(IC) Village of Mapleville.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 18 posts
Wed 19 Aug 2020
at 00:19
(IC) Village of Mapleville

A small village, Mapleville is a peaceful place. Several people move throughout the village, trading and working. A inn sits in the center, with the doors open wide and people can be heard inside talking and laughing. There's several small shops with people mingling. A dock lies here as well. A churchbell rings out a few times and goes silence. Some woodsman chop down some trees, making a pile in a small wagon held by a mule. Three kids zip about playing. It just seems to be a peaceful place.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:13, Thu 20 Aug.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 9 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 05:07
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Davian groused as he walked, his muscles stiff and tired from the long walk back to Mapleville after guiding those last idiots on their way. He emerged from the woods to find the rough path, thankful for even that scant sign of civilisation, and quickened his pace towards the village. A bath and an afternoon without wearing the cumbersome spiked armour that had become his trademark lent him fresh impetus.

He was a young man, and wiry. Of average height for a human, the half-elf was regularly able to pass for his father's people though he never tried. He cared very little for the opinions of others, the most derisive would inevitably be the ones that would come to him for help when they needed to brave the wild lands between settlements. He head was bare, allowing his short blond hair to pick up the slight breeze and his dark green eyes full range of vision. In garb the man was a veritable arsenal, carrying a long-hafted spear in his right hand, doubling as a walking aid. As well as an un-strung bow at his shoulder and an assortment of lighter melee weapons about his person.

Finally reaching the village he looked around at the scene of rustic normality, he headed for the closest approximation to an inn the place could offer.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 12 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 20:21
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha jumped out of the wagon just outside of Mapleville.

She was here to close a deal and start working on the measurements for a job requested by the mayor of this small town. An expensive and exclusive toy for someone that most probably didn't know how to shoot without hurting himself, but he was paying good money and father accepted the job. Better than that, he asked her to go and do all the field work. Talitha had been working quite well recently and this trip felt almost like holidays.

It was early in the morning and she wasn't planning on showing up at the mayor until lunch time (maybe she'd even eat for free) so decided to go for a walk around the town… Not much to see, but knowing the main shops and the inn of a town is always advisable. She found the blacksmith and although she found that he had most of the materials to manufacture firearms and ammunition, he didn't have a clue on how to do it. Obviously she didn't help him in that matter at all. It's good for the business to have no competence.

Anyway she just started roaming around the town and enjoying the fresh air before going to meet the mayor.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 24 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 01:29
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The smith actually has little to make the gun but he has some decent weapons-mainly used for farming but they could be used in a nutshell and he could make some different weapons and armor with time. He slams down a few times, looking up at the gunslinger and he nods his head but keeps working. Its a decent shop. Theres several shops mainly selling food but there is one that sells trinkets and baubles. Some people perous the shops and they make a deal. A sign is above a doorway with the doors open leading into a tavern and nearbye a inn. There's also a decent sized home-probably the mayor's home. Some children move around playing what looks like tag or hide and go seek. Two people sit outside a smaller home, both seem to be human. One of them lights up a cigar and the other sips something from a cup.

The gunslinger stops and looks around as the fighter comes from a different area heading for the inn. One of the kids hide behind Talitha giggling. Davian comes down a path near the inn and another kid hides behind him and looks up. His eyes go wide and he books away seeing all the weapons and hides now behind a small cart.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 14 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 21:14
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After checking with the blacksmith, Talitha has a look at the rest of the shops, curious is she could find the necessary components to produce gunpowder.
She looks if there is any kind of alchemist and any other business around that can provide her with sulfur, charcoal and saltpetre. After asking in several places, she checks that it's getting close to midday so she decides to ask for the address of the mayor, although she suspects it's the nice house she saw previously.
She also checks for the tavern and the inn, as she'll probably need to stay in town a couple of days while closing the deal and getting all the information for the firearm to have it done. Just before knocking on the mayor's house some kids start playing around her and she sees the heavily armoured man on the other side of the street.
She feels curious about a man like him in such a peaceful town, but now she has some business to attend, so she knocks in the door. She'll probably have some time to talk to him later at the inn.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 29 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 21:37
(IC) Village of Mapleville
OOC: Its probably around 10:00am.

As the gunslinger walks towards the smith, he looks up and goes back to work as she seems preoccopied with everything going on. She checks out a few smaller things here and there and finds nothing of any use other then food and some people trading like corn for wheat or beans for potatoes. Most of the shops are decent sized tents, some have signs but others do not. The tavern and inn are visible with a sign above them and have a open door. The larger building no one comes outside. But the people around the town seem to be in a good mood mainly. The tent selling baubles and trinkets seems to be closing down for now but the one who runs it is hard to make out as the tent is being closed from the inside.

OOC Make a Perception check.
Who you asking? Just random people?

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:48, Sat 22 Aug.

Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 15 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 08:33
(IC) Village of Mapleville
OOC: I asked for directions in the inn and the tavern for the mayor's house. I also made some inquiries on staying a couple of nights in the inn as I'll need somewhere to stay.

08:36, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 14 using 1d20+6.  Perception check. - [roll=1598254577.41025.347974]


After checking in most of the shops in town Talitha concludes that there is no way more cartridges can be manufactured in town. She always carries a handful of them when traveling as father thought her, and she doesn't have any intention of using them anyway.
She had planned to wait until midday to visit the mayor, but there is not much else to do in the village and she already checked all shops but the one selling baubles and trinkets. She sees it's locked from the inside, so she knocks hoping she might find something interesting in this last shop.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 31 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 09:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
The gunslinger (still out in the road) asked where the tavern and in is and was pointed towards the open doorway across the way, and the older individuals sitting outside chat with her, and let her know the building nearbye was in fact the mayors home. She nods her head after the conversation, thanking them. Tal heads towards the tavern/inn. Inside the inn, there's a younger plumb woman at the bar. Theres no one else here. Several tables and chairs are littered about and a small stairwall leads upstairs. She smiles "Hello there!" Tal asks if she can spend a night or two, and the woman nods, pulling out a small key "New here aren't yah? Eh, first night be  half-price so 3 silver and ever night after is 5 silver. But iffn yah want food, come on down here and we can work it all out."

This message was last edited by the GM at 09:52, Mon 24 Aug.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 10 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:03
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Davian was amused by the childrens' antics, and rummaged in his coin pouch for a couple of coins. "Hey kid," he called towards the little one hiding behind the cart as he stopped and leaned on the haft of his spear. "Where can I rent a room and get a meal?" He jingled the two silver coins in his palm enticingly, keeping a friendly smile on his face that was completely unfitting with the viciously spiked armour he wore.
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 16 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 10:47
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Talitha hands over a gold coin to the woman
“This should cover a couple of nights and some meals. I’m here to close some business so it shouldn’t take me more than that.”
Then she smiles and asks the innkeeper about the mayor, trying to get some additional information from him before meeting him at his house. After some chatting she asks about the town
“I’ve had a look at the shops around town, but I couldn’t get into the trinkets shop, as it seems the owner closed it from the inside. Did he run out of business? The other shops were nice to nose around but I got bored after a while. Apart from that, I’m not sure if there is anything else to know about the town. Any other sources of entertainment while I’m not working?”
 
OOC: Can I use sense motive to feel if there is anything off when she replies back to me? If not ignore the roll.
11:46, Today: Talitha Deschain rolled 8 using 1d20+2.  Sense motive on innkeeper. - [roll=1598265992.77283.347974]

Dungeon Master
 GM, 34 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 11:53
(IC) Village of Mapleville
Two of them look at the coins and grab one of each. They look at them, actually bite into them to probably see if they are real and their eyes open wide. They point to a open doored area nearbye "Thanks!" They scurry off.

OOC
So what did you give them?

Inside the inn, the woman wipes down a cup "Not much happens round these parts. The smithy has some tales though. Should talk to the lad. Trinkets shop? Oh no, he doesn't have a set time. Probably is taking a nap or whatnot. Knock on the tent and see iffn he's up. Most here are farmers, tradin' goods yah see? Lately we just got a priest here too. What else what else...." She taps the bar a few times "Nope that I know of. Entertainment? Well some of the strapping lads tussle about fer fun. Like music your talking bout? Few people come here, play and leave. Been rather quiet as of late." She takes the coin and gives back 2 silver. Two nights.

OOC
She seems sincere.
BTW You never talk to the smith.

Davian Koromos
 Half-Elf Fighter, 11 posts
 HP: 12, AC: 19
 F: +4, R: +2, W: +1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 15:12
(IC) Village of Mapleville
With a low chuckle at their enthusiasm Davian hefted his pack carefully, thankfully many of the spikes on the back of the armour were omitted to allow gear to be carried, and headed for the building. Upon entry he looked around, quickly assessing the potential exits, and approached the innkeep. He saw she was already in conversation so he waited patiently, spending the time gingerly removing the straps on his pack to drop it slowly to the floor.

OOC: Kids got 2 silver coins
Talitha Deschain
 Human Gunslinger, 18 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:27
(IC) Village of Mapleville
After a chat with the innkeeper, Talitha has the address of the mayor and a brief gossip about him (mostly useless). She also has a couple of hours to spend so she decides to fist pay a visit to the blacksmith (OOC: if I never talked to him I’ll go and ask him some questions) .
Before leaving sees the warrior she saw outside waiting in the inn. She politely nods her head and with a brief “Good morning sir” leaves towards the blacksmith.
Once she reaches the workshop, she looks around for a while checking the quality of the job done by the man and once he seems to be more approachable she’ll make some conversation with a nice smile
“Hello, I just wanted to check on a fellow craftsman how things were done in here. You know I am a manufacturer myself although of a different nature. I was curious to find out if here some of the items I craft could be done. More of professional curiosity rather than anything else.”
She’ll show him the pistol and the cartridges
“See? I specialise in this kind of objects, so I wanted to know if you know if the raw materials can be procured around the area… I am always interested in finding new suppliers for my business and due to the few suppliers of sulphur, charcoal and saltpetre; and I thought you might know if these materials are available in the area.”
(OOC: if the smith says there is not no way of making new ammunition in town I know I only have 20 bullets and that’s it until I go back home) .
She makes some more inquiries about this and then decides to leave. She checks and she finds it’s around 11 am so she decides to go have a look at the trinkets shop, in case it’s open now and then head towards the mayor’s house.
She’ll get in front of the shop and knock on the door “Sorry to disturb you, I just wanted to check if the shop is opened or should I came later. Thank you!.”