003 - The Rejoining.   Posted by DM Neogi.Group: 0
Clover
 player, 120 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 15:55
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
As he had warned his companions he was mostly impotent here in this fight. The only lexicons he had not streached to near the breaking point for the day was one to grant bonuses or penalty to skill checks.

So he moved aside trying to stay out of the way, and did so feeling utterly useless.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 187 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 17:30
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan tries to use his wand of cure light wounds on the undead...

“No expecto curatum!”

Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Wand cure light wounds . 12:28, Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Attack roll.
Theo Metuckle
 player, 78 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 13:56
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  Theo lets off another blast from his vantage point, aiming for a vertical zombie.

OOC: EB again: Hit AC 20 (touch), dam: 4.
DM Neogi
 GM, 243 posts
 Evil space spider
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 05:13
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
quote:
I'm assuming I fell....I'm pretty sure their spellcasting attribute is better than +2


If by 'their' you mean Beagan! Little friendly fire happening here.

Orlen's axe bites into Galeyn's leg! Theo's blast strikes her head! She falls becoming just regular dead rather than undead!

Beagan's spell and Jovius' sword damage Wellby!

Galeyn's undead weasel finds a prone Orlen easy pickens and bites him deeply causing 5 points damage.

Wellby strikes at Sir Jovius with his sword but misses the agile halfling!

The standing skeleton ignores the party and advances on the mysterious man.

Ty and the other two skeletons struggle to get back on their feet.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:40, Sun 27 Dec 2020.

Sir Jovius
 player, 106 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/10
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 06:55
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius slashed again.

OOC:


00:53, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  rapier.

 

Orlen
 player, 173 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 16/32 HP
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 15:59
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen swings the axe at the undead weasel. That bite was pretty vicious





10:57, Today: Orlen rolled 23,7 using 20+3,d4+3.  handaxe attack while prone on weasel.
10:57, Today: Orlen rolled 23,5 using 20+3,d4+3.  Critical Check.  ---undead are immune to critical hits :(, I forgot about that in my excitement of rolling a nat 20 attack :(

Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 189 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 17:51
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Having successfully used the wand once,!he tries it again...

“What dark forces raised these dead?”


Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  Cure light wounds . 12:49, Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 15 using 1d20+3.  Attack roll .
Theo Metuckle
 player, 79 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Tue 8 Dec 2020
at 11:21
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   The undead weasel seems to be doing well, so Theo blasts it with a bolt of eldritch energy.

OOC: Eldritch blast on the weasel (or other target if it's down): EB hit AC 21 (ranged touch), 5 dam.
DM Neogi
 GM, 246 posts
 Evil space spider
Sun 27 Dec 2020
at 07:49
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen's axe and Theo's blast sever and vaporize the undead weasel!

Sir Jovius misses  Wellby with his rapier but Beagan's spell 'heals' their undead former companion and he falls down properly dead this time.

The three skeletons advance towards the strange man who steps back to the wall and begins to unfurl his once concealed wings.

Undead Tydor gets to his feet and advances on the party.

Undead Galeyn attacks Orlen with her staff and misses.
Sir Jovius
 player, 108 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/10
Sun 27 Dec 2020
at 12:52
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius lunged again, but his wounds seemed to be fouling him up
OOC: 06:51, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Rapier
Apparently the doce roller thinks I've been naughty this year

Clover
 player, 122 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Sun 27 Dec 2020
at 14:59
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Clover just tried to stay out of the way. He is not happy about being so depleted of his daily abilities.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 191 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sun 27 Dec 2020
at 16:06
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan shifts to the side perhaps the newly awakened creature should deal with the undead...

Beagan goes on full defense
Orlen
 player, 175 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 11/32 HP
Mon 28 Dec 2020
at 01:56
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen swung his ax at Galeyn. "Don't just stand there these animated dead aren't going to put themselves down!" he exclaimed.

20:53, Today: Orlen rolled 21,4 using d20+3,d4+3.  handaxe attack while prone on Galeyn.
Theo Metuckle
 player, 82 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Mon 28 Dec 2020
at 09:52
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  With magical energy continually bubbling away inside him, it cost Theo little to release some of it in another eldritch bolt aimed at a skeleton. It is a good hit that does some damage.

OOC: Eldritch blast on a skeleton: EB hit AC 23 (ranged touch), 4 dam.
DM Neogi
 GM, 248 posts
 Evil space spider
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 06:39
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen's axe falls on Galeyn and she drops dead.

Theo's blast injures a skeleton.

The winged man rises into the air and flies out of the room into the corridor.

"So long, friends. Good luck with these undead!" he says while winging away.

The three skeletons turn a begin to follow him out of the room.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 192 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 23:46
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“What an asshat!”
Theo Metuckle
 player, 83 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Thu 31 Dec 2020
at 10:00
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   "Well that resolves that issue for now," comments Theo as he zaps the skeleton again.

OOC: Eldritch blast on the same skeleton: EB hit AC 18 (ranged touch), 6 dam.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 193 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Thu 31 Dec 2020
at 13:49
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Beagan thinks the man said they used to call him
The devourer probably....will have to think about that later on
DM Neogi
 GM, 249 posts
 Evil space spider
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 05:05
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Theo's blast staggers the skeleton but it continues on following its fellows in the chase after the winged man.

The party is now alone in the room unless they'd like to join in the chase.

I'll update the map for you tomorrow.
Orlen
 player, 177 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 11/32 HP
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 05:21
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen stands up and dusts himself off and takes a few deep breaths, "Well that was ugly. We need to rest my friends I think before we do more. We should head to the surface, rest and return on a good nights sleep to further investigate, perhaps even gather additional supplies."

He then hung his head down, "And let the boys families know."
Sir Jovius
 player, 109 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/10
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 07:43
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The heavily wounded swashbuckler knelt to catch his breath
"As much as it pains me, figuratively as well as literally, to admit it, you're right.   I've never run from a challenge, but we're not good to anyone if we wear ourselves out"
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 194 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 13:07
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“True enough. Does anyone need healing before I put away my wand of curing?”
Sir Jovius
 player, 110 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/10
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 17:16
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
In reply to Beagan WobbleCog (msg # 453):

Sir Jovius raised a hand, wincing in pain
Theo Metuckle
 player, 84 posts
 Cleric/Warlock
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 17:33
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  "If we're heading out, I shouldn't need my spells for anything else, so I can cast a couple of cures to save using the wand," says Theo, "and I told those at the hole what we had found, so the families should know by now."

OOC: Two Cure Lights on offer: 3 & 8 hp.
Sir Jovius
 player, 111 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/21
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 17:35
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The swashbuckler nodded with a smile
"Much appreciated "