003 - The Rejoining.   Posted by DM Neogi.Group: 0
Theo Metuckle
 player, 44 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 08:11
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  Theo takes a couple of deep breaths, silently saying a short prayer to his goddess, Tymora, as he refocuses and sends another blast towards the skeletons. This time the shot is close, but still misses.

OOC: Ranged touch attack hit AC 10, which I don't think will hit.
Orlen
 player, 105 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 13/32 HP
Fri 15 May 2020
at 17:53
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen swings his hammer at the Skeleton near him moving if necessary a 5' step to do so.


13:51, Today: Orlen rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  attack with light hammer on Skeleton.
13:52, Today: Orlen rolled 4 using 1d3+3.  Damage (note if the skeletons also count as giants then they take 3 additional points).

Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 119 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Sat 16 May 2020
at 12:33
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“This might be a bigger job than we thought!

Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 3 using 1d4. 08:31, Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 19 using 1d20+3.  Attack hook/hammer.
DM Neogi
 GM, 161 posts
 Evil space spider
Sun 17 May 2020
at 07:23
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
[OOC: Let's wait and see if Nix can ger his post in tonight. I'll check when I get up in the morning.]
Nixif
 player, 69 posts
 Gnome
 Ranger extraordinaire
Sun 17 May 2020
at 23:39
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
preventing an ally from being butchered is higher priority then ending one of the enemies, killing without being killed. A basic principle in war and combat.

And so, Nixif, having the ability to more easily look across the fight from his aerial perspective, would direct his Dire bat to 'hang from it's hind legs and drop it's long tongue down to grab ahold of Galeyn and pull them up to the saddle.


If Galeyn allowed it, and this worked, the moment Galeyn was up with Nixif... The ranger would use his standard action to begin using healing hand on his injured ally.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:52, Sun 17 May 2020.

DM Neogi
 GM, 163 posts
 Evil space spider
Tue 19 May 2020
at 22:19
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
IN THE ROOM:

Sir Jovious strikes hard into a skeleton's bones yet the horrible monster still stands!
Orlen's hammer rattles the skeleton's old bones but it still stands!
Beagan strikes! But the skeleton continues to fight.
Clover continues to damage the statue.


IN THE HALLWAY:

Binx's magic missile strikes a skeleton shattering it into shards of bone!
Theo's magic bolt misses the skeleton.
Nixif" bat secures Gal and lifts her to safety, taking 1 point damage from a morningstar strike.
DM Neogi
 GM, 164 posts
 Evil space spider
Tue 19 May 2020
at 22:33
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
IN THE ROOM:

A skeleton swings at Orlen but misses!
A skeleton's axe strikes Jovious for 4 points damage.
A skeleton swings at Beagan but misses!
Two skeletons can't hit Clover!

IN THE HALLWAY:

Of the four PCs in the hallway three of them are now out of reach of the skeletons leaving poor Binx all alone against four of them! Fortunately for him, there is only room for three of the monsters to attack this round.

Chunk! Chunk! Chunk! All three skeletons strike poor, unarmoured Binx causing 2 + 1 + 2 points damage! 5 points total.
Sir Jovius
 player, 58 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Tue 19 May 2020
at 23:10
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius was feeling hard pressed, and badly hurt, but he knew he had to push on, to protect his group


OOC: 18:09, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 8 using 1d4+6.  Damage .
18:08, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Rapier

Orlen
 player, 106 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 13/32 HP
Tue 19 May 2020
at 23:24
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen moves if necessary to attack another skeleton, his swing catches air where a human's gut would be.

19:23, Today: Orlen rolled 11 using 1d20+7.  attack with light hammer on Skeleton.
Nixif
 player, 70 posts
 Gnome
 Ranger extraordinaire
Wed 20 May 2020
at 00:38
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"BINX! You good?"

It was certainly worrisome to have the clearly not a fighter all on his lonesome against a couple of rather large skeletons.
Binx Quillfeather
 player, 25 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Wed 20 May 2020
at 18:56
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx is hacked relentlessly by the skeletons, but manages to emerge despite his many cuts that ooze scarlet.

"Cover me while I get some distance from these fiends!"

He uncorks a small vial and downs the liquid before moving into the room.

OOC:
11:56, Today: Binx Quillfeather rolled 7 using 1d8+1.  Potion of Cure Light Wounds.

Theo Metuckle
 player, 45 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 19:42
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
   Theo tries to nail a skeleton with some eldritch energy once more: This time he hits, but does little damage. Then, seeing Binx in trouble, he heads back down the wall: He's not much of a fighter, but he can be a target and he trusts in his mistress and his armour.

OOC: Standard action: EB (ranged touch) hit AC 24, 2 damage. Then move action: Move back down wall, to be a target and take some heat off of Binx.
Clover
 player, 99 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:26
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Clover is aware of the two skeletons behind him. He was also aware that I he laws of probability meant the he was going to get hit at some point, but greatful that it has not been effective yet. He maintained his concentration dealing another 7 damage.
Clover rolled 7 using 2d6

He hears the sounds of effective combat behind and around him, and believing he has his portion of the fight "handled" he holds off calling for assistance just yet.
Beagan WobbleCog
 player, 122 posts
 Forest gnome
 Multitalented
Wed 20 May 2020
at 22:48
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
“We might want to regroup and join forces!”


Beagan hammers the skeleton again
Beagan WobbleCog rolled 3 using 1d4.  Damage . 18:46, Today: Beagan WobbleCog rolled 18 using 1d20+3.  Attack hook hammer
Nixif
 player, 73 posts
 Gnome
 Ranger extraordinaire
Thu 21 May 2020
at 18:47
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
"By Mystra! We are boxed in!" Nixif shouted back to the room, he felt an urge to say 'told you so' but felt just keeping them alive was best. He knew he couldnt finish the mission alone, if anything.

With a quick flurry of his free hand and a quick belch of sound, the hallway floor, from next to binx (but not at his square) on to 25 feet into the hallway becomes covered in a slick liquid. With his knees, he would direct the dire bat to move backtowards the room.

To Gaylen, "where are we dropping you?"
DM Neogi
 GM, 167 posts
 Evil space spider
Sat 23 May 2020
at 10:00
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
IN THE ROOM:

Sir Jovious strikes his foe and the skeleton fall to pieces!
Orlen misses in his attack.
Theo strikes his target!
Beagan strikes a skeleton but it still stands and fights!

Nixif's spell covers the ground and three of the skeletons in grease. Those monsters will be stuck slipped in the hallway for a while!

Galeyn says "Drop me beside Binx!" then casts barkskin on Binx. (a.c. +2)

Clover damages the statue further and a dark red ichor begins to flow from the wounds. The stone begins to split apart, the fingers embedded in the teenager's skull flex shearing off the top of the boy's head. His body and the ruin of the stone arm fall into the pool of green liquid where some sort of submerged creatures begin a ravenous feast on the kid's remains.
DM Neogi
 GM, 168 posts
 Evil space spider
Sat 23 May 2020
at 10:05
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
SKELETONS:

A skeleton swings at Orlen but misses!
The two skeleton's targeting CLover still can't connect with their morningstars!
A skeleton strikes Bagan for 5 points damage.
Even with the barkskin, a skeleton manages to strike Binx for 2 points damage.
Sir Jovius
 player, 59 posts
 Halfling Swashbuckler
 AC 20 HP 33/17
Sat 23 May 2020
at 10:55
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Sir Jovius smiled as his boney foe fell to his blade.  He leapt forward to slash at the next closest monster

OOC :05:53, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 7 using 1d4+6.  Damage .
05:52, Today: Sir Jovius rolled 16 using 1d20+7.  Rapier

Orlen
 player, 107 posts
 Rock Gnome Rogue-Ranger
 13/32 HP
Sat 23 May 2020
at 13:12
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Orlen continues to attack with his light hammer "Keep it up lads, we will beat them back to the grave yet!"



09:09, Today: Orlen rolled 22 using 1d20+7.  attack with light hammer on Skeleton.
09:10, Today: Orlen rolled 4 using 1d3+3.  Damage.

Binx Quillfeather
 player, 26 posts
 Forest Gnome
 Abjurer & Bookbinder
Sat 23 May 2020
at 16:20
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Binx nods, moving besides Galeyn. The spell begins to take hold, hardening his flesh. "Thank you friend!" Just then another chop from the skeleton cuts through even the spell's protective magics, though it is not so bad. "You fiend!" He answers back with another missile from his wand.

OOC:
09:20, Today: Binx Quillfeather rolled 2 using 1d4+1.  Magic Missile.

Theo Metuckle
 player, 47 posts
Sat 23 May 2020
at 17:01
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
  Theo stays on the wall as the slime seems to have taken care of the skeleton for a bit, and tries to hit one with an edritch blast, but again his shot goes wide.

OOC: Another 1 on the to hit roll!
Nixif
 player, 74 posts
 Gnome
 Ranger extraordinaire
Sun 24 May 2020
at 00:05
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
The situation was better, but whatever was happening at the statue still troubled the ranger and not having a clear exit strategy was a major problem to any tactician.

First, with a quick touch of the hand, a healing light flashes over Gaylen as Nixif casts cure light wounds. (youve been healed a total of 16 from the last healing and this healing).
With a move action, he directed his bat, with a finger and sticking out his tongue and making a 'blegh' sound, to near binx and so it would put Gaylen there.
Clover
 player, 100 posts
 15/15;20 t20 f16; 4/4/9
 TS+21 15+(2x CR) +10 +5
Tue 26 May 2020
at 22:54
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
Clover is beginning to feel the strain on his voice. Choosing to survey the damage to the statue.

16:50, Today: Clover rolled 23 using 1d20+4.  Heal check

Despite the lack of movement, Clover attempts to judge based on the "blood" flowing from the statue, if it is still alive, dead, or dieing.

He doesn't want to take his eyes off the statue till he is certain that it is dead.
DM Neogi
 GM, 169 posts
 Evil space spider
Wed 27 May 2020
at 09:00
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
IN THE ROOM:

Jovius strikes one of the skeletons that has been menacing Clover!
Orlen strikes his foe but the monster will not fall!
Binx's magic missile strikes true but the skeleton still fights on!
Galeyn steps to the ground and lashes out with her staff but misses the skeleton.
Clover senses that the statue is dead. The blood flow has stopped and it doesn't move.


IN THE HALLWAY:

The three skeletons make little headway in their march into the room.

Theo's eldrich blast misses.
DM Neogi
 GM, 170 posts
 Evil space spider
Wed 27 May 2020
at 09:06
Re: 003 - The Rejoining
THE SKELETONS IN THE ROOM:

One swings it's morningstar towards Sir Jovius but misses!
Another chops with an axe at Orlen but misses!
An axe-wielding skeleton strikes Clover for 3 points damage (absorbed by armour, yes?)
A skeleton with a morningstar strikes Beagan for 5 points damage.
Binx and Galeyn face off against one skeleton which strikes Gal for 3 points damage.