In the Warehouse.   Posted by DM (Alex).Group: 0
Amira
 Sniper, 11 posts
 Mary Madeline
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 01:35
In the Warehouse
Let's try to drown it! Because I would like to know if the water zombies are a threat. Otherwise, it seems about as dumb and not fast as I was expecting. So I vote trial drowning. If the water zombies are neutralized, we have a higher likelihood of getting out and helping this Jane lady. Everyone?
Anthony
 Hacker, 7 posts
 NPC
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 14:22
In the Warehouse
It's tied up, so... Knock it over and attempt to drown it? There's gotta be a funnel around here or something we can use for that... So try to find something, use some of the water we haven't boiled yet and just try to dump water into its lungs?
DM (Alex)
 GM, 30 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 14:24
In the Warehouse
In reply to Anthony (msg # 61):

Funnel or something like it is easy enough to find, so not gonna bother rolling for this.

It takes a little while to get somewhere with what you'd call a "result", but as it turns out, even with its lungs full of water, the zombies fine and still trying to bite. Only real difference is the growling sounds more like gargling.
Pyrokine
 Magic, 15 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 18:25
In the Warehouse
"Ok, assistants," I say, donning an immaculate white lab coat and glistening science goggles out of nowhere, "first things first! Lets heat up some metal for hot poker poking, let's get a bucket of water as cold as it can be for cold tolerance, let's cut off a miscellaneous body part and see how long it takes to stop moving, let's get swabs from the nasal, rectal, and oral cavities, and swipe them on these here agar dishes, and let's see if this sucker can understand language."

(to the bound and gagged zombie, smiling an exaggerated smile like one would to a toddler whomst one has only just met) "HELLO ZOMBIE! Can you say hello back to me?"

I start writing notes on a clipboard, taking measurements of the cranium, I feel its forehead (with gloves on!) to take a rough temp, and take its pulse at the wrist and throat, I take notes on smells and the creature's appearance.

"ZOMBIE! WOULD YOU LIKE SOME BEANS?!" I pull a can of beans from the stores and start opening it right under the zombie's nose.

"Guys I am 100% down to try and drown this thing but only after we torture, I mean experiment a little more. Now who is going to volunteer to try to elicit a sexual response? That's good data! I want to see how much of the brain is preserved here, which parts have been erased by whatever pathogen is causing this. Nose goes!"

I swiftly touch my nose with the hand that has not touched the zombie.

"Also, are there any rats around here? Maybe we could infect some or try to make a vaccine. Tell Jane we are happy to meet up with her if she and her ilk will submit to a physical inspection so we can be sure they aren't disease vectors."
DM (Alex)
 GM, 31 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 18:32
In the Warehouse
(okay, this was hilarious)

The measurements of the cranium don't tell you much of anything, it has no pulse whatsoever, it's temperature is just above room temp. It smells terrible, like putrid meat.

During the bean test, it snaps it's teeth, but it's pretty definitely going after you and not the beans.
Anthony
 Hacker, 8 posts
 NPC
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 20:40
In the Warehouse
As soon as the word "goes" passes Pyrokine's lips, Anthony's fingers fly up, almost smacking himself in the face.
Amira
 Sniper, 12 posts
 Mary Madeline
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 01:19
In the Warehouse
FINGERS TO MY NOSE
Amira
 Sniper, 13 posts
 Mary Madeline
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 12:53
In the Warehouse
Actually, I think that kind of testing is uncalled for. While I'm always game to get new knowledge, illiciting a sexual response seems both ethically questionable and really not applicable to our end goal here. How about we see if we can drown it immediately, that way we can move on with our lives and hopefully leave? I'm gonna put some water in a bucket (I'm assuming there's a bucket and also water somewhere around here) and we'll see how it goes. If you want to do other experiments first, please do them quickly. I'm trying to get out of here ASAP.
Amira
 Sniper, 14 posts
 Mary Madeline
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 12:54
In the Warehouse
In reply to Amira (msg # 67):

eliciting***
Anthony
 Hacker, 9 posts
 NPC
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 14:44
In the Warehouse
In reply to Amira (msg # 67):

Bucket full of water has already been down, all it did was turn growling into gargling.
Pyrokine
 Magic, 16 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 18:41
In the Warehouse
"We are dealing with something supernatural here y'all. My eighth sense is tingling. And my eighths sense is tingling, too."

*pulls out a little eighth jar of chronic and starts rolling a joint*

"Somebody rip its arm off. I can do it after I smoke this if you're all too chicken. Doesn't seem like this thing is alive in the traditional sense, I didn't feel a pulse. It smells like dead  meat. It's decaying already, the body is broken and dead. But what is animating it? What makes it tick? And why? And how? And where? Without a circulatory system this thing is basically a bryophyte but why would a moss be so violent? Can it even digest the flesh it's gnawing?"

*lights up and offers the joint around*

"Do they poop? Do any of the organs work? I was never one to believe that the our life force is separate from our mortal coils but perhaps Descartes was right in his theory of duality. Clearly from the apparent rot, they are not immune to being digested by bacteria. I hypothesize that the insides are nasty as fuck, septic in the medical and the plumbing sense of the word."
Anthony
 Hacker, 10 posts
 NPC
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:42
In the Warehouse
In reply to Pyrokine (msg # 70):

Anthony shrugs, plants a foot on its chest, and grabs it's hand before wrenching back in an attempt to tear the arm off, managing to rip it at the elbow, holding the hand up.

"Now what?"
DM (Alex)
 GM, 32 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 19:45
In the Warehouse
youtu.be/yywGI1H_oyM

The zombie doesn't react noticeably to it's arm being torn off. The detached part flops around for a minute before falling limp. No blood other than a thick, black, foul smelling ooze emerges, dripping thickly onto the concrete.
pikmin wombat 1
 General, 9 posts
 Matt
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 01:36
In the Warehouse
In reply to Pyrokine (msg # 70):

Did we get the zombie high yet?
"WHAT'D I MISS?"

"WHY AM I SHOUTING??"

roll dice to get zombie high plz
DM (Alex)
 GM, 33 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 02:13
In the Warehouse
In reply to pikmin wombat 1 (msg # 73):

Rolling to get the zombie high, you get a 7. You succeed in hotboxing the zombie, probably. No noticeable effect, though.
Pyrokine
 Magic, 17 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 19:31
In the Warehouse
    "Well this is all very interesting. My questions only lead to more questions and nary an answer. It stinks in here y'all. I think if we want to kill as many zombies as we can, we need to find a wood chipper and cordon it so there's a queue to get in. They'll be drawn to the noise and they're fucking dumb so they won't even notice when they step in and start getting mulched.

     "Oh! If we want to leave the building without being followed, we should set something up that makes more noise than the van so they cluster around that instead of us!

     "I am not hopeful that we can cure this. The necrosis is too damn high. As am I currently."

*offers the j around again*

     "So what do you say, gang, create a noise machine and get out of here? Find this lady and gather together some information from the outside world? I for one would love to know the epidemiology of this here epidemic."
Amira
 Sniper, 15 posts
 Mary Madeline
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 23:13
In the Warehouse
I'm down to create a noise machine and bail. Maybe set a trap at said noise machine so they can't just turn around and chase us if they get bored?
DM (Alex)
 GM, 34 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 15:54
In the Warehouse
everyone roll here, first person to roll over a six passes an intelligence check to remember something important.
Amira
 Sniper, 16 posts
 Mary Madeline
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 02:51
In the Warehouse
I think I accidentally clicked twice but neither were good.
DM (Alex)
 GM, 35 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Sun 29 Mar 2020
at 03:11
In the Warehouse
In reply to Amira (msg # 78):

Neither were good, but it was a low bar to clear, and your intelligence is 4, so added on... You succeeded!

Amira recalls something important: there are barricades almost everywhere, and highway overpasses were blown up to prevent infected people from escaping. The truck won't be able to get you all the way out of the city, at least not as is.
Amira
 Sniper, 17 posts
 Mary Madeline
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 01:15
In the Warehouse
WELL FUCKKK
So boat seems to be the only option??
Anthony
 Hacker, 11 posts
 NPC
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 01:18
In the Warehouse
In reply to Amira (msg # 80):

"Err... The zombies don't drown, though? I mean, the truck could probably plow through the barricades, but then break down. We could maybe tear them down, or make the truck tougher?"
Pyrokine
 Magic, 18 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 02:31
In the Warehouse
In reply to Anthony (msg # 81):

There has to be a way, they can't have built a whole dome around the city can they have? We've got tools and our brains, there must be a way we can get through some shoddy-ass police barrier.

Does that mean the zombies are only in our city?
pikmin wombat 1
 General, 10 posts
 Matt
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 02:11
In the Warehouse
In reply to Pyrokine (msg # 82):

Wait, if we escape, does that unleash the zombies on the rest of the world?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DM (Alex)
 GM, 36 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 15:36
In the Warehouse
No, it was worldwide by the end of it. It started here, though, or at least was one of the earliest places to be infect.