003 - The Rejoining.   Posted by DM Neogi.Group: 0
DM Neogi
 GM, 206 posts
 Evil space spider
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 18:40
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Both extend 20' or so then open into large rooms. Nothing else can be made out unless they are entered.
Sir Jovius
 player, 85 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 19:08
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius will move forward to look down the next corridors
Binx Quillfeather
 player, 42 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:24
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx walks cautiously, keeping close to the group and trying to stay aware of anything amiss.
.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 152 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 23:28
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan starts searching for traps...

“Now suddenly this place seems normal again...unless Cuthulu is currently feasting upon our brains and dictating our reality.”


Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Search
Theo Metuckle
 player, 64 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 15:40
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   Theo chuckles at Beagan's suggestion. "Well he won't find much to feast on in my head," he asserts.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 153 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 15:42
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“That’s a relief.”
Orlen
 player, 143 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 02:11
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen continued with the others to look for clues of the evil that stalked this place. The children lost now, it was sad for the town, but they needed to be sure more children did not fall prey to the evil here.
Sir Jovius
 player, 86 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 02:18
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius looked at his companions
"Shall we try these first tunnels, my fine fellows?"
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 154 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 02:41
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“I was looking for traps first.”
Clover
 player, 117 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 15:53
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
clover moves with the party maintaining a reserved silence. He is flipping through a small note book lost in thought.

without looking up from his book
I have heard vague rumors of the entity called Cthulhu, if this structure were associated with it. I would be expecting less logic to this complex and we would likely be feeling madness creeping into our minds a bit more.

but I could be very wrong, all I know is gained from obscure references from fragments of obscure books. I would be interested to learn what you know on the subject.

Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 155 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 16:09
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“I found reference to it when researching a true name I had come across, the true name of the entity I dare not even try to name the sea creatures that worship and fear it name it Dagon.” 
DM Neogi
 GM, 207 posts
 Evil space spider
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 05:17
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
No traps are found in the passageway but with all the fog gathered around their feet it would be easy to miss a tripwire or some other hidden trap!

It would be unwise to rule out madness affecting the party. A number of party members have disappeared or have they? Could they not still walk with you speaking and gesturing but could it be that you are not aware of them in your madness?
Orlen
 player, 144 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 13:10
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen continued to search with his friends aware that they could not stay here forever and would need time to return to the surface to rest and relax before venturing forth again. It was still earlish in the day though.
DM Neogi
 GM, 208 posts
 Evil space spider
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 21:02
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: assuming you all are continuing down the corridor into the room...]

There is a slight incline in the floor of the passageway and room beyond so that by the time everyone is in the room the ground beneath then is visible. Large black and white tiles are laid into the floor in a basic geometric pattern. The wall too are covered in tiles but smaller and with a greater number of colours.  The design is abstract and disconcerting to the eye.

At the far end of the room is a niche extending from ground level to 12' in height, about 5' wide and 3' deep. Within it, the 'ribbed' stonework similar to the what was seen in the last room is carved but this time horizontally as well as vertically. On the ground in front of it are chunks of stone in various sizes but all are only 2" deep.
Theo Metuckle
 player, 65 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 21:10
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   "Phew, it's good to be out of that fog," says Theo, somewhat relieved. "I wonder what's up with that alcove. Or do those bits of stone fit together?" The gnome advances down the room (keeping an eye out for anythin untoward), until he is some 10' away from the bits of stone, at which point he looks at them carefully to see whether they might have been bits of one thing.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 156 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 02:41
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Was this where something broke out?  Is this a prison of some sort?”

Am I the only one thinking of Minecraft from these descriptions?  Never played it..but I am seeing it
DM Neogi
 GM, 209 posts
 Evil space spider
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 07:27
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: I've never played Minecraft so I will assume any similarity is a coincidence. Or the Minecraft guys and me are equally bad at Englishing.]
Orlen
 player, 145 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 12:07
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"I suppose it could be," Orlen said.

"That would be problematic," he continued, "If this was a prison then there could be other dangers that still lurk. If a prison though why no guards?"
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 157 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 21:30
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Perhaps the creatures are the guards or a means of thwarting escape.”
Sir Jovius
 player, 87 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 21:35
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius snorted a derisive chuckle
"If this is a prison, they're doing a darned poor job of it.  You'd think that there would be a living guard or two, to let us know.    I certainly don't want to trespass on private property, but I can't be blamed if the owners are hiding the whole time"
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 158 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 00:12
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“Potentially you could see both a break out and a break in and sit back and let the threats eliminate each other....”
Sir Jovius
 player, 88 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 00:29
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius chuckled
"Well, i hope we can give them some entertainment "
DM Neogi
 GM, 210 posts
 Evil space spider
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 07:49
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
While staying 10' away from the stone fragments the group can convince themselves that the bits were once part of a wall or shell that had broken at some time in the past. Any further details would require getting closer.
Sir Jovius
 player, 89 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 10:30
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Too curious for his own good, Sir Jovius moved closer
Binx Quillfeather
 player, 43 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 15:23
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx peers at the mosaic, "A bit hard on the eyes... almost disorienting."