Current Mission: Maximum Carnage.   Posted by The Watcher.Group: 0
The Watcher
 GM, 5 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 03:55
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
*The game has started. Please check the status tracker for info on the current turn order, scene distinctions, doom pool size, etc.

Maximum Carnage

Cletus Kasady is at large! Following his escape from Ravencroft Asylum, the symbiote-bonded serial killer is on a rampage! Joined by his twisted "family" of Shriek, Doppelganger, Demogoblin and Carrion, Carnage is determined to paint NYC red with blood! Can the Secret Avengers rally to stop him in time? And what lengths will they go to in order to bring Kasady down?

Available Player Characters:
Short List
Black Cat
Captain America (Bucky or Sam)
Cloak
Dagger
Daredevil Taken
Deathlok
Domino Taken
Firestar
Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Moon Knight Taken
Morbius
Nightwatch
Spider-Man Taken
Spider-Woman Taken
Tigra Taken
Venom Taken

... Or any appropriate street-level character not found on this list:
https://docs.google.com/docume...JenM73kYG-yS6qk/edit

Event Milestones:
HERO OR VIGILANTE?
1 XP when you call out an ally, either for crossing the line or for not having the stomach to do what must be done.

3 XP when you let a member of Carnage’s Family go so that you can help an ally, or abandon an ally to pursue a member of Carnage’s Family.

10 XP when you refuse to kill a member of Carnage's Family (or prevent an ally from doing it), or kill them (or convince an ally to do it).

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:09, Fri 23 Oct 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 6 posts
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 06:04
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 1):

Midnight in NYC...

Panic grips the city. Police sirens pierce the air for miles around as mobs of rioters loot and pillage their way across town. Makeshift barriers of wooden planks fall easily to the clawing hands of the enraged citizens, who break into stores to steal whatever loot they can get their hands on. The businesses are long empty, any valuables deserted in the owner's hasty exit. The absence of any potential victims only serves to drive the mob into a greater frenzy. More than anything worth stealing, what they truly desire are more victims. They fight each other over the spoils of their ransacking anyway, hardly knowing or caring why yet giving into their violent urges all the same. Those few citizens unaffected by the madness gripping the city have long since shut themselves indoors, fortifying their residences with whatever makeshift barriers they can erect. They know they are in for a long night at this mercy of the madness. All they can do is pray that someone- anyone- is coming to deliver them from this evil.

And speaking of evil... Strolling down Pennsylvania Plaza at this very moment is the madman responsible for this night of terror. Clad in his trademark extra-terrestrial garb, Cletus Kasady mumbles to himself, hardly even aware of the chaos around him...

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:28, Sun 22 Mar 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 21 Mar 2020
at 06:28
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 1):

“Now where have those so-called 'heroes' gone off to? I'd really hate for them to think I've been slacking off for the past few months!” Pausing for a moment, Carnage tilts his head back to look at a massive TV screen affixed to the side of a skyscraper. Staring down at him is the enlarged image of mayor Norman Osborn. "Now what's this?" he mutters, Some good old-fashioned emergency broadcasting? How soothing. I'm feeling calmer already!

"-and that is why it's essential for all citizens to stay indoors," the mayor is saying, although Carnage is hardly listening. "Authorities are monitoring the situation as it evolves. Do not panic. And remember to report any sightings of vigilantes to your local-"

"Good ol' Ozzy," Carnage laughs. "Can't risk letting those pesky Avengers get all the credit for bringing me in. What's a little blood on your hands if it means you get to swoop in and play the hero for a while? After all, that was part of our deal, wasn't it?" As if responding to what Carnage had said, the news program suddenly flashes to an image of the Iron Patriot, Osborn's well-known public persona. Yes, when this was all said and done, the "heroic" mayor would be taking full credit for cleaning up Carnage's little mess. And Kasady had given his word to play along, all in the interest of bettering Osborn's precious public image. Those hero-types must have really done a number on him recently for him to be stooping to such a desperate, pathetic little plan.

"As a wise madman once said, Normie, the fun part about being insane is the selective memory that comes with it. For all I remember, you and I never had this silly little 'deal.' You sprung me from prison, sure... Set me loose on this town so I could get my revenge for them locking me away... Now maybe you thought this was all some little game where you could make all the rules... But you should know by now that in the real world... there are no rules!"

Noticing a pair of figures huddled in a nearby side-alley, Carnage turns his attention away from the TV and toward them. "Out for a little stroll, were we? Fresh air really does a body good, doesn't it?"

His eyes narrow as he raises a clawed hand, fingers elongating into razor-sharp blades fit to peel flesh from bone. "Me, I always found a little fresh blood was what really did the trick!"

Before the eyes of any passerby, Carnage prepares to make his next kill!

This message was last edited by the player at 09:38, Sun 22 Mar 2020.

Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 22 Mar 2020
at 09:37
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The alleyway Carnage is standing in is adjacent to a wide city street. In a four-way intersection nearby, a city bus lies smoldering on its side amid multiple wrecked vehicles. Garbage fires dot the sidewalk on both sides of the street and there is trash everywhere. There are multiple vantage points (rooftops, telephone poles, traffic lights) where an alert hero might be observing Carnage as he threatens the cowering elderly couple. But anyone seeking to intervene will first need to fight through the crush of rioting civilians who flood the city. As though sensing the intention of any nearby do-gooders wanting to intervene, the mob converges on any heroes in their midst. Those down on the streets might want to head for higher ground to avoid the surging mobs, while those perched up high already find the rioters clawing and climbing up to try and reach them. No matter where the heroes are, there is no hiding from the mobs for long. The city truly has fallen.

Scene Distinctions:
Smoldering Ruins
Overturned Vehicles
Debris-Strewn Streets

Mob of Rioters 5d6
Psychically Manipulated d4
Swarm d8
Area Attack 5d6

02:29, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 5,3,5,3,3,1,4,6,1,6, 4,2,3 using d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d4,d8,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d6 ((5,3,5,3,3,1,4,6,1,6, 4,2,3)).

Total: 12
Effect: d8 to Tigra, d6 to Dagger, Daredevil, Domino, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man

I still need to get Tigra, Hawkeye, and Dagger's players set up on RPoL, but they will roll this reaction once they join in. For now, Daredevil, Domino, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Spider-Man can roll their reactions. One of them should also roll an action (doesn't matter who goes first), then pick one of the other four (or Carnage) to go next.

2 Opportunities available

Doom Pool 26 + 1d6 = 3d6

Reactions Needed: Tigra, Dagger, Daredevil, Domino, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Spider-Man

Next Action: Daredevil, Domino, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, or Spider-Man

*Note: Everyone starts with 1 PP. Please remember to list your total/effect die, remaining PP amount, opportunities rolled, and to choose who goes next at the end of your turn. XP for milestones will only be awarded the first time each goal is hit, but everyone can use both milestone sets on their character sheets or swap out one of them for an event milestone set. Message The Watcher if you need help taking your turn.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:28, Sun 22 Mar 2020.

Domino
 player, 1 post
 PP: 0
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 06:30
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As she stood watching the carnage below, she wasn't surprised to see Carnage among it.
She'd been watching him for a minute or so now, as he'd wandered down the street ... taking the time to talk to the big TV screen overhead, as though Mayor Douchbag could hear him.

And she was considering what to do about him, when it came to her attention that a bunch of slavering idiots were spilling over the fire escape lip onto the rooftop behind her.
Turning, casually bringing her guns around to face the oncoming hoard, killing the first few and therefore bulwarking the fire escape ladder below with the falling dead bodies.

Reaction: to Mob attack
d8:  Solo
d8:  Femme Fatale
d10: Probability Manipulation: Superhuman Reflexes
d10: Combat Master

- rolled 3,1,2,3 using d8,d8,d10,d10 ((3,1,2,3)).
Total: 6
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1  equals  +1PP for me

SFX: Second Chance. If your pool includes a Probability Manipulation power, spend 1 PP to reroll.
- rolled 8,3,3,4 using d8,d8,d10,d10.  Probability Manipulation Reroll.
Total: 12
Effect: d10
PP = 0


Then, she returned her attention to the chaos below ... glad the the silencers on her guns had likely made very little impact on the situational noise down there.

Seeing, now, that the Symbiotic Goon had taken a shine to some cowering innocents, the hardened Mercenary in Domino rose up.
War was one thing, but slaughtering innocents was something that even her blackened soul didn't take well to.

Taking aim, she decided to put a bullet or two into the freaky alien mother**ker ... maybe get his attention, preferably claim some first blood.

Action:  Shoot symbi-idiot in the back
d8:  Solo
d8:  Hardened Mercenary
d8:  Guns
d10: Combat Master

- rolled 7,2,7,10 using d8,d8,d8,d10 ((7,2,7,10)).
Total: 17 hoping to catch the guy by surprise (shooting him in the  back, from on high)
Effect: d8

PP: 0

Next: Carnage!

Luke Cage
 player, 1 post
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 12:05
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Luke Cage came looking for trouble. After what Carnage did to him, after what he himself might have done to Jessica--or their baby girl? Luke wanted payback, and Sweet Christmas if he wasn't going to extract some.

And so Cage stomped the street, defiant and seething. When the infected scrambled towards him, the Hero of Harlem pressed forward to meet the threat head on!

"Come GET SOME!" Luke Cage snarled, his jaw clenched into a vice. He brought his fists slamming onto the pavement. Luke reasoned that a show of overwhelming force might give these feral creatures pause, force them back and away so he could get back to the business of finding Carnage.


Reaction to the Mob
Intent: Show of force to intimidate the mob into backing off.

Solo d8
Come Get Some! d8
Superhuman Strength (Versatile SFX) 2d8
Menace 2d8

Dice Pool 6d8
07:00, Today: Luke Cage rolled 29 using 6d8 ((1,2,6,8,6,6)).
Total 14, d8 Effect, 1 Opportunity

1 PP. Waiting for my turn.

Iron Fist
 player, 1 post
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 16:36
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Danny stood on the corner of the building's roof and looked down at the mayhem.  The city had been through so much and the citizens were meant to be sympathized with.  They didn't have training--they didn't have abilities.  When you did, you took action.

Danny leaped off the roof and kicked off the brick wall as he fell and landed in an easy roll.  But a mob was unpredictable.  And Luke's fists were stronger than the pavement, which meant the mob moved when he moved the ground and the cars on it.  Danny moved from flipped car, to crashed car, and tried to keep over the mob's head, but their hands were ever grasping despite his training and his abilities.  He held himself back from attacking, and they did--or could--not.  It was the kind of injury a citizen couldn't ignore, but he'd faced a dragon and won.  He would prevail here, too, but for now, how could he disperse a mob without hurting them.  They didn't know what they were doing!


Solo d8, <scene distinction> Overturned Cars d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Acrobatic Master d10 (as 2d8)

11:14, Today: Iron Fist rolled 5d8 (8,3,4,2,2).  React to Mob.

REACTION
Total: 12, effect d8 (no Opportunities)
PP: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 19:27, Mon 23 Mar 2020.

Luke Cage
 player, 2 posts
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 17:09
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tie goes to the attacker? I would ask this in an OOC thread, but there isn't one.
Spider-Man
 player, 1 post
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 17:36
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was wondering where his friendly neighborhood was. "People! Please go home! The TVs you're stealing will be obsolete by next year anyway!" he shouts as he hops, swings, and dashes nimbly to escape the mobs grasp. He didn't want to hurt anyone so he wasn't about to go then back, instead doin everything a spider can to keep out of harms way.

He had argued against killing Kassidy, and he always would, but it would be best to stop the madman before he hurt anyone else. The only question was where to look and the answer was unfortunately obvious. Just go wherever things were the worst.


Reaction pool
Solo d8 + Friendly Neighborhood Hero? d4 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Swingline d8 + Acrobatic Master d10

Spider-Man rolled 33 using d8+d8+d10+d10+d4 with rolls of 7,7,7,8,4.  Reaction vs Mob.

So that's 15 with a d8 effect. Gain one PP for using a distnction at d4

The Watcher
 GM, 8 posts
Mon 23 Mar 2020
at 17:58
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
For the sake of simplicity, we'll be using the same house rules as the other MHR campaign on here as listed in the rules thread. This means player heroes win ties rather than the attacker (attacker still wins ties if it's PvP). I'll be posting Carnage's turn shortly.

I have also created an OOC discussion thread-- thanks Luke Cage for reminding me.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:03, Mon 23 Mar 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 01:01
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the pair of civilians cower before him, Carnage turns to look at the new arrivals on-scene. "Well lookie here, folks, the little heroes have come out to play! I'm disappointed there aren't more of you! Didn't the others get my invites?"

Craning his head up at the sound of gunshots, the killer's eyes light up when he spots Domino emptying bullets into a crowd of rioters.

"Say, Shriek didn't mention any new groupies joining our little murder circuit. But killing those poor civvies in cold blood... I like your style, sister! I don't suppose you've got time for a job int-- hey, watch it!"

He tries to duck as Domino turns her guns upon him next, unleashing a barrage of bullets...

Team d6
Sneaky d4 (He's just standing around in the open)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8

12:56, Today: Carnage rolled 3,2,5,8 using 1d6,1d4,1d10,1d8 ((3,2,5,8)).

Total: 13
Effect: d6

Domino's attack succeeds and Carnage takes d8 Physical stress.

"ACK!" Carnage turns, lifting a clawed hand up to shield himself from the incoming projectiles. Although he quickly forms a defensive shield from his red symbiote-suit, enough of the bullets strike him in the back to stagger him.

He turns his attention to the two elderly city folk now trying to run away in the confusion. Propped down on one knee from his injury, Carnage rolls his eyes at the sight of them ambling away.

"Is a little help too much to ask for, people? I'm the one throwing this party! The least you could do is show some gratitude to your generous host!"

With that, he stretches out a tentacled arm and scoops up the old woman as a human shield. The man (who bears an odd resemblance to Stan Lee) shouts and begins beating Carnage with his cane. "Put her down, Venom!"

"Venom?!" Carnage laughs, "You gettin' me mixed up with that little wuss? All this excitement must have you confused, gramps! Time for your nap!" The supervillain then brushes the man forcefully aside, causing him to hit his head against the brick wall lining the alley. As he drops to the ground, Carnage turns back to the heroes with a wicked grin, pulling the old woman close and positioning her in front of him.

"Putting down some rabid rioters is one thing, 'heroes,' and your friend up on the roof there seems pretty good at it. But looks like even with all the work I done to drive this city mad, poor Granny here still ain't in the mood for murder... No, she don't look like the type to hurt anybody. You gonna let Dollface up there put a bullet in this nice young lady next?"

He meets Domino's gaze as if inviting her to open fire, his eyes darting side to side to keep the other heroes in his periphery as his hostage struggles...

The next acting hero can make a reaction against Carnage to try and block him from sending his effect die into the doom pool. Doing this doesn't count as that player's action. The rules are a little fuzzy on villains grandstanding, but this seems fair to me.

Team d6
Murderous d4 (He's making himself a target in the process of causing terror)
Tentacles d8
Menace Master d10

17:53, Today: Carnage rolled 4,3,4,8 using d6,d4,d8,d10 ((4,3,4,8)). Grandstanding to build up the doom pool.

Total: 12
Effect: d8

Buying Luke Cage's opportunity to step up 1 doom die. Stepping up remaining 2 doom dice via Carnage's use of the Sneaky d4 distinction in his reaction roll and the Murderous d4 distinction in his action roll. Spending 1 d8 to add Shriek to the scene. 3d8 - 1d8 = 2d8


"Sorry I'm late, honey!" a cackling voice suddenly calls from down the street. "Traffic was murder!" A blaring horn pierces the air and suddenly, any hero looking that direction notices a large blue semi-truck barreling down the street, heedless of the dozens of civilians in its path!

Doom Pool: 2d8
Opportunities: 0
Next Action: Luke Cage

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 01:13, Tue 24 Mar 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 9 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 01:11
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man successfully leaps clear of the mobs, dodging and darting away from dozens upon dozens of clawing hands. A few hastily-created weblines allow him to stay out of the enraged citizens' reach for the time being. Iron Fist is also successful avoiding them, his equally sharp reflexes carrying him up and away from the surging bodies and to relative safety atop an overturned vehicle. Luke Cage takes a different approach, slamming his mighty fists on the pavement in an explosive show of force that rattles the nearby rioters enough that they stumble back in shock. But it may not be long before each of the heroes finds themselves at the mercy of the sheer number of yet more rioters converging on the area...

As we are going with the hero-wins-ties rule, every hero was successful in their reaction thus far. I have to say this is off to an exciting start-- thanks everyone for joining in!
Daredevil
 player, 2 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 09:17
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil blinks and shakes his head. "Oh, wow," he says to no one in particular since whatever group arrived here are suddenly separated enough as to not be able to communicate between them. The feeling like he has been plopped in to the middle of the action without warning is disorienting, but it isn't the first time he's had to fight his way out of an abrupt and precipitous situation. At least this crowd seems like ordinary citizens and not, say, ninjas (even if something seems off about them, to say nothing of the rage sweeping through them for no reason he can discern. For later, he tells himself.)


Reaction to Mob attack, Total: 12, Effect: d8:
Solo    d10
Man Without Fear (overconfident, as usual)    d4
(+1 PP)
Billy Club/Swingline    d6
Hypersenses/Enhanced Reflexes    d8
Acrobatic Master    2d8

Daredevil rolled 5,1,3,1,5,4 using d10,d4,d6,d8,d8,d8 ((5,1,3,1,5,4)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 14; Effect: d6
2 Opportunities

PPs: 1+1-1= 1


The first order of business is to get out of harm's way. Once he gets to higher ground he can assess the situation. He feels the familiar weight of his billy club in his hand, but not for long before flicking his swing-line to an open hole busted a few stories up in the side of a building nearby, hearing it attach, then pulling himself up the line and over the heads of the rioting crowd, missing their assault by inches. "No photos! No photos!" Daredevil calls, with a smirk, as he swings away.

Once he lands inside the hole in the building he retracts his line then turns to survey the action on the street. While it's dangerous for him to be in a building that could fall apart at any moment, it affords the best perch on which to study the scene below. When he gets an idea of what is going on, DD turns his attention to any innocent bystanders. With so much happening all at once, he has to keep priorities.
The Watcher
 GM, 10 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 15:06
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil swings clear of the mobs, gaining a high enough vantage point that his radar sense has a full sweep of the area. Through the dense scrum of bodies, he can sense pockets where non-rioting citizens are being threatened by the violence around them. In addition to the two being menaced by Carnage, there are at least four more scattered about in the roiling crowds. And those are to say nothing of the many more standing directly in the path of Shriek's vehicle, who are mere moments from being flattened!

Buying Daredevil's opportunities to step up both dice in the doom pool to 2d10.

Going forward, we should all be using Team for affiliation now that we're all in the same scene together. There will be opportunities to split up pretty soon if players decide to.

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:47, Tue 24 Mar 2020.

Luke Cage
 player, 3 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 15:20
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Luke knew that the rioters were bound to get themselves killed if circumstances didn't change. This Carnage joker was dangerous, and with Shriek entering the mix, the Hero of Harlem knew he had to make a big move before things got too far out of hand.

"Hey," Luke Cage spat through gritted teeth before repeating with greater bass in his voice, "HEY!"

"You know who I am, and what I can do,"
threatened the Hero for Hire. His muscles flexed as he slammed both fists into the ground again, a rippling shockwave erupting through the ground. "Unless all of you want to catch these hands, I suggest you get the @&*<#! outta here. Go home, sleep it off. Do better."

One thing Luke Cage knew how to do, was to use his strength and size to assert dominance. If there was any humanity left in this mob, perhaps they would take his threat to heart.


Intent: Inflict mental (emotional? Your call, Watcher) stress against the mob, trying to intimidate them into fleeing.

Team d6, Come Get Some! d8, Superhuman Strength (Versatile SFX) 2d8, Menace 2d8, Area Attack 4d6

Dice Pool: 5d8, 5d6
Not the best roll.
2,6,5,3,1,2,3,1,2,3
Spending 1 PP to add a third die.
Total 14, d8 against 2 mob d6s, d6 against 3 d6s.
2 opportunities! Ouch!

1 PP still.

Reaction needed: The Mob
Next up: Can I call any hero?

<b>EDIT: Next up - Daredevil!

This message was last edited by the player at 17:07, Tue 24 Mar 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 11 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 16:57
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"'Do better?'"rumbles a tattooed brute who stands head and shoulders above the other rioters. "Who do you think you are, man, Captain America?" It seems clear that he speaks for many in the mob who have no intention of backing down...

09:21, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 6,2,4,5,4,3,6 using d6,d6,d6,d6,d6,d4,d8 ((6,2,4,5,4,3,6)).

Total: 12 (a lot of 12's so far)
Effect: d6

Mob takes d8, d6, d6, d6 of Emotional stress, reducing it to 4d6. 3 of 4 dice need only a d4 to knock them out.

Buying Luke Cage's opportunities to step up 2 doom dice for 1 PP. Doom pool stands at 2d12.


Then, seeing the hero slam his fists down directly in front of him, the bruiser takes a step back, eyes wide.

"Whoa man, I'm cool! I was leaving anyway!"

Seeing him flee, another half-dozen rioters standing near the brute turn as one and begin to push past each other, taking off down the block. The remaining rioters take one look at the deserters, back to Luke, then at each other, as if trying to gauge whether they should fight or flee.

However, the danger hasn't passed. Only seconds have ticked by, yet Shriek is that much closer to mowing down the crowd!

I would choose Daredevil, Iron Fist, or Spider-Man for the next Action. Still waiting on the other players.

A couple quick notes re: house rules just to get them out there. Per the rules thread, we are going to try out a PP cap of 5 for each player during this event (the first time I have ever used a cap-- if it's too limiting we can always adjust it). Also want to mention that counterattacks can only be used when the opponent has rolled an opportunity. Finally, a die can only be stepped up by an amount one less than its current amount, not just any amount. I will list more as we go if needed, but they are also listed in the rules thread for anyone who wants to go over them.

Daredevil
 player, 4 posts
Tue 24 Mar 2020
at 21:18
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
So many fires to put out, Daredevil thinks as he scans the area with his radar sense. So put out the hottest ones first. He doesn't even have to consciously will his body to go to the most immediate threat before he's moving toward it, leaping from the building and, using his billy club line once again, swinging toward the people in the path of the careening vehicle, but instead removing the crowd from danger, he moves to remove the danger from the crowd, and pitches feet-first through the windshield of the vehicle! Daredevil disregards his own senses warning him of a villain present, leaping to crank the steering wheel to divert the vehicle's path toward anywhere but into the crowd of people!

"People!" Daredevil calls to the other heroes. To the blind hero, more allies don't always mean more help, but maybe in this case they could lend a badly-needed hand amidst the chaos. "We've got to get these innocents out of here!"

Diverting the vehicle's path away from toward the people:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear (jumping in to danger (and possibly Shriek's presence) without caution)    d4
(+1 PP)
Billy Club/Swingline    d6
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12
(-1 PP)
Acrobatic Master    2d8

Daredevil rolled 5,4,1,11,6,4 using d6,d4,d6,d12,d8,d8 ((5,4,1,11,6,4)).

Total: 17; Effect: d8
1 Opportunity

PPs: 1(starting, from msg #13)+1(Opportunity, from msg #13)+1(negative Disinction)-1(Radar Sense SFX)= 2 (with potential Opportunity purchase)

Next Action: Shriek

Shriek
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 01:49
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 17):

Correction to last post-- Luke Cage reduced the mob to 3d6, not 4d6. Each die was hit with d6 stress so they need only a d4 to knock them out. Thanks Iron Fist for catching that.

Shriek... well... shrieks as Daredevil comes crashing into the passenger side of the truck she's driving. As she recovers from the spray of glass shards hitting her in the face, she opens her eyes to see the devil-horned hero steering her truck from its path. "Hey, let go!" she snarls, trying to grab hold of the steering wheel, but to no effect. She can sense the hero's raw determination to put a stop to the mayhem, and his single-mindedness startles her a little. Up to now, most people she's encountered in this town have been such pushovers. Suddenly, Shriek's eyes widen as Daredevil's hard turn causes the tires to skid. "Hey, what's the matter with you, are you blind?! There's a wall right--!"

*CRASH*

As Carnage was unopposed in adding to the doom pool on his last turn, it would now include his d8 effect die. But we can assume Daredevil's action was targeting that d8 to remove it or step it back, with his d8 effect die eliminating it and representing DD saving the crowd of people and "putting out the fire," so to speak.

The truck comes to a hard stop against the brick wall, its occupants being thrown violently from their seats. By way of sheer luck-- or perhaps Daredevil's quick thinking-- the semi-truck's cab turned enough so that the trailer itself took the brunt of the impact. The civilians Shriek nearly flattened stand milling around near the wreckage, apparently in a daze. Moments later, Shriek herself crawls clear of the wreckage, a hand clutching her bloody nose as she lifts the other one toward Daredevil. "You're gonna pay for that!" she seethes, her outstretched palm crackling with sonic energy. Before the blind hero can gather himself, he senses the nearby civilians scatter as she lets loose a hyper-sonic blast right at him!

Team d10
Violent Tendencies d4 (That impact did nothing to lessen them)
Sonic Blasts 2d8 (see the below SFX)

SFX: Take it to Eleven. Step up or double Sonic Blasts for one action. If the action fails, add a die to doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die then shut down Sonic Blasts. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.

18:36, Today: Shriek rolled 10,2,1,1 using d10,d4,d8,d8 ((10,2,1,1)).

Total: 12
Effect d4

Buying Daredevil's opportunity to add a d6 to the doom pool. Adding an additional d6 via Shriek's d4 Violent Tendencies distinction. Offering Daredevil 1 PP to activate his Limit: Overstim and shut down his Superhuman Senses d10 power trait.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 2d6
Opportunities: 2
Reaction Needed: Daredevil
Next Action: Iron Fist

This message was last edited by the player at 01:57, Wed 25 Mar 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 5 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 07:43
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Reaction to Shriek's physical attack, Total: 12, Effect: d4:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear    d8
Hypersenses/Enhanced Stamina    d8

Daredevil rolled 2,3,1 using d6,d8,d8 ((2,3,1)).

Total: 5; Effect: u>d4</u> (default)
1 Opportunity

An Extraordinary Success by the attacker makes the acting Effect die a d6, for physical Stress on DD

PPs: 2(starting, from msg #17)+1(Opportunity, from msg #18)+1(Limit: Overstim; shut down Superhuman Senses)+1(Opportunity from this roll)= 4


The sound blasts from Shriek's palms explodes in Daredevil's ears, threatening to shatter his ear-drums. He's taken worse but he can't remember when, especially at this moment when the attack throws of his equilibrium enough to disrupt with his immediate brain functions. He can stand upright, but even that is a privilege he may soon lose.
Iron Fist
 player, 2 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 13:50
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
And then, Iron Fist sped into action!  The crowd was left behind as he crossed the distance to Shriek in a veritable blur!  He channeled his chi into his fist, and leaped over a car.  His fist glowed and burned bright.  And like unto a thing of iron, he struck!  "No more!" he used the words as the focus, a kiai of sorts.

ACTION
Team D6, Living Weapon D8, Enhanced Strength D8 (SFX: Iron Fist steps up to D10), Combat Master D10

08:41, Today: Iron Fist rolled 1,5,9,6 using d6,d8,d10,d10 Attack Shriek.
Total: 9+5=14, effect D10 (Opportunity!)

PP: 2 (+1 bought Opportunity)

Next action: Tigra

Shriek
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 17:23
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Iron Fist (msg # 20):

Buying Daredevil and Iron Fist's opportunities to step up 2d6 in the doom pool to 2d8.

"Oh, looks like Kung-Fu Boy wants to play too?" Shriek hisses, letting loose another blast at the airborne Iron Fist. Despite her rage, she steadies her hand for maximum accuracy, perhaps sensing how devastating the hero's glowing fist could be if he connects...

Team d10
Fractured Psyche d4 (Worsening her aim)
Sonic Blast d8
d12 added from the doom pool

09:37, Today: Shriek rolled 2,4,6,9 using d10,d4,d8,d12 ((2,4,6,9)).

Total: 15
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Spending 1d8 doom to counterattack Iron Fist. Paying Iron Fist 2 PP to keep both spent doom dice in the doom pool. Stepping up 1 d8 to d10 via Shriek's Fractured Psyche d4 distinction. Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d10, 1d8

Shriek's Sonic blast strikes Iron Fist in the nick of time, halting his momentum and launching him backward. He lands painfully in the street and rolls to a stop several meters away from Shriek. "Got him!" the villainess gloats. Who's your sensei now, numbnuts?"

Her smile fades when she looks up to see a grotesque six-armed figure descending a nearby building. "Doppel!" she exclaims. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be watching the prisoner!"

Spending 1d8 from the doom pool to add Doppelganger to the scene. Spending 1d10 to have Doppelganger interrupt Tigra.

Suddenly, Spider-Man's spider-sense goes off like a siren, and he looks up to see a hideous reflection of himself descending down the building behind him!

Next Action: Doppelganger
Doom Pool: 2d12

Doppelganger
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 25 Mar 2020
at 18:05
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Spider-Man doppelganger, or "Doppel," as Shriek appears to call him, is surprised when Spider-Man appears to notice his presence. As if realizing it has lost the element of surprise, it quickly extends a clawed set of hands and launches a barrage of razor-barbed webbing at the hero!

d6 Team
d4 Creature of Instinct (No plan here)
d8 Weapon
Combat Expert d8

SFX: Grapple. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when inflicting a web-related complication on a target.

10:53, Today: The Watcher, on behalf of Doppelganger, rolled 1,3,8,6,6 using d6,d4,d8,d6,d8 ((1,3,8,6,6)).

Total: 14
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1

Reaction Needed: Spider-Man
Next Action: Tigra

This message was last edited by the player at 18:06, Wed 25 Mar 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 2 posts
Thu 26 Mar 2020
at 20:47
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Alerted by his Spider Sense, Spider-Man reacts to the sudden appearance of his Doppelganger just in the nick of time to shoot out a swingline with his webs push off and...

...get caught by the monsters webs anyway. "Seriously! he moans out as he struggles with the sticky barbs beginning to fray his costume. "Ahh this is just awful. And you're like my 3rd worst evil clone, you know that! You don't even have a name!"


Team d6 + Wisecracker d8 + Superhuman Reflexes d10 + Swingline d8 + Acrobatic Master d10

13:35, Today: Spider-Man rolled 19 using d8+d8+d10+d10+d6 with rolls of 2,4,5,5,3.  Reaction vs Doppelganger.

Yikes, spending 1 pp for spider sense

13:39, Today: Spider-Man rolled 22 using d8+d8+d10+d10+d6+d8 with rolls of 7,1,4,5,2,3.

Well that helped a little but he got me.

Taking 1xp for Deadly Foes of Spider-Man

Tigra
 player, 2 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 02:21
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Mob of Rioters (msg # 4):

Tigra floated in through a magical hoop, confused as to what the racket was all about. She had been home at the Sanctum Sanctorum with Wong,who had just finished putting the final touches on her brand new Sorceress Supreme robe. As she floated into the scene, a gust of wind came through and covered her in ash.

Great. Now I have to explain what happened to Wong and I'm gonna get yelled at.


She saw a mob of citizens pillaging nearby stores and creating chaos - they were coming her way, throwing things, screaming, and taunting her. She didn't want to hurt them, they were clearly under some influence - best to avoid them, but if she couldn't, people may have to get hurt.

Things were so much easier when I was The Chosen Champion of the Cat People...

Team: d10
Smoldering ruins d4 (more things to trip over)
Chosen Champion of the Cat people: Superhuman reflexes, d10
Disciple of the Ancient One: Enhanced durability, d8
Acrobatics master,2d8: Converting Master d10 to 2d8

SFX: Pounce. On a successful reaction against a physical attack, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost. Spend 1 PP to step it up.

18:42, Today: Tigra rolled 9,2,2,1,5,8 using d10,d4,d10,d8,d8,d8.  Rolling reaction against Mob of Rioters.

Total: 17
effect: d10
Opportunities: 1

PP total: 1+1 for rolling d4 =2


Oops...well, being Sorceress Supreme is a learning curve. Wong said to be patient.

Then, Tigra heard that disgusting voice she knew too well...

"Hey Slime Boy! Haven't seen you in a while! Are you no longer fond of the sewers?"

She walked over to Carnage, who was holding an older lady hostage. Tigra could see the lady gagging in Carnage's clutches.

"Don't worry, ma'am,you'll get home safe soon and get that stench off of you!"

Tigra began to run in circles around Carnage, disappearing every other second and reappearing the next in a entrancing pattern. Distracting him, she slowly attempted to fuse Carnage's arms to the ground with magic.

This should make things complicated for him. Wong won't believe me when I tell him about this!

Team: d10
Magic is Awesome!:d8
Enhanced Speed: d8
Disciple of the Ancient One: Supreme Sorcery, d10
Mystic master,2d8: Converting Master d10 to 2d8
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

19:08, Today: Tigra rolled 6,5,2,8,4,2 using d10,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8.

Total: 19 (used 1 pp to add 3 dice), attempting to make a complication.
Effect: d8
PP total: 2-1 = 1.


Next Action: Spider-Man

This message was last edited by the player at 16:38, Fri 27 Mar 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 4 posts
Fri 27 Mar 2020
at 22:44
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The barbed webs slowed him down and bit into his skin, and Spider-Man cursed the wizard or whatever it was that had made the doppelganger in the first place. He really needed to start hanging out with a better class of people.

"Alright there bitey, to can play at this game!" Spider-Man declared as the struggled to get free of the webbing. Freeing his arms enough to aim, he launched his web shooters at the strange creature that bore his likeness. The weird creature may have barbs, but Spider-Man was the original and had far more practice. He would win a web out for sure.


Team d6 + With Great Power d8 + Superhuman Strength d10 + Weapon d8 + Grapple SFX d6 + Combat Expert d8
SFX: Grapple. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a web-related complication on a target.

15:11, Today: Spider-Man rolled 22 using d6+d6+d8+d8+d8+d10 with rolls of 4,2,7,1,1,7.  Webbing Doppelganger Right Back!

Result: 14
Effect: d10(Stepped up d8) Giving Doppel a Webbed Up Complication

Needs Reaction: Doppelganger
Up Next: He's been waiting a while, so Luke Cage

Carnage
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 22:31
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"This area's gettin' too hot, babe," Carnage hisses to Shriek. "And it ain't from me watchin' you mop the floor with these nobodies. Think it's time for us to split!"

He extends a clawed hand, bringing a blade-sharp finger up to his hostage's throat.

"Guess me and Grandma can catch up later," he says, grinning. "At her funeral!"

But as Carnage tries to rake his claws against the woman's neck, he suddenly finds he can't move his arms. He looks up to see Tigra descending to the ground in front of him, palms outstretched.

"Hey Slime Boy! Haven't seen you in a while! Are you no longer fond of the sewers?"

"You again!" Kasady seethes. "Ruining my fun once wasn't enough for you?"

"Don't worry, ma'am,you'll get home safe soon and get that stench off of you!"

"YOU!! Wh-- I don't--- GRRRR!!"

Before Carnage can react, the sorceress is running circles around him at blinding speed, her after-images catching him in a hypnotic trance. After an instant, Carnage shakes his head in frustration, snapping out of it only to realize an odd sensation is taking hold of his arms.

"Hey! What gives?! Screw this, I ain't fightin' one o' you magic-types! I'm outta here!" In a desperate panic, Carnage tries to flee down the alleyway before the sorceress can complete her spell, using the darkness and debris as his cover...

Team d6
Murderous d4 (He was really itching to kill that poor granny but now he can't)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Covert Expert d8
1d12 from the doom pool

14:47, Today: Carnage rolled 6,3,9,3,12 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d12 ((6,3,9,3,12)).

Total: 21
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0
Carnage resists Tigra's d10 complication. Adding a d6 to the doom pool for Carnage's d4 Murderous distinction. Paying Tigra 1 PP to keep the used d12 in the doom pool.

Just then, several rioters fleeing Luke Cage turn into the alleyway, barreling past Tigra, Carnage, and the two elderly folk at the villain's mercy. As the passerby surge past, Tigra loses sight of Carnage in the sudden thick of bodies.

"Haha, SUCKER!" she hears Carnage snicker from somewhere in the crowd. But by the time the alley clears again, Kasady is nowhere to be seen. Only a thin puddle of red symbiote goo-- still glowing with ethereal magic-- remains where Kasady had stood. Like a lizard shedding its' tail to escape a predator, Kasady has apparently done much the same.
Doppelganger
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 22:31
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The doppelganger is fast descending toward Spider-Man, propelled by its hideous appendages. Watching it crawl along the surface of the building, one can't help but think its' movements are more spider-like than human, and the sight of it is surely sickening. It moves with single-minded predator instinct toward Spider-Man, who is already encased in a thick cocoon of its razor-edged webs. The doppelganger opens its hideous maw, talons extended to seize the hero, when suddenly it stops. For an instant, it regards Spider-Man with an animal-like curiosity, as though realizing they share the same appearance. The moment of confusion is all Spider-Man needs to wrest an arm free of his bonds and fire his own web-shooters at the strange beast...

Team d6
Savage Spider d8 (It's moving in for the kill now...)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8
Spider-Man's "Webbed Up" complication d8

15:20, Today: Doppelganger rolled 1,6,4,4,1 using d6,d8,d10,d8,d8 ((1,6,4,4,1)).

Total: 10
Effect: d10
Doppelganger takes a d10 "Webbed Up" complication.


Spider-Man is apparently not boasting, as he quickly webs Doppelganger up in a head-to-toe coating of web fluid. For as eager as the creature was to web up its own prey, it doesn't take kindly to having a taste of its own medicine. Although it struggles and squirms, it can't seem to break free of the material. The web-off appears to be a stand-off for now.
The Watcher
 GM, 16 posts
Sat 28 Mar 2020
at 23:06
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Cletus!" Shriek calls after Carnage, seeing him disappear into the crowd of civilians. "Don't go! Doppel needs our help!"

"Screw your dumb little spider-pet!" Carnage calls back over his shoulder. "Unless you really wanna hang around and fight that wizard... cat... tiger-lady again! One trip to the Arctic Circle not enough for you, sweetie?"

Shriek hesitates for a moment. She's managed to put the hurt on two of these so-called heroes, and a few more sonic blasts might just be all she needs to take them out of the game permanently. But that was never the plan. No, as Carnage always liked to say, there was no "plan." Just murder, mayhem, and all the wonderful things that came with it.

"Wait up! I'm coming!" she cries, turning away from her injured foes and chasing after Carnage. Although a hero with quick reflexes might have had a shot at stopping her, she quickly disappears into the cover of darkness, using the crowds to her advantage. Doppelganger watches her go, frantically trying to break free of its web-prison and follow its master, but to no avail.

Even with Shriek and Carnage gone, and a captive Doppelganger, there is still plenty else for the heroes to deal with. It's well into the late hours of the night now, and there is no sign of any end to the madness.

Spending 2d12 from the doom pool to end the scene.
Transition Scene: "Putting Out the Fires"
Doom Pool: Starting at 2d6 + 1 leftover d6 from last scene = 3d6
+2 XP to all heroes

New Scene Distinctions:
Injured Civilians
That Building's On Fire!
Lingering Rioters (From the 3d6 mob that wasn't fully defeated)

"Someone help!" a burly store-owner calls, "My building's on fire!" He gestures frantically to a derelict deli, smoke billowing from the spaces between the boarded-up windows. "Tito's still in there!"

"Someone, please!" a feeble voice calls from the alleyway. "My husband is hurt! He needs a doctor!" The voice belongs to the old woman Carnage had taken hostage. She kneels beside her husband, using her sleeve to mop up droplets of blood from the man's head where he'd struck it against the brick wall.

"Help!"
"Anybody!"
"Please, somebody!"

The growing chorus of voices rises to a cacophony, becoming a deafening curtain of noise. The only thing remaining to be seen is whether the heroes will answer the call. Or will tracking down the mad killers responsible take priority over saving the lives of these innocents?

Next Action: Luke Cage

Decision time for everybody: which heroes stay and help the citizens, and which decide to pursue the villains? I'd like if the heroes decided this amongst themselves through role-play. Some of the heroes are hurt too, so you can use this scene to try and recover your own or another player's stress. All player's stress has stepped back by one. Good time to get in character, try to hit your milestones, etc. Keep in mind you can swap out one of your milestone sets for one of the following event milestone sets:

ARE YOU A HERO...
You need to stop this, but can't compromise your principles.
1 XP - when you call out an ally who you think is crossing the line.
3 XP - when you allow a member of Carnage's Family to escape in order to help an ally or innocent bystander.
10 XP - when you refuse to kill a stressed-out member of Carnage's Family or prevent an ally from killing them.

... OR A VIGILANTE?
You are going to put an end to this... no matter what it costs.
1 XP - when you call out an ally who you don't think has the stomach for the job that needs doing.
3 XP - when you abandon an ally or innocent bystander who needs your help in order to pursue a member of Carnage's Family.
10 XP - when you choose to take the life of a member of Carnage's Family or convince an ally to do so against his better judgement because it "needed to be done."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:40, Sat 28 Mar 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 7 posts
Mon 30 Mar 2020
at 21:06
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil stands still for a moment, his hands clutching his ears through his mask. His body is tensed but when an assault does not come he loosens, stands upright and lowers his hands, then surveys the scene. For such a quick attack the city is in shambles but his concern is for other than collateral damage. The screaming ring in his ears replacing the tones he uses to track objects around him throws him off balance, but through his dizziness he can still reach out with his radar sense and other enhanced faculties. While his radar sense tracks the villains beating a hasty retreat, he doesn't need enhanced smell to pick up the odor of a fire, one that can only mean danger to others. "We can't lose the bad-guys, but we have to get these people to safety!" he yells, considerably louder than needed. "If you're mobile or you have guns, follow Carnage. If you have webs or can hold up a building, let's get to work!"  As soon as he says it he surrenders any care if anyone follows what he says.

Before the hero can consider his own wounds from his tussle with Shriek, he moves toward the stench of the fire. Sliding down his list of immediate priorities is working out why that crowd had turned into a riot in the first place.
The Watcher
 GM, 17 posts
Tue 31 Mar 2020
at 15:24
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Correction to last post: Tigra's Pounce SFX means the mob was reduced to 2d6, not 3d6. (But in either case it's now been turned into a d8 Scene Distinction in place of those d6's.)

The store-owner moves to one side, waving Daredevil over. "Thank God that crazy witch is gone. One minute me and Tito were checking on the store, next thing I know she shows up and the whole place goes crazy. I tried to find Tito but I couldn't see with all the smoke in my eyes! I know he's in there somewhere, we just gotta hurry!"

The idea here is you guys can target the Scene Distinctions, rolling against the doom pool + distinction to step back/eliminate them and in effect saving the civilians.

If you want to pursue the villains instead, you will use your roll vs. the doom pool plus the villains' appropriate dice. You can use the scene distinctions negatively to explain how things are hindering you as you pursue them.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:27, Tue 31 Mar 2020.

Doppelganger
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 1 Apr 2020
at 20:57
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Spider-Man doppelganger struggles furiously against the webs pinning it to the building facade. Slowly, its aggressive growling gives way to a keening whine as it watches its masters go. Unable to break free, it resigns itself to helplessly watching as they disappear.

"Motherrrr..." it croaks weakly. Amid the chaos in the streets, any hero within earshot might just as easily miss the sound coming from a couple stories above. Or they might look up to realize the spider-thing just talked!
The Watcher
 GM, 18 posts
Thu 2 Apr 2020
at 19:00
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The field is open for any hero to go next. As a friendly reminder, please try to let me know if you can't take your turn within 48hrs of the last player/Watcher action. (It's in the rules thread but I forgot to post it here, so my bad.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:01, Thu 02 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 3 posts
 PP: 0
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 11:19
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Domino, I intend to use the Milestones:
MUTANT MERC
1 XP when you discuss payment for a deed.
3 XP when you put aside money and safety to do something noble.
10 XP when you either take up a high paying position no matter the morality behind what you are paid to do, or find a calling that benefits others besides just yourself.

... OR A VIGILANTE?
You are going to put an end to this... no matter what it costs.
1 XP - when you call out an ally who you don't think has the stomach for the job that needs doing.
3 XP - when you abandon an ally or innocent bystander who needs your help in order to pursue a member of Carnage's Family.
10 XP - when you choose to take the life of a member of Carnage's Family or convince an ally to do so against his better judgement because it "needed to be done."

She's a badass Merc, and hardened vigilante, who will start by doing what needs to be done, then targeting the Scene Distinction 'Lingering Rioters'



From her rooftop position, Domino watched the scene play out below, with the Team running around like headless chickens.
Calling out to the SpiderFool below*, "Why can't you paragon types finish what you start, you gutless wonder",
              * tapping my Vigilante 1xp Milestone
the Hardened Merc allowed her Enhanced Reflexes and Combat Mastery to kick in as she casually spun her Guns around to point at the wall-webbed mimic, and let it spit out three of her best ...

Action: Put Doppelgänger out of our misery
d6:   Team (I assume we are all still having to use this)
d8:   Hardened Merc
d8:   Guns
~ SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
d10: Enhanced Reflexes
2d8: Combat Mastery

- rolled 4,4,5,5,2,7 using d6,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8.  Shoot Doppelgänger.
Total: 14
Effect: d8
and hoping that Doppelgänger can't move.


PP: 0
Exsp: +1

Next action: anyone

Doppelganger
 NPC, 4 posts
Fri 3 Apr 2020
at 22:05
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the spider-doppelganger struggles against its bonds, it suddenly notices a nearby hero taking aim from a neighboring rooftop. Doppelganger quickly extends its talons, sinking them into the thick coating of webbing and trying to pierce through.

Solo d10
Savage Spider d4 (Got itself into this mess)
Weapon d8
Combat Expert d8

14:26, Today: The Watcher, on behalf of Doppelganger, rolled 8,3,2,6 using d10,d4,d8,d8 ((8,3,2,6)).

Total: 14
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0
Doom Pool: 1d8, 2d6

Heroes win ties. Doppelganger takes d8 Physical stress. Stepping up 1d6 in the doom pool for Doppelganger's d4 Savage Spider distinction.


Before the beast can tear free, it lets out a piercing wail as Domino empties several bullets into its monstrous hide. The creature writhes in pain, helpless to dodge the assault or break free. It moans in pain, a pitiful sound more like that of a child than a monster. Drawing in harsh, ragged breaths, the strange beast attempts speech once again:

"Doppel... Help... Heroes..."

Its alien eyes dart around, desperately seeking any sign of pity from the group. Its hands grasp nervously at the site of its oozing wounds.

"Save... Grandfather..."

This message was last edited by the player at 22:35, Fri 03 Apr 2020.

Tigra
 player, 3 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 04:09
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra cursed under her breath when she saw Carnage and Shriek leave. She winced as she heard a piercing wail, and climbed up the side of a building onto a rooftop to minimize the sound. She followed it until she saw  Domino overlooking the scene at an adjacent roof. She jumps over and approaches Domino.

What the hell are Carnage and Shriek creating now? Are these real people they are turning into monsters?


“Umm...excuse me, Miss Mercenary? You look like you are helping citizens, and it looks like this strange monster child won’t be causing much trouble. Perhaps you and I would be more useful people by getting hold of Slimy and Shriek. Your guns, my magic and uh, less shooting into the open? I’m talking about a spell for Symbiote Seeking Bullets. No innocents harmed. All you would have to do is aim for a body part once we find them. I have faith everyone else here can handle themselves.”

Rolling against Doom Pool for magic asset Symbiote Seeking Bullets for Domino, paying plot point to last until the end of the scene.

“This guy here is nothing compared to the other two. We need to stop them.“

Team d10
Magic is Awesome d4 (overconfident)
Chosen Champion of the Cat People: Superhuman senses d10 (using senses to gather an idea of the location for carnage - hearing, smell to detect Carnage’s whereabouts for the spell)
Disciple of the Ancient One: Supreme Sorcery d10 (creating asset for Domino for Symbiote Seeking Bullets)
Mystic Master,  d10, converting master d10 to 2d8

21:00, Today: Tigra rolled 7,3,1,5,4,8 using d10,d4,d10,d10,d8,d8.


Total:20
Effect:d8
Opportunities: 1 opportunity

PP total: 2-1 (for creating asset until end of scene) -1 for adding additional dice + 1 for rolling d4 = 1.


Next:Daredevil
Need reaction from Doom Pool
The Watcher
 GM, 22 posts
Sun 5 Apr 2020
at 18:53
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Tigra begins to weave the spells needed to enchant Domino's bullets, a couple of the rioters still hanging around seem to take special notice of her. They watch with strange interest as she sniffs the air to obtain her enemy's location, matching the scent to the remaining sample of symbiote ooze that Carnage left behind.

"Yo, don't that tiger chick look familiar?"
"You mean like the tiger dude from TV?"
"No, dummy, look! She's dressed like that wizard fool!"
"I thought he got dusted by the purple guy? Hey, watch this!"
"Dude, what are you doing?! Don't-!"


Before the skinnier of the two can react, the larger one begins loudly mocking Tigra, apparently trying to disrupt her focus.

"Abra kadabra! Hocus pocus! Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!"

Lingering Rioters d8
1d8, 2d6 from the Doom Pool

11:11, Today: The Watcher rolled 9,2 using 2d8,2d6 ((1,8,1,1)).

Wow, what an awful roll...

Total: 8
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 3 (Available first to Tigra)

Tigra creates "Symbiote Seeking Bullets" asset for Domino. Extraordinary success steps up the asset twice from d8 to d12. Tigra's PP makes the asset last until the end of the next Action Scene.


Although the obnoxious fool yells and jeers at Tigra, the sorceress remains focused on her task. A few moments later, the necessary spells are complete.

Edit: I forgot to buy Tigra's opportunity before my roll. Buying it now to step up a d6 to a d8.

Doom pool: 2d8, 1d6
Next Action: Daredevil

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:52, Sun 05 Apr 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 8 posts
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 00:24
Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil swings over to the lingering rioters then lands near them with a thump, to make sure they know he's there. "Hey, fellas," he says, retracting his swingline and standing tall before them. "We have enough help here. Why don't you head home. You can find more Netflix to watch." He listens for their heartbeats, to track any danger they might throw down, if his presence isn't enough. He grips his billy club, ready for whatever they come back with.

Mental attack on Lingering Rioters:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear    d8
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Psych Expert    2d6

Daredevil rolled 5,6,8,5,5 using d6,d8,d10,d6,d6 ((5,6,8,5,5)).

Total: 11; Effect: d10 if a d10 Effect takes them out
or
Total: 13; Effect: d8 if a d8 Effect takes them out

PPs: 4(from msg #19)= 4

Next Action: Spider-Man

Domino
 player, 4 posts
 PP: 0
Mon 6 Apr 2020
at 09:58
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra:
“Umm...excuse me, Miss Mercenary? You look like you are helping citizens, and it looks like this strange monster child won’t be causing much trouble. Perhaps you and I would be more useful people by getting hold of Slimy and Shriek. Your guns, my magic and uh, less shooting into the open? I’m talking about a spell for Symbiote Seeking Bullets. No innocents harmed. All you would have to do is aim for a body part once we find them. I have faith everyone else here can handle themselves.”
The Watcher:
A few moments later, the necessary spells are complete.

Domino, looked at the Hogwarts looking chick a moment, unsure if the witch was taking the proverbial Mickey.
But came to the conclusion that maybe she wasn't.

Looking down at the 'webbed up' fool on the wall below, Domino shrugged, and held her pistol out towards Tigra ... not giving it to her, hell no, but so she could do  ... whatever that was she was doing.

When the young punks decided to 'man up', she turned and gave them an encouraging look:  encouraging them to "come over here and say that".
But the gutless morons didn't, no surprise.

And moments later, the queen of mojo finished up her flying swatting and mumbo jumbling.
It didn't feel like anything had happened to her, or her guns, so Domino was willing to just play along with whatever insanity the woman had.
"Sure, lets go kick some ass.  You know where limp-dick went?'

Hell, it was likely more fun than shooting this duck in a barrel on the wall down there.
Spider-Man
 player, 5 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 15:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man flexes against the webs restraining him, attempting to free himself.

Team d6
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Strength d10

09:08, Today: Spider-Man rolled 2,3,5 using d6,d8,d10 with rolls of 2,3,5.
Breaking out of Webbed-Up Complication.

Total: 8, Effect: d6

This message was last edited by the player at 15:07, Tue 07 Apr 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 24 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 18:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Sorry guys, I goofed up my reaction rolls by combining the dice together. DD, you won the roll. Spidey, my total was a few points higher but see the following post.

Lingering Rioters d4 (These ones aren't so tough)
2d8, 1d6 from the doom pool

09:21, Today: The Watcher rolled 4,10,6 using 1d4,2d8,1d6.  Lingering rioters' reaction to Daredevil's mental attack.

Total: 13
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0
Doom Pool: 28, 2d6

Daredevil wins. Lingering Rioters scene distinction is eliminated. Adding 1d6 to the doom pool for using the Lingering Rioters scene distinction negatively.


The lingering rioters back up a few steps as Daredevil approaches. Although they puff themselves up a bit, they seem more confused than defensive.

"Yo man, we was leavin' anyway. But ain't you guys gonna do somethin' 'bout the fire?"
"Yeah man, we was just stealin' some food from the deli. Some other crazy dude started the fire. Demo-gobbler or somethin' like that."
"Nah man, it was Dino-goblin!"
"What? Naw dude, you crazy."


They argue a bit with each other, but it's clear now they pose no further threat. Things seem to be calming down now that Carnage and Shriek are gone. The remaining rioters begin to lay down their weapons, looking around slowly as if waking from a bad dream. Though no one says much, they seem willing to listen to the heroes who have stepped up to take control of things.

Meanwhile, the deli owner clutches at his hair frantically. He looks desperately at each of the remaining heroes, trying to get their attention.

"Hey, what about my friend? Didn't you guys hear me say he's still in there?!"

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:14, Tue 07 Apr 2020.

Doppelganger
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 19:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
09:44, Today: The Watcher rolled 13,12 using 2d8,2d6.  Doom pool reaction vs. Spider-Man trying to break free of webs.

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Doom pool wins.


Although Spider-Man exerts his considerable might to try and tear through the webs that bind him, they hold strong. Worse, the more he struggles, the more the barbed edges dig into his suit. It seems the only way to get free is to wait for the material to dissolve on its own-- wasting precious time the heroes don't have!

Then, there is a sharp noise from above as the spider-doppelganger tears free of its bonds! In the blink of an eye, the creature springs down to the street, darting close to Spider-Man. It raises a clawed hand toward the hero, swiping its talons... And freeing Spider-Man from the webs!

"Doppel... Help... Spider..."

The sight of the monstrosity is unnerving, but it seems to be in pitiful shape. It labors to speak, wheezing in pain from its bullet wounds before continuing:

"Find... Father... Save... Grandfather..."

Spending 1d8 doom to remove Doppelganger's "Webbed Up" complication. Spider-Man's own "Webbed Up" complication is also removed.

**Haven't heard back from Iron Fist or Luke Cage in a while. Gonna turn it over to a different hero for now.

Next action: Domino
Doom pool: 1d8, 2d6

Domino
 player, 5 posts
 PP: 0
Tue 7 Apr 2020
at 22:37
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doppelganger:
Next action: Domino
Doom pool: 1d8, 2d6
Are we in a Suspense Scene now?  Because if so, I'd like to 'create a combat resource' for myself.
If not, I'd like  handballs the 'next action' off to Tigra (permitting her to have my turn, if necessary), as Domino is agreeing to follow the Sorceress' lead on finding Sybi-guts

The Watcher
 GM, 25 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 01:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
We're still in a Transition Scene right now, which is the perfect time to create a resource (eg. Connections, info, etc.) if that's what you want to do. As a reminder, it costs 1 PP and should be tied to one of your specialties (Expert resources are ranked at d6 and Master at d8.) Once created, it lasts until the next Transition Scene.

Buuuut, I just realized you have no PP's. You could still roll for another asset for yourself or someone else, or do a support action for Tigra.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:05, Wed 08 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 6 posts
 PP: 0
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 01:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Ok, please remind me how to do a Support Action for Tigra.
I don't have my books with me right now)

The Watcher
 GM, 26 posts
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 01:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Support actions are when you roll vs. the doom pool and if your total is higher, you give your effect die to an ally. If you fail the roll, the Watcher can spend their doom die to inflict a complication on them instead. (Fun!)
Domino
 player, 7 posts
 PP: 0
Wed 8 Apr 2020
at 01:58
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra:
“This guy here is nothing compared to the other two. We need to stop them.“

"Ok, sure", the gun-totting mercenary maniac said to the sorceress, "So how do you intend to find them, now they are gone?
Either way, my Guns are yours: what do you need me to do to help?
"

She wasn't exactly sure why she was doing this ... going after hardened criminal, Buddying up with this strange woman ... and WITHOUT PAYMENT.
But for some strange reason, it was what she was going to do.
                   3 XP when you put aside money and safety to do something noble.


I'm not sure WHAT I am supposed to roll vs the doom pool, as I have no idea what Tigra intends to do ... but lets give this a shot:

d10:  Buddy    (as it seems we two are buddying up to go after the bad guys)
d8:   Hardened Mercenary     (doing this is more fun than helping round up some idiot civilians)
d8:   Guns
d10: Combat Master      (but maybe her skills, and this woman's magic, could compliment each other)

- rolled 7,2,8,9 using d10,d8,d8,d10.
Total: 17
Effect: d10

PP: 0


Next Action: Tigra
The Watcher
 GM, 27 posts
Thu 9 Apr 2020
at 03:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
20:13, Today: The Watcher rolled 2,3,3 using 1d8,1d6,1d6 ((2,3,3)).

Total: 6
Effect: d8

Domino's extraordinary successes step up her effect die to d12 and creates a 2nd d6 asset.

After a brief conversation, Domino gets Tigra up to speed on the fighting styles of her opponents and their abilities. The hardened mercenary has clearly studied her targets and has an idea of what to expect during their next encounter.

Despite Carnage having a well-known reputation, Shriek is less easily understood. Even tapping all her extensive resources to drum up information on the villainess, Domino finds that the few hits on her in the usual databases contain little info on her powers or even her background. Unlike Kasady, who leaves a trail of chaos wherever he goes, the woman is an enigma.

It's not much to go on, but Domino and Tigra at least have a few leads now. With Tigra's superhuman senses and Domino's symbiote-tracking bullets, finding the killers shouldn't be too difficult. Having buddied up, the two are now ready to pursue their quarry anew.

Since it's an extraordinary success, you wind up with a d12 and a d6 as assets. We'll say the d12 represents your "Carnage File" and the d6 your "Shriek File." You can keep one for yourself and give the other to a teammate if you like.
Domino
 player, 8 posts
 PP: 0
Fri 10 Apr 2020
at 02:00
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Is it possible, please, to divide that extraordinary success into 'd10' (as rolled) and an additional 'd8'?
Instead of 'd12' and 'd6'.   That way, I can hand a substantial 'd8' off to Tigra ('d6' is such an irrelevant bonus), while keeping my rolled 'd10' Effect for myself?

The Watcher
 GM, 28 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 01:41
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Domino: No, but you can try to make Tigra a better asset on your next turn if you want. I want to emphasize that the d12 represents your "intel" on Carnage, which far exceeds the intel (d6) anyone has on Shriek. Also, keep in mind each asset is usable only against its corresponding enemy (d12 can be used when tracking/fighting Carnage and d6 can be used for the same against Shriek).
Tigra
 player, 5 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 03:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 46):

“OK, so I’m just trying to protect this city so these idiots don’t hurt the people. I’ve put a spell on your guns and bullets to go for Kasady, but you might want to rely more on your aim when we are within shooting distance than magic since I’m still pretty new at it. I appreciate you helping out.  What’s your deal with these guys?”

Tigra took a breath. Well, this wasn’t her typical team-up situation, but she knew in order to finish a mission successfully, trust had to be exchanged.

“I don’t usually tend to do this around other people, but this is a dire situation, so excuse the first impressions I'm going to see if I can track them.”

Tigra looks at the remaining goop, crouches next to it, closes her eyes and takes a BIG whiff - then gags.
Her fur bristled, she held on for a minute waiting for her superhuman powers to catch a scent.

Smelling goo to track Symbiote scent.


Buddy d6
Adventurous Sorceress d4 (inexperienced - never done this before)
Chosen Champion of the Cat People: Superhuman senses d10 (tracking scent)
Covert expert,  d8, converting expert d8to 2d6

20:05, Today: Tigra rolled 5,1,9,5,2 using d8,d4,d10,d6,d6.  Smelling goo to track Symbiote scent.

**Accidentally rolled d8 instead of a d6 for buddy - should I reroll?)**

Total:14
Effect:d6
Opportunities: 1 opportunity

PP total: 1+1 (for rolling d4) = 2

Milestone hit: Mystic Advisor: 1 XP when you offer advice to an ally (Rely on self, not on magic to Domino).

Next: Daredevil
Needs Reaction: Doom Pool

This message was last edited by the player at 03:26, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 30 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 05:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
20:49, Today: The Watcher rolled 4,6,1 using 1d8,1d6,1d6. Doom pool reaction to Tigra following Carnage's trail.

Total: 10
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Tigra)

Tigra wins, d6 effect die applied to new d8 scene distinction "Runaway Ooze." Remove scene distinction to obtain Carnage's complete location.


With the symbiote's rubbery scent filling her nostrils, Tigra soon sees the trail in her mind's eye. Her senses now point her in the right direction: down the alleyway and make a sharp left. From there, keep sniffing around and the way should become clear.

She knows every second they lose could mean another innocent life lost to Carnage-- or in Domino's case, increasing the chance another bounty hunter could move in on her target. But then the reddish ooze suddenly begins to recoil from Tigra, as if taking notice of her. Before their startled eyes, Tigra and Domino watch as the symbiote-blob slithers away at surprising speed, nearly disappearing down the alleyway!

We're gonna treat this as you guys entering a new scene separate from DD/Spidey. As soon as they're finished in their scene, they'll be free to use these new scene distinctions too.

Scene Distinctions
Brick Alleyways
Downed Power Lines
Runaway Ooze

@Tigra Since you went with the lower effect die, we won't worry about it. I also forgot to buy your opportunity before I rolled. Buying Tigra's opportunity to step up 1d6 in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 2d8, 1d6

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:09, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Demogoblin
 NPC, 2 posts
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 06:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the heroines watch the ooze skitter grotesquely away, attempting to use the shadows of the alleyway to its advantage, a pair of slitted eyes watch them from afar. Mad, shrieking laughter rings out from above and behind them, ricocheting off the walls of the alleyway.

"And now the hunters become the hunted! Run if you like, it makes no difference. No sinner on God's earth can escape the righteous wrath of Demogoblin!"

This message was last edited by the player at 06:11, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 12 Apr 2020
at 07:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Using the arrival of Demogoblin as a distraction, the blob of sentient Carnage-residue scuttles toward a group of figures at the far end of the alleyway. Hearing the chitters of the red blob at their feet, they regard it with what seems an almost protective air. As the trio of silhouettes step into a pool of light cast by a nearby lamppost, what seem initially like ordinary civilians are revealed to be utter monsters.

Each figure is engulfed from head to toe in inky-dark symbiote ooze. Their bone-white eyes narrow at the sight of the heroines, yet their mouths twitch into smiles of dagger-like teeth. Ambling toward Tigra and Domino, the monsters seem to take their time, as if they already have their prey right within their grasp.

Behind them the Carnage-blob gives a tiny screech of triumph, as if taunting its pursuers, before it hurries off into the night. And behind the heroines, Demogoblin draws ever nearer, swooping down toward them on a glider of pure flame!

This message was last edited by the player at 07:44, Sun 12 Apr 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 9 posts
Mon 13 Apr 2020
at 21:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil's heightened sense of smell picks up Spider-Man's unique scent, that singular, bodily musk mixed with cologne that might have been washed off days ago. "Spidey!" Daredevil calls to his frequent partner, in lieu of a greeting since there's no time. "The deli! There's still someone in there!" Though DD could find the other person in the building, Spidey is much closer, and time is of the essence!

Do you want to resolve Tigra & Domino's round before we switch back to me & Spidey?

And what are the rules about lending a die to a teammate's dice pool? What are the requirements of rolling for an Asset vs. using a Watcher Opportunity?

The Watcher
 GM, 31 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 01:57
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Daredevil We'll switch over to you and Spidey for now since Tigra/Domino already went in the turn order.

Re: assets/opportunities, we're going by the book. Assets are created by rolling against the doom pool and if successful, spending the effect die. You can lend support dice to an ally this way, as Tigra did for Domino.

Activating a Watcher opportunity in a Transition Scene (which we are still currently in until DD, Spidey, and Doppelganger go) lets you step up an asset you've just created or create a resource. Spending 1 PP makes an asset last until the end of the next Action Scene.

Hope that clarifies it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:05, Tue 14 Apr 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 10 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 21:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Spider-Man!" Daredevil calls to the Web-Head. "You've got to get in there and save that last person!" The horned hero turns toward the building and concentrates hard, searching with his hearing to find a sole heartbeat amidst the inferno's chaos. He quietly says a prayer that the advantage he gets from knowing the similarities in these buildings to those in Hell's Kitchen will be enough to find the last person and direct Spidey to him.

Create Location of Someone Trapped in Burning Building Asset (to give to Spider-Man):
Team    d6
Protector Of Hell’s Kitchen    d8
Hypersenses/Superhuman Senses    d10
Medical Expert    d8

Daredevil rolled 5,4,6,7 using d6,d8,d10,d8 ((5,4,6,7)).

Total: 12; Effect: d10

PPs: 4(starting; from msg #37)= 4



DD sets off toward the building at a full sprint, knowing Spider-Man will get there seconds sooner, long enough to make a difference. "I can guide you!" Daredevil then yells out the exact location in the building he picked up the last inhabitant, again secretly praying that it will be enough. He knows they have foes waiting in the wings ready to pounce, but without question, a life in danger takes priority.

Next Action: Spider-Man
The Watcher
 GM, 32 posts
Tue 14 Apr 2020
at 23:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Daredevil Per your reply to my PM, we'll add the 3rd die to your total for 1 PP, since I would have allowed you to use your Buddy die instead. That brings your total to 16.

15:04, Today: The Watcher rolled 8,7,4 using 1d8,1d8,1d6 ((8,7,4)).

Total: 15
Effect: d6

Daredevil wins. "Location of Someone Trapped in Burning Building" d10 Asset created for Spider-Man.


Daredevil strains to focus his senses through the sound of falling debris as the fire blazes through the building. Up on the 2nd floor (It just had be one of those fancy two-story delis, didn't it?) he can make out a faint, rapid heartbeat like that of a child. He quickly relays the information to Spidey-- time is of the essence!

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:36, Tue 14 Apr 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 6 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 09:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Freed from the barbed webs, Spider-Man looks to his twisted mirror image in front of him. The wall-crawler isn't quite sure what to make of his words.

"Grandfather? I didn't realize the family reunion was this weekend."

His eyes fall to the wounds inflicted upon the creature by Domino. Spider-Man can see the labored breathing and pain across Doppelganger's face.

This isn't right. We're supposed to be heroes. This doesn't make us any better than the murderous psychopaths we're here to stop. I can't let her add to the body count, villain or not.

Peter didn't know much about the being in front of him, but he would have to take this opportunity to see if he's truly as evil as the company he keeps. Has he just been a pawn manipulated by Carnage and Shriek?

"Thanks," Spider-Man starts, the tone in his voice noticeably dropping to a more serious note. "I promise that I'll help you find your...grandfather. But right now, we have to help the people here."

With spider-quick reflexes and a "Thwip!" from his practiced wrist, a webline is shot almost instinctively to a nearby flagpole. As the Webhead leaps into action, he calls back to Doppelganger.

"We can play 'Olsen Twins' when I get back. Right now, I've got to hurry!"

I hope I don't regret leaving him alone...

Spider-Man swings to the burning building that Daredevil is sprinting towards.

"I hear you, DeeDee. I'm on my way."

With several twists and flips as he releases his grip on the swingline, Spider-Man attempts to fly through a second floor window into the blaze and search for the civilian in trouble.

Leaping through window in search of civilian:

Buddy d10
That Building's On Fire! d4 + 1 PP
SPIDER-POWERS: Enhanced Reflexes d10
WEB-SLINGING: Swingline d8
Acrobatic Master d10
"Location of Someone Trapped in Burning Building" Asset d10

04:35, Today: Spider-Man rolled 6,4,4,2,6,7 using d10,d4,d10,d8,d10,d10.

Using 1 PP to add an extra die to total

Total: 19, Effect: d10


1 PP remaining
Next Action: I'm not sure if this is the end of the action order. If not, Doppelganger or another Watcher character. If this is the start of a new action order, then Tigra.

The Watcher
 GM, 33 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 22:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doom pool: 2d8, 1d6
Scene Distinction: "That Building's On Fire!" 1d8

12:09, Today: The Watcher rolled 8,8,6,3 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d6.  Doom pool reaction to Spider-Man attempting to locate trapped civilian.

Total: 16
Effect: d8

Spidey wins. "That Building's On Fire!" d8 scene distinction eliminated.


Spider-Man crashes through the second-floor window of the deli, emerging from a somersault to stand in the center of the room. His Spider-Sense is going off like crazy as he takes in the sight of flames in all directions. Black smoke is already blurring his vision as he searches the room. Meanwhile, his nostrils fill with the delicious smell of cooking meat from the lower level, lending a surreal air to the fiery horror all around him. As he scans the room, searching under tables, chairs, and the odd piles of collapsed ceiling that have fallen to the floor, there is no sign of anyone in danger. Then, there comes a sudden noise from behind him-- a child-like whimper from behind a closet door! As he goes to investigate, prepared for anything, the door slowly creaks open to reveal...

A tiny Chihuahua with a bit of smoked sausage in its mouth. A thin collar around its neck bears a small name tag:

"TITO"

Outside, a siren blares as a fire engine rolls up to the scene. Huge jets of water spray into the room, putting out the fires (and getting Spidey's feet wet). All that remains is to clear the building and get Tito back to his owner.

But not far from the scene of the heroic rescue, a sickly-looking figure watches in silent disgust. His eyes narrow as he plots his next move...

Next Action: Doppelganger

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:36, Wed 15 Apr 2020.

Doppelganger
 NPC, 6 posts
Wed 15 Apr 2020
at 23:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doppelganger watches and waits as Spider-Man heads into the burning building. Though it takes several steps after him, it hesitates when it sees the glowing flames. Before it can overcome its natural fear of fire, the rescue is over, and Doppelganger turns its head as a voice calls to it:

"Simpering beast, you weren't supposed to let Spider-Man go! My revenge was at hand! He was right there in our grasp!"

Approaching is a thin, skeletal man with pale, greenish skin. His mostly bare body is clad in faded, purplish rags. He regards Doppelganger with a cold disgust.

"No wonder Father Carnage and Mother Shriek abandoned you," he snarls. "Begone, you traitorous vermin, or I shall kill you myself! So speaks Carrion!"

Seemingly conflicted, Doppelganger looks from Spider-Man back to the strange man who apparently is its master. It lets out a whine of defeat, apparently in some kind of inner turmoil. Lowering its head in submission, the beast turns and flees!

"No matter, I'll do it myself," Carrion hisses, watching Doppelganger go. He turns to Daredevil, who stands nearby. "I don't suppose you intend to get in my way, devil. But then, of course you do. You "heroes" are always so quick to protect one of you own. Even a slippery bit of scum like Spider-Man."

He appears to notice the large amount of debris strewn nearby-- wreckage from the riots and the deli fire.

"That dumb beast is going to help me whether it meant to or not," he smirks. He extends his hands, and suddenly the discarded bits of barbed webbing float into the air toward him. He grabs hold of a length of webbing several feet long, wrapping one end around a chunk of loose concrete and fashioning it into a crude flail. He gives the weapon a test swing.

"Now, let me give you a proper introduction to the Carnage Family," he says to Daredevil. From the mouth of the nearby alleyway, several symbiote-covered citizens step forth into the light to stand behind Carrion. "Once you're out of the way, Spider-Man and I have some catching up to do."

Rather than make a roll, Doppelganger's action this turn is to lend Carrion one of his support dice for his next action. Doppelganger's Weapon d8 added to Carrion's next roll. Symbiote Monsters 3d8 added to the scene.

Next Action: Demogoblin

Demogoblin
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 02:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Demogoblin tears through the air on his flaming glider, swooping in low enough that the heroines can feel its terrible heat. The twisted rider of the strange device is a vision of terror as he comes screaming toward them, a gleaming, circular object clutched in one raised hand.

"Mercenary, did you really think you could hide from your sins? After gunning down innocents in cold blood?! And YOU, feline, call her your friend? You are no sorceress but a demon! Have a taste of the fires that await you back in hell!"

Without wasting another moment, he hurls the sphere in his hand directly at the two!

Team d8
Kill All "Sinners" d8
Superhuman Strength d10
Pumpkin Bombs d10
Combat Expert d8

18:55, Today: Demogoblin rolled 5,8,8,6,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d10,1d10,d8((5,8,8,6,6)).

(I forgot to add the d6 for Area Attack.)

18:57, Today: Demogoblin rolled 1 using 1d6 ((1)).

Spending d8 doom to add the d8 that rolled 6 to the total.

Total: 22
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1
Doom Pool: 1d8, 1d6

Reactions Needed: Domino/Tigra
Next Action: Tigra

This message was last edited by the player at 02:58, Thu 16 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 11 posts
 PP: 0
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 08:51
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino, seeing the incoming ball of flame, spun.  She was a Hardened Mercenary with her current Buddy by her side, and felt confident that her Superhuman Reflexes and Combat experiences could get her out of harms way.

Extending her extendable Staff with alacrity, she attempted to pole vault over (and behind) the nearest dumpster; using it for cover from the fiery assault.


Reaction to Demogoblin's {total 22} attack
d10  Buddy
d8 Hardened Mercenary
d6 Staff
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Combat Master

- rolled 3,2,5,8,9 using d10,d4,d6,d10,d10

Total: 17
Effect: d10


But, it appeared, things didn't go well for our Femme Fatale.
The Watcher
 GM, 34 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 16:16
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Demogoblin's extraordinary success steps up his d10 effect die. Domino takes d12 Physical Stress.

With her quick thinking and even quicker reflexes, Domino moves to escape what is surely about to be a fiery doom. Planting her staff against the ground, she moves up and away, heading toward cover with blinding speed. She is nearly clear...

And then the Demogoblin's pumpkin bomb explodes, and everything goes white! Only Domino's luck makes the final bit of difference in saving her hide as white-hot fire engulfs the alleyway. The shockwave of heat strikes Domino painfully, knocking her to the pavement. Blinded by the light, she cannot see what has happened to Tigra in the ensuing chaos.
Moon Knight
 player, 2 posts
Thu 16 Apr 2020
at 17:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In the sudden flash of light the building above goes from having four gargoyles to having five.

This is none of your concern, Marc Spector, said the voice in his head. The voice, hah! A voice. There were always several of those.

Stuff it, Konshu, he thought in return. Where there are explosions, there's usually a need for vengeance.

Konshu had no easy response to that, and fell into sullen silence. Far back in his head Jake laughed, and they all ignored him.

Isn't that Tigra down there? Stephen asked. We liked her.

Marc only dimly remembered his time with the West Coast Avengers. Had he been romantically involved with Tigra? That was a couple of resurrections ago, and he wasn't the same person people he used to be. He'd grown since then. Grown more violent, more deadly, and (to hear some tell it) he'd grown significantly more 'bat-crap crazy' in the years since then. Romantic involvements seemed laughably impossible now.

Quiet, all of you.
The Watcher
 GM, 38 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 01:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the firefighters get to work putting out the blazes, Iron Fist kneels next to the injured elderly couple. He seems to be trying to heal the old man's wounds, but as he tries to focus, no glow of chi shines from his hands.

It's no use," he says to Luke, "My chi is all out of whack from whatever that freaky lady hit me with."

"Let the pros handle it," Luke replies as an EMT walks into the alley and begins tending to the elderly pair. "That dragon-power of yours is good for a lot, but it's no replacement for modern-"

Before the hero of Harlem can finish, a symbiotic tendril shoots out from the nearby alleyway and drags him away. As Iron Fist looks around in surprise, he too finds a strange limb pulling him away into the dark!

"Injured Civilians" d8 scene distinction removed from Daredevil/Spider-Man's scene. Iron Fist and Luke Cage removed from the turn order.

As their players haven't been active in a while, we'll remove these two from the action for now.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:20, Sat 18 Apr 2020.

Tigra
 player, 7 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 02:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Demogoblin (msg # 62):

The Carnage scent was so strong, but the little Carnage-blob had to do what it did best…

“That little...augh! Should have made sure it was clear. Great, more citizens involved in this. I think we should-”
Tigra and Domino were coming up closer to the symbiote monsters, but Demogoblin’s voice filled the air.
Tigra became enraged.Now was not the time to let her fury take over, but things are becoming a little overwhelming. Now WHAT?

“BEGONE, DEMOGOBLIN! Your self-proclaimed righteousness will lead you back to Limbo. You will NEVER be saved.”

Tigra saw Domino head behind a nearby dumpster and followed suit, jumping over debris and attempting to dodge the pumpkins coming their way. Maybe this way she could find a hiding spot to retaliate from the shadows. Haha, the shadows...guess the guy's not too far off by saying he'll send me to hell.I wish I remembered more about him, but Wong had to make those Important Mystical Villains class so BORING.I do hope my partner is doing all right. The symbiote monsters and ooze will have to wait this one out.

Buddy d6
Runaway ooze (d4, distracted about losing track of it)
Superhuman Reflexes d10 (dodging the pumpkin attack)
Mystic Resistance d8 (resistance against pumpkin bombs)
Acrobatics Master d10, converting to 2d8


18:35, Today: Tigra rolled 4,1,6,3,8,7 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d8,d8.  Dodging Demogoblin's pumpkin attack.

Using SFX: Pounce. On a successful reaction against a physical attack, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost. Spend 1 PP to step it up.

Total:7+8, paying two PP to add additional dice 6+4 =  25
Effect:d8, don't have anymore PP to spend so no stepping up on Pounce. I did get Demogoblin, so I returned the pumpkins aimed at me back to his face for a d8 physical damage.
Opportunities: 1 opportunity

PP total: 2 - 2 (for adding 2 additional dice), gained 1 PP for using d4, total now being 1.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:45, Sat 18 Apr 2020.

Tigra
 player, 8 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 03:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 67):

A pissed off Tigra, hiding from the shadows of the dumpster searches the ground for trash bags or other junk. She flings the bags using her enhanced strength, aiming for Demogoblin’s face. The only thing she could think of at the moment was to use her magic to transmute the trash into a motorcycle trash helmet over Demogoblin’s head to buy time to find Domino.


Buddy d6
Adventurous sorceress d8 (self-explanatory)
Enhanced Strength d8
Transmutation d8
Combat d8
Demogoblin’s physical stress d8


20:05, Today: Tigra rolled 3,2,5,8,4,8 using d6,d8,d8,d8,d8,d8.  Rolling to create Motorcycle Trash Helmet Complication for Demogoblin.

Total:16
Effect:d8,
Opportunities: 0

PP total:1

Next Action: Moon Knight
Need Reaction: Demogoblin

Demogoblin
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 04:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"That's right! Demogoblin cackles. "Hide amongst the filth like the sinners you are! You can't escape your fate!"

Seeing one heroine nearly struck down by his attack-- the dumpster she sought shelter behind knocked onto its side from the explosion-- Demogoblin moves in on his next target. As he hurls another pumpkin bomb, however, Tigra takes the opportunity to whip it right back at him! He puts his glider in reverse-- too late, as the bomb detonates just feet away from his face!

Demogoblin takes d8 Physical Stress from Tigra's reaction.

He staggers back, nearly falling from the glider, but recovers just in time. His eyes seared by the heat, he barely makes out the sight of the sorceress levitating the strewn-out dumpster garbage directly towards his head!

Team d8
Destructive Demon d4 (Engaging in reckless violence)
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Subsonic Flight d8
Combat Expert d8

20:37, Today: Demogoblin rolled 5,1,7,2,4 using 1d8,1d4,1d8,1d8,1d8 ((5,1,7,2,4)).

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1
Doom Pool: 2d8

Tigra wins. Demogoblin takes "Motorcycle Trash Helmet" d8 complication. 1d6 in doom pool stepped up via Demogoblin's "Destructive  Demon" d4 distinction.

Demogoblin opens his mouth to chastise the heroines again, but his self-righteous oaths are muffled by the sudden barrage of garbage hitting his face, molded by Tigra's magic into the shape of a crude helmet.
Moon Knight
 player, 3 posts
Sat 18 Apr 2020
at 14:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
That was an excellent opening for Moon Knight to act. He still didn't know exactly what was going on, but he knew Tigra from their brief time together in the West Coast Avengers, and he trusted that she was on the right side of the fight, whatever it was. Now with her opponent blinded by garbage (and when did she learn that trick?) Moon Knight dove from his high perch in order to lend a hand... or, more accurately, a foot.

Acting solo, the Fist of Khonshu used his glider cape to deliver him into battle. Using his Enhanced Strength and skills as a Combat Master, he planted a foot in the back of the Demogoblin's head. This was surely helped by Demogoblin's Physical Stress and the "Motorcycle Trash Helmet" Tigra placed on him.


Solo d10
Fist of Khonshu d8
Glider Cape d6
Enhanced Strength d8
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 5,4,3,4,8 using d10,d8,d6,d8,d10 ((5,4,3,4,8)).

...adding...

Physical Stress d8
Motorcycle Trash Helmet d8

Moon Knight rolled 2,4 using d8,d8 ((2,4)).

Total: 9
Effect Die: d10
Opportunities: 0

PP total:1

Next Action: Tigra


(I hope I've done this correctly.)

This message was last edited by the player at 19:05, Sat 18 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 13 posts
 PP: 0
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 01:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino tried to recover her senses and wits, as she lay on some hard, uncomfortable ground ... her body bent over something that left her torso and head hanging downwards.

'Whaaaaa' she tried to think, her head spinning and pain rippling through her entire body.

'Get UP' some distant part of her soul screamed at her, 'Get UP and fight, damn it'
The Watcher
 GM, 39 posts
Sun 19 Apr 2020
at 17:40
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spending 1d8 doom to remove the "Motorcycle Trash Helmet" as much as I love it. :P

Paying Tigra 1 PP to keep the spent d8 in the doom pool.


Demogoblin writhes atop his glider, his vision cut off by Tigra's garbage assault. He claws at the mask with his goblin-like hands, conjuring hellfire to burn away the debris only moments after it forms. Freed, he turns his gaze upon the sorceress, rage in his eyes. But before he can say or do anything, he is struck from behind by a new attacker!

Team d8
Kill All "Sinners" d4 (He's getting angry)
Superhuman Durability d10
Subsonic Flight d8
Acrobatic Expert d8

10:15, Today: Demogoblin rolled 4,2,6,4,2 using 1d8,1d4,1d10,1d8,1d8 ((4,2,6,4,2)).

Total: 10
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Demogoblin wins. No stress taken. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool via Demogoblin's "Kill All 'Sinners'" d4 distinction.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8

Moon Knight's kick takes Demogoblin by surprise, knocking him forward, but he rolls with the blow and executes a midair flip that plants him right back on the glider. He turns to see his new attacker, appearing to recognize him.

"The Moon Knight, eh? Still worshipping that sinful idol of yours, no doubt. How fortunate of you sinners to congregate where I can send you all to hell at once!"

As the villain greets the new arrival, Domino sees she has an opening. But can she move quickly enough to take advantage of it?

@Moon Knight We'll turn it over to Domino since Tigra has already gone in the turn order. After her, the 3d8 Symbiote Monsters still need to go.

Next Action: Domino

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:03, Sun 19 Apr 2020.

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 15:13
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The garbage fire raging in the alleyway burns bright, bathing the combatants in its fiery glow. The symbiote-bonded rioters are blocking one end of the alleyway, yet not advancing on the heroes. They hang back, occasionally stepping towards the fire between them and the heroes, only to leap back with a screech of alarm.

Then one of them plants a clawed hand against the wall, appearing to notice the way its oozing palm adheres to the brick. Then it gets a foot up, and slowly begins climbing its way up the surface. One by one, the others follow suit, crawling up the walls and angling toward the heroes!

Team 3d8
Pawns of Carnage d4 (Not used to their powers)
Swarm d8
Wall-Crawling d6

08:02, Today: Symbiote Monsters rolled 7,5,1,1,7,3 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d4,1d8,1d6 ((7,5,1,1,7,3)). Symbiote Monsters attempting to increase the doom pool by moving in on Domino, MK, and Tigra.

Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool via the Symbiote Monsters' "Pawns of Carnage" d4 distinction.

Total: 14
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 2 (Available to any of the 3)
Doom Pool: 2d10

Any one hero in this scene (Domino/Moon Knight/Tigra) can make a reaction roll against the Symbiote Monsters to try and prevent them from sending their effect die into the doom pool. Use any applicable dice to narrate how your action is impeding their progress.

Next Action: Domino

This message was last edited by the player at 15:32, Wed 22 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 14 posts
 PP: 0
Wed 22 Apr 2020
at 20:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino forced herself to stumble to her feet ... her natural, trained instincts reaching for her guns, as her eyes took in the burning carnage* about her.

Sensing the threat to her Team, rather than seeing the actual shadowy forms creeping up the walls at the alley mouth, her Superhuman Reflexes kicked in.
The Femme Fatale raised her Guns and released several rounds in their direction to Sweep the Room proverbially.

She hoped to give them pause, and driving them backwards away from the current combat scene.



Action: make a reaction roll against the Symbiote Monsters to try and prevent them from sending their effect die into the doom pool (Total 14)
d6   Team
d8   Femme Fatale
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d8   Guns
SFX: Roomsweeper. Against multiple targets in an action including Staff, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
d10 Combat Master

- rolled rolled 2,8,10,5,4,2,6 using d6,d8,d10,d8,d10,d6,d6  .... keeping 4d
Total:  29
Effect: d10



PP=0

Next Action: Tigra


* Pity that isn't 'burning Carnage' eh!
Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 01:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Hearing Domino's spray of gunfire, the symbiote-ridden rioters hang back, screeching in fear as the bullets ricochet off the brick alley walls. The blast seems less a direct assault and more a warning, with the message clear: get the @#$& back! For now, the mercenary has bought herself and her companions some time to decide their next move.

Domino wins with 15 total (see my message). Mob fails to increase the doom pool.

@Domino As Tigra has already gone and you were reacting to the mob, you still have a chance to take an action in the turn order.

Domino
 player, 15 posts
 PP: 0
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 04:26
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Satisfied with the carnage she'd present to the symbiotic sycophants, she spun with Superhuman Reflexes and turned her attention to the bastard who'd just given her the mother of all headaches.

"Hey, freakshow, Now It's My Turn", the Hardened Mercenary squeezed the trigger of her Guns to send a bunch of bullets Full Auto in his direction.
Screw him if he thought he was going to BBQ her Team.


Action:  shoot the loudmouth, flying motherfreaker
d6  Team
d8  Hardened Merc
SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
2d8  Guns
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
2d8 Combat Master

Yeah, I figured it was time for a crap roll ...
- rolled rolled 2,3,5,8,4,2,6 using d6,d8,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8.
Total   = 15
Effect = d10


PP = still 0

Next = still Tigra

Demogoblin
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 15:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Demogoblin whirls atop his glider at the sound of Domino's threat. Seeing her raise the guns, he stomps one foot hard on the glider, causing the front end to tilt up and back. The villain then ducks for cover, using his ride as a makeshift shield!

Team d8
Destructive Demon d4 (Forced to play defense)
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Subsonic Flight d8
Combat Expert d8
1 d10 added from the doom pool

06:54, Today: Demogoblin rolled 8,1,7,3,2,4 using 1d8,1d4,1d81d8,1d8,1d10 ((8,1,7,3,2,4)).

Spending remaining d10 doom die to add 3 dice to the total. Paying Domino 2 PP to keep both dice in the doom pool. Stepping up 1 doom die via Demogoblin's "Destructive Demon" d4 distinction.

Total: 18
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)
Doom Pool: 1d12, 1d10

As Demogoblin hunkers down behind the glider, the visage of a demon becomes visible in the center of the flaming instrument, opening its jaws to swallow the bullets whole! When the strange "beast" has finished its meal, it gives a roar that shakes the alley, and the flames surrounding the glider begin burning even brighter!

"Such profane weapons have no place in the battle between heaven and hell," Demogoblin hisses. "Our warfare is conducted in the battlegrounds of the spirit!"

He reaches behind his billowing cloak to produce what looks like another pumpkin bomb. This one is not fiery orange like the last, but a deep black, and the sight of it fills one with a strange dread!

Edit: I forgot to roll Domino's d12 of stress in my reaction pool. Rather than redo my whole post, we'll just chalk it up to your luckiness and call this one a freebie. :P

Next Action: Daredevil

This message was last edited by the player at 16:33, Thu 23 Apr 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 45 posts
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 15:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Flanked by his symbiotic "family members," Carrion advances on Daredevil, swinging the makeshift weapon in a wide, circular arc over his head. At any moment, he seems ready to let it fly straight at the blind hero!

New Scene Distinctions for DD/Spidey:

Rescue Vehicles
Blanket of Ashes
Burned Deli Meat

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:53, Thu 23 Apr 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 13 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Thu 23 Apr 2020
at 21:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil takes a step back and takes in the scene with his radar sense. He tracks his environment and quickly takes note of escape routes and how much room he has in case this skirmish turns into a super-power-fueled brawl.

Soon, Carrion is advancing on the hero and DD turns his attention to this new and most immediate threat. If he can keep him busy, that may be enough for Spider-Man to help sort out the chaos around them.

DD's brow furrows, as he focuses on the bodily signs coming from his foe: hearing whatever internal processes are keeping him going, smelling the rank corrosion of his form, tasting the fetid decay, feeling the corpse's chill even from this distance. "Easy, now," the horned hero says evenly. "Why don't we back off and talk this through before both of us are dead?" Trying to talk sense to a madman never works but it could give DD a moment to get a reading on Carrion's vitals and find a vulnerable point if and when it becomes needed.

To create Back Down Carrion Complication:
Buddy    d8
Man Without Fear (this never works)    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12* (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Hypersenses/Superhuman Senses (power stunt: focusing all senses)    d8
(-1 PP)
Psych Expert    2d6

DD rolled 4,2,7,4,1,2 using d8,d4,d12,d8,d6,d6.
Radar Sense SFX Reroll: DD rolled Daredevil rolled 7,4,6,3,4,5 using d8,d4,d12,d8,d6,d6 ((7,4,6,3,4,5)).
-1 PP

-1 PP to add third die to Total

Total: 16; Effect: d8, d12

Spend 1 PP to create Sense Carrion Weak Spot Asset d12 with extra Effect die

PPs: 4 (starting; from msg #37) +1(negative Distinction) -1(Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses) -1(power stunt) -1(Radar Sense reroll) -1(extra die to Total) -1(extra Effect die)= 0

Next Action: Carrion

Carrion
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 01:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Team d8
Vendetta Against Spider-Man d4 (Clouding his sense of reason)
Telepathy d6
d12 added from the doom pool

17:58, Today: Carrion rolled 1,4,5,6 using 1d8,1d4,1d6,1d12 ((1,4,5,6)). Carrion reacting to Daredevil attempting to create Back Down Carrion and Sense Carrion Weak Spot.

Total: 11
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Daredevil)

Extraordinary success steps up Daredevil's d8 effect die. Daredevil creates a "Back Off Carrion" stepped-up asset (d10) and "Sense Carrion Weak Spot" asset (d12). Paying Daredevil 1 PP to keep the spent d12 in the doom pool (DD gains 1 XP). Stepping up 1d10 in the doom pool via Carrion's "Vendetta Against Spider-Man" distinction.

Doom Pool: 2d12

Carrion stops in his tracks as Daredevil approaches, folding his bony arms across his pale chest. Before the horned vigilante has even opened his mouth, the villain cocks his head, eyes closed as though he is listening to some faraway sound. He smiles wryly, as if he has just heard a good joke, and then Daredevil begins to speak. One can't help but sense the timing of his reaction is uncanny, as though he has already read the hero's thoughts before the words have even left his mouth. Nevertheless, he waits until Daredevil finishes speaking before he gives his reply:

"Talk?" Carrion snorts, "Why, I'd be happy to! Let me tell you about a so-called 'hero' who stole my research grant while we were grad students at ESU. Yes, it was right around the time he set me up to be exposed to the virus that turned me into this walking corpse. Imagine feeling your blood turn to ice and your heart stop in your chest; your skin rotting off your bones as you scream, only for your mouth to fill with the dust of your own dissolving insides! Imagine looking in the mirror* every day to see death itself staring back at you!"

He seems to be looking not at Daredevil as he speaks, but at the part of the building Spider-Man disappeared into.

"Do you see, then, why I am far past the point of 'talking this through?'" Carrion continues. "If you truly wish to avoid violence, how about handing over Spider-Man so he can face my justice?"

He drops his hands, the weapon he holds coming to rest at his feet. But as DD's senses track his vitals, it becomes clear he has not calmed down, and his lean muscles are tensed for a possible attack coming at any moment!

"And I have no fear of 'ending up dead' either," Carrion finishes, an almost somber note in his voice. Daredevil begins to get the sense the villain does not truly want to fight, but simply believes a conflict is inevitable, much as he does. "Whether I like it or not, I already am the very embodiment of death."

As if to illustrate his point, a fly suddenly lands on Carrion's exposed shoulder. Instantly, the creature recoils as if burned, but as it flies off it crumbles to dust in mid-flight! Reaching out with his senses, however, Daredevil realizes the webbing in Carrion's hands has not decayed one bit. Quickly, he deduces the likeliest reason: Carrion's apparent death-touch only affects living things!

Armed with this knowledge, the blind hero prepares himself for whatever comes next...

Next Action: Spider-Man

*I know DD can't see his own reflection but Carrion wouldn't know that. See, I didn't forget DD is blind... this time. :P

This message was last edited by the player at 01:14, Fri 24 Apr 2020.

Carrion
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 15:27
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
It's too perfect that I would forget to post my villains' action after making a post in the OOC thread about not confusing reactions for actions. Anyway, here we go. :P

Carrion's words make it clear that his grudge against Spider-Man won't be easily forgiven. Worse, his account of the origins of this apparent "feud" carries an important reminder: Carrion is aware of Spider-Man's dual identities. Daredevil remembers a choice the web-head made long ago. It is one that he's still paying the price for to this day: unmasking himself on live TV before a shocked nation! With madmen like Carrion on the loose who know Spider-Man's name and face, it's all too possible Peter's loved ones could soon be in danger, and with that realization, the stakes grow ever higher!

Carrion seems to be focusing, his eyes closed and brow furrowed. After a moment, he gives a satisfied grin. Unbeknownst to anyone, his telepathy has beamed a startling realization into Spider-Man's head!

"It's done," Carrion grins. "I wasn't sure he could hear me over there amidst all his "heroics," but thanks to a little trick of mine, that web-slinging fool knows just what I want him to know."

The only question is, how will Spider-Man handle the knowledge that Carrion knows how best to hurt him? That he could even know the names and faces of his closest friends and family? Can the web-head endure that kind of emotional stress?

Team d8
Vendetta Against Spider-Man d8 (Exploiting Spidey's weakness intelligently)
Telepathy d6
Menace d8
d12 added from the doom pool

08:18, Today: Carrion rolled 1,5,3,6,1 using 1d8,1d8,1d6,1d8,1d12 ((1,5,3,6,1)).

Total: 11
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Paying Spider-Man 1 PP to keep the spent d12 on the doom pool (Spidey gains 1 XP for having a d12 doom die used against him).

Doom pool: 2d12

Aaand a crap roll takes all the wind out of my villain's sails. Coulda seen that coming. :P

Reaction Needed: Spider-Man
Next Action: Spider-Man

This message was last edited by the player at 15:37, Fri 24 Apr 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 9 posts
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 18:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 60):

"Tito, huh? Well, you're not who I was expecting. Come on, little guy. Let's get you out of here."

Spider-Man scoops up the Chihuahua and turns back to the window that he had just crashed through. He looks out, readying his escape and the whereabouts of Tito's owner. As he is about to exit, his Spider-Senses start to hum in the back of his skull. Spidey's eyes are almost instinctively directed towards the sickly figure of Carrion.

"Carrion...this can't be good. This guy's dangerous, Tito. And not all there in the head, either. Definitely not my favorite New Yorker."

Spider-Man catches the end of Carrion's monologue to Daredevil (they always monologue, don't they?), and knows that the two of them will need a way to stop the villain without letting him get too close.

With seemingly little effort, Spider-Man front flips out of the window, clutching Tito and his smoked sausage against his chest. As his body clears the building, the hero's arm reaches out and "Thwips" a swingline to a nearby building. The swing is wide, and allows Spidey the perfect trajectory to swoop in near the pet's owner and deposit the canine into their arms safely.

"Take care of your owner, Tito! Treat yourself to a biscuit later. You've earned it."

In reply to Carrion (msg # 80):

Following up on the swing near Tito's owner, Spider-Man uses the momentum to gain some height. He displays his superhuman athleticism again with more effortless twists, turns, and flips as he gains air and releases the swingline. While still airborne, He calls out to Daredevil.

"DD! Carrion can disintegrate organic matter with a touch! Don't let him get close!"

In reply to Carrion (msg # 81):

Carrion has been a thorn in Spider-Man's side for a while, going back to a mess between his not-so-secret-anymore identity as Peter Parker and his old professor Miles Warren. Warren used the clones of Gwen Stacy—the woman Peter had loved—as well as creating clones of Spider-Man himself that he used to torment his life. Carrion was a nasty, convoluted byproduct of the nightmare that Peter wish he could forget. Knowing that Carrion and every other villain had the knowledge of Spider-Man's true identity, it sent shivers down the Web-Swingers spine. It sends a flurry of terrifying thoughts through the tangled web of Spider-Man's mind.

What if they go after my loved ones? What if I can't protect them? What if I lose them like I lost Mary Jane. Aunt May...

No. No, I can't think like this. I don't know if it was the right decision, but I can't let it stop me now. I can't let him get in my head. For Mary Jane. For Gwen. For all those that I've lost, with or without a secret identity. I have to push through and protect this city. I have to make sure that Carrion doesn't hurt anyone here. I can't let anyone else lose someone today.


Reaction roll to Carrion's emotional attack
Buddy d10
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d4 + 1 PP (Spider-Man is feeling the weight of his decision to unmask)
Psych Expert d8
Steel Resolve d10 Stunt (Spending 1 PP to activate the Watcher's opportunity to upgrade d8 stunt to d10. Spider-Man is distraught at the thought of his friends and family being attacked, but he's using that as determination to help the civilians here. He can't give up now!)

13:04, Today: Spider-Man rolled 7,4,7,1 using d10,d4,d8,d10.

Total: 11
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (+1 PP)

Heroes win ties. Spider-Man is barely able to stave off the dread he's feeling, but he presses on.


Still high above the streets of New York from his previous web swinging, both of Spider-Man's web shooters train onto Carrion and fire out impacted webbing.

"You want me, Carrion? Here I am! Let's get you dressed up nice and tight for Ravencroft."

Webbed-Up Complication on Carrion
Buddy d10
Wisecracker d8
SPIDER-POWERS Superhuman Reflexes d10
WEB-SLINGING Weapon d8
SFX: Grapple. Add d6 and step up effect die by +1 when inflicting a web-related complication on a target.
Combat Expert d8

13:12, Today: Spider-Man rolled 3,8,1,8,1,5 using d10,d8,d10,d8,d6,d8.

Spending 1 PP to add extra dice to total.

Total: 21
Effect: d12 (d10 effect die, step up with SFX: Grapple)
Opportunities: 2 (+2 PP)


Spider-Man finally lands near Daredevil.

"I'm back. Did you miss me? By the way, I'm suddenly craving tacos for some reason. Let's hit up some terrible Mexican restaurant after all of the rioting and mayhem stop. I know a terrible place on 3rd Avenue. It'll be perfect."

Although Spider-Man cracks jokes towards Daredevil, his gaze keep on Carrion. His body stays tense and ready to react to whatever other terrible surprises the night may bring.

DEADLY FOES OF SPIDER-MAN
1 XP when you declare a villain as an old foe

1 XP d12 doom die used against Spider-Man

4 PP remaining
Opportunities rolled: 3
Activated 1 Watcher opportunity, 1 remaining
Next action: Symbiote Monsters 3d8


Daredevil
 player, 15 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Fri 24 Apr 2020
at 22:26
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hmph," Daredevil says, as if Spider-Man interrupted his action before he posted it.

DD flexes the muscles in his hands to get the blood flowing then turns toward the other spot of danger. "Next stop: the other symbiotes?"
Carrion
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 03:57
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Buying Spider-Man's 3 opportunities for 1 PP to add a stepped-up d10 to the doom pool.

"I can read your thoughts, Spider-Man! And as usual, you think of yourself before all else!" Carrion seethes. "But you are not the only one who has known loss. And now that Mother Shriek has taken me in-- tasked me with your destruction-- you're a fool to believe I'll let you turn the tables on me!"

Seeing Spider-Man web-traversing towards him, Carrion tenses. But rather than try to dodge the coming attack, he seems to be directing his efforts in a different fashion. Quickly, he spins and hurls the web-flail he carries right at the wall-crawler, more to throw off his aim than to actually strike him. Then his body shimmers and wavers like an image on an old TV with a bad signal as he tries to assume a ghostly form. Will Spidey's flurry of webs put an end to the villain's rampage just as it is beginning?

Team d8
Shriek's Son d8 (Motivating him to act)
Weapon d8
Intangibility d8
2d12 added from the doom pool

20:24, Today: Carrion rolled 6,1,2,1,6,11 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d12,1d12.  Carrion reacting to avoid Spider-Man's web attack by turning intangible.

Total: 23
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Spider-Man)
Doom Pool: 2d12

Spending 1d10 doom to add a 3rd die to the total. Carrion wins. No complication taken.

Spider-Man's PP's have capped at 5, so we'll have to arrange other payment for my keeping the 2d12 in the doom pool. Spidey also gains an additional 2 XP for having 2d12 doom dice used against him.

The webs travel straight through Carrion's incorporeal body, impacting across the concrete in their signature pattern. The villain smirks, beckoning wordlessly to his symbiotic partners in what can only be an order to attack!

Next Action: Symbiote Monsters

This message was last edited by the player at 03:59, Sat 25 Apr 2020.

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 25 Apr 2020
at 18:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Tito! My friend!" the deli owner cries, hugging his pet. "Thanks, Spider-Man! We owe you a free sandwich once this place is up and running again!"

Then his smile fades as he turns to see Carrion ordering his symbiotic minions to attack!

The symbiote monsters fan out in front of Carrion. Slowly ambling towards Daredevil and Spider-Man, they are like something out of an old zombie flick, their oozing symbiote coverings giving off a slick sheen in the light of the *full moon. Their jaws of razor-sharp teeth drip with green saliva, each grotesque tongue probing the air for its various scents. They are clearly hungry.

The monsters stop only a few feet from the heroes, and one by one, they extend their arms towards the pair. In the blink of an eye, thick tendrils of symbiote-webbing launch from their palms, spiraling not towards the heroes but the civilians standing by the ruins of the deli! Have these monsters got an appetite for human flesh?!

Not yet it seems, as each tendril of symbiote-web shoots harmlessly past the civilians. For now they are interested only in the piles of burned meat left over from the deli fire. They reel in their prize, munching on the spoils ravenously with a sight and sound that surely disgusts all in the vicinity. In seconds, the meat is all gone.

Trembling in his owners' arms, Tito lets out a whimper at the sight. One of the symbiote-creatures turns at the sound, and seeing the sausage in Tito's mouth, lets out a growl of hunger. Without warning, the monsters all launch more web-line right at the helpless animal! As if this night hasn't seen enough horrors, soon everyone may be forced to witness an innocent Chihuahua giving his life for sausage!

Team 3d8
Burnt Deli Meat d4 (Distracting the monsters from doing Carrion's bidding)
Swarm d8
Web-Slinging d6
Menace Expert d8

Symbiote Monsters attempting to send their effect die from this roll into the doom pool. Daredevil or Spider-Man can react to try and block the web-line, saving Tito and stopping the doom pool from increasing.

11:48, Today: Symbiote Monsters rolled 8,2,3,1,1,1,1 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d8 ((8,2,3,1,1,1,1)).

@#$%! I better not roll any more 1's the rest of this campaign. :P

Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via the Symbiote Monster's use of the "Burnt Deli Meat" scene distinction at d4.

Total: 11
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 4, yes FOUR (Available first to either Daredevil or Spider-Man)
Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d6

Reactions Needed: Daredevil or Spider-Man
Next Action: Tigra (Start of a new turn order)

*Private comment to Moon Knight

This message was last edited by the player at 19:09, Sat 25 Apr 2020.

Tigra
 player, 12 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 02:00
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Relieved to see Domino still standing Tigra was hopeful they could take on this clown. Moon Knight showing up was a relief. Perfect timing. Now it's MY turn to show this demon my own profane weapons.

Her wild animal instincts taking over, a livid Tigra pounces from the Dumpster Shadows with tooth and claw after stalking her prey while Domino and Moon Knight were attacking. She goes for the jugular - hoping to put an end to Demogoblin.

I bet he tastes like $#!+, but at least this is a step closer to get rid of him and get to the real threat.

Tigra rolls to go for Demogoblin's throat.

Team d10
Adventurous Sorceress d4 (letting animal instincts take over)

Chosen Champion of the Cat People power:
Enhanced strength d8, changed to d6 due to Multipower- see below. (bite strength on throat)
SFX: Multipower. Add more than one Chosen Champion of the Cat People power to your pool. Step back each Chosen Champion of the Cat People die in your pool once for each die beyond the first.
Superhuman senses d10, changed to d8 (using her wild animal senses to strike at the right moment)

Acrobatics master d10, changed to 2d8
Demogoblin's physical stress d8

18:46, Today: Tigra rolled 2,3,5,5,7,2,5 using d10,d4,d6,d8,d8,d8,d8.  Tigra rolls to go for Demogoblin's throat.

Total: 7+5+5 =17
Effect: d10
Opportunities:0
PP:1 + 1 (from motorcycle trash helmet) - 1 (for adding third dice to dice pool) +1 from rolling d4 = 2


Next Action: Symbiote monsters
Need reaction: Demogoblin
Demogoblin
 NPC, 6 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 04:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Sensing Tigra's growing rage, Demogoblin shows no fear as the sorceress runs and leaps right at him!

"Giving into your true nature, are you, sinner?" Demogoblin hisses. "COME ON THEN!" Without hesitation, he swoops to meet Tigra aboard his glider, and the two begin a mid-air clash!

Team d8
Kill All "Sinners" d4 (This fight is getting personal)
Superhuman Durability 2d10 (Due to Unleashed SFX)
Subsonic Flight d8
Combat Expert 2d6

SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double any Demonic Nature power for one action. If that action fails, take Emotional Stress equal to the normal rating of that power.

20:28, Today: Demogoblin rolled 2,1,9,10,5,4,2 using 1d8 1d4,1d10,1d10 ,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((2,1,9,10,5,4,2)).

Total: 19
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Tigra)

Demogoblin wins. No stress taken. Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via Demogoblin's use of the "Kill All 'Sinners'" Distinction at d4. Activating Demogoblin's Limit "Gear" to shut down Subsonic Flight d8 and add an additional 1d6 to the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 2d6

A ferocious struggle ensues as Tigra attempts to seize Demogoblin in her clutches and bite his throat. But as the heroine pins Demogoblin's arms to his sides and tries to sink her fangs into his flesh, she finds his leathery goblin hide is too thick to pierce! As the two violently separate, Demogoblin staggers backwards and topples from the glider, landing in a crouch. One clawed hand still clutches the black pumpkin bomb-- and Tigra has landed right within striking distance!

"And now the fires of hell await you, sorceress," the villain sneers. "But fear not, for your partners in sin will be waiting there when you arrive!"

He gestures to the three symbiote monsters who still cling to the alley walls, who immediately move to attack the other heroes!

Next Action: Symbiote Monsters

This message was last edited by the player at 04:34, Mon 27 Apr 2020.

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 5 posts
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 20:36
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Your moment of judgement approaches, mercenary," Demogoblin taunts. "And once I've seen to her... You, Moon Knight, shall pay for your servitude to a false god!"

Demogoblin's minions seem reluctant to follow his orders, owing both to the fire still raging closeby and to the fear Domino's bullets struck in them earlier. Nevertheless, the symbiotic servants move into action. Sensing Domino's injury, the strange beings seize the opportunity to surround the mutant mercenary. Then each one extends a limb and fires symbiote webbing in an attempt to engulf her!

Symbiote Monsters attempting to create "Engulfed" complication on Domino.

Team 3d8
Afraid of Fire d4 ('Nuff said)
Swarm d8
Web-Slinging d6
Domino's Physical Stress d12

13:03, Today: Symbiote Monsters rolled 3,8,3,1,5,1,12 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d12((3,8,3,1,5,1,12)).

Total: 20
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Domino)

Stepping up 1d6 in the doom pool via the Symbiote Monster's use of the "Afraid of Fire" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d8, 1d6

Reaction Needed: Domino
Next Action: Moon Knight

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Mon 27 Apr 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 16 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Mon 27 Apr 2020
at 22:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The world around them seems to grind to slow motion as Daredevil senses the symbiotes' tendrils pass by them, then hearing and smelling them feed like hogs. This could have given the heroes a moment to catch their collective breaths before pushing their own offensive, until one of the creatures goes after an innocent bystander. "Spidey -- " Daredevil calls, to alert the web-head, if the moment hasn't already passed!
Domino
 player, 18 posts
 PP: 0
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 04:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino's head was still blurry from the blast;  the Downed Power Lines were sparking nearby, making Domino nervous, while the dust from the Brick Alleyway she'd just shot to pieces was still settling around her shoulders and into her eyes.

But her Combat Mastery and Superhuman Reflexes kicked in as she watched the Sybiotes move.
Even as each one extends a limb and fires symbiote webbing, Domino's Guns swung around to take them in again, spitting Symbiote-seeking bullets at the three to, again drive them back away from she and her Team.

React to Symbiote Monster's 'Engulf' complication.
d6   Team
d4   Brick Alleyways (or) Downed Power Lines  scene distinctions
SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
2d8 Guns
d10 Probablility Manipulation: Superhuman Reflexes
2d8 Combat Mastery
d12 'Symbiot-seeking bullets' Asset

-  rolled 1,4,4,8,9,1,4,5 using d6,d4,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8,d12.
Total: 22
Effect: d8

Opportunities for the Watcher: 2 ... adds +2PP for me

PP = 3   (1 for the d4 Distinction, +2 from Opp's rolled)

Notes:
- regarding "d6 "Shriek File" asset ... handing this off to Tigra.  As Domino 'created' this by telling Tigra what Dom knows about Shriek, maybe Tigra can increase its value (with a relevant roll) by 'remembering more'.

- I used 'Full Auto' on them, because even as they are being narrated as three beings, they are being mechanically treated as one threat.   In the future, would you prefer that I used the 'Roomsweeper' SFX?

Moon Knight
 player, 6 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 16:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Symbiote Monsters:
"Your moment of judgement approaches, mercenary," Demogoblin taunts. "And once I've seen to her... You, Moon Knight, shall pay for your servitude to a false god!"


False God? How dare that mortal monstrosity—

Seriously, Khonshu? Are you the god of hurt feelings now? Moon Knight suppressed a sigh as he removed his truncheon from his belt. With a twist it extended into a bo staff. Give me strength.

Granted, Marc Spector.

As the full moon broke through the clouds, a feral grin broke across Moon Knight's hidden face. Ducking the three stooges, he broke away from his makeshift Team and drove his attack straight for the Demogoblin. Using his Lunar Might, the Fist of Khonshu, Combat Master, swung his Weapon with skull-crushing strength. Even as he swung, though, he felt as though Khonshu was holding something back from him, building towards something...!

- Using 1 PP/Opportunity to activate SFX Lunar Might for Enhanced Strength at d10 for the remainder of the scene.
- Using Fist of Khonshu at d4 (+1PP)

Team d6
Fist of Khonshu d4
Weapon d8
Enhanced Strength d10
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 2,3,3,8,5 using d6,d4,d8,d10,d10 ((2,3,3,8,5))

Total: 13
Effect: d8


Damn it Khonshu, you'd better know what you're doing!!
Spider-Man
 player, 10 posts
Tue 28 Apr 2020
at 18:32
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Carrion (msg # 85):

"Tito! Deli guy!"

Spider-Man springs towards the mob of symbiote-clad civilians as their oily tendrils aim for innocent bystanders like a snake's fangs about to sink into prey.

These symbiotes are slow moving, and thankfully they don't seem as malicious as Carnage. They're leaving themselves wide open for an attack. It's a good thing that I stopped by my apartment on the way to the scene and grabbed this project I've been tinkering with. I just wish I had been able to finish it. As it is now, it's not going to be strong enough to stop Carnage, but maybe it can stun these newbies long enough to get the symbiotes off of them. I hope my soldering holds up!

Spending 1 PP to active Watcher's opportunity for Tech Expert resource:
Homemade Sonic-Disrupter d6

The Homemade Sonic-Disrupter is a DIY device that Spider-Man pieced together using his science and tech skills at home. It's in a small, metal box with a toggle switch on the side, a belt clip on the back, and a tiny speaker grill on the front. It emits a low-power sonic sound that symbiotes are vulnerable to. Peter decided to be a little more prepared after his history with Venom and symbiotes, but this model wasn't quite battle ready and will probably fall apart.


Bounding off of one of the rescue vehicles nearby, Spider-Man flips into the air and lands softly several feet from the attack. The symbiotes seem to be distracted, and Spidey spies with his spider eyes a manhole cover that's close by. Oh my! As he clips the Homemade Sonic-Disrupter to his tights and flips the toggle switch a low hum and shrill, high-pitched noise emits from the device. Spider-Man brings the manhole cover to him with a quick webline and tosses it in a throw that would make Captain America proud.

Spending 1 PP to activate Watcher opportunity for Power Stunt: Thrown Manhole Cover

Reaction to save Tito and the deli owner
Buddy d10
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Strength d10
Power Stunt: Thrown Manhole Cover d10 (step up d8 stunt die with Watcher opportunity)
Combat Expert d8
Resource: Homemade Sonic-Disrupter d6

13:12, Today: Spider-Man rolled 6,3,5,2,6,6 using d10,d8,d10,d10,d8,d6.

Total: 12 (6+6)
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Spending 1 PP to use effect die to inflict physical stress on Symbiote Monsters


As it's connecting with the offending tendrils, Spider-Man moves into position between the creatures and the hapless New Yorkers.

"Hurry! You two get out of here while you still can!"

2 PP remaining
2 Watcher opportunities remaining

Demogoblin
 NPC, 7 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 03:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Demogoblin is just preparing to hurl the black pumpkin bomb when Moon Knight leaps into action! The narrow alleyway provides little room to maneuver, so the villain quickly raises an arm to block the staff coming his way. The best the goblin-man can hope for is that his superhuman durability will allow him to withstand the blow...

Team d8
Brick Alleyways d4 (No room to dodge)
Superhuman Durability d10
Combat Expert d8

19:52, Today: Demogoblin rolled 8,4,6,5 using 1d8,1d4,1d10,1d8 ((8,4,6,5)).

Total: 14
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Demogoblin wins. No stress taken. Stepping up 1d6 in the doom pool via Demogoblin's use of the "Brick Alleyways" scene distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 2d8

Demogoblin's confident expression falters as Moon Knight's blow lands with unexpected force granted to him by the light of the full moon. Nonetheless, the villain's magical might is a force to be reckoned with as well! He gives a mighty shrug to force Moon Knight aside, then takes aim at Tigra, hurling the black pumpkin bomb directly at her!

Team d8
Brick Alleyways d8 (Little room for Tigra to dodge)
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Pumpkin Bombs d10
Combat Expert d8
d6 from Black Pumpkin Bomb SFX
1d12 added from the doom pool

SFX: Black Pumpkin Bomb. Add a d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using a Pumpkin Bomb to inflict emotional stress.

20:32, Today: Demogoblin rolled 2,8,6,7,3,6,9 using 1d6,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10,1d12 ((2,8,6,7,3,6,9)).

Spending 1d8 from the doom pool to add a 3rd die to the total. Paying Tigra 1 PP to keep the spent d12 in the doom pool (Tigra also gains 1 XP for having a d12 doom die used against her).

Total: 24
Effect: d12 (Stepped up from d10)
Opportunities: 0
Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d8

Reaction Needed: Tigra
Next Action: Domino

This message was last edited by the player at 13:28, Thu 30 Apr 2020.

Domino
 player, 21 posts
 PP: 0
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 10:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
While the rest of her Team dealt with Pumpkin Head, Domino continued to keep her Combat Skill focused on the Symbiote Monstrosities before her.

Her Superhuman Reflexes kept her Guns tracking the enemy, the Auto Fire mechanism spitting Symbiote-homing Bullets at the three creatures with skill and ease.


Cause Physical Stress to the Symbiote Monsters.
d6    Team
d8    Femme Fatale
SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
2d8  Guns
1d10 Superhuman Reflexes
2d8  Combat Mastery
d12   Symbiote Seeking Bullets asset
 .... as I got no response to my previous question, I am still assuming that, mechanically, the 'Symbiote Monsters' are one target.

- rolled 4,6,2,5,7,6,6,3 using d6,d8,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8,d12.
Spend 1PP to keep an additional Total Die
Total: 23
Effect: d12


PP= 2

Next=  is a new round ... so lets have Moon Knight kick some Pumpkin Ass!

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 6 posts
Thu 30 Apr 2020
at 21:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Domino Sorry about that. I was hoping to follow up in the Symbiote Monster's reaction post, but looks like you beat me to it. I'm fine with how you've used the Full Auto SFX on the previous turns.

First part responding to Domino's winning the reaction roll:

Firing off her guns, Domino succeeds in holding off the gang of symbiote-soldiers. Even as their superhuman reflexes allow them to dodge the gunfire, the enchanted bullets reverse course and slam into them from behind! Taken by surprise, the confused creatures halt their attack.

But holding off the creatures and taking them down are two different matters. In just moments, the monsters decide to press on again. Domino reloads her weapons and opens fire!

Team 3d8
Brick Alleyways d4 (Cramped quarters)
Enhanced Durability d8
Swarm d8

14:06, Today: Symbiote Monsters rolled 6,5,8,3,4,7 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d4,1d8,1d8.  Symbiote Monsters reacting to Domino targeting them with a hail of enchanted bullets.

Total: 15
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Symbiote Monsters reduced to Buddy 2d6. Domino's extraordinary success steps her d12 up, adding a d4 of stress to the next Symbiote Monster. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool via the Symbiote Monster's use of the Brick Alleyways scene distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d10

Domino focuses her hail of bullets on the lead monster, slowing its advancement as it tries to run right at her. For a moment, there is a strange back-and-forth struggle as the symbiote attempts to swallow Domino's bullets and absorb the impact. But the sheer amount of lead being spat at them, coupled with the bullet's enchantments, proves too much for the strange lifeform to handle, and it soon collapses in defeat. True to Tigra's word, the civilian inside the symbiote-suit has been neutralized (almost) harmlessly, owing to both the sorceress' spell and the natural resilience of the alien goo housing the host.

Seeing their partner fall before Domino's bullets, the other two let out angry shrieks and charge forward! Domino doesn't let up, already targeting the next monster in line!

We'll let Tigra do her reaction, then switch over to the other scene.

Edit: Another lucky break for Domino. Forgot to roll her d12 of stress. Oh well. :P

Double-edit: 1d8 added to the doom pool for Domino's opportunities rolled in Msg #90.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d10, 1d8

This message was last edited by the player at 16:23, Fri 01 May 2020.

Tigra
 player, 13 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 01:29
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Demogoblin (msg # 93):

Tigra retched after getting a taste of Demogoblin’s leathery, old skin. It tasted like a brick of decaying maggots, just like when Wong made her go on a deserted retreat to “Cleanse her Soul”. Ugh, this guy must have tea with Wong on the weekends. It's like they got the same recipe. Good thing I don’t have to explain to anyone about the maggot eating situation.
With no way out, she tries to bounce off the alleyway walls to dodge the pumpkins. “Race you to hell, Demogoblin. Loser treats dinner,” she taunts the demon. With three of them now against him, it shouldn’t be too long before taking him down.

Team d10
Brick alleyways d4 (little room to dodge)
Superhuman reflexes d10
Acrobatics master d10, changed to 2d8
Domogoblin’s damage d8

18:18, Today: Tigra rolled 3,3,7,7,7,4 using d10,d4,d10,d8,d8,d8 ((3,3,7,7,7,4)).

Total:7+7+7=21
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

PP = 2 -1 from adding die to total, +1 from d4, and 1 from watcher = 3

The Watcher
 GM, 51 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 18:38
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The black pumpkin bomb ricochets off the alley wall, exploding inches away from Tigra's face in a sudden burst of smoke. But this is not the acrid smell of smoke from a fire. This is a heavy, inky blackness that feels cold to the touch. As it enters her lungs, the heroine collapses under its weight, feeling as though she is sinking through the pavement and falling into an endless void. Her vision blurs and the voices of her allies suddenly begin to sound farther and farther away.

Glancing over, her fellow heroes can see that Tigra's eyes are open and twitching, but it's as though the heroine doesn't even see them. She seems to be somewhere else entirely, beholding visions the others can only guess at. Whatever they are, the expression on her face leaves little doubt they are highly unpleasant.

Tigra takes d12 of emotional stress.

Next Action: Carrion

Symbiote Monsters
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 3 May 2020
at 23:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Man's counterattack reduces Symbiote Monsters to Team 2d8. (I made a mistake in Msg #95. Both sets of Symbiote Monsters should still be Team 2d8 until one more Symbiote Monster/villain leaves either scene.)

Spider-Man directs the burst from his homemade sonic disrupter toward the lead symbiote-creature, which immediately stops in its tracks. The fluid-like covering of blackish goo recoils wildly from the sound waves, trying to retreat into the host's form yet seemingly frozen in place. Already, Spider-Man has followed up the attack, striking the symbiote-monster in its midsection with a thrown manhole cover and knocking it senseless! It twitches rapidly, the host dropping to the ground and convulsing in unison with the symbiote. Then, just as quickly as it began, it is over. The alien lifeform crawls forth from the man's body and collapses into an inert, helpless puddle.

Struck by Spider-Man's sonic waves, the other symbiote monsters howl in rage. The ooze begins to peel from their skin and the citizen's faces become visible underneath the grotesque masks they wear. Bits of ash from the smoldering ruins of the deli fall through the air and into their eyes, adding temporary blindness to their growing list of problems. They writhe around in pain and confusion, trying to avoid or even walk through the waves to get to Spider-Man, but it's no use. Confused, they target any hero in sight with their flailing tentacles, trying in vain to do anything they can to make the pain stop!

Team 2d8
Blanket of Ashes d4
Tentacles d6
Swarm d8
Combat Rookie d6
Area Attack d6

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.

14:13, Today: Symbiote Monsters rolled 3,1,2,5,8,1,4 using 1d8,1d8,1d4,1d6,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((3,1,2,5,8,1,4)).

Total: 13
Effect: d8 to Daredevil, d6 to Spider-Man
Opportunities: 2

Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via the Symbiote Monster's use of the "Blanket of Ashes" scene distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d10, 1d8, 1d6

Reactions Needed: Daredevil, Spider-Man

Next Action: Carrion

This message was last edited by the player at 23:58, Sun 03 May 2020.

Carrion
 NPC, 4 posts
Mon 4 May 2020
at 00:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carrion watches un-amused as Spider-Man takes the fight to his remaining symbiote servants. As the next symbiote-monster is struck by the cone of sonic waves from the hero's disrupter, it withdraws slightly and the host's face becomes visible. Carrion seizes the man by the nape of his ooze-covered neck, and the symbiote immediately begins to smoke and steam from the villain's death-touch!

As host and symbiote scream in unison, Carrion brings his other hand inches from the man's face. He looks as though he is ready to try and peel away the man's very skin with his fingers.

"Did you really think I intended to face you in combat, Spider-Man? I am only here to tell you that you have already been defeated. Now you can either choose to come with me and bear witness to the full weight of your failures, or you can let yet another innocent life end in your selfish quest to be a 'hero.'"

Spending 1d10 to create a "Carrion's Hostage" Scene Complication. Carrion will also attempt to inflict emotional stress on Spider-Man using his action. Spending 1d6 doom die to use Carrion's SFX: Ash to Ash, Dust to Dust.

SFX: Ash to Ash, Dust to Dust. Against a single target, step up or double Death Touch. Spend d6 from the doom pool to do both. If the action fails, spend a doom die equal to or larger than the normal rating of the power die.

Team d8
Walking Death d4 (For all his power, he can't hope to lay a hand on Spidey directly)
Death Touch 2d12 (stepped up/doubled due to SFX)
Menace Expert 2d6
1d12 added from the doom pool

16:31, Today: Carrion rolled 5,2,8,4,1,4,1 using 1d8,1d4,1d12,1d12,1d6,1d6,1d12 ((5,2,8,4,1,4,1)). Carrion attempting to inflict emotional stress on Spider-Man by taking a hostage.

16:40, Today: Carrion rolled 9 using 1d10 ((9)). Scene complication I forgot to add to Carrion's roll.

9 + 8 + 5 = 22

Total: 22
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 2

Paying Spider-Man 1XP to keep the spent 1d12 in the doom pool. Spider-Man gains an additional 1XP for having a d12 doom die used against him on this turn. Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via Carrion's use of his "Walking Death" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d8, 1d6

Reactions Needed: Spider-Man
Next Action: Daredevil

Spidey, I just want to let everyone know how bad I fudged this roll. If you fail the reaction, it's only for that reason. This is the first time I've used a scene complication and I didn't know I could have added it to Carrion's roll until after I had already seen his total. I also had said Carrion would go first in this turn order, but I changed up the order so I could set up a better roll for Carrion. I want him to win but you'll probably find a way to pull this off. :P

I have converted Daredevil's d10 "Back Off Carrion" asset into a complication on Carrion as DD intended it to be, so you may use it on your reaction if you like.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:04, Mon 04 May 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 11 posts
Mon 4 May 2020
at 19:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Symbiote Monsters (msg # 98):

Reaction to Symbiote Monster's area attack
Total: 13
Effect: d8 to Daredevil, d6 to Spider-Man
Opportunities: 2


The symbiotes are hurt, and they're lashing out. I have to protect the people here!

Spider-Man steels himself to the attack, using his enhanced speed and reflexes—but not to avoid the blows. The Daily Bugle's own Masked Menace is instead putting his body on the line to protect those behind him, deflecting the tentacles or even absorbing the damage himself!

2 PP
Buddy d10
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d4 + 1 PP (Spider-Man has to protect the civilians, even if it injures himself)
SPIDER-POWERS Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8
3 PP

13:07, Today: Spider-Man rolled 3,2,1,5 using d10,d4,d10,d8.

Total: 7
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (+1 PP)
4 PP

Spider-Man fails.
Symbiote Monster's attack is an extraordinary success (step up attack's effect die by one)
Spider-Man's effect die is larger (step back attack's effect die by one)
Spider-Man's effect die cancels out the extraordinary success
Spider-Man takes d6 physical stress


"AAGH!"

Several sharp pains hit Spider-Man all at once, as if being sliced by a dozen knives. The red and blue costume he wears gains many precise tears on his arms and legs, revealing razor thin lines of blood streaking out from a few cuts here and there. It hurts, but he'll live.

In reply to Symbiote Monsters (msg # 98):

Distracted from the Symbiote Monster's attack on the innocent Tito and Deli Guy, Spider-Man didn't notice Carrion approaching until it was too late. He already had a grip on the freed symbiote host.

Reaction to Carrion's emotional attack
Total: 22
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 2

4 PP
Buddy d10
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d4 + 1 PP (Carrion really has the upper hand here with a hostage)
Psych Expert d8
Back Off Carrion complication d10
5 PP

13:43, Today: Spider-Man rolled 8,2,3,8 using d10,d4,d8,d10.

Total: 16
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0
5 PP

Spider-Man fails.
Spider-Man gains d12 emotional stress.


Spider-Man realizes he's helpless to stop Carrion from murdering this innocent if he chooses to. He's completely at his mercy.

"Carrion! Let him go! You don't have to kill an innocent man to get to me."

Spider-Man pleads with Carrion, but that's all he can do. Unable to do anything else, he just hopes that Daredevil has a trick up his red sleeves.

5 PP
Opportunities: 1
Spider-Man: d6 physical stress, d12 emotional stress

Daredevil
 player, 17 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Tue 5 May 2020
at 00:51
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Defend from Symbiote Monsters' physical attack, Total: 13, Effect: d8:
Buddy    d8
Burnt Deli Meat    d4
(+1 PP)
Billy Club/Enhanced Durability    d8
Hypersenses/Enhanced Reflexes    d8
Acrobatic Master    d10

Daredevil rolled 4,3,5,1,6 using d8,d4,d8,d8,d10 ((4,3,5,1,6)).

Total: 9; Effect: d10
Higher reacting Effect die steps acting Effect down, to d6
1 Opportunity


Daredevil twists around the symbiotes' tendrils, slapping them down with his billy club, gritting his teeth from a few that get through and slice at him like over-sized, murderous paper-cuts, but he keeps a focus on Spider-Man, even when the burnt deli meats assaults his senses so badly it disorients him. Even while keeping active, he concentrates: If his frequent partner ever needed his help, it's now!

This nonsense with Carrion has gone too far. "You had your chance when I was being a Chatty Cathy, Carrion," Daredevil calls as lets his billy club slip down so he can grab the end of it with a light grip. "Now you're making me regret that I gave you a chance," And put Spidey's life in danger, he thinks. He leans on his other foot and shifts his shoulders to get the better angle. "But thanks for letting me make it up." Then in one motion he reaches his arm to the side to whip his club through the noise of the ash thick in the air, not to the reeking villain's head but to the brick wall beside him. For just an instant it looks like a missed shot, until the club banks off the wall and hits Carrion in the temple, the softest, most vulnerable part of his decayed skull!

Physical attack on Carrion:
Buddy    d8
Blanket of Ashes    d4
(+1 PP)
Billy Club/Weapon/Rebound    2d6*
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Combat Expert    d8
Sense Carrion's Weak Spot Asset    d12
Back Off Carrion Complication    d10

Daredevil rolled 3,1,4,4,9,8,9,7 using d8,d4,d6,d6,d10,d8,d12,d10 ((3,1,4,4,9,8,9,7)).

Total: 21; Effect: d10
1 Opportunity

PPs: 0(starting; from msg #79) +1(negative Distinction, reaction) +1(Opportunity, reaction) +1(negative Distinction, attack) +1(Opportunity, attack) = 4


Next Action (new round): Spider-Man

The Watcher
 GM, 53 posts
Tue 5 May 2020
at 04:08
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Buying Spidey's 1 opportunity for 1XP to step up 1d8 in the doom pool. Buying DD's 2 opportunities for 1 PP to step up 1d6 (twice) in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 2d10


Carrion gloats as Spider-Man succumbs to the pressure of the dilemma before him. Although Daredevil is addressing Carrion, the villain hardly pays him any mind, savoring the sweet pain he has caused to his lifelong enemy, Peter Parker. Too late, he snaps back to reality to realize Daredevil is not playing his game and has dared to attack! All the villain can hope for is that with his hostage in play, the horned hero might be off his A-game!

Team d8
Vendetta Against Spider-Man d4 (Distracted by gloating over Spidey's dilemma)
Intangibility d8
Menace Expert 2d6
1d12 added from the doom pool

18:44, Today: Carrion rolled 8,1,2,4,2,4 using 1d8,d4,1d8,1d6,1d6,1d12 ((8,1,2,4,2,4)). Carrion reacting to Daredevil's rebounding billy-club attack.

20:37, Today: Carrion rolled 1,4 using 1d6,1d10 ((1,4)). Adding DD's d6 of physical stress and the d10 Scene Complication to Carrion's last roll.

Total: 12
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Daredevil)

DD's extraordinary success steps up his effect die to d12. Carrion takes d12 of physical stress. Stepping up 1d10 in the doom pool via Carrion's use of the "Vendetta Against Spider-Man" distinction at d4. Paying Daredevil 1XP to keep the spent 1d12 in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 3d12, 1d10

Too late, Carrion tries to whirl out of the way of the flung billy-club, but takes a hard blow to the head as it ricochets off the nearby wall. He drops to one knee, clutching the side of his head in pain, yet still managing a pained smirk. He maintains his grip on the hostage, still applying his death-touch as the victim squirms and screams.

"You aren't going to fight your way out of this one, I'm afraid," Carrion gloats. "And this fellow here isn't my only hostage. Spider-Man, if you're serious about righting the wrongs of your past... You'll come along with me."

Keeping his eyes on Daredevil, Carrion gestures to the wrecked semi-truck sitting among the rubble where Shriek had driven it into a brick wall. Though there are other totaled vehicles in the area, this one is conspicuously marked with giant-sized writing scrawled along the side of the trailer: "CARNAGE RULES." The villain marches his hostage over and hops into the cab, starting the engine. He keeps his hostage in the passenger seat where he can keep a close eye the whimpering civilian. The lift gate of the trailer opens, and Carrion leans his head out the window.

"Into the back, 'hero.' And don't try anything or my passenger might find this is a very short ride indeed."

He looks at Daredevil with contempt.

"And as for your friend there... Sorry, Daredevil. No free rides."

With Carrion quite literally in the driver's seat, the heroes may have no choice but to agree to his demands! Just where will this madman's vendetta bring them?

As Spider-Man was stressed out by Carrion and can take no action, this is the end of the turn order. Spending 2d12 from the doom pool to end the scene. Daredevil and Spider-Man each gain 2XP. We'll switch over to the other heroes' action order for now, but I'd like it if Spidey and DD role-played out how they decide to proceed from here.

Next Action: Moon Knight

Edit: Spidey, I think you technically took trauma on your last turn due to an extraordinary success on Carrion's part, so you can hit your 3XP "DEADLY FOES OF SPIDER-MAN" milestone if you want.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:16, Tue 05 May 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 18 posts
 PP: 4
 XP: 0?
Wed 6 May 2020
at 01:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil keeps his attention on Carrion and the truck but knows that Spider-Man is suffering nearby. Reluctantly, the horn-headed hero breaks from Carrion's attention and turns away. In a rush, Daredevil recovers his billy club on his way to Spider-Man's side. He reaches to help the web-headed hero to his feet. "I'm here," the horn-headed hero reassures his partner. "But there are innocent lives in danger and that mad-man can't be allowed to run free. Are you okay to keep going?"

Is the Scene completely over or could I use an action to help heal or resuscitate Spidey?
Moon Knight
 player, 7 posts
Wed 6 May 2020
at 14:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
This demogoblin creature was already getting on Moon Knight's last good nerve. The villains that ranted nonsense did that pretty quickly, probably because he was more used to opponents who yell "Moon Knight? Oh crap!" and start to run away. What was the point of being crazy if it didn't instill pants-wetting terror in criminals? It was almost enough to drive a guy sane.

With his team at his back, he tried a new tactic. Demogoblin could shrug off a hit to the head from his staff, but what if he used this weapon as a lever to launch a bigger attack? With a grunt of effort, the Fist of Khonshu, Combat Master wedged the staff under the edge of the dumpster and used his Lunar-Enhanced Strength to flick the entire thing into the air and straight at the goblin.

"Dumpster attack!"


[Spending 1PP to create a Stunt die.

Team d6
Fist of Khonshu d8
Weapon d8
Lunar Might/Enhanced Strength d10
Combat Master d10
Dumpster Attack d8

Moon Knight rolled 6,1,6,3,4,6 using d6,d8,d8,d10,d10,d8 ((6,1,6,3,4,6)).

Total 12
Effect d10]

Next Action: Tigra

Demogoblin
 NPC, 8 posts
Wed 6 May 2020
at 17:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Buying Moon Knight's opportunity for 1 PP to step up 1d10 in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 2d12


Demogoblin grins as Tigra falls victim to his black pumpkin bomb. For an instant, it's as if the villain is oblivious to his surroundings, too caught up in his torment of the "sinner" at his mercy. Moon Knight takes advantage of the enemy's overzealous nature to strike, turning to the upturned dumpster nearby and launching it at Demogoblin with far greater strength than the villain could have imagined! Quickly, Demogoblin spots his glider hovering nearby, and tries to do a running flip off the dumpster in order to reach it.

Team d8
Kill All "Sinners" d4 (Too focused on Tigra)
Enhanced Reflexes 2d8 (Doubled due to SFX)
Acrobatic Expert 2d6

SFX: Unleashed. Step up or double any Demonic Nature power for one action. If that action fails, take Emotional Stress equal to the normal rating of that power.

09:57, Today: Demogoblin rolled 4,1,3,5,3 using 1d8,1d4,1d8,1d8,1d8((4,1,3,5,3))

Total: 9
Effect: d8

Moon Knight wins. Demogoblin takes d10 Physical Stress and d8 Emotional Stress due to his failed use of the Unleashed SFX.

Demogoblin's hand grasps empty air as he reaches in vain for his glider, his flip thrown off by the sheer speed at which the dumpster is traveling. He loses his footing, botches the flip, and crumples to the ground in a heap as the thrown object sails down the alleyway to land with a loud crash among the downed power lines nearby. Demogoblin gets to his feet, prepared for a furious counterattack. As Tigra stirs nearby, the villain is pleased to see his last attack on her is having just the effect he intended!

Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via Demogoblin's use of the "Kill All Sinners" distinction at d4. Offering Tigra 1 PP to activate her Limit: Human Form.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d6

Next Action: Tigra

The Watcher
 GM, 54 posts
Wed 6 May 2020
at 19:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Daredevil Since you went last in the Action Scene, you could choose yourself to go first in the Transition Scene turn order and try to do a quick recovery action on Spidey. It would be after Domino/Moon Knight/Tigra finish their scene. Narratively, it'd probably need to happen quick-- Carrion isn't exactly going to let Spidey drag his feet on a response.

This message was last edited by the GM at 19:36, Wed 06 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 56 posts
Thu 7 May 2020
at 18:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Getting his bearings, Demogoblin shakes off the pain of Moon Knight's attack. He runs and flips off the nearby brick wall and onto his strange, living glider. Rising into the air, he brings forth several more pumpkin bombs and prepares to scatter them at his foes.

"A pity you sinners decided to spend your last moments fighting rather than begging forgiveness. Now it's too late and you'll all-"

He trails off suddenly, cocking his head to one side as though listening to some faraway sound. His pointed goblin ears twitch as he mutters to himself.

"Blast it...! The children! I told that insufferable fool Kasady not to put them in harm's way."

He turns on the glider and swoops down toward Tigra in a fiery blur of motion. The demonic, birdlike glider sprouts a pair of talons that seize Tigra and lift her into the air. Demogoblin rises higher and higher, out of reach of her allies whom he addresses with disdain:

"Let this brush with death be a lesson to you, mercenary," he nods at Domino. "As for you, Moon Knight... Your punishment will have to wait."

Without another word, he turns and speeds off under the night sky with Tigra in tow!

Spending 2d12 to end the scene. Domino, Moon Knight, and Tigra all gain 2XP. Per Tigra's preference, spending 1d6 to activate her Limit: Human Form in the Transition Scene.

@Moon Knight As you had taken no physical stress, I'll give you a choice: We can say you manage to follow Demogoblin to wherever he's taking Tigra, or you can stay with Domino. Whatever the choice, there are only seconds to act, so Moon Knight would have to decide quickly!

Next Action: Tigra (1st in the Transition Scene)

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:54, Thu 07 May 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 10 posts
Thu 7 May 2020
at 19:16
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Ignoring Domino, Mook Knight takes to the rooftops to pursue the Demogoblin.

[I believe this might apply...?

3 XP - when you abandon an ally or innocent bystander who needs your help in order to pursue a member of Carnage's Family.]

Domino
 player, 23 posts
 Unspent Exp: 11
 PP: 2
Fri 8 May 2020
at 23:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino watched the flying felon leave.   He had with him the feline sorceress, but she wasn't helpless ... and the Fist Of Khonshu was on their tail to give her aid.

The Femme Fatale grunted.  She was in pain, but she had a job to do.
Turning away from he fleeing scene, she focused herself on the task at hand ... getting herself healed up a little, and getting back on the trail of that insane symbiotic madman.

She knew she was abandoning an ally who needs your help in order to pursue a member of Carnage's Family (trigger 3XP for this scene), but the Hardened Mercenary within her knew it was what was needed.

Picking up her extendable Staff, she reduced it and stashed it back into her belt; her Guns she reloaded with barely a thought, and holstered.
Then, rubbing her weary muscles, she turned her attention to tracking the escaped criminal again.


Will await GM reply to my OOC post before I define Domino's Transition Phase actions

This message was last edited by the player at 08:43, Sat 09 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 58 posts
Sat 9 May 2020
at 21:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Domino and Moon Knight You both succeed in hitting your 3XP milestones. Congrats!

Near the ruined deli, Spider-Man and Daredevil plan their next move as the villainous Carrion awaits their response to his ultimatum. In the dark skies overhead, the faint outline of Demogoblin can be seen soaring away from the brick alleyways with Tigra in his clutches. Moon Knight leaps and dashes between rooftops to keep on the trail of his enemy, who soon disappears among the dark clouds. And not far from there, Domino gets to her feet and brushes the dust from her costume. The symbiote monsters have been driven off for now, so she prepares to renew her pursuit of Cletus Kasady, the man at the heart of all this madness!

What exactly does Carnage want with Shriek, the villainess whose powers seem to bring out the very worst in humanity? And what role does the Doppelganger play in their twisted game? One hopes that before the night is over, these questions will have answers. As the city is swallowed up by the endless sound of sirens, and the ceaseless fog of panic, one thing is for certain... It's going to be a very long night indeed!

End of "Act I: Enter Carnage." Beginning of "Act II: Welcome to the Family!"

Everyone may post dialogue, recovery actions, asset rolls, etc. until we are ready to begin the next Action Scene. PM me if you need help setting up something to do in the Transition Scene.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:44, Sat 09 May 2020.

Domino
 player, 25 posts
 Unspent Exp: 11
 PP: 2
Sun 10 May 2020
at 02:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Transition Scene:  Beginning of Act II
1/ Use 11XP to purchase:
- 1PP
- Probablility Manipulation SFX  Lady Luck on my side Spend1PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action; then step back and return the doom die.

Currently gives me a PP Pool of 2.

2/ Domino's Physical Stress drops to d10
... and Recovery Roll:
d8  Solo
d8  Hardened Merc
- rolled 9 using 2d8 with rolls of 6,3.  Recovery Roll.
Total: 9
Effect: d4

3/ Spend 1PP to create (Combat Mastery) Resource (or, narratively, continue) 'Symbiote Seeking Bullets d8'.
Leaving me with a PP Pool of 1.



Looking skyward, Domino watched as the Flying Felon, carrying the Fallen Feline, raced off across the darkened sky ... with the glowing, ghostial gladiator in pursuit.
She had to trust that those two would handled themselves, and the goblinoid goon.
Domino, however, was choosing to tread another path ... to continue hunting the Symbiotic Syncophant, Carnage.
After all, someone had to, right?   And if the 'real heroes' were all getting captured, and saving dogs from burning buildings, it was up to someone else.  Namely, her.

Rubbing her weary muscles, and feeling 'worse for wear', the Hardened Merc holstered her Guns, after manipulating the odds that the magic spell the Feline Sorcerer had cast on her bullets remained (at least to some degree).

Domino was a skilled Detective; especially when it came down to tracking bounties, and other folk she'd been hired to hunt down.
And so she drew upon that experience in continuing to follow the elusive Symbiote via the trail of Runaway Ooze

Action: Track Carnage
d8   Solo
d8   Runaway Ooze
d10 Covert Master (includes Detective skills)
d12 'Carnage File' Asset
- rolled 6,7,8,5 using d8,d8,d10,d12.  Track Carnage.
Total: 15
Effect: d12 (not sure how this works in a Transition Scene??)


PP: 1

This message was last edited by the player at 09:11, Sun 10 May 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 12 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 14:41
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moon Knight stopped running. There was no sign of the goblin anywhere. With that blasted glider of his, he could skim the rooftops, climb high, or shoot between buildings and turn tight corners. It was an excellent conveyance.

"I need to get one of those." He wasn't talking to anybody in particular, but he was never alone, either. "Still, I'm not without my own resources."

He opened a radio channel, using the mic built into his mask to talk.

"Frenchie, I need the copter, and I need it fast."

Hopefully from a higher altitude he'd be able to spot something.
The Watcher
 GM, 64 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 21:38
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doom Pool 2d8
Domino's Physical Stress d10

14:00, Today: The Watcher rolled 6,3,9 using 1d8,1d8,1d10 ((6,3,9)). Doom pool reaction to Domino's recovery roll.

Total: 15
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Recovery roll fails.


Domino had been burned before, but these injuries Demogoblin had given her were something else entirely. It was no real surprise, though. Of course the goblin was going to use some kind of magical fire, with all that mumbo-jumbo he was spouting. That must by why, unlike a normal burn, the site of her injuries continued to tingle painfully even now. She could take the pain, no problem, but the distraction was annoying as she tried to focus her efforts on tracking Kasady.

Doom Pool 2d8
Runaway Ooze d4 (It's a dumb blob of ooze, how hard could it be to track?)
Domino's Physical Stress d10

14:13, Today: The Watcher rolled 8,7,2,5 using 1d8,1d8,1d4,1d10 ((8,7,2,5)). Runaway Ooze's reaction to Domino attempting to track Carnage.

Spending 1d8 doom to add a 3rd die to the total. Paying Domino 1 PP to keep the spent d8 in the doom pool.

Total: 20
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 0

The doom pool wins. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool via the doom pool's use of the "Runaway Ooze" distinction at d4. Spending 1d10 to create a scene complication: "Downpour of Rain." Paying Domino 1 additional PP to keep the spent d10 in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8


No sooner had Domino begun following the thin trail of red slime than she heard a loud crack of thunder overhead. Gazing up at the dark storm clouds gathering in the sky, she felt a smattering of rain hit her face. She had to hurry-- the downpour was already washing away her best shot at finding the symbiotic scoundrel. If she lost the trail, she might have to resort to teaming up with another do-gooder again, and there had already been quite enough of that for one day. No, this was only a temporary setback-- she knew her luck would win out in the end, one way or another.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:01, Sun 10 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 65 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 21:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moon Knight's spoken request lingers in the air as he is met with silence. There is only the eerie fuzz of static from the other end as he listens for any sign of a response. He is about to try a different line when there is suddenly a stacatto burst of noise in his ear:

"--Knight, come in--"

More static.

"Mayday-- they're inside--"

Silence.
Domino
 player, 29 posts
 Unspent Exp: 11
 PP: 2
Sun 10 May 2020
at 22:45
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Domino stood in the Downpour of Rain, she realised how painful the pumpkin burns were ... as the rain slammed into the burns like a million little hammers.
Whats more, the trail of slime was being washed away faster than she could find it.

She swore to herself.  This was not her day.

Recreate Asset 'Carnage File'
d8 Solo
d8 Hardened Mercenary
d10 Covert/Detective Mastery

- rolled 2,4,6 using d8,d8,d10.
Total: 10
Effect: d8

What's more, as she stood there, she realised that somehow everything she knew about Carnage ten minutes ago, had completely vanished from her head.

With no trail, no knowledge of the target beyond what the common man on the street knew, no backup ... Domino just stood there and let the rain wash over her.
'Fuck it', she thought to herself,  'Back to square one'.

She remembered that there was a Symbiote back there, that fate had distracted her from finishing off.
Maybe it could be 'convinced' to cooperate with her.

With a dint to her confidence, Domino turned around, and headed back to 'square one' ... where she'd left that arachni-hero screwing around with the symbiote.


PP: 3

This message was last edited by the player at 22:58, Sun 10 May 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 13 posts
Sun 10 May 2020
at 23:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Frenchie!!"

Damn it, they'd somehow found the lair! How?!

Moon Knight skidded as he turned, fighting against his momentum until he was racing back the way he came. Not only had they gotten into the lair, the Demogoblin had suckered him in the wrong direction! At top speed, he'd make it in five, maybe six minutes... but that was almost a lifetime in a crisis situation. Frenchie was as tough as they came, but could he last that long against symbiote creatures?

At least the wind was with him, letting him glide in short bursts to shorten the trip a bit and save some strength. Even still, he wasn't feeling very hopeful.

You bastards hurt Frenchie, and there will be VENGEANCE.
Domino
 player, 30 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Mon 11 May 2020
at 00:08
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Looking up, to curse the rain and storm again, Domino noticed Moon Knight racing across the rooftops ... away from the directions he had been, chasing Demogoblin.

THIS piqued her curiosity ... and he looked like he was either being chased by the very devil itself, or running towards something equally important.
Maybe, just maybe, the apparent Fist Of Khonshu knew something that Domino didn't ... and needed to.

On instinct more than anything, the Femme Fatale gave chase in the hope of catching her Buddy.
Her Superhuman Reflexes gave her the best advantages she could swing for herself, and her Staff came in handy for the leaping and the jumping and so forth.
The Watcher
 GM, 66 posts
Tue 12 May 2020
at 16:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carrion keeps a close eye on Daredevil as Spider-Man enters the rear of the truck, affording the heroes little time for any plans or preparation. Once Spider-Man is inside, the villain hits a switch to close the truck's rear gate. Without further ado, he begins driving off with the hero in tow, and in moments, he will leave Daredevil behind completely!

Daredevil's senses pick up the sound of Domino and Moon Knight nearby. But they seem to be going in the opposite direction of his protege, heading toward some new danger! He is faced with a choice: pursue Spidey alone, or try and join up with the others?

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:33, Tue 12 May 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 12 posts
Tue 12 May 2020
at 17:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I'll go with you, Carrion. Just let them go."

As Spider-Man makes his way into the back of the truck, he says one last thing to Daredevil without looking back.

"Daredevil. I'll go with him for now. The civilians are more important. Carnage and his twisted family are still out there. And who knows what Venom is up to? Take care of them. I'll be fine."
Daredevil
 player, 20 posts
 PP: 1 (starting new Act)
 XP: 7
Wed 13 May 2020
at 01:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil is silent and motionless as Spider-Man goes away, not out of weakness but in focusing his senses to memorize every aspect of the vehicle that will allow him to track it. If the nearby innocent bystanders are accounted for, hands down he takes the option to aid his frequent partner who is in dire need -- he can catch up to the others later, and there are more of them to help each other. The horned hero can stay on the task with more precision without the distraction of others in the first place (even conscious of the fact that if he's wrong, lives could be in jeopardy).

Once the truck rounds a corner, Daredevil takes off, concentrating on the vehicle and catching up to it using short-cuts through buildings and across rooftops. He can follow Spider-Man's heartbeat for a while but the truck's stinking motor emissions are an even clearer beacon. When he gets a bead on the escaping vehicle, he can formulate the next step of the plan to get his partner out of there and take care of Carrion once and for all. "Hang in there, Spidey," Daredevil whispers, in case any kind of communication or prayer can break through.

I can make a roll to create an Asset to follow the truck or spend PP to make a Resource.
The Watcher
 GM, 67 posts
Wed 13 May 2020
at 05:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the truck's lift gate closes behind him and everything goes dark, Spider-Man readies himself for anything. From glancing around, there doesn't appear to be anyone else inside the trailer, though. For the first time in what seems like ages, he's been given some space to relax-- ironic, given Carrion's intentions. Now might be a good time to take a look at his injuries and see what he can do about them.

Then, in the faint city light seeping in through the damaged truck exterior, the hero can see a glimmer of something in the far corner of the truck. A pair of narrowed eyes bore into him as a dark figure rises to its feet and a familiar voice growls in his direction:

"You mind your business, Parker, and we'll mind ours. We knew you didn't have what it took to save this city!"

@Daredevil Let's handle your tracking the truck as a Resource in this scene.

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:19, Wed 13 May 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 22 posts
 PP: 1 (starting new Act)
 XP: 7
Fri 15 May 2020
at 01:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil rushes across one rooftop then leaps to the next and the next after that, tuning his radar sense for the path in front of him, and keeping the truck on the streets beneath him. The truck makes it easy, with speeding, screeching tires, and the stink of emissions from an old motor for good measure. The distance becomes just too far to track Spider-Man's heartbeat, but the rest of the aspects of Carrion's means of escape make it a bright light in darkness. Tracking the thing is the easy part -- it could be extracting Spidey and putting down Carrion that could be the challenge. When the truck reveals itself once more on the open, nightly streets below, Daredevil smiles to himself as he starts to put together a plan, staying out of sight but pounding feet toward it.

Daredevil creates Bead on Spider-Man d8 Resource (from Covert Expert)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:26, Fri 15 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 70 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 14:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moving quickly, Domino manages to catch up to Moon Knight, intercepting him as he clears another rooftop. Standing before him in the rain, the mercenary appears ready to offer her assistance in whatever new mission he's taken up. She's heard a bit about this "Moon Knight" and his... unique reputation. Is the name he keeps yelling that of an ally, or is he just talking to himself, or his god or whatever? Domino knows she had better think of something to say fast before the guy decides she's in his way.

Next Action: Moon Knight

This message was last edited by the GM at 16:18, Fri 15 May 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 14 posts
Fri 15 May 2020
at 22:13
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Huh. Moon Knight had thought the woman with the black circle on her eye was injured in some way, but she managed to catch up with him regardless. She might come in handy, if these symbiote creatures had indeed invaded the lair... although he supposed Frenchie didn't really indicate who was attacking. It could be just about anyone, he supposed. But no matter who it was, Frenchie needed help, and Moon Knight was going to give it.

But, like he'd thought, the woman might actually prove useful. He just needed to get her to follow him.

"Sorry," he said, sliding past her. "Can't play right now."

Smooth, Stephen said in his head. Should have let me do the talking.
The Watcher
 GM, 71 posts
Sun 17 May 2020
at 02:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Elsewhere, Tigra stirs, awakening on a nearby rooftop. Her head is spinning from the side-effects of the black pumpkin bomb. She gives a shake of her head to get the rain drops out of her hair, her skin soaking wet from the downpour.

Skin?

Somehow she's reverted to her human form. Slowly, it all comes back to her. Demogoblin... He had said something about children being in danger somewhere. No, there was another word he had used, as she was being carried away in the grip of his flying death-machine...

"Innocents."

She vaguely remembers how she got here. She'd snapped out of her vision just as they were passing by a children's hospital being overrun by more symbiote monsters and rioting citizens. She'd heard the screams as the monsters broke through the barricades, flooding into the building. She'd sensed the panic of the innocent civilians trapped inside.

Tigra had pounced on that moment to unleash a spell, breaking free of her bonds and preparing to rush to the aid of the innocent civilians. But before the monsters had advanced too far, Demogoblin himself had swooped in and taken the fight to them with a fiery barrage of pumpkin bombs! As Tigra had fallen to the roof, she must have passed out again, but now she was awake and back in fighting shape.

As Demogoblin walks out of the hospital, he can be seen leading a group of children to safety. He looks up to Tigra, his red goblin eyes strangely calm.

"Get these little ones to safety," he calls to her. "I'll forego your punishment for now."

Before Tigra can reply, the goblin boards his flying glider and takes off!

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:52, Sun 17 May 2020.

Domino
 player, 31 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Sun 17 May 2020
at 03:48
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino hadn't been intending to stop the White knight from whatever crusade he was running towards ... or from? ... but she had hoped that he would at least slow down enough to tell her where the fire was.

"No time to rescue your friend either, huh?" she replied, as he pushed passed her.

- tap Milestone 'when you call out an ally, either for crossing the line or for not having the stomach to do what must be done'.
I understand I can do so once each scene, and this is a new scene, yes?


But as he seemed disinclined to explain himself, and she had to assume that something important had actually drawn him away from following the cat-sorcereress, she attempted to keep up with him ... in the hope that he might 'talk as they walk', so to speak.
Moon Knight
 player, 15 posts
Mon 18 May 2020
at 14:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Wrong friend," Moon Knight said before leaping the twelve foot gap to the next building. At this point he assumed the woman would be following, so he just kept talking. "Had to pick one or the other."

He had voices in his head, but until they spawned other bodies he could only be in one place at a time, dammit. And Tigra could fight. And do magic, somehow. (He'd really need to find out where that came from, because she couldn't even control her physical form without a magic amulet last time they'd seen each other.) So she could probably defend herself a lot better than a double-amputee. Frenchie was pretty tough, but he couldn't run away if retreat was called for.
Domino
 player, 33 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Tue 19 May 2020
at 13:45
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Fair enough”, Domino replied, as she raced to keep up with the Olympic Grade athlete.
I’ll tell you what, you throw me two clips of Incendiary when we’re done, and I’ll help you with this friend before I go on my way”, she called.
Domino had heard that the man behind that mask had been a soldier and a mercenary; so he no doubted had access to that sort of hardware, and would understand that kind of barter for her skills.

Tap Milestone ‘when you discuss payment for a deed’.
Moon Knight
 player, 16 posts
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:22
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Help me save my friend and you can raid my armory for whatever you like," Moon Knight said appreciatively. This one was a mercenary like himself, then. That was well. He knew how to deal with mercenaries. It was heroes that he failed to understand. And it was just as well that someone would put the guns and ammunition to good use; he didn't rely on them much, but he kept a good arsenal for emergencies. "Then we can go kill that flying goblin... thing."
Domino
 player, 34 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Tue 19 May 2020
at 14:35
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino nodded, “... and the Symbiotic Freak.
And I’ll hold you to that agreement
”.   She bloody well would, too.  Her choice from his armoury: Domino wasn’t going to turn that deal down.
And all she had to do to earn the prize was fuck up some folk who (probably) deserved it.

A smile of anticipation grew across her face as the two sped across the city.
The Watcher
 GM, 73 posts
Tue 19 May 2020
at 21:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
After a few more minutes of travel, the odd pair of Domino and Moon Knight at last arrive. Their journey has brought them to Hell's Kitchen, where lies the empty warehouse building that Moon Knight operates out of. *Luckily, the site isn't far from Pennsylvania Plaza, where this all began mere hours ago. Thankfully, the riots have moved on, though the ground here is strewn with glass shards and debris.

The building itself is oddly quiet considering the nature of Frenchie's radio call for help. None of the alarm systems are going off, which must mean the enemy snuck inside somehow. Whatever happened, Frenchie didn't even have time to manually activate them, which must be why he radioed Moon Knight instead. The vigilantes know they had better be wary of the Active Alarm Systems which could let their enemies know they're coming.

There are a number of ways the two could proceed. The outside of the building has several Air Ducts which the two could travel through in order to sneak in from above. Moon Knight also knows of a secret basement entrance into the Freight Elevator that could allow them to surprise their enemies from below.

Of course, they could always take the direct approach, and storm in through the main entrance. But that could be suicide, even with the plentiful Warehouse Equipment lying around for them to use in the inevitable fight.

Next Roll: Moon Knight (Please choose Spidey or Tigra next)

*About 8 minutes' travel according to Google Maps.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:56, Tue 19 May 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 17 posts
Tue 19 May 2020
at 22:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Let's take the below-ground route," Moon Knight whispered to his new Buddy, Domino. He appreciated that she'd be able to handle herself if it came to a fight, as they were both mercenaries with a Dangerous Past. Frenchie's alarm systems would still be active, but with his Enhanced Reflexes and Enhanced Durability, the Covert Master had an excellent chance of running the gauntlet in one piece.

Moon Knight rolled 3,7,2,5,8 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d10 ((3,7,2,5,8)).

Total: 15
Effect die: d8

Domino
 player, 35 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Tue 19 May 2020
at 23:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As a Covert Master with Superhuman Reflexes herself, and Domino assist Moon Knight with the Covert Intrusion?
Or does that require taking an action?

The Watcher
 GM, 75 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 01:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
@Domino Yes, it would require an action. You could do it on your next turn if you choose.

Moon Knight makes his way to the secret underground entrance, with Domino not far behind. Clearly there is more going on here than appearances suggest. The whole thing smells of a trap, and if the mercenaries play their cards right, they may just get the jump on any enemies who lie in wait.

Doom Pool 1d10, 1d8
"Active Alarm Systems" d10 Scene Complication

18:10, Today: The Watcher rolled 7,6,4 using 1d10,1d10,1d8 ((7,6,4)). Moon Knight attempting to sneak into the building.

Total: 13
Effect: d8

Moon Knight succeeds in sneaking past the alarm systems on this turn.


Keeping an eye out for any sign of an ambush, Moon Knight makes his way to a hidden panel in the ground near a dumpster (What is it with the dumpsters tonight?). Sliding it to one side, he can see into the underground passageway beyond. This is the entrance that leads to the Freight Elevator, and eventually, to where Frenchie must be.

But far away from here, another ally is dealing with his own problems. If his injuries and concern for Carrion's hostage weren't enough to deal with, it seems Spider-Man has also been confronted with yet another unpleasant reunion. For sharing the cramped quarters of his makeshift prison is none other than Eddie Brock, also known as Venom!

Next Action: Spider-Man

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:31, Wed 20 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 77 posts
Wed 20 May 2020
at 14:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom looks at Spider-Man with that familiar expression of contempt. It's almost a comforting sight on this dark, dangerous night.

"Relax, spider. We're not here to fight you... for now. Just to remind you of what's at stake."

He slams a fist against the metal wall of the trailer, pointing an accusatory finger at Spidey in the dim city light filtering in.

"We didn't expect you to fall so easily to that skinny punk, Carrion. Not when there are innocents out there that need protecting."

He doesn't seem to know anything about Carrion's hostage.
Spider-Man
 player, 13 posts
Thu 21 May 2020
at 07:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Venom..."

The words seethe out of the usually friendly mouth of the wall-crawler. Although Spider-Man's face is entirely covered with his (some would say iconic) webbed mask, the large, white eyes that covers a large portion of his disguise seem to narrow with a look that is unmistakably a scowl.

Venom is one of my deadliest foes. I don't know what his motives are, or if they'll change at a moment's notice. For now, I'll have to keep my guard up until I can get out of him what he's up to.

"So you're working with Carrion and this demented Symbiote and his family, Brock? This really isn't my night."

Despite Venom's assurance, Spider-Man stands ready for an attack. His fists stay clenched, his legs apart, and his posture looking as if he could pounce in a fraction of a second.

"I'm not the only hero in New York, you know. I've got plenty of friends out there helping the innocent people. Carrion took a hostage, and I saw no other way to save them except to meet his demands...for now. I'm not going to let them get away with this rampant murder and chaos."

DEADLY FOES OF SPIDER-MAN
1 XP when you declare a villain as an old foe.

The Watcher
 GM, 79 posts
Thu 21 May 2020
at 19:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Lots of friends out there, huh?" Venom snorts. "You mean like all those so-called 'heroes' that Carnage and his gang have been rounding up all over town?"

He gestures to the trailer walls and ceiling that serves as their temporary jail.

"A lot of other do-gooders have taken a ride on the Carnage-Mobile tonight, spider. What, did you think we were just taking a road trip or something?"


Venom's eyes narrow. "No... He's taking us back to their hideout. But that's OK, because we have a plan, and you're going to help us..."
Daredevil
 player, 24 posts
 PP: 1 (starting new Act)
 XP: 7
Fri 22 May 2020
at 08:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Daredevil pounds feet across the city's roofs in keeping up with the truck that is carting Spider-Man away, a thought flits back: Why was that crowd of people rioting? Was mind-control to blame? If so, by whom? But the notion in his mind shuts off when the moment comes for his body to act: The truck on the street below plows into a semi in an intersection, not enough to stop it but to slow enough that maybe it could be accessed from a lower building between here and there. Maybe. If the angles are just right and the jump doesn't over- or under-shoot and Carrion doesn't speed up suddenly or put on the brakes or -- So many variables he doesn't have the time for. This instant for action will only come once -- if there's any more to it then he's a dead hero. The city is an enormous smear of distractions for his senses, overwhelming sensation unless he concentrates, and so much pressing on him, have to get this just right --

Slam! An explosion of noise from inside the trailer, then another, sinister voice, not far from where Spidey must be, brings DD back into focus, and becomes a clear target for his senses. With that, he knows just where he needs to go. And so, not taking even another breath to think otherwise, he takes the leap from the building, waiting for his next thought to be that he made contact with landing on the top of the truck.
The Watcher
 GM, 80 posts
Sat 23 May 2020
at 20:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom's gaze flits to the ceiling as there is a light thump from above.

"Friend of yours, huh?" he says to Spider-Man. "Good. We'll need him. Now, listen up, spider, because we don't want to repeat ourselves."

Venom folds his arms and leans against the side of the truck. His symbiotic mask retracts so Parker can make out the details of his face in the dim light.

"Carnage and those other freaks hit the Life Foundation building a few hours ago. We-- the symbiote and I-- followed them there and got the jump on Kasady. We were about to take his head off when Shriek and Demogoblin showed up. Sonics and fire... It wasn't a fair fight."

His pride clearly wounded, he waves a hand as if not wanting to discuss the details.

"When we woke up, they had locked us in some kind of symbiote extraction machine. Carrion had used the damn thing on us... Split us apart!"

He shakes his head as if reliving the experience, before taking a breath and continuing on.

"We played dead. Listened as Carrion studied us. He said the symbiote had mutated our blood somehow. But he had no idea just what that meant. He thinks we're a sitting duck right now, and we'll let him keep on thinking that right until he takes us to where the others are."

He lifts his own arm, the symbiote peeled back to expose his bare flesh. Drawing a sharpened finger against his own skin, Eddie watches as blackish ooze drips from the wound.

"As you can see, spider, the Venom symbiote and Eddie Brock are still one! Even separated, the symbiote regenerates in our bloodstream. A perfect copy!"

He looks at Spider-Man, his expression already telling the hero what he is thinking.

"And if this mutation happened with us..." Brock continues. "Then the same must be true for Carnage. If removing his symbiote won't work, there's only one way to deal with him, spider..."

Venom dons his mask again, his white eyes narrowed into slits.

"No more games. As soon as we see Kasady, we kill him on the spot!"
Tigra
 player, 14 posts
Sun 24 May 2020
at 00:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 125):

Demogoblin was asking Tigra something about children...wait- no, commanding her? Saving her?  No. Something else was going on.  She had to be careful.
Her head was pounding and she had her human hands again.
He’s letting me go. Am I in his debt now? What is he doing here and what was he planning on doing with me?

The crying and screaming children felt like a punch to the gut.
She rushed them all away from the chaos. “Follow me, little ones. I'll take you to safety.”
Tigra opened a portal, the den to the Sanctum Sanctorum on the other side, Wong looking up from his Chronicles of Narnia book, sitting in his cushy big red chair.
"Wong, can you get these children to safety, please? I don't know what's going on...I.. need you to take them and contact their guardians.”

Tigra found herself crying, a huge wave of emotion rushing over her, she remembered all the people she had failed. My Cat People...Oh, how it hurt to think of her first husband. Of Russ, her current husband so far away from her. And Domino - I hope she's okay, I can't believe I didn't put a protection spell on her. And was that Moon Knight who was helping them out?

"Tigra, you're the Sorceress Supreme. You'll know what to do," reassured Wong as the last of the children went through and the portal closed.

Tigra had a heavy heart. All she wanted  was to be back home, wrapped in a blanket, eating some waffles, and sipping on warm tea. She had no  idea of where she was or what was happening. Perhaps she ought to backtrack to her team, but right now it she was a wreck.

Tigra, crying, sat amongst the chaos, took a deep breath and tried to heal.
Solo d8
Mystical Legend (failing as one) d4
Mystic Master d10, converted to 2d8

16:53, Today: Tigra rolled 4,4,3,8 using d8,d4,d8,d8 for healing emotional damage.

Total: 12
Effect die: d8
No opportunities
PP: 1 + 1 from d4

The Watcher
 GM, 81 posts
Sun 24 May 2020
at 18:35
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra removing the children from the scene results in the scene complication going away.

Tigra tries hard to remember the incantations for a soul cleansing spell Wong taught her long ago. True, she could have just asked him for a refresher a moment ago, but that would be bad form. She was, after all the Sorceress Supreme. It was time to start acting like one.

Doom Pool 1d10, 1d8

11:02, Today: The Watcher rolled 9,2 using 1d10,1d8 ((9,2)). Doom pool reaction to Tigra's recovery roll.

Total: 11
Effect: d4

Tigra wins. Her Emotional Stress steps back to d8.

Tigra's body glows with ethereal light as the darkness of Demogoblin's black pumpkin bomb is drained from her soul. The warm sensation leaves her with the feeling of satisfaction one might get after removing a bad stain from their carpet. As if in response, she feels herself transform once more into her feline form. Feeling a renewed sense of determination, the sorceress is ready to renew her mission.

"Chosen Champion of the Cat People. Sorceress Supreme. And the one who's gonna save this city from those damn freaks."

Suddenly, Tigra's ears perk up in response to a nearby sound. Whirling, she sees none other than the spider-doppelganger from before, watching her from the shadows with its blank expression. Both heroine and beast freeze.

Then there is a sound of rending metal as, down on the streets below, a semi-truck plows into another vehicle and knocks it aside. As Tigra and Doppelganger turn, they both see the truck barreling away. Tigra catches a glimpse of the tacky writing scrawled on its side in huge, looping letters: "CARNAGE RULES!" And who is that perched atop the truck? Doppelganger lets out a yip of excitement.

"Grandfather!" it cries, scuttling in the direction of the vehicle.

Fudged this roll a bit, but suffice to say Tigra recovers some stress.

Next Action: The Watcher (Specific character TBD)

The Watcher
 GM, 82 posts
Wed 27 May 2020
at 01:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The truck-- or rather, Carnage-Mobile, as everyone seems to insist on calling it-- barrels along for a good stretch of time. How long has it been since Carrion sped away from the scene with Spidey in the back of the semi-truck? Five minutes? Ten? Twenty? Perched atop the truck, Daredevil's used the time to listen in for any more information from Spider-Man and Venom's conversation, not missing a single word of it. He feels the cool air from the nearby Hudson River blowing in from the west. The sensation should be relaxing, but he can't shake the feeling that there's something odd about the direction Carrion is heading.

Then the blind hero's ears pick up a faraway sound, coming from a familiar landmark. Yankee Stadium? But that doesn't make any sense. No one should be there right now.

And then, a familiar voice, coming from the loudspeakers of the stadium up ahead. Of all the times... of all the places... of all the people. Why him? But it all made sense now, didn't it?

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls!" booms the amplified voice of the psychopath. "Are you ready to play ball?!"

Murdock knows that voice anywhere.

Bullseye.

Then there is the sound of raucous cheering from what must be scores of people. With a crowd that large, who knows how many other villains could be lurking in it? There are still a few moments before the truck will reach whatever horror show awaits. Spidey looked pretty shaken earlier-- now might be a good time for Daredevil to check in with his partner and make sure he's ready for whatever comes next.

Final action in the Transition Scene goes to Daredevil. Then we'll start off some more action.

This message was last edited by the GM at 01:31, Wed 27 May 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 14 posts
Wed 27 May 2020
at 02:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I'm not a murderer, Brock. And you know I can't let you kill Kasady, either."

Spider-Man's posture straightens, but he remains on his guard.

Venom doesn't seem to be interested in a fight right now, but that can change before I could blink.

"What would they be looking for in the Life Foundation? What do you know about their plans, or where we're headed?"
Daredevil
 player, 25 posts
 PP: 1 (starting new Act)
 XP: 7
Wed 27 May 2020
at 08:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil, atop the truck, absorbed every word from the two inside the back. He already had Spider-Man's heartbeat memorized, and could tell his partner understood the heightened state of danger with a foe in the back, but was relaxed, albeit slightly, enough that he could trust Venom to not be the immediate threat. If Spidey could calm, then so could DD. He got a track on Venom as well, also in a calmer state. Daredevil had stayed tense, to jump in at the slightest sign of trouble, but he could surmise that Spidey had it under control. I'm not a murderer, Brock. And you know I can't let you kill Kasady, either, was all the horned hero needed to hear to know that Spidey had his space under control. He trusted his frequent partner of years explicitly, but this was a situation more extreme than either would encounter on the average day, to say nothing of possibly resorting to fighting fire with fire and Spidey's personal stake in all this.

As Carrion continued to thunder down the city street, DD had tensed to leap into the back of the truck, until the truck barreled toward Yankee Stadium and the voice of an all-too-familiar foe. Now DD had his own personal stake in this, blast it all.

Daredevil could hold on to the truck but he couldn't comprehend what might come next. Symbiotes, rioters, fire, the Yankees, a witchy tiger-woman, and now Bullseye -- this was just one of those nights. And just like usual he was diving right in. But looking first was never -- could never be -- his thing.

"Whoa! Comin' through, sports fans!" Daredevil calls as a warning to anyone who isn't practicing nefarious deeds when the truck rolls into the stadium. "As my pal Bob Sheppard would say, 'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome... to Yankee Stadium!'" Then he crouches on top of the truck, ready to leap into action when the next threat pops up, even when it's the truck finally colliding to a full stop.
The Watcher
 GM, 83 posts
Thu 28 May 2020
at 01:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"The lunatic wanted himself some symbiotes." Venom growls. "So he took 'em. Said he's gonna use 'em to turn the whole damn city into 'one big happy family.'"

Watching Spidey's expression, Venom seems to decide his partner is surprised by this news.

"Don't worry, spider, we're sure the 'plan' also involves him murdering anyone who gets in his way," Venom shrugs. "For all his talk, he's still the same old psychopath."

Suddenly, the whole truck is rocked by a mighty impact-- and then another-- as Carrion plows through what can only be a series of walls. The vehicle comes to a screeching halt, smoke billowing out in every direction as the engine groans in distress before dying completely. As the sounds of a jam-packed Yankee Stadium can be heard outside the trailer, Venom braces himself against the wall, then places a hand against a hole in the metal. A symbiotic tendril pokes out, performing what Spidey takes to be a quick look-around.

"Hmph, Venom mutters. "Yankee Stadium? We wouldn't have taken that punk Carrion for a sports fan."

A second later, Venom draws the appendage back into his mass, giving a shake of his head.

"This... isn't good," he says. "We could have handled Carrion and those other losers Carnage hangs with just fine. But the number of bad guys out there... Is the entire goddamn Raft his family now?"

Venom looks to the ceiling.

"If your friend's still up there, let's hope he has a plan."

Then, the sound of a door pushed open and footsteps on grass, as someone approaches the rear of the vehicle!

Follow-up posts to set up DD/Spidey's action scene and Domino/Moon Knight's action scene coming shortly.
The Watcher
 GM, 84 posts
Fri 29 May 2020
at 18:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carrion throws open the doors of the wrecked trailer, his haughty expression boring into each of his prisoners in turn. "Now, Spider-Man, you shall do exactly as I say. One wrong move and this man will--"

But then, evidently having had enough of being a victim, the hostage begins to struggle. Carrion's expression twists into a furious scowl as he simply grabs onto the man harder. As the blackish symbiote bubbles and oozes from Carrion's death-touch, the assembled heroes feel what is almost a telepathic scream of pain coming from the alien lifeform. Desperate to escape, the ooze shifts away from Carrion's touch and before anyone can react, launches itself directly at Spider-Man! In an instant, the hero is engulfed from head to toe in its ink-like form, which darkens his costume to a shade of deep black.

"That's... our symbiote," Venom remarks, a touch of surprise in his voice. "The one Carrion stole from us. Guess that makes this one we're wearing a clone of sorts."

But the anti-hero doesn't sound angry. Rather, there is a strange note of pride in his voice.

"The look suits you, spider," Venom nods. "Suddenly we get the feeling we're gonna get along with you after all."

Spider-Man unlocks the Symbiote Suit power set in return for spending 15 XP.

Next Action: Carrion

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:23, Fri 29 May 2020.

Carrion
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 29 May 2020
at 19:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Damn slippery thing!" Carrion snarls, having lost his grip on the hostage in the symbiote's explosion of movement.

"I tire of these antics," he seethes, advancing toward the man with both of his deadly hands outstretched. "Consider this your first failure in a night full of them, Spider-Man!"

The man-- an average Joe, really-- trembles as he looks around desperately to each of the heroes for some sign of help!

Solo d10
Vendetta Against Spider-Man d4 (Somehow blaming him for the hostage/symbiote's actions)
Death Touch 2d10 (Due to SFX)

SFX: Ash to Ash, Dust to Dust. Against a single target, step up or double Death Touch. Spend d6 from the doom pool to do both. If the action fails, spend a doom die equal to or larger than the normal rating of the power die.

11:58, Today: Carrion rolled 7,3,3,7 using 1d10,1d4,1d10,1d10 ((7,3,3,7)). Carrion attempting to increase the doom pool via killing the hostage.

Total: 14
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Adding 1d6 to the doom pool via Carrion's use of the "Vendetta Against Spider-Man" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 1d6

Reaction Needed: Daredevil or Spider-Man
Next Action: Spider-Man

This message was last edited by the player at 20:10, Fri 29 May 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 85 posts
Sun 31 May 2020
at 18:26
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Far away from Yankee Stadium, Domino and Moon Knight make their way toward the freight elevator in the bottom floor of Moon Knight's headquarters. As the two proceed, they are alert for any signs of activity in the dimly lit corridor. There are loose piles of boxes on either side of the hallway, apparently overturned by the intruders as they made their way into the base. Huge pools of water have formed from dripping pipes overhead, slashed open in the assault. One look at the damage is enough to know that these intruders are a force to be reckoned with.

As the two mercenaries head down the hall, an alarm terminal on a nearby wall can be seen hanging open. The device shows clear signs of being tampered with-- exposed wires cut and then re-attached, and telltale ooze on several of the buttons. Clearly someone has been monkeying with the headquarter's security systems.

Suddenly the light above the freight elevator flickers, and there is a sudden flash of movement from within. Something or someone has just entered the elevator, and triggered the doors to close. If the pair hurry, they might be able to get inside before the doors shut completely. Or perhaps they should hang back-- it could be a trap!

@Domino and Moon Knight New scene distinctions added for this section of the base. I'll let you guys decide how to proceed, and then we'll get the action started.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:29, Sun 31 May 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 26 posts
 PP: 1 (starting new Act)
 XP: 7
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 09:45
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage


Daredevil has bided his time, waiting for the most opportune moment to jump in, to get a sense of what's going before he adds to the chaos, but that moment has come to an end when a civilian is in danger.

The horned hero has used Spider-Man's heartbeat as a tether, tracking its rhythms and the warnings his partner is getting from that vaunted danger sense. Venom knows he's here too, but if that monster hasn't moved against him yet then maybe he'll have a minute to prioritize the immediate threats.

DD can hear news reporters not far away, surely about to descend like vultures on the story of the skirmish that he's about to introduce himself to, but he can hope that the villains will have the same distraction.

Spider-Man might be taking a moment to catch his breath but that civilian's life in harm's way can't wait. A distanced attack would be wiser, to stay away from the villain's reach, but time to formulate a plan has run out! Without taking another instant of hesitation, Daredevil connects his billy club's swing-line to the tallest pole atop the nearest news-van and makes the leap. "Hey, Carrion!" Daredevil calls in mid-swing. "My foot has a message for you!"

Reaction to Carrion attempting to increase the doom pool, Total: 14, Effect: d10:
Buddy    d8
News Broadcasting Vehicles (distracting)    d4
(+1 PP)
Billy Club/Swingline    d6
Hypersenses/Superhuman Senses    d10
Combat Expert    2d6
Carrion Physical Stress    d10
Bead on Spider-Man Resource    d6

DD rolled Daredevil rolled 7,2,1,3,2,3,10,3 using d8,d4,d6,d10,d6,d6,d10,d6 ((7,2,1,3,2,3,10,3)).

Total: 17; Effect: d10
1 Opportunity

PPs: 1 (starting; from msg #144) +1 (negative Distinction) +1 (Opportunity)= 3


Daredevil slams his diving foot smack in the middle of Carrion's decaying face, forcing the putrid villain back at least a step, which is all the hero needs. Now DD has placed himself between Carrion and the civilian, giving the innocent man the space to make a hasty escape, even if Daredevil is now directly in front of his foe and that deathly touch!
The Watcher
 GM, 86 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 19:00
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage


Daredevil succeeds in blocking Carrion's attempt to increase the doom pool by killing his hostage.

Carrion lets out a cry of pain as Daredevil's kick launches him flat on his back. Clutching a hand to his face in pain, the villain rolls over and struggles his way into a kneeling position. As he gives a shake of his head to get his bearings again, he seems to spot something through the corner of his eye.

Anyone peering through the massive hole in the stadium walls might see it too. Through the damaged, rubble-strewn section where Carrion's truck made its entrance, there is a clear view down the city streets. Odd though it seems, fast approaching the stadium is a burning figure atop a black motorcycle!

Ghost Rider added to the turn order.

Next Action: Spider-Man

Tigra
 player, 15 posts
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 21:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 141):

Tigra calmed down and collected herself. She was back to her cat form. She definitely has had better days. She watched Doppelganger follow behind the truck after they made eye contact, but didn't hear her "Who are you calling grandfather?!" She had to follow both him and the truck, seeing that the truck had the obvious "Carnage Rules" scribbled on the side. She hoped she could finally catch a break and find answers to this crazy day. Domino and Moon Knight were probably doing their thing now, and she was sure they could look after themselves.

Well, what better day than to try flying by myself for the first time, huh?

She glanced to the side of the rooftop, seeing that if she were to fall, she would at least land on her feet. The advantage of being a cat. The sorceress whispered an incantation under her breath, and she slowly levitated. After acclimating her gliding from one end of the rooftop to the other, she picked up speed and followed behind Doppelganger and the truck until she arrived at a stadium. Tigra saw a Behinana, hopeful she could have a snack before sneaking around, but to her dismay it was closed, tripled locked. These New York people sure do know how to lock up merchandise. Guess it means less distractions for me. But I'm gonna have to get some sushi after this.  She would have to wait and hope her stomach didn't give away her location as she sneaked up to the gathering of some figures in the diamond below. Doppelganger was already slowly making his way through the stadium and she followed after him.
Domino
 player, 37 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Tue 2 Jun 2020
at 23:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Watcher:
Suddenly the light above the freight elevator flickers, and there is a sudden flash of movement from within. Something or someone has just entered the elevator, and triggered the doors to close. If the pair hurry, they might be able to get inside before the doors shut completely. Or perhaps they should hang back-- it could be a trap!

@Domino and Moon Knight New scene distinctions added for this section of the base. I'll let you guys decide how to proceed, and then we'll get the action started.


Domino, who (of course) already had her Guns drawn, noted the imminent threat ... as I am sure Moon Knight did.
She considered this 'his' affair: she was simply the hired gun to back him up.  As such, she was inclined to let Moon Knight decide how he wanted to proceed at this point.

It didn't stop her Superhuman Reflexes from kicking in, as she slipped behind some of the Overturned Crates, though: for both protection and surprise.   Her years of Covert activity made this sort of reaction as natural to her as breathing.
After all, the threat here were no doubt expecting her Buddy here, and probably not anyone else with him.
Action:  create once-off Asset to use against the next threat to appear  "A Body in the Darkness"
d8   Affiliation: Buddy
d8   Distinction: Overturned Crates
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Covert Master

- rolled 3,2,3,5 using d8,d8,d10,d10.  A Body in the Darkness.
Total: 8
Effect: d10 to use in first action against the next threat ... 'Surprise'
Opportunities: 0

PP: 3


Next: tell me what we are doing, Moon Knight

Spider-Man
 player, 15 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 01:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the inky alien life-form lunges at Spider-Man, he was unable to react quick enough. With no Spider-Sense to aid him, he was caught off guard as his focus was on Carrion and the hostage. The Venom Symbiote spreads over his entire body before Spider-Man has a chance to do anything.

No! Not again! I can't let the Symbiote bond itself to me!

Looking at his chest, he sees the large, white spider symbol he had worn in the past. He's used this symbol since he was bonded with the Symbiote, but for a long time, it's only been used when his anger and hatred were driving him to act violently.

Spider-Man feels a familiar sensation, as if every inch of him is tingling from having fallen asleep. His limbs feel lighter and stronger. His body temperature feels perfect and regulated. It's like a whole body massage. Everything about the Symbiote is comforting and exhilarating. You'll never feel as whole as you do when you're together, as if it's the missing piece that can make you the best version of you that you were always meant to be. Perfect symbiosis. Extremely addicting.

And then—from the back of his skull, from the deepest reaches of his mind, from the synapses firing inside his brain where his Spider-Sense travels through every nerve—comes a voice. It's so subtle that you won't even know it's there at first. It feels just like your own thoughts and ideas and emotions, convincing you that everything is fine and that you're right in what you're doing. A voice that Spider-Man only recognizes now because of what he's seen and done under the influence of the Symbiote, and what he's seen it do to others under its influence.

"Unh..Hnng! C-Can't..."

Spider-Man grabs tightly onto the living thing covering his chest, attempting to pry it from him. No matter how hard he pulls, it pulls back stronger. His hands feel trapped as if they're pulling on tar.

CRACK!

Spider-Man's senses are pulled back into the moment as Daredevil's kick connects with Carrion's head. Spider-Man's eyes follow Carrion as he rolls away, shaking off the pain from the attack and kneels, distracted.

Glaring at Carrion, a new emotion suddenly fills Spider-Man.

Carrion! This is all his fault! He's willing to kill innocent people to get to me. Him and Carnage and all the rest!

In an instant, Spider-Man is seething with anger. His arm reaches out towards the villain. The thought comes, and the suit reacts. As tendrils extend forth from his arms as if it's the most natural feeling in the world.

Tentacle attack on Carrion
Buddy d10
Friendly Neighborhood Hero? d4 + 1 PP (Spider-Man is definitely not acting friendly right now)
SPIDER-POWERS Superhuman Strength d8 (stepped back from d10)
SYMBIOTE SUIT Tentacles d8
SFX: Feed Me. Add d6 to your dice pool for an attack action and step back the highest die in your pool by -1. Step up physical stress inflicted by +1.
Combat Expert d8

20:08, Today: Spider-Man rolled 4,2,5,3,2,1 using d10,d4,d8,d8,d6,d8.

Spending 1 PP to keep additional total die

Total: 11
Effect: d10 (stepped up from d8 per SFX)
Opportunities: 1


As the tendrils attack Carrion, Spider-Man looks at his arm.

It's as if someone else is controlling my arm...but...I know...It's me doing this.


1 PP remaining (from Watcher auto purchasing opportunities)
Next Action: Ghost Rider (Welcome aboard!)

This message was last edited by the player at 01:24, Wed 03 June 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 88 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 02:19
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Adding 2d6 to the doom pool for Daredevil and Spider-Man's opportunities.

Carrion turns his attention back to Spider-Man as the black-suited hero's symbiotic tendrils close around his throat. As it begins to squeeze, the symbiote seems to be intelligently clinging to the villain's ragged clothing so as to avoid his deadly flesh. As the air is choked from his lungs, Carrion reacts on pure instinct, reaching a hand up to try and grasp onto the symbiote and fry it with his ability.

18:53, Today: Carrion rolled 1,2,7 using 1d10,1d4,1d10.  Carrion relying on his death-touch to keep him safe from Spidey's tentacles.

Total: 9
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 3d6

Spider-Man wins. Carrion takes d10 of Physical Stress, which brings him up to d12 Physical Stress.

But it's too late. The oxygen is already leaving Carrion's brain as the symbiote grips him tighter and tighter, and in a mere instant, the villain goes completely limp. Hands dropped to his side, head rolled back, Carrion is now completely helpless in Spider-Man's grasp.

Next Action: Ghost Rider

@Domino Doom pool reaction coming up shortly.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:32, Wed 03 June 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 89 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 02:58
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
19:46, Today: The Watcher rolled 4,2 using 1d6,1d6 ((4,2)). Doom pool reaction to Domino creating the "A Body in the Darkness" asset.

Total: 6
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 0

Domino wins. "A Body in the Darkness" d10 asset created.


Domino takes cover behind the stack of crates, gaining a covert position from which she can back up Moon Knight in the event of an ambush. Peering around the edge of the column, she can make out the sight of a familiar shape in the elevator. It's the red blob of ooze from earlier, taken on the shape of a miniature pint-sized Carnage!

@Domino Interestingly, I learned recently that the Watcher doesn't have to roll the entire doom pool when opposing the players with it. While I would normally go all-out in a high-stakes scenario, I'm going to try experimenting with having the doom dice rolled reflect the risk level of the scene/action.
Moon Knight
 player, 18 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 04:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"It's a trap," Moon Knight decided in a low whisper. He was crazy, but he wasn't stupid.

Being crazy, though, he charged right ahead, attempting to wedge his staff in the lowering lift-gate door to the elevator and prevent it from moving.



Buddy d8
Fist of Khonshu d4 (+1 PP)
Weapon d8
Enhanced Strength d10 (Lunar Might SFX)
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 8,4,2,2,2 using d8,d4,d8,d10,d10 ((8,4,2,2,2)).

Total: 12
Effect: d10

Gains +1 PP
No opportunities

The Watcher
 GM, 92 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 18:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 156):

10:39, Today: The Watcher rolled 1,4 using 1d8,1d6.  Doom pool reaction to Moon Knight attempting to slow down the elevator.

Total: 4
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Moon Knight wins with an extraordinary success. "Freight Elevator" d8 scene distinction removed and replaced with "Fleeing Carnage Minion" distinction.


Moon Knight charges forward and jams his staff between the elevator doors, quickly preventing them from shutting. Immediately, the strange little quasi-Carnage inside melts back into puddle-form, sliding through a gap in the elevator walls. Through a glass panel in the ceiling, Moon Knight can see the little imp taunting him. It blows a raspberry at him before turning away and climbing its way up the elevator shaft. Where it's going is anyone's guess, but it may just lead straight to Carnage.

Behind Domino, what formerly looked like stray puddles of liquid rise into the air. Unlike the symbiotes encountered earlier, which were bonded to human hosts, these are symbiotes in their natural form. Desperate for a host to glom onto, they slither towards the elevator. In moments, they will pass Domino's hiding spot as they make their way straight for Moon Knight!

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:18, Wed 03 June 2020.

Ghost Rider
 player, 2 posts
Wed 3 Jun 2020
at 18:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Johnny Blaze's motorcycle had just crossed the George Washington Bridge from the Jersey side into New York City, navigating the off ramp onto I-87 South and passing the world-famous Yankee Stadium when he heard the crash, saw the cars on the highway on the northbound side slow to a stop. Pulling off to the left side of the road, the stunt driver saw the likely cause of the commotion: a gaping hole in the side of the stadium.

"New York City," Johnny mutters. "Nothing else like it."

Gunning the bike, he weaves his way through the traffic to the nearest exit and quickly finds himself on Jerome Avenue. From there it's a quick curb-jump onto the sidewalk, and into the stadium, where he sees a black-suited man sprouting...tendrils?...and choking the life out of some other costumed figure.

"Time for Johnny Blaze to exit, and the Ghost Rider to appear!"

In a flash of hellfire, the skin of Johnny Blaze's head ignites, turning it into the ghastly form of a flaming skull. Gunning the bike, the macabre man points his hand and fires!

"Away! The Ghost Rider commands it!"

Shooting at Spider-Man! (Sorry, Spidey!)

Solo: D10
Avenger of the Innocent: D8
Hellfire: D8
Vehicle Master: D10

14:45, Today: Ghost Rider rolled 8,2,6,6 using d10,d8,d8,d10 ((8,2,6,6)).
Total: 14
Effect: D10

This message was last edited by the player at 13:15, Thu 04 June 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 16 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 11:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Carrion goes limp in the Symbiote's grasp, Spider-Man's anger is replaced with horror at what he's done.

"No! I-I didn't mean to..."

The tentacle's grip begins to loosen. But suddenly, Spider-Man's senses alerts him to danger. Ghost Rider's flaming skull comes into view just as his blasts do. Spider-Man attempts to leap out of the way of the attack.

Reaction to Ghost Rider's attack (Total: 14, Effect: D10)
Solo d8 (I feel like Spider-Man would count as acting on his own here without help from anyone else)
Friendly Neighborhood Hero? d4 + 1 PP (Still not quite himself)
SPIDER-POWERS Enhanced Senses d8
SYMBIOTE SUIT Superhuman Durability d10
Acrobatics Master d10

06:42, Today: Spider-Man rolled 6,2,8,4,8 using d8,d4,d8,d10,d10.

Total: 16
Effect: d10


If not for his Spider-Sense, the Wall-Crawler would be extra crispy right now. Spider-Man narrowly avoids the attack with a high leap that sends him over the blast, landing a few feet from where he had been standing. However, the hellfire elicits a reaction from Spidey's new suit.

"Aaah!"

The sudden appearance of fire has the Symbiote bristling. The all-over comfort of the Symbiote has become a million needles pricking Peter's skin, telling him to get away from the flame as fast as he can.

The Symbiote Suite has the following Limit: Fire and Sonic Weakness. On a fire or sonic-based attack, change any Symbiote power into a complication and step up or add d6 to the doom pool.

2 PP Remaining.

Tigra
 player, 16 posts
Thu 4 Jun 2020
at 21:27
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Man (msg # 159):

Tigra, now close to the action, saw Spider-Man barely missing Ghost Rider's hellfire.
Tigra attempted to recall her studies on a not-so-obscure book she first found when she became Sorceress Supreme. Ah, yes, page 75 from my "Entities to Stay Away From" guide. I have no idea what will hold him. Wasn't supposed to come across him to begin with. He'll kick my butt. What a day. Holy items! No, might hurt him and piss him off and we don't want that - oh! Maybe the Bands of Cytorrak might be strong enough to restrain him for a while.

She leaps from her hiding spot, landing between Spider-Man and the vengeful spirit.

"Mr. Blaze, Sir, I am sure we are on the same side. Nice to meet you, the new Sorceress Supreme, Tigra. Spider-Man is just like you, Mr. Blaze. He's an innocent and it isn't his fault he has all the weird tentacles and is binded to a symbiote. He can't help it.  We are all trying to find the guilty and punish them - Carnage and Shriek. They've been doing experiments on the innocent and I know you have your duty. We can all work together.
I will try to restrain you so we can all here have a conversation and nobody gets hurt since we all have done questionable actions in the past that may require us to pay for our sins and you may not be able to help yourself. I know you were sent over by a greater Power because it knows we need your help. Think of all the good change you can do to help all these people in this city, maybe even the world!"


Tigra tries to summon the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak as a complication for Ghost Rider to keep him from unleashing hell upon the stadium.
Team d10
Adventurous Sorceress d8 (new experiences are thrilling!)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Supreme Sorcery d10 to create the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak complication.
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

Milestones; SUMMONER SUPREME
1 XP when you discuss the greater Powers at work in a given situation or which Powers could be brought to bring about change.

14:18, Today: Tigra rolled 6,1,3,8 using d10,d8,d10,d10 ((6,1,3,8)).

Total: 14
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1
PP: 2

The Watcher
 GM, 93 posts
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 00:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Spider-Man drops Carrion following the Ghost Rider's attack, the villain draws a sharp breath and begins scrambling away.

"Oh no you don't!" growls Venom, taking a step forward to stop the escapee. But then, to his surprise, he spies Doppelganger already moving to intercept the villain. Trapped between them, Carrion looks from one to the other in confusion.

"Doppelganger! You followed us here just so you could turn against me? And you, Venom! I took your symbiote away! How--?!"

Doppelganger hisses angrily at Carrion, then looks up at Venom with a strange affection.

"Doppel... Help... Grandfather," it rasps.

"You sure did," Venom remarks, giving the beast a pat on the head. "Good boy, Doppel. Too bad Carrion's not safe for eating... His head looks delicious, doesn't it?"

The heroes can only guess what other strange alliances will be made before this night ends! And speaking of alliances, will the Ghost Rider heed Tigra's words or has her attempt to bind the Spirit of Vengeance just caused things to heat up even more? Someone had better get things under control here before someone gets hurt!

Adding 2d6 to the doom pool for Ghost Rider and Tigra's opportunities. (Bearing in mind Ghost Rider's limit counts 2's as opportunities.)

Reaction Needed: Ghost Rider (To Tigra's complication)

Next Action: Daredevil

This message was last updated by the GM at 00:21, Fri 05 June 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 28 posts
 PPs: 3
 XPs: 7
Fri 5 Jun 2020
at 09:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil was about to move between Spidey and the newly-appeared Ghost Rider to block the demon's attack but it was less of a muscle twitch before sorcery intervened. He's had relationships with magicks before, though as briefly as he could ever manage, and he knew to give it a wide berth when he could. Though his path kept crossing with Tigra of late, through all her various permutations. But this is business. Best to keep it professional.

He takes in the scene, tracking the heartbeats around him: Tigra, Spider-Man (monitoring as a tether to his danger-sense), Carrion (for what there was and what he was left with), now the Doppelganger and the carnival he brought with him, and the Ghost Rider, whose heartbeat it could be hard to get a bead on even, but even blind it was hard to miss a guy standing in the middle of an inferno. The guy certainly didn't make a point of staying quiet or subtle. Blaze -- or Ketch, or Zarathos himself, whoever he was these days -- could usually be counted on as an ally, but it was never a promise. Now with coming on to attack Spider-Man, the 'rider could probably be trusted as well as Venom. It would be a good idea to get a clear idea on that as well before including them all in this rodeo.

Daredevil turns to concentrate hard on the unpredictable heartbeat of the black, inky symbiote. "Venom!" the horned hero calls. "Are you with us or against us? Decide now!" he demands. Whether Venom could commit to fighting against Carnage's forces or was allying with the other side -- or even staking a own claim to his own -- DD could track his heartbeat to know exactly where he -- it -- stood. DD knew it was like putting his head in the jaws of a hungry shark in the first place to even consider trusting Venom to be on his side but this situation was falling apart quickly and they'd need all the help they could get. They, he thought. Now I'm taking charge. But maybe the fittest leader would be the one who could have the sense -- or senses -- to figure out what's going on.

Mental attack on Venom to either talk him into siding with us, or know if he's against us:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear (ill-advisedly taking on Venom as an ally)    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12 (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Superhuman Senses Power Stunt (tracking so many heartbeats)    d8
(-1 PP)
Psych Expert    d8
Bead on Spider-Man Resource    d6

Daredevil rolled 3,1,3,6,4,1 using d6,d4,d12,d8,d8,d6 ((3,1,3,6,4,1)).
Radar Sense SFX Reroll: DD rolled Daredevil rolled 6,1,2,2,7,3 using d6,d4,d12,d8,d8,d6 ((6,1,2,2,7,3)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 16; Effect: d12
1 Opportunity

PPs: 3 (starting; from msg #149) +1 (negative Distinction) -1 (Radar Sense) -1 (Superhuman Senses Power Stunt) -1 (adding third die to Total) +1 (Opportunity rolled) = 2

Next Action: if it's a new round then any villain, especially one who is the biggest threat to me or Tigra


Still, the hero of Hell's Kitchen thinks. That's a lot of heartbeats to get in the way. And this usually works a lot better as a solo gig.
Venom
 NPC, 2 posts
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 01:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Adding 1d6 to the doom pool for Daredevil's opportunity.

At Daredevil's words, Venom turns to face him, towering over the vigilante with his considerable size and bulk. Greenish saliva drips from his mouth as he sizes up the hero in his midst. His posture makes it all too clear what he's thinking. After all, someone's gotta have brass to be barking orders at him-- they don't call him the Lethal Protector for nothing!

18:26, Today: Venom rolled 5,4,2,5 using d10,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((5,4,2,5)). Doom pool reaction to decide how Venom responds to DD's orders.

Total: 10
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Daredevil wins. "Friendly Neighborhood Venom" d12 asset created for Daredevil. DD's extraordinary success also creates a d6 "Friendly Neighborhood Doppelganger" asset for Spider-Man.

"Take it easy, Devil Shrimp," Venom growls to Daredevil, "We hate that scarlet slimeball Carnage and his little band of freaks just as much as you do."

He casually stretches, cracks his knuckles, and looks around the stadium.

"And we were hoping we might join you in kicking their asses..." he continues, his gaze shifting over to Ghost Rider and Tigra. "Once Evil Knievel and Hello Kitty are finished dancing over there, that is."

At a gesture from Venom, Doppelganger takes up position next to Spider-Man, apparently ready to lend its aid as well. The strange beast regards the black-suited hero with curiosity, perhaps remembering his earlier kindness.

"Now, just point us in the right direction," Venom nods to Daredevil. "We'll handle the rest."

Next Action: Hostless Symbiotes (In Domino/Moon Knight's scene)

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 01:57, Sun 07 June 2020.

Domino
 player, 41 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 11:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
I was hoping to hit the Unbound Symbiotes as they pasted Domino’s hidden location, before they could get at Moon Knight’s hind quarter ... but it’s up to you whether she achieves that, or this post happens after theirs.


The Watcher:
Behind Domino, what formerly looked like stray puddles of liquid rise into the air. Unlike the symbiotes encountered earlier, which were bonded to human hosts, these are symbiotes in their natural form. Desperate for a host to glom onto, they slither towards the elevator. In moments, they will pass Domino's hiding spot as they make their way straight for Moon Knight!

As the natural form Symbiotes slithered past Domino’s hiring spot, her first inclination was to gun them down.
But as a Hardened Mercenary, she knew that this was not the time to announce their presence down here with gunfire.

Quietly slipping the guns back into their holsters, she drew out her extendable Staff; and with Superhuman Reflexes and Combat Mastery she moved upon them, making best use of her Body in the Darkness.

Action: Attack the freeform Sybiotes
D8:   Buddy affiliation
D8:   Hardened Mercenary distinction
D6:   Staff
D8:   Superhuman Reflexes
D10: Combat Mastery
D10: A Body in the Darkness asset

- rolled 1,3,4,7,3,10 using D8,d8,d6,d8,d10,d10
- Spend 1PP to add a die to the total
Total: 21
Effect: d10

Opportunities: 1 ... and >b>adding 1PP</b>

Next: Villain of the ST’s choice


PP: 3
Ghost Rider
 player, 6 posts
 PPs: 1
 XPs: 2
Sun 7 Jun 2020
at 21:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Sorcerer Supreme?" says the Ghost Rider in a sepulchral tone, staring at Tigra as her words bring him up short. He brakes his demonic cycle as magic lances forth and wraps itself around him, and for a moment, his temper flares as adrenaline and Hellfire war with reason and a desire not to hurt those undeserving of his wrath.

17:28, Today: Ghost Rider rolled 5,1 using d6,d4.
Total: 6
Effect: 0
+1 PP for d4 Distinction: Pawn of Heaven and Hell


"Where is Stephen Strange?" asked the Rider.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:32, Sun 07 June 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 99 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 00:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Stepping up 1d6 and adding 1d6 doom for Ghost Rider's opportunity and Spider-Man's activation of his limit in Msg #160 (Just caught it).

Doom Pool: 1d10, 2d8, 6d6


As Spidey experiences the sensation of needle-pricks all across his body, the Venom symbiote he wears lashes out in a panic. Ghost Rider's hellfire is the hottest thing the fire-phobic creature has ever been exposed to! Or is this alien creature perhaps experiencing the burning of whatever "soul" it possesses? Either way, it doesn't like it, and the tentacles dangling from Spidey's hand lash out in all directions, nearly hitting a few of his allies!

Spidey's limit changes his "Tentacles d8" into a complication on him.

A few feet away, Ghost Rider is quickly ensnared by Tigra as she unleashes the mighty Crimson Bands of Cytorrak upon him. His question to Tigra hangs in the air as he stands bound in the otherworldly manacles. Though he doesn't struggle, everyone knows he had better like Tigra's answer or that could all change at a moment's notice!

Tigra's extraordinary success places a d12 "Bound by the Bands" complication on Ghost Rider.

Next Action: Unbound Symbiotes (It sounded cooler, Domino, so I'm stealing it :P)

Daredevil
 player, 31 posts
 PPs: 2
 XPs: 9
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 09:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Where is Stephen Strange? Daredevil hears it better than anyone, and he has the same question as well.

The horned hero turns slightly from Venom, to track what is going on nearby. He stands by, to let this Tigra v. Ghost Rider incident play out, but he redoubles his grip on his billy club, just in case things go south.
Unbound Symbiotes
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 17:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 164):

Stepping up 1d6 in the doom pool for Domino's opportunity in Msg #164.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 5d6


Moving quickly and silently, Domino creeps from her hiding place to smack one of the serpent-like beasts across the head. She knows she will need every bit of her natural stealth to get the drop on one of these alien creatures, which are known for their excellent senses and reflexes. Fortunately, they only seem to be focused on Moon Knight, and in just seconds she brings her staff sailing toward the "head" of one of the blackish symbiote-snakes...

Team 3d8
Desperate for a Host d4
Superhuman Reflexes d10

09:55, Today: Unbound Symbiotes rolled 7,1,3,1,8 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d4,1d10 ((7,1,3,1,8)). Unbound Symbiotes reacting to Domino's staff attack.

Total: 15
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Domino)

Domino wins with an extraordinary success. Unbound Symbiotes are removed from the turn order.

Domino clobbers one of the beasts over the head, dropping it to the ground in an instant. As the next creature hisses in surprise, she strikes that one too, knocking it back a few feet and causing it to flee back the way she and Moon Knight came. But one of the damn things slithers away before she can get to it. It launches itself at Moon Knight with a flying headbutt, knocking him into the elevator and pinning him down inside. Then, without warning, the mechanical doors shut and the freight elevator lifts off!

Domino hears footsteps behind her. Someone else is walking into the shadowy hallway... but who?

Spending 1d10 doom to split up Domino and Moon Knight. Adding 1d6 doom for the Unbound Symbiote's use of the "Desperate for a Host" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 3d8, 6d6

Next Action: The Watcher

Tigra
 player, 17 posts
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 19:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Ghost Rider & Daredevil (msg # 165 & 167):

Surprised the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak worked, Tigra cautiously walked closed to Ghost Rider.
He's relaxed, but I want to make sure he will not harm anyone.

Tigra took a breath. She supposed she had some brief explaining to do, but even she could hardly believe being here in the first place.
She let out a sigh and quickly explained her story.

"Long story short, Stephen is gone. I am Sorcerer Supreme now because the Infinity War happened, Stephen is gone, I had the Iron First for a while due to Danny Rand having a bad accident, traded it back to Danny Rand when he felt better, who was Sorcerer Supreme for a bit, by the way. Oh, I was also a candidate for Sorcerer Supreme after Stephen went away, it wasn't out of the blue. Aaaand here I am. Wow, that felt good. Anyway,I know these bands are probably uncomfortable, but are you joining us, Mr. Ghost Rider?"

This message was last edited by the player at 19:45, Tue 09 June 2020.

Ghost Rider
 player, 9 posts
 PPs: 3
 XPs: 2
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 19:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
There was something disarmingly candid about the way Tigra spoke. Living as he did on the razor's edge of Heaven and Hell, being used to dominating conversations and issuing threats backed by demonic fire, fighting for control and vengeance, Johnny Blaze was unused to plain speaking. He relaxed within the bonds that encircled him, no longer fighting them.

"I know not about the others, nor who they serve, but the Ghost Rider will follow you, Tigra, Sorceress Supreme. Tell me what needs to be done."

This message was last edited by the player at 19:55, Tue 09 June 2020.

Domino
 player, 44 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 2
Tue 9 Jun 2020
at 22:03
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spending 1PP now, to activate one of those Opportunities as a Stunt on my next Action.

PP: 2

Deadpool
 NPC, 1 post
Wed 10 Jun 2020
at 11:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"So this is Moon-Boy's secret lair, huh?" comes a familiar voice in Domino's ears. "Always knew that hairy little bastard had a few tricks up his sleeve. Where's he keep the big red dinosaur? Is it in that broom closet?"

Strolling out of the darkness is none other than the totally insane-- the completely unpredictable-- the merc with a mouth-- Deadpool! The fabric near the edges of his mouth lifts up in a wide grin as he waves to Domino.

"Hey there, Beatrice. Gotta say, I'm a little peeved you would ditch me to team up with someone as batshit-crazy as that guy. Or... guys? Just how many people are renting out that space in his head anyway? And what do you think he's charging? 'Cause I know my rent in this town ain't cheap."

As the mercenary walks toward Domino, he casually unsheathes one of his katanas, polishing the blade with a dirty napkin from his pocket.

"And speaking of moolah," he goes on. "Me thinks it's time you handed over that intel on Carnage so ol' Deadpool here can snap up his bounty and open the greasy spoon he's always dreamed of. Or maybe a Mexican place. Did someone mention Mexican food earlier?"

He wads up the napkin and tosses it away, holding out his hand to Domino in the universal sign for "gimme."

"Now, how about a little freebie for your ol' pal Wade? You gimme the intel, stay here and take a breather. I find Cletus Kasady, cut off the hillbilly ginger's head, and skip town with the money-- oh, I mean, come back and split it 50/50 with you! That's totally what I meant. Whatta ya say... partner?"

He doesn't seem to realize whatever intel Domino had is gone. But perhaps she does have something for Deadpool...

Deadpool is attempting to trick Domino out of her intel on Carnage and the bounty she is pursuing.

Solo d8
The Merc With a Mouth d8 (Talking Domino's ear off)
Psych Expert 2d6

04:01, Today: Deadpool rolled 6,1,6,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((6,1,6,6)). Deadpool attempting to hijack Domino's mission.

Total: 12
Effect: d8 (Mental stress)
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)

Reaction Needed: Domino
Next Action: The Watcher


This message was last edited by the player at 11:13, Wed 10 June 2020.

Bushman
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 18:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Offering Moon Knight 1 PP to activate his Gear limit and shut down his Weapon d8 power trait.

Moon Knight's staff springs free of the elevator doors as they slam shut, his weapon falling away into the hall where Domino remains. The symbiote that knocked Moon Knight into the elevator quickly pins him to the floor, encircling him as its "face" hovers near his own. The creature appears to be sizing him up before it attempts to bond to him, perhaps confused by the vigilante's complete lack of fear or struggle. There is only the oddly calm sound of elevator music as their ride approaches the next floor.

Then, without warning, the elevator grinds to a sudden stop between floors. The lights suddenly flicker and die. Both man and symbiote hear a crash of glass as the ceiling panel overhead shatters! Something falls into the elevator, its outline barely visible in the glow of the elevator's dim emergency lights-- a black, heavy, spherical something.

A grenade!

A familiar and maniacal voice assails Moon Knight's ears, echoing down the elevator shaft from up above.

"Oh, hi Marc!"

Moon Knight knows the voice of his hated enemy, the Bushman, anywhere. There are only seconds to act before the hero and his new pet alien are blown to smithereens!

The Bushman drops a grenade into the elevator.

Solo d8
Violent Mercenary d8
Weapon d10 (Due to SFX)
Combat Expert 2d6

SFX: Grenade. Step up or double a Weapon die against a single target. Remove the highest rolling die and add 3 dice for your total.

11:14, Today: Bushman rolled 4,2,2,4,4 using 1d8,1d8,1d10,1d6,1d6 ((4,2,2,4,4)). Bushman's grenade attack on Moon Knight.

Total: 10
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight
Next Action: The Watcher

Moon Knight
 player, 20 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 19:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
It was a good thing the doors had shut. Without having to worry about Domino, Moon Knight was free to act as he generally did while operating solo: ruthlessly. The Fist of Khonshu pulled out his swingline and fired the grapnel up the shaft... and right at Bushman's throat. The evil mercenary thug could either serve to as the anchor that pulled Moon Knight out of the shaft, or fall in and die from his own grenade. In the event that Bushman fell, Moon Knight hoped that his Enhanced Strength might help the combat master survive the blast.

"We live together or we die together!" he shouted at Bushman. Of course 'live together' didn't necessary mean for long. Once he was out of the shaft, Moon Knight fully intended to kill Bushman... again.

Solo (d10)
Fist of Khonshu (d8)
Swingline (d6)
Enhanced Strength (d8)
Combat Master (d10)

Moon Knight rolled 10,6,6,6,6 using d10,d8,d6,d8,d10 ((10,6,6,6,6)).

Total: 16
Effect die: d10


Moon knight didn't know if the symbiote would cling to him or not, but it was the next problem to solve. If it came up the shaft with him, he'd have to deal with it later. If it stayed behind in the blast, maybe that was one less alien to deal with. It was strange that it wasn't actually attacking him, but there were just too many things going on to think about that now.
Tigra
 player, 19 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 21:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Ghost Rider (msg # 170):

Tigra stood  still for a moment, with a blank look on her face.
Is this real? THIS IS SO COOL AND TERRIFYING!

She remembered Wong saying things about showing respect to mystical beings or something like that.

“Okay, thank you Ghost Rider. I am honored,” Tigra did an awkward bow while releasing her incantation.
I have no idea what I'm doing. Wong didn't help me with this stuff. Oh man, I hate being a leader, but I’m sure it's not a good idea to let Ghost Rider run free...yet. I'll have to check in with everyone here first.

“Right, Mr. Blaze, Sir,  I think our good friends are Daredevil and Spider-Man. Daredevil we can completely trust. Spidey has a symbiote attached to him for some reason, but Spidey is one of the best ones around, let’s try to keep that burning Hellfire a little on the lower end when next to him, please?  Venom is ok for now as far as I can tell, and we also have Venom’s grandson Doppleganger on our side. Believe it or not, Doppelganger is mostly innocent, so what he does out of malice is more based on how he was brought up. Poor soul.”  Tigra whispers to Ghost Rider, “We’ll probably wanna keep an eye on that Venom though, but keep him on our good side.”

Tigra turns over to the rest of the team, “Other than that, I think we just need to decide what to do next, right, guys? Daredevil, Spidey, and I can't believe I am asking - Venom? ”
Domino
 player, 45 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 2
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 22:08
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino was a little confused about why Deadpool was here.
Sure, he was a mercenary, just like her ... but, working for who?
Or did he follow she and Moon Knight here, just to confront Domino like this?

Either way, the whole situation had caught her off guard, and now she was on the mental blackfoot, attempting to figure it all out.

REACTION to Deadpool's Mental Attack (total: 12)
d8   Affiliation: Solo
d8   Distinction: Femme Fatale
d8   Pysche Expert

- rolled 3,2,5 using d8,d8,d8.
Total: 8
Effect: d8

The Watcher
 GM, 103 posts
Thu 11 Jun 2020
at 23:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Aw, isn't that just precious?" rings out a voice over the jam-packed stadium from the press box. "The heroes have put together a little team."

Most of the assembled heroes can recognize the electronically-amplified voice of the Purple Man, known alternatively as Zebediah Killgrave. Sitting next to him with his own audio set-up is fellow psychopathic killer, Bullseye.

"The Voice of God, ladies and gentlemen," smirks Bullseye. "One command from our announcer here, and things could get ugly up in the stands. His voice sure has a way of bringing out the passion in sports fans, doesn't it?"

As if on cue, a burly pair of men from the crowded audience hurl something onto the field from their seat in the stands. It is the lifeless body of another spectator, tossed onto the field like a piece of garbage. Seeking their next victim, the men shout with rage as they drag a woman from her seat, raising a baseball bat towards her as she screams in terror! But a word from the Purple Man stops them in the nick of time.

"You there, in the Yankees jersey. Yes, with the bat. Drop it."

At his command, the man drops the bat.

"Now let her go and return to your seats."

Without protest, the men return to their seats, forgetting their attempt on the woman's life as though it never even happened. Around them, the other members of the audience seem as though they are in a trance. They cheer when told to cheer, boo when told to boo, and generally mill about in a daze, watching the events on the field with slack-jawed interest. It's clear to the heroes that this pair of psychopaths have complete control of the stadium! One command from the mind-controlling Purple Man and the hundreds of fans could start tearing each other apart!

"Now then," Bullseye grins. "How about a game, heroes?"

Nearby, a recovered Carrion snickers. This must be the horror show he wanted Spider-Man to witness. But even he may not predict what's going through the hero's mind right now, with the black symbiote suit tainting his emotions!

Next Action: Spider-Man
Daredevil
 player, 34 posts
 PPs: 2
 XPs: 9
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 08:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Anyone in this situation could be forgiven for freezing in action. The amount of threats is overwhelming, and all of it captured by the news reporters and witnessed by the world at large. However, it is not time to stop. Now, possibly more than ever, is the time to act.

Normally Daredevil would go to the root of the problem, dig it out, and beat it to within an inch of its life if he had to. He could go straight there with his keen senses, but now he has more problems, which hopefully don't include the help he could have. But if anyone could offer the benefit of the wider view of this situation, even without sight, it would be him.

First, tackle the biggest problem. "Tigra! Can you get those spectators out of there? Transport them to Hoggoth County or something?" Shouting orders was alien to his ears, but, as she said herself, they need to decide what to do next. If anyone here has the power to get those people out of here, it would be Tigra, the powerhouse of the moment. She may not realize how much all those people are ammunition for that damnable Purple Man.

Then the root. "Ghost Rider, how utterly and quickly can you obliterate that press box before someone in there says something to you?"

Satisfied that this patchwork team might now avoid tripping over each other, Daredevil pauses to wait for the next shoe, which he could almost already hear. In his own way, he shores up his defenses. "Venom," he says, turning on a heel toward the field and the press box and the threats before them. "You're with me."

This message was last edited by the player at 08:55, Fri 12 June 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 17 posts
Fri 12 Jun 2020
at 09:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With the Symbiote still buzzing from Ghost Rider's hellfire and his rapid breathing starting to return to normal, Spider-Man remained quiet—for once—as the action happened around him. As a million thoughts swarmed his brain about his current predicament with the alien life-form, it was suddenly silenced by the Purple Man's display of control over the crowd and Bullseye's challenge. The Symbiote's anguish at the sight of fire turns into a burning desire to leap towards the Purple Man and knock out his teeth so he could never speak another word, and it takes Peter a moment to think of any reason why he shouldn't.

As the suit starts to return to a calmer state, Spider-Man finally begins to allow himself to relax, as well.

Okay, Peter. Breathe. Breathe. Hakuna matata. Think happy thoughts.

Peter closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths. He's letting his emotions and his past get the better of him, and he knows it. He's lashing out, but it isn't the Symbiote doing this by itself. It's Peter Parker's own emotions in tandem with the suit.

C'mon, Parker. You're smarter than this. And right now, we have to put that wrinkly brain to good use and find a way to stop a stadium of New Yorkers from tearing each other apart. At least, not under the Purple Man's control.

With one last exhale, Spider-Man opens his eyes again, looking around at the team gathered here and listening to Daredevil's words.

"I won't let myself lose control like that again. If I'm stuck with this suit for now, then it's going to work for me."

He looks at Doppelganger, who has been looking at him curiously.

"I don't know what game they intend to play, but we could use all the help we can get. Will you join us?"

Spider-man extends his hand out to Doppelganger.

"Please."

Attempt to step up "Friendly Neighborhood Doppelganger" Asset

Team d6
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8
Psych Expert 2d6
Push d6 (spending 1 PP)

04:19, Today: Spider-Man rolled 2,2,5,3,6 using d6,d8,d6,d6,d6.

Spending 1 PP to add an extra die to my total

Total: 14
Effect: d8

0 PP remaining
Next Action: Moon Knight

Bushman
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 02:36
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moon Knight's grappling hook zooms through the air, latching onto an anchor point up above as the Bushman steps clear of the open elevator shaft. The villain grabs hold of the zipline and yanks hard on it, hurling Moon Knight clear over his head and into the room!

His back to the elevator, now standing across the room from Moon Knight, the towering mercenary reaches down and grabs onto a huge, metallic object at his feet. Hefting the gatling gun, there is a metallic whirring noise as the weapon comes to life!

"I've already seen to your pal Frenchie," the Bushman sneers. "But don't worry, I'll make sure you and your little sidekick wind up in the same grave!"

But the spray of bullets hasn't come just yet. Moon Knight realizes this is his opening-- a small window of a mere fraction of a second that he can use to end this fight before it begins!

Next Action: Moon Knight
Bullseye
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 03:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Come on now, Hornhead," grins Bullseye, "Why won't you let these fine people have the entertainment they deserve? They came here to see a ball game!"

From his spot up in the press box, he gestures around to the massive crowds filling the stadium seats.

"Sure would be a shame if it turned out they had to entertain themselves instead."

As the heroes take in the scene around them, they realize that dozens upon dozens of the citizens have been armed with knives, bats, broken bottles, and all manner of deadly weapons! With the simplest of commands from the Purple Man, it would take only the merest instant for them to inflict all kinds of deadly wounds upon each other! And that's assuming he hasn't employed one of his infamous timed commands already...

"I want you to think about this one real carefully," Bullseye goes on. "Sure, your friend from the Hell's Angels down there has the power to bring this whole place down if he wanted to. But I bet he would just hate to see all that blood spilled."

"Innocent blood," he adds. Daredevil can hear the smirk as Bullseye labors on the word. "Which you might be able to save, if you just hear me out... And help me give these folks a show."

Just what is this madman's play? As much as they might despise him, the heroes may not have much choice but to keep listening!
Moon Knight
 player, 21 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 15:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Bushman (msg # 180):


There was no time for thought, only action. With a snarl of rage, Moon Knight launched himself at Bushman, taking the chance that his own reflexes would be better. At this close range he could leap over the weapon's field of fire, but only if he moved faster than Bushman's trigger finger!


Solo [d10]
Fist of Khonshu [d8]
Enhanced Durability [d8]
Enhanced Reflexes [d8]
Combat Master [d10]

Moon Knight rolled 3,4,7,2,6 using d10,d8,d8,d8,d10 ((3,4,7,2,6)).

Total: 13
Effect: d10

Deadpool
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 13 Jun 2020
at 23:26
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino takes d8 of Mental Stress from Deadpool's yapping.

"Silent treatment, huh?" Deadpool remarks to Domino, wagging a finger. "Two can play at that game, missy."

His stern expression suddenly changes to a more jovial one.

"But I don't wanna. Got more beans to spill here than an exploding Jelly Belly factory. So, if you hadn't heard about the one million dollar bounty the mayor just put on Kasady's head... consider yourself officially 'in the know.'"

He gives Domino a sideways look, as if a thought has just occurred to him.

"Wait, wait, wait," he says. "Don't tell me you were seriously out here hunting that red-suited redneck for free? Hahaha! Good one!"

He waves the thought away as if it's totally ridiculous. And perhaps it is?

"The Domino I know wouldn't get involved in something like this unless there was a whole lotta cash in it for her. So what say you let me take the lead on this op and we'll split the funds?"

He extends a hand toward his fellow mercenary.

"Whatta ya say? Put her there... partner."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:27, Sat 13 June 2020.

Doppelganger
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 00:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doppelganger looks up at Spider-Man with curiosity in its strange, bulbous eyes. The creature's alien expression is difficult to read. Just what is going on in that odd, familiar-looking head?

17:22, Today: The Watcher rolled 5,1,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d8 ((5,1,6)). Doom pool reaction for Spidey attempting to step up Doppelganger asset.

Total: 11
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Spidey wins with his 14 total. "Friendly Neighborhood Doppelganger" asset steps up to d8.


Doppelganger gives a quick, sharp nod of its head. It's a small gesture, but a clear one. Whatever hostility it once held toward the web-head seems to have vanished, and it appears ready to lend the heroes a hand-- or six!

"Spider... Is Doppel's... Friend..." it rasps. "Doppel... Will help... Spider."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:20, Mon 15 June 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 105 posts
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 00:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
A few feet away from Spider-Man and Doppelganger, Ghost Rider stands observing. Despite Tigra's attempts to undo her spell, the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak do not seem to be releasing their grip on the Rider. Evidently, the mystical deity the sorceress has invoked has not taken lightly to being so casually dismissed! Perhaps a little "encouragement" from the Spirit of Vengeance would convince it to release him...

Next Action: Ghost Rider

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:51, Mon 15 June 2020.

Bushman
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 01:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 182):

Bushman sees Moon Knight leaping through the air and quickly takes aim with the gatling gun, angling the weapon backward to try and get the vigilante in his sights. It's a heavy, unwieldy piece of equipment, and in hindsight, perhaps a smaller weapon would have done the trick just as well!

Solo d8
Obsessive Hatred d4 (Going overkill with the gatling gun)
Enhanced Reflexes d8
Combat Expert 2d6

18:00, Today: Bushman rolled 2,1,4,2,4 using 1d8,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((2,1,4,2,4)). Bushman reacting to Moon Knight's attempt to leap over the gunfire and at him.

Total: 8
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Moon Knight wins. His 13 total is an extraordinary success, which steps up his effect die. Bushman takes d12 of Physical Stress. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool for Bushman's use of the "Obsessive Hatred" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 2d8, 6d6


The image of Moon Knight soaring through the air, cape spread wide as he prepares to deliver a mighty kick with both feet, seems to paralyze the Bushman with a sudden fear. He only gets off a few worthless shots with the gatling gun before Moon Knight collides with him, knocking the villain backward into the elevator shaft. The evil mercenary grabs onto the length of steel elevator cable, stopping his fall, but only for a moment. He lets out a gasp and his eyes suddenly seem to plead with Moon Knight for some sign of mercy!

This message was last edited by the player at 01:13, Mon 15 June 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 22 posts
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 16:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage

This message was deleted by the player at 16:50, Mon 15 June 2020.

Ghost Rider
 player, 12 posts
 PPs: 3
 XPs: 2
Mon 15 Jun 2020
at 17:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Regardless of the pleasant words from Tigra, the Ghost Rider can feel the mystic bonds that encircle him tightening rather than dispersing. This pleases the Spirit of Vengeance not at all.

"I have heard your words, Sorceress, and can discern friend from foe. I can hear too the words of our enemies, and know that I must be free to act! And if it takes pitting my infernal energies against yours then so be it, for free...shall...I...BE!"

Solo: d10 (as he's opposing Tigra)
Pawn of Heaven and Hell: d8
Hellfire: d8
Mystic Expert: d8
Spending 1 PP to add Superhuman Strength: D10

13:38, Today: Ghost Rider rolled 1,4,6,3,10 using d10,d8,d8,d8,d10 ((1,4,6,3,10)).

Spending 1 PP to add an extra die to my total!

Total: 20
Effect Die: d8

Roll of 1 creates Opportunity for Watcher

The Watcher
 GM, 107 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 03:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Ghost Rider (msg # 188):

Stepping up 1d6 in the doom pool for Ghost Rider's opportunity in Msg #188.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 5d6


As Ghost Rider struggles against his restraints, the other-worldly bands holding him begin to bow under his might! The only question is, will they merely bend... or break?

d12 "Bound by the Bands" complication
1d10, 1d8, and 1d6 from the Doom Pool

19:33, Today: The Watcher rolled 2,8,4,1 using d12,d10,d8,d6 ((2,8,4,1)). Doom pool reaction to Ghost Rider attempting to step back "Bound By the Bands" complication.

Total: 12
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Ghost Rider)

Ghost Rider wins. His 20 total is an extraordinary success, stepping up his effect die to d10. "Bound By the Bands" complication steps back to d10 and is renamed "Need to Recharge." 


The heroes nearest Ghost Rider duck for cover as the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak peel further and further off of the captive's body, until eventually they come loose entirely and disappear in a flash of red light! Ghost Rider releases a massive surge of hellfire, bursting out of the bands' grip in an infernal eruption that lights up the entire stadium!

For a moment, even the brainwashed members of the audience seem to show some glimmer of awareness, staring in awe at the supernatural sight. Even for a being of the Ghost Rider's near-limitless might, the act was not without some effort. The Spirit of Vengeance may need a moment to replenish his vast power, but he has gotten free of the nigh-unbreakable bands and stands ready to fight!

Next Action: The Watcher
Carnage
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 16 Jun 2020
at 16:27
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hello... Hello? Is this thing on?!"

As the sinister voice rings out across the stadium, the Jumbotron suddenly crackles to life, and a giant-sized face appears to loom over the crowd. It is a monstrous, red, familiar face: Carnage himself! But he's nowhere to be found near the news crews down on the field. Just where is he broadcasting from?

"Sorry I'm late to the game, folks! Ah, I see the little heroes have arrived too! On behalf of the Carnage Family, welcome to Yankee Stadium, losers! Hope you like what we've done with the place. Now, let's give it up for Bullseye and Killgrave, ladies and gentlemen! We owe tonight's show to them... And to yours truly, of course!"

He makes a sign to all the "fans," who, on the Purple Man's orders, let out a resounding cheer. The folks packed inside the stadium are displaying all kinds of Carnage-themed memorabilia against their will-- red-and-black jerseys, foam fingers, and hand-made signs bearing the symbiotic serial killer's likeness. The sight of so much forced enthusiasm is sickening, so of course Carnage laps it right up!

"Oh, New York, you're too kind! We owe some gratitude to the fine officers of the NYPD too. Good game, gentlemen! Now my players are all warmed up!"

As the heroes take in his words, a group of three police officers pass by them, limping away toward the stadium exit. Their faces are ashen and they do not say so much as a word to the heroes. A blanket has been draped over several bodies lying nearby. Whatever twisted game of "baseball" was being played here, it seems two-thirds of their team did not survive!

"Now where is Team Carnage? Still doing their pre-game interviews? Coach Kasady wants to give them a pep talk! You 'heroes' better get your own team together quick. And if any of you nerds are worried because you don't know baseball... Well, lighten up! My dear old dad never even taught me to catch, and I turned out just fine! HAHAHAHA!"

In the nearby crowd, a pair of figures help tend to the injured police officers' wounds. As soon as they finish, both of them stand up and begin to jog toward the heroes.
The Watcher
 GM, 108 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 20:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Moon Knight takes in the sight of Bushman dangling helplessly in the elevator shaft, the temporary silence is broken by the sound of a sinister voice.

"Hello... Hello? Is this thing on?!"

Moon Knight can hear the words clear as day, coming from behind the closed door to the building's main office. Though he hasn't yet come face-to-face with the supervillain known as Carnage, it doesn't take much to guess the identity of the speaker. This must be the madman responsible for so much of the violence and terror happening across the city tonight. And to think he's begun using Moon Knight's own building as his base of operations!

"Sorry I'm late to the game, folks! Ah, I see the little heroes have arrived too...!"

A few floors down, Domino and Deadpool hear the voice too, although it's distinctly muffled. Still, the mercenaries have a good feeling that following the voice will lead them straight to their target!
Moon Knight
 player, 23 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 21:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I'm going to kill you Carnage," Moon Knight called. "Vengeance will be mine."

To underscore his point, he turned and picked up Bushman's dropped gatling gun. (Spending 1PP to acquire Gatling Gun Stunt Die.) It had barely been fired, but it was already warm to the touch. Cheap army surplus. It wasn't really good for much, but for a Combat Master like Moon Knight it would work for a burst or two without overheating. And at sixty rounds per second, even one burst was plenty. Turning back to Bushman, hanging like the world's ugliest pinata, he opened fire to test the weapon and demonstrate his general thirst for vengeance.

"Like this."


Solo (d10)
Fist of Khonshu (d8)
Gatling Gun Stunt Die (d10)
Enhanced Reflexes (d8)
Combat Master (d10)

Moon Knight rolled 6,5,7,8,5 using d10,d8,d10,d8,d10 ((6,5,7,8,5)).

Total: 15
Effect: d10


Domino
 player, 46 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 2
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 23:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Deadpool:
... extends a hand toward his fellow mercenary.
"Whatta ya say? Put her there... partner."
The Watcher:
A few floors down, Domino and Deadpool hear the voice too, although it's distinctly muffled. Still, the mercenaries have a good feeling that following the voice will lead them straight to their target!

Domino eye'd Deadpoop a moment, then said, "You ain't 'taking the lead', girlfriend.  But if you wanna come along and help ... AND you prove yourself helpful ..." she shrugged, still feeling a little confused about his presence (and motives) here, "sure, I'll split it with Bounty with you".
After all, she wasn't actually going to try and stop him from hunting Carnage now, was she.

Looking around, she tried to identify a way up to where the party was, now that the elevator wasn't an option.
Bushman
 NPC, 4 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 17:22
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 192):

Bushman stares wide-eyed as Moon Knight picks up the gatling gun and aims it right at him. He's trapped in the center of the wide elevator shaft like a polar bear on a melting patch of ice, with no way to make the jump back to safety in time-- at least not before Moon Knight pulls the trigger. For an instant, the villain appears to consider dropping from the cable and taking his chances with the fall, but it's a long way down and it's doubtful he'd survive! Instead, he tries to put on a brave face and call Moon Knight's bluff.

"I know you, Marc. You don't got what it takes. You didn't back in Sudan, and you don't got it now."

Solo d8
Violent Mercenary d4 (He's met his match in that regard)
Menace Expert 2d6

09:42, Today: Bushman rolled 4,3,2,4 using 1d8,1d4,1d6,1d6 ((4,3,2,4)). Bushman reacting to Moon Knight's attempt to shoot him with the gatling gun.

Total: 8
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0

Moon Knight wins with an extraordinary success. His 15 total steps up his effect die to d12. Adding 2d6 to the doom pool for Bushman's use of the "Violent Mercenary" distinction at d4, and for his activation of his Limit:

Limit: Killer Grudges. On a failed reaction to Moon Knight attempting to inflict physical trauma, step up the trauma taken by +1 and add d6 to the doom pool.

Bushman takes d12 of Physical stress, which brings him to d6 Physical Trauma. The trauma steps up due to his Limit, bringing him to d8 Physical Trauma.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 7d6

"But me?," Bushman goes on. "As soon as I get down from here, I'm gonna kill you and every last one one of your--"

*BRAAPPP BRAAPPP*

The gatling gun perforates Bushman's torso, turning it into swiss cheese. The villain cries out and drops from the cable, plummeting several stories to land with a mighty crash atop the stalled elevator. There is a long moment of silence before Moon Knight hears a low gurgle coming from the elevator shaft. If he were to look down, he might see that the villain's fall attracted the attention of the lingering unbound symbiote.

"Y-you... you're going to b-bond... with m-me..." the villain croaks to the alien. "Then... w-we can k-kill M-Moon Kni--"

Evidently having heard enough, the symbiote launches itself at the Bushman... and begins devouring his face!

Next Action: Deadpool

This message was last edited by the player at 17:24, Thu 18 June 2020.

Deadpool
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 18:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Elevator's busted," Wade says. "But that's OK... I've been taking steps to avoid them."

As his (terrible) joke hangs in the air, he turns and motions for Domino to follow him up a nearby flight of stairs.

"And if you're wondering how I found ya," Deadpool nods. "Seemed like a good night to stop by my favorite deli for a sandwich, but when I got there it was burned to the ground. I like my buns toasted, but it all seemed a bit overkill. Owner said some asshole named Carnage was behind it and told me about the bounty. That's when I saw you and Moon-Boy hightailing it away. Figured you could use some back-up. And as for being useful, well, when have I ever--"

Suddenly, the air is pierced by a screeching noise, and the hallway is bathed in bright red light! Deadpool looks down at a spot on the wall, where a faint red laser issuing forth has made contact with his ankle.

"Huh... garden-variety alarms. Guess I was expecting traps that fit the theme. "Phaser beams. Hot wax. Open jug of moonshine on top of the door. And here I thought Moon-Boy was my kind of crazy! I'll have to--"

Deadpool's next comment is cut short as the pair are suddenly greeted by the sight of a woman walking down the stairs: a pale, dark-haired woman with a scar over her left eye, dressed all in black. Domino hears a gasp beside her.

"It's Shriek!" Deadpool shrieks. "Carnage must be just up ahead. I'll tangle with Miss Kasady here. You go get us that bounty! Don't let him escape!"

Without waiting another moment, Deadpool clips his personal teleporting device onto Domino and slaps the big red button right in the center of it. Domino feels an odd rippling sensation from head-to-toe, and an instant later, she is beamed into the room ahead. She sees Moon Knight standing near an open elevator shaft. The office door to her right opens... and out steps none other than Carnage himself! The red-suited killer takes one look at Domino and grins.

Next Action: Carnage
Carnage
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 21:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Ah, if it isn't Little Miss Mercenary. Come to reconsider my offer and join the Carnage Family, eh? Shriek and I have been looking for a daughter with your talents... And disregard for civilian casualties."

He lets out a high, piercing laugh, his voice distorted by the red symbiote covering his face. His pupil-less eyes narrow as he studies Domino.

"Come on, now... You don't really think they're going to let you walk free after all this, do you? Those 'heroes' will throw you under the bus the second they realize you haven't been playing by their little rules. So how about it?"

Carnage attempts to inflict Emotional Stress on Domino by urging her to join him (and suggesting there will be consequences if she doesn't).

Solo d10
Sneaky d8
Menace Master 2d8

14:08, Today: Carnage rolled 9,4,1,8 using 1d10,1d8,1d8,1d8 ((9,4,1,8)). Carnage trying to convince Domino to join him.

Total: 17
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)

Reaction Needed: Domino
Next Action: Domino

Iron Fist
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 20:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The pair approaching the heroes in the stadium appear to be none other than Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Though they look a bit worse for wear from tonight's events, they are alive and mostly unharmed.

"Man, am I glad to see you guys," the Fist nods. "Though I wish it were under better circumstances."

Beside him, Luke stands with his arms crossed over his barrel chest. He nods coolly to the heroes but says nothing.

"Any of you guys sports fans?" Danny asks. Apparently it's a nervous attempt at humor. "That psycho Bullseye wants us to put together a baseball team, and he isn't asking nicely. And, well... they didn't have baseball in K'un-Lun. Do we have to pick a team captain or something?"

This message was last updated by the player at 20:11, Sat 20 June 2020.

Domino
 player, 47 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 2
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 23:29
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The sudden, unexpected teleport left Domino disoriented, and unready for the sudden presence of the menacing Carnage.

REACTION to Carnage's Emotional Attack (total: 17)
d8   Affiliation: Solo
d8   Distinction: Hardened Mercenary
d8   Pysche Expert
- rolled 12 using 3d8 with rolls of 2,7,3.  React to Motional Stress.
Total: 10 ... for a fail

His words caught her off guard, and had her doubting a moment ... off balance.
Why was everyone suddenly turning up and challenging her mercenary ethics.

Mercenary Ethics.  That’s what she needed to focus on now.  Not words.  Domino had never been good with words: and certainly not trading them with others.  Let THEM prattle on and menace.
Domino would do what she’d always done, what she was here to do:   She was the Femme Fatale, and she would let her Guns do the talking for her.

I’ve got a contract, dipshit, and I ain’t here to renegotiate” she said* as she strode forward, letting Symbiote Seeking bullets fly, Full auto.  She had Superhuman Reflexes, Combat experience, and Lady Luck on her side.

And Carnage was about to find out what SHE was good at.

Not only that, but with his mouthing off as he’d walked down the steps, his gait had reminded her of something she’d read in his files recently ... that in closed spaces, he had a subconscious reaction to dodge left.  It was a Combat ‘Opportunity’ she wasn’t going to ignore. 
Domino:
Spending 1PP now, to activate one of those Opportunities as a Stunt on my next Action.
PP: 2
Action: shoot Carnage!
D8   Solo
D8   Femme Fatale
2D8   Guns
SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
D10  Superhuman Reflexes
D10  Lady Luck on my Side
SFX: Lady Luck On My Side. Spend 1 PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action; then step back and return the doom die.
D10  Combat Mastery
D10  Watcher rolled Opportunity: spending 1PP for Combat Stunt
D8   Scene Resource: ‘Symbiote Seeking Bullets’
{1PP previously spent, 1PP spent now}

- rolled 8,6,5,2,4,2,4,2,6,4 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d8,d10,d10,d10,d10,d8.  Action: shoot Carnage.
Spend 1PP for SFX: Second Chance. If your pool includes a Probability Manipulation power, spend 1 PP to reroll.
- rolled 6,2,8,3,4,9,5,3,2,5 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d8,d10,d10,d10,d10,d8. Reroll

Total: drop the 9; 8+6+5 = 19
Effect: d10

Return Doom Pool dice l, now d8.

Spent all my PP, so:  PP = 0


Next Action:  a Watcher NPC



tap Milestone for 1 XP when you discuss payment for a deed

This message was last edited by the player at 23:40, Sat 20 June 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 02:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 198):

Domino takes d10 Emotional Stress from Carnage's extraordinary success. 1d10 in the Doom Pool steps back due to Domino's SFX: Lady Luck On My Side.

Doom Pool: 4d8, 7d6

Carnage's wicked grin changes into a frown as Domino's words sink in.

"That's a real shame... I hate to see a life of such potential cut short!"

Seeing Domino raise her guns, Carnage tenses and prepares to lunge for the mercenary. The shifting, oozing symbiote ripples down his body with every movement, making it hard for her to focus her aim on any one part of him. But in his rush to avoid her bullets, the madman ducks... and, just as she called it, he dodges to the left!

Solo d10
Sneaky d4 (Apparently not as sneaky as he thinks)
Superhuman Reflexes d8 (Due to SFX)
Shapeshifting d6 (Due to SFX)
Combat Expert d8
Domino's Physical Stress d10

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more SYMBIOTE powers in your dice pool at -1 step for each additional power.

19:08, Today: Carnage rolled 2,1,1,6,1,9 using 1d10,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d8,1d10 ((2,1,1,6,1,9)). Carnage attempts to dodge Domino's hail of bullets.

Total: 15
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 3 (Available first to Domino)

Domino wins. Carnage takes d10 of Physical Stress. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool for Carnage's use of the "Sneaky" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 7d6


Carnage leaps aside, moving in to close the distance between him and Domino. But something isn't right. His eyes widen as the gunfire he thought he'd sidestepped in fact curves, striking him in the right side of his torso with enough force to stagger him. He lets out a cry of surprise, dropping to one knee and giving a ragged gasp of pain.

"That's some lucky aim you've got there, sister," he says with a forced grin through gritted teeth. With one hand clutched to his side, he raises the other and forms it into a crimson, dual-bladed axe.

"But as a wise man once said... Should've gone for the head!"

Next Action: The Watcher (Switching over to the stadium scene)
Carnage
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 15:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage's hand-axe stops in mid-swing as he hears a piercing scream from the elevator shaft. As he looks over, he appears to notice Moon Knight for the first time.

"You...! What did you do to Bushwhacker?" he growls.
Moon Knight
 player, 24 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 15:43
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I gave Bushman a taste of Vengeance," Moon Knight replied. He was still holding the gatling gun, but prepared to drop it at a moment's notice. He didn't know if it had another burst in it or not. "Just like I'm going to do to you."

Of course, he'd killed Bushman more than once before this, and it never took. So he had no reason to believe the bastard wouldn't be back again. But for now, it seemed he was dead again.

In Moon Knight's head, several voices laughed.
Luke Cage
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 16:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"MLB teams ain't had team captains in years, Danny," Luke snorts. And then, he adds, after a pause: "But I say Spidey's team captain. Carnage is behind all this, and he knows how that freak operates better than any of us."

He looks directly at Spider-Man as if challenging him to protest the decision.

"As long as he's willing to do what's necessary when we get our hands on Kasady, that is."

He looks around at the other heroes, expecting them to weigh in.

Next Action: Spider-Man
Spider-Man
 player, 18 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 07:03
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
At Luke Cage's exhortation, Spider-Man takes a step forward.

"Well, I won't pretend to have been a jock in high school, but my uncle did take me to a few games when I was a kid. I mostly remember throwing up from a bad hot dog and leaving at the bottom of the sixth inning, though..."

He turns to face Daredevil.

"Of course, I won't deny that Daredevil is just as capable of leading in this situation. I wouldn't object to that. As much as Carnage has been a threat to my life, the Purple Man and Bullseye has been deadly foes to you, as well."

Spider-Man then turns back to face the Heroes for Hire.

"But all of us have something to fight for here. These guys...they've affected all of us. They've hurt us. They've hurt our loved ones. They've hurt innocent people. They're holding us hostage to play a stupid game with threats to hurt everyone in this stadium!"

Peter feels a little anger rising up in him again, his fist clenched and shaking. He squeezes it tight and lets it fall to his side. He takes a deep breath and continues.

"Danny. Luke. We could really use powerhouses like you two helping us out here. But I...I can't agree. No matter what, I won't put down Kasady. Or any of them. I can't let myself go that far."

Spider-Man clenches his fist again, this time in front of him with determination. He looks around to his fellow heroes.

"But we can stop them! Even if we have no choice to go along with their trap for now. C'mon, guys. Let's score a touchdown on these jerks and take them down!"

Attempt to create Heroes for Hire Asset
Team d6
Wisecracker d8
Psych Expert d8

01:55, Today: Spider-Man rolled 2,2,7 using d6,d8,d8.

Total: 9
Effect: d8






"Home run! I meant home run. I definitely know the rules to this game that we are playing. The game that is called baseball. Of which there are bases. And bats."

Spider-Man's head drops a little and he sighs at himself.


OOC: If this Asset is successful, anyone feel free to use it. Especially Tigra and Ghost Rider, since DD and I have some Assets right now.

0 PP remaining
Next Action: Tigra

The Watcher
 GM, 112 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 17:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Man (msg # 203):

09:27, Today: The Watcher rolled 3,4 using 1d6,1d6 ((3,4)). Doom pool reaction to Spidey attempting to create Heroes for Hire asset.

Total: 7
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 0

Spider-Man wins. "Heroes for Hire" d8 asset created.


Iron Fist nods to Spidey. "We're with you." And then, glancing over at the stoic Luke beside him, he adds: "Right?"

Luke shrugs. "Yeah," he says. "But we're gonna talk once we're outta this mess." He looks around at the other heroes. "We all ready to do this?"

Danny takes Spidey aside, his voice dropping to a quiet murmur. "Let me worry about him. Between the Purple Man being here, and Shriek's powers making him lose it earlier... He's pretty worked up."

He looks over Spidey's shoulder to where another new arrival is approaching them.

"By the way," he says. "Someone here was looking for you."

Striding toward the group now is another familiar face-- Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat!
Black Cat
 NPC, 1 post
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 17:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 204):

"What a night, huh?" the Cat grins. "Reminds me of old times, spider."

She walks over to stand next to Spidey, admiring his new suit. "The black looks good on you," she comments. Looking around at the odd group of heroes and misfits, she makes a face at the sight of Doppelganger.

"Well, it's a team I guess, but you're one short," she points out. "Oh, don't get the wrong idea. Sports aren't really my thing. But if you guys can keep those asshats distracted long enough, I bet I could find a way into that press box and get that hostage free. Breaking into places without getting caught... well... sort of my thing."

There is a pause, and she looks around at everyone.

"You did know there was another hostage in there, right?" she asks, her gaze flitting to each of them before falling upon the other feline heroine in their midst. "The sooner you guys find your last player for this stupid game, the sooner those idiots will let their guard down."

Next Action: Tigra
Tigra
 player, 21 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 02:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Black Cat (msg # 205):

Tigra looked around the stadium when she heard the roar of the crowd, all looking ready for battle if it came to it. With Ghost Rider free, they definitely had an advantage over anything, the question was how to make sure these people were not harmed.

"Well, Daredevil, I'm not sure I can get all of these unlucky people out at once. Maybe we ought to give that Purple Man and Bullseye that game they want, at least for a round to keep them distracted while Black Cat and someone else goes to get that hostage from there?"

Tigra's hands had a pulsing glow, "I hope I'm not running out of juice, but I think I can cast a protective spell around us in case the Purple Man gets to us. I don't think I'm strong enough to protect our audience here."

Tigra will try to cast a protective charm on the team to create a complication against the Purple Man if he tries controlling the team.

Team d10
Heroes for Hire d8
Magic is awesome! d4 (needing to recharge)
Supreme Sorcery d10, converted to 2d8
Mystic Master d10, converted to 2d8
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

Milestones; SUMMONER SUPREME
3 XP when you include an ally in a mystical ritual.

18:23, Today: Tigra rolled 4,4,3,2,1,4,1 using d10,d8,d4,d8,d8,d8,d8 ((4,4,3,2,1,4,1)).

Total:4 + 4= 8, + 4 (using 1 pp to add a third die) = 12
Effect:d8
Opportunities:2
PP: 2-1+1 = 2

This message was last edited by the player at 02:57, Fri 26 June 2020.

Purple Man
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 02:45
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Purple Man watches in silent satisfaction from his perch in the press box as the heroes plot their next move. Then he turns and starts talking with Bullseye, not paying much attention to Tigra for the moment. Although he doesn't seem to be trying to mind-control any of the heroes presently, there is never any telling with a foe like him, and it couldn't hurt for the heroes to take precautions just in case!

Buddy d6
Hard to Miss d4 (Easy to spot the source of the problem)
No power traits/specialty as he's not mind-controlling the heroes.

18:55, Today: Purple Man rolled 2,3 using 1d6,1d4 ((2,3)). Purple Man's passive reaction to Tigra's attempt to shield the team from his pheromones.

Total: 5
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 0

Tigra wins. "Protective Charm" d8 complication is placed on Purple Man, available for heroes to use on actions/reactions against him. Adding 1d6 to the doom pool for Purple Man's use of the "Hard to Miss" distinction at d4. Adding 1d8 to the doom pool for Tigra's 2 opportunities.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 4d8, 8d6

With a few quick enchantments, Tigra places an invisible protective field over each of her companions. It isn't a perfect defense, and enough effort from the Purple Man might allow some pheromones to slip through, but it's much better than leaving things to chance. Spotting yet another familiar face approaching, Tigra includes her in the ritual as well!

Next Action: Misty Knight
Misty Knight
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 17:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hey Team Captain," Misty nods to Spider-Man. "Room for one more on this team?"

Without waiting for a reply, she strolls over to stand next to Tigra. "So partner, we gonna make Bullseye and his little team of punks pay for what they did to our boys?"

Seeing the surprised looks of some in the group, she shrugs.

"What? She's already a superhero and a sorceress... Is the fact she's also a cop too much to believe? Seriously Greer, how do you do it all? You got the Time Stone hidden in that robe somewhere?"

"She was an Iron Fist for a while too," Danny grins. "Too bad we don't have a few more of those right now."

Misty's eyes narrow. "Oh, I don't need a glowing fist to put the hurt on Bullseye and those other sons of bitches. Let's put on our mean faces, gang. Here they come."

Next Action: Purple Man

This message was last edited by the player at 17:58, Sat 27 June 2020.

Purple Man
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 27 Jun 2020
at 19:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Carnage's remote broadcast is interrupted by the sound of gunfire from Domino and Moon Knight, Bullseye nods to the Purple Man, who hits a switch on his control panel. An instant later, the feed displayed on the stadium's Jumbotron cuts away from Moon Knight's secret headquarters and instead goes to a view of the baseball field. A group of figures begins walking from the far end of the field toward the baseball diamond, to immense cheers from their brainwashed "fans."

"Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we have ourselves a ball game!" Killgrave calls out over the loudspeakers. "Let's give it up for Team Carnage!"

Now taking up positions around the field are a who's who of familiar villains from the heroes' pasts: in the outfield are Jack O'Lantern, Typhoid Mary and Morbius the Living Vampire. On the bases are Scorpion, Sabertooth, and Scarecrow. Carrion appears to be playing shortstop, and Bullseye himself has come down to the field to play pitcher!

Who then is the catcher? None other than the wicked Demogoblin, soaring down from the sky on his glider to take position. That just leaves Jigsaw to act as umpire, a position of power in the game which he surely intends to abuse!

Up against these odds, how are the heroes faring? Judging by his evil grin, the Purple Man seems to be hoping they crumble under the pressure!

"Tell me, visiting team, how are you feeling right now? Ready to play ball?" he smirks. It's a small, subtle command, but a command nonetheless-- and the heroes suddenly feel a compulsion to answer him!

Team d4
Abusive d8
Mind Control d10
Menace Expert d8
3d6 from Area Attack SFX
1d8 from Tigra's emotional stress.

11:51, Today: Purple Man rolled 2,3,5,1,6,1,1,5 using 1d4,1d6,1d6, 5,1d6,1d8,1d8,1d10,1d8 ((2,3,5,1,6,1,1,5)). Purple Man attempting to inflict some Emotional Stress before the game begins.

Spending 1d8 doom to add a 3rd die to the total.

Total: 16
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 3

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 8d6

Heroes can use Purple Man's "Protective Charm" d8 complication created by Tigra in their reactions. It's assumed that counterattacks will be emotional in nature (Psych/Menace).

Reactions Needed: Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, and Tigra

Next Action: Ghost Rider

This message was last edited by the player at 19:10, Sat 27 June 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 114 posts
Sun 28 Jun 2020
at 13:20
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
I goofed on Purple Man's roll by forgetting he needs to have effect dice for each hero. So he can't actually target everyone the way I originally had him doing. Instead, he will target only DD and Spider-Man, adding the previously-unused d4 as his effect die.

Total: 16
Effect: d4 to Spider-Man, d6 to Daredevil
Opportunities: 3

Doom Pool: 1d10, 3d8, 8d6

Also, Team Carnage has been added to the turn order as a Mob 9d6.

Ghost Rider still has the next action.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:59, Sun 28 June 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 36 posts
 PPs: 2
 XPs: 9
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 09:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage


Daredevil feels the pulses of the heroes around him rise, and his radar sense picks up new entrants on the field approaching slowly but too far to ascertain exactly whom. Instead of searching for identities before the fight is even joined, he concentrates on Spider-Man beside him, picking up his racing heartbeat, guided by that impressive spider-sense. With the kid at his side, along with the other heroes, he knew they'd have a fighting chance, no matter what foe came up. How many could there be, anyway?

Defending from Purple Man's Emotional attack, Total: 16, Effect: d6:
Team    d6
Blind Justice    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Menace Expert    2d6
Protective Charm Complication d8
Bead on Spider-Man Resource    d6

DD rolled Daredevil rolled 4,2,1,5,4,3,4 using d6,d4,d10,d6,d6,d8,d6 ((4,2,1,5,4,3,4)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 13; Effect: d8
1 Opportunity
Higher defending Effect die steps down attacking Effect die, to d4

PPs: 2 (starting; from msg #162) +1 (negative Distinction) +1 (Opportunity) = 4


Daredevil has heard stories of that voice, not just from Jessica, though she got it the worst. He could hear through it even over the loudspeakers -- just a hesitation that speaks of fear, of being beaten once again -- but the blind hero cannot deny the hesitation in his own body, his hand taking a fraction of a heartbeat longer to respond in curling into a fist and shifting a foot to a defensive position. That could be where it starts. If he's aware of it, if he can track it, perhaps he can resist it or find a way around it, maybe even turn it into an advantage. Regardless, it's now or never. If he can help it, when he pulls out the strength of his convictions and his loyalty to his friends standing beside him and his obedience to justice, he knows that he can do this. He knows that he cannot allow the bad-guys to win, not now and not ever.

So, yes. He feels as ready as he could ever be. And he'd be damned to hell if he wasn't ready to "play ball".
Ghost Rider
 player, 17 posts
 PPs: 1
 XPs: 2
Mon 29 Jun 2020
at 19:40
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As much as he wanted to do away with the gamesmanship and simply open up a can of hellfire on the villains, Ghost Rider took the lives of the innocents into consideration, not to mention his new teammates. With a wave of his hand, the flames of the Rider's motorcycle went out, turning it from demonic chariot to cooling stunt bike. If Purple Man wanted to play a game, then he would play. For now.

Team: d6
Avenger of the Innocent: d8
"Protective Charm" d8 complication
Spending 1 PP to add d6 to dice pool

15:37, Today: Ghost Rider rolled 4,2,5,3 using d6,d8,d8,d6

Total: 9
Effect: d8

Limit: Gear. Shutdown The Rider's Cycle and gain 1 PP

The Watcher
 GM, 115 posts
Wed 1 Jul 2020
at 07:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Stepping up 1d8 in the Doom Pool for Daredevil's opportunity in Msg #211. Daredevil takes d4 Emotional Stress. Ghost Rider shuts down The Rider's Cycle power set, and his "Need to Recharge" complication steps back to d8. He takes no stress since Purple Man did not have an effect die to target him with.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 2d8, 8d6


As the various villains making up Team Carnage take position around the field, Spidey, DD, Tigra, Ghost Rider and the others can sense their anticipation. With so many long-standing feuds in play, it's clear these criminals and killers are eager to put the hurt on the heroes. And not one of them seems to care that so many innocent lives hang in the balance!

Bullseye grins, swatting the dust from his mitt as he eyes the opposing team.

"So," he says. "Which one of you 'heroes' wants to step up to the plate?"

Next Action: Ghost Rider

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:05, Wed 01 July 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 19 posts
Thu 2 Jul 2020
at 12:40
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
After Black Cat and Misty Knight make their appearances, Spider-Man gives a brief reply.

"Cat. Misty. Thanks. We could use all the help we can get."

He looks to Black Cat.

"I appreciate the compliment, Cat, but don't get too attached to the new look. I'll be exchanging it for store credit as soon as I can. This thing tends to get a little too attached to me. And it's so last season, anyway."

Before Spider-Man can ask about the hostage Black Cat intends to rescue, gunfire interrupts him. It's followed soon by the Purple Man's broadcast over the loudspeaker introducing the incoming team of villains.

"Jack O'Lantern... Morbius... Sabretooth... Oh, my! They're definitely not kidding about this team thing. Pretty sure I saw Shocker selling peanuts in the stands, too."

Spider-Man straightens up and rubs his Symbiote-covered chin with his thumb and index finger.

"It goes without saying that this is definitely a trap of some kind. So ignore that I said it, and let's just stay on guard. We've got to beat them at their own..."

The Purple Man's subtle command cuts the Wall-Crawler's sentence short.

Reaction to Purple Man's command (Total: 16, Effect: d4)

0 PP

Team d6
Wisecracker d8 (Spider-Man's knocking it out of the park. Ba dum tss.)
Psych Expert d8
Protective Charm Complication d8

07:12, Today: Spider-Man rolled 1,1,5,4 using d6,d8,d8,d8.

Total: 5
Effect: d8
2 Opportunites

Spider-Man fails, but the higher effect die steps back the Emotional Stress to nothing.

+2 PP for automatic Opportunity purchases
2 PP Remaining


"R-r-ready!"

Spider-Man is a little stunned as he speaks. The word feels as if it was pulled straight out of his throat.

"That... was unsettling."

Looking back up, he slowly scans the crowded seats once more.

This is what they're all going through right now. This is what we're fighting for.

"This Purple Man is no joke," Spider-Man shuddered, turning to face the others. "Tigra, thanks for that spell. I think it's the only thing that helped me put up any resistance at all. We're going to need it. All of these guys are dangerous. But we've beaten the crap out of them too many times before to stop now. Let's play ball!"
Shocker
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 3 Jul 2020
at 19:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Shocker looks up from the peanuts he is passing out to several of Carnage's followers. Seeing Spidey, he thrusts his arms to the sides, taking a defiant stance.

"What?!" he cries. "Can't a guy make a good, honest living anymore?!"

Next Action: Still Ghost Rider, I'm just goofing around here. :P
The Watcher
 GM, 125 posts
Tue 7 Jul 2020
at 17:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Per the convo in the OOC thread, let's turn the next action over to Daredevil.
Daredevil
 player, 39 posts
 PPs: 4 (from msg #211)
 XPs: 9
Wed 8 Jul 2020
at 09:08
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil takes a step back to solidify his defensive position. The volume of his voice drops enough that his compatriots can make him out but the incoming enemies there won't pick up his plans. "The worst thing we can do is play their game. But we may not have a choice," he says, keeping his guard up and turned toward the field. The blind hero focuses, reaching out with his senses to canvas the area, taking in every nook and cranny in the field, hunting for any imperfection that may give any degree of an advantage. "Tigra, we still need to get that crowd out of here. However you can do it, wherever you can send them -- anywhere is safer than here." (That d12 Scene Complication is going to be monumental if he uses it against us ) He maps the pitcher's mound in his mind, the slight elevation possibly becoming a launching platform. With nothing overhead in the field, acrobatics would be null. "We'll need everyone to mix it up with whoever's out there. The easiest task we may have in our careers is to create as much chaos as possible out in this field. Shouldn't be hard with this crew. Venom, we'll need you too."

A little lower, more specific for just those immediately around him: "'Rider, at the right moment, we'll need a distraction," he says, knowing that creating a longer chain of commands also increases the amount of weak links. "And Spidey." He doesn't need to turn, knowing his trusted partner will get his suggestion. "We need to get up to that press box, the two of us, to pull out the root of this madness." He shifts his back foot to his strongest defensive position, feeling their deadly foes coming on, sensing them over the air like a telegraph. "We'll go along with this long enough to get an opening. And when that happens, we get up there and take those madmen out."


To create Infield Knowledge Asset:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear    d8
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12* (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Superhuman Senses Power Stunt (using all senses to map the field)    d8
(-1 PP)
Combat Expert    d8
Bead on Spider-Man Resource    d6

Daredevil rolled 4,7,4,6,7,4 using d6,d8,d12,d8,d8,d6 ((4,7,4,6,7,4)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 20; Effect: d12

If the resulting Effect die is d8 or above, spend a PP to make it persistent

PPs: 4 (starting; from msg #211) -1 (Radar Sense) -1 (Superhuman Senses Power Stunt) -1 (adding third die to Total) = 1 (or 0, on contingent)

Next Action: Team Carnage

The Watcher
 GM, 127 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 20:29
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spidey takes no emotional stress due to his higher effect die. DD attempts to create his d12 Infield Knowledge asset.

12:50, Today: The Watcher rolled 9,5,4,4,6,3,4,6,1,5,5,1 using 1d10,1d10,1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6 ((9,5,4,4,6,3,4,6,1,5,5,1)). Doom pool reaction to DD trying to create Infield Knowledge d12 asset.

Total: 21
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2
Doom Pool: 2d10, 2d8, 7d6

Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total.

It takes the entire doom pool and a sacrificed d6 to just beat out DD's 20 total, but he still gets a chance to re-roll due to his Radar Sense SFX.

As DD relays his plans to the team, he scans the field with his radar sense, taking note of all the subtle details in the field. As he does so however, the roar of the crowd and the jeering of the villains makes it difficult to muster his concentration. But it's not just that, he realizes: something has been off with his ability ever since he was struck by Shriek's sonic blast. It was hard to believe only a couple of hours had passed since that battle in the streets. As things were now, trying to reach beyond those in his immediate vicinity felt like the mental equivalent of getting a bad signal on an old TV. If the crowd would only quiet down for an instant, he might be able to marshal his focus and get a clearer picture. Maybe, he thinks, he can power through this if he musters every ounce of his concentration.
Misty Knight
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 21:27
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Satisfied the heroes have had enough time to themselves, Bullseye tosses a bat in the direction of Spidey's team. The villain shows some unusual restraint not to fling it in his typical deadly fashion, but that doesn't stop him from tossing it a little extra harder than necessary. Before even the enhanced reflexes of the other heroes kick in, Misty's bionic right arm shoots out and grabs it effortlessly!

"It's a good plan, DD," she says. "Now let's beat these fools."

As she stares down the villains-- Bullseye grinning as she steps to the plate-- it's clear to everyone how on edge the police detective is. Seeing her officers fall in that twisted warm-up game must have taken a real toll on her. Nevertheless, her determination is fierce as ever, and she gears up to take the first swing of the game!
Team Carnage
 NPC, 1 post
Sat 11 Jul 2020
at 23:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN... LET'S PLAY BALL!"

With all the players in position, the game is on! As Bullseye winds up and lets loose with a fastball, Misty swings that bat and connects on her first try! The ball goes soaring into the outfield, where the loosely-assembled outfielders Jack O'Lantern, Typhoid Mary, and Morbius scramble to get hold of it. The Living Vampire's psionic-gliding ability gets him to the ball the fastest, and he quickly winds up to hurl the ball towards first base!

But something's wrong. Misty isn't moving! The sight of so many deadly superhuman abilities on display at once seems to have caused her to freeze up. No doubt she is thinking of her fallen fellow officers who already lost their lives to these brutal superhuman athletes. Although only seconds have passed, she'll need every remaining ounce of time to make it to first! A quick shout of encouragement from a teammate might make all the difference as Team Carnage bears down on her! And who better to deliver a swift call to action than the heroes' team captain, Spider-Man?

The villains try to crush Spidey's spirits by getting his teammate out right at the start of the game!

Team 9d6
Making Carnage Proud d8
Psych Expert d8

16:44, Today: Team Carnage rolled 1,4,5,4,2,4,1,1,1,2,7,6 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d8,1d6 ((1,4,5,4,2,4,1,1,1,2,7,6)). Team Carnage trying to get weaken Spidey's resolve by getting Misty out right on the first pitch!

Total: 18
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 4 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total.

Reaction Needed: Spider-Man

Next Action: Carnage (Returning to Moon Knight's HQ)

Carnage
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 16:00
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Bushmaster was like a son to me," hisses Carnage, getting his underling's name wrong again as he steadies his bladed hand. The edges of the symbiote-weapon gleam with sharpness in the dim light of Moon Knight's HQ. "You're gonna pay for that, Moon-Man!"

His head darts back and forth between the pair of vigilantes as he glowers at each of them in turn. "You barge in here-- into my base that I stole fair and square-- and keep me from watching my ball game! The nerve of you people!!"

Rounding on Domino, he lifts the dual-bladed axe high above his head. "You wanted it, sister? Well, COME AND GET IT!!"

With an insane guffaw, he swings the axe right at Domino's neck!

Solo d10
Murderous d8
Superhuman Strength d10
Combat Expert d8
Domino's Physical Stress d10
1d10 from the Doom Pool

08:43, Today: Carnage rolled 1,4,10,2,3,1 using 1d10,1d8,1d10,1d8,1d10,1d10 ((1,4,10,2,3,1)). Carnage trying to chop Domino in the neck!

Total: 14
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2

Spent 1d10 doom to add it to the dice pool.

Reaction Needed: Domino
Next Action: Moon Knight

This message was last updated by the player at 16:00, Mon 13 July 2020.

Domino
 player, 53 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 0
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 04:57
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In the moments that Carnage was talking and posturing, Domino slipped one hand behind her back.
Sliding the gun from that hand into a holster there, she took Deadpool's tricky device from where he'd slapped on her, and quickly flicked one setting.

Not long ago, while working together, he'd shown her the device: taught her the basics of using it, because she'd needed it at that time, for what they were doing.

Now, she didn't have the luxury of programming it properly, but she could flick the one toggle she found with her touch ...
And as the Psychotic Symbiote launched at her, Domino activated the effect.   It sent her precisely three meters ahead of where she was.  This put her directly behind Carnage, and as she teleported, she pivoted with her Superhuman Reflexes and Combat Training.

The whole manoeuvre put the Femme Fatale out of harms way, and in the perfect position to counterstrike ... and she did.
As she saw her Buddy, Moon Knight, already moving to engage, she levelled her remaining gun at the back of Carnage, and pulled the trigger.


Reaction to Carnage's attack (Total 14)
d10: Buddy
d8:  Femme Fatale
d10: Superhuman Reflexes
d10: Combat Master
d8:  Deadpool's tricky device
d10: Carnage's Physical Stress

- rolled 9,2,4,6,8,2 using d10,d8,d10,d10,d8,d10.  Reaction to Carnage's attack (total 14).

Total: 17
Effect: d10
SFX: Domino Effect. On a successful reaction against a physical stress attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die.

Carnage
 NPC, 8 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 19:13
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino's Counterattack brings Carnage up to d12 Physical Stress!

Carnage lets out a shout of frustration as his axe chops through empty air and embeds itself right in the floor!

"Hey, no fair!" he cries. "Thought this was a good ol' fashioned deathmatch, not hide and seek!"

He tugs on the stuck weapon to no avail, his head craning around to search for Domino.

"Now where are y-- OOF!!"

The symbiotic slayer is knocked to the floor as a hail of bullets strike him from behind. He extends an extra set of symbiote-limbs from his mid-section to catch himself, turning around like a spider to spot his attacker. His voice, once high and lilting, drops to a ragged gasp.

"Yeeeowch! That smarts... Care to spill the name of your ammo supplier, Domino? That is, before I spill your guts across this floor?"

His eyes shift between Domino and Moon Knight as, like some cornered animal, he appears to consider fight or flight. But, being rather insane, he naturally chooses the first option!
Moon Knight
 player, 26 posts
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 19:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
His buddy had gotten in a great shot, but that was what Domino did. She was lucky that way. The Fist of Khonshu, by comparison, had to work for his successes.

The gatling gun had wheezed its last gasp taking out Bushman, so Moon Knight tossed it aside and charged forward. Hopefully a little enhanced strength would serve just as well (and he had some enhanced durability to fall back on if not) — getting close to Carnage wasn't quite the sanest idea Moon Knight had ever had. But Moon Knight was a combat master, and could throw a better punch than just about anyone he knew. He swung for the fences with his best haymaker, hoping he could rattle Carnage's teeth, or even knock a few out. Carnage's existing physical stress would certainly help with that.



Moon Knight rolled 6,4,5,8,6 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d10 ((6,4,5,8,6)).
Adding Physical Stress: Moon Knight rolled 12 using 1d12 ((12)).


Total: 20
Effect: d10

This message was last edited by the player at 22:31, Tue 14 July 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 9 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 20:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
12:44, Today: Carnage rolled 14,2,3 using 1d10,1d8,1d10,1d8.  Carnage reacting to Moon Knight's punch.

Total: 7
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Moon Knight wins with 2 extraordinary successes!

As Carnage mouths off to Domino, he fails to spot Moon Knight moving into position. That is, until the vigilante is already sailing through the air, ready to deliver a fistful of vengeance! The symbiote-bonded killer looks at the mercenary with an expression of utter disbelief, as if to say, "Did you really just come across a known murderer wearing a powerful living suit capable of going toe-to-toe with some of the most powerful superheroes around, and decide the best way to proceed was to punch him?"

And then he gets decked by Moon Knight! Carnage falls to the floor with an unceremonious thud, his multiple limbs sprawling out. From the way he's groaning, it seems he's down for the count, at least for now.

But is it really over...?

Follow-up post coming shortly.
Spider-Man
 player, 21 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 05:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Seeing Misty Knight hesitate to run for first, Spider-Man thinks fast to get her moving.

"Aww, come on, ref! He's clearly using his powers! Look, Puzzle Face! Right over there!"

Spider-Man makes a motion as if he's pointing to Morbius, while simultaneously shooting out an impact ball of web from his hand.

Reaction to villains' emotional attack (Total 18, Effect d8)

2 PP
Spending 1 PP to include second distinction
Spending 1 PP to buy Watcher's opportunity for power stunt
0 PP remaining

Team d6
Umpire Jigsaw d4 (Probably not very happy with Spider-Man's commentary)
Wisecracker d8
Psych Expert d8
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Web-Slinging Stunt d10
SFX: Grapple. Add d6 and step up your effect die +1 when inflicting a complication on your target.

00:33, Today: Spider-Man rolled 2,2,7,4,2,2 using d6,d4,d8,d8,d10,d6.

Total: 11 (7+4)
Effect: d12 (step up effect die +1 from SFX: Grapple)


"Yeesh!"

Spider-Man had hoped to trap the ball in the hand of The Living Vampire Morbius with his webbing, but he overshoots the trajectory.

Unable to help with his Spider-Powers, Peter hopes that he can at least encourage Misty Knight to lessen the stress the villains are causing her.

"Misty! You've got this! Don't let them get to you! Go go go go go!"
Frenchie
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 19:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Oh mon Dieu..."

The words coming from Carnage's mouth appear to make no sense. Perhaps Moon Knight hit him too hard? He writhes on the ground, struggling as though an unseen force assails him. From watching him, it becomes clear to Domino and her partner that he seems to be battling the symbiote itself!

Yes, for as the symbiote gives a final shudder and oozes off its host body, the pair of mercenaries make a startling discovery! The man underneath the suit is not Cletus Kasady at all, but someone else entirely?!

"Yes, Marc..." says Frenchie, the longtime partner of Moon Knight and director of his HQ. As he stands, the last of the red ooze drips off his body to form a loose, quivering puddle at his feet. "That *putain dog ambushed me here... Took control of me with that affreux ooze and made me set this trap for you. I couldn't fight it... like I was nothing more than a fantoche in the hands of that bouffon!"

As he looks up at Moon Knight, the fear in his eyes slowly subsides, but he remains on alert.

"That connard Bushman was in on it too... Said he'd been planning this attack a long time, and decided Kasady was the perfect partner for his little coup. He even brought the cameras Kasady made me use for his strange little broadcast."

His eyes widen as some realization suddenly dawns on him.

"He was in my head, Marc..." he breathes. "He knows everything... Every secret, every bit of knowledge about this place... We're going to need a new maison when this is all over."

He clutches a hand to the side of his face, lightly bruised from the impact of Moon Knight's fist. Even through the symbiote's mask, the mercenary hero did some damage.

"What does that madman want with us?" asks Frenchie quietly.

Spent 1d8 from the doom pool to activate Carnage's SFX:

SFX: Symbiote Decoy. When Carnage is stressed out, spend d8 from the doom pool and reveal that the unconscious body the heroes are looking at is one of Carnage’s victims in a mock symbiote suit.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 6d6

Another follow-up post coming shortly.

*French translations:
putain = goddamn
affreux = awful
fantoche = puppet
boufonn = buffoon
connard = asshole
coup = coup :P
maison = home

Moon Knight
 player, 27 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 17:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Frenchie:
"He was in my head, Marc..." he breathes. "He knows everything... Every secret, every bit of knowledge about this place... We're going to need a new maison when this is all over."

He clutches a hand to the side of his face, lightly bruised from the impact of Moon Knight's fist. Even through the symbiote's mask, the mercenary hero did some damage.

"What does that madman want with us?" asks Frenchie quietly.


"Carnage just enjoys messing with people," Moon Knight told his longtime friend, helping him into a seated position and taking a better look at his bruised face. Fortunately, it appeared he'd be okay. "It's his second favorite thing, right behind killing them.

"As for the lair... it's just a building. As long as you're alright, mon frere, I don't care about the building."

Carnage
 NPC, 10 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 19:16
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Moon Knight and Frenchie converse, there comes a high, rasping gasp from the elevator shaft. No doubt that's the Bushman breathing his very last breath. With any luck, there will be a body there when the mercenaries go to check on it. Moon Knight knows well enough that this isn't the first time Bushman has "died" in one of their fights.

Moon Knight hits a HERO OR VIGILANTE? milestone: 10 XP when you refuse to kill a member of Carnage's Family (or prevent an ally from doing it), or kill them (or convince an ally to do it).

But before anyone can move to check on the villain's body, a high, ringing laugh comes from the open doorway. Standing there now, looking no worse for wear, is-- Carnage?! The symbiote-mask he usually wears has withdrawn into the nape of his suit, leaving no doubt that this is truly the main man himself-- Cletus Kasady!

"Guess you're right about me, eh Marc?" sneers Carnage, sidling into the room. "Oh that's right, your little pal Bushman-- bless his soul-- told me all about you. Your imaginary friend, your 'unique set of skills,' and all the wonderful little toys you've got stashed here!" He gestures around to the crates of military hardware lining the room.

"But he didn't mention what a soft little sidekick you've got! I mean, can we all just acknowledge how much fun that was for me?" he grins. "I had the little Frenchman like a puppet on a string! I knew I could get in peoples' heads, but to take them over so completely like that! Oh, it's like I'm falling in love with this symbiote all over again!"

He gives a toothy grin. "Those extra symbiotes I absorbed at the Life Foundation really did the trick," he smirks. "Sure made up for that bit of me I left behind when the Tiger Queen tried to take me out. Now I'm back and better than ever! I'm running on high-octane, extra-strength space-ooze, baby! The sky's the limit for this guy!"

Detecting some bit of movement, he turns and spots something in the corner of the room. "Ooh, and speaking of symbiotes," he continues. "I spy with my little eye a tasty ooze-packet right there!"

He reaches out with an arm and shoots a tentacle toward the corner of the room, where lurks the lone remaining unbound symbiote that attacked Moon Knight in the elevator! But before Carnage can get his hands on it, the ooze-creature launches itself at Moon Knight, covering him from head-to-toe!

As Carnage, Domino, and Frenchie watch, they see a new, symbiote-bonded figure standing where Moon Knight had been just a moment ago! What is the identity of this new being, and is it friend or foe?!

Moon Knight spends 15 XP to purchase the Symbiote Suit unlockable.

Next Action: Domino

The Watcher
 GM, 138 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 22:41
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spidey takes d10 of Emotional Stress from Team Carnage's extraordinary success, bringing him to d10 of Emotional Trauma.

The umpire, Jigsaw, chews a big wad of tobacco and squirts a jet out of the corner of his mouth. Yes, chewing tobacco-- seriously. This here's an old-fashioned villain if ever there was one.

"Carnage said he wants people usin' their powers," he mutters to Spidey. "S'posed to be more fun that way-- whattaya think the whole point of this game is?"

He doesn't appear to notice Spidey's sneaky attempt to web up Morbius, assuming he would have cared either way. And better yet, Misty kicks it into high gear! She makes it to first base just in the nick of time, mouthing a silent 'thank-you' to the web-slinger.

And as the web-head takes stock of the situation, he sees another encouraging sight: the Black Cat moving ever stealthily toward the press box, where the Purple Man maintains his control over the stadium! She gives a silent thumbs-up to Spidey.

Even so, that was a close one-- the game almost started out on a very bad foot! Spidey can already feel the pressure, yet he knows right now he needs to have nerves of steel!

Going back to our earlier discussion of using the "spotlight route" to heal Spidey's trauma, I'd like to offer that if he makes it through this game, he'll completely heal his Emotional Trauma. So if he's feeling the pressure, don't be afraid to show it 'cause that's what this scene is all about!
Shocker
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 22:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The webbing Spidey launched goes far afield, landing in a messy pile atop a bag of peanuts right as Shocker is about to hand it to a spectator. He turns and shoots a dirty look at the wall-crawler.

"Seriously?!" he shouts. "Don't make me come down there!"
Domino
 player, 55 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 0
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 04:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
'Well, shit', Domino thought to herself, unsure whether this heralded further aid, or further danger, for herself.
Was Moon Knight now one of the targets?  or still in control of himself?

Either way, there was one 'clear and present danger' that needed to be dealt with ... and while Carnage* was temporarily distracted by the sudden change in situation (and the betrayal of its little minion?), Domino knew she had to take the initiative here.
Especially if she now had two symbiotic enemies to deal with.
                  * the real one?

Hoping that her Buddy was still on her side, the Hardened Mercenary again focused on what mattered: the Target.
Leveling her Guns at the new Carnage, she went Full Auto, her Combat Mastery and Superhuman Reflexes kicking into action yet again.

Action: Shoot Carnage full of bullets ... again
d10:  Buddy
d8:   Hardened Mercenary
2d8: Guns
SFX: Full Auto. Against a single target, step up or double a Guns die. Remove the highest rolling die and use three dice for your total.
d10: Superhuman Reflexes
d10: Combat Mastery

- rolled 8,7,3,1,10,10 using d10,d8,d8,d8,d10,d10.  Attack Carnage.
Total: 25
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1


PP: 1
Reaction needed: Carnage

Carnage
 NPC, 11 posts
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 00:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hmm, what's this?" says Carnage as he sees the stray symbiote begin to merge with Moon Knight. "Ripping off my look, huh? Well how about I rip off your-- hey!!"

Noticing Domino's sudden attack, he stretches his body like a length of taffy, attempting to allow her bullets to pass harmlessly through an empty pocket of the red suit.

Using the doom pool to add a d8 "Stretching Like Taffy" Stunt to Carnage's roll and stepping it up to d10 via Domino's opportunity.

17:02, Today: Carnage rolled 10,7,2,2,10 using 1d10,1d8,1d10,1d8,1d10 ((10,7,2,2,10)). Carnage trying to stretch out of the way of Domino's bullets.

Spending 1d10 from the doom pool to keep a 3rd die (d8 that rolled 7) for the total.

Total: 27
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Carnage wins. No stress taken.

Doom Pool: 6d6


Domino's symbiote-seeking ammunition passes through a thin sheet of the alien substance, which quickly reforms as the bullets embed themselves in the nearby wall. "Face it, sister!" crows Kasady. "You're in over your head! And pretty soon, I'm gonna pop that head right off your body! HAHAHAHA!!"

Next Action: Team Carnage

This message was last edited by the player at 00:56, Mon 20 July 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 140 posts
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 13:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
I forgot to include where those dice came from in Carnage's last roll. It should have been:

Solo d10
Sneaky d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8
"Stretching Like Taffy" Stunt d10

The Watcher
 GM, 143 posts
Mon 20 Jul 2020
at 18:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Team Carnage invites the next set of heroes up to bat! One by one, Daredevil, Spider-Man, Tigra and *Ghost Rider step up to the plate, where Bullseye throws them his deadliest fastball! How will each of them fare in this dangerous game?

Team 9d6
Making Carnage Proud d4 (They notice he's no longer watching)
Weapon d8
Area Attack 2d6

09:56, Today: Team Carnage rolled 3,1,5,2,2,5,3,3,5,3,3,5,6 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((3,1,5,2,2,5,3,3,5,3,3,5,6)).

Total: 16
Effect: d8 to Tigra, d6 to DD and Spidey
Opportunities: 1 (Available to DD, Spidey, or Tigra)

Spent 1d6 to add a 3rd die to the total. Stepping up 1d6 via Team Carnage's use of the "Making Carnage Proud" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 1d8, 5d6

Reactions Needed: Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Tigra (Any order is fine-- please include a roll for the reaction as well as a roll for your action)

*I'll handle Ghost Riders' actions until the player is able to return to the game..

Daredevil
 player, 40 posts
 PPs: 1 or 0 (msg #217)
 XPs: 9
Wed 22 Jul 2020
at 09:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil is looking out over the field as he works out the plan in his head. "It seems we don't have any choice but to go along with it. But instead of playing their game," he mutters to his companions as he steps to the plate. "Let's take care of the rules."

Once at the plate he spits to the side then leans into a hunched batter's crouch, his billy club becoming a poor substitute for a baseball bat. Yet this is not the opportunity for the Man Without Fear to finally show any. His brow furrows as he concentrates on Bullseye winding up for the pitch. His foe is so familiar that he can feel his moves like they were his own, making it easier when he knows his enemy's intent. That ball is headed right at his own body, but this devil won't flinch. He just needs to get the ball into play. And this time he doesn't even need to be the target.

"Venom..." Daredevil murmurs to get the symbiote's attention but already smelling the thing crawl up behind him.

The ball leaves Bullseye's hand in the deadliest pitch ever enacted on a baseball field. While the throw is also the fastest ever seen here, as Daredevil had sensed the wind-up and the ball leaving the villain's hand then striking in less time than it takes the brain to deliver the message, he smiles as his plan quietly unfurls into action.

Defending from Team Carnage Mob attack</i>
Reaction to Total: 16, Effect: d6:
Team    d6
Man Without Fear    d8
Billy Club/Weapon    d6
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Acrobatic Master    2d8
Friendly Neighborhood Venom Asset    d12

Daredevil rolled 5,8,5,9,6,8,9 using d6,d8,d6,d10,d8,d8,d12 ((5,8,5,9,6,8,9)).

Total: 17; Effect: d12

PPs: 1 (starting; from msg #217 (since the roll didn't activate the contingency)) = 1


Daredevil doesn't have to move too far out of the way of the ball's deadly path when one of Venom's slimy appendages reaches across his profile to not only absorb the force of the attack but to knock the ball off its trajectory and send it ricocheting away and into the ground!

If the ball is in the play then the game is active, which means the bases are open for stealing! And before the umpire can call a ruling when Daredevil takes off toward first base (though his radar sense has trouble picking up where the base has been dug level with the ground), the Man without Fear calls out to his newest -- and hopefully most obedient -- partner: "Venom! Eat the umpire!"

"Aaaahhhh, finally... a tasty treat!" the grotesque symbiote growls, turning to the villainous Jigsaw behind the plate.

Create No-Rules Baseball Complication on Team Carnage:
Team    d6
Blind Justice    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Superhuman Senses    d10
Psyche Expert    d8
Friendly Neighborhood Venom Asset    d12

DD rolled Daredevil rolled 3,2,7,2,2 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d12 ((3,2,7,2,2)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 12; Effect: d12

PPs: 1 (starting; from above) +1 (negative Distinction) -1 (adding third die) = 1

Reaction: Team Carnage



Daredevil heads in the direction of where he imagines first base to be with all the speed and might he can muster, keeping an mental eye on the press-box above, and ready to make his own run for it if the ensuing chaos behind him is the cover he planned for.
Jigsaw
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 02:19
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 236):

As Daredevil sets his plan into motion, Jigsaw turns to face Venom as the Lethal Protector advances on him.

"Bring it, tough guy, I ain't scared of you!" says Jigsaw, lifting his arms to the sides. "This ain't my first rodeo with symbiotes. In fact, I've got a little something special here for you!"

But given Venom's fearsome reputation among the villain underworld-- and the slight sweat forming on the mobster's brow-- one has to wonder: is this real bravery coming from Jigsaw, or mere posturing...?

Team 9d6
Playing for Keeps d4 (Maybe he didn't expect to get eaten)
Menace Expert d8

06:52, Today: Team Carnage rolled 5,1,4,6,2,1,3,1,4,1,5 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((5,1,4,6,2,1,3,1,4,1,5)). Team Carnage reaction to DD trying to create "Out of Control Baseball" d12 complication.

Total: 16
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 4 (Available first to Daredevil)

Jigsaw wins and takes no complication. Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total.

Doom Pool: 2d8, 3d6


Jigsaw motions to a nearby group of thugs in the stadium. Though easily recognizable as the mob bosses' enforcers, they've been outfitted with loads of goofy Carnage memorabilia-- red-and-black masks, hats, jerseys, and those classic "we're #1" foam fingers universal to big-league sporting events. The fact that Jigsaw's bunch have been forced to pay homage to Carnage is a ridiculous sight to behold.

Less funny, though, is the fact that one of them is carrying a hefty flamethrower with a fuel can strapped to his back! The mask-wearing thug keeps the business end pointed at Venom, while his buddy wags an oversized red foam-finger at the vigilante, as if to say, "Oh no you don't!"

But while Venom may be unable to carry out DD's command, the blind vigilante uses the distraction to make it to first base-- putting Misty on second!
Tigra
 player, 22 posts
Sat 25 Jul 2020
at 20:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra had been watching everyone around her. There really was no way to help the audience leave in safety since all the Purple Man had to do was command the crowd to start killing themselves and well, that would happen. Maybe he had already had a backup plan and told the crowd to do harm if they left the place.
She had rolled her eyes at the Purple Man with his jabbering about really playing a game, and all the other buffoons.
"Oh, Morbius is one of these guys. I suppose working together before didn't mean that much to him. He could have given me a heads up."
Tigra thought this was such a waste of time - lives were at risk and not just this stadium. She was seething with rage, and feeling a little betrayed.

Tigra grabbed a nearby baseball bat, walked up to the pitch, her hackles raised, fangs out.
"Bring it on, Bullsie. I know just where this hit's going."

Against Team Carnage
Team d10
Heroes for Hire asset d8
Adventurous Sorceress (never done this before, good one for the scrapbook) d8
Superhuman reflexes d10
Acrobatics master 2d8

12:36, Today: Tigra rolled 5,6,5,5,1,7 using d10,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8 ((5,6,5,5,1,7)).

Total= 7 + 6 = 13, +5 (1 pp to add a third die) = 18
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1
SFX pounce:Pounce. On a successful reaction against a physical attack, inflict physical stress with your effect die at no PP cost. Spend 1 PP to step it up.
PP: 2 - 1 = 1


Tigra hit the ball, which flew towards Morbius. With a loud "clunk," Morbius fell on the ground, a big welt showed on his temple where the ball him. The ball continued rolling away.

As Tigra made her way to the first base, she shouted towards Morbious, hoping he could hear her,"That's what you get for turning your back on your bookclub friends, Morbius! This makes up for it so no hard feelings, and you're still invited this weekend."

Tigra kept running and thought she'd make this game more to the heroes' advantage with restricting the villains' vision. She will be conjuring some sparks in front of their faces on her way to first base.

Creating Blinding Lights Complication on Team Carnage
Team d10
Mystical Legend (always coming up with legendary ideas) d8
Heroes for Hire asset d8
Enhanced speed d8
Supreme Sorcery d10
Mystic master 2d8
Limit: The Extent of Sorcery. When you add Supreme Sorcery to any pool, you may only create assets and complications as your effect.

13:25, Today: Tigra rolled 10,8,3,2,10,5,7 using d10,d8,d8,d8,d10,d8,d8 ((10,8,3,2,10,5,7)).

Total: 10 + 10 = 20
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0
Plot Points: 1


Next: The Watcher

This message was last edited by the player at 20:56, Sat 25 July 2020.

Sabertooth
 NPC, 1 post
Sun 26 Jul 2020
at 17:16
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 238):

Tigra's counterattack knocks out a Team 9d6 die from Team Carnage, reducing them to Team 8d6. Stepping up 1d8 in the doom pool from Tigra's opportunity in Msg #238.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 3d6


With Daredevil on first and Misty on second, Tigra steps up to the plate and knocks Bullseye's fastball straight at Morbius! The living vampire takes the ball straight to the temple, knocking him off his feet and leaving him sprawled on the grassy outfield. Tigra hurtles to first, with the bases loaded and the heroes poised to score a run!

With the bases loaded and no outs, that leaves it up to Spider-Man to send Misty to home plate! With all that's happened to him tonight, and the hundreds of lives hanging in the balance, is the web-head up to the challenge? As he is ever the bookish type, one had better hope Peter Parker is learning the rules of this "sports-ball" game very quickly!

In the outfield, Morbius claws his way back to a standing position. The purple bruise on his head shimmers and fades as his healing factor kicks into action. His teammates Sabertooth and Scorpion laugh at him.

"Book club? What a sissy! What are you guys reading this week, Twilight?"

After Spidey goes, we'll jump back over to the scene with Domino/Moon Knight.
Purple Man
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 16:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Up in the press box, Killgrave grins as Spidey steps up to the plate. The villain taps his microphone before he speaks, getting the whole crowd's attention.

"The itsy-bitsy spider will try to hit the ball," he says in a sing-song voice. "He better play along or I may kill them all!"

It's a brazen attempt to get in the web-slinger's head. And regardless of how the hero reacts, it gives the Black Cat pause as she makes her way up toward the Purple Man's nest. She watches Spider-Man in nervous anticipation, forgetting for a moment that there's a hostage she needs to rescue!

Adding 1d10 to the doom pool from Purple Man's Psych Master specialty. Spending 1d8 doom to add Shriek to the other scene.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 3d6

Next Action: Shriek

This message was last edited by the player at 21:43, Mon 27 July 2020.

Team Carnage
 NPC, 2 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 21:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 238):

SFX: "Walk It Off!" Spend d6 from the doom pool to recover a d6 Mob die or step back physical trauma by –1.

Spent 1d6 doom to bring Morbius back into the mob.


Team Carnage braces themselves as Tigra prepares some kind of offensive magical spell. They are relieved, and perhaps a bit confused, when they instead see a dazzling array of shimmering lights shoot from her fingertips up into the sky. The less intelligent members of the team decide to stare directly at the fireworks.

Team 9d6
Playing for Keeps d4 (Not keen on losing their vision)
Superhuman Stamina d10
Psych Expert d8 (Realizing Tigra's intent)

14:14, Today: Team Carnage rolled 3,5,2,4,6,3,4,5,3,4,4,8 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d10,1d8 ((3,5,2,4,6,3,4,5,3,4,4,8)).

Tigra wins. Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total. Added 1d6 doom for Team Carnage's use of the "Playing for Keeps" Team distinction at d4. Team Carnage's higher effect die steps back Tigra's effect die to d6. Team Carnage takes a d6 "Blinding Lights" complication.

Total: 19
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0
Doom Pool: 2d10,2d6

Just as Morbius is getting back to his feet, his vision is filled with the blinding white light of Tigra's spell. He and the other villains with enhanced senses are the most affected of the bunch, while most of the team merely shrugs off the annoying sight.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Mon 27 July 2020.

Shriek
 NPC, 3 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 22:38
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Carnage faces off with Domino and the symbiote-bonded Moon Knight, the door leading into the room opens wider and a lithe, pale-skinned woman enters. She keeps her eye on something out in the hallway, slowly turning as she speaks to Kasady.

"Ugh, that Deadpool idiot is so annoying. Took a point-blank sonic blast to wipe the stupid grin off his face. He shouldn't bother us anymore, Cupcake."

As she turns to embrace Kasady, her face lights up in surprise as she realizes it is not him standing there, but the symbiote-clad Moon Knight!

"Whoa, who the hell are you? Back off!"


Reacting on instinct, Shriek thrusts her palms out toward the monstrous figure and lets loose a sonic blast to frighten him off!

Buddy d8
Violent Tendencies d4 (Not realizing the blast might hit Carnage)
Sonic Blasts 2d8
Menace Expert 2d6

14:12, Today: Shriek rolled 5,4,5,3,5,2 using 1d8,1d4,1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6.  Shriek trying to make Moon Knight back up offa her grill.

Total: 15
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0
Doom Pool: 2d10,2d6

Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total. Added 1d6 back into the doom pool for Shriek's use of the "Violent Tendencies" distinction at d4.


As Shriek's sound wave fans out across the room, Carnage puts his hands to his ears and grimaces in pain.

"Yeeowch! I love ya, Babycakes, but that power of yours is like nails on a chalkboard!"

Dismayed by his comment, Shriek now focuses her blast toward Domino, hoping to knock the mercenary's twin pistols right out of her hands!

Activating Domino's Gear limit to shutdown her Guns d8. (Domino takes 1 PP or the Watcher spends 1d6 doom.)

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight

Next Action: Domino

This message was last edited by the player at 22:46, Mon 27 July 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 30 posts
Mon 27 Jul 2020
at 23:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The symbiote encased Moon Knight in a flash, before he could defend himself or evade. But almost as fast was the realization that this symbiote wasa like-minded individual, hell-bent on vengeance versus the insane Cletus Kasady/Carnage and his ilk.

It was more than a tool, maybe an ally. But whatever it was, it was power. Moon Knight rarely felt so strong, save for under the full moon itself. Now it was like he was bathed in moonlight from the inside out, his muscles felt so super-charged.

He was going to like this. He was going to flat-out freaking love this.

And then suddenly there was a woman blasting him with sonics, tearing him out of his momentary reverie and making his symbiote scream in pain.

Who is Marc Spector, really? The answer was so multifaceted to begin with — mercenary, hero, avatar of vengeance — even before the new definition got tacked on: host. It was just one more thing to accept into his fractured psyche and use to its fullest possible effect. So even as the symbiote howled a warning regarding the sonic blast, Moon Knight sprung into action.

Moving away from his buddy, Domino, Moon Knight did his best to split Shriek's field of fire and make her pick one of them versus the other... hopefully him. Domino was tough, but lacked his newly superhuman reflexes and durability. As a combat master, he hoped to maneuver around Shriek and position himself for a counterattack.

Moon Knight rolled 4,7,7,6,5 using d8,d8,d10,d10,d10 ((4,7,7,6,5)).

Using 1 PP (my last! :( ) to keep a third die in my total
Limit: Fire and Sonic Weakness. On a fire or sonic-based attack, change any Symbiote power into a complication and step up or add d6 to the doom pool.

Total: 20
Effect die: d10

Shriek
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 28 Jul 2020
at 01:51
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 243):

As Shriek's initial blast streaks toward Moon Knight, the symbiotic mercenary leaps and bounds away from it effortlessly. Having disarmed Domino for the moment, the frustrated Shriek draws upon more and more of her power to send at Moon Knight. Her blasts follow him around the room, ricocheting at odd angles to blast open crates of weaponry and forcing Carnage to scramble for cover. But no matter how hard the villainess tries, she can't hit the Fist of Khonshu, and it sends her into a howling rage.

"Babydoll!" yelps Carnage, to no answer from her. "Shriek!" Still she ignores him. "YO, FRANCES!! CUT IT OUT!!!"

At the mention of her real name, Carnage's girlfriend finally lets up with the blasts. She clutches a hand to her face as though in pain, as her left eye pulses with an odd glowing light.

"I'm sorry, Carny, but these guys just piss me off! Here we went through all the trouble to get settled in here so you could watch the big game... And these losers just barge in and ruin everything!"

Watching Moon Knight traverse the room, she searches for an opening. Though he may be new and improved, the mercenary still seems unaccustomed to the symbiote's powers. As he goes to leap off a wall, his hands and feet get stuck to the surface, owing to his new wall-crawling abilities. Shriek tries to blast him, but it looks like her powers are all used up for now, and she gives a snarl of frustration!

Forgot to mention this SFX was how she had the Sonic Blast 2d8 in her last roll:

SFX: Take it to Eleven: Step up or double Sonic Blasts for one action. If the action fails, add a die to the doom pool equal to the normal rating of your power die then shut down Sonic Blasts. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.

As her attack on MK was unsuccessful, adding 1d8 to the doom pool for Shriek's failed action and shutting down Sonic Blast d8. Adding 1d6 to the doom pool for MK's activation of his Limit. MK's Wall-Crawling d6 ability becomes a d6 complication.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 1d8, 3d6

Next Action: Domino

Domino
 player, 56 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 0
Tue 28 Jul 2020
at 09:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino couldn't believe her (bad) luck.
Having finished off Carnage, she now needed to do it all over again, against the next new and fresh Carnage ... and now without two of her strongest advantages.

While her Buddy distracted the distraction, the Hardened Mercenary again focused on the primary target.
Her attack drew on all she had left:  her Mastery of Combat and her Superhuman Reflexes.

Instictively, she triggered the device Deadpool had 'shared with her'; hoping that this Carnage would fall for the same trick that his doppelgänger had.


Action: take out this Carnage
d10 Buddy
d8  Hardened Mercenary
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Combat Master
d8  Deadpool's Teleport Device
d10 SFX: Lady Luck On My Side. Spend 1 PP to borrow the highest die in the doom pool as an asset for your next action; then step back and return the doom die.

- rolled 2,8,6,4,1,1 using d10,d8,d10,d10,d8,d10.  Attack Carnage.

Total: 14
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2

Step back Doom Pool Die to 'd8' and return it to Pool.


PP: 2

Reaction needed: Carnage
Next action:  Moon Knight

Carnage
 NPC, 12 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 01:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino's "Lady Luck On My Side" SFX steps back 1d10 in the doom pool to d8.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 2d8, 3d6


Carnage comes out from behind a stack of crates just in time to see Domino activate her teleporter. The villain studies her carefully, tracking the spot he expects her to re-appear. He must have been paying close attention to that trick earlier...

Buddy d8
Murderous d8
Superhuman Strength d8
Tentacles d6
Combat Expert 2d6
Domino's Physical Stress d10

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more SYMBIOTE powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.

SFX: Feed. On any successful action that includes TENTACLES, step up physical stress by +1.

12:53, Today: Carnage rolled 8,8,7,1,3,2,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d10 ((8,8,7,1,3,2,6)). Carnage tries to dodge and counterattack Domino with Symbiote tendrils.

Total: 23
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)

Carnage wins. His extraordinary success and SFX steps up the effect die +2. Domino is stressed out and picks up d6 of Physical Trauma. Spent 1d8 doom to add a 3rd die to the total and 1d6 to counterattack Domino.

*Adding 3d6 to the doom pool from Domino's opportunities, earning her a whopping 3 PP's (3 opps due to Carnage's passive SFX):

SFX: Spread Some Chaos. When Carnage has Team or Buddy Affiliation with other members of his “family”, all heroes’ actions or reactions against Carnage generate opportunities on a 1 or 2.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 4d6


Carnage's eyes narrow. He waits until the last possible instant, then leaps forward, turning in mid-air to face the direction he came. He extends a limb, changing it into a sharpened tendril and stabs it forward... right as Domino appears in its path! The mercenary takes the blade to her back, falling to her knees before collapsing forward.

"Looks like your luck ran out," the villain sneers.

He and Shriek turn on Moon Knight next, grinning with malice!

This message was last edited by the player at 04:20, Thu 30 July 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 22 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 09:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Looking near the dugout, Spider-Man finds a collection of bats and grabs one.

"Bases loaded. This could get us ahead early."

Spider-Man walks up to home plate and taps it with the wooden bat (he's not sure why, but he's positive he's seen the pros do it before). He considers spitting, but he'd just make a mess in his mask.

"Okay, Bullseye, show me what you've got."

Spider-Man takes his stance, wiggling his hips side to side.

"You look ridiculous," says Jigsaw from behind.

"Glass houses, Puzzles," replies Spider-Man

"Have you ever even held a bat before?"

"I'll have you know that I was a happily married man."

"What does that even mean?"

"When a radioactive spider-hero and a beautiful, beautiful woman love each other very much—"

From the pitcher's mound, Bullseye interrupts, "Are you going to run your mouth all night? I was hoping to get to kill some of you before it gets too late."

"Don't get your target tights in a knot. Heeeeeyyy battah battah swwwwing battah battah!"

Jigsaw is starting to sound annoyed. "You really have no idea what you're doing..."

Bullseye gives a smirk. He straightens up, then delivers a perfect fastball coming straight across the plate.

Spider-Man's heightened reflexes make it easy for him to connect bat to ball.

Got it!

As soon as the bat connects, however, it shatters to pieces. Bullseye had thrown it at the exact location necessary to destroy it.

"Steeeeeerike one!" shouts Jigsaw, their tone barely concealing a laugh. The catcher had the ball in their glove, a few splinters still attached.

"Aww. Too bad, Wall-Crawler," Bullseye comments as the ball is thrown back to him. "Ready for strike two?"

Spider-Man tosses aside the piece of bat he's holding. The Symbiote suit elongates into a tendril, then shifts into the form of an ink black bat in Spider-Man's hands.

"Lucky pitch. Let's see what you do with this one."

Spider-Man gets into his ridiculous looking batting position again, his hips wiggling with determination.

Bullseye's smirk doesn't fade. He readies himself again, then releases an even more intimidating fastball. His form is almost elegant, like a dancer in his precision.

Even with Spider-Man's senses and agility, he barely sees this one coming, the bat colliding at the last second with the ball. His swing packs quite a lot of power. Spidey's Symbiote bat hits hard, and the ball goes sailing through the sky like a rocket.

Yes! Home run!

Peter's foot is about to hit the ground and spring his body towards first base, when Jigsaw's voice rings out.

"Foul ball!"

"What?!" Spidey turns on a dime and looks at the umpire. "It's good! That's a home run! It flew out of the park!"

"It's over the foul line, Webhead! What the hell is wrong with you? Those lines are there for a reason!" Jigsaw's disfigured face is turning splotches of red in anger, some pieces more than others.

"...Of course I knew that! I just didn't know you guys were playing by the rules. You know...being bad guys and all."

"Yeah, right, you nerd. Just go ahead and strike out already."

Jigsaw takes his position as umpire again, still steaming with anger.

"That's when you get three strikes, dumbass."

"I knew that one!" Spider-Man insists, but he's not very convincing. Even the other heroes have to be feeling embarrassed for him at this point.

Doppelganger let's out a confused noise on the sidelines.

Before taking his stance in the batter's box again, Spidey calls over to Doppelganger, "It's alright, big guy. I've got this. Just have to say goodbye to that ball and everyone's coming home."

Spider-Man faces the team of villains on the field, and the heroes standing at the ready on each base. He aims his bat straight ahead, signaling that this next one will be a home run. An actual home run this time.

"I'm bringing you all home!"

A few audible groans can be heard around the diamond. Some of them may not have been from villains.

He takes his stance. His hips have no wiggle, and they do not lie. Spider-Man is going to give his all in this next swing.

Bullseye narrows his eyes. He's leaning forward, assessing his foe. The catcher's hand gives him a signal, but Bullseye shakes his head. A different hand signal from the catcher. Bullseye gives a nod. No more smirk. He's serious. Deadly serious. He straightens his body. Motionless and imposing. Then the wind up. And the pitch. Perfectly cast as ever. The ball effortlessly glides from his hand, rolling across his fingertips in a direct line. The stitches on the baseball are a blur as it spins across the field.

Spidey's eyes stay on the ball. His foot presses forward, putting momentum into the twist of his torso. The grip on his alien bat tightens, and he begins to swing. But then, at the last moment, the baseball's direction seems to shift. In a way that seems unnatural, it's path curves and swirls. Peter realizes that his bat will not be coming anywhere near the ball's trajectory.

It's as if time has slowed to nothing. The cheers from the brainwashed crowd, the smell of the cigar smoke lingering on Jigsaw, the glint in Bullseye's teeth as his smile has returned...all of it frozen in time and faded from Peter's mind. With hundredths of a second to react, he has no room for error. Guided only by his Spider-Senses, his muscles act on their own. They tense and release, and the momentum of the swing changes. The bat spins in his hands, and it makes the impossible happen.

Spider-Man hits the ball with his full strength. Unfortunately, the curve ball threw off the angle of the attack. Although not heading straight on through to the other side of the parking lot, the ball is still heading in the right direction. It's direction is just a lot higher than desired. However, even with extreme amounts of air, it was obvious that the ball would make it clean out of the park.

THWIPP!!!

A web shoots out, hitting the ball dead center. It freezes in place for a moment, looking as if a stitch would pop from the sudden stop. It is suddenly zipped quickly back to the field, flying past Bullseye and Spider-Man's head. With a soft thud, it lands in the hands of Doppelganger.

For what feels like a long time, there is silence. Then, Doppel slowly walks over to Spider-Man, his hands outstretched holding the ball. Not knowing what else to do, Spider-Man also hold out his hand, and the ball is gently dropped in it.

"S-say...goodbye?" Doppelganger's voice creaks out the words, but it seems to be in a happy tone. Spider-Man blinks in recognition, but he doesn't know what to say. He's helping.

And then, all at once, laughter erupts from Bullseye and the other villains, and Jigsaw booms, "YOOOOOU'RE OUT!"


Reaction to Team Carnage Attack
Total: 16
Effect: d8 to Tigra, d6 to DD and Spidey

Team d6
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Strength d10
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Shapeshifting d10
"Friendly Neighborhood Doppelganger" asset d8

22:13, Today: Spider-Man rolled 3,1,5,6,4 using d6,d8,d10,d10,d8.

1 Opportunity

+1 PP from auto-purchase of Opportunity

1 PP remaining

OOC: I didn't remember who was catching, so I didn't say in my post. I hope it's okay that I took control of so many NPCs and wrote so much, but I wanted to get this post made to make up for taking so long to write it.

Moon Knight
 player, 33 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 14:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage:
"Looks like your luck ran out," the villain sneers.


"That's why..." Moon Knight began with a sneer in his voice, coming down off the wall to protect his buddy. He could feel the symbiote peeling away from the brick like it wanted to stay up there. He reached into one of his belt pouches and pulled free a small cylinder. "...the lady has us."

Moving in on Carnage, Moon Knight flicked his thumb across the end of the tube. The symbiote retreated up Moon Knight's arm as a bright white flame leaped into existence. Moon Knight thrust it at Carnage's squirming red chest.

"Have a little fire, Scarecrow," Moon Knight said in a rare joking moment. It felt right, somehow.

Using 1PP* to activate Opportunity & create d10 stunt die "Magnesium Flare".

Buddy d8
Who is Marc Spector? 1d4 + 1PP**
Magnesium Flare d10
Superhuman Strength d10
Superhuman Durability d10
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 2,3,10,8,1,9 using d8,d4,d10,d10,d10,d10 ((2,3,10,8,1,9)).

Total: 19
Effect die: d10
-1 PP, +1 PP: 1 total
1 Opportunity



*= Because that last one turned out to not be my last after all.
**= Because I really want to keep one on hand.
Carnage
 NPC, 13 posts
Thu 30 Jul 2020
at 20:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Stepping up 1d6 from the doom pool from Spider-Man's opportunity. Note that MK rolled 2 opportunities due to Carnage's "Spread Some Chaos" SFX (1's and 2's both count).

Doom Pool (from post #247): 1d10,2d8,3d6


Carnage springs to the ceiling, hissing in fear and rage as he feels the heat from Moon Knight's flare. The symbiote retreats further off of his face, droplets of sweat appearing on his exposed brow as he crawls away. His next act takes an effort of will only a true madman would be capable of...

Buckle up, here we go...

Buddy d8
Insane d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Wall-Crawling d6 (Spent d6 doom to add)
Combat Expert 1d8
"Playing with Fire" Stunt d10 (From 1 of MK's 2 opportunities)
1d10 added from the doom pool

11:11, Today: Carnage rolled 2,5,1,3,8,6,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d10,1d6,1d8,1d10,1d10((2,5,1,3,8,6,6)). Carnage reacting to MK's flare by dodging to the ceiling and trying a sneaky counterattack.

Total: 20
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Carnage wins and takes no physical stress. However, he takes d10 of Emotional Stress due to his Limit:

Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire-based or sonic-based actions, Carnage takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Spent 1d6 doom to add "Wall-Crawling" to Carnage's dice pool. Spent 1d8 doom to add the stepped-up Stunt die from Moon Knight's opportunity. Spent 1d8 doom to keep a 3rd die for the total (d8 that rolled 8). Spent 1d6 to counterattack Moon Knight from his remaining opportunity (Moon Knight takes d8 of Physical Stress). Spent 1d6 to change the Emotional Stress Carnage took into Mental Stress. Paying Moon Knight 1 PP to keep the spent d10 doom die added to the roll in the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 1d10,1d6

"You first!" snarls Carnage, pouncing down the from ceiling. He reaches out to grab hold of Moon Knight's wrist and tries to turn the flame back on his attacker so that they both feel its terrible heat! Though his face screws up in pain, and his own symbiote recoils in agony, the madman erupts with laughter!

Next Action: The Watcher (Switching over to the stadium scene)

The Watcher
 GM, 147 posts
Sat 1 Aug 2020
at 21:37
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
After Spidey strikes out, the rest of the inning marks a swift and sure decline for the heroes! Next up is Venom, who snorts in disgust at Spider-Man's weak performance. "We knew you were puny, Parker, but that was pathetic!" he growls. "Stand back and watch how it's done!" He marches up to the plate, mimicking Spidey's trick with the symbiote-bat (except his is a much larger, spiked version). He spits an acidic, green loogie to the side and snarls at Bullseye to "bring it on."

Seeing what a huge, athletic bruiser Venom is, and sensing the inevitable, Jigsaw discreetly motions to his thugs in the stands. One of them reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small, handheld device similar to Spidey's sonic disruptor from earlier. The thug points the device in Venom's direction and taps a button.

As the Lethal Protector goes to swing, he is struck by an invisible cone of sound, and screams in pain! Bullseye's thrown ball sails past him and into Demogoblin's waiting glove. Venom looks around wildly for signs of an attack, but sees nothing.

"Come on, come on, we don't have all night!" crows the Purple Man. "You missed that swing fair and square, now hurry up!"

Eyes narrowed in determination, Venom swings for Bullseye's next pitch. Again, his symbiote shrieks as an invisible sound-wave slams into him from somewhere in the stands. But just as soon as the noise hits him, it vanishes, just in time for Venom to miss his swing. With a roar of frustration, he tries yet again, striking out as he gives into his anger and leaps at Bullseye in a homicidal rage!

"HEY, BREAK IT UP!" shouts the Purple Man as some of the other heroes and villains come running to stop Venom from beheading the pitcher. "OR ELSE!"

"This game is rigged! We'll have our revenge!" hisses Venom, slinking back toward the dugout. "Mark our words!"

He shoots a look at Spidey, whose satisfaction is visible even behind his mask. "YOU KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, SPIDER!"

Next in the order, it's Ghost Rider's turn to bat. Unfortunately, the Spirit of Vengeance seems to have little patience for this earthly pursuit. He loses his temper and strikes out quickly after incinerating the first few pitches. He even wraps his hellfire chain around Bullseye, ready to send his spirit to Hell until the Purple Man intervenes yet again and threatens to kill the audience!

Bullseye coughs, massaging his neck where Ghost Rider had lifted him straight into the air with one hand. Even this psycho is looking a little frazzled after that first half of the inning.

But with three outs, it's now the villains' turn to bat! The heroes take up various positions around the field, ready to give it their all and make sure the villains don't score a run!

Iron Fist steps up to the pitcher's mound, hoping no one remembers his earlier comment about not knowing baseball. Standing across from him is the villains' first batter, the savage Sabertooth!

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:38, Sat 01 Aug 2020.

Team Carnage
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 2 Aug 2020
at 21:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Iron Fist takes position on the pitcher's mound, narrowing his eyes as he stares down his old enemy Sabertooth. He nods to Luke Cage, who gets into position to play catcher. The Hero of Harlem doesn't bother putting on a mitt to protect his diamond-hard bare hand.

Sabertooth pays the bulletproof hero no mind, keeping his gaze on the pitcher. He rubs at his eyes, his vision still blurry from Tigra's blinding lights. The mutant knows he will have to rely heavily on his remaining senses to have any chance of hitting the ball. "Come on, karate-boy, gimme your best shot," the mutant growls.

"Fine, but don't say I didn't warn you," says the Fist. Without waiting another second, he winds up and lobs a fastball straight into Luke's hand! Sabertooth swings and misses!

"Strike one!" calls Jigsaw, shaking his head. "Come on, Creed, that was pathetic."

"Shut up!" snarls the mutant. "Or this bat is gonna pretty up that ugly face of yours!" The umpire rolls his eyes, rapidly losing what little patience he has left after Spidey's performance.

Sabertooth turns back to the pitcher, a cunning look in his eye as he ponders how best to get in his enemy's head. "Don't got any other tricks up those green sleeves of yours, do you, Fisty?" taunts the mutant. "If a fastball's the best you got, then this is gonna be easier than I thought!" He lines up to swing again, grinning as he sees a bit of sweat forming on Danny's brow. Now he's got the pitcher all figured out.

"You wanna see a trick, huh?" the Living Weapon retorts, annoyed with his foe's posturing. "How's this, furball?"

Luke nods something to Danny, who returns the look. Danny brings his next pitch behind his back, eyes closed as he seems to focus inwardly. He rears back, trying to imitate what he had seen Bullseye do earlier, with his toes extended in a seamless wind-up. Then he throws himself forward and hurls the ball-- charging it with glowing Chi energy right as it leaves his hand! A lesser villain would duck out of the glowing, flaming ball's path, thrown with enough force to knock them clean off their feet-- but Sabertooth is not a lesser villain! No, this is just what he wanted-- for even with his seared vision, he can now spot the ball easily!

The mutant laughs as his bat connects, sending the ball far into the outfield where Venom, Doppelganger, and Ghost Rider scramble to retrieve it!

"Way to go, numbnuts, you made that one easier to hit!" laughs Sabertooth as he charges towards first base. Whoever's on first needs to act fast to keep him from sliding to safety-- and in the moments to come, the other defending heroes follow suit as, one by one, Team Carnage's other batters steps up to the plate!

Team 9d6
Old Grudges d8 (Messing with the heroes' minds)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8

SFX: Double Play. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.

13:46, Today: Team Carnage rolled 6,4,5,3,4,3,2,5,6,8,7,3 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d10,1d8 ((6,4,5,3,4,3,2,5,6,8,7,3)). Team Carnage going up to bat, and trying to score a run on the heroes.

13:47, Today: Team Carnage rolled 3,1 using 1d6,1d6 ((3,1)). Adding the Area Attack dice to Team Carnage's previous roll.

Total: 15
Effect: d8 to Daredevil, d6 to Spider-Man and Tigra (Physical Stress)
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to any hero)
Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d6

Reactions Needed: Daredevil, Spider-Man, Tigra

(Just like on the last round, please post your action/reaction together in the same post. The reaction is for stopping the villain reaching the base, and the action can be for inflicting stress on them. I encourage you guys to sneak in attacks on the villains that the Purple Man is unlikely to notice. Heroes can also use Team Carnage's "Blinding Lights" d6 complication in their action/reaction pool if they wish.)

This message was last edited by the player at 05:33, Mon 03 Aug 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 43 posts
 PPs: 1 (from msg #236)
 XPs: 9
Mon 3 Aug 2020
at 10:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Reaction to Team Carnage attack/play, Total: 15, Effect: d8:
Team    d6
Blind Justice    d8
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Combat Expert    d8
Friendly Neighborhood Venom Asset    d12
Blinding Lights Complication    d6

Daredevil rolled 3,1,4,4,9,6 using d6,d8,d10,d8,d12,d6 ((3,1,4,4,9,6)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 19; Effect: d8
1 Opportunity

PPs: 1 (starting; from msg #236) +1 (negative Distinction) -1 (adding die to Total) = 1


Venom is as clumsy as he is unpredictable. Also possible that he has never seen a baseball game before. Though he recovers the popped ball only after it bounces directly in front of him, a "Venom! Get me the ball!" from Daredevil is enough for the symbiote to shuttle the ball to DD on first base. Unpredictably, it's a good throw and gets there before Sabretooth. Now with the ball in hand, the Man without Fear need only act on instinct as the vicious mutant speeds toward him (and possibly blinded by the gigantic lights behind him). Daredevil holds the ball in front of himself at chest level, steeling his body as the villain collides with the hero's fist reinforced with the ball inside of it. It is a technique not unlike one taught by Stick, bracing a force to penetrate an approaching element, using the opposition's own momentum against it to pierce deeply. At the very least it is enough to keep the villain from the base and, as the attack was so effectively delivered, to knock out the mutant, if only for a moment.


Usually on television, a first-baseman takes out the running batter -- or not -- then the camera cuts away to the next thing. What happens to the ball? The first-baseman has to throw it somewhere. And though Daredevil has never watched a televised game, he also has rarely had the opportunity to spend time at the ballpark, but he knows the basics of the game. If asked later, he could say that he was just delivering the ball to the most official authority on the field: the umpire. And so Daredevil makes the throw, ideally an injurious one, to again attempt to take out the rules along with the rule-keeper. Unfortunately, he didn't count on the distraction of hundreds of mind-controlled fans seated behind home base waving flags emblazoned with Carnage's image and calling out to the heroes, bearing down on Daredevil's sensitive hearing. (Though he also knows that the lights are behind him, and getting someone to look toward himself means possibly blinding them enough for it to make even a minor difference.) But time is of the essence so Daredevil hesitates no longer. "Hey, ump!" he calls as he lobs the ball directly at Jigsaw's neck.

Physical attack on Team Carnage:
Team    d6
Overpriced Carnage Memorabilia    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Combat Expert    2d6
Blinding Lights Complication    d6

Daredevil rolled 2,2,3,2,6,6 using d6,d4,d10,d6,d6,d6 ((2,2,3,2,6,6)).

Total: 12; Effect: d10


PPs: 1 (starting; from above) +1 (negative Distinction) = 2

The Watcher
 GM, 149 posts
Tue 4 Aug 2020
at 19:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 252):

Adding 1d6 to the doom pool from Daredevil's opportunity. DD's counterattack results in 1d6 being knocked out from the Team Carnage mob.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 2d6

Still shaking off his blindness, and distracted by the satisfaction of having one-upped Iron Fist, Sabertooth does not see the fist poised to strike him until it's too late. He hits the ground hard, landing in a dazed confusion.

Jigsaw watches in stunned silence as Daredevil lowers his fist, having casually punched out the biggest, strongest member of the opposing team. The umpire's jaw drops in amazement.

"Come on, Creed, what was that? Get it together, I got a lot of cash riding on this game!" The extreme conflict of interest of an umpire placing bets on a game he's officiating seems to escape him.

No sooner has he said the words than Daredevil whips the ball in his direction, aiming straight for his throat!

Reaction to DD's attack on the "Umpire Jigsaw" scene distinction.

1d10, 2d6 from the doom pool
1d8 "Umpire Jigsaw" distinction

07:26, Today: Jigsaw rolled 10,2,2,5 using 1d10,1d6,d6,d8.  Reaction for Jigsaw (scene distinction) to DD's attack with the ball.

Total: 15
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0

Jigsaw wins, but something else happens!

The villain ducks at the last possible second and the ball sails past him.

"That's it!" he cries. "I'm done! I didn't come here to get my head taken off by these freaks!"

He marches up into the stands, motioning to his gang of thugs.

"Come on, boys. Take off those stupid masks and let's go! Carnage ain't even gonna show up for this stupid game, why should we?"

His crew, each wearing a lopsided Team Carnage mask they can barely see out of, looks at him in confusion. Finally, one of them speaks up.

" But boss, I thought the plan was to--"

"BUT NOTHIN'!!" cries Jigsaw He draws a handgun from his coat and shoots the henchman square in the mask. The body drops back lifelessly in its seat as the rest of the thugs scramble to their feet.

"That Carnage moron don't 'plan' anything!" Jigsaw shouts. "This whole damn game is nothin' but chaos! I'm done makin' a fool outta myself! NOW TAKE THOSE STUPID MASKS OFF!"

His thugs obey and scramble obediently after him as he storms out of the stadium. After a moment, the Purple Man clears his throat.

"My, what a poor sport he is. Er, Shocker, ol' pal? How would you like a promotion? Feel like playing umpire?"

Reluctantly, the yellow-armored villain hangs up his tray, stacked high with the bags of peanuts he's been selling, and steps onto the field.

"Umpire Jigsaw" distinction changes to "Umpire Shocker."

This message was last updated by the GM at 19:54, Tue 04 Aug 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 14 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 03:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage gives a shout of frustration as he and Moon Knight struggle over the flare. As the two trade blows, the weapon gets thrown violently across the room, where the flames begin to lick at a nearby crate of weapons...

"Gotta say, I like your style, Marc! That symbiote looks good on you!" grins Kasady. "And to think I been wastin' these things on my low-level punks. I know you feel the power! Imagine what we could do with a whole army of these things!"

He looks at Domino, who lies motionless nearby. "Shame that Lady Luck over there refused my offer. What about you, Marc? You don't owe this city nothin'! Ready to join us on the winning team?"

Moon Knight can hear the implied threat in the killer's voice. For if there are winners in this deadly game, so too must there be losers. Marc's symbiote bristles as Carnage mingles with it, attempting to probe the new host's mind for some sign of weakness...

Buddy d8
Sneaky d8
Telepathy d8
Menace Master 3d6

20:38, Today: Carnage rolled 1,5,2,6,3,3 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6,1d6 ((1,5,2,6,3,3)). Carnage trying to turn Moon Knight to the dark side.

Total: 14
Effect: d8 (Mental Stress)
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Moon Knight)
Doom Pool: 1d10,2d6 - 1d6 = 1d10,1d6

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight
Next Action: Shriek

Moon Knight
 player, 34 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 14:36
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The creep was a telepath, too? How many powers did that tentacled bastard have? Moon Knight could feel him sneaking in along the edges of his mind, looking for pathways to get deeper, analogous to his usual, physical tentacles. It was as unpleasant as it was disgusting.

But he'd bitten off more than he could chew when he decided to invade the mind of a split personality like Moon Knight's.

Who is Marc Spector? It was a complicated question with an even more complicated answer. He was more than just a mercenary in a weird white suit and a cape. He was a millionaire playboy, a cab driver, an avatar of an ancient Egyptian god of vengeance, and now a host of an alien intelligence.

Carnage wanted into Marc's mind?

Find the room, you pile of squirming red snot. It's crowded in there already.

And, much to Carnage's impending chagrin, all of those disparate voices hated his guts. Grinning behind his mask, Moon Knight threw open the gates of his own personal hell and let everyone out to play.

Who is Marc Spector?

He's a bat-crap crazy badass motherf*cker.

Using 1 PP to create mental stunt die "Bat-Crap Crazy Badass Motherf*cker"

Buddy d8
Who Is Marc Spector? d8
Menace Expert d8
Bat-Crap Crazy, Badass Motherf*cker stunt die d8
Carnage's mental stress d10

Moon Knight rolled 1,1,5,2,3 using d8,d8,d8,d8,d10 ((1,1,5,2,3)).


Epic fail. It wasn't enough.

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 14:38, Thu 06 Aug 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 15 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 18:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage wins with an extraordinary success. Adding 1d8 to the doom pool for Moon Knight's 2 opportunities.

Doom Pool: 1d10, 1d8, 1d6

Moon Knight, that was going to be a d10 of Mental Stress you took. But I may have hit upon something more interesting...

"Who is Marc Spector?" Kasady repeats to himself, lingering on each syllable in his sing-song voice. "Now that is an interesting question! How about if you and I find out... together?"

With that, his telepathic "tentacles" stab deeper into Moon Knight's head as the villain plunges inside! Carnage's piercing laughter echoes in Moon Knight's mind as he makes himself right at home within its walls. Now he can see Marc's innermost thoughts and secrets laid bare in front of him, like some kind of twisted art gallery. He strolls down the proverbial "memory lane" of the vigilante's mental sanctum, examining the pictures on the wall.

Early life.

"Hmm. Son of a rabbi... Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle."

Career.

"Marine. CIA. So he's killed plenty... Good."

Accomplishments. Or regrets? Hard to tell.

Whatever it is, it's Carnage's personal favorite. He's heard about it, but seeing it in Marc's own memories is so much sweeter. In this "portrait," Marc is locked in combat with his oldest enemy. Each thrust of the vigilante's crescent-shaped blade carves away more of the Bushman's flesh, until the villain's face-- his freakin' face!-- is peeled clean off his head. Marc raises the trophy toward the night sky in a cry of victory.

"Ah, now that's art! Crazy bad-ass motherf*cker is right! Say, nice place you got here, Marc! I could get used'ta this... it feels like home!"

Hearing a commotion, Kasady turns to look down the hall as several figures approach him.

You don't belong here! Get out! We hate you! Stephen. Jake. And a third one Kasady can tell is the "new kid" of the group.

"You think a bunch of museum guides can kick me out, Marc? No, I'm in charge of this place now! And I say there's gonna be big changes around here!" He grins, turning toward the newcomers as his symbiote sprouts all manner of blades and tentacles. "For starters... YOU'RE ALL FIRED!" Wasting no time, Kasady chases down the other "inner voices" and smothers them one by one! Who is Marc Spector? Certainly none of these has-beens.

"Ah, that was fun. Now it's just you and me, Marc! Eh? What's this?"

Lost in these innermost halls, Kasady tries to remember which way leads out. Did the other voices bring him here on purpose? The walls of Moon Knight's mind have gotten... Cleaner. Smoother. As though this is where Marc keeps his most prized exhibit. Then, Kasady sees it: the most sacred and guarded thing in Marc's head. It is a spotless, gilded vault bathed in an eerie white glow. Beyond the threshold, a pair of silver, all-seeing eyes observe Kasady as he steps closer. Carnage squints at that face, strange and familiar all at once, but it remains elusive and ever-changing. Until suddenly, Kasady realizes what it is.

"You! But you can't be... this isn't... I don't even believe in--!"

A thunderous voice cries out as a light explodes from the eyes, bathing Kasady in their glow. He snaps back to reality, staggering backward as he releases his grip on Moon Knight. For a moment, there is complete silence as the combatants recover from the shock of their separation. Then, finally, Kasady speaks.

"Now that... was interesting."

Moon Knight takes a d10 "Called by Kasady" complication.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:19, Fri 07 Aug 2020.

Shriek
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 22:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Correction to last post: due to Carnage's "Spread Some Chaos" SFX, Moon Knight had an additional opportunity from the "2" he rolled. Adding 1 more d6 to the doom pool.

Seeing the effect Carnage's mental assault has had on the stunned Moon Knight, Shriek laughs and turns to where Frenchie lies injured on the floor. "That's right, baby! You get in his head... while I take care of the sidekick!"

Frenchie is crawling away from the villainess, reaching for something-- but what? Then Moon Knight realizes. Of course. It's his legs-- prosthetics he received after the war-- without which he cannot walk. That bastard Bushman must have been playing keep-away with them before Carnage decided to take over the Frenchman's body. Frenchie had only been able to walk because the symbiote had acted as his legs. Now that it was gone, he was missing them again.

And now Shriek was turning her powers on Moon Knight's loyal partner. But this was no hypersonic blast to blow him away-- no, this was something much worse.

SFX: Noise Pollution. When adding an effect die to the doom pool instead of causing stress to an opponent, step up the effect die by +1. If stepping beyond d12, add d10 and 1d6.

A high, piercing hum fills the room and Shriek's left eye glows white as she activates her hypersonic powers! Frenchie begins to spasm, his cry of pain slowly becoming a howl of rage. Moon Knight can sense that the same is supposed to be happening to him too, but his symbiote seems to be protecting him for now. What about Frenchie though? Try as he might to resist, Marc's loyal partner seems to be giving in to pure agitation! His eyes are full of hate as he turns on his partner in a rage.

"Your... fault!" he growls, clawing his way toward Moon Knight. "They're here... inside our heads... because of you!"

Emotion Manipulation d8 + Noise Pollution SFX = 1d10 added to the doom pool from Shriek's grandstanding.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 1d8, 2d6

Next Action: Tigra or Spider-Man

Tigra
 player, 23 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 00:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tigra sees Morbius step up to the plate, bat in hand. She couldn't remember the last time she played ball, but she loved being in the outfield. Her cat-self really loved to chase tennis balls, baseballs, bouncy balls...
Come on, focus..

Tigra cupped her hands to her face, and shouted to the Undead Vampire, "Spoiler alert for next chapter! Alex chose Jordan over Kelly!"

"Aw, what the heck? Why would you do that?" Morbius seemed a little upset over next week's book club chapter already being spoiled. He rubbed his bruised head where the baseball had hit him previously before getting into position.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you chose these bad guys over me and Wong? We were supposed to help you with finding a cure for you, but nooooo. This is fair and square. I got my eye on you, and I am gonna take you OUT." Tigra hoped her ball catching skills were still sharp. After all, she hadn't exactly shown this part of herself for a while, and people love to make comments.

"You were taking forever to figure it all out! Something about saving the world, helping people and all of that. I can't wait forever. This is just another regular weeknight for me. Don't take it personally," Morbius casually replied as the ball pitched and he swung.

Tigra locked her eyes on the flying ball. It's fun to be a cat again.

Reaction to Team Carnage
Team d10
Adventurous Sorceress d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Acrobatics Master 2d8
Blindling lights complication d6

16:48, Today: Tigra rolled 3,4,8,1,3,6 using d10,d8,d10,d8,d8,d6.  Reaction to Team Carnage batting.

Total:8 + 6 = 14 + 3 (1 pp to add third die) = 17
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1, gain 1 pp

As she saw the ball fly, Tigra's heart raced. She was waiting for the right moment. Ready for the catch, she got on all fours, wiggled a little bit, bouncing on her feet, stretching her paws and readying her claws, her tail catching her balance, and then when she was ready, pounced - her eyes focused, her soul soaring - yes! I feel so alive! - catching the ball in her mouth in mid-air before Morbius made it to first base.

Tigra dropped the ball into her hands midair, "You are out, Morbius."
She quickly transmuted the ball in the shape of a book and aimed for Morbius's face.

Physical Attack to Team Carnage
Team d10
Mystical Legend d4, gain 1 PP (getting a little too confident and distracted by being her cat self)
Enhanced Strength d8
Transmutation d8
Mystic Master 2d8
Blinding lights complication d6

17:09, Today: Tigra rolled 2,2,7,3,1,6,4 using d10,d4,d8,d8,d8,d8,d6. Physical attack on Team Carnage.

Total: 7 + 6 = 13 + 4 (1 pp to add third die) = 17
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1, gain 1 pp
PP: 2

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:32, Sat 08 Aug 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 24 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 09:24
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Scorpion steps up to the plate. An imposing figure to be sure. He wields a large metal bat, and he looks like he knows how to use it. His powerful stinger sways behind him.

From center field, Spider-Man yells, "Well, well, well. If it isn't my old nemesis! The mean, green, not-so-lean, and always obscene Scorpion!"

The Symbiote has formed a pitch-black baseball glove over Spider-Man's left hand, and he is hitting his fist into it as if to wear it in.

"Bite me, Spider-Man. I'm not fallin' for any of your lines right now. I'm aiming straight for your skull with this one."

Scorpion looks like he means it. He tightens his grip and takes a stance.

"It's nice to be thought of sometimes. Be sure to write once you're back in prison."

The newly appointed umpire, Shocker, chimes in, "I think I speak for everyone when I say we're ALL tired of listening to your jokes, Spider-Freak!"

"Go pack some peanuts, Shocky."

"Hey! Lay off a guy! At least I was making an honest living for a change!"

"Alright, kids. Can we please continue?" Iron Fist comments from the pitcher's mound impatiently.

With a sigh, the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, replies, "Yes, Mom. I'll be good."

"You better. Or no McDonald's later."

"Awwwww!"

Danny Rand is an ideal pitcher for the hero squad. Focusing his chi into his hand, he charges up his Iron Fist and throws an amazing fastball. However, the Scorpion's superhuman agility and strength are enough to land a direct hit. The ball goes flying in the air. The Wall-Crawler begins running back towards the outfield wall. It looks like it may be a home run, sailing high through the air.

"I got it! I got it!"

With incredible speed, Spider-Man leaps towards the padded wall and uses it to springboard into the air. Even still, he's barely out of reach. That is, he would be, if it were not for his Symbiote. Grasping out his "gloved" hand, his arm suddenly extends out like a rubberband to meet the flying object.

At the same time, Scorpion has been bounding his way with long, heavy strides towards first base. Seeing Spider-Man's leap from the back wall, he doesn't take the chance that his hit was strong enough.

"Heh. How about you catch this instead!"

Without breaking his pace, the mechanical tail on his suit rears back as if it's about to pitch something of its own. Scorpion is preparing to fire an acid projectile directly at Spider-Man.

But suddenly...

"GAAAH!"

Scorpion is blinding by a stadium light that had been abruptly turned in his direction. His aim is thrown off.

Spider-Man is centimeters from grabbing the ball, when his Spider-Sense alerts him of danger. He sees the acid coming, and he's barely able to react in time. Twisting his legs in a pose that would make a contortionist wince in pain, it passes by inches from where his torso had been a split second ago.

"That one singed my nose hairs!"

Continuing his fall with a few flips and twists, Spidey lands feet apart and bent low to the ground. He quickly springs up, and lightly tosses the ball in the air before catching it again in his Symbiote glove.

He looks to the stadium light and extends a big thumbs up to Doppelganger, who is perched on top of it. Doppelganger looks a bit confused, but attempts his best thumbs up back and a crooked smile.


Reaction to Team Carnage
Total: 15
Effect: d8 to Daredevil, d6 to Spider-Man and Tigra (Physical Stress)

1 PP
Team d6
Umpire Shocker d4 +1 PP (Having an enemy as an umpire in your game is NO GOOD)
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Reflexes d10
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Stretching d8
Acrobatic Master d10
"Friendly Neighborhood Doppelganger" Asset d8
"Blinding Lights" Complication d6

02:03, Today: Spider-Man rolled 1,1,1,6,9,7,3 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d10,d8,d6.

SFX: Spider-Sense. Spend 1 PP to add Enhanced Senses (or step up by +1 if already in your pool) and reroll all dice on a reaction.

SPIDER-POWERS: Enhanced Senses d8

Spider-Sense Reroll:
02:07, Today: Spider-Man rolled 6,1,9,5,7,5,6,7 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d10,d8,d6,d8.

Total: 16 (9+7)
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1

2 PP Remaining (-1 SFX, +1 d4 Distinction, +1 Opportunity)


"I think that means you're out, Scorps."

From his standing position, Spider-Man leaps into the air with a front flip. Using the momentum, he hurls the ball with all of his might back at the recovering Scorpion.

"TAG!"

Attack on Scorpion
Team d6
Wisecracker d8
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Strength d12 (step up d10)
Combat Expert d8
Acrobatic Master Power Stunt d8
"Blinding Lights" complication d6

SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Spider-Powers power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Spider-Powers power by +1 for this action.

04:17, Today: Spider-Man rolled 4,5,10,4,1,4 using d6,d8,d12,d8,d8,d6.

Total: 19
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1

1 PP Remaining (-1 PP to use Power Stunt, -1 PP to keep additional die, +1 PP for Opportunity)

1 XP when you declare a villain as an old foe.

Total Opportunities: 2

This message was last edited by the player at 06:12, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Purple Man
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 19:35
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Purple Man goes last in this turn order.

Stepping up 4 dice in the doom pool from Tigra and Spider-Man's 4 opportunities.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 1d8, 2d6 + 4 opportunities = 2d12, 1d10, 1d8, 1d6


Purple Man doesn't seem to be paying any mind to the events down on the field. Up in the press box, he's been texting for the last several minutes, and now he gives a frustrated sigh and lifts his cell phone to his ear.

"Frances, where are you and Kasady? You were supposed to be here an hour ago!" He drums his fingers impatiently on the table in front of him. Down on the field, Tigra nails Morbius in the face with a book.

11:56, Today: Team Carnage rolled 6,4,6,4,4,6,4,5,4,5,2,1 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d8 ((6,4,6,4,4,6,4,5,4,5,2,1)). Morbius trying not to get hit in the face by Tigra's baseball-book.

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Tigra)

Tigra wins and knocks out 1d6 from the mob with her extraordinary success.

"What do you mean you don't have it yet? How hard could it be to steal a giant... Wait, what is that noise? Are you fighting someone? Who's Moon Knight?"

He rips the phone away, wincing in sudden pain.

"AGH! That sonic shriek was right in my ear!"
Down in the stands, the fans are beginning to look confused. The silence is broken by a dull thwack as Spider-Man hits Scorpion in the head with the ball. Shocker looks on in boredom.

12:05, Today: Team Carnage rolled 5,5,4,1,4,6,2,3,1,3,6,3 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8,1d6,1d8 ((5,5,4,1,4,6,2,3,1,3,6,3)). Scorpion reacting to Spider-Man trying to hit him with the ball.

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Spider-Man wins and knocks out 1d6 from the mob with his extraordinary success.

Team Carnage Mob stands at 6d6.


"You two get your asses over here right now or I'm gone. I've got better things to do than babysit all of New York tonight. Yes, I do talk to you that way!" Killgrave's pacing, running his fingers through his greasy hair in irritation.

"You better be glad my pheromones don't work through the phone. Because if they did, you would be so... Oh, don't you hang up on me! Don't you-" The mic on Killgrave's desk picks up the recognizable click of a disconnected call.

"AHEM." Killgrave turns his attention back to the stadium, trying to gather himself and appear in control. He grabs the mic and puts on what he hopes is a convincing smile.

"Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready for the second inning?"

More quietly, he mutters, "I ought to just kill 'em all now and be done with it..."

Adding 1d8 to the doom pool from Purple Man's grandstanding using the Menace Expert specialty.

Doom Pool: 2d12, 1d10, 2d8, 1d6

Next Action: Daredevil (Beginning of a new turn order)

Daredevil
 player, 44 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Mon 10 Aug 2020
at 09:33
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil tolerated the distraction of dividing his focus to track the press box and maybe now it's paying off. The lights go off in there just as he senses that the Purple Man isn't as alone as he thinks he is. But there's only a moment to capitalize on the disruption, but maybe something can be built on it.

"Venom!" He yells at the dug-out where the symbiote is inevitably creeping everyone out. "Hit the lights!"

Luckily Venom isn't lunk-headed quite enough to miss the means to attack the lights, spilling the nearby bin of baseballs then grabbing them with scads of tentacles to pitch them into the lights overhead, looking like he's wildly flinging them around and missing all opponents, until he starts knocking out a few.

If the heroes can't take the Purple Man head-on then they would need to out-think him at a crucial moment. For the time being, when the stadium lights revealing everything like it's right under a spotlight, Daredevil, without sight, is the one at a disadvantage. But if Venom can disable even a few of the lights, it could be enough to distract the Purple Man, then, if that press box stays dark, put the enemy at a loss in the place where Daredevil has a sizable edge: in the darkness.

To create Purple Man Distracted Complication:
Team    d6
Blind Justice    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d10
Psych Expert    2d6
Friendly Neighborhood Venom Asset    d12

Daredevil rolled 5,3,7,3,6,9 using d6,d4,d10,d6,d6,d12 ((5,3,7,3,6,9)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 20; Effect: d10

PPs: 2 (starting; from msg #252) +1 (negative Distinction) -1 (for third die to Total) = 2

Next Action: Purple Man

Purple Man
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 11 Aug 2020
at 01:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Doom Pool: 2d8, 2d10, d12
(I goofed on something last turn, thanks DD for catching it.)

Venom grabs fistfuls of baseballs and hurls them at the nearby lights, smashing the bulbs and rapidly plunging the stadium into the darkness of night. With his mic cut and no way to visually broadcast his commands to the people in the stadium, the Purple Man begins to panic! Has Daredevil's ploy distracted him enough for the Black Cat to get the drop on him?

Reaction to DD attempting to place Purple Man Distracted complication on Purple Man.

Team d4
Hard to Miss d4 (DD can track him in the dark)
Superhuman Stamina d10
Covert Expert 2d6

18:40, Today: Purple Man rolled 2,3,5,2,6 using 1d4,1d4,1d10,1d6,1d6 ((2,3,5,2,6)). Purple Man's reaction to DD trying to make a Distracted complication on him.

Total: 11
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0

DD wins with an extraordinary success. Purple Man takes a d12 Purple Man Distracted complication.

"Nobody move!" shouts the villain, hoping the audience can still hear him. "Everybody stay calm!"

Killgrave knows that with each passing moment, he risks losing his grip on the audience! Maintaining control becomes his top concern, and his attention falters for a crucial instant as the Black Cat sneaks up from behind and places him in a rear naked choke!

Doom Pool: 1d8, 3d10, d12

Next Action: Tigra

This message was last updated by the player at 01:55, Tue 11 Aug 2020.

Tigra
 player, 24 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 02:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Purple Man (msg # 262):

With the lights out, Tigra cast a spell to transport all the civilians out of the stadium and begin teleporting them to the Sanctum Sanctorum with Wong.

Attacking the Captive Audience Scene Complication d12

Team d10
Mystical Legend d8
Superhuman senses d10
Mystic Master 2d8

19:46, Today: Tigra rolled 4,7,9,7,1 using d10,d8,d10,d8,d8 ((4,7,9,7,1)).

Total: 16 + 7 (1 pp spent to add die) = 23
Effect d10
Opportunities: 1
PP: 2


A tea-drinking Wong spilled hot tea all over himself when Tigra opened portals all around him back at the Sanctum, with people pouring in. “Here’s some people. They’re probably under the Purple Man’s influence, sooooooo please deal with them. I’ll probably be bringing people in every now and then. Okay,bye!”

Next: Spider-Man
Daredevil
 player, 45 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 09:16
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil only knows the place is in darkness when he can't feel the heat from the lights above. He then picks up the murmurs of confusion from the spectators in the stands and the villains in the field, but more importantly, the Purple Man's panic. But with the stakes this high, could the Black Cat be trusted to take out the most dangerous villain here?
Spider-Man
 player, 25 posts
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 11:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Just when I was starting to get the hang of this game..."

Taking advantage of the sudden darkness, Spider-Man uses his Spider-Sense to help navigate to somewhere hidden. He can't see, but hopefully he won't run into anyone taking a wild swing.

The Symbiote lends a helping hand, shapeshifting around Spider-Man's body to help camouflage him. From the outfield, Spidey leaps back against the wall and sticks to it. Feeling around the walls in the blackened stadium, he intends to silently climb to where he remembers Purple Man to be stationed and ambush him before he knows what's coming.

I hope Felicia's okay. Maybe she's already reached him. Please, Cat. Be careful.

Attempt to create Hidden Spider Asset

Team d6
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d8
SPIDER-POWERS Enhanced Senses d8
SYMBIOTE SUIT Shapeshifting d8
Wallcrawling d6
Covert Expert d8

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.

1 PP

06:45, Today: Spider-Man rolled 6,4,3,1,4,4 using d6,d8,d8,d8,d6,d8.  Attempt to create Hidden Spider Asset.

1 PP Spent to keep additional die in total.

Total: 14 (6+4+4)
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1

1 PP Remaining (-1 to keep additional die, +1 for opportunity)

OOC: If Purple Man's "Nobody Move! Everybody stay calm!" affects us, then this post can be disregarded.

The Watcher
 GM, 151 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 03:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"FOUL!" calls the Shocker as the stadium plunges into darkness and the game quickly spirals out of control. He looks around desperately, realizing no one is listening to him. "I don't know what you guys think you're doing, but this is definitely NOT in the rules!" Although he lights up his gauntlets with a furious energy, no one around seems to pay him much attention as the scene rapidly devolves into chaos!

While some supervillains protest the sudden end of the game, others take little notice. Typhoid Mary shrugs her shoulders, turning to the nearby Daredevil. "Wanna get out of here?" she asks him innocently. Meanwhile, the Scarecrow gives an angry protest. "We should have just killed them all while we had the chance!" he groans. The comment gets a snort of contempt from Jack O'Lantern. "Now where would be the fun in that?" he sneers.

So absorbed are the villains in their conversation, they do not seem to bother with Tigra as she summons portals to whisk several civilians away to safety.

Stepping up the lowest die in the doom pool (1d8) from Tigra's opportunity.

Doom Pool: 4d10, 1d12

Reaction to Tigra attacking the "Captive Audience" d12 scene distinction.

4d10, 1d12 from the doom pool
"Captive Audience" d12 scene distinction

19:16, Today: Purple Man rolled 4,6,10,9,2,4 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d10,1d12,1d12 ((4,6,10,9,2,4)). Reaction to Tigra attempting to remove the "Captive Audience" scene distinction.

Total: 19
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 0

Tigra wins. Her effect die steps back due to the Watcher's higher effect die, so the "Captive Audience" scene distinction steps back to d10. Tigra gets 1 XP for having d12 doom used against her.

Tigra seizes the opportunity to start spiriting away the innocent civilians. Sparkling portals appear nearby her as she directs her palms toward the crowds of people. Though they are confused and disorderly, she is able to direct a great many of them through to safety. Still, the rest remain in a stupor, and it may take quite some time to get them all out of here. Long enough for the villains to take notice at least, and perhaps decide to get in her way... unless a certain web-head gets the drop on them first!

Stepping up 1d10 in the doom pool from Spider-Man's opportunity

Doom Pool: 3d10, 2d12

Reaction to Spidey attempting to blend into the stadium walls.

3d10, 2d12 from the Doom Pool

19:23, Today: The Watcher rolled 4,6,10,1,2 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d12,1d12 ((4,6,10,1,2)). Reaction to Spider-Man attempting to create the "Hidden Spider" d8 asset.

Total: 16
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Spider-Man)

The Doom Pool wins. Spidey fails to create the asset. Spending the effect die (1d10 doom) to put a complication on Spidey. Spidey gets 2 XP for having 2d12 doom used against him.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 2d12

Spider-Man leaps backward and blends into the wall, becoming an unnoticeable blob of ink against the dark material. Such a spot could give him an excellent advantage as the scene on the field descends into total chaos! The team of supervillains has apparently realized the heroes mean business, and they begin to move into position to attack several of Spidey's teammates. Nearby, the wall-crawler sees Tigra being approached by Carrion and Morbius!

But before he can do anything to warn his ally, Spidey hears a familiar voice in his ear, sounding vaguely alien:

"Hide... And seek?" croaks Doppelganger oddly, settling into position next to Spidey. Unfortunately, the creature is poorly suited to camouflage, and he attracts the attention of their nearby foes!

Spidey takes a d10 "Doppel See, Doppel Do" complication.

Next Action: The Watcher

Carnage
 NPC, 16 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 04:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Get lost, Napoleon," sneers Carnage, tossing Frenchie away with a shove of his foot. "The tall folks are talking." He doesn't take his eyes off of Moon Knight as he stands his ground.

"That's a real interesting brain you got there, Marc-y boy!" cackles Kasady. He doesn't seem any worse for wear despite having taken a deep dive into the vigilante's troubled mind. If anything, he seems to be reinvigorated. Energized. Focused. As though he's just taken a refreshing dip into a nice, sparkling pool of water.

"It's real cute you thought you could beat me at my own game," he chuckles, as he and Moon Knight begin circling each other. "But after that little trip inside your head, I've got you all figured out. Can you say the same about me, Marc? I mean, what do you really know about me?" He's scanning Moon Knight, searching for any sign of an opening.

"Tell you what," he says finally. "With this nifty power of mine, I got to take a ride on that crazy train inside your head. Now why don't I return the favor?" he laughs. "It's the least I could do!"

Once more, his tentacles reach out to latch onto Moon Knight's face. Only this time, it is Marc Spector who will be pulled into the macabre mind of Cletus Kasady!

SFX: Fueled by Insanity. Move Carnage’s mental stress die to the doom pool, then remove the smallest die from the doom pool.

Doom Pool: 2d10, 2d12 (No change since Carnage had d10 Mental Stress and the lowest doom die was a d10)

Attempting to step up the "Called by Kasady" d10 complication on Moon Knight.

Buddy d8
Insane d8
Telepathy d8
Menace Master 2d8
Moon Knight's d10 "Called by Kasady" complication
1d10 from the doom pool

20:44, Today: Carnage rolled 4,3,3,6,4,2,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10,1d10 ((4,3,3,6,4,2,6)). Carnage attempting to pull Moon Knight into his own mind using the symbiote's telepathy.

Total: 16
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Spent 1d10 doom to add it to the dice pool. Spent 1d10 to add a 3rd die to the total (d8 that rolled 4).

Doom Pool: 2d12

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight

Next Action: Shriek

Moon Knight
 player, 35 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 17:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With his buddy seemingly incapacitated, Moon Knight needed to win this fight and do it quickly. Savagely. He was the Fist of Khonshu, damn it! He couldn't let himself be bested by a psychopathic mass of squirming red goo!

Ignoring the mental assault for the moment, Moon Knight instead tried to break free of Carnage's grip. That might break the mental hold, or at least disrupt it to some degree. He started to pull with every ounce of his superhuman strength, but to no avail. Carnage's physical grip was as tight as his mental grip, and he had experience on his side. Moon Knight had had a symbiote for all of three minutes, and wasn't going to win a head-to-head battle without falling back on his own areas of expertise.

So, relying on his superhuman durability to protect him, he fell back on his combat mastery and his own personal brand of crazy. Reversing course, he turned his pulling away into an epic head-butt, smashing his forehead into Cletus Kasady's grinning face!

Moon Knight rolled 6,7,2,9,5 using d8,d8,d10,d10,d10 ((6,7,2,9,5)).

Total: 16
Effect die: d10
PP: zero, darn it.
Opportunities: 1

How do you resolve a tie?

Carnage
 NPC, 17 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 18:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 268):

Heroes win ties. Moon Knight wins the reaction roll and avoids his complication stepping up.

Carnage's symbiote-mask shoots up to protect his face just in time as Moon Knight headbutts the villain. Still, the impact hurts, and he staggers back for a moment. He catches himself against a nearby box of weapons, not noticing the discarded flare sitting close by. It continues to burn away at the wooden crate, unnoticed by the combatants for now!

"Aw, Marc, I'm hurt!" says Kasady, rubbing his face tenderly. "What's the matter, don't want to come to my show?" He readies his tentacles again. "But I saved you the best seat!" As he moves to attack again, the crate behind him suddenly explodes, bathing the room in fiery debris! Carnage leaps away from the blaze, but knowing Moon Knight now shares his weakness, he shows no signs of fleeing. Instead, he laughs as Moon Knight's base begins to go up in flames!

"Shriek, darling," calls Carnage in that sickening tone used by a love-struck villain. "Poor Marc isn't feeling well. Let's give him his medicine!"

Nodding her head, the sonic villainess readies her powers yet again!

Using Moon Knight's opportunity to recover Shriek's shut-down Sonic Blast d8 die.

Next Action: Shriek

Shriek
 NPC, 6 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 21:22
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"He's a fighter, this one!" laughs Shriek as she turns her hypersonic power against Moon Knight next. "Here baby, let me soften him up for you!"

A piercing hum fills the room once more as the villainess tries to manipulate Moon Knight's feelings, hoping to fill his soul with dread!

Shriek uses her Emotion Manipulation to try and instill fear in MK so he falls easier to Carnage. (Inflicting Emotional Stress)

Buddy d8
Fractured Psyche d8 (Gives her a better understanding of MK's fears)
Emotion Manipulation d8
Menace Expert d8
MK's Physical Stress d8 (Making it hard for him to get away)
MK's "Called by Kasady" d10 complication

14:19, Today: Shriek rolled 5,3,6,5,7,6 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10 ((5,3,6,5,7,6)). Shriek trying to instill terror into Moon Knight's soul.

Total: 13
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight

Next Action: Moon Knight

This message was last edited by the player at 21:31, Sat 15 Aug 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 36 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 22:24
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Instantly, Moon Knight could feel Shriek's power clawing at his mind. She wanted to make him afraid, and with the room filling with fire, it wasn't that difficult. Moon Knight didn't fear fire... but his symbiote did! As soon as Shriek began her attack, he had to fight down the urge to flee altogether.

But this was different than Carnage's psychic attack. Carnage's attack didn't have a physical component to them, and thus Moon Knight couldn't block or dodge it. Shriek's powers were sound-based. In order not to blast Carnage with the same power as Moon Knight, it meant the power was aimed, and therefore could be avoided. He didn't even need to move faster than sound to do it. He just needed to move faster than Shriek!

He was flying solo now, as Domino seemed out for the count. But the Fist of Khonshu excelled when he didn't have anyone else slowing him down. With his superhuman reflexes and web-slinging abilities, he could move unpredictably from floor to ceiling to wall to punch-in-Shriek's-face, like a true combat master.

Solo d10
Fist of Khonshu d8
Superhuman reflexes d10
Web-slinging d8
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 9,4,9,7,8 using d10,d8,d10,d8,d10 ((9,4,9,7,8)).

Total: 18
Effect die: d10

Shriek
 NPC, 7 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 22:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Shriek grits her teeth in frustration as Moon Knight darts between surfaces to avoid her sound-waves, propelled along by the awesome power of his new symbiote. Eventually, she runs out of juice and has no choice but to cut off her attack! She barely sidesteps Moon Knight's punch, pivoting away to stand beside Carnage once more. What's more, she seems to be growing nervous as the flames engulf more and more of the crates lining the walls, sending the whole room up into a blazing inferno!

"Carny, this is getting out of control! Do something!" she urges her partner.

The villains bunch closer together, ready to react to Moon Knight's next move!

Next Action: Moon Knight
Moon Knight
 player, 37 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 23:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Yes, Carny. By all means — do something." Moon Knight's voice was gravel on ice as he taunted the villain. As he advanced on the pair of symbiotic psychopaths his hands morphed into enormous blades. "I suggest bleeding to death."

He didn't so much lunge at Carnage as he simply extended himself in that direction. Shapeshifting was a new experience, but he was nothing if not adaptable.

(See what I did there?)


Solo d10
Fist of Khonshu d8
Superhuman Strength d10
Shapeshifting d10
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 7,8,3,10,9 using d10,d8,d10,d10,d10 ((7,8,3,10,9)).

Total: 19
Effect die: d10

Opportunities: zero
PP: still zero

Reaction needed: Carnage
Next action: Watcher

This message was last edited by the player at 23:24, Sat 15 Aug 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 18 posts
Sun 16 Aug 2020
at 00:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 273):

Moon Knight launches forward, arm-blades extended to impale Kasady like a meat kebab. The symbiotic villain pushes Shriek out of harm's way and reaches out towards the approaching blades!

Buddy d8
Murderous d8
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Combat Expert d8
Moon Knight's Physical Stress d8
Moon Knight's "Called by Kasady" d10 complication
2d12 added from the Doom Pool

16:52, Today: Carnage rolled 3,1,4,6,6,1,2,10 using 1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10,1d10,1d12,1d12 ((3,1,4,6,6,1,2,10)). Carnage trying to parry MK's symbiote-blades with his own.

Total: 16
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Moon Knight wins. Carnage takes d10 of Physical Stress. Paying Moon Knight 2 PP's to keep the added d12's in the Doom Pool.

Shriek yelps as a portion of the ceiling suddenly crumbles away, barely missing her. She peers through the flames to see a sight that shocks her to her core!

"Aw, Marc," laughs Kasady as the blades impale him. His symbiote-mask falls away as blood oozes from his mouth to splatter on the ground. "I'm startin' to think you like me!"

To the surprise of the onlookers in the room, Carnage grabs onto one of the blades with his tentacled hand, and drives it even deeper into his chest! Shriek gives a cry of alarm and tries to stop him, but he shoos her away with his free hand. "You know what they say, baby... No pain, no gain! And here I'm just giving ol' Marc a little somethin' to remember me by."

He closes his eyes briefly, concentrating, and re-opens them an instant later. "There. Done." Despite his obvious pain and ragged, irregular breathing, he seems quite pleased.


A portion of his symbiotic glove falls away, and a small remote control slides into his hand. Kasady clicks a button and an audible rumble fills the room!

"I got what I came here for," he grins. "Now let's leave, baby... Our ride's here!"

The rumbling grows louder, and more flaming debris crashes to the floor as the entire room begins to shake! The glass lining the far window that overlooks the city begins to crack and eventually shatter as a massive object drops into view from outside. Through the fire and smoke, one can see that it is a high-tech military aircraft. It's great crescent-shaped tail bobs slightly as it undulates in the night sky, sustained in the air by fiery hover-engines. Unlike the silvery armor lining the rest of the vehicle, the crescent has been painted a deep red to resemble the letter "C".

"The Mooncopter..." whispers Frenchie. "Marc... What have they done?"

Spending 2d12 doom to end the scene. Follow-up post coming shortly.
Carnage
 NPC, 19 posts
Sun 16 Aug 2020
at 07:48
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Before the startled eyes of everyone in the room, Carnage rips Moon Knight's blades out of his chest and staggers to his feet. Then he grabs Shriek by the hand and the pair of villains take a running leap straight out the window! Kasady's symbiote latches onto the chopper as its cockpit opens so he and Shriek can clamber inside. The nose of the aircraft bears down on the open window as it sinks slightly from the added weight of its new occupants.

"Now, my darling Shriek," Kasady grins, "We've got a game to get to!"

"Wait, Cletus," Shriek stops him. "Let's bring Domino! Maybe some of her good luck will rub off on us at the game!"

"Aw hell, why not?" Carnage shrugs, stretching out his symbiote to pull the unconscious mercenary into the vehicle. "The more the merrier!"

Once she's inside, the villain flicks open a compartment on the control panel and eagerly mashes a big red button. Instantly, a pod on one side of the Mooncopter launches a small missile straight into the floor below! There is the sound of an explosion as the ground shakes and buckles under Moon Knight's feet. Then the building groans and gives a mighty shudder as it starts to collapse! The overhead gangways above Moon Knight fall to the ground, nearly crushing him if not for his enhanced reflexes!

"The Bushman wasn't kidding!" laughs Carnage. "This thing is amazing! And to think all it needed was a fresh coat of paint!"

Fiddling with the controls, Carnage closes the cockpit. He turns the aircraft around and flies off, leaving Moon Knight and Frenchie to their fiery doom!

"See ya 'round, Marc! HAHAHAHA!"

More follow-up coming.
The Watcher
 GM, 153 posts
Sun 16 Aug 2020
at 19:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Transition Scene begins. Please hold any combat actions until the next round.

Doom Pool resets to 2d6. Recovery actions are available by rolling against the Doom Pool + the stress die. Resource dice (Useful equipment, personal contacts, etc.) can be created by spending 1 PP and linking to a Specialty (d6 Resource for Expert, d8 Resource for Master). Assets can be created by rolling against the Doom Pool, and become persistent if a PP is spent.

After this Transition Scene, Act III will begin and PP's will reset to 1.


Down in Yankee Stadium, things seem to be looking up for the heroes. The Purple Man has not been heard from since Black Cat snuck into the press box, thanks to the distraction created by Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Tigra. As the audience recovers from the mind-control, the Sorceress Supreme has set to work getting these innocent people to safety. An attempted sneak attack on her by Carrion is thwarted by Morbius of all beings, who seems to have regained control over his blood-thirst once more and re-allied himself with the heroes! The remaining supervillains seem split on whether they should fight or flee-- and with no more reason to hold back, the Ghost Rider gives them plenty of reason to choose the latter!

All stress and complications step back once. Spider-Man's d10 Emotional Trauma goes away (Spotlight route). Team Carnage and the Venom/Doppel/Heroes for Hire assets go away.




***

Not far away, Carnage and Shriek take their new "Carnage-Copter" for a joyride, raining destruction down upon New York! Intermittently, Carnage opens the cockpit to allow Shriek's hypersonic powers to ring out across the city. Hearing her call, the civilians down in the streets once more form into huge, angry mobs. They follow the helicopter toward Yankee Stadium, spurred on by a sudden thirst for violence. Disarmed and restrained in the rear of the aircraft, Domino slowly regains consciousness...

All stress steps back once. Domino's d6 Physical Trauma goes away. Domino's Guns d8 remains shut down. "Symbiote-Seeking Bullets" d8 resource and "Deadpool's Teleporter" d8 go away.


***

Back in Hell's Kitchen, Moon Knight's headquarters crumbles and collapses, blown to smithereens by Carnage's assault using the stolen Mooncopter! It is all Marc Spector can do to gather up Frenchie in his arms and leap out the mid-story window as the building explodes! His symbiote-suit may well have saved their lives, as he gets a crash-course in web-slinging to safely make it to the ground below. Far off in the distant night sky, he can see the Carnage-Copter heading toward Yankee Stadium with his partner Domino in tow. If there was ever a time for vengeance, that time is now!

All stress/complications step back once.


***

Next Action: Anyone (Please remember to choose who goes next)

For those reading, thanks for sticking with this game so far! Please check into the OOC thread if you need any help coming up with ideas for things to do in this scene.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:27, Sun 16 Aug 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 39 posts
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 14:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With Frenchie squared away for the moment, it was time to get after Carnage and Shriek. They had Domino, they had the Mooncopter, and they had a head start, but none of the at was going to stop Moon Knight from killing Carnage and making sure he stayed dead.

Web-swinging, it turned out, was actually easier than using his swingline. The swingline had to be retracted with each swing, leaving Moon Knight in freefall for a few seconds with each arc. With the webs, he just fired a new web and let the old one fall away. It was so much more convenient.

Up ahead he could still see the blood-red Mooncopter wreaking havoc across the city as it bore down on Yankee Stadium. But if that was where it was going, then that was where Moon Knight was headed too. Thoughts of blackest vengeance crawled through Moon Knight's mind as he went, and they warmed him. Even the symbiote was fixated on vengeance, making it the perfect new partner.

I'm coming for you, Carnage, Moon Knight thought to themselves. I'm coming to kill you.


Next: Anyone

The Watcher
 GM, 160 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 02:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 277):

Moon Knight and his new symbiote make quick web-slinging progress across NYC, bonded in their shared mission of destroying Carnage once and for all. They are about halfway to the stadium when suddenly there is an audible tzzt from somewhere down below. With his superhuman reflexes, Moon Knight spies what looks like a tiny, glowing needle shooting through the air toward him. In an instant, it passes through his length of symbiote-webbing, and the cable splits in two! With no time to fire off another webline, he braces himself as he falls to a rooftop far below.

Catching himself in a roll, Moon Knight absorbs most of the impact. Being more surprised than injured, it appears that could have gone a lot worse. He stands and looks around for some sign of his attacker, but is met only by empty rooftop space. Strange.

Then, there begins a soundless spectacle just a few feet in front of him. What looks like a small, black vortex opens in mid-air, from which pours thick, dark smoke. As Moon Knight watches, a dark-skinned man wearing a long cloak exits the portal. He is flanked by a young, blonde-haired woman in white. She smirks at Moon Knight as she raises a hand clutching more of the glowing needles.

"Nice shot, Tandy," nods the man in his deep voice. He then turns to the symbiote-clad Moon Knight. "Don't worry, monster, you'll be right at home in my darkforce dimension. Your master Carnage will be joining you there soon."

Without another word, he extends his arms to the sides, and his billowing cloak reaches out to engulf Moon Knight!

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:45, Thu 20 Aug 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 42 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 04:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"You idiots," Moon Knight growled as he dodged backward to avoid the swirl of semi-substantial cloth. Of course he recognized Cloak and Dagger, even if they were incapable of recognizing him. "I'm Moon Knight. I'm one of the good guys."

The word 'good' was probably capable of stretching far enough to include him, anyway.

"I am not in the mood for this, and I sure as hell don't have the time for the obligatory 'mistaken identity' fight scene. Get out of my way."
Dagger
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 06:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Tandy's expression shows her surprise, yet she maintains her grip on her light-daggers. "Guess he wouldn't be the first hero we've seen wearing one of those things tonight," she says cautiously. "What's our move, Cloak?"
Cloak
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 06:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Could be a trick," Tyrone replies. "Those symbiotes can change their shape to look like anyone." Scowling somewhat, he adds, "Even one of the 'good guys.'"

His cloak retracts, falling away from Moon Knight just as it had grown large enough to surround him.

"Tell it to us straight: what's your beef with Carnage? If I like the answer, I'll do better than get of your way. I'll take you to him."
Daredevil
 player, 46 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 09:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With everyone in the same darkness, Tigra moving the civilians away, and the reporters behind him, Daredevil could finally act freely and do what he did best: bring evil to justice. He doesn't need to lessen his focus on the press box and his immediate surroundings to get a swing-line to what was once an overhead light before he was swinging upward, headed toward the origin of the nefarious deeds up there. Whatever was happening in the room above was a jumble for his senses -- too much to get a clear bead on anything going on. He hoped that that familiar heartbeat would be an ally, but he would deal with whoever it is and whatever side they're on. More than anything, though, he silently hoped that the Black Cat had already knocked down the Purple Man, so that her valuable element of surprise could render the villain's powers of manipulation no longer a threat.
Moon Knight
 player, 43 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 13:35
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Cloak:
"Could be a trick," Tyrone replies. "Those symbiotes can change their shape to look like anyone." Scowling somewhat, he adds, "Even one of the 'good guys.'"

His cloak retracts, falling away from Moon Knight just as it had grown large enough to surround him.

"Tell it to us straight: what's your beef with Carnage? If I like the answer, I'll do better than get of your way. I'll take you to him."


"He brainwashed a friend of mine," Moon Knight snapped, "burned down my headquarters, stole my helicopter and is using it to blow up the city even as we speak, and kidnapped another friend. Is that good enough for you, or do I need to cite parking tickets, too?"

If Cloak didn't make good on his promise after that, Moon Knight was going to turn him into drapes.
Dagger
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 18:35
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 283):

"Uh, Cloak..." utters Dagger with a slight fear in her voice. "I think he means that helicopter."

She points to the sky, where just a few city blocks away, the Carnage-Copter passes into a cluster of dark clouds. Prowling toward the stadium on its virtually noiseless engines, it appears ready to take the stadium-goers by complete surprise! Its side-mounted cannons rotate as the pilot takes direct aim at the unsuspecting people within-- heroes, villains, and civilians alike!
Cloak
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 18:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Dagger (msg # 284):

Cloak mutters an oath as he spies the helicopter just as it disappears from view beyond the clouds. "Spider-Man... Daredevil... Tigra... They're all in the stadium. We've got to warn them!"

His dark robes slither forth to bring Dagger and Moon Knight into their folds. Turning to Marc, he adds, "No time for debate." Then he nods to Dagger. "Quickly, Tandy."

Nodding to him, Dagger reaches out to take Moon Knight's hand. Then, in a puff of black smoke, the trio disappear from view!
Carnage
 NPC, 20 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 20:20
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
This post takes place at the same time as the last 2 posts.

Domino stirs in the back of the Carnage-Copter, her head still pounding from her fight with Kasady. Through the thick glass separating her from the pilots, she can still hear them:

"Nothing like a little high-altitude carnage to add some spice to the slaughter," laughs Kasady as he flies the stolen Mooncopter high above the city streets. "Wouldn't you agree, Shriek?"

He flicks a few buttons on the control panel in front of him, spraying the streets below with gunfire from the ship's 20mm cannons. Stray civilians run for cover as the bullets rain down.

Steering the ship with one hand, Carnage barely misses crashing into a building as the aircraft gains altitude. Shriek reaches out to take her lover's hand as the pair begin to giggle and make eyes at each other. "Oh, Carny, I haven't had this much fun since our last conjugal visit in Ravencroft," laughs the villainess, dropping her voice to a low hush. Nevertheless, the awakened Domino still gets an earful in the backseat, much to her chagrin. Even death would be better than listening to these two lovebirds.

"Baby, if you think the view's good down here, get a load of this!" grins Carnage. The ship climbs higher and higher, and vapor obscures the windows as the occupants soar onto a bed of dark clouds. Through the fog, Yankee Stadium slowly becomes visible up ahead. Although the lights have gone out in the arena, the Mooncopter's night-vision sensors easily pick out dozens upon dozens of figures occupying the landmark.

Shriek tears up with joy as she seems to realize Carnage's intentions. "Spider-Man and all those other sitting ducks... We're going to kill them all, aren't we? Oh, Carny, you shouldn't have!"

The pair erupt with laughter as they draw ever nearer to their unsuspecting targets!
Moon Knight
 player, 46 posts
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 20:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Cloak (msg # 285):

It was weird to be taking the girl's hand, but he did it. Weirder still was the prospect of stepping through the boy. The last time he'd stepped through a guy's chest, it had taken Moon Knight twenty minutes to hose him off his boots. It was an occupational hazard, though, and a downside to wearing white.

Pushing those thoughts aside, he let the pair teleport him where he needed to go.
Domino
 player, 58 posts
 Unspent Exp: 7
 PP: 5
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 02:41
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Watcher:
Not far away, Carnage and Shriek take their new "Carnage-Copter" for a joyride, raining destruction down upon New York! Intermittently, Carnage opens the cockpit to allow Shriek's hypersonic powers to ring out across the city. Hearing her call, the civilians down in the streets once more form into huge, angry mobs. They follow the helicopter toward Yankee Stadium, spurred on by a sudden thirst for violence. Disarmed and restrained in the rear of the aircraft, Domino slowly regains consciousness...

Domino stirs in the back of the Carnage-Copter, her head still pounding from her fight with Kasady. Through the thick glass separating her from the pilots, she can still hear them

Domino felt like a freaking truck (carrying a load of trucks) had hit her.  Her head was throbbing, and her stomach was bleeding all over the place.  The burns from Demogoblin's bomb still stung all across her face and open skin.

It occured to her that a paper cut would probably leave her as a doorstop again.

As she took in her surrounds, she realised the position she was in.  The cuffs they had her in were military style; she could tell by the feel of them.   Cuffs that she'd both used, and wriggled free from in her Checkered Past ... and she could immediately tell that they'd not been put on properly.

Around her, she could see that Moon Knight keeps this part of the ship well-stocked with med-kits.
If she could get out of these cuffs (without giving herself a paper cut!) and grab one of those kits, she might just be able to get herself into a better position to stop these two freaks from achieving whatever it was they were up to.

Being a Covert Master with Superhuman Reflexes helped, even if she was running Solo at the moment.  She wondered how Moon Knight, and Deadpool, were faring right now.  The fact that they were not here didn't bode well.

Action: Get free from cuffs
d8   Solo
d8   Checkered Past
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Covert Master
spend 1PP to add a third die to Total (she really wants to be free of these restraints)

- rolled 4,1,10,5 using d8,d8,d10,d10.
Total: 19
Effect: default d4
Opportunities: 1  (add 1PP to pool)


PP total: 5

Next: Whomever posts

The Watcher
 GM, 165 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 05:29
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the mob of villains known as Team Carnage splits up amid the Purple Man's apparent demise, Venom takes in the sight of the fleeing villains through his slitted eyes.

"Criminals! Cowards! Murderous scum!" he bellows, charging after them. As they beat a hasty retreat, it is all Scarecrow can do to send a flurry of crows behind him to slow the Lethal Protector. The villain's companion Jack O'Lantern scores a lucky hit on the anti-hero with a pumpkin bomb that fells him to one knee, while Typhoid Mary moves in with her flaming sword prepared to deliver a deadly blow!

"Hey, Spider!" calls Brock with a grunt of pain. "Does the word 'ally' mean anything to you? How about a little help?!"

Though his words reach Spidey's ears, the web-slinger seems momentarily distracted. For not far away, Carrion has made his way back into his ruined truck and started the engine! The villain seems determined to make a quick getaway in the same vehicle he used to imprison the web-slinger earlier-- and with the other heroes preoccupied, there's no one to stop him!

This is still technically a Transition Scene (no dice rolls), so instead Spidey has a narrative decision to make here: hit his 3 XP HERO milestone to save Venom, or hit the 3 XP VIGILANTE milestone to abandon him and stop Carrion. He can also spend PP's to create any Resources he'd like to have in the next Action Scene.

*P.S. For those who missed it, RPoL was down over the weekend. Will try and get some more posts up over the next few days.


This message was last edited by the GM at 05:34, Tue 25 Aug 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 166 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 01:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil races up to the press box, sticking to the shadows so as to avoid being spotted through the wide glass windows facing the field. Better to swing in a wide arc around the box, then sneak his way through the rear entrance, like the Black Cat did. He knows all too well this could be the perfect site for a villain to launch an ambush from, and there's no point in announcing his arrival.

As he advances on his goal, Murdock notices a pair of the Purple Man's guards slumped on either side of the doorway, knocked unconscious by the Cat. One man has a bola tied around his hands and mouth; the other has simply been beaten unconscious. Both have deep claw marks ripped into their clothes-- and, Daredevil notices, claw marks over their eyes, as well as quite a bit of blood and bruising on their faces.

This cat sure doesn't play nice.

There's no time to think on it, though. For as Daredevil draws nearer to the door, ever silently, he hears it: the unmistakable sound of two people choking. The gasps are deathly quiet, almost inaudible but to his superhuman hearing. He can tell these people are in mortal danger, having been stuck like this for some time.

Bracing himself, he prepares to see what terror lies on the other side of this door...

Follow-up posts for MK, Domino, and Tigra coming shortly.
Dagger
 NPC, 3 posts
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 02:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In an endless black space, the odd trio of Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger float together in silence. A cold breeze ripples through the group as Cloak seems to press on through the darkness, quietly guiding them all toward some unseen destination. There is nothing to mark their progress by other than the occasional passing of what look like stray chunks of floating obsidian, caught in the glow emitted from Tandy's form. In the silence of the void, the heroine turns to Moon Knight. It appears she can no longer handle the silence.

"So... We both like the same color," she says with a half-grin.
Moon Knight
 player, 48 posts
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 14:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I guess we do," Moon Knight replied, his own grin hidden behind the full face mask, featureless but for the eyes. "Do you wear it for that look of terror when they see you coming?"
Spider-Man
 player, 27 posts
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 16:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Carrion's vehicle door slams and the truck's engine rumbles to life, Spider-Man's is preparing to leap towards it and stop the villain's escape. Venom's pleas for help reaches his ears just before his feet leaves their sticking place. Looking between Venom and Carrion a few times, Spider-Man grumbles in frustration.

Spidey sighs.

"What else can I do? Even if he is a bad buy...and biting off more than he can chew...and he's a bit of an ass...GRRRRR! Venom, you ass! You owe me for this!"

Spider-Man THWIPPS out a webline and swings towards the brawl between Venom and the villains, but not before tossing out a Spider-Tracer onto the bumper of Carrion's truck.

This will help me track him later. I just hope that he doesn't do more harm before I can reach him!

Spider-Tracer Resource d6 (Tech Expert d8)
1 PP

The Watcher
 GM, 167 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 05:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for Domino's opportunity in Msg #288.

Doom Pool: 3d6

The Doom Pool reacts to Domino's attempt to get free of her restraints:

3d6
Metal Restraints d8
Domino's Physical Stress d6

21:17, Today: The Watcher rolled 1,4,3,2,2 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,d6.  Domino attempting to get free of the metal restraints.

Total: 9
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)

Domino wins with 2 extraordinary successes. "Metal Restraints" d8 scene distinction is eliminated. Spent 1d6 doom to add a 3rd die to the total.

Doom Pool: 2d6

Gritting her teeth, Domino decides she has had enough of this. No more listening to this drivel the villains are spewing. No more being a captive. And pretty soon, no more Carnage.

Coming back to her senses fully, she feels out every nook and cranny of the restraints. Though the cuffs on her wrists are metal, the rest of the contraption is more like a straitjacket. She thinks back to her old days training with Cable. There was a certain trick he'd taught her to get free of these kinds of restraints. It wasn't pretty, and it hurt like hell, but it just might get her free.

Steeling herself, Domino wriggles an arm away from her body as far as it will go, then jerks it back against her ribs. Then again, harder this time-- and again. The third time is the charm, and she hears an awful snap as her shoulder dislocates. The pain is excruciating, but it's nothing she hasn't felt-- and pushed through-- before. She doesn't dare make a sound that would alert Carnage to her little trick.

There. That should do it.

Slowly, wincing from the pain, she manages to draw an arm up and out of the restraints. Once one limb is loose, the rest is child's play. In minutes, she rips the last of the device away and breathes her first sigh of relief in what seems like an eternity. One glance through the thick plexiglass separating her from the pilots confirms they haven't got a clue she's wriggled loose.

Sweet freedom.

Clearing away some of the loose luggage nearby, Domino spies her staff as well as a med-kit she can use to patch herself up. A second metal crate-- this one locked-- bears a logo she recognizes: explosive ordnance. Moon Knight did say that she could help herself, didn't he? She spies a metal pin on the floor that came loose as she was working her way out of the restraints. It looks as if it would make an excellent lockpick.

"Loose Luggage" scene distinction goes away. New scene distinctions are "Locked Artillery Case" and "Plexiglass Divider."

Next post will set up Tigra's available actions in this Transition Scene.

Domino
 player, 60 posts
 Unspent Exp: 7
 PP: 5
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 09:32
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moving carefully in the rear of the death-copter, Domino didn't want to be noticed awake and in action.

Nearby, her staff lay ... tossed carelessly aside.  Thankfully, it seemed, Carnage didn't seem to think that Domino would be coming back to consciousness any time soon.  That was possibly why he'd not bothered to cuff her properly, also.

She opened a hand towards it, like some Jedi Knight ... and, by some stroke of luck, the chopper just then tilted in a way that caused the staff to roll straight into her outstretched fingers.  With a sigh, Domino deftly sheathed the extendable staff into her belt.

Then, reaching out to a nearby compartment, she pulled free one of Moon Knight's medkits.  And using it (and 1PP), she quickly went about healing her Physical Stress.
Do I need to make a roll for that?

As she did so, she began to consider what the immediate future held for her ... and willed circumstance and luck to start falling into place for herSpending 1PP to trigger a 'Story Effect' in her favour.
She wasn't sure, right now, how that was going to play out; but she was beginning to feel that maybe she could turn things around for herself now that she was regaining her wits.
The Watcher
 GM, 169 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 22:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Carrion clambers into his eighteen-wheeler and drives off, the villain takes no heed of the many civilians in his path! Tigra's companion Iron Fist just manages to get a little boy out of the truck's path in time before the villain would have ran him right over. As he shoves the boy to safety, the truck clips the hero on his side. He falls to the ground with a cry of pain.

"OH, HELL NO!" shouts Luke Cage. As the truck passes by, he lashes out with a fist that connects with earth-shattering force. The blow rings out across the stadium, his mighty punch knocking the truck clear to one side. It wobbles for an instant, one row of wheels spinning in mid-air, before it barely rights itself and continues on. As it passes by Tigra, there is a loud crash as something in the open trailer shatters to pieces.

As she escorts several nearby civilians through her magical portals, Tigra turns to look for the source of the noise. She looks up just in time to see the contents of the trailer barreling toward her. Although the broken metal-and-glass vat sails clear, the symbiote goo inside gets flung straight at her!

Tigra gets to decide if she will spend her XP to obtain the "Symbiote Suit" power set.

More follow-up posts coming shortly.

Dagger
 NPC, 4 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 20:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Usually the bad guys are more afraid of him," says Dagger, nodding toward Cloak as their robed ally leads them on. "Between you and Ty, I think this team's got the 'fear factor' covered."

"This isn't a 'team,'" says Cloak sternly.

"Whatever," replies Tandy, rolling her eyes. After another moment, she adds, "What's taking this so long, anyway?"

Looking around, one hardly gets the sense the trio has made any progress through the darkness whatsoever.
The Watcher
 GM, 171 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 22:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Daredevil kicks open the door to the press box, a nightmarish scene awaits him. Above a pair of crates placed on opposite ends of the floor, two people hang suspended by metal chains around their necks. The one not struggling is instantly recognizable as Ben Urich, investigative journalist for the Daily Bugle newspaper and Matt's longtime friend. The man's racing heartbeat must have been what kept Matt from recognizing him before... though now it's gone deathly still.

The other is the Black Cat herself! She dangles in midair, kicking her feet as she claws uselessly at the chain around her neck. If the vigilante had sight, he might see in the dim moonlight that her face has turned nearly purple-- a sick reminder of who did this to her. The fact she has any fight left in her at all may only be due to the protective spell placed on her by Tigra earlier.

Daredevil has faced many horrible decisions in his career thus far, but this one might be worse than even he imagined. Does he try and help the man his senses are telling him might already be gone? Or does he go to the aid of the woman he knows he can still save?

Transition Scene continues. Daredevil gets the narrative choice to decide which of the two hostages he will try and save.

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:29, Sun 30 Aug 2020.

Tigra
 player, 28 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 00:32
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 296):

Tigra had to decide in a split second - try to dodge the slime coming her way and put civilians at risk, or, well did she even have a choice at this point? Tigra braced for impact, and the goo swallowed her whole.

Surprisingly, it didn’t feel bad at all to part of a Symbiote takeover. In fact, she kinda liked not having full control of her body and the extra tentacle limbs would sure come in handy in battle. Boy was this Symbiote hungry, and tacos sounded great right now. Tigra’s stomach growled.

Umm, hello Symbiote...being. My name is Tigra, and I know this is weird for both of us, but let’s focus. Save now and eat later. I’ll get you all the tacos you want. I think Spider-Man said there was some restaurant back on 3rd Avenue. Just work with me, will you? I wanna see what we can do with your powers and my magic.

Tigra felt the rumbling in her head when the Symbiote replied, "At last! A mighty feline form! I have longed to be a lion for so long! We will rip them to shreds and they will hear Symba's Mighty Lion Roar !"

Tigra saw a distorted reflection of a Cat-Person-Symbiote on one of the crashed vehicle's side mirrors.

All right then, Symba. Technically we are in tiger form, but uh, we can work with lion if you'd like. But get this - we look totally awesome! You gotta meet my current mentor Wong, he makes the best food in the world, aside from that famous Taco place Spider-Man mentioned. When Wong sees us, he is gonna poop his pants! Don't think he's seen something as cool as this before.

Spending 15 XP in exchange for a Symbiote Suit.
Replacing CHOSEN CHAMPION OF THE CAT PEOPLE power set with the SYMBIOTE SUITE power set.
Spending 5XP to change character distinction from Magic is awesome! to Mighty Lion

This message was last edited by the player at 20:05, Fri 04 Sept 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 49 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 03:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Dagger:
"Usually the bad guys are more afraid of him," says Dagger, nodding toward Cloak as their robed ally leads them on. "Between you and Ty, I think this team's got the 'fear factor' covered."

"This isn't a 'team,'" says Cloak sternly.

"Whatever," replies Tandy, rolling her eyes. After another moment, she adds, "What's taking this so long, anyway?"

Looking around, one hardly gets the sense the trio has made any progress through the darkness whatsoever.


"No, we're not a team," Moon Knight agreed gruffly. He worked best alone, anyway. "More of a team-up.

"Isn't teleportation usually instantaneous?"

The Watcher
 GM, 173 posts
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 02:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Man (msg # 293):

As Spider-Man prepares to go to Venom's aid, the hero hears a second "THWIPP!" beside him. Glancing over, the Doppelganger flashes him an odd, fanged smile as it follows the hero's lead with its own web-line. Where before the simple-minded creature had used its webbing with an animal carelessness, it now studies Spidey's spread-fingered approach and mimics the pose. Though its three-fingered hands are less than practiced, and its expression as alien as ever, one can't help but get an odd feeling that this "Doppelganger" is slowly becoming more human.

Spidey doesn't have much time to think on it before he is sailing toward Eddie, his strange companion at his side. The villains surrounding Brock react with alarm as their ambush is thwarted.

"Yuck!" groans Typhoid Mary. "What is that horrible thing?"

"That would be Carnage and Shriek's 'son'," sneers Jack O'Lantern. "Aww, look, the ugly little bug thinks it's Spider-Man!"

"No wonder they ditched him," rasps the Scarecrow. "It must have been embarrassing keeping that grotesque thing around."

Though it had appeared quite ready to web up the villains, Doppelganger lowers its hands. Hanging its head, it lets out an odd, wheezing moan. Some of Spidey's nearby allies turn, looking for the source of the strange noise. Even as he nurses his injuries from the exploded pumpkin bomb, Venom seems annoyed with the strange six-armed being who calls him "grandfather."

"Aw, jeez, Doppel... You're killin' me here."

"Ooh, speaking of killing things..." grins the Scarecrow behind his fearsome mask. "The city awaits! Looks like the night's just getting started, boys and girls!"

Spidey's spider-sense activates just in time as Carrion's truck suddenly flies past him. Leaping to safety, he sees the three villains hop into its open trailer, laughing as they hurtle away from the heroes. Spidey's only reassurance is the sight of the small, blinking red dot on the underside of the truck-- his well-placed Spider-Tracer that will later help him bring these evildoers to justice!

Transition Scene continues. Spider-Man earns 3 XP for hitting the 2nd HERO OR VIGILANTE? milestone:

3 XP when you let a member of Carnage’s Family go so that you can help an ally, or abandon an ally to pursue a member of Carnage’s Family.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:04, Wed 02 Sept 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 174 posts
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 02:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Beyond the window of the Carnage-Copter, the full moon gives off a pale glow. Using its light, Domino sets about the unpleasantly familiar task of patching up her injuries. First order of business is to staunch the bleeding stab wound given to her by Kasady's bladed hand earlier. The disinfectant stings as she pours it over the gash. Hopefully the burning sensation means it's strong enough to kill any leftover symbi-goo. She dries the wound, then adds a bit of gauze and tape to finish the job, and suddenly she feels like she's ready to to roll.

Then the hair stands up on the back of Domino's neck. She looks up to see Shriek watching her through the plexiglass divider.

"So, 'Domino,'" the villainess says softly, her smirk visible through the darkness. "Do they call you that name because you're such a pushover?"

Transition Scene continues. Domino recovers Staff d6 and spends 1 PP to recover from her d6 of Physical Stress.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:37, Wed 02 Sept 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 52 posts
 8 XP
Thu 3 Sep 2020
at 16:49
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hey," Moon Knight says to Dagger, snapping his fingers. "Is it true that you're a healer?"

He'd been stabbed, strangled, shot at, blown up and burned... all in all, a typical Tuesday. But if there was going to be a showdown with Carnage and his cohorts, Moon Knight needed to be at the top of his form if at all possible.

This message was last updated by the player at 23:35, Thu 03 Sept 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 48 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 09:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil doesn't even have time to curse. He springs into action, not hesitating to decide between the two hostages since the choice is obvious: if Black Cat is still alive as it seems, she has a chance of making it, but Ben is in a much more dire state. "Hang on!" he calls to the person in the room to whom the encouragement might make a difference. Whatever moral area that Black Cat aligns herself with, she's a willing participant in this life; for all the trouble Ben gets into in the name of uncovering the truth, he's an innocent. If she gets mad at him later, it means she survives.

Daredevil leaps at Ben, grasping for the chain from which the reporter dangles, taking the chance that the extra weight and inertia from the jump could pull it down and save Ben. Every millisecond could mean the difference between life and death, so Daredevil makes this count.
Cloak
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 18:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"To anyone watching, our teleportation would seem instantaneous," Tyrone replies to Moon Knight. "It only feels longer because time and space aren't the same for us in here. We still have to pass through the darkforce dimension."

He slows his rapid progress forward, causing his two companions to nearly bump into him from behind.

"But you two may be right. Something feels... unusual. I can't explain it."

He begins to examine their surroundings more closely, though there appears to be nothing there save for black smoke and stray, floating boulders.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:09, Fri 04 Sept 2020.

Dagger
 NPC, 5 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 18:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I can heal people," Tandy replies, scowling at Moon Knight. "But usually not the ones who treat me like I'm some kinda dog."

She folds her arms with a slight hmph and busies herself helping Cloak examine their surroundings. After a moment, she turns back to Moon Knight with a more sheepish expression.

"...Though I guess that fall you took earlier was my bad. And we'll need you in top shape to help us against Carnage."

Still gripping Moon Knight's hand, she says, "Hold still and I'll see what I can do."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:23, Fri 04 Sept 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 53 posts
 9 XP
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 19:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Dog? Moon Knight had no idea what Dagger meant by that, but she seemed to have moved past it, so he let it go. He wasn't the touchy-feely sort.

However, Dagger's touch was precisely what the doctor ordered. Through it, he could feel flesh healing and bone knitting, as the damage Bushman and Carnage had inflicted subsided.

"Thank you," he said. "Now if we could just get to where we're going already, there are some bad people who need eviscerating."


Moon Knight spends 1 PP to heal d6 of Physical stress.
Dagger
 NPC, 6 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 01:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Quiet," says Ty, holding up a hand to shush his partners. "I'm trying to figure out-"

Before he can finish, something flies toward the group from behind one of the nearby boulders. In the thin glow emitted by Tandy, the trio can just barely make out its shape. Dagger squeezes Moon Knight's hand, giving a small yelp as she points at what is unmistakably a severed human arm. It sails past them in an instant, disappearing beyond the veil of smoke that surrounds them.

"Uh, guys?" Tandy says, visibly startled. "You saw that, right?"
Moon Knight
 player, 54 posts
 9 XP
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 02:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Yeah, I saw that." Moon Knight wasn't scared, but Dagger clearly was. He had no capacity for comforting her, though. He could barely process the concept. Maybe Cloak would step up in that regard. "Is there any chance we can put a pin in that and come back to it later?"
Domino
 player, 63 posts
 Unspent Exp: 12
 PP: 3
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 06:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Watcher:
... looks up to see Shriek watching her through the plexiglass divider.

"So, 'Domino,'" the villainess says softly, her smirk visible through the darkness. "Do they call you that name because you're such a pushover?"

With bandage tape still in her mouth, as she tended swiftly to her wound in the most battlefield medic way she could, Domino simply flipped Shriek the bird, before going back to her work.

As best she knew, that perspex barrier between them didn't come down ... and until they landed this bird (or one of them climbed around to join her in the back), Domino had some time to work.

Moments late, she tossed the medkit aside, and pulled her shirt down over the bandaged wound.
It still stung, but it was now operable.

That was when she noticed the small, portable tracking unit ... receiver with attached transponder.  Spending 1PP for resource 'Tracking device'
Snatching it up, she slipped it into her belt for future use.
Moon Knight had said that she could help herself to whatever she wanted ... she just wished she could have some guns.

And with that though, as luck would have it, a tilt in the choppers trajectory brought the nearby Locked Artillery Case sliding to her side.
With a smirk of gratitude, she drew from her boot some basic lock picking wires that she had stashed there, and went to work opening the case.
Her Checkered Past and her Covert skills, and the Superhuman Reflexes with which her fingers reacted to the most minute sensation coming from within the lock, were going to come in handy now.

Action: overcome the 'Locked Artillery Case'
d8:    Solo
d8:   Checkered Past
d10:  Superhuman Reflexes
d10:  Covert Master
Spend 1PP to keep an additional die towards the Total.

- rolled 1,4,4,6 using d8,d8,d10,d10.  Open the Locked Artillery Case.

Total: 14
Effect: default d4
Opportunities: 1 for the Watcher ... +1PP for Domino


PP = 2

Next: Whomever

The Watcher
 GM, 175 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 09:57
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Keeping a calm control of himself, Daredevil moves to get Ben free of the deathtrap. DD's been in enough dilemmas like this to know that any small judgment error could lead to disaster. Having just survived a deadly game of superhuman-baseball, this danger may even pale in comparison. And yet with the life of a close friend hanging in the balance, it's gotten all the more personal.

A cursory scan via his superhuman senses tells DD what he needs to know about the situation. The chains around both victim's necks are hooked through metal brackets in the ceiling that might have once anchored TV monitors. Judging by how the ceiling panels are sagging, this equipment wasn't meant to bear weight much heavier than that. The solution seems simple: tear it down!

Wrapping one arm around the un-moving reporter, Matt grabs hold of the chain with his free hand and gives a mighty tug. As DD drops more of his weight into the maneuver, the ceiling gradually buckles and at last gives way. He catches the metal anchor in one hand and tosses it to the floor, then sets about undoing the chains around Ben's neck. Soon, he's free of them.

There's no time to celebrate, though. For the sound of only two heartbeats in the room is already giving the blind vigilante the news he had feared all along:

No pulse.

Transition Scene continues.
Cloak
 NPC, 4 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 21:34
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Love to," Tyrone replies to Moon Knight. "But I get the feeling someone here isn't allowing us to leave."

He extends a pointed finger toward the boulder nearest them. Squinting through the darkness, one can just make out the sight of a small, irregular shape jutting out above the craggy rock. Two red eyes sitting in a grotesque-looking head appear to be watching the heroes. They widen in what might be an amused expression as the creature slowly begins to stand...!
Shriek
 NPC, 8 posts
Sat 5 Sep 2020
at 23:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Shriek laughs and squeezes Carnage's shoulder. "Did you see that? She flipped me the bird!"

As the villains react with distracted amusement, Domino finds a sliver of opportunity she can use to her advantage!

Stepping up 1d6 in the Doom Pool for Domino's opportunity in Msg #310.

Doom Pool: 1d8, 1d6

Doom Pool reaction to Domino attempting to remove the "Locked Artillery Case" d8 scene distinction.

"Locked Artillery Case" d8 Scene Distinction
1d8, 1d6 from the Doom Pool

14:43, Today: The Watcher rolled 7,4,4 using 1d8,1d8,1d6.  Doom Pool reaction to Domino attempting to open the Locked Artillery Case.

Total: 11
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0

Though Domino wins, her d4 effect die steps back due to the Doom Pool's higher d6. Result is no effect.


Domino draws a metal shim from her boot and tries her hardest to jimmy open the padlock on the nearby locked artillery case. Unfortunately, military-grade hardware is often kept under military-grade security, and the contents of this crate are no exception. She soon finds her metal tool is too bent to be of any further use, and with a sigh, she tries to think of another plan.

Transition Scene continues.

Apologies, Domino. When I suggested that action, I had forgot again there aren't supposed to be dice rolls during Transition Scenes. You can have that 1 PP back. Doom Pool resets to 2d6.

Moon Knight
 player, 55 posts
 9 XP
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 15:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"What the hell is this now?" Moon Knight grumbled as the ugly demon-thing emerged from behind a rock. "I don't have time for this."

I know what to say, Jake said from the back of Moon Knight's mind. Let me talk.

With a sigh, Moon Knight gave Jake momentary control.

"Good evening," Jake said as Moon Knight's usual voice took on a distinct Brooklyn accent. "As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of New York, I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension."

That oughta do it. Thanks very much, Jake.
Shriek
 NPC, 9 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 20:22
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Shriek gets to her feet and strolls to the rear of the ship, taking a seat by the reinforced window near Domino.

"Shame about your ol' pal Deadpool, huh? He was so torn up about you replacing him with that Moon Knight guy. But choosing the right partner is so important, isn't it?"

"You can say that again, babe," laughs Carnage from the front of the ship.

"I'd already blown apart the loudmouth with a sonic blast," the villainess continues. "But to think now that whole building came down right on his head... No way is he coming back from that."

She holds up Domino's teleporter. "Surprised he didn't just hang onto this himself," she smirks. "Could have saved his own skin, if not for trying to help you. How touching."

Her wicked eyes narrow as she glances toward the pilot. "Now, Carny, what are we going to do with her?"

Transition Scene continues.
Carnage
 NPC, 21 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 22:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Shriek (msg # 315):

"Well, darling, I was hoping our friend Domino here would join our little family," Kasady grins. "But as we've seen, she only cares about that silly little hit-job Mayor Osborn's put on me."

He turns in the pilot's seat, his mask withdrawn as he takes a good look at Domino through the transparent divider.

"Smart girl like you's gotta know it's a scam, right?" he murmurs. "Don't you know he's using his clout to keep all the soldiers and Avengers outta this city while Shriek and I have our fun?"

Shriek nods her head at Cletus' words. "Thinks he's gonna clean our little mess up himself so he can look good on TV. But he's got another thing coming if he thinks he can cage us again."

"Bingo," Kasady agrees. "And I get the feeling Domino here don't even care about the money anyhow. No, a killer like her only cares about the challenge of it all. The sport."

He hits a button on the aircraft's control console, and it begins to hover in place. Hidden within the clouds, its cannons are still poised to strike the unwitting occupants within the stadium.

"So tell me, Domino," he goes on. "If it was you in this seat, what would you do?"

Transition Scene continues.
The Watcher
 GM, 177 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 03:58
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As we head toward Act III, here's a quick recap of where we're at (and a couple of new developments):

Moon Knight
With Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger having disappeared into the darkforce dimension, there is still no trace of the vigilantes anywhere in the city. Though Cloak's power ought to have brought them instantly to Yankee Stadium, they have not yet re-appeared-- a development that surely does not bode well! Unknown to the other heroes, they face off with a horror beyond imagining!

Domino
Above Yankee Stadium, a grave threat looms in the sky-- all the more dangerous for the fact that it is hidden from sight. The Carnage-Copter hovers in the clouds overhead, ready to rain destruction upon heroes, villains, and innocent civilians alike! Only the mercenary Domino's answer to Kasady's question might stay the villain's hand for now...

Daredevil
Up in the press box at Yankee Stadium, Daredevil has managed to free his friend Ben Urich from a deadly trap. To his dread, the journalist isn't breathing. And not far away, the Black Cat continues to struggle for her life! She's trying desperately to croak out a word, but she can't do it for the chain around her neck. It seems as if she's trying to warn DD of something...?!

Tigra
On the ground below, the symbiote-clad Tigra examines her reflection when suddenly, she hears a demonic voice inside her head:
"Sorceress Supreme... When you're quite done examining your foolish new appearance, I believe an ally may be in need of your help."
Greer feels a crackle of ozone, and then, without ceremony, she is quickly spirited away! The many portals she had opened abruptly close, with the remaining citizens cut off from their exit!

Spider-Man
Having seen to it that the escaping villains can be tracked properly once this is over, Spidey takes a moment to go to Venom's aid. Doppelganger also seems to have taken a shine to the web-head, though whether he will be more help than trouble remains to be seen. If Spidey could only catch a moment to focus, he might realize his spider-sense is beginning to tingle...

More to follow.

This message was last updated by the GM at 03:58, Wed 09 Sept 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 50 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 08:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil gingerly lays Ben on the floor, whispering "Hang on, Ben," then quickly shifting to a position to give CPR when Black Cat swings back into the immediate perimeter of his radar sense. She's clinging to life, but strongly enough that he knows she has the fleeting moments that, given to Ben, might mean the difference in saving a life, but hearing a pained gurgling, as if her attempt at saying something is reduced to a single grunt, imperceptible to anyone else. He knows she's facing him, and maybe her spasm-like shaking isn't hanging on to life but trying to get his attention. In just that second -- maybe less -- Daredevil decides to chance it and leaps up to grasp the chain attached to Black Cat's neck and pull it down in the same fashion as he saved Ben from hanging. "This better be important," Daredevil hisses, but low. Once he has Black Cat down, and even before she starts breathing again, he turns back to Ben, silently praying that those distracted moments weren't the ones that sealed his friend's final fate.
Domino
 player, 64 posts
 Unspent Exp: 12
 PP: 2
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 08:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
                                    So does that mean that I am not getting into the Locked Artillery Case'?

Carnage:
"So tell me, Domino," he goes on. "If it was you in this seat, what would you do?"

Domino stopped working on the Locked Artillery Case a moment, and looked up at the Dastardly Duo.
For a moment, she seemed ready to either turn her attention back to the artillery case, or say something smart-ass.

But she stopped, and said instead, "Why don't you let me into that seat, and we'll find out?"
The Watcher
 GM, 178 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 02:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"How... amusing," chuckles a voice from within the darkness. The laughter is like twisting, crunching bones in Moon Knight's ears. "This one believes there are others in his head."

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:17, Thu 10 Sept 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 28 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 09:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Taking a step forward with his fists outstretched, the Wall-Crawler issues a challenge to the gang of villains surrounding Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

"Hey! Doppel's shown me he's got more intestinal fortitude than all of you dime-store Halloween rejects put together! If you want to pick on anyone, pick on this spider! Why, I oughta..."

Spidey's words stop suddenly as he realizes his Spider-Sense is tingling. He quickly looks around to discern the looming threat, keeping his battle stance and one eye on the goons surrounding them.

"Any other spider-types sense that?"
Moon Knight
 player, 58 posts
 9 XP
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 13:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The Watcher:
"How... amusing," chuckles a voice from within the darkness. The laughter is like twisting, crunching bones in Moon Knight's ears. "This one believes there are others in his head."


"Who is this loser?" Moon Knight demanded of Cloak. This dark hole in the universe was his playground; he should know what bullies liked to lurk by the sandbox. "And do I stuff a magnesium flare up his ass, or down his throat?"
Carnage
 NPC, 22 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 08:57
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 319):

Correct-- you didn't succeed this time, but you'll have another chance to open the Locked Artillery Case on a future roll.

Kasady's face lights up in delight as he slowly nods his head in response to Domino's suggestion. "Say, now there's an interesting idea!"

He turns to Shriek, who is still by the rear window observing Domino. "See, I told you there was more to Little Miss Mercenary here than that 'Femme Fatale,' 'Combat Master,' routine."

"Well," replies Shriek, folding her arms. "It helps that she can't pull that full auto trick against us right now. Not without those precious guns of hers."

"Ah," says Carnage, lifting a finger. "Guns, guns... Hey, whatta you say we give Neena here some time alone with the ol' 20mm cannons? She's earned it!"

If Shriek is surprised by Carnage's proposition, she doesn't show it. Instead, she simply smiles and walks to a control panel adjacent to the window.

"Well, darling... if you insist." Slowly, gingerly, she reaches up and taps a button on the console. There is a hiss of air as the metal-framed plexiglass slides up into the ceiling.

And then, just like that, there is an open passage in front of Domino where before there had been a thick-plated metal hatch. Her keen senses detect no sign of any tricks or deceit.

"Ask and you shall receive," the villainess says, nodding to the mercenary. "Consider it some good old-fashioned Carnage Family hospitality."

Carnage jumps on top of his seat in excitement, rocking on the balls of his feet as he points to something beyond the cockpit's window.

"Hey, looky here!" he cries. "It's that mama's boy Carrion and the Loser Brigade! After all my hard work to set that game up, those little leaguers couldn't even hang on for two innings!"

He cocks an eyebrow at Domino.

"You want a shot at 'em, cowgirl? We've got fresh missiles in the tank!"

If Domino were to follow the madman's gaze, she would see it immediately: a semi-truck full of villains racing across the stadium field, making a clean getaway that only she can stop!

Hadn't her contract stated she'd get a bonus for any additional villains terminated? It couldn't hurt to take out a few, could it? And Moon Knight DID say to help herself to his equipment.

But to do so would mean to ally herself with Cletus Kasady, if only for an instant. Domino might live her life in a moral gray area, but even she knows some things are a bridge too far...

What's a mercenary to do?

Domino takes the first turn in Act III, and gets to choose who goes next.
The Watcher
 GM, 180 posts
Sat 12 Sep 2020
at 09:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Act III begins. Please see the message in the OOC thread re: spending XP during Act III. Players who haven't already done so may spend XP on their first turn to increase their amount of starting PP's up to the normal cap of 5. Everyone starts with 1 PP by default unless otherwise noted. Good luck in Act III and congrats on making it this far!
Domino
 player, 66 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Sun 13 Sep 2020
at 04:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino watched the scene play out in front of her, with quirked curiosity.
This was not what she had expected.

But she rose to the occasion, rising and looking past the villains at the pilot seat beyond ... wondering if she was actually going to be allowed to get there, or if this was some kind of trick.

A plan was already forming in her head, along the lines of the proverbial 'two birds ....' theory.
But there was something that she needed to do first.

Smiling at them, with a look of 'are you actually going to let me do this?', she began to move forward between them.
But her smile and movement were as distraction, as much as a direction.
Her nimble fingers had slipped that tracking device that she had just previously acquired, from her belt as she brushed passed them.

Before moving beyond the two, she stopped.
With a big, shit eating grin at Shriek, Domino hooked one hand in under Carnage's arm, and leaned in to kiss him.
Action: place Tracking Device on Carnage, to create Asset 'Bugged Symbiote'
d8   Solo
d8   Checkered Past
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Covert Mastery
- rolled 7,8,4,3 using d8,d8,d10,d10.  create Asset 'Bugged Symbiote'.
Total: 16
Effect: d10

Spend 1PP to create secondary Effect:  Emotional Stress  upon Shriek.


Her Checkered Past and recent life of Covert operations had made her quite the pick-pocket and legerdemain; and she had used these skills and her delicate, Superhuman Reflexes now to draw the tracker ... and place it in Carnage's armpit ... as she'd slipped her own arm under his.   Very few people checked, or stood a chance of noticing, anything in the armpit, and it was a great place for such a tracking device.
She might, indeed, be working Solo, but if they were thinking that lessened her threat rating?  Well ....


OOC: yes, next stop is the pilot seat, to shoot them thar 'fish in the barrel'.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:43, Mon 14 Sept 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 23 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 04:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 325):

Carnage seems confused as Domino draws near to him, her expression softer than before. He can tell the mercenary's up to something, but can't quite figure out what...

"Hey, what are y-- mmf?!"

Buddy d8
Sneaky d4 (He's pretty good at playing people, but this time he's getting played)
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Covert Expert 2d6

21:30, Today: Carnage rolled 5,1,6,6,3 using 1d8,1d4,1d10,1d6,1d6 ((5,1,6,6,3)). Carnage reacting to Domino's attempt to covertly place the tracker on him.

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Domino)

Domino wins and successfully creates a "Bugged Symbiote" d10 asset. Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for Carnage's use of his "Sneaky" distinction at d4.


As Domino leans in and plants a kiss on Kasady's lips, she peeks one eye open and slips her tracking device onto his person. As it vanishes beneath the surface of the symbiote, Domino can see its red LED light softly blinking. That tells her the device is active-- and it blends into the red-colored symbiote so well that one would have to know it was there to have any hope of spotting it!

Shriek's reaction coming next.
Domino
 player, 71 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 05:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage:
Shriek's reaction coming next.
That IS the part I am looking forward to seeing the most.  Though, in truth, it might just get Dom killed here and now.
Shriek
 NPC, 10 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 06:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Shriek had been watching from afar, but gives a sudden start as Domino moves in on her man. The villainess shoots to her feet, and with a small sonic boom! she launches forward!

"Hey, I didn't sign up for this!" she cries. "Hands off my man!"

Buddy d8
Carnage Groupie d8 (Ain't no one's stealing her Carny!)
Leaping d6
Menace Expert 2d6

22:05, Today: Carnage (oops) Shriek rolled 8,2,2,3,2 using 1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6,1d6. Shriek reacting to Domino's attempt to inflict Emotional Stress by kissing Carnage.

Total: 11
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

*Domino wins. Shriek takes d10 of Emotional Stress.

Though she'd appeared ready to blast Domino through the window, Shriek does a double-take as she realizes Carnage has already pushed the mercenary off of him. Kasady holds up a hand.

"Sorry doll, this man's taken," he laughs. "Ol' Kasady here's got a family to think of... killing!"

Seeing Cletus shrug off the mercenary, Shriek puts on a brave face and gets control of herself. But she can't resist giving Domino her iciest glare, jabbing a finger in her direction.

"Pull another stunt like that, and I'll be playing dominoes on your grave," she says darkly.

*That was a 15 total for Domino, yeah?

Next Action: The Watcher

Carnage
 NPC, 24 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 03:52
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Shriek, baby, you know I only got eyes for you!" laughs Kasady, pulling the villainess into an embrace. "You're the only murder to my mayhem!"

He holds out a hand toward her and small tentacles emerge from either side of his palm, forming a crude heart-shape. In the center, drizzling ooze spells a small set of initials: "C + S".

Recovery action: Carnage uses his turn to apply his "Tentacles d8" die toward Shriek's Emotional Stress d10, stepping it back to d8.

Next Action: Shriek

Shriek
 NPC, 11 posts
Wed 16 Sep 2020
at 04:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Hmph... OK, snookums. I'll play nice," says Shriek, brushing a hand against Carnage's cheek.

"But I hope Domino here behaves herself," she says. "She's already got one black eye, I'd hate to give her another."

Shriek uses her turn to grandstand, adding 1d8 from "Menace Expert" into the Doom Pool.

Doom Pool: 2d6 + 1d6 from msg #326 + 1d8 = 3d6, 1d8

Next Action: Purple Man (Yeah, he's back)

The Watcher
 GM, 186 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 04:20
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil braces his heels against the floor as he rears back, exerting every ounce of his might against the chain holding the Black Cat. As he grits his teeth and strains, the ceiling buckles and eventually gives way before his adrenaline-fueled strength. There is a quick snap! as the chain comes loose and Felicia drops to the floor. She catches herself in a slight crouch as she draws in a loud, ragged gasp. Trembling slightly as she regains her breathing, she rubs at her neck where the chain had suspended her. What must have been several minutes without oxygen must have seemed to her like eternity.

Then, for a long moment, there is no other sound in the press box except for Daredevil's rapid chest compressions and quick breaths performed upon the fallen Ben Urich. DD knows Ben's a fighter-- he's had to be to last this long in his career. No doubt he's here to get to the truth of what's happening on this night of madness. If there's a bigger story going on here than what DD already knows, no doubt Ben will have uncovered it. But first, Matt's got to save his life.

Matt performs more compressions, then focuses his hearing. There is only the sound of his own heartbeat and that of Felicia's-- still rapid from her harrowing ordeal. He gives Ben more air, then still more quick chest-thrusts with his palms. Raw determination fuels the Man Without Fear in this moment of crisis. He's not going to let another friend be taken from him. Not like this.

And then, his ears pick up the sound. Faint, to be sure, but it's there. A third heartbeat!
Ben Urich
 NPC, 1 post
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 04:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"... Matt?" croaks Ben, his eyes slowly flickering open.
Black Cat
 NPC, 2 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 04:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the Black Cat is at last able to speak again, Daredevil can hardly get a reply to Ben before he hears her cry of panic:

"He's on the roof!"
Purple Man
 NPC, 5 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 04:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In the near-silent press box, a voice suddenly fills the room:

"My, Shriek really did a number on those senses of yours, didn't she?" laughs Killgrave. "I was getting bored up here waiting for you to notice me."

There is a thump from above as his boot kicks in the damaged roof section torn loose by Daredevil. Though the vigilante can't see it, the Purple Man smirks at him as he peers into the room.

"I suppose it's more satisfying this way anyhow. Now you can have the honor of killing your little friends with your own two hands. Now, who should we start with?"

He lets out a small chuckle, rubbing his hands together with malice.

"Oh, I know!"

He leans casually against the short railing set up around the roof, ready to enjoy the show.

"Daredevil... kill the journalist."

And with that simple command, DD can now feel Killgrave's pheromones working to bend him to the enemy's will!

Solo d8
Schemer d8
Mind Control d10
Psych Master d10
d6 from SFX:

SFX: Psychoactive Pheromones. Add d6 and step up your effect die by +1 when using Mind Control to inflict persuasion-based complications or mental stress.

21:07, Today: Purple Man rolled 5,7,9,10,4 using 1d8,1d8,1d10,1d10,1d6 ((5,7,9,10,4)). Purple Man attempting to inflict a Mind Control complication on Daredevil.

Total: 26
Effect: d8 stepped up = d10
Opportunities: 0

Spent 1d8 from the Doom Pool to add a 3rd die to the total (d8 that rolled 7).

Doom Pool: 3d6

Reaction Needed: Daredevil

Next Action: Daredevil

DD, I'm leaning a bit on the narrative here to explain why you didn't notice Purple Man earlier. You can spend that unused PP from last scene to give yourself a useful Resource here if you'd like.

This message was last edited by the player at 04:37, Thu 17 Sept 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 51 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 09:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In the recap (msg. #317), you didn't mention the Purple Man being in the room so I'd assumed he'd escaped or left.

A brutal roll. But fair. Depending on what you do with Ben, I have an idea for this. I'm looking forward to seeing this play out.


Only now does it catch up to Daredevil his folly at missing the Purple Man in the room. In the rush to save his friend, Daredevil's vaunted super-senses did him little good when he disregarded all but one, failing them more than they failed him. And now he pays for it, falling into the Purple Man's trap, even worse that his senses, sucking up the Purple Man's unique pheromones, makes him all the more sensitive to their abhorrent power. Shutting out all distractions like he was taught in his darkest days, he focuses on mental and physical stillness, relaxing his muscles in an effort to resist having them wrenched away by a force beyond his control. But for all he can do, it may not be enough, not nearly.

Reaction to Purple Man's Mind Control attack, Total: 26, Effect: d10:
Buddy (presumably, with Black Cat)    d8
Focus/Man Without Fear & Psych Expert    d10
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12* (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Power Stunt/Superhuman Stamina    d8
(-1 PP)
Protective Charm Complication    d6

DD rolls 8,2,8,7,6 using d8,d10,d12,d8,d6 ((8,2,8,7,6))

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 23; Effect: d10
(Taking a 21/d12, with my Effect die stepping down the attacking Effect die, would arrive at the same place)

PPs: 2 (starting; from msg #261) -1 (Radar Sense SFX) -1 (Power Stunt*) -1 (add third die to Total) = 0
* -1 XP, to convert to PP



The suggestion falls over his conscious mind: It actually would be a good idea to kill the journalist. Why not? What does the thrill of killing someone feel like? Surely it's sweet. Elektra did it, and regularly. It could happen just this once. Actual heroes get away with worse.

Daredevil shudders, to shake it. But which is the journalist? It's a weak attempt. It's a weak attempt. Kill him anyway. It would be good to be a friend to the Purple Man, and friends help each other, and he needs Ben killed, and the world won't miss another newsman, it might even thank him. And who would even know? He could get away with it. It's probably a good idea to kill the Black Cat too.

His body spasms in his attempt, with every fiber of his being, to resist but it's utter futilely. With any last remaining free will and effort, his final willing action is to grunt two words as he is already turning to his friend: "Ben," Daredevil says, a darkness taking over his voice. "Run."
Ben Urich
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 18:13
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 335):

Daredevil takes a d10 "Mind Control" complication.

Thanks for being a good sport about it, DD. Here's what happens next:


Ben's voice trembles as he staggers to his feet, terribly unsteady after the ordeal he's just survived.

"Y-yeah," he stammers, "OK, Matt." It's clear he doesn't want to leave DD behind, but he seems to grasp the danger he's in. He turns to run, only to hear a slam! as the door shuts hard.

"More of Kilgrave's guards," Felicia groans. "They've locked us in. Shit."

She gets to her feet, moving between Daredevil and the journalist whose murder the Purple Man has tasked him with.

"The window," she nods to Ben. "It's your best shot. Hurry!"

While he hesitates a moment, one look at the shaking, teeth-baring Daredevil is enough to convince him. Ben drops his shoulder and takes a running leap at the window overlooking the field!

*CRASH!*

Turning it back over to DD for his action.
Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 2 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 02:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Down in Yankee Stadium, the remaining heroes do their best to assess the situation...

After saving the young boy caught in the path of Carrion's runaway truck, Iron Fist is helped to his feet by Luke Cage and Misty Knight, with the three of them enjoying a small reunion.

"Looks like he's alright, Luke. But what about DD?"

Of Daredevil, there has been no sign since he entered the press box to confront the Purple Man. Then, there is a crash as someone smashes through the window and falls into the bleachers!

"Hurry!" the Black Cat can be heard telling the man. "Get out of here!"

But as the man goes to run, he suddenly finds the civilians in the stands moving to surround him!

As Spider-Man watches, he realizes this is what his spider-sense was warning him of! Now the civilians they just saved are turning on the heroes, and Carnage has them all right where he wants them! Just like at the scene of the deli fire earlier, these citizens are growing agitated and bloodthirsty with no clear sign of why...?

"Yo, Spidey!" calls Luke. "It's Carnage's girlfriend and those freaky powers of hers! She's gotta be the one doing this!"

But how could that be true, with no sign of Shriek anywhere in the area?  Unless...?

Then the heroes are greeted with a truly ominous scene. In the pitch-black darkness, the outlines of the dozens of remaining civilians can be seen shambling toward them. The silly Carnage-themed garb they were forced to wear makes them seem more monstrous in the darkness, with their slitted eyes and eerie grins. Behind their plastic masks, their eyes bulge with madness, their teeth gritted in violent rage as they clutch baseball bats, broken bottles, and all manner of makeshift weapons!

"These jerks ruined the ball game! LET'S GET 'EM!"

Crowded close together in the throng of bodies, Spider-Man and Venom suddenly find themselves on the defensive!

d10 "Confused Civilians" scene complication goes away and Mob of Rioters is added to the scene.

Team 5d6
Psychically Manipulated
Swarm d8
SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents. For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.

18:59, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 4,2,3,4,6,5,6 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d6 ((4,2,3,4,6,5,6)). Mob of rioters attacking Spidey and Venom down in the stadium.

Total: 12
Effect: d8 to Spidey, d6 to Venom
Opportunities: 0

Reactions Needed: Spider-Man, Venom

Next Action: Still Daredevil (Then please pick Spidey or Venom to go next)

Venom
 player, 5 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 02:51
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom growls as the group converges, "This is your fault Spider! You are still too weak to defeat our spawn!" And tries to web everyone that gets close to him to stop them without hurting them.



Affiliation: Buddy d8
Distinction: Lethal Protector d4 +1 PP
Power set - Web-Slighing d6 & Superhuman Reflexes d8
Specialties: Combat Expert d8
+1 PP for distinction & -1 PP to activate SFX Multipower which lets me use 2+ venom powers but each one past the first is at a -1 step

+3 xp when you refuse to hurt a civilian who is causing you to an ally stress?

Total: 13
Effect: d8
Opps: 0


22:48, Today: Venom rolled 7,2,2,6,8 using d8,d4,d6,d8,d8 ((7,2,2,6,8)).

This message was last edited by the player at 02:52, Tue 22 Sept 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 52 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 09:22
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil grits his teeth until they ache, holding back as much as he can until Ben gets through the window. He didn't say when to kill the journalist only lasts so long until the horned vigilante finds his body moving without his consciousness, following well-honed moves, to dive out the shattered window after his prey.

Ben has gotten to his feet already, letting the shards of glass fall from him. The sound of the particles hitting the ground isn't enough to throw Daredevil's senses, and the once-hero takes off after his former friend at full tilt. The pace proceeds through the bleachers, around whatever revelers there left, but not enough for Daredevil to willingly avoid finding his target.

"Run, reporter!" Daredevil seethes. "Run like your very life depends on it!" If only he could outrun himself. He tracks the man with his superhuman senses, but unfortunately, instead of assuring that the journalist is not dead, it only exhort that he's still alive.

Emotional attack (intimidation) on Ben Urich:
Solo    d10
Man Without Fear (at a time when it might help to have some)    d4
(+1 PP)
Hypersenses/Superhuman Senses    d10
Menace Expert    2d6

Daredevil rolled 1,2,1,2,2 using d10,d4,d10,d6,d6 ((1,2,1,2,2)).

Total: 4; Effect: d4
2 Opportunities

PPs: 0 (starting; from msg #335) +1 (negative Distinction) +1 (Opportunity) = 2

Daredevil
 player, 54 posts
 PPs: 2 (from msg #252)
 XPs: 9
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 09:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Next Action: Venom
Venom
 player, 7 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 17:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
We are so sick of this sideshow! Bring us CARNAGE, not the fakes, Venom screams as he continues to attempt to web the crowds so he can get through. We can't work with you Spider! You haven't learned anything!



Solo d10
Lethal Protector d4 +1 pp
Web-Slinging d6
SFX: Envelop d6 & step up effect dice & -1 pp
Combat Expert d8

Total: 9
Effect Dice: d10

Attempting to create complication: Webbed Civilians.

PP: Distinction +1, SFX Envelop-1
XP: 1 xp for first time using solo & +3 xp when you refuse to hurt a civilian who is causing you to an ally stress

Today: Venom rolled 3,3,6,3 using d4,d6,d6,d8.  attempting to add a complication to the crowd of "Webbed".

Reaction: Mob
Action: Spiderman

This message was last edited by the player at 20:17, Tue 22 Sept 2020.

Spider-Man
 player, 29 posts
Tue 22 Sep 2020
at 23:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Trust me, Venom! You and your kid needs a lot more family therapy than I can provide!"

The mob pushes their way to Spider-Man in the dark, and the hero has to avoid hurting the controlled citizens while avoiding being torn apart himself. His Symbiote tentacles go in all directions, trying to push away attackers.

Reaction to Mob attack.
[Total: 12, Effect: d8 to Spidey]

0 PP
Affiliation: Buddy d10
Distinction: Lights Out d4 + 1 PP
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Reflexes d10
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Tentacles d8
Specialties: Combat Expert 2d6 [converted from d8]

17:57, Today: Spider-Man rolled 4,3,5,6,4,5 using d10,d4,d10,d8,d6,d6.

Total: 11
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

1 PP Remaining


"Ungh!"

Spidey takes a few solid hits from all sides. There's just too many of them. While avoiding hurting anyone, Spider-Man is unable to dodge all of the blows coming his way. Thankfully, he's able to dampen some of the damage by rolling with the punches.

"This isn't going to work. I've got to get out of here!"

Venom has beaten him to it, as Spider-Man sees him pushing through the crowd and webbing some as he goes.

"Oh, yeah! Sure! Just leave behind the guy that came to save your slimy butt in the first place! Don't worry about me! Nope! No WORRIES over HERE! Just LEAVE me to DIE! IT'S FINE! EVERYTHING'S...ungh...FINE!"

The Wall-Crawler pushes aside the people that have closed in on him, giving him just enough space to attempt escape.

"We've got to find Shriek! If she's the one controlling them...Luke! Any idea where she is?"

As he calls out to Luke Cage, the mob is already clawing back towards him. Spider-Man attempts to swing out from the middle of the crowd with a webline. In the pitch darkness, he's relying on his Spider-Sense to avoid more damage.

Attempt to create Webline Asset
Affiliation: Solo d8
Distinction: Lights Out d4 + 1 PP
SPIDER-POWERS: Enhanced Senses d8
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Web-Slinging d8
Specialties: Acrobatic Master d10

18:40, Today: Spider-Man rolled 8,2,2,4,4 using d8,d4,d8,d8,d10.

Total: 12
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

2 PP Remaining

Reaction Needed: Mob of Rioters
Next Action: Daredevil

This message was last edited by the player at 23:43, Tue 22 Sept 2020.

Ben Urich
 NPC, 3 posts
Wed 23 Sep 2020
at 03:38
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the lingering civilians in the bleachers get to their feet, Ben finds himself in a semi-circle of them. They yell and jeer at him from behind their plastic Carnage masks as he tries to stand, shoving him every time he tries to get around them. The journalist can barely even stand for the injuries he's received from his high fall from the press box, let alone run away. He brushes the glass from his sleeves as he takes a step back from the approaching Daredevil. Then, seeing there's no way out, he faces the threat dead-on...

Solo d8
Fearless Reporter d4 (Usually it's the supervillains trying to kill him)
Psych Expert 2d6

20:21, Today: Ben Urich rolled 7,3,1,5 using 1d8,1d4,1d6,1d6 ((7,3,1,5)). Ben Urich reacting to Daredevil's attempt to inflict emotional stress.

Total: 12
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Daredevil)

Ben wins with an extraordinary success and takes no stress. Added 1d8 and 1d6 to the Doom Pool for DD's opportunities and Ben's use of the "Fearless Reporter" distinction at d4. DD, take 1 bonus PP for roleplaying along with the Mind Control complication.

Doom Pool: 4d6, 1d8


"No... I won't run. Not from you," says Ben. "You can beat this, dammit! You've done it before."

The blind vigilante can hear the fear in his friend's voice, though to his credit the reporter seems to be fighting it down. When he speaks again, his voice is louder and more clear:

"Fight, Daredevil! Fight!"

Next, a reply to Spidey and Venom's posts.
Daredevil
 player, 55 posts
 PPs: 2* (from msg #339)
 XPs: 11
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 08:23
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil takes Watcher Opportunity for 1 PP, to create Keen Awareness of Surroundings Asset

PPs: 2 (starting; from msg #339) +1 (bonus for playing along with Mind Control) -1 (creating Asset)  = 2


Daredevil steps heavily and slowly toward the cowering reporter who's trying to scurry away from him. Urich doesn't make it far until Daredevil is upon him, baring down on the journalist. Daredevil makes no sound in response to the reporter's pleas, with any facial expression obscured in shadow. Too soon, Urich is against the guardrail along the bleachers, with a sharp fall on the other side, leaving nowhere to run.

"N -- No! You've got to wake up!" Urich implores. "You've got to -- "

But it's too late before Daredevil closes the distance between them in one step and in a single motion grabs the reporter by his jacket to pitch his friend over the side of the safety rail!

"Nooooo!!!" Urich cries as he falls straight down.

Next Action: also Daredevil
The Watcher
 GM, 192 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 05:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom wins his reaction against the Mob and takes no stress. The Mob beats Spidey's roll but his higher effect die means he takes d6 (rather than d8) of Physical Stress.

Mob reacts to Venom's attempt to create a "Webbed" complication on them.

Team 5d6
Unleashing the Rage d4 (Venom bringing some rage of his own)
Swarm d8

21:26, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 4,2,4,5,5,2,3 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8.  Mob of Rioters reacting to Venom creating a "Webbed" complication on them.

Total: 10
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Mob's total of 10 just beats Venom's 9, and they take no complication. Added 1d6 to the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Unleashing the Rage" distinction at d4.


Venom extends his wrists and fires off symbiote-webbing, but in the thick crush of bodies, there isn't enough room to spread the trajectory. The webbing hits the nearest attacker like a cheap wad of Silly String. The rioter looks straight at Brock, his eyes narrowing behind his Carnage mask. Then the burly man clutches his baseball bat tighter and shouts, "That it?! Let's get him!"

Not far away, Spider-Man takes aim with his own web-shooters, but at a different type of target. As the roiling mob shoves and slams him around, it's all he can do to pick out a high vantage point-- the stadium lights, the news trucks, anything-- and fire off a quick webline. If he can only get away from this mob, and get above his attackers, he knows he'll have the advantage.

Team 5d6
Unleashing the Rage d4 (Getting in each other's way)
Swarm d8

21:39, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 5,3,3,3,2,1,5 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((5,3,3,3,2,1,5)). Mob reacting to Spider-Man attempting to create Webline asset.

Total: 10
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Spider-Man wins and creates a "Webline" d10 asset. Added 1d6 to the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Unleashing the Rage" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 6d6, 1d8


With his own symbiote-suit actively fighting off the attackers as well, Spidey suddenly finds his chance. As the mob is beaten back for just an instant, he launches a webline that brings him soaring into the air above his opponents. From his perch, he can clearly see them closing in on Venom... the same "partner" that abandoned him moments ago. What's a web-head to do...?

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:59, Fri 25 Sept 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 193 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 05:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Away from Yankee Stadium, a similar scene is playing out in the surrounding city blocks. With the sports arena as the epicenter, riots break out in neighboring Harlem, spreading all the way through the upper East and West sides, on back to Hell's Kitchen and beyond! In the last few hours, the Sanctum Sanctorum on Bleecker Street-- the former home of the late Dr. Strange, and now his successor Tigra-- has become a refuge from the madness overtaking Manhattan. With a large amount of the citizens in the stadium transported within its walls, placed under the care of the dutiful Wong, they begin to heal from the psychic afflictions placed on them by Shriek.

From a neighboring rooftop, the heroine known as Spider-Woman watches and observes. She had caught the broadcast that cretin Carnage was putting on the airwaves. When she saw the deadly sport that Kasady was forcing her friends to take part in-- (superhuman baseball, really?)-- her first impulse had been to head to Yankee Stadium and give them a hand.

But Jessica Drew wasn't your typical superhero. No, she was smarter than that.

With a little detective work, she uncovered the building in Hell's Kitchen that Kasady was broadcasting from-- though it appeared to have just been blown up-- and arrived just in time to see the cackling madman speeding away in his stolen helicopter. Then the news crews beamed out the latest images from the stadium: Tigra ushering a handful of innocent bystanders through a large, sparkling portal. Jessica was no sorceress, but she knew a thing or two about this mystical stuff, and she recognized the signature teleportation spell Strange had always used. Greer was taking the innocents to the safety of the Sanctum in far-away Greenwich Village.

Jessica knew her friend Greer Nelson quite well. Well enough to know that she could handle herself in a fight, and the fact she hadn't yet returned to assist her friends in the stadium meant something was up. And so that was how Spider-Woman came to find herself perched across the street from the sacred building... just in time to hear shouts and sounds of a struggle within!

Gazing down, Jessica sees the front door fly open and Wong fall down the steps, pursued by an angry mob!

Next Action: Spider-Woman
Spider-Woman
 player, 2 posts
 Jessica Drew
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 09:39
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Woman wasted no time! The Dark Angel kicked off the wall of the neighborhood bodega and glided on gossamer wings toward the fallen Wong. She landed beside the fallen servant and quickly pulled him to his feet. “Up on your feet...Wong, right?” They’d encountered one another in one of the many mass superhero team-ups that had become more commonplace since that fateful night at The Raft.

“Time for a little crowd control with a hefty dose of my own take on ‘Mother’s little helpers’!” Jessica recently gained better control of one of her more exotic powers: Pheromone Control. Dr. Strange saved her life after a devastating assault by Morgan Le Fey. She owed it to the late Sorcerer Supreme to save the man who’d become more than a butler to him.

If her plan paid off, her pheromones would soothe the crowd. “Everyone, please calm down! Just tell me what’s going on so I can help you.” Jessica spoke loudly, but calmly, and kept her tone friendly enough. She sent her superhumanly potent pheromones wafting on the air to hopefully calm the small mob...

OOC:

OK, I’m using Spider-Woman’s pheromones here as an attempt at crowd control.

05:24, Today: Spider-Woman rolled 14 using 5d8.  Pheromones for crowd control.

Solo d8 + Alluring d8 + d6 for Pheromones (stepped up to induce a “Suggestible” mental stress) + Enhanced Senses d8 + Psych Expertr d8

Next: Tigra



Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 3 posts
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 17:14
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Woman (msg # 347):

09:58, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 6,3,5,4,2,3,4 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((6,3,5,4,2,3,4)). Mob of Rioters reacting to Spider-Woman's pheromone complication.

Total: 11
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Spider-Woman wins and knocks out 1d6 from the Mob with a "Suggestible" d8 complication.

Mob reduced to 4d6.


The rioters eye Spider-Woman with hostility, with one man in a particular rage. It's as though her bright-red costume acts as a bullfighting cape, and this big bruiser is the bull. He charges the heroine, but as she exerts more and more of her pheromones, he slows to a stop. His raised fist falls rather lamely to his side as the man blinks slowly, looking around at his fellow rioters.

"Uh... What were we doing again?"

Next Action: Tigra
Wong
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 17:20
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"My thanks, Spider-Woman," replies Wong as he gets to his feet. His signature Tao mandalas crackle to life around his outstretched hands as he assumes a defensive stance next to the heroine. "Have you seen Tigra anywhere?" he asks, with a note of worry in his voice. "We are rather outnumbered, and even my sorcery has its limits."
Spider-Woman
 player, 3 posts
 Jessica Drew
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 17:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spider-Woman shook her head. “No. I lost track of Tigra back at the stadium.” She gestured at the mystic sigils glowing like a nimbus around Wong’s hands. “I couldn’t miss the glowy accents, though. It looks like Tigra had a serious upgrade in power since the last time I saw her.”

Her mind wasn’t off the mob, though. One man, the apparent “Alpha” of the group, had broken. To his groggy question, she said with artfully feigned cheerfulness, “You were evacuating to this man’s home, which he kindly opened to everyone here.” Jessica thanked a misspent youth with HYDRA for an exceptional talent in undercover work, which involved no shortage of acting.

“We’re all going to rest and recover from a harrowing day, right?”
Tigra
 player, 34 posts
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 20:15
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 346):

Tigra felt herself being pulled out from the stadium at full force. She landed in a dark place, hitting her elbows against what seemed like boxes. There was a strong smell of cleaning supplies.

"What is that smell, and why do you like it so much? It stinks." Symba's voice brought Tigra back to her senses.

Tigra recognized the scent of Suavitel, Wong always used that yellow Morning Sun bottle. She - they - had landed in one of the closets back at the Sanctum Sanctorum. "Looks like you're going to meet Wong sooner than later."

"Good. That tumbling got me starving even more."

Tigra looked at the bottom of the door, she saw someone's shadow quickly pass by,hearing Wong screaming, "We are just trying to help you!" Tigra saw another shadow go through, then many more followed, partnered with shouting, and sounds of heavy objects breaking behind the door. After what seemed like ages, she heard the main door to the Sanctum Sanctorum shut with a loud THUMP.

Tigra opened the closet's door, and saw torn up tapestries, broken doors, tables and chairs missing legs, and a few broken windows.

"Are we going out there or not?"

Tigra ran out the door, leaping out one of the broken windows of the building, landing next to Wong and Spider-Woman. "Hey! Nice to see you two! Sorry about that, Wong.I was teleported into the hallway closet by something...or someone. Oh, and look, I have a symbiote buddy! The name is Symba. Look what we can do!" Tigra's body stretched up a few feet high, overlooking the mob. "Pretty cool, huh? Anyway hopefully I can help calm them down a little more. The Purple man had them mobbing at the stadium and this was the only safe place I could think of to keep them from hurting themselves and others."

Tigra is going to try to use telepathy to reach out to the mob and try to calm them down more.
Team d10
Adventurous Sorceress d4 - never done this before.
Telepathy d8
Mystic Master 2d8

12:59, Today: Tigra rolled 4,3,4,3,7 using d10,d4,d8,d8,d8 ((4,3,4,3,7)).

Total: 7+4 +3 ( 1 PP xtra die) = 14
Effecct:d10
PP total: Spent 1, gained 1 from d4

Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 3 posts
Sun 27 Sep 2020
at 14:47
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 351):

Wong watches as Tigra's body elongates high into the air, with a sickly greenish pallor coming over his face.

"That... was horrible," he says, trying not to gag. "Please do not do it again."

As Tigra returns to the ground, Wong creates a barrier of energy around them, to defend the Sorceress Supreme as she attempts to quell the mob's rage...

Mob of Rioters reacts to Tigra's telepathic attack.

Team 4d6
Psychically Manipulated d4 (Magic manipulation is a step above)
Grab d8

07:21, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 3,5,3,4,4,3 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((3,5,3,4,4,3)). Mob of Rioters reacting to Tigra's telepathic attack.

Total: 9
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Tigra wins. Mob reduced to 3d6, and her extraordinary success creates a "Mob Justice" d6 asset to use in her next roll. Added 1d6 to the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Psychically Manipulated" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 7d6, 1d8

As Tigra focuses her telepathy upon the mob, the remaining rioters sense that she's trying to placate them. This seems to anger them even more, and they surge forward to try and grab her!

"Let's get that cat-freak!"

But Tigra's soothing telepathy seems to break through the psychic conditioning these brutes have undergone at Shriek's hands. Several of them blink out of their stupor, realizing the symbiotic sorceress seems to have cured them. Rage turns to gratitude as they turn toward the few remaining attackers, and grab onto them so the heroines can free them too!

Next Action: Mob of Rioters

This message was last edited by the player at 14:47, Sun 27 Sept 2020.

Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 19:50
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Spider-Woman's pheromones and Tigra's telepathy soothe the crowd's rage, the other rioters try to shrug off the heroines. Something rolls down the stairway, coming to rest at a man's foot.

"The Orb of Agamotto!" breathes Wong as several rioters grab onto him. "They mustn't get their hands on that!"

The burliest of the men stoops to pick up the Orb, staring into its shimmering depths. The crystal ball glows at the man's touch, prepared to reveal untold knowledge to its new bearer. With its connection to the vast fabric of the universe, whosoever masters the orb can force all space and time to surrender their secrets. If such an artifact were to make it into the hands of a true villain, it would surely lead to unmitigated disaster!

Fortunately, the rioter holding it seems to think it's just for throwing. He chucks it at Tigra.

Team 3d6
Loose Artifacts d8
Grab d8

12:44, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 6,1,6,3,1 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d8 ((6,1,6,3,1)). Mob of Rioters throwing a crystal ball at Tigra.

Total: 12
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 2

Reaction Needed: Tigra

Next Action: The Watcher

This message was last edited by the player at 19:51, Tue 29 Sept 2020.

Tigra
 player, 35 posts
Thu 1 Oct 2020
at 01:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Mob of Rioters (msg # 353):

Tigra sees The Orb of Agamotto flying out of the crowd going straight for her face.

Tigra, with Symba’s help, got ready to grab the Orb of Agamotto. Carefully, reaching out with tentacles and transmuting them in a little makeshift padded gooey cage once they touch the orb.

"Don't worry, Wong. It should be safe with Symba and me."


Trying to safely and carefully grab The Orb of Agamotto.

Team d10
Mob Justice asset d6
Mighty Lion (d4, Symba thinks too highly of itself)
Tentacles d8
Transmutation d8
Acrobatics master 2d8

18:23, Today: Tigra rolled 1,6,4,6,7,2,8 using d10,d6,d4,d8,d8,d8,d8 ((1,6,4,6,7,2,8)).

Total: 7+8 = 15
Effect: d8
Plot points total: 1 + 1 from d4 + rolling 1 = 3
Opportunities: 1


Next: The Watcher

This message was last edited by the player at 01:32, Thu 01 Oct 2020.

Wong
 NPC, 2 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 20:32
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 354):

Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool from Tigra's opportunity in Msg #354.

Doom Pool: 8d6, 1d8


Wong wipes the sweat from his brow in relief as Tigra gets hold of the Orb. He gives the Sorceress Supreme and Spider-Woman a nod of thanks as he shrugs off the rioters holding him.

"That could have ended quite badly," he says. "Good work, both of you."

He takes up position in between them, as the three heroes face off with the remaining rioters. As sounds of breaking glass and looting continue from within the Sanctum, a few more mean-looking brawlers emerge to square off with Tigra and her friends. One is holding a gleaming golden sword, and the other a short metal staff clutched like a lead pipe.

"Dragonfang... and the Wand of Watoomb," says Wong, massaging his temples. "Oh, you have got to be kidding me."

Next Action: The Watcher

This message was last edited by the player at 20:41, Fri 02 Oct 2020.

Spider-Woman
 player, 4 posts
 Jessica Drew
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 20:53
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
“Oh, for f***’s sake!” Spider-Woman recognized Dragonfang from Vslkyrie’s tenure with the Secret Avengers. “They couldn’t just loot flatscreen TVs, they stole Dr. Strange’s enchanted arsenal!” She shook her head and braced herself.

“Tigra, Wong. Why don’t you handle the clown with the magic Wand? I’ve no shortage of experience fighting men with swords!”
Wong
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 17:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Woman (msg # 356):

Wong nods his head, ready to fight. He looks over at Tigra.

"I trust you remember what power that artifact possesses," he says to the sorceress. "Or were you taking one of your cat naps during that lesson?"
Cloak
 NPC, 5 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 18:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Back in the Darkforce Dimension, Moon Knight's question to Cloak and Dagger hangs in the air for a good, long moment. The monstrous silhouette in the distance crouches, then leaps high into the air, to land on the boulder directly in front of the trio. Caught in the glow from Tandy's form, its dreadful features are visible to all.

It is at least seven feet tall, with twisted horns, greenish fur, and long, spindly limbs. Patchwork armor adorns its winged upper body, descending down the legs which end in cloven feet. The creatures' reddish eyes narrow into slits as it observes Moon Knight, its serpentine tongue dangling from its mouth in apparent hunger.

In front of his companions, Ty's voice is barely more than a whisper.

"He is called the Predator," he says quietly. "And we had thought him dead."
Predator
 NPC, 2 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 18:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"You would do well to think better of one who has given you so much, Tyrone Johnson," growls the demon. It looks from him to Moon Knight, a greedy expression on its bizarre face.

"Hmm... This one's soul would make a most fascinating addition to the Predator's collection." It draws a skeletal finger to its chin, as if lost in its evil thoughts for a moment. "So much darkness in his soul... And yet such a burning desire for justice... So very unlike those of the other killers in my collection."

Finally, it looks to the third member of the group, who huddles close to Moon Knight. "Bah, it shall have to wait. First, I shall exact my toll for your arrival here. You will allow me to feast upon that one's life-force. After all, symbiotes only satisfy one so much." As it grins, one can see a bit of colored symbiote ooze dribbling down its chin.

The demon reaches out toward Dagger, who grips Moon Knight's hand all the more fiercely. Cloak stays in front of them, his raised hand appearing to tell his partners, "Nobody move...!"

"Whatever you do," Tandy breathes. "Don't-- let-- go!" Any sign of her usual levity is gone now as she looks at Marc with eyes full of fear.

She has a point. With the darkness pressing in all around them, it'd be all too easy to get lost in this endless void. Dagger's light is the only refuge to be found within the Predator's domain!

The Predator attempts to instill fear into Moon Knight and his allies.

Solo 3d10
Collector of Souls d8
Menace Master d10

10:52, Today: Predator rolled 6,3,1,5,1 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d8,1d10 ((6,3,1,5,1)). The Predator attempting to instill fear into Moon Knight and his allies.

Total: 11
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Moon Knight)

Reaction Needed: Moon Knight

Next Action: Moon Knight

Moon Knight
 player, 65 posts
 14 XP
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 20:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Nobody's feasting on anyone's life force," Moon Knight, the Fist of Khonshu, growled. If this was a team-up, he needed to protect his team. "Not mine, not the girl's..." He hooked a thumb at Cloak "...not even his."

Moon Knight was a menace expert, but this monster was a master of it. Could he hold his own?

Team d6
Fist of Khonshu d8
Menace Expert d8
Moon Knight rolled 5,1,4 using d6,d8,d8 ((5,1,4)).

Total: 9
(Default) effect die: d4
Opportunities: 1
Plot Points gained: 1
Plot Points Total: 2


No. No he could not. This thing exuded terror like a physical force. It was unlike anything he'd ever faced before. Moon Knight lived in the darkness, but this thing was darkness. He needed light!

Reaching into his belt, Moon Knight removed a small cylinder and popped the end off with his thumb. Light blazed, but not nearly as far as it usually would, being swallowed by the near-impenetrable darkness.

Converting 1 XP to Magnesium Flare Resource.
Predator
 NPC, 3 posts
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 20:44
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 360):

Moon Knight takes d10 Emotional Stress. Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for Moon Knight's opportunity.

Doom Pool: 9d6, 1d8


The Predator appears pleased with the group's reaction as it exudes its dark aura upon them. Even the one with such darkness in his heart-- Moon Knight-- appears to be in over his head. It was always satisfying to experience a mortal's first encounter with a demon. So pleased with itself is the monster, it doesn't notice as Marc reaches into his belt and removes a small, metal tube...

This message was last edited by the player at 21:03, Sat 03 Oct 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 66 posts
 14 XP
Sat 3 Oct 2020
at 21:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"GRAHH!" Moon Knight snarled wordlessly as he popped the cap on the magnesium flare, increasing Dagger's light with his own. He felt fear clutching at his heart but he refused to succumb to it. He was terror, damn it! He'd fought demons before! (Admittedly none quite so powerful as this one, but there had still been a few.) He wasn't going to run and hide!

With all the rage he could muster, Moon Knight used his Superhuman Strength and Stretching ability to strike at the Predator, stabbing the flare at its eyes...!

[Attempting to inflict Blindness complication; -1PP/Opportunity]

Team d6
Dagger's Light (scene distinction) d8
Superhuman strength d10
Stretching d8
Combat Master d10
Resource: Magnesium Flare d8

Moon Knight rolled 5,1,6,2,2,3 using d6,d8,d10,d8,d10,d8 ((5,1,6,2,2,3)).

Total: 11
Effect Die: d10
Opportunities: 1 (+1PP)

[... and now the RNG hates me.]

Predator
 NPC, 4 posts
Sun 4 Oct 2020
at 22:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 362):

The Predator cocks its head at Moon Knight's roar of anger, and raises its gnarled hand. Marc senses something is about to happen, and he knows he has just seconds to act!

The Predator creates a magical defense against Moon Knight's attack.

Solo 3d10
Dagger's Light d8 (Wanting to feed on it)
Sorcery d10

15:33, Today: Predator rolled 7,6,3,8,9 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d8,1d10 ((7,6,3,8,9)). The Predator reacting to Moon Knight's magnesium flare attack.

Total: 16
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

Though the Predator wins with an extraordinary success, he cannot counterattack on this turn due to his Limit.

Limit: Inferior Foes. The Predator never makes an effect die on a reaction unless that hero has previously inflicted stress or a complication on him.

Instead, adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for Moon Knight's opportunity in Msg #362.

Doom Pool: 10d6, 1d8

As the vigilante charges the monster, a barrier of emerald energy materializes in between them. The magnesium flare sparks and flashes, and though the demon shields its eyes from the annoying light, the weapon cannot reach through to cause any real damage. Amusement shines in the dark creatures' eyes as it seems to taunt the hero. Meanwhile, Dagger hangs onto Marc's hand for all she can!

"Don't let go of me!" she repeats. "Without my light to protect you, the darkforce will swallow you up!"

"You amuse me greatly, Marc Spector," hisses the demon. "Perhaps after I finish my meal, you ought to stay a while. I promise you Tandy will survive the experience. Though she may find it... unpleasant."

The beast flashes a quick, hideous grin. "A demon always keeps its word, you know."

Next Action: The Watcher (New turn order)

*Please note that as of my next game post, we are switching to an open turn order, per Msg #224 in the OOC thread.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:02, Sun 04 Oct 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 198 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 00:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Above Yankee Stadium, Carnage and Shriek continue their chat with Domino. Though there's lingering tension in the air from the mercenary's kiss with Kasady, the supervillains remain oddly welcoming.

"Now then," grins Carnage. "You want a shot at these sitting ducks or what?"

He remains in the pilot's seat, but gestures to Domino to inspect the control panel. A bank of toggles and switches marked "WEAPON SYSTEMS" practically begs the mercenary's attention. She still has a clear shot at the villains on the run as they flee the stadium. The truck holds Carrion... Bullseye... Sabertooth, and others. And she'll get a handsome reward for each villain taken out. For a mercenary known for being lucky, she may have just hit the jackpot!

Action available:
Domino (Solo... or Team w/ Carnage & Shriek to gain 1 PP)


***

Down in the stadium, Spider-Man and Venom remain in a standoff with the remaining rioters. Perched atop his webline, Spidey has a clear vantage point of the stadium now, though the lights are out.

"No idea where Shriek is, Spidey!" calls Luke Cage. "I got other problems right now!" He gestures to the fallen Iron Fist, while Misty Knight seems preoccupied trying to figure out what has happened to Daredevil.

Too late, the answer comes to her and anyone else watching, as the mind-controlled Daredevil leaps out of the press box. In a flash, he pounces on the quivering Ben Urich and tosses him over the side of the bleachers!

Actions available:
Daredevil (Solo due to Mind Control complication)
Spider-Man, Venom (Team w/ other heroes)


***

Back at the Sanctum Sanctorum in Greenwich Village, Spider-Woman, Wong, and Tigra continue their own battle against the tide of mayhem swallowing Manhattan. Rioters clutching loose artifacts from Dr. Strange's mystic arsenal advance on the heroines, heedless of the dangers the items possess! Though the Orb of Agamotto rests safely in Tigra's hastily-created symbiote cage, Dragonfang and the Wand of Watoomb remain in unsafe hands!

"We must get those weapons away from them," says Wong with grim determination. "Ideally, without harming them."

Actions available:
Spider-Woman, Tigra (Team w/ Wong)


***

Meanwhile, in the smoke-filled Darkforce Dimension, Moon Knight continues to square off against the Predator. His allies Cloak and Dagger are closeby, with Tandy in the demon's sights as it prepares to feed upon her lifeforce!

"Dammit!" growls Tyrone. "That demon's got total control of this dimension! I can't teleport us out!"

As he spares a glance toward his companions, his expression says it all: there's no choice but to fight!

Action available:
Moon Knight (Team w/ Cloak & Dagger)

Moon Knight
 player, 67 posts
 14 XP
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 00:43
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"If you thought he was dead," Moon Knight said, preparing himself for further conflict, "what beat him to almost-death last time?"

This was insane! How the hell were the supposed to beat a demon who had his own whole dimension? And how were they supposed to do it quickly enough to get back to New York in time to catch Carnage... before he blew up half the city with the Moon-copter?!

"I don't suppose we could make some sort of deal here?" he asked the Predator. "I mean, I'm gonna have a whole bunch of super-villains to get rid of in a little while...."
Predator
 NPC, 5 posts
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 02:29
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Moon Knight (msg # 365):

"Not what beat him," replies Cloak, "But who. Isn't that right, demon?"

"Ah yes, the child refers to Strange," says the Predator. "Indeed, that was a defeat. I, banished from this dimension and stripped of my power, forced to walk the earth. 'So long as he lived,' I believe were his terms. Yet it seems he lives no longer." It extends its arms, gesturing to the empty void around them. "Now I've returned home... though regrettably, without any of the tantalizing souls I found in your world."

The demon's eyes shine brightly as it goes on. "So much evil... so much sin... so many killers, villains, mercenaries and more... all begging to be a part of my collection of souls."

Tandy lets out a gasp as the creature's hooved foot kicks something aside. Tumbling across the giant boulder they stand upon, all can see it: the discarded remains of a symbiote-clad rioter.

"As for these pitiful, weak-minded pawns you brought me..." the monster grins, licking its lips. "I assumed they were just a snack."

"Tandy..." Tyrone begins, already predicting her reaction. "We had no way of knowing..." But Dagger shakes her head, burying her face in Moon Knight's side.

"We thought they'd be safe in here... but we killed them, Cloak!" she whispers. "First, we sent Shriek in here and she lost her mind... that was years ago, and we still haven't learned our lesson!"

"We've been over this, Tandy," replies Tyrone. "Shriek was already psychotic when we found her selling those drugs. It was that cop's bullet to her head that tipped her over the edge! Not what we did!"

Though Tyrone attempts to comfort Tandy, she shrugs him off. Her sobs echo in the endless void around the group as, standing across from her, the demon seems amused by the outburst.

"So then," it continues after a moment. "Unless you've a sorcerer among your ranks, I believe I shall remain quite alive. To feed upon that which sustains me, to make deals as I like, and to serve the darkness."

Satisfied the trio have no way of escape, the creature bores into each of them with its dark gaze, inviting them to offer more.

"And speaking of deals...?"

This message was last edited by the player at 02:31, Mon 05 Oct 2020.

Domino
 player, 73 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 3
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 05:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The two lovebirds remained in their pilot (and co-pilot) seats, somewhat making eyes at each other.
Domino moving over to the aforementioned control panel, and began looking it over.   It wasn't so different from he tank and shipboard controls that she was familiar with, thankfully, and her Combat expertise quickly adapted her thinking to its use.

being a chopper, she could see that there were two missiles, one on each side of the helicopter ... for symmetry and balance.  And, of course, it would fire both simultaneously.
Generally, at the same target.    But not necessarily, as Domino surmised.

Placing herself so that the two idiots couldn't quite see what she was doing at the control panel, her Superhuman Reflexes danced her fingers quickly across the Targetting Systems before her.
She split the control orders, so that both fired at the same time, as usual ... but that one was directed at the truck of villains below, while the other was designed for a return trip, with heat seeking facilities activated.

The kids here hoped that she was playing Buddy-buddy with them, but this was a Solo mission for Domino.
But she could feel Lady Luck on her side.


Action:  Fire them rockets
D8   Solo
D8   Targetting Systems
D10 Supernatural Reflexes
2d8 Combat Mastery
d8   Luck Luck on my side ... Spend 1PP to borrow a Doom Pool Die

- rolled 1,8,5,6,7,3 using d8,d8,d10,d8,d8,d8.
Spend 1PP to use Effect Die against a second target
Spend 1PP to add one die to the Total     ... thats all my 3PP in one action!  Is that permissible?

Total:  21
Effect: d10 ... against both 'truck of fools'  and  'Carnage-copter'
Opportunities: 1

PP: 1
Watcher:  do I get that extra 1PP for cooperating with Carnage as requested, and shooting his family like he asked?
Also, return that Doom Patrol Die as a d6!



"Ok, kids", Domino called to the two 'crazy funsters' in the pilot seats, "Lets have a blast" ... as she punched the launch button.

And, expecting them to turn and watch the excitement out the front window ahead of them, Domino quickly (Spending 1PP) snatched up the Teleporter ... and her Guns (if I've earned that extra PP for working with Carnage) ... and prepared to punch open a nearby door and dive out of the chopper before that second missile returned.


PP:   0
Next:   a Villain, I am guessing the Cackling Cohort here, in response to my action?

This message was last edited by the player at 07:54, Mon 05 Oct 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 68 posts
 14 XP
Mon 5 Oct 2020
at 16:37
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
MK did his best to soothe the distraught, terrified girl who was burying her face in his side, but this was so far outside of his wheelhouse that he didn't know if he would have any positive effect on her at all. Innocent people had died because of Cloak and Dagger's error. She was understandably upset.

Defeating the Predator had required Doctor Strange the last time? Figures. Somehow he didn't think that their current Sorceress Supreme was up to his level yet. Maybe she could do it, or maybe not... but there was no way to reach Tigra to find out without the Predator actually allowing it.

As distasteful as it was, they needed to make a deal with the demon. Otherwise they were just plain screwed. But what could they offer the demon?

"Tell me," Moon Knight said in Stephen Grant's smooth, cultured tone, "what is it you truly desire?"
Spider-Woman
 player, 5 posts
 Jessica Drew
Thu 8 Oct 2020
at 19:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Meanwhile, Back At The Sanctum Sanctorum...

Spider-Woman nodded at Wong. “You two disarm the guys playing with the mystic artifacts.” She cracked her knuckles, “I’ve got the random with the sword.”

Then, propelled by the proportionate strength of her arachnid namesake, Spider-Woman leaped over the crowd toward the man wielding Dragonfang! When she landed, the Dark Angel ducked and weaved to stay ahead of any slashes or sword-strokes. “I know, I know! The shiny sword got your attention, huh?”

Jessica somersaulted over the man’s head, trying to stay several moves ahead of him. She didn’t know if one needed to be an expert swordsman if one wielded the Valkyrie’s enchanted blade. When she stood behind the man, her fists darted rapidly in a flurry of blows. It would hurt, but he’d live. Spider-Woman’s objective was simple: take down the man playing with Dragonfang as swiftly and smoothly as possible.

Non-fatally, but “Painlessly” was optional!

OOC:

Action: Subdue the Rando with Dragonfang!

Team 1d10 + SHIELD Agent 1d8 & Superhuman Stamina 1d10 + Superhuman Reflexes 1d10 + Combat Expert 1d8


22:11, Today: Secret Roll: Spider-Woman rolled 3,7,1,3,5 using 1d10,1d8,1d10,1d10,1d8. Subdue the Rando w/Dragonfang.

12 for the Attack and 1d10 for Effect die.




This message was last edited by the player at 02:37, Tue 13 Oct 2020.

Venom
 player, 10 posts
 PP: 0
 XP: 1
Fri 9 Oct 2020
at 19:00
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom just continues relentlessly dodging and webbing those he could doing his best to halt the incoming tide, "We share ourselves with the preachy heroes yet again. And they abandon the innocent to go protect the guilty! Go stupid Spider find our first born and Venom will find you to clean up as he must always do."


OOC
Team d6
Lethal Protecto D4 +1 pp
Superhuman Reflexes 10
Web-Slinging d6 (-1 PP multipower which steps down webslinging to d4 hence the reroll)
Acrobatic expert

Total: 9
ED: d4
2 Opps

Reaction: Crowd

14:59, Today: Venom rolled 1,1,3,5,4 using d8,d4,d4,d8,d8 ((1,1,3,5,4)).

This message was last edited by the player at 19:01, Fri 09 Oct 2020.

Carnage
 NPC, 25 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 06:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Domino (msg # 367):

Domino regains her Guns d8 die and Teleporter d8 resource. Stepping up 1d6 in the Doom Pool from Domino's opportunity rolled in Msg #367.

Doom Pool: 10d6, 1d8


As the conversation continues, Domino silently re-programs the weapons system to deliver its payload: one missile to be launched at the truck full of villains below, and the other to circle back and strike the Carnage-Copter itself!

"This ain't so bad, is it?" says Kasady to his companions as he reclines in the pilot's seat. "Just the three of us, I mean. And to think, Shriek and I been running around town all day, springing every two-bit killer and criminal from jail just so we could pull them into this family of ours. And for what? Doppel went and got himself a new family. The Bushman died like a total loser. The Purple Man got jumped, and our kids went and quit sports on us!"

As he goes on, the madman's eyes seem oddly calm. It is as though despite all these complaints, he is experiencing the first real peace he's known in quite some time.

"Maybe... yeah! I got it!" he says excitedly. "I think I finally understand this whole 'family' thing! Maybe the key to a nice, happy family is to think small. From now on, the Carnage Family could be just the three of us!"

Shriek scoffs and folds her arms, but as Carnage makes eyes and prods at her, she lets up.

"You know, I have to admit," says the villainess, flashing Domino the faintest of smiles. "She does have guts."

"Say, you're right! Movin' in on another girl's man like that! HA! And hey, ain't she a mutant like you? Hell, the two of you even look alike! You could be sisters for all we know!"

"The mutant part is true," agrees Shriek. "Miss Clever here thought she was so sneaky, getting hold of those files on us. Bet she didn't know we had our own file on her all along. Mutant merc, knows Cable and Deadpool, blah blah..."

"Hey, don't disrespect the lady! Some of the things in that file even made Ol' Cletus Kasady blush! Domino's twice the killer that Moon Guy will ever be. Too bad I had to blow him up. He was just the right kind of crazy to fit in here!"

"Oh honey, let's not think about that nasty old Moon Knight," says Shriek soothingly. "Now's the time to celebrate! Look, the fireworks are starting!"

She points down to the field, where the first of the two missiles bears down on its target: Carrion's truck!

Continued in next post.
Carnage
 NPC, 26 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 06:32
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Carnage grins and leans forward in his seat, rubbing his hands together as he watches the missiles descend on the stadium courtesy of Domino.

"Oh, this ought to be good! Looks like we'll get to draft some new players soon! And this time, I'm going with some real heavy hitters!"

He blinks, rubbing at the corners of his eyes as he squints into the darkness. He flicks on the aircraft's spotlight, bathing the field below in its blinding white glow.

Lights Out scene distinction removed.

"Say, is that one turning around...?"

He breaks into a huge grin, right as the various screens in the helicopter's cabin begin to glow red. Suddenly, every monitor in the ship is flashing the alert, "INCOMING WARHEAD!" Alarm buzzers pierce the air all around the trio.

"Oh Neena, I couldn't be more proud of you. But if you think I'm gonna go down that easy... you're even crazier than I am!"

He grabs hold of the controls, his eyes gleaming with fiery madness as he erupts into laughter!

Carnage piloting the Carnage-Copter out of the path of Domino's missile... to re-direct it at Yankee Stadium.

3d10 (Large Scale Threat)
Hijacked Helicopter d8
Sensors d8
Vehicle Rookie d6

20:50, Today: Carnage rolled 6,2,9,3,7,5 using 1d10,d10,1d10,1d8,1d8,1d6. Carnage-Copter pilot trying to re-direct the second missile toward the stadium.

Total: 22
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 0

The Carnage-Copter wins. Spent 1d8 doom to add a 3rd die to the total (d8 that rolled 7). What happens with the missiles will play out in the next few posts.

Doom Pool: 10d6


As Domino prepares to eject, Carnage punches the gas, slamming everyone back in their seats! Suddenly, the Carnage-Copter is accelerating to its top speed, barreling toward the approaching missile!

"WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, BABY! HAHAHAHA!"

The last of the clouds part in the wake of the soaring aircraft, and it flies into full view of the stadium. Carnage descends on the arena like a hawk on its next meal. He puts the vehicle into a steep dive... and the last second, he yanks on the controls and barely skims over the top of the incoming missile! It reverses course, heading after the Carnage-Copter. But this time, the pilot pulls into an ascent, doing a loop-de-loop to throw the missile clear off its course...

... And directly at the heroes in the stadium!

Carnage's action is to add his Superhuman Reflexes d10 die into the Doom Pool.

"Looks like this is your stop," laughs Shriek. She hits a button and the aircraft doors open while she aims her other hand at Domino. A sonic blast hits the mercenary, tossing her out of the aircraft and into the stadium!

Shriek's action is to add her "Carnage Groupie" d8 distinction to the Doom Pool, using her Noise Pollution SFX to step it up to d10.

Doom Pool: 10d6, 2d10


The Watcher
 GM, 200 posts
Sat 10 Oct 2020
at 06:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
From his perch atop the webline, Spider-Man is the first to see what's coming.

At first, he's too busy dealing with the mob below him. Venom is shouting more derogatory things at the web-head, probably because he's mad he didn't think of Spidey's idea first. He can web-sling too-- there's no reason he has to stay down there taking his chances in a close-quarters brawl. But that was always Brock's style: charging in blind, never thinking ahead. That was how he had gotten jumped by Carnage's gang and thrown in the back of that truck... and the reason all the heroes were here in the first place. Yet Parker doesn't have long to be pleased with himself before more things start to go wrong. (And really, what more could possibly go wrong on a night like this?)

<THWIPP!>

Spidey looks over to see the Doppelganger suddenly beside him, balancing atop the web "tightrope" in a crude handstand.

"Circus?" he croaks, flipping onto his feet. He reaches behind his back with his six arms and produces several pumpkin bombs, juggling them in the air. Where did he even get those things?!

Pumpkin Bombs scene distinction added.

If Spider-Man lets out an exasperated sigh, it would be easy to see why. Bad enough that his new companion keeps following him around everywhere... but now he appears to have gained the web-head's sense of humor, too. The strange being is having so much fun, he doesn't seem to notice that the razor-edged webline he created has begun to cut through Spidey's own! He is about to scold the creature... but then his spider-sense goes off like a siren!

And that is when he turns to see--

--Could that really be--?!

Yes, it's a pair of gobsmacking MISSILES barreling toward the stadium, right out of the sky!!

"Fire...works?" rasps Doppel, cocking its head to the side and pointing at the incoming projectiles. One is heading right toward Carrion's truck full of supervillains... and the other, straight for the heroes and rioting civilians!

(Looks like this night is getting worse after all.)

Spending 2d10 doom to add a Timer Complication to the scene: Inbound Missiles 2d10

Suggested action: Spider-Man

Spider-Man
 player, 31 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 02:11
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Seeing the missiles quickly flying towards the stadium, Spider-Man has no time to comment on Doppelganger's attempt at humor.

Oh, no! I don't think I can stop both of those missiles! I'll have to try to save the civilians first!

With his Doppel's webline cutting into his, Spidey feels his height dip slightly as it begins to give way.

No good! This web is about to snap!

Pulling on his web with sharp and sudden strength, Spider-Man leverages himself to a wide arc jump over Doppel. The webline snaps as he does this, and the thick line of grey web falls, lost under the stomping feet of the angry mob below. Mid arc, he fires another web, this time grabbing a pumpkin bomb from a confused Doppelganger's grasp.

"Doppel! Look out!"

This is all Spider-Man has time to say, but thankfully he's able to react much faster than he can speak. As the pumpkin bomb is grabbed, the Web-Head twists in the air, quickly spinning the webbed bomb in a circle around him. After spinning several rotations, Spider-Man releases the bomb in the direction of the missile headed for the civilians.

The centrifugal force gave me a little more power to that throw. Please let it be enough!

The arc in Spider-Man's jump places him between the missile and Doppelganger, but can he protect himself if it explodes?

Attempt to attack Inbound Missiles 2d10

Starting PP: 2

Affiliation: Buddy d10
Distinction: Pumpkin Bombs d8
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Strength d12 (step up d10 +1)
SFX: Second Wind. Before you make an action including a Spider-Powers power, you may move your physical stress die to the doom pool and step up the Spider-Powers power by +1 for this action.
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Web-Slinging d8
Specialties: Acrobatic Master d10

20:51, Today: Spider-Man rolled 10,5,6,7,4 using d10,d8,d12,d8,d10.

Spending 1 PP to keep additional total die and 1 PP to keep additional effect die to target the second missile

Total: 23
Effect: d12, d10
Opportunities: 0
Remaining PP: 0

The Watcher
 GM, 203 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 02:48
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Stepping up 2d6 in the Doom Pool for Venom's 2 opportunities in Msg #370. Add 1d6 doom for Spidey's use of the Second Wind SFX in Msg #374.

Doom Pool: 9d6, 2d8


Yankee Stadium:

As Ben Urich disappears over the railing with a cry of distress, Daredevil suddenly hears it: the thin whine of aircraft rotors over the stadium. It pierces through the mental fog placed on him by his enemy, sharp enough to bring him the faintest moment of clarity. Somewhere on the furthest reaches of his mind, he hears the chopper's motor rev up as it descends on the stadium, raining down destruction. This micro-second of awareness isn't much, but it's all DD's got: a now-or-never instant to help him break the Purple Man's hold and save his friend. There might even be time to shout a warning to the others-- or to Killgrave-- or to whomever he can convince himself is his true ally!

On the field, Spider-Man has clutched a hand to his temple, staring at something up in the sky. It could be his spider-sense going off, but knowing Parker, maybe he's just spacing out on the job. Either way, Venom is too busy with the mob of angry Carnage look-alikes right now to worry about that. He knows others might think him a fool, choosing to stay down here and fight when he could just as easily flee upon a web-line. But from where Brock is standing, both Parker and the Doppelganger seem to be little more than cowards! Time to show them the proper way to deal with the city's madness... not by fleeing, but by force!

Mob reacts to Venom's attempt to web them up.

Team 5d6
Psychically Manipulated d4 (No strategy, just trying to out-berserk Venom)
Swarm d8

18:24, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 4,3,5,6,6,2,6 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((4,3,5,6,6,2,6)). Mob reacting to Venom's attempt to web them up.

Total: 12
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 0

Mob wins. Stepping up 1d6 in the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Psychically Manipulated" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 8d6, 3d8

Venom does his best to web up the mob of attackers, but there are just too many of them. They jeer and taunt at him as they shove and smother him, bloodshot eyes popping at him from behind their Carnage masks. The fact his opponents all look like Brock's most hated enemy, Cletus Kasady, makes it all the more difficult to hold back against them. If only he could find Shriek, the one brainwashing them into this frenzy, he could take the problem out at the source! And that's when Venom shields his eyes, as the whole stadium is bathed in a blinding light from some sort of Carnage-themed aircraft...?

The last thing Brock sees before the explosions hit is Spider-Man leaping into the sky toward a pair of missiles, hurling a bomb at the descending warheads in a last-minute save...!

The Darkforce Dimension:

As Dagger slowly pulls herself together, the demon in front of the group appears to take interest in something she had said. For a moment, the ancient being ignores Moon Knight's query, lost in its own thoughts.

"Hmm, yes... The child speaks of Frances Barrison. I seem to recall that woman indeed lost her sanity by my hand, not so many years past."

The Predator extends a hand, palm up. Motes of emerald light coalesce around it, forming into a luminescent globe. Smoke swirls within the sphere, forming into the loose outline of a human figure. Slowly, details become visible as it shapes itself into a familiar countenance: the villainess of whom the monster speaks. Gazing into it, one gets the sense they are observing real events, as Shriek speaks to some unseen companion beside her... in what looks to be the stolen Mooncopter!

"Ah, what bloody task occupies her now? Hard to tell with so dark a mind as hers. All the more remarkable, as she kills not for money, or for glory, but for love. Yes, souls like hers are rare indeed."

As the demon grins at Cloak and Dagger, it is plain to see the comment is refering to the two of them as well.

"No!" Tyrone says. "That was an accident! We don't kill... not for each other, not for love, not for any reason!"

"No soul is wholly untainted, my child," replies their horned host. "Take your companion here, for instance. I've not seen a soul as twisted, or as maddened, since my most desired soul escaped my grasp."

The creature's eyes take on a far-off look as it gazes at Moon Knight, wistfully recalling some past events too dark for any mortal being to dare inquire.

"Yes, Marc Spector, perhaps a deal is in order. I have peered into many dark hearts, and collected the souls of countless killers."

The light-globe shifts, changing into different beings. Unlike Shriek, these ones appear to be trapped within the Predator's "collection." They flail and struggle to be free, to no avail.

"Attila the Hun... Vlad the Impaler... Jack the Ripper, and more. But none ever seemed to complete my collection quite so much as that of Frances Barrison's lover..."

Still clutching Moon Knight's hand, Tandy tenses up as the monster speaks the dreaded name she and her companions know all too well is about to be said.

"Yes, I speak of the one called Cletus Kasady."

@Spider-Woman, Tigra Next post will be a follow-up for both of you.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:49, Tue 13 Oct 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 69 posts
 14 XP
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 04:59
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"As far as I'm concerned, you can have him," Moon Knight said without hesitation. He was planning to kill Kasaday or die trying. Feeding him to a Demon Lord seemed especially fitting. "I can't guarantee what condition he'll be in, though. Lots of broken bones, probably."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:41, Wed 14 Oct 2020.

Daredevil
 player, 56 posts
 PPs: 2* (from msg #339)
 XPs: 11
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 10:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Ben falls, Daredevil staggers backwards, holding his head. The journalist is dead! Mission accomplished! Finally! One less -- "Arrrgggh!" Daredevil cries. Just ride it out, he thinks. What the Purple Man wanted -- Done. So get it out of your system. Just -- The hero -- or once-hero -- writhes on his feet, nearly falling, catching himself, twisting his body like it will help get the influence out of his head, willing his limbs to come under his control again, forcing his arms, his legs, his head to do what he wants them to, focusing on the clamor of the nearby news-crews for the noise to crowd out the noise in his head, reaching out his wobbling radar sense in a desperate attempt to get any kind of equilibrium, as if balance will help. He's dead. DEAD. "AARRRGGGHHH!" he wails. "Get -- out -- !" he moans, his muscles growing weak with the intense, concentrated effort. He stumbles again, barely righting himself, only for a spasm to force him to face upward again. DEAD.

Attack on Mind Control Complication:
Solo    d10
News Crews    d8
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12* (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Psych Expert    d8
Keen Awareness of Surroundings Asset/Opportunity/Power Stunt    d10
Protective Charm Complication (Purple Man)    d6

Daredevil rolls 2,2,12,2,9,2 using d10,d8,d12,d8,d10,d6 ((2,2,12,2,9,2)).

Total: 21; Effect: d10

PPs: 2 (starting; from msg #344) -1 (Radar Sense SFX) = 1

Tigra
 player, 36 posts
Sat 17 Oct 2020
at 19:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Symba was getting ready to pounce on that guy holding the Wand of Watoomb, but then Tigra grabbed a nearby book, Using Ancient Trinkets. She flipped through pages until the Orb of Agamotto came up.

Wong looked preoccupied, “What are you doing? You are not advanced enough.”

“Excuse me? Have a little faith. I’m no Stephen, but I’m learning. We can just call upon Agamotto’s power with his Orb thingy. Look at the state of this place, and he probably wouldn't want this Orb of his in such a run down place." Tigra showed Wong a picture of people looking hypnotized, "Look, says we can make people hear or see things with the Orb. Maybe the Orb of Agamotto can help these guys hear common sense and put things away gently."

Symba brought up the Orb in the goopy cage to Tigra’s eye level.

Tigra held her hands around the cage. “Ahem, Mr. Agamotto, Sir, I call upon you and your power to the Orb to protect its sacred holding place.”

Tigra-Symbiote’s hands began glowing,an unsettled Symba growlwed, "Your strange witch powers are working."
Tigra focused on the mob, specifically on the guy holding the Wand of Watoomb, telepathically reaching out to them.

Rolling for a stunt, Tigra is using the Orb of Agamotto to make the brainwashed peeps taking items hear auditory hallucinations of their parents, “Well, look at you kiddo, looks like you’ve got your late night fun with your new birthday presents. Lets have you gently put away all your new toys for tomorrow, and head off to bed.”

Paying 1 PP to make d8 Bedtime stunt by calling upon Agamotto’s power through the Orb of Agamotto to make the crowd think they are children going to sleep.

Team d10
Mystical Legend d4 (feeling overconfident)
Telepathy d8
Mystic Master 2d8
Bedtime d8 stunt


Summoner Supreme Milestone
3 XP when you use Mystic Master or Supreme Sorcery to call on an entity from another plane of existence as a resource or stunt.

12:48, Today: Tigra rolled 10,4,1,6,2,3 using d10,d4,d8,d8,d8,d8.  Bedtime stunt for mob holding the Wand of Watoomb.

Total: 10+6=16
Effect: d8
Plot points total: 3-1 for Stunt = 2+1 from d4 =4
Opportunities: 1
XP: 3 from milestone

The Watcher
 GM, 205 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 13:55
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Spider-Man (msg # 374):

How long is an instant?

The answer depends just as heavily on the identity of the listener as anything else. For a speedster, or teleporter, or time-controller, there are a variety of responses. An instant could be plenty of time for such a hero to work with. It could be enough time to get the innocent out of harm's way, remove an approaching threat, and plan a solid counterattack against the enemy behind it.

But for Spider-Man, it is far less than that. The instant of awareness granted to him by his spider-sense gives him just enough time to turn his head to the sky. It is enough time, also, to see the descending warheads and realize just how many lives are at stake if they are allowed to hit the stadium. It is enough time to realize that Domino has just been dropped from the screeching aircraft to share his own fate, and that Daredevil is off somewhere fighting his own battle. Realizing this, Parker's inventive mind kicks into overdrive.

With Venom and the other remaining heroes pinned down by the mob, Peter looks over to see the Doppelganger juggling his pumpkin bombs and decides that his best shot at saving the day lies there: fighting fire with fire. The hero flips, fires the web-line true, and hurls the bombs skyward... with a last-second prayer that tonight can end in anything less than maximum carnage!

07:53, Tue 13 Oct: The Watcher rolled 1,5,5,4,2,1,4,3,3,5,1,7,8 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10,1d10.  Does Spidey succeed in taking out the missiles?

Total: 20
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 3 (Available first to Spider-Man)

Spider-Man succeeds in eliminating both of the missiles. Inbound Missiles 2d10 Timer Complication is removed from the scene. Mob 5d6 is also removed, for narrative reasons.


Though Spider-Man doesn't see it, the other heroes and villains alike have noticed his desperate move. They watch in shock as the explosives collide in mid-air, unable to help or get away themselves. Caught near the blast, Spider-Man prepares himself for the end, knowing there's no way he'll survive... until a web-line snags his ankle and pulls him away in the nick of time!

THOOM!! THOOM!!

Impact. A huge ball of fire erupts over the stadium, bathing everyone in its blinding glow and heat. The arena quakes from the shock-wave, and the bones of everyone in it rattle from the sheer physical forces unleashed. A deep rumble moves through the area as the ground heaves and buckles, with deep cracks appearing in the earth. Flaming debris falls onto the player's field, igniting the grass in numerous places. In the blink of an eye, the entire baseball park has transformed into something more resembling a war-zone.

Yet when the explosions cease and the dust settles... Yankee Stadium still stands.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:26, Sun 18 Oct 2020.

Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 5 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 14:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 379):

Doppelganger's razor-edged web-line pulls Spider-Man safely, if a bit painfully, to the ground. The hunched being gathers Spidey in his arms for a moment, making sure he isn't too badly scorched from the explosions, before setting him back on his feet. Doppel points to a small, ring-shaped cut on Parker's ankle, uttering a small noise of distress at the sight of it.

"Hurt... Spider," he croaks. "Doppel... is... sorry."

But with having just survived those massive explosions, the web-head might hardly notice. The impact from the blast appears to have shaken the rioting citizens out of whatever spell Shriek had them under, too. One man pulls off his Carnage mask and hurls it to the ground, pointing to Spider-Man as he rallies the other citizens. "Did you guys just see that?! Spider-Man saved our lives from those missiles!" A cheer moves through the crowd, and they let go of Venom, allowing him to stagger away to safety.

Mob of Rioters 5d6 removed from the scene.

Doppelganger watches in awe as the residents of NYC surround his counterpart, patting him on the back and cheering his name. The news crews, up until now taking part in the mad riots, snap out of their daze and return to practicing their profession. They make their way over to the hero, shoving an array of microphones and cameras towards him as they clamor for his attention. No one seems to take notice of the strange, six-armed figure nearby, or the small role he played in helping against the threat. Doppel hangs back awkwardly, letting the hero enjoy his moment in the spotlight, and perhaps wishing he could feel what the web-head is feeling right now.

Not far away, Domino has made it safely to the ground via the use of her teleporter. Thankfully, the helicopter had been close to the ground when she got pushed out. As Deadpool had once explained, you couldn't always rely on 'porting tech to survive a high fall. If you weren't careful with the settings, you might appear in your new location with the exact same inertia you had when you left! And he should know, spending time around well-known 'porters like Cable, Nightcrawler, and the like. Thankfully, the mercenary knows her gear well, and she stands ready to take on the coming threat!

This message was last edited by the player at 16:09, Sun 18 Oct 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 206 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 15:02
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 377):

Up in the darkness of the stands, away from the news crews and their lights and cameras, Daredevil fights his private battle against the corruption taking over his mind. Utter bedlam has just arrived above the stadium in the form of a pair of exploding missiles, giving off a deafening shockwave that rattles the blind vigilante to his core. Through the noise, he barely makes out a shout from closeby as the ensuing impact knocks the Purple Man clear off his perch. He had been standing atop the rooftop of the press box, with a clear view of Daredevil as he flung Ben Urich to his doom-- just as was ordered. But now the villain is in free-fall, plunging to certain death. Maybe Daredevil or the Black Cat will save him from the fall... and maybe they won't. In either case, the villain is stopped for the moment from strengthening his domination of Murdock's mind. Now, the rest is up to the hero.

Doom Pool's reaction to Daredevil attempting to break free of the Purple Man's influence.

Doom Pool: 8d6, 3d8
Mind Control d10 complication

07:47, Today: The Watcher rolled 3,3,4,4,3,6,1,4,4,5,8,2 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10((3,3,4,4,3,6,1,4,4,5,8,2)). Doom Pool reaction to Daredevil attempting to break the Purple Man's mind control.

Total: 14
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Daredevil)

Daredevil wins with an extraordinary success. Mind Control d10 complication removed. DD, you may spend 1 PP to add an extra effect die inflicting Mental Stress on the Purple Man if you want.


With a shout of determination, Daredevil breaks free of the remaining psycho-active compounds placed on him by Killgrave. It's as though a fog has suddenly lifted from his mind, and he's back in the driver's seat of his own body. His radar sense, so dulled from the tunnel vision given him by Purple Man's overpowering command, roars suddenly back to life. The smoke from the explosions, the smell of the symbiotic pilot in the helicopter above the stadium, and the nearby Black Cat's perfume all collide in his brain in a jumble of scents and and images. But what he really focuses on are the two most pressing matters: is Killgrave worth saving, and is there still any hope that Ben lives?!
Mob of Rioters
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 15:41
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Tigra (msg # 378):

Stepping up 2d6 in the Doom Pool from Spider-Woman's opportunity in Msg #369 and Tigra's opportunity in Msg #378.

Doom Pool: 5d6,5d8


The man with the sword eyes Spider-Woman with contempt as she flips above him, avoiding his wide, reckless slashes.

"Grr... Stay still so I can hit ya!!"

The man beside him ducks as the sword nearly cleaves his head off. "Hey, watch it with that thing!" he shouts, raising the Wand of Watoomb. "Ya almost took my head off!"

The two men round on each other, each raising his own artifact in a prepared strike. This doesn't look good. Who knows what will happen if these magical weapons collide? Spider-Woman decides she had better move in fast to prevent any worse injury. The results will be painful indeed, but it's better to subdue them fast than risk some kind of big magical explosion. (That was almost always how this type of thing went.)

The Mob reacts to Spider-Woman's attack first (Total: 12, Effect: d10).

Mob 3d6
Loose Artifacts 1d4 (Fighting over them)
Swarm d8

08:10, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 2,6,3,4,1 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8.  Mob reacting to Spider-Woman's flurry of punches.

Total: 10
Effect: d6
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Spider-Woman)

Spider-Woman wins and takes out 1d6 from the Mob, reducing it to Mob 2d6. Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Loose Artifacts" scene distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 6d6,5d8


Jessica darts in, pummeling the man holding Dragonfang with a series of quick jabs and strikes. He drops the blade and it clatters to the pavement, where she kicks it away out of his reach. Wong moves quickly to recover the artifact, magically levitating it out of the reach of the other rioters. He's so intent on getting it to safety, he doesn't realize the man holding the Wand now has a clear shot at Ms. Drew until it's already too late.

Thankfully, Tigra is on it. Seeing the approaching mob is packing some serious magical heat, the Sorceress Supreme cleverly decides to make use of her own mystic weaponry. The Orb of Agamotto shimmers and glows, casting a wave of psychic energy upon the rioters. The sorceress pours her focus into the act, trying to cast an illusion upon the remaining citizens that will make them forget their urge to plunder and destroy. Instead, they will relive some fond memories that may just lull them right to sleep!

Mob reacts to Tigra's attempt to pacify them with the Orb of Agamotto. (Total: 16, Effect: d8)

Mob 2d6
Psychically Manipulated d4 (Adding more confusion beyond Shriek's control)
Swarm d8

08:26, Today: Mob of Rioters rolled 5,4,2,3 using 1d6,1d6,1d4,1d8 ((5,4,2,3)). Mob reacting to Tigra's attempt to pacify them with the Orb.

Total: 9
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 0

Tigra wins with an extraordinary success. Mob 2d6 is removed from the scene. Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for the Mob's use of the "Psychically Manipulated" distinction at d4.

Doom Pool: 7d6,5d8


"Say, mama... bedtime sounds like a great idea," says the man with the Wand, falling into the arms of his only remaining companion. "I'm so sleepy."

"Can we have some milk and cookies before bed?" asks the man floored by Spider-Woman from his place sprawled out on the pavement.

"Come," beckons Wong to the heroines, levitating the pacified rioters into the air behind him as he turns to enter the Sanctum. "We have a few spare beds in the infirmary for these poor souls."

Spider-Woman and Tigra turn to follow, with the Orb hovering behind the sorceress as they go.

"There is much to discuss," says Tigra's mentor as they tread down the halls, past all manner of smashed statues and items of value. "And not much time. I fear for this city, and for our friends."

This message was last edited by the player at 16:12, Sun 18 Oct 2020.

Predator
 NPC, 6 posts
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 15:54
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Back in the Darkforce Dimension...

"I believe I do have a contract that should serve nicely," says the Predator in response to Moon Knight's affirmative. He raises a beast-like hand and there is an audible *poof* as a scroll of parchment appears in his free hand. He pores over it intently, unraveling the long spool of paper slowly. Occasionally, his smile twitches, or he gives a satisfied nod at some passage he reads.

"Yes, excellent. Shall we go with that arrangement, then? I allow you to pass through my realm unharmed, and in return, you shall bring me back the soul I desire?"

In his free hand, the soul-prison globe vanishes, replaced by an ink-tipped feather. He idly scrawls upon the parchment, smiling warmly as he gives it his signature.

"Examine it as long as you like. The terms are... negotiable," the monster grins. For all his fear-inspiring appearance, he is currently giving off the vibe of a used car-salesman more than anything. "Though once they are agreed upon, they may never be broken. On penalty of death... or worse. You know how we demons take this kind of thing quite seriously."

Cloak and Dagger stare in amazement as, having signed the document, the demon turns it over to Moon Knight.

"You... aren't really going to do this, are you?" blinks Tandy.

"Oh, but he had better, my child," growls the demon. "If he and the two of you have any hope of leaving here alive."

The Predator's action is to add his Menace Master d10 into the Doom Pool.

Doom Pool: 7d6,5d8,1d10

This message was last edited by the player at 16:03, Sun 18 Oct 2020.

Moon Knight
 player, 70 posts
 14 XP
Sun 18 Oct 2020
at 16:05
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Do you have a better idea?" Moon Knight asked Tandy. She was a sweet kid, but naive. The world was a dark and dirty place, and her light didn't really amount to much in comparison. "Because I don't foresee the three of us fighting our way out of this. And I've been known to roll the dice on some seriously narrow odds."

He felt for Tandy, really. Making a deal with a demon wasn't really tops on Moon Knight's bucket list, either. He was crazy, not stupid. But Cloak had dragged him into a no-win situation, and this was the only way he could think of to at least break even.

He began to carefully read the terms of the contract. He wasn't going to get caught up in some obscure clause or fine print. Again: crazy, not stupid.
Purple Man
 NPC, 6 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 01:19
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the explosions rock the stadium, Daredevil performs an immediate scan of his surroundings. His thoughts race as if things are happening in slow-motion...

"D-don't just stand there!" cries the Purple Man as he teeters over the rooftop railing of the press box. Not long ago, it was Ben Urich forced over by the mind-controlled Daredevil. "SAVE ME!"

It is the villain's last, feeble attempt to assert control over the hero. But what he doesn't know is that Murdock is done taking orders. What he does next is up to him... and him alone.

"Just let him go!" shouts the Black Cat from somewhere nearby. It's as though she can already sense what Matt is thinking. "He deserves it for what he's done!"

Yes, with Killgrave's focus disrupted by the shockwave-- his loose pheromones vaporized and scattered to the winds-- he has no hope of re-asserting his control in time. There is no telling what happens now. Is it putting too much faith in the Black Cat that she could be convinced to swing to the villain's rescue? Is there still any hope of saving Ben from the same deadly fall?

Multiple lives hang in the balance of Daredevil's next decision. Even if he could make it in time, has the horned hero enough mercy in his heart that he might opt to save Killgrave's life himself? As he plummets to what will be his certain death, the villain might well be counting on it! This night has seen more than its share of horrors, all too many of them unleashed by this mind-manipulator... and it will be a sorely unpleasant feeling indeed to grant him the mercy he so gladly denied others!

Purple Man's action is to send his Psych Master d10 into the Doom Pool.

Doom Pool: 7d6,5d8,2d10

Action Available: Daredevil (Start of a new round)

Daredevil
 player, 57 posts
 PPs: 2* (from msg #339)
 XPs: 11
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 08:40
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage


When Daredevil stops convulsing, his ears are ringing and he's dizzy. But the ringing is minor, more like the remnant of a loud sound than mental anguish, and to be able to stop his upright seizures means that at long last he has control over his limbs again. He shakes off the dizziness because he knows there's work to do and he puts the ringing out of his mind. Throwing Ben over the side of the stadium feels like he was sensing someone else do it, but the sensations of the weight of his friend's body and the effort from his muscles then the physical relief of having done it is fresh and familiar. He starts toward where he threw his friend but on the periphery of his radar sense he picks up the shape of the Purple Man -- a fellow human being -- also going over the edge on the opposite side!

Next Action: Venom
The Watcher
 GM, 208 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 16:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As the dust settles on the stadium, the entire arena has been transformed. A large semi-crater occupies the field, and much of the surrounding ground is misshapen from the quaking and buckling of the foundation. Small fires dot the area as loose debris shaken free of the upper levels continues to burn. A smell of charred plastic and metal hangs in the air. Yankee Stadium now looks like a sports arena from hell... and that's just how Carnage wanted it!

And speaking of that place, there is no sign of the Ghost Rider anywhere in the aftermath of the missiles' explosion over the stadium. Near a huge pile of rubble, a small cluster of civilians are pointing and staring at the last known spot he was standing next to his idling Hellcycle (forbidden from use in the baseball game). News reporters seem to be getting these folks' eyewitness reports, coaxing them to speak through their shock and stupor:

"The flaming-head guy... He shoved us out of the way... and the falling rubble crushed him...!"

Others were hurt by the ensuing shockwave too. Carrion's truck full of villains had nearly made it clear of the stadium, but it now lies flat on its side. Half of the cab is badly smashed, as though it were struck by more of the falling rubble. It appears the villains are trapped inside for now. Anyone listening can hear Sabertooth snarling from within: "Sloppy driving, Carrion!"

But they can be dealt with in time. Right now, a celebratory cheer rings out as the people of Manhattan hail the hero who saved them from certain death:

"Spi-dey! Spi-dey! Spi-dey!"

The Doppelganger continues trying to tend to the wound on Parker's ankle-- given him by the creature's barbed webline-- when he is accidentally shouldered aside by Peter's friends.

"You know, you really should leave heroics like that to the professionals," smirks Iron Fist, giving Spider-Man a pat on the back.

"Lord knows the Heroes for Hire could use this kind of press," agrees Luke Cage, gesturing to the many news-folk clamoring for Spider-Man's attention.

"Aw, let the web-head have his moment," says Misty Knight. "He just saved all our butts... and theirs."

Yes, with the missile crisis averted, one could be forgiven for thinking the danger had passed. But what none of these civilians and reporters know, having just awoken from the psychic spell placed upon them by Shriek, is that those missiles were just the beginning! For what has since become of the Carnage-Copter after it made its pass over the stadium...?

Next post will set the stage for Daredevil, Domino, Spider-Man, and Venom's actions.
Carnage
 NPC, 27 posts
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 16:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Spending 1d10 doom to add the Carnage-Copter to the scene as a Large Scale Threat.

Doom Pool: 7d6, 5d8, 1d10


The faint, faraway whine of the chopper's engine rises to a louder pitch as the aircraft doubles back over the ruined stadium!

"Now that's what I call a remodeling!" cackles a voice from the aircraft's loudspeaker. "Don't worry, taxpayers, it only cost a few lives! HAHA! Now, Shriek, let's see who's come out to play!"

The Carnage-Copter begins to hover in place a safe distance above the figures below. Its spotlight flicks on again, shining its bright beam over the field as it narrows in on the assembly...

New Scene Distinctions:
Roving Spotlight
Mounds of Rubble
Innocent Bystanders


"Tell me, Domino... you didn't really turn the Carnage Family down so you could join up with these goody two-shoes, did you?" says Kasady, the disgust in his voice cutting through the static.

"Is that Spider-Man and Venom down there, rocking the same onesie? And that little traitor Doppel? All teaming up to stop my fun?!"

There is a mechanical clanking as the side-mounted cannons on the 'copter rotate, taking aim at the cluster of heroes and vigilantes on the field below.

"Well, Spider-Man, I'll say hello to your little friends... if you say hello to mine! HAHAHAHA!"

Without further grandstanding, he opens fire with the chopper's twin chain-guns, spraying the field with a hail of gunfire!

The Carnage-Copter fires bullets at Domino, Spider-Man, and Venom.

3d10 (Large Scale Threat)
Hijacked Helicopter d8
Weapon Systems d8
Combat Expert d8

SFX: Area Attack. Target multiple opponents.  For every additional target, add d6 and keep +1 effect die.

08:56, Today: Carnage rolled 7,6,9,3,6,1,1,3 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d6,1d6 ((7,6,9,3,6,1,1,3)).

Total: 16
Effect: d10 to Domino, d8 to Spider-Man and Venom
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Domino, Spider-Man, and/or Venom)

Reactions Needed: Domino, Spider-Man, and Venom

Actions Available: Daredevil (from Msg #385), Domino, Spider-Man, Venom

Domino
 player, 74 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 0
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 21:12
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino rolled as she hit the ground, having been ejected from the Carnage-Copter.   Instinctively, her Guns were in her hands.

As Carnage turned the chain-guns on her, and the others nearby, Domino moved with Superhuman Reflexes to get inn among the Mounds of Rubble for cover.
Her Combat skills giving her an edge, here; as she was used to this kind of situation ... and even as she dove for cover, she was instinctively shooting back at the threat.


REACTION to Carnage (Total: 16) Attack
d6   Team
d8   Mounds of Rubble
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
d10 Combat Mastery

- rolled 1,2,8,10 using d6,d8,d10,d10.  Reaction to Carnage attack.
Total: 18
Effect: d8

SFX: Domino Effect. On a successful reaction against a physical stress attack action, inflict physical stress with your effect die.

PP: 1


Next:  Spidey and Venom

Venom
 player, 12 posts
 PP: 0
 XP: 1
Mon 26 Oct 2020
at 22:42
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom stubbornly doesn't try to protect himself but the fleeing crowd as he attempts to use his strength, reflexes, and webbing to pull the nearby debris to shield them from Carnage's insanity. His injuries at their hands making him sloppy.



Team d6
Lethal Protector or Debris d4 +1 PP
Superhuman Reflexes d10
Superhuman strength d10 (-1 PP Multipower -1 effect into d8)
Web-Slinging d6 ( Multipower -1 effect into d4)

Total: 9
Ed: D8
2 Opps
+1 & -1 PP = 0 PP


18:36, Today: Venom rolled 5,4,1,4,1 using d6,d4,d10,d8,d4 ((5,4,1,4,1)).

Daredevil
 player, 58 posts
 PPs: 2* (from msg #339)
 XPs: 11
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 09:10
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Daredevil doesn’t have time to give it another thought. If he’s going to save both of these men -- when leaving another moment could doom them both -- then he has to snap into action now. The chance is a long-shot but it may be the only one he -- or either of them -- has.

Though it’s a practiced motion to hurl his billy-club to wrap around an object at a distance -- in this case the Purple Man -- it’s the next level (and essential use of his radar sense) to have the club come back, trailing the rope after it wraps around its target (also not the first time his target of ensnarement has been a human being; and an entanglement to take care of the villain after his hide gets saved) to have it swing back then past him and over the railing behind him, to reach a desperate life-line to Ben. From there, if Ben drops then it would pull up the Purple Man, doing the devil’s work for him. If it works. Before he can even calculate the odds, Daredevil has already thrown the billy club!

If saving your life sacrifices Ben’s, Daredevil thinks, without the time to speak it aloud. Then maybe I’ll drop you from here myself, and not giving it another moment to consider if he really would do it.

Converting 3 XPs to 3 PPs

Daredevil creates Save Purple Man & Ben Asset:
Solo    d10
Man Without Fear    d8
Billy Club/Swingline    d6
Hypersenses/Radar Sense/Superhuman Senses    d12 (with potential reroll)
(-1 PP)
Focus: Combat Expert & Power Stunt/Radar Sense (tricky use)    d10
Protective Charm Complication (Purple Man)    d6

Daredevil rolled 6,8,3,11,10,4 using d10,d8,d6,d12,d10,d6 ((6,8,3,11,10,4)).

-1 PP to add third die to Total
Total: 29; Effect: d10 for Purple Man; d6 for Ben

Spend a PP for second Effect die, to save Ben

PPs: 1 (starting; from msg #377) +3 (from XP) -1 (Radar Sense SFX) -1 (Power Stunt) -1 (to add die to Total) -1 (second Effect die) = 0

The Watcher
 GM, 210 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 15:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino's luck powers kick in to help her land near the most fortified position of cover. As she returns fire, there is a light ping! ping! as her bullets ricochet off the helicopter's reinforced hull.

Spent 1d6 doom to use the following SFX:

SFX: Highly Armored. Spend 1d6 doom to ignore physical stress unless caused by heavy artillery, explosives, or other sufficient penetrative force.

Doom Pool: 6d6, 5d8, 1d10


Ordinary pistol rounds aren't going to do much here-- she needs something bigger.

And that's when she hears a metallic clink as one of Carnage's stray bullets strikes a metal object in the grass nearby. As she turns to look, Domino realizes that by her sheer luck, the 'copter's gunfire shot through the lock on the locked artillery case from earlier. It must have been thrown from the helicopter when Shriek blasted Neena out of the doors. The mercenary quickly gathers up two rockets (Asset 2d12), plus the collapsible launcher she needs to fire them into Kasady's grinning face!
The Watcher
 GM, 211 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 15:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
As Domino ducks under another spray of gunfire, she notices two approaching figures. The larger one doesn't bother to hide from Carnage's bullets as they ping harmlessly off his skin.

"So, you and Carnage turned on each other, huh?" he growls. "Well, Shriek, now you know what it feels like to attack your own family!"

"Careful, Luke!" calls his partner. The smaller man seems to be using his large friend as cover from the bullets. "She'll use those powers to get in your head again!"

But as the towering, dark-skinned man and his ally draw closer to Domino's position, they seem to be squinting more closely at her through the darkness.

"Wait a minute. You're not Shriek."

"No," agrees his companion-- eyeing the femme fatale perhaps a moment longer than necessary. "No, she isn't."

He jumps as a third figure clears her throat loudly behind him.

"Danny..." she says, casually shielding herself from gunfire with her metal right arm. "It isn't polite to stare."

She nods to the new arrival. "Name's Misty," she says. "Who are you?"
The Watcher
 GM, 213 posts
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 15:09
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Daredevil (msg # 391):

Wow, DD, that was an excellent roll. Maybe the highest anyone's had so far? It appears your success is a foregone conclusion, but let's see what the Doom Pool manages...

Stepping up 2d6 in the Doom Pool for Domino's *2 opportunities in Msg #389.

*SFX: Spread Some Chaos. When Carnage has Team or Buddy Affiliation with other members of his “family”, all heroes’ actions or reactions against Carnage generate opportunities on a 1 or 2.

Also stepping up 2d6 for Venom's 2 opportunities in Msg #390.

Doom Pool: 2d6,9d8,1d10

07:56, Today: The Watcher rolled 5,5,6,5,4,5,8,4,5,6,1,9 using 1d6,1d6,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d8,1d10 ((5,5,6,5,4,5,8,4,5,6,1,9)).

Total: 23
Effect: d8
Opportunities: 1 (Available first to Daredevil)

Daredevil wins with an extraordinary success. Spent 1d8 doom to add a 3rd die to the total (d8 that rolled 8).

Doom Pool: 2d6,8d8,1d10

Daredevil's thrown billy club line snags the Purple Man, striking him at an angle that forces the length of cable to wrap tightly around the falling villain's waist in a secure hold. The expert throw leaves enough slack for the other end of the club to reach over to Ben, who grabs onto it gratefully. The reporter has been clinging desperately to an inch-thick lip of concrete above the drop, his knuckles white from the effort of hanging on. The vigilante's plan goes off without a hitch, with the center of the cable now resting against part of the railing and forming a sort of fulcrum. From there, the two evenly-sized men slow each other's falls, leaving them both dangling in mid-air.

But still not home free, until Matt carefully pulls each of them to safety. As Ben's situation is more precarious-- and perhaps seeing as he's not a miserable villain-- he gets that honor first.

"Hey!" calls Killgrave. "Is this thing going to hold m-?"

But as the villain spins and swings in the cable's grip, his head lightly smacks against the concrete foundation of the bleachers and he falls silent. It isn't an impact approaching anything life-threatening, but it's enough to leave him out cold for the moment. The Black Cat watches silently from a few yards away, arms folded across her chest as she wears a disapproving look.

"You didn't have to do that," she murmurs, seeing the unconscious villain dragged to safety. "His life wasn't worth saving."

She lightly traces the shape of the purple bruises on her neck, left there by Killgrave's death-trap. Then she turns her attention back to the field.

The Purple Man is down and DD now has the ability to rejoin the other heroes on the field with Team affiliation. He may also talk to Ben and try to gain some info on tonight's events.
Domino
 player, 76 posts
 Unspent Exp: 0
 PP: 1
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 03:46
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Domino quickly shut the locked artillery case as she notices the three approaching figures ... and stands her ground as they initiate their parley.
Nodding to the Misty, she replied, "Domino".   Looking past the three, at the destruction around them, "You guys throwing some kind of party here?", she asked, rhetorically.

Then, "If you'll excuse me, I have a Contract to finalise"*.
Domino was reasonably sure that these folk weren't cackling 'family members': so not only did they not interest her so much, but she felt kinda confident taking her attention from them.

Turning back tot he artillery case, he flipped it open with her foot, and cooed, "Come to mama, baby".  And lifted one of the rocket launchers out, gently and lovingly.

Then, turning towards the where the Carnage-Copter hovered in place 'a safe distance' above, it's spotlight shining a bright beam over the field and on to the assembly...
"It's time the 'grand master of events' came down and joined the party," she said, flipping the required switches to bring the 'delivery' on line, "Dontcha think" she said to the threesome nearby as she easily and comfortably swung it up on to her shoulder.

The targeting mechanism came to life in front of her, and when she sensed that the moment was right, Domino let the package fly ...



ACTION:   try again to shoot that chopper out of the sky
d6   Team (damnit, why do all these 'hero' types insist on getting in her way?!?)
d8   Hardened Mercenary
d10 Superhuman Reflexes
2d12 Two Rockets (asset)
1d10 Combat Mastery

- rolled 1,7,6,2,9,9 using 1d6,1d8,1d10,1d12,1d12,1d10.
spend 1PP to add another die to the Total

Total: 25
Effect: d12
Opportunities: 1   (receive/recover 1 PP)

PP: 1


* 'Relentless' Milestone:  1 XP when you declare a villain your current ‘Primary Target’.

Reaction: Carnage Copter
Next Action:  a villain

Predator
 NPC, 7 posts
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 04:26
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Back in the Darkforce Dimension...
quote:
"Do you have a better idea?" Moon Knight asked Tandy. She was a sweet kid, but naive. The world was a dark and dirty place, and her light didn't really amount to much in comparison. "Because I don't foresee the three of us fighting our way out of this. And I've been known to roll the dice on some seriously narrow odds."

"We could..." Tandy starts, but falls silent after a hard look from the others. She never says the word "fight," but it's clear she wanted to.

"Let's let the man read, shall we?" the Predator growls in its guttural tone. "He's got places to be."

After a long few moments, Marc finishes poring over the demon's document. He takes his time, examining every line carefully-- the devil is in the details, after all. And though there are a few questionable passages, the issues are more stylistic than anything. For example, the author commonly refers to the agreement's human participant as a "foolish mortal."

"If the soul is not delivered by the agreed upon time, the foolish mortal agrees to surrender his own (or that of another willing participant of the demon's preference) in its place..."

"Ah, I apologize for the outdated language. I believe the correct term nowadays is 'misguided lower life form.' Now then, shall we sign?"

"No, I can't let him do this," Ty interrupts, stepping between Marc and the demon. "I was the one who got us into this mess. Let me sign."

"Ty," Tandy pleads. "What will happen to me if he gets your soul? If you die... If you aren't there to feed on my light... It's going to burn me up from the inside out!"

"Children, children," clucks the demon. "I've a solution. Mr. Spector just needs to deliver me the soul I asked for by... Hm, let's be generous and say dawn, shall we? And if he doesn't, I might take his soul instead... or perhaps settle for either of your preachy, annoying ones."

He extends a clawed hand toward the trio, offering what looks like a small, ceremonial knife. The implication is clear: this contract will be signed in blood. There is a poof as a small, metallic case appears in the demon's free hand.

"Yes, all three of you just sign right there on the dotted line, and I'll explain what you need to do... with this."
Moon Knight
 player, 71 posts
 14 XP
Mon 2 Nov 2020
at 13:56
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With an annoyed grunt, Moon Knight took the knife. Always in blood, these things needed to be signed. The blade was sharp enough that he could cut the tip of his finger right through the reinforced mesh of his glove. Blood welled easily, and he signed the contract.

"Now, what's in the damned box?"

Wong
 NPC, 4 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 18:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Back at the Sanctum Sanctorum...

Wong leads Tigra and Spider-Woman through the halls of the Sanctum, occasionally stopping to right some crooked tapestry or sweep some broken glass out of the way with his slipper.

"If Stephen saw what had become of this place... Oh, rest his soul," he mutters. "Wha-?! Tigra, you're tracking Symbiote goo in the halls!"

Turning to a cluster of figures, he calls, "Hey! A little help here?"

At Wong's beckoning, several Mindless Ones draw near holding mops, buckets, and other assorted cleaning gear. The sight of the rock monsters might cause Tigra to tense up ordinarily, but she knows better. This particular group was liberated from Dormammu's control during their latest battle. Now, they set to work helping clean up the mess caused by the rioters earlier.

"Mr. Wong!" calls a voice from down a nearby hallway. There is the sound of light, pattering feet.

"Johnny! Lisa! Denny! What are you three doing out of bed?"

A trio of children run toward the heroines, swarming Greer and hugging her around the legs. She recognizes them instantly-- they are the children she saved from the symbiote-rioters earlier tonight. The Demogoblin had tipped her off that they were in danger... and she still didn't fully understand why. She notices each one is clutching a colorful Avengers toy figure in their free hand.

"Stephen had some old toys boxed up that he kept in his doctor's office for nervous young patients," says Wong. "The young woman insisted on a Tigra figure, and... well... I had to make-do."

The little girl beams at Greer, holding what is obviously a Captain Marvel figure, only with some office supplies tacked-on as cat ears and a tail. It looks like someone Sharpie'd the correct colors onto her and glued a napkin on to represent the sorceress' cloak. "Thanks for saving me and my brothers, Miss Tigra," says the girl. Then, looking up at her: "You can beat that Carnage guy!"

"Run along, now, children," says Wong. "Go with the nice rock monsters."

The children nod to Wong and head off toward the infirmary beds, escorted by the Mindless Ones. He watches them go, then turns to his companions. "Now, back to business."
Wong
 NPC, 5 posts
Tue 3 Nov 2020
at 18:40
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Wong beckons to the Orb of Agamotto, still held in Tigra's symbiote-cage.

"If you don't mind..." he nods. The Orb winks out of sight, then reappears above Wong's outstretched hands. Images shimmer and swirl within its depths, coming slowly into focus.

"I had been using the Orb to keep track of our allies," explains the mystic. "But that was before the Sanctum was attacked. We had better check in on them again."

The unmistakable landmark of Yankee Stadium comes into view. A hovering helicopter rains destruction down on the heroes there-- Spider-Man, Venom, Daredevil, Domino, and others.

"Hmm... That looks very bad," says their host. "But where is the other one who helped you earlier? I believe he was called Moon Knight?"

Wong flicks his hand to the side, and various other images come into play. The heroines see a burning building as it crumbles to ruins, looking as though it had been struck by some kind of missile. A battered Deadpool pulls himself from the wreckage, snapping his broken appendages back into place. "Oof, that smarts," he says, though Wong doesn't seem to pay him any mind.

"Perhaps if I go back..." says the Sanctum's guardian.

With a few more hand movements, the sequence of events become clear, as though the trio are rewinding and watching a movie. The building was destroyed by the same helicopter now attacking Yankee Stadium-- the one piloted by Carnage and Shriek. Moon Knight is soon approached by a hooded man and a young woman in white, and drawn into some kind of portal.

"Cloak and Dagger," says Wong, stroking his chin. "Then that must mean he's in... Hmm, perhaps the Orb can show us."

The monk strains as though in greater effort, before the contents of the Orb turn a deep, solid black. It almost looks as though they've "lost the signal" before a group of figures slowly appears. In what looks to be a dimension of pure darkness, a hunched demon hands some sort of parchment to a white-robed vigilante, who takes the document and signs it in his own blood.

"Is that...? No, it can't be!" gasps Wong. He knits his brow in frustration, as though he doesn't believe what he is seeing.

"I fear your friends are in great danger," he says gravely. "Tigra... Spider-Woman... You must put a stop to all of this now!"

Tigra and Spider-Woman, I'll need a quick post from you to decide if you split up or continue to go Buddy. Whichever you choose will set up your actions in this round.
Spider-Man
 player, 33 posts
Wed 4 Nov 2020
at 03:01
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
The last thing Spider-Man remembers clearly is the bright light and the heat from the exploding missiles. Without enough time to save himself, he had just enough time to have a half-coherent thought before the wave of force hit. All that came to his mind was an image and two words: Mary Jane...

His body was mostly limp when Doppel's barbed web saved him at the last second, and Spider-Man's head was so rattled from the explosion that he wasn't comprehending the adulation from the crowd of spectators or his fellow heroes. His whole body was vibrating, and he couldn't tell if any of it was his Spider-Sense or not. Through the slideshow of images his brain could recognize as his eyes ached to open, he sees Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Misty Knight, and the crowd of former rioters, but their words are muffled. Slowly, Spidey begins to realize that people have been patting him on the back.

His whole body feels like it's fallen asleep, and the Symbiote suit seems rattled as well. Peter can see it trembling all over his body, and—as feeling beings to slowly return—he can feel the Symbiote pulsing against his skin. Although Spider-Man avoided the brunt of the fire itself, the heat and vibrations from the explosion was enough to rattle the Symbiote's sensitivity, too.

I can...barely move...

Spider-Man tries to stand, but his brain isn't talking to his body so well yet. His limbs give some indication of movement, but then they stop as if the connection is severed.

I'm still...too tired. Still too shaken.

Spider-Man is able to stammer out a half-hearted joke, waving his hand loosely in front of him. "Five more...minutes."

He needs some time to recover, but he doesn't have any to spare. Carnage has already made his next move, and bullets come raining down towards him. Spider-Man can barely react, but the Symbiote suit weakly tries to shapeshift into a shield protecting them.

Reaction to Carnage Attack (Total: 16, Effect: d8)

Affiliation: Team d6
Distinction: With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility d4 + 1 PP (Spider-Man's actions saved a lot of people, but he's not fully recovered for combat)
SPIDER-POWERS: Superhuman Reflexes shut down (Limit: Exhausted. Shutdown any Spider-Powers power to gain 1 PP. Recover power by activating an opportunity or during a Transition Scene.)
SYMBIOTE SUIT: Shapeshifting d10

20:57, Today: Spider-Man rolled 2,1,5 using d6,d4,d10.

Total: 7
Effect: d4
Opportunities: 1

3 PP remaining (+1 Distinction, +1 Limit, +1 Opportunity)

The Watcher
 GM, 217 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 00:04
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to Venom (msg # 390):

Stepping up 1d6 in the Doom Pool from Domino's 1 opportunity in Msg #395. Adding 1d6 to the Doom Pool for Spider-Man's 1 opportunity in Msg #400.

Doom Pool: 2d6,9d8,1d10


Yankee Stadium...

The civilians scream and run for cover as the gunfire suddenly rains down on the field. Thinking quickly, Venom moves to cover them with his symbiote, forming shields to block the innocents. Although he's successful in protecting them, several bullets strike him in the process. He's hurt, but it's not the first time he and his symbiote have taken a barrage of bullets. If anything, this is just more fuel on the fire of his crusade against Carnage!

Venom takes d10 Physical Stress from Carnage's extraordinary success.

Nearby, the exhausted Spider-Man has little time to regain his strength before his spider-sense is already warning him of a new danger. With his thoughts too scrambled to properly guide the symbiote, it tries to react on its own, with limited success. The bullets are just raining down too fast and numerous for it to properly defend him, let alone any nearby citizens. This time, it seems the web-head has little hope of a last-minute save. Or does he...?

Beside Peter, the Doppelganger flings its six arms to the side, shoving the numerous civilians out of harm's way. No sooner are they clear of danger than the alien being is hurling itself atop Spidey and knocking him to the grass. As it shields Spidey, the creature lets out a pained shriek as Carnage's bullets pierce its flesh. Blood seeps through the front of its costume, darkening the fabric as it drips onto his counterpart. The creature begins to wheeze and gasp...

Spider-Man takes d10 Physical Stress from Carnage's extraordinary success.

Not far away, Domino hunkers down behind a mound of rubble near Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Misty Knight. Bullets continue to ping off the wreckage, narrowly missing the group.

"I see you down there!" gloats Carnage over the 'copter's PA system. "Now come to papa!"

"We've got to knock that chopper out of the sky," says Luke, wearing an annoyed look as a stray bullet leaves a hole in his shirt. "Or at least find a way to scramble its sensors. But how?"

"Uh, Luke..." says Misty, blinking in surprise. "I think she's on it."

Before the startled eyes of Domino's new allies, she produces a rocket launcher seemingly from nowhere and takes aim at the chopper. Before they can even protest, she fires a pair of rockets straight at the hovering aircraft!

Carnage prepares to take evasive action!

3d10 (Large Scale Threat)
Hijacked Helicopter d8
Sensors d8
Vehicle Rookie d6

15:17, Today: Carnage rolled 3,1,6,5,3,2 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d8,1d8,1d6.  Carnage trying to pilot the Carnage-Copter away from Domino's rockets.

Not a good enough roll to beat Domino's 25 total. Let's spend 1d6 doom and see what this SFX can do...

SFX: Sensor Suite. Spend 1d6 doom to add Sensors (or step up if already in your pool) and reroll all dice on a reaction.

15:17, Today: Carnage rolled 3,2,10,6,1,1 using 1d10,1d10,1d10,1d8,1d10,1d6. Carnage trying to pilot the Carnage-Copter away from Domino's rockets.

Total: 16
Effect: d10
Opportunities: 2 (Available first to Domino)

Still not enough! Domino wins with an extraordinary success. Her d12+ effect die removes one of the Carnage-Copter's 3d10 Affiliation dice. The extraordinary success triggers the chopper's Limit and shuts down Sensors d8:

Limit: Malfunction. Shut down a HIGH-POWERED TWIN-ENGINE CRAFT power to add 1d6 doom or step up the lowest die in the doom pool. Activate an opportunity to recover that power.

Doom Pool: 10d8,1d10 (Stepped up 1d6 from Malfunction Limit)


Too late, Carnage spots the incoming projectiles and tries to jerk the chopper toward the left. One of Domino's rockets just misses the cabin, while the other strikes the large 'C' at the rear. There is a huge explosion as the rear fin is set ablaze, and the chopper begins to plummet, spinning several rotations. But before it hits the ground, the stabilizers kick in again and the aircraft begins to rise once more.

"Guess you were overdue for a lucky shot," hisses Kasady over the intercom. Even the madman sounds a bit rattled!

From having been used in her action, Domino's Rockets 2d12 goes away.

Actions Available: Spider-Man, Venom

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:07, Sun 08 Nov 2020.

Luke Cage
 NPC, 7 posts
Sun 8 Nov 2020
at 00:17
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Damn, girl," whistles Cage to Domino. "Nice aim."

He motions to her, Iron Fist and Misty.

"You guys ready to play some more ball?" he says, pointing to an abandoned wheelbarrow full of what look like ordinary baseballs. But upon closer inspection, one can easily tell these are in fact more of the Demogoblin's pumpkin bombs! It seems the villains had sloppily painted a few to disguise them, intending to play a few nasty tricks on the heroes during the Purple Man's ball game! Cage and his allies grab a few of the bombs, alerting any nearby heroes to their find. With the damaged chopper unable to reach its former altitude, it seems to be well within range of a properly-aimed throw. If Spider-Man and Venom are within earshot, they surely want to take note!

Spending 1d10 doom to make the "Innocent Bystanders" into a Scene Complication, and spending 1d8 to restore Pumpkin Bombs as a Scene Distinction.

Doom Pool: 9d8

Spider-Man
 player, 34 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 00:21
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"Doppel! Nooooooo!"

Doppelganger's heavy body lay on top of Spider-Man, bleeding from the wounds of his selfless sacrifice. Peter Parker isn't sure if the creature is alive or dead. He holds the still Doppelganger in his arms as they both lay on the ground.

"Somebody help! He's hurt!"

Spider-Man's masked eyes seem to be pleading with those around him.

OOC:Spidey is going to let Venom take the initiative with using the painted pumpkin bombs, if he chooses to. He's concerned about helping Doppelganger this turn.

Next Action: Venom

This message was last edited by the player at 00:27, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Predator
 NPC, 7 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 05:07
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Back in the Darkforce Dimension...

Cloak takes the demon's contract after Moon Knight finishes signing his name. Though Ty sees the worry in Dagger's eyes, he too adds his signature to the document in blood. The girl is the last to add her own name to the parchment, giving a look to each of her comrades that says, "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"Now then," says the demon, taking the parchment back and rolling it up into a tidy scroll. "All you business partners of mine need to do to hold up your end of the deal is stab Mr. Kasady in the heart with that nice little writing implement I loaned you." He nods to the knife still clutched in Tandy's hand, used in the group's signing ritual.

"Once that's done," he says, cracking open the case, "Have your nice friend the... er... hairy sorceress... recite this spell, and your hated enemy's soul shall be sent right to my doorstep. It has to be Kasady or it won't work. So no switcheroos." He procures from the case another bound scroll, handing it to Dagger. "The whole process is quite convenient, a bit like that online shopping you mortals seem to enjoy so dearly."

"That's it?" Tandy says, blinking as she looks over the scroll. "We stab him with a pen and have Tigra recite a poem?"

"I haven't forgiven what you did to those innocent people," growls Ty to the demon. "But we have a deal. Now release us so we can end Kasady's madness."

"Not a problem, my dear child," nods the Predator. "And yes, that is all. Now then, with your trespassing here forgiven, I believe it's time I sent you three on your way..."

The group begins to feel a floating sensation as the demon teleports them out of his dimension. "Well, that whole thing felt gross," Tandy says, shuddering at the sight of the disappearing demon. Then-- perhaps remembering her and Ty's past mistakes-- she extends the knife to Marc. "Here. You take this."

Moon Knight receives "Demon's Dagger" d12 asset usable against Carnage. MK is also transported to the field at Yankee Stadium.

Actions Available: Moon Knight, Venom

This message was last edited by the player at 05:23, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Spider-Woman
 player, 6 posts
 Jessica Drew
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 10:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
At the Sanctum Sanctorum...

Spider-Woman stiffened at the chaotic nightmare revealed by Wong’s scrying. “My god, it’s...Carnage will burn New York to the ground if we don’t stop him. Like, now!” She looked away from the dismal scene. “Tigra, can you get us there? We could probably take down that copter and help our friends shut down Carnage’s $#!%show.”

This message was lightly edited by the player at 10:25, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Venom
 player, 15 posts
 PP: 0
 XP: 1
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 13:31
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Venom reels after the barrage. He looks around checking on those he was shielding before snapping up towards Carnage. With a growl, he leaps into the air and a tendril of web shoots into the wheelbarrow to grab a pumpkin bomb for him to chuck at the helicopter. "Get the wounded off the field Spider! We will draw our foolish spawns' attention!" Despite his bravado he is trailing blood as he goes.




OOC
D4 Pumpkin bomb scene +1 pp
d6 Team
d6 Web-slinging
d8 Reflexes (-1 PP multipower step down from d10)
d8 Combat expert


Total: 11
ED: d6
1 opps


08:24, Today: Venom rolled 3,3,3,8,1 using d4,d6,d6,d8,d8 ((3,3,3,8,1)).

Moon Knight
 player, 72 posts
 14 XP
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 14:03
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Recognizing Yankee stadium took a couple of seconds. One stadium looked a lot like another from the playing field, an angle from which Moon Knight had never seen the place. But more importantly, it had become some sort of war zone. And while he wasn't that familiar with the various New York stadia, Moon Knight was all too familiar with war zones.

And hovering over the field was the cause of it all: Kasiday, in his stolen Moon Copter.

"I'm never going to get the stench out of there," Moon Knight grumbled, and made a decision. He reached into his utility belt and pulled out a small remote control with one red button on it. "Good-bye."

He pressed the button and threw the remote away. Up on the copter, a small red light began to flash on the dashboard.

Limit: Self-Destruct Codes. If present in the scene, Moon Knight may activate an opportunity to create a "Self-Destruct" d10 Timer on the Carnage-Copter. Step up the Timer every time Moon Knight takes an action in the turn order. When the Timer exceeds d12, add 2d12 to the doom pool and end the scene with the Carnage-Copter destroyed.
Moon Knight
 player, 73 posts
 14 XP
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 14:28
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
With the self-destruct counting down, it was far safer to remain on the ground than to try to bring the fight up to Kasiday. So Moon Knight decided that what he really needed to do was get Kasiday's attention. He could possibly distract Kasiday from the little red light on the dash, and blow up the copter with him in it. The symbiotic psychopath would no doubt survive the explosion, but be in little shape for a fight.

Anyway, that was his theory, and he was sticking to it. And, as such, he formed a web-ball in his hands and pitched it at the copter. He was not really expecting to damage it — he knew just how durable it was — but merely to attract attention to himself.

Team d8
Fist of Khonshu d4 (because right now he's working for the Predator)
Superhuman Strength d10
Web-Slinging d8
Combat Master d10

Moon Knight rolled 1,3,8,3,2 using d8,d4,d10,d8,d10 ((1,3,8,3,2)).

Total: 11
Effect die: d10
Opportunities: 1
+2 PP

The Watcher
 GM, 218 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 00:06
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Stepping up 2d8 in the Doom Pool for Venom's opportunity in Msg #406 and Moon Knight's opportunity in Msg #408.

Spending 1d10 doom to reunite the heroes at Yankee Stadium (d10 since Tigra and Spider-Woman each have d10 Team affiliation).

Doom Pool: 7d8,1d10

Will have the reaction to both posts up soon. See Tigra's post to follow.

Tigra
 player, 37 posts
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 00:25
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
In reply to The Watcher (msg # 409):

"Hang on tight, Jessica. I'll take us over to the helicopter. Keep your Dragonfang, I'll keep the Wand of Watoomb. Wong, we'll be back. I think this place needs a little sprucing up, don't you? And pleaaaaase make some dinner soon? Symba and I are starving. Thanks!"

Tigra placed her left hand on Jessica's shoulder, and teleported both of them to the helicopter.

She looked around, focusing her eyes and saw the strangest, and surprisingly cutest thing in the world. There they were, Kassady and Shriek, holding hands like any other couple in love, whispering and cackling over how to defeat everyone in the stadium below.

Symba could not help yell out,"What is this? Carnage! When's the wedding and why was I not invited? So much for being 'family.'".

This message was last edited by the player at 00:31, Sun 15 Nov 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 219 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 02:30
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
Moon Knight creates a d10 "Self-Destruct" Timer on the Carnage-Copter.

Tigra receives "Wand of Watoomb" d12 asset. Spider-Woman receives "Dragonfang" d12 asset.


As the heroines Tigra and Spider-Woman materialize inside the Carnage-Copter, the co-pilots seem preoccupied. Neither seems to be paying much attention to the burning, smoking rear of the chopper where Domino's rocket struck, nor the flashing red screens that read, "SELF-DESTRUCT COUNTDOWN INITIATED!" Such is the power of love, for better or worse.

"Oh honey, you always take me to the most romantic places!" giggles Shriek as she rests her head against Carnage's shoulder, taking in a view of the ravaged stadium through the cockpit.

"Anything for my woman! Now let's spruce it up even more!" Cletus laughs, spraying the helicopter's bullets all around the arena. "A few more bodies piled over here, a bit more flaming hellscape over there..."

Suddenly, he seems to notice the pair have visitors. As Tigra's symbiote gives Carnage a piece of its mind, the villains both turn to glare at the newcomers.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in! Another spoil-sport Spider!" says Carnage. Then, noticing Jessica's sword, he adds: "What's this, did they announce a casting call for a Xena reboot? And if so, why wasn't my lady invited?"

"Did Cat-Breath over there just say 'wedding?'" gasps Shriek. "What's that slimy sorceress talkin' about, Carny?" Though it may seem surprising, the heartless villainess' eyes seem somehow... hopeful?

"Oh, so now Ms. Whiskers here wants to spoil my big surprise for the evening?" growls Kasady. "Take a page out of my book, sister: symbiotes should be seen and not heard!"

He nods to his companion. "Let's let 'em have it, babe!"

Actions Available: Tigra and Spider-Woman

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:35, Tue 17 Nov 2020.

The Watcher
 GM, 220 posts
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 03:18
Re: Current Mission: Maximum Carnage
"I'll deal with them, cupcake," hisses Shriek. "You focus on flying the--"

No sooner has she said the words than Carnage jerks the control stick sharply to the left, sending the entire chopper veering to the side. As Tigra and Spider-Woman tumble toward the wall, they can see incoming projectiles being thrown straight at the windshield!

Reaction to Venom's attack with the pumpkin bomb.