003 - The Rejoining.   Posted by DM Neogi.Group: 0
Orlen
 player, 139 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 12:40
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"I don't think someone would waste the effort to put a pressure plate and have it do nothing, though perhaps age has prevented it from working." Orlen says.
Sir Jovius
 player, 76 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Fri 31 Jul 2020
at 23:45
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius nodded grimly, though his confident smile never left his face
"Best we prepare for the worst, everyone.   We should perhaps presume that the denizens of this place know someone's come to visit"
DM Neogi
 GM, 199 posts
 Evil space spider
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 04:41
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The stairs continue to lead down and as the group descends a cold mist is seen filling the way further down the steps. Theo (a deep gnome) can tell that the mists are only a foot or two deep and the stairway is about to end.

A faint voice is carried upon a breeze "Why do yuo disturb this place?" it asks.
Sir Jovius
 player, 77 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 04:49
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Standing tall...ish, Sir Jovius spoke up
"We are here because there have been evil done in this area, and we mean to find out why.   Identify yourself, if you please?"
The halfling's voice was polite, but carried the authority of someone who expected to be obeyed
DM Neogi
 GM, 200 posts
 Evil space spider
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 05:35
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius' words echo in the darkness. There is no reply.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:35, Thu 06 Aug 2020.

Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 146 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 13:11
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“I think this may be a magical effect, rather than an intelligence.”



oday: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 16 using 1d20+5.  Spellcraft
Theo Metuckle
 player, 62 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 20:42
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  "Beware in the mist," warns Theo. "It's not thick, but it'll hide further traps."
DM Neogi
 GM, 201 posts
 Evil space spider
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 05:48
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan: The voice has a definite spell-like character but not entirely a spell. Maybe some sort of magical amplification or enhancement?
Sir Jovius
 player, 78 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 06:57
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius nodded grimly but with determination.
"Shall we continue?  We'll definitely be careful"
Orlen
 player, 140 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 17:40
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"I don't believe we have a choice, we need to find out more so that we can take that information back to the town." Orlen says.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 147 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 18:30
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Wait this seems to be an actual voice modified by magic, rather than just an audible glamer meaning that someone is down here.”
Binx Quillfeather
 player, 40 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 01:24
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx hmmms, "Well, that is no powerful spell. Perhaps they just want to frighten us off."
Sir Jovius
 player, 79 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 01:25
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius nodded.
"Very well.  Let's proceed then, my friends!"
DM Neogi
 GM, 202 posts
 Evil space spider
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 07:17
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The room widens beyond the stairway into a large vault entending east. The mist rises up to the waist's of the party as they walk through it, strange eddies of the stuff swirling off towards the walls, tentacles forming and reaching through the air before dipping back down into the fog. The artwork so prevalent in the upper section of the dungeon is gone replaced with tiles of various clashing colours seemingly designed to other those who look upon it. Ribbed columns reach up to the arched ceiling above. Stange roundish spheres cluster up the the highest plqces above. There is a faint sound of dripping water coming from somewhere about.
Sir Jovius
 player, 80 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 08:47
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius looked around with a wry expression, speaking quietly
"I don't know who made this place, but I'd wager they're an odd sort of folk. "
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 148 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 12:27
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan frames his hands to take in a single clashing tile, thinking perhaps they are meant to be viewed through the fog perhaps through a bulbous eye.... in that case any obstruction, such as the group walking through would be visible nearly instant....

“Anyone think they could use magic to duplicate these tiles if they had to?    Us against this backbrop would be very easy to spot....”

Beagan thinks perhaps a mirror, bright lights or invisibility should be at the ready
He has flash bangs that might be useful

He takes a small cup of the mist and tests it to make sure it’s not flammable...
The cup looks like one used for hot cupping Beagan actually uses the method to extract injected venoms in case of bites...

This message was last edited by the player at 12:36, Sat 15 Aug 2020.

Binx Quillfeather
 player, 41 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 14:45
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx uses his staff to point up towards the round spheres near the ceiling, "What are those?"
Orlen
 player, 141 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 20:01
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"I'm not sure. We should tread carefully," Orlen said.

Orlen looked curiously at the walls and at the globes that seemed of interest. He wondered if perhaps they were some sort of trap. Gnomes delighted in illusions. Could this perhaps be some sort of illusion he wondered.

Orlen moved over to the wall saying "I wonder if this is some sort of figment."



He reached out touching the wall to see if it was real.

16:00, Today: Orlen rolled 18 using 1d20+3.  Will save against Illusion, if it's an illusion :).
Theo Metuckle
 player, 63 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Sun 16 Aug 2020
at 08:21
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   "It must be said, those red balls are very tempting for target practice with a few magical blasts," confesses Theo as he gazes upward.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 149 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 13:51
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“The columns and spheres remind me of a device I once placed my hand upon and my hair stood on end....”
Sir Jovius
 player, 81 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 23:48
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The swashbuckler grinned at Beagan.
"Sounds like an interesting time. "
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 150 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 22:03
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Not one I think I would enjoy on this exponential scale!”
Sir Jovius
 player, 82 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 02:53
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius shrugged.
"Shall we proceed?  It seems almost rude to make the traps and monsters wait."
DM Neogi
 GM, 204 posts
 Evil space spider
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 04:29
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The mist is not flammable when tested and the walls and columns seem to be real.

Continuing on a short way the group notices two 20' wide corridors leading north and south from the chamber they are in. Also, a short way farther on two smaller passages also head north and south.


Behold my ugly map which I will use until my long-promised proper map is posted. The 'P' is where the party is.


  / ---------|  |--||-----
--
            P
--
   \----------| |--||-----
Sir Jovius
 player, 84 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 04:45
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius walked to the first set of corridors and looked both ways.