In the Warehouse.   Posted by DM (Alex).Group: 0
DM (Alex)
 GM, 7 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 13:39
In the Warehouse
Recommended Music: youtu.be/e6MCkspqtxo

The hammering sound on the walls has been a constant fixture in everyone's ears for almost a week now. You've all gotten used to it, to your regret. The doors and windows are boarded up, and there are crude barricades as a fall back if those should fail. Light streams through dusty air from higher windows near the ceiling.

The building is large enough to hold about ten of semi trucks, but there's only two in it now, only one with a trailer, and those are both parked on the East side of the building. There's a few offices, one of which has been converted into a sort of dormitory, and across from that is bathrooms and a hose someone rigged up to use as a shower.

The roof is about 50 feet from the ground, with stairs going to catwalks about every 20 feet up, the highest leading to a door, leading to another catwalk on the outside, which leads to the roof, as well as access to the windows.

With five people the food you have will probably last the week. Water is still running, but needs to be boiled just in case, and safe flammables are running low.

It's about 8 AM right now, and everyone is awake, either from their turn watching the doors or just waking up.

How do you all wish to start your day?
Catherine
 Brawler, 3 posts
 Courtney
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 17:58
In the Warehouse
In reply to DM (Alex) (msg # 1):

I've been up for an hour, awake much longer, waiting for the others. I slept like shit last night, wish I had been on watch. I'm ready to go check the perimeter. I'm getting a little antsy.

I want to climb up to the inside catwalks and get as good a look at the outside situation as I can. Assess the situation. But I had to wait for the sun and I didn't want to go without telling someone first.

I'm staying as far away from the windows/walls/edges as I can while maintaining a good line of sight. Not sure how well these zombie fuckers can climb.

If roof access is safe, I'll wanna get on the roof to have a look too.

I already have my loaded .45 and axe hanging on my belt and holstered, safety on. If its feasible with the small space, might also grab the loaded shotgun in my improvised shoulder-sling.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna head up for a look around. Anyone want to come with?"

_____________________________________________________________
*Qs*
What, if anything, is inside the semi trailer?
Do the trucks' engines work?
Do we have radios/walkie-talkies, or is communication across the large space just yelling towards each other?
DM (Alex)
 GM, 10 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 18:56
In the Warehouse
In reply to Catherine (msg # 2):

The trailer is empty. One of the handguns you have collectively was in the truck cab. The CB radios in both trucks work, and one had a police scanner. Both trucks are functional.
Pyrokine
 Magic, 2 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:46
In the Warehouse
In reply to DM (Alex) (msg # 3):

I want to go on the roof too! It smells like farts in here. I would like to run some experiments on these fuck-o's but want to make sure that everyone is okay with a zombie or two in a cage here. What can I build a cage out of? I have a few drugs for example ten sedative tablets, two months of my Adderal scrip, an Epi-pen, Cortizone, antifungal cream, an albuteral inhaler, Narcan and basic painkillers. I also have needles and syringes, a mortar and pestle, cheesecloth, iodine tablets, a camping stove/mess kit, and 50 yards of paracord. I did just complete my mandatory CPR/AED/First Aid training at the university because I run the student backpacking association and lead trips sometimes. I grabbed my emergencies backpack as well as my backpacking backpack box when I fled my house, and my fiddle.

Oh would you look at that! I'm just going through my backpacking backpack box and found a few hits of LSD! Could come in handy. You know, the government tried to use LSD as a truth serum once upon a time.

Anyways I propose that we try to capture a zombie and find out more through using the scientific method and interpretative dance. I mean, we don't even know if they can speak or be reasoned with at this point. How are we supposed to get anywhere with no knowledge base? And maybe all they need is narcan!

This message was last edited by the player at 19:58, Mon 16 Mar 2020.

Pyrokine
 Magic, 3 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Mon 16 Mar 2020
at 19:47
In the Warehouse
In reply to Catherine (msg # 2):

You're a sniper right? Maybe we should set up a sniping area on the roof today.
Catherine
 Brawler, 4 posts
 Courtney
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 00:58
In the Warehouse
In reply to Pyrokine (msg # 5):

I'm better at up close fighting, not sniping as much. I'm a decent shot but its not me best.

Let's go check out the situation, make sure the surrounding are is relatively clear. Then we can bring that info back to the others and figure if we want to capture a zombastard or two to see what's up with them fuckers.
DM (Alex)
 GM, 11 posts
 Running the Game
 Killing all Ya'll
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 01:12
In the Warehouse
So, Catherine and Pyrokine are making their way up to the roof while everyone else is waking up and sorting themselves out. youtu.be/xZv2OCbQOmI


Catherine roll here
Pyrokine roll here

(made a bit of a whoops here, won't do it again)

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:35, Tue 17 Mar 2020.

Pyrokine
 Magic, 4 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 01:33
In the Warehouse
In reply to DM (Alex) (msg # 7):

I rolled a 3 and a 4 on the D10s. I try to observe the zombies with a little more intent, attempting to suss out any areas they seem especially drawn to or repulsed by. Sun vs shade, anything like that.


To Catherine, "We need to wake those lazy fuckers up."
Pyrokine
 Magic, 5 posts
 Helena
 Ethnomusicologist
Tue 17 Mar 2020
at 01:34
In the Warehouse
In reply to Pyrokine (msg # 8):

How hard are they trying to get in? Do they seem strong or weak? Are they making progress?