In the Study (LP2)   Posted by A.S.A.K..Group: 0
A.S.A.K.
 GM, 477 posts
 Bossman
 Likes Pepperoni
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 12:36
In the Study (LT2)


You enter into the study of Storan and are greeted with a most unusual sight. Brannagan Brody is lounging on the couch, one foot hanging over the side a mug of amber liquid on the table in front of him.

Storan and Cuba are speaking together, no sign of the Orb remains on his hand. On Storans desk sits a decorative hempen sack with a decidedly round shape to it.
Branagan Brody
 NPC, 13 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 12:40
In the Study (LT2)
Branagan sits up slightly, "So ya found the fookin 'ting," he pauses and looks over at Storan. "Pardon me father twas a wee slip o' the tongue. Habit ya see."

He looks over at the group. "I tolds ya not to touch it. Ya left me goods untouched so there's that at the least."

This message was last edited by the player at 12:41, Thu 04 June 2020.

Booth Braedon
 player, 300 posts
 Human Sailor
 AC16 [t]HP [0] 38/38 PP15
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 13:28
In the Study (LT2)
Booth laughed and gave the goblin a triumphant side glance.  "Haha!  Looking good Branagan."  He smiled to see the little guy free.

The sailor shrugged.  "Eh you know how it goes.  Heat of the battle and all.  At least we got it.  And I didn't see any attractive women with your goods worth the slip of the tongue."  He winked at Brody.  "Oh, pardon me father."
Cuba Thornwarden
 player, 280 posts
 Naturalist
 AC18 HP33/33 PP16
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 14:08
In the Study (LT2)
"Indeed you did," Cuba agreed simply, not belabouring the point, and greeting the party.  "The recovery certainly would have been less impactful had I remembered, though with the guardian attempting to crush us despite advising him that we were acting on your behalf, urgency was a priority, so no offence meant.

"It also provided an excellent opportunity to view the Feywild, which was a new experience for a scholarly interest of mine.  Despite the surely humourous interaction, the opportunity was quite pleasing to me, so my thanks for experience.

"The history of the item has been quite intriguing."

Elodie van Gryff
 player, 174 posts
 AC 11 | HP 22/22 | PP 13
 CHA 20 | PI 13
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 23:51
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Branagan Brody:
Branagan sits up slightly, "So ya found the fookin 'ting," he pauses and looks over at Storan. "Pardon me father twas a wee slip o' the tongue. Habit ya see."

He looks over at the group. "I tolds ya not to touch it. Ya left me goods untouched so there's that at the least."


"It would take a special kind of fool to touch a fae lord's goods. It would, however, be a good idea for you to give future errand-doers some way to talk your guard down. A galeb dhur is not exactly the sort who is easily reasoned with. You're lucky no one died."

Branagan Brody
 NPC, 14 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 01:39
Re: In the Study (LT2)
"First of all lass and laddie," he looks at Cuba and Elodie. "He weren't my Galeb Dur and he sure as shi... ah sure as .....  ah I kan't think of a non-profane way to say that expression. He wasn't werken for me lass! That pile a rubble werked fer the priest who put him there to guard that orb. I been wanting to get me hands on it fer a very long time. I could-a-not enter the room. Now that it's here I dares not touch the foo.... ahh...thing."
Storan Tiberoy
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 01:42
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Storan steps forward glancing in Elodie's direction and nodding only the very least in greeting.

He addresses the group. "As Elana has likely told you on the trip up here the Orb is toxic to Fey and demon alike. It's a bridge object with a powerful curse and enchantment to keep it securely under the control of a being from the material plane."
Zoccola
 player, 333 posts
 Goblin | HP 22/22
 AC 14 | PP 12 | PI 15
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 01:49
Re: In the Study (LT2)
While the others were quick to happily greet the sight of Brody awaiting them, Zoccola remained silent and instead cast a glance to her Hound.  The two shared a brief look as the dog sniffed about in the air and gave a soft rumble low in his throat - whatever that indicated seemed to satisfy the Goblin as she relaxed her pose.

"It is good to see you again in-and-with good spirits so soon.  After you dashed off from the temple before, I expected it to be longer." she finally offered a polite greeting of her own.

"It would take a special kind of fool to touch a fae lord's goods."

On that remark, Zoccola turned her gaze directly at Cuba for a long, quiet stare.  Wholly quiet, indeed - she held her tongue and didn't bother to throw any further barbs or criticism his way before her attention shifted back to Brody and Storan.  "Well, that certainly explains why Lerana was used as a proxy.  But now that the Orb is here, what do you intend to do with it to keep it away from Bonnalure?  I'd hate to see it destroyed outright." as she spoke the Goblin shifted to sit side-saddle on her Hound's back with one leg folded lady-like over the other, with her dog obediently playing the role of a sofa without need of vocal instruction.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:50, Fri 05 June 2020.

Elana
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 02:19
Re: In the Study (LT2)
"If Lord Brody permits I should like to bring clarity of the situation."

Elana bows slightly towards Brannagan Brody awaiting his response.
Branagan Brody
 NPC, 15 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 02:21
Re: In the Study (LT2)
"Ahhh whut the foo....ahhh... go ahead what do I care anyway. You mortals love details it's a wast a' time I say. Just react to things like I do. Much better but you go ahead and clear up the plot little missy."
Elana
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 02:36
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Looking at Storan for her cue to begin she sees it in a little nod that says 'go ahead.'

"The Orb is no longer directly needed by Bonnalure though the threat remains high. He was going to use it to travel between planes through the use of a mortal conduit. He has found some other entry way back to the Fey Wild. The Orb may now be our greatest opportunity to prevent disaster and as such it will be targeted. It must not be destroyed," she takes a deep breath.

"We must stop a wedding, Bonnalure's wedding for Fey and Demon are set to unite in marriage. A power hungry pairing of mid-level powers but together they can call on an alliance between the two realms with ours right between them."

"Bonnalure is to wed Aratha, a succubus from the depths of hell. They have both been hungering for power and a mate worthy of their schemes. They have found that in each other. If this union is not stopped even our most learned scholars on the matter cannot predict the precise outcome of such a pairing, but they all agree its dire."

"There is a wizard who's tower is east of Maltain's Tower. He is the only one we are aware of that may have the skills required to use the orb to send a force where it's needed to stop this dread union. His name is Galdefax."

This message was last edited by the player at 02:37, Fri 05 June 2020.

Zoccola
 player, 334 posts
 Goblin | HP 22/22
 AC 14 | PP 12 | PI 15
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 02:49
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Zoccola nodded quietly in light of the full explanation of events.  They'd already gotten a little bit of context from Brody earlier regarding a union between forces, but she hadn't realized it was meant so literally.  Her thoughts flickered back to the site of Aerynea's murder where sulfur had lingered in the air... had Bonnalure and Aratha been together there already?  Or had the Succubus done the deed herself in an altered form to infiltrate the Court to bypass the laws of the Fey that would've prevented Bonnalure from striking the blow himself?

"Y'know, I'm not sure if it's comforting or not that politics are the same no matter what Plane you're on." the Goblin sighed as she rubbed a fingertip up the bridge of her nose and against her brow in thought.  "In any case, we were already set to search for Galdefax in hopes of getting him to remove the Orb from Cuba, so our plans haven't changed much at all.  I know where his tower is, but we needed to confirm whether anyone knows for sure he's even there right now before we waste a bunch of time traveling all that way."
Elodie van Gryff
 player, 175 posts
 AC 11 | HP 22/22 | PP 13
 CHA 20 | PI 13
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 22:51
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Elodie pointedly ignored Storan, but listened intently to Elana.

"Who would even know? Is anyone in town a known correspondent of his?"
Storan Tiberoy
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 02:37
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Elodie van Gryff:
"Who would even know? Is anyone in town a known correspondent of his?"


"You are asking about Galdefax I presume child? The Bowerguards have vouched for him. All of this is coming to us very quickly. From what master Brody has graciously shared with since his arrival yesterday as well as form research in our library. We contacted the Bowerguard immediately on Master Bordys arrival and their scribes are in agreement to both the situation as we understand it and Galdefax's ability to aid in the matter."
Booth Braedon
 player, 301 posts
 Human Sailor
 AC16 [t]HP [0] 38/38 PP15
Sat 6 Jun 2020
at 16:01
Re: In the Study (LT2)
"Soooo, to save the world we need to crash a wedding..."  The bewildered look on his face mimicked his thoughts.

The sailor looked down at the pointy toothed goblin and jumped.  That mug alone should do it.
Then there were two half-orcs.  Not known to be the most romantic race ever.  Cuba and his personality could be downright mood killing.  Elodie and her demonic blood would get them through the door.  Booth had never been invited to a wedding, probably for good reason.  Yea, this might work.

"Well, if you need two love birds broken up, you've found the right crew.  Ok Green, how far to this tower?  You were going to get supplies.  We'll mentally prepare."

Booth pointed at the halfling, Krak, Cuba and Ormak in turn.  "Branagan pub crawl?  Pub crawl?  Pub crawl?  Ormak, pub crawl?  I bet I can drink more than you can."  A night of painting the town red with Branagan was just the thing to get ready for some world saving hero stuff.
Zoccola
 player, 335 posts
 Goblin | HP 22/22
 AC 14 | PP 12 | PI 15
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 01:17
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Zoccola loudly snapped her fingers a few times as she cast sharp looks not only to Booth, but over at Storan as well.  "Focus, people.  We know Galdefax is qualified--" she fixed a glare at Storan in Elodie's defense before another was given up to Booth "--and we know where his Tower is.  Those aren't the issues here.  We need to confirm where he is now--" the Goblin gestured to Elodie since she'd asked as well "--and who might know that information.  Storan, do you or the Bowerguard have anyone on staff who can Scry or send long-range messages?"

This message was last edited by the player at 01:17, Sun 07 June 2020.

Storan Tiberoy
 NPC, 5 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 03:46
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Storans gaze turn steely at the sight of Zoccola snapping her fingers in his direction.

"Circumstances behoove me to forgive that gesture but I warn you goblin, it shall be the only time. You are in my house."

He straightens up, "The Bowerguard are in contact with him but have not informed me of the specifics of this contact. Only that they will have the confirmation you seek by the morning."



so if no one has anything else to add or ask we can move on. Let me know in OCC what your plans are for the evening. Perhaps even a night drinking with Brody is possible if it's something you desire.

This message was last updated by the player at 03:46, Sun 07 June 2020.

Cuba Thornwarden
 player, 281 posts
 Naturalist
 AC18 HP33/33 PP16
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 04:13
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Cuba inclined his head nodding at the healer priest.

"Indeed so, and my thanks for your assistance, master Storr.  Although the experience was quite illuminating for the chance to explore other realms, my research here is quite far from complete, and while I was working on mastering the orb, it certainly was interfering with my studies, so thank you again for the divine separation of the orb.

"If the opportunity is available to study in your library, I would take advantage of it, but if that is too personal, such is quite understandable, and I will wish you well."


Turning to the rest of the party, he added, "In the latter case, I would finish my minor shopping check, then suggest a hearty meal whilst we wait for the Bowerguard rules.  I believe that it would be appropriate for me to cover the meals, as it was my lack of attention that caused greater difficulties in the maze."
Krak
 player, 253 posts
 Half-Orc
 AC: 14; HP: 42/50; PP: 14
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 15:37
Re: In the Study (LT2)
Krak stood over in a corner of the study, his arms crossed across his chest, as he silently took in all that was said.

"I'll pass on that drinkin' contest tonight, Booth," he replied to the mariner's invitation. "Sounds like we'll be seekin' out a high mage, an' I'll be wantin' a clear head for that . . . not that I intend to say nothin', if'n I can help it. I'm gonna plan on keepin' my mouth shut. But just in case, I don't wanna be feelin' bumfoozled."