Downtown.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
MacReady
 player, 21 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 05:39
Downtown
MacReady quirks his mouth to the side, looks around his level of the catacombs. The smart play would be to get something to to lift them out, start from the top and work their way down if need be. But when he saw the caved in parts of the catacombs when he was down here with Malcolm and Meatbag he kind of wanted to go exploring, at least come back and go exploring, or talk to the Nosferatu folks about it. Who knew LA, goddamned LA, had catacombs?
“Hold on.” He raised his left index finger, and swung himself carefully over the edge to hang a moment and drop down carefully, “Fuck it, let’s explore.”
Vinny
 NPC, 13 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 20:02
Downtown
Still kneeling beside Rats as MacReady dropped down, Vinny lowered his voice and spoke only to Rats, though MacReady could make it out easily enough.  "Eh, don't worry about the cave in.  I would've done the same thing."

He scanned the area, his eyes wolfen and dimly shining with an eerie yellow glow.  He remembers the newer members, and the first few times they had to heal themselves.  He couldn't remember his first time though.

As MacReady elegantly dropped down to whatever sub-level they had fallen to, Vinny slowly stood up and spoke in a firm but quiet voice to MacReady, staring behind him with a somber expression.  "Dude, get the fuck over here, like, on the double."
Storyteller
 GM, 22 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 20:12
Downtown
Rats could not see in the dark, and apart from a few beams of moonlight coming through the cracks and holes above, she saw as well as any human could in the dark.  MacReady wouldn't be able to detect it with his eyes unless the crimson mass was pointed out to him.  Slight shimmering in what little light that reached down here.  But he could strongly smell it as it approached; it smelled delicious.

Vinny's eyes, however, captured the scene perfectly.

Effortlessly passing through the pit of bones, without disturbing them or rustling them at all, a silent pool of crimson came from the depths, approaching MacReady from his rear as Vinny spoke.  It smelled and looked like blood, but left no stains and took on no dust or detritus as it passed over the ancient forgotten bones, moving through the dusty remains like mercury with a mind of its own.
MacReady
 player, 22 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 21:07
Downtown
MacReady steps quickly over to Vinny with a shrug, “What?”
Vinny
 NPC, 14 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 00:57
Downtown
Vinny pushes his hair from his face, and points at the moving pool of blood.  "Am I seeing things?"

Shortly after MacReady makes out the crimson blob, a small trickle reaches outwards, towards a rat, as if extending an arm to snatch it.

The rat screeches as the tendril quickly envelopes the small creature.  The sound abruptly comes to a halt as the rodent disappears into the red mass.
MacReady
 player, 23 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 07:23
Downtown
MacReady remains visibly unflappable, but this is nothing he expected to see. His mind reaches back to drive-in days and he starts to sing/mutter the lyrics to The Blob,

“Beware of The Blob, it creeps
And leaps and glides and slides
Across the floor
Right through the door
And all around the wall
A splotch, a blotch
Be careful of The Blob”


MacReady looks at with interest and caution, curious what it is.

This message was last edited by the player at 10:57, Tue 23 June 2020.

Rats
 Nosferatu, 13 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 03:44
Downtown
The hair on Rat's arms and back of her neck rose when the rat the blob consumed stopped making noise. "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE DO NOT LIKE! I CAN'T SEE IT BUT RATS DO NOT LIKE!" She stood up instantly, ignoring any lingering pain in her leg from it healing and limped over to Vinny. "WE GO!?"
Vinny
 NPC, 15 posts
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 08:33
Downtown
Vinny grimaced as the red liquid consumed the rat unlucky enough to have been caught.  He took a step forward, standing in between Rats and the animated blood, and reached into his jacket.  He pulled out a flare, and hesitated for a moment.  His glowing eyes scanned the area; maybe it would be best not to show the others what was down here?

He struck the flare, and it hissed to life, illuminating the underground ruins with a bright red light.  Bones, most definitely human, were scattered everywhere.  The odd rat here or there explored the piles of human remains that obscured the floor.  It was impossible to move without crunching the ancient, dusty remains.

When the room lit up, Vinny took a step towards the pool of blood, breaking bones beneath his boot.  The crimson liquid immediately retreated across the room and under what remained of a broken door, moving much faster than before, scattering bones in its wake.

Vinny turned and looked at the other two.  "Uh."
MacReady
 player, 25 posts
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 10:15
Downtown
MacReady looks on, his facial expression flat, “That’s fucked up. But it’s afraid of the flare, it seems. Did the Camarilla use this place or were they unaware of it?”
Rats
 Nosferatu, 14 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 22:10
Downtown
"You'd have to be a complete doodoo head not to be aware of this place." Rats took the chance to look around while the flare gave her some light to finally see by. "Could be a body dump room. Or something..."
Vinny
 NPC, 16 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 23:10
Downtown
Vinny passed the flare over to MacReady.  He didn't need it.  "I got a feeling that thing can't see in the dark." He said, taking a few crunching steps towards the old door, pulling it out of the doorway like a flimsy piece of paper.

"I got a feel those guys weren't as close knit as they pretended to be.  They didn't seem to really care for Rats or Drevos.  Maybe the dead prince knew what the fuck was down here, but who knows."

Vinny looked through the doorway into the next room.  There was a long hallway with cobwebs and a few pieces of stone and debris littering the floors.  "Feel like exploring?"
MacReady
 player, 26 posts
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 11:58
Downtown
MacReady walk toward Vinnie with a nod, “Yeah, I had planned to come back here anyway.”
Rats
 Nosferatu, 15 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 07:18
Downtown
"We're exploring a place a rat eating slime lives... Peachy..." Rats knelt down to rub her shin, checking on the rushed healing she did. Figuring it's back to its usual and that walking shouldn't be an issue she looked to the two. "Lead the way mr can see in the dark."
Vinny
 NPC, 17 posts
Sat 4 Jul 2020
at 22:40
Downtown
Vinny headed first down the hall, walking through the ancient cobwebs and stepping over the odd pieces of stone or wooden debris.  At least there weren't as many skeletons in here.

He kept half a dozen strides in front of the others, so he was barely visible to the others, but also less likely to be seen by anything waiting in the shadows.  His hearing was shit, though, and he wasn't the quietest either.

He stopped, crouched, and lifted up up his right fist to signify the others behind him to stop.  He whispered something, knowing MacReady had keen enough ears to hear him.

"Hold up.  There's two ways.   Should we follow the blood or explore past it?"
MacReady
 player, 27 posts
Sun 5 Jul 2020
at 06:59
Downtown
MacReady, who had been keeping his senses primed and ready, hears Vinnie and mulls it over quickly, "I'm kind of curious about the blob. It hits me that a blob of living blood might just be something a vampire ought know about. But I am more curious about what is down here, and maybe we can find Drevos. If we need it I could go flame on, or save it as a surprise for anything nasty. Rats, how about you?"
Rats
 Nosferatu, 16 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 07:33
Downtown
"I can't see well so I'll follow wherever you go..." She strained her ears trying to hear anything creeping around.
Vinny
 NPC, 18 posts
Sun 12 Jul 2020
at 00:20
Downtown
Vinny disappears into the room.  When MacReady and Rats follow, he can't initially be seen.  He's not exactly quiet though, and the red light from the flare MacReady has eventually illuminates his form.  He is crouched, staring into the corner.  Old bookshelves line the room, some collapsed, some upright.  Most of the books seem to have been destroyed by time, moisture, and pests.

What Vinny's watching is an odd sight.  The puddle of blood seems to be attempting to climb one of the bookshelves, pulling old books out here or there.  Unless it was just looking for something to read, it seemed like it was feebly trying to escape after being cornered.
MacReady
 player, 28 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 02:06
Downtown
“Anything like a jar lying around?”
Storyteller
 GM, 24 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 01:09
Downtown
When MacReady's voice breaks the silence in the room, the pool of blood breaks its attention from the bookcase, and goes still for a moment.  Then, without warning, it quickly zooms across the room, past Vinny, towards the only exit; and towards MacReady and Rats.
MacReady
 player, 29 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 06:38
Downtown
It hits MacReady immediately the blob must be sentient, he rushes to the door to block the way, leaping down to the exit to block it with his body, “Wait! If you can understand me, can you communicate?”

This message was last edited by the player at 12:21, Thu 16 July 2020.

Rats
 Nosferatu, 17 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2020
at 07:59
Downtown
Rats jumped out of the way with a high pitched scream. She wanted no where near the thing. "You are on your own talking to that thing MacReady!"
Storyteller
 GM, 25 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2020
at 19:54
Downtown
The pool of blood hesitated, as if weighing its options.  It seemed it could almost make out MacReady in the red light of the flare.  It momentarily rushed the exit, and retreated as MacReady brandished the flare.  It began to retreat into the room once more, but was stopped by the glowing wolfen eyes of Vinny emerging from the shadows.

As MacReady and Rats spoke, it seemed to calm down.  Perhaps knowing it was defeated.  Then something strange started happening.  It began to bubble, as if boiling, and it started growing, solidifying into something larger.

Before anyone looking could really react or retreat, it eventually took on a wax like shape of a person.  Then a voice spoke "Ah, yes, Wildfire, if I recall."  The red colour began to fade and the form of an odd looking old man emerged.

He wore dated clothes from maybe the late 19th century.  Suspenders held up brown slacks, and he wore a vest and dress shirt.  His hair was ragged and his eyes sunken.  His skull was an elongated oblong shape, and odd gills lined his neck.  It was The Historian.

He turned his head and coughed, bits of fur and small bones ejected from his mouth.  "I didn't realize who it was.  Forgive my weariness."
MacReady
 player, 30 posts
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 21:48
Downtown
“Neat trick. You must be able change quickly if you survived that explosion and fire.”
Storyteller
 GM, 26 posts
Mon 10 Aug 2020
at 04:13
Downtown
The Historian regarded MacReady with unfeeling eyes, lingering a little too long but not conveying any meaningful intent.  "I was not suited to survive anymore so than your own kin who got caught in the inferno.  However, I was tipped off by some friends mere moments before everything was engulfed in flames."

He shuffled past Vinny, who's fiery, glowing eyes followed him as he walked through the room.  He stopped at an old bookshelf.  "Curious place, these ruins."
MacReady
 player, 31 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 07:37
Downtown
MacReady watches the Historian, noting how he moves and presents himself. He looks to Vinnie and that to Rats before keeping his eyes on the Historian. “Yeah, I came down here that night. I had a feeling something was going on, ‘Prince’ Maggie tried to have me killed down here. But it is interesting. Any idea who built it, who used it — who uses it?”
When MacReady says the word “Prince” he says it with a certain amount of heartfelt distaste and distain.