Downtown.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 18 posts
Sat 16 May 2020
at 00:24
Downtown
Downtown LA.  Stars and criminals are born here every day and night.  Or at least that's what the locals say.  If there's something you're looking for, there's no easier place to find it than core LA.


Vinny
 NPC, 9 posts
Sat 16 May 2020
at 00:28
Downtown
[ FROM THE WAREHOUSE ]

Vinny drove with two others in his jeep as they hit downtown traffic.  As they manoeuvred their way through central LA, Vinny dropped the glowing wolf eyes.  Plenty of street lights.  Didn't wanna scare people en masse.  "Holy fuck there's lots of people downtown.  Has this city always been packed so tight?" He sneered, and it was obvious why.  He was vocal about hating crowded cities since Wildfire arrived in LA.
MacReady
 player, 13 posts
Sat 16 May 2020
at 02:20
Downtown
[ From The Warehouse ]

MacCready looks around at the crowds, not really bothered by them but wishing he could still enjoy the taste of a churro or a taco.
"The New Spartans never came down to LA in full colors or anything, but I did come down here with Pritchard and few others when they were working out a few deals. I liked it, liked the people. I also came down here with my old lady for a holiday, she wanted to see Hollywood, Long Beach, Disneyland. But the gang culture sure has changed here since the last time I was here." MacReady turns around to the back seat, "So Rats, who think it might be wise to stick around here? If the area is being marked?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:48, Sat 16 May 2020.

Rats
 Nosferatu, 8 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 02:11
Downtown
Rats looked up and cocked her head to the side as she thought. "I am honestly not sure.. A lot of this is still new to me. I do remember downtown has been getting worse over the years. The night life had really started to pick up. Hence why there are a few new night clubs and stuff.. Can't remember how I know... I like the warehouse, it's quite around there." She started to go off on a mumbled tangent before catching herself and biting her tongue to stop her ramblings.
MacReady
 player, 15 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 10:51
Downtown
MacReady looks around the area some more, reflexively blows air out thoughtfully, squeezes one fist, then the other, and turns to Vinny, "We can figure this out later, I think. You want to hit feeding spots, see what we can find."

Vinny
 NPC, 10 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 20:41
Downtown
Vinny didn't take his eyes off the crowded streets.  "I wasn't tryin' to be trivial or anything.  Just not used to how packed big cities are.  I prefer the open road."  Vinny drove past some dude in a Porsche and casually flipped him off.  He didn't have time for divorced dudes slowly driving around hoping to catch young girls glancing at his shiny mid life crisis debt-mobile.

"If you two are hungry, hold off.  We're close to that church a certain someone blew up."  A side street here, a dead end there, Vinny knew exactly where they were going, he was just good at making it seem like he was lost sometimes.  "Ah, here we go."

Pulling up to the burnt up cathedral, there was barely anyone around.  Couple of street people, as per usual.  Someone smoking in an alleyway fifty feet or so away.  Not many street lights.  Good.

Vinny parked and got out of the jeep.  He had no idea where to start, so he decided to scope out whatever was left on the "inside" of the charred building.
MacReady
 player, 16 posts
Sun 24 May 2020
at 23:11
Downtown
MacReady stepped out of the jeep, walked forward a few steps, and looked around to see what he could see, or hear, or even smell. Looking at the wreck of the cathedral, he recites some old song lyrics under his breath, "Fire - To destroy all you've done. Fire - To end all you've become."
Rats
 Nosferatu, 9 posts
Wed 27 May 2020
at 01:47
Downtown
Rats almost bolted out of the jeep but settled to just jumping out and stretching as soon as she was able to. "Surprised the city hasn't cleaned up the rubble or fenced off the area yet.. I mean. Good for us. Bad for others." She followed behind the two, making sure to stay close but just out of their space.
Vinny
 NPC, 11 posts
Sun 31 May 2020
at 03:52
Downtown
Vinny lowered his head as he crawled inside what was once a really cool looking old cathedral.  It was all black now.  He couldn't see anything except burnt wood.  "Huh, weird."  He kicked some blackened boards around.  It looked like the place hadn't even been stepped foot in since the fire.  "Guess they already moved the bodies out?"
MacReady
 player, 17 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 04:43
Downtown
MacReady sniffs the air and moves to investigate the building. He lifts his sunglasses for a moment and sets them back in place, then turns to Vinny and Rats, “I smell blood. More than a little bit of it. I think it’s underground.”
Rats
 Nosferatu, 10 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 06:21
Downtown
Rat's ears twitch as she closes her eyes and listens. Slowly she moves into the ruined church, moving aside some rubble to press her ear to the ground. "I can hear my rat friends. Rats thinks there are tunnels underground." Sitting up, she throws her arm back and putting as much controlled strength as she can into the swing, she connects her fist to the ground aiming to punch a hole through the floor.
MacReady
 player, 18 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 09:46
Downtown
MacReady holds up his hand, “Hold on, Rats. There are tunnels underneath here, I kno-”

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:23, Sun 07 June 2020.

Storyteller
 GM, 20 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 12:10
Downtown
As Rats winds up, and MacReady begins his attempts to dissuade her, her fist strikes the old cobblestone foundation, and a loud crack echoes through the night.

At first nothing happens.  The noise doesn't even seem to draw much attention.  Sirens in the distance, barely audible revving car engines, maybe the occasional gunshot.  What would a loud bang in an old church yard attract?

Before any of the three could look around to see if anyone had noticed, the floor split briefly before suddenly collapsing.  Vinny attempted to grab ahold of a beam as the floor gave way, but the beam collapsed as well, pulling what was left of the second floor of the cathedral down atop the group, bringing debris down with them as they plummeted into the depths.

Rats falls and hits a bottom layer of stone in the dark.  Something in her leg gives way and snaps, as stone and ash and wood pile on her. Before she can begin to free herself, the second level she had entered, maybe a basement, had given way again.  She fell farther this time, and landed in something crunchy and wet and dusty.  Her leg is broken,and she can't see much.

MacReady and Vinny did not collapse through the basement like rats, but a huge concrete slab does land on MacReady's head.  Had he been alive, and not particularly hardy, this would have been the end for him.  But the concrete slab just splits when it hits his head, and other than the jarring effect of several hundred pounds of rock collapsing on him, he's fine.  Once everything settled, he's strong enough to move the debris pinning him down.

Vinny lands not too far away from MacReady, almost falling into the deeper level alongside rats.  His attempt to grab on to something proved to be his undoing.  The wood snaps, and he pirouettes before letting out a sickening gasp.  Rats can't make it out easily from where she is, but MacReady can, very clearly.

Vinny's unmoving body lies faceup a couple yards from MacReady.  He is as still as a statue, arms slumped and dangling, with his body impaled.  A bloody, glistening, jagged piece of wood holds Vinny's upper body suspended, his legs limp and barely touching the floor.  No screaming, or twitching, or moving.  As everything settles, there is only silence as the moon shines across Vinny's face; mouth agape, eyes wide open, expressionless.
MacReady
 player, 19 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 00:07
Downtown
MacReady goes over to Vinny and glances at him for a couple of seconds then says, “And you all laughed at me about stakng.” before taking Vnny off his accidental stake and setting him down gently on the floor. MacReady then walks over to edge to see Rats, and scans for something he can use to to pull her up with.
“Rats! How bad are you hurt? What do ou see down there?”

Rats
 Nosferatu, 11 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 04:36
Downtown
"Rats did a dumb! Rats didn't mean to collapse the entire floor." Rats coughs the dust out of her lungs as she shrugs the rubble off that fell with her. She looks around, trying to adjust to the darkness with little luck. "Rats can't see much.. Its very dark and wet down here." She shouts up to MacReady. She moves to stand up but yelps as pain shoots up from her broken leg. "Leg's broken... Rats is grounded... This is very inconvenient. How are you two up there? What's left of the floor might be very unstable. Careful that you don't fall!"
Vinny
 NPC, 12 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 08:37
Downtown
Vinny snaps awake when MacReady lifts him from his hellish impalement.  His eyes immediately go wide and he yells as he pats himself down, examining his damage.  "AAAAH!  FUCK!!" he yells, pushing some fingers through the hole in his chest.  "Dude, that is not fucking fun!  I was awake the whole time, but I couldn't fucking move!"

He starts to heal his wounds as he calms down.  "Awe man...  There's a huge hole through my favourite jacket." An ongoing joke in Wildfire, since almost all of their clothes have at least some bullet holes.  This time Vinny sounded like he was serious.  "Well, I usually cover the back with a patch, anyways..." he mumbled to himself.

Vinny looked down below at where Rats was, his eyes glowing red.  "Hey, you're uh...  You're in a bone pit.  Like...  An actual pit full of bones."  He looked at MacReady with some confusion, before jumping down into said pit.

He landed with a bunch of crunches as he gained his footing.  He was more agile when he could see where he was going.  No impalement here.  "Oh gross..."  he said, making his way over to Rats, crunching along the way.

He waved away all the dust in the air.  By now he was used to the whole not inhaling thing, except the air needed to speak.  But the last thing he expected to be doing in his unlife was getting bone dust in his eyes and lungs.

Vinny knelt down beside Rats.  "Hey, can you heal yourself?  That leg looks nasty; you might half to push your bone back in." He said with a sharky grin.
MacReady
 player, 20 posts
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 14:23
Downtown
(*You’re welcome.* MacReady thinks to himself) MacReady looks around and listens for a bit after Vinny jumps down. He kneels at the edge, “Vin, you want me to find a way to get Rats up, or should I come down?”
Rats
 Nosferatu, 12 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 03:20
Downtown
"Oh ha-ha..." Rats rolls her eyes as she looks down at her leg. Right. Heal herself. She was sure she was taught how. Without thinking about it, she applies pressure and resets the bone back in place and holds it there, a little afraid to move. "It'll take a minute... But please feel free to make more bad bone jokes while we wait for MacReady to either jump down or get us out."