(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 146 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 16:51
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The sound of a horse comes into the marketplace as a cloaked form manuevers to the stable. Some of the market dwellers move aside.After a few moments, the cloaked person finds a spot for his horse and puts it into a stall. Shortly, the newcomer comes out of the stable near the inn and stretches.

The gnome fiddles around with baubles, seeming to be waiting on Tal. Several people manning their carts and tents glance over at the newcomer and goes about their business selling their wares. Everyone seems to be in a good mood for the most part.

OOC
In walks Colis. He's cloaked btw.

Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 4 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 18:05
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The tall cloaked figure moved carefully away from the stables, a scarf wrapped around his face and odd pair of goggles cover his eyes as he moved slowly through the market. He starts to make inquiries about the local apothecary, with an oddly pleasant voice, much in the same vain of screeching cats. "Good d'y ladies, ye wouldn't by an'mean of chance knuw where'be the local haler, eh?"
Dungeon Master
 GM, 147 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 19:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
One man points towards a temple in the distance "Got no apothecary so to speak. Humphree has knicks and knacks. Baubles. An' just recently got a temple of Sarenrae."
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 5 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 06:22
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Grand...well burstin' we be a fun show I'm sure." he chuckled and turned carefully back towards the inn. He pulled his cloak closer around him and made his way towards the inn. "Need to be talk'in to th' priest 'fere long. But food first." he nodded at passing strangers as he opened the inn door and looked around.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 85 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 09:08
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha walks and meets Humphree.
"Morning sir. Didn't want to interrupt you while trading. Did you choose the deal?"
She does some small talk about how difficult sometimes is to earn a living with your own business. After a while she goes back to the topic she came to speak about.
"I'm almost done here in town, so it won't be long before I leave back to the city. Just wanted to confirm we have an agreement on the powder. I'll talk to my boss, and if he's happy as well we can start doing business straight afterwards. Also, do you happen to know when the next organised caravan/convoy is out of town back to the city? I'll rather not walk all the way back home by myself. It's a long way and roads can be dangerous sometimes."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 15 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 12:51
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet approaches the inn and pauses a moment to absorb the sounds and smells before entering.  He lets himself take a deep breath and releases a bit of his anxious energy as he exhales.  He moves his shoulders and cracks his neck before moving through the door into the inn.  He steps through the threshold and pauses again, unmoving as his eyes scan the room, gathering information.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 149 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 14:20
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Humphree nods his head and gives her the pouch "I got some powder for you. Go on. I don't got all damn day. People tah see and place to not go and all that." He moves the bag towards her "Well what are you waiting for? Black powder ain't cheap. I given you those for free but I'm against it I am. Can't make money if I just hand stuff away. I got no ways tah get it mark me words. Spread out that there's a gunslinger wanting work and all that I can do. Get some powder here and there but no way tah get a large amount. Do I look like a dwarf? No!" He grumbles under his breath "I'm a master negotiator and all that mark my words. You mark them alright?" He leans back in his chair.

INN:
The inn is quaint. There's only one person inside-the innkeeper. A big burly woman, older as well. She leans against the top of the bar, wiping it down "Welcome welcome. How can I help you out? Ale? Wine? Rooms?" She pauses as she looks up at Colis and Hamlet and she motions for them to come over, looking at the Tielfling "Saw you got a horse in my stables."
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 7 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 19:54
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Aye ma'am, a pri'vate reom and phseant if ye have it?" Colis said as he reached into his pouch and pulled out three gold coins and set them down on the counter. "An' a rub dow' and carrot for de horse if ye don't mind."
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 16 posts
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 20:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Just a hot bath ma'am." he says arms crossed as he looks out the window into the street.
Zella
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 02:36
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The innkeeper watches the alchemist, eyes narrowed "3 silver for the night. And I think I got a pheasent. If you want yah can put yer gear upstairs and I can get the pheasent ready. An' I can give you a carrot, no charge. The stables are mine but you can maintain it, just keep it clean." She smiles and glances at the rogue "Upstairs, straight ahead. It'll be cold but I can get you some warm water if you want. Free of charge." She finishes with the bar, cleaning it up.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:39, Thu 15 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 17 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 03:25
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Yes please, thanks."  He mumbles as he heads upstairs, creaking planks under each step.  Stepping into the bathroom, he tosses his pack in the corner and begins to peel layer after layer of oily musty garments from his ripe, road-weary body.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 87 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 21:49
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha is thankful for the gunpowder that Humphree handles her. She's not sure why is he giving it for free, but she thanks him anyway, as it will hopefully mean a new line of business for them.
"I'll give this to my master and I'll come back with a good business opportunity for all of us."she smiles at the odd trader.
"Now I need to come back to the city to speak to my master. Do you know if there is any safe convoy back to the city soon? I'd rather not walk all the way by myself if I can avoid it. Otherwise I'll walk if it's the only option." she scratches her head as she thinks about doing all the way back on foot. It's going to be a long way of she needs to do it on foot...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 150 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 23:00
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
"Convoy eh? Nope. Best bet wait for some tah leave and travel with them. Maybe hitch a ride with some farmers but they don't leave often. Never know could get lucky. An' walking alone might get you killed, mark my words lass." The gnome adjusts his table slightly and pulls out a ring that looks dented. He starts to get to work on it but seems to be aggrivated so he stops and pulls out a jug. He swigs it and smiles letting out a bit of a burp 'Sorry there. Didn't mean it. Just happens."

Still the marketplace is pretty crowded. Xander doesn't make his appearance known. Pike shows up later on and smiles at Humphree and he waves at her "Lass! Comin' by later? Show yer my wares?" Pike responds "I'll stop by later. Oh and hello Talitha." She bows, grabs a few apples and oranges from a nearbye cart pays from then and heads back to the temple.

The boy and girl keep playing their game of hide and seek, the boy pearing from behind a barrel at Tal and ducks down. The girl doesn't see him.

INN:
The innkeep pauses for a moment and fetches some water, bringing it upstairs. She makes sure he is either fully clothes or in the bath and pours the water into the basin for him slowly then returns back down and glances at the tielfling.
Colis Manatan
 Tiefling Alchemist, 8 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 01:18
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Thank ye m'dear. I'll be takin' a warn meal den." he smiled and went up staris to stow his pack, it would be a long ride all the same onto the next town, he planned to stay a few days.

He moved back down to the stable quickly grabbing the carrot as he moved out into the stables to make sure his horse was watered and fed. Proper straw laid out for the night and the saddle and bridle removed. Colis kept himself wrapped up as he made his way back out towards the inn and sat down on the steps to admire the brightness of the day.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 18 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 03:45
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet coughs and smiles awkwardly as he steps to the side and waits quietly for her to pour his bath.  He nods as she leaves and closes the door quickly behind her as she leaves.  He then settles in for a long bath and washes his clothes as well, ringing them out and hanging them here and there around the room to dry.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 88 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 08:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha dwarves su Pike and leaves Humphree's shop. She heads towards the mayor's house. She can't wait until someone leaves the town, and with no scheduled convoys in and out of town she'll need to go walking by her own.
She leaves the market thanking again Humphree and assuring him they'll make some good business. On her way out she approaches Pike "Is good to she you. Once I talk to the mayor's wife I'll come by and say goodbye, I should be leaving today." she smiles.

OoC: how far away is the city from the town? How long on foot? I should know as I already made the trip from the city to the town. Alternatively, how far is the closest town with convoys with the city?
Dungeon Master
 GM, 151 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 11:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
MARKETPLACE:
Catching up to Pike, the gunslinger and cleric talk for a few minutes. She does smile and nod as she heads for the temple, waving at Tal. Once she gets to the mayors house that's back near the marketplace, a woman glances around "Has anyone seen my son? He was playing with my daughter but I don't see him. Leon? Leon!" She seems to be worried. No one seems to have seen the lad but some of them go to look around the village. Her daughter is clamped against her mothers leg. Upon hearing all the commotion, the mayor's wife opens the door just as Tal is about to knock "Hello."

Sitting outside the inn is the cloaked tiefling. He sits down, watching the marketplace. The sylph walks back through the marketplace, and seems to head towards the temple.

INN:
The bath is comfortable as the rogue sits within it. Its quiet. You can look out across the small village but all you can make out from this perspective is the clouds above (at an angle looking upwards).
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 19 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 13:01
(IC) Village of Mapleville
07:53, Today: Hamlet Fuller rolled 24 using 1d20+6.  Perception.

As the water cools to room temperature, Hamlet pulls himself out of filthy brown water and begins drying off with the thick woven towel provided.  The air always smells better after a good bath he ponders with a deep breath and relishes the cool air against his clean skin...

Something in his heart suddenly drops...  an old pain.  A familiar pain.  It's usually nothing, but it's been something often enough that he pays attention...  Hamlet holds still a moment to listen intently...
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 89 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 13:44
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha has turned as well at the woman. Then hears the door opening.
"Hello, good morning. Sorry to come by so early. As promised I came back to collect the payment. I hope your husband is getting better today."
She gives the wife a kind smile.
"I indeed to go back to the city as soon as possible, but apparently there is no communication out of town. At least not that I have been able to find. If you have any information about how to go to the city other than walking in be very thankful about the information. Anyone that can go to the trip for a few coins or anyone that does send or receive items so I can ask them if they have anything planned for the next few days."
She looks very interested in leaving as soon as possible.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 20 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 02:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet sighs and shakes his head, then quickly gets dressed and packs his gear still damp.  He then rushes down the stairs, out the front door, and looks around for the woman.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 152 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 18:40
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The wife takes the money and holds it out to her "We have communication out. This isn't a city so things take longer and we have no reason to send word well anywhere. Got what we need here. I know this isn't a place you are used to...." She ponders something for a moment "I'd say asked around. See if anyone is leaving and if you can go with them. Farmers may go to sell wares. But like I said we take care of eachother. Like a family so to speak. As for my husband...." She looks rather worried "Took a turn for the worst. He is rather old so I pray he get better. I believe Pike will come at some point, see how he is doing." She glances over at what is going on.

Several market people look around, trying to find the child. The woman turns and almost slams into Hamlet "I'm sorry..my mind is elsewhere. Oh have you seen my son? He's about 4' tall, brown hair and eyes. Leon."

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:42, Sat 24 Oct.

Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 21 posts
Sat 24 Oct 2020
at 19:50
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Hamlet swivels and holds out his hands incase he needs to catch the woman.  Luckily he doesn't.  "Um...  No ma'am.  But I can help look for him."  He scratches the back of his head awkwardly.  "Any suggestions where I should look?"
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 90 posts
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 22:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha takes the money and puts it at the bottom of his bag trying to place the weight evenly.
"Thank you so much again, and thank you for the advice. I'll check with the farmers to see if anyone is leaving town soon... I really hope you're husband gets better... Pike will be of help for sure."
Talitha looks at the mother that is still asking around about her child. She changed subject with the mayor's wife. "Do you know her and his kid? I might offer my help to find the boy... I know what is to be a scared lost kid." she smiles and leaves the wife to take care of her husband.

The gunslinger then approaches the mother. "I'm sorry to hear you can't find your kid. Do you need help looking for him? I can check any place you can think he might be, so we can cover more places and find him quicker." she tries to sound confirming to the mother.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 154 posts
Thu 29 Oct 2020
at 15:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
"Seeing as your a scared lost kid yourself my dear? Not lost so to speak. I should return to my husband. Thank you." The woman departs inside, closing the door.

As Tal approaches the woman, she lets the rogue and gunslinger know she isn't sure where else to look other then the lake and the mill "There's so many place he can be being well small. But there's a treehouse for all the kids. Maybe he's there hiding. Its some distance off but there's a trail leading to it and the lake." She just seems worried, constantly looking around moving from one home to another home and stopping to ask others to help out and most do.

Approaching the woman, the cloaked Xander bows to her for a moment "I can help you find it but I have a question to ask. Do you have something that belongs to him? Maybe something he dropped? Clothing..."

The woman stops for a moment as her daughter holds onto her leg. She takes off a small bracelet made of beads "Gave me it this morning. Will that work?"

Xander takes it, rubbing his chin "Yes. May I take this for the time being? You will get it back."

The woman nods her head.
Hamlet Fuller
 Human Rogue, 23 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 14:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Finding himself in the sudden midst of a crowd, Hamelt takes an instinctive step back and pulls his hood down a bit as he looks at the two others.  "I guess we can work together?" he says shrugging.