003 - The Rejoining.   Posted by DM Neogi.Group: 0
Orlen
 player, 127 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 01:33
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"Okay let's go to the main tunnel and see if we can pick up a trail" Orlen says as he heads in that direction looking for Tydor's tracks.
DM Neogi
 GM, 188 posts
 Evil space spider
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 05:49
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: I will assume everyone follows Orlen.]

Returning to the main tunnel the group finds no tracks other than the ones they made upon entering the place.
Orlen
 player, 128 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Thu 25 Jun 2020
at 13:10
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen looks around nervously at the walls, floors and ceiling "This is why I like being outdoors more than indoors. This place is creepy we need to find Tydor though if we can, which way haven't we gone before?"
DM Neogi
 GM, 189 posts
 Evil space spider
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 08:20
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The hall continues west into the darkness. Heading east you would pass the opening in the ceiling and dangling rope then into more unexplored areas.
Sir Jovius
 player, 69 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 08:31
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius shrugged and smiled wryly
"Well, my friends, let us be off to new areas of this forsaken place, to see what we might see"
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 134 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 12:24
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“If this is our course then so be it should we pass a note up warning them to guard the escape and informing them of the children fate?”
Theo Metuckle
 player, 57 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 19:41
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  "I'll pop back up and tell them," volunteers Theo, heading for the wall, then walking up it to the hole.

OOC: Is there anybidy waiting up top?
Orlen
 player, 129 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Sun 28 Jun 2020
at 01:54
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen thought about the others. "We shouldn't split up, we still don't know what carried Tydor off. Going alone you might get picked off. If we go to pass a message, we all need to go and Binx can fly up and deliver a message, return to us at the bottom of the hole and then we can proceed," he counsels the others.
Nixif
 player, 92 posts
 Gnome
 Ranger extraordinaire
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 02:56
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
A medium sized humanoid figure of light will walk up and take up the rear of the group.
Theo Metuckle
 player, 58 posts
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 07:30
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  Theo is heading for the hole.
Orlen
 player, 130 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Tue 30 Jun 2020
at 13:23
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen looks at the humanoid of light asking, "What are you?"
DM Neogi
 GM, 190 posts
 Evil space spider
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 04:33
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: sorry for the delay. Was waiting to see who else would comment then got busy with work for a few days.]

The party makes it to the area of rubble below the hole in the ceiling. A dim shaft of light comes down across the floor. Theo can go to the surface along with anyone else who wants to climb the rope or fly.
Clover
 player, 113 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 05:13
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
...are we leaving the hole...or continue to find our friend.
Theo Metuckle
 player, 59 posts
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 07:48
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
OOC: Theo intends to tell anybody still waiting of the boys' fate (in general terms) before heading back down. So just a short diversion.
Sir Jovius
 player, 70 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 08:00
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius shrugged
"I'm up for more exploration, chaps, but I'll follow the group"
Orlen
 player, 131 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 11:21
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"I think we should find Tydor" Orlen says. "We should stay together though"
Clover
 player, 114 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 16:01
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Clover:
...are we leaving the hole...or continue to find our friend.

Clover rubs his throat as if it is a bit sore he looks a bit hesitant, but still willing to continue, as he speaks his voice sounds on the edge of going "horse"

I only ask because my offensive and healing ability is depleted for the day. I can still manipulate proficiency and mobility. So I am going to be in the background till I can rest my voice a bit.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:56, Wed 08 July 2020.

Binx Quillfeather
 player, 36 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 17:04
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx nods, "I don't think we should leave anyone behind, we know not hat lies ahead. Let's move on and see what we can find."
DM Neogi
 GM, 191 posts
 Evil space spider
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 04:18
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
On the surface, Theo finds the three town elders still waiting. Their already sad faces fall even further at his news.

"Tis an evil thing that has been awaked," one says.

"If only you hadn't ploughed so deep it would still be asleep," says another.

"Maybe so, but it would still be down there waiting for someone to awaken it," the third says defensively.
DM Neogi
 GM, 192 posts
 Evil space spider
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 04:19
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: From the map there are three ways to continue: east or west down the main hall, or back to finish exploring the room where the deadly vines grew.]

This message had punctuation tweaked by the GM at 04:20, Thu 09 July 2020.

Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 135 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 13:26
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan is not certain the best course of action
Continue to explore or try to uncover the history of the region that might shed light on the place

“My thinking is we either explore and discover or we go to the library and elders to learn the history and related lore.”
Theo Metuckle
 player, 60 posts
Thu 9 Jul 2020
at 13:32
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  "Alas, I believe the chidren awoke it," replies Theo to the elders, "but now we know about it and we are here: It may be possible to do something before it awakens further and grows stronger."
  He turns and bids them good-bye before heading back down to the others. "The elders were waiting," he tells them. "They think something has been woken up. I said we'd try to deal with it before it got too awake."
Orlen
 player, 132 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 16:42
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"Let us continue to explore, but we will need to be prepared to retreat if Clover is out of healing if we take to much more damage," Orlen says.
Sir Jovius
 player, 71 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 22:55
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
In reply to Orlen (msg # 254):

"Lead on, my stalwart friend!  We shall follow!"
The swordsman smiled encouragingly
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 136 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 23:22
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Aye if something slumbers now is the time to strike, though the whole “awakening evil’ might just be an assumption.”