Dreary days and ancient roads.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Brengalyn
 PC, 27 posts
 AC 24/15/19 hp 30 init 7
 Fort 6 Ref 10 Will 2
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 02:57
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Brengalyn brought her ankus up as the goblin fell flat on its back

"Alright, I'll handle the 'one left alive' part of it, I can see you're all too full of the blood at this point"

The ankus hit the ground with a thud though, as the goblin failed to be in line with the swing

OOC: attack roll 12, damage 8
Thamkis Slybones
 PC, 24 posts
 Init +2 AC 21/21/19
 Save 7/7/12 hp 20/20
Fri 14 Aug 2020
at 03:45
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Reaching into her sleeve, Thamkis produced a bit of fleece, rubbing it between forefinger and thumb. The shadows shifted along the ground and a hulking ogre appeared, rising from the ground, as if he was pulling himself up.

The shadows wove a complex dream of an ogre . . . hopefully those goblins who could escape would now that Barg had their leader and Brengalyn was attempting to beat one into a coma.

OOC: silent image, not fancy but it exists, Will DC 15 to disbelieve.
GM
 GM, 60 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 02:39
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
OOC: Goblin Will saving throws
22:31, Today: GM rolled 19 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:31, Today: GM rolled 14 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:31, Today: GM rolled 8 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:30, Today: GM rolled 5 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:30, Today: GM rolled 5 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:30, Today: GM rolled 6 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:30, Today: GM rolled 6 using 1d20.  npc will save.

22:30, Today: GM rolled 13 using 1d20.  npc will save.

Thankis' summoned ogre visage stormed out onto the porch with a bluster and a battle cry. Several of the local defenders turned and ran for the surrounding fields and woods. But, so did seven of the eight remaining Goblin attackers.

Barg twisted, the chords of Penny's song plucking at his heart sent fire coursing through his blood, and with loud, victorious laughing cackle Barg wrenched the Goblin leader's arm around with such fierceness that it was nearly torn from his shoulder. Blood, thick and blue-green, splatter about as the Goblin screamed and then passed out.

Brengalyn's blood was up when the Penny's voice struck her ears. Then she struck the Goblin. She felt the shock into her shoulder. There was sickening crack coming from the point of impact of her blow and the Goblin went limp like a 'boned fish'.
Barg
 PC, 26 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 22:05
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Barg chased after the fleeing goblins, trying to catch another one if he could while his rage still held

OOC: attack roll 15 (17 charge), damage 16, grapple check 20, use only if Barg can reasonably chase after the goblins
Brengalyn
 PC, 28 posts
 AC 24/15/19 hp 30 init 7
 Fort 6 Ref 10 Will 2
Mon 17 Aug 2020
at 22:22
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Penny, get those villagers back-"

Brengalyn turned to see a roaring ogre.

"Everyone get back, there's an ogre! Get Barg back here, let's see if he wants to prove he's the strongest some more!"

Gripping her weapon firmly the mercenary strode forward, swinging hard at the giantkin's knee. She knew these brutal opportunist creatures well, mercenaries of their own right and proud of their brutal strength-

And her weapon passed through the creature . . .

WHAT?
Penny Perseus
 PC, 20 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 16:48
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
In reply to Brengalyn (msg # 43):

Penny nodded and ran off ans fast as her little feat could carry her "Hey! Please come back! We need help back there!"
There was no way she could catch up to them so she called out.
OOC casting message Diplomacy 14
Thamkis Slybones
 PC, 25 posts
 Init +2 AC 21/21/19
 Save 7/7/12 hp 20/20
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 20:34
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
The ogre dissolved immediately, falling apart into a thousand slips of shadow that fell apart

"Apologies Brengalyn, I saw a way to save people and I took it."

Thamkis looked around for any goblins who were dying, stabilizing one if she could find one but avoiding stealing Brengalyn's goblin needed for interrogation.

OOC: would take 2 rounds before she stabilized a dying goblin, check results were 10 and 19. If there's only the one goblin (Brengalyn's) I'll wait until we're done with him
GM
 GM, 63 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 22:28
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Thamkis halted the demise of the Goblin at Brengalyn's feet. She looked towards the Goblin leader Barg had savaged. There was no saving him. No doubt the song of that fight would end with Barg ripping the Goblin's arm off and beating him to death with it within a fortnight.

Brengalyn watched over Thamkis noting that the locals were not only returning but they were using spear, pitchforks, and short bows to kill the riderless giant spiders without mercy. SHe quickly cleaned her weapon without thinking about the action as she took in the scene around her.

Penny was both glad for the threat to have abated and a touch agitated that their efforts had worked to well and scared the Goblin attacker off. She relaxed at the sound of excited, frightened children and their keepers trying to sooth them.

Barg finally slowed to stop. Panting, cursing the the fleeing riders between gasps, and splattered with the dead Goblin's blood he the fire in his blood began to cool. Looking back over his shoulder he could just make out the shape of the wayhouse in the gloom and rain. His stomach growled reminding him of the food waiting for his attention.
Barg
 PC, 27 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 01:03
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Barg looked down at his grumbling stomach as one looked at a treacherous stubborn pack animal

Slapping the offending gut he grumbled, tottering off back towards the way house

Arriving back to the party he smiled wide

"Other goblins learned to fear Barg. Is right."

Brengalyn
 PC, 29 posts
 AC 24/15/19 hp 30 init 7
 Fort 6 Ref 10 Will 2
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 20:59
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Well I'd say that this requires some quick preparations before we set out. The sooner we either get to this elf captain or chase these goblins, the better."

Brengalyn looked to Penny

"Any thoughts on which one we should do? I'm sorry we won't be having much comfort after all . . . "
Penny Perseus
 PC, 21 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 01:49
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Penny looked at the folks, the women and children. "Will the goblins be back to attack them again? We need to make sure they aren't hurt again. But we also need to help the elf woman." She sat down and pondered, swishing a pixie away from pulling her hair. "I think we need to continue on to the elves?" it was a question. The gnome was well meaning but very indecisive.
Thamkis Slybones
 PC, 27 posts
 Init +2 AC 21/21/19
 Save 7/7/12 hp 20/20
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 18:47
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"We do need to continue on, that young woman is counting on us returning."

Thamkis peered at the goblin they'd captured

"Best get this one ready for questions, we need to move quickly"
GM
 GM, 66 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 02:05
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
The goblin seems to be out of sorts, probably from the cracking of its skull and senses, but it does seem to realize the predicament it is in.

The locals gather about. Murmuring and spitting on the ground was the common reaction to the goblin, mainly because of its association and not its race. The people seemed both frightened and angry with these goblins and their mercenary allies.
Barg
 PC, 28 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 02:27
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Barg shouldered his way to the front, approaching the goblin, clearly winded and very sweaty. Wiping his brow with his hand, he licked his hand afterward and made a face almost like he was appreciating a wine's fine bouquet.

"After-battle sweat is sweetest, no?"

His mouth pulled at the corners into the widest, most crooked smile and his beady red eyes fixed on the remaining goblin

"Goblin is only surviving witness to Barg's greatness who did not run like coward. Barg likes smarts!"

Putting his hands on the goblin's shoulders, he shakes him

"Barg's friends want to know why is spider-riders attacking? If answer is good, goblin might get lick of Barg's familiar Crunch!"

OOC: Diplomacy check 14
Barg
 PC, 29 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 02:35
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Is it a purple cyclopean frog?" The goblin perks up. "They blessed by the saint of good fortune and thievery, the right-holy Ignatius Greenblood. A like on the back of a purple cyclops is a rare honor indeed."
Barg
 PC, 30 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 02:43
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Is better! Crunch was once a green frog, but when Barg summoned him a second time after he popped when Barg sat on him, Crunch is now colour that is mix of red and blue! Is like looking at red and blue at same time!!"

Reaching into his belt pouch, he produced a very annoyed looking purple frog with a black mark on its back. If it was a cyclopean frog, Crunch did not reveal its secrets but tried to escape futilely. Barg held the frog out for inspection, proud of his "familiar"
GM
 GM, 67 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 06:11
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
In reply to Barg (msg # 54):

(02:04, Today: GM rolled 15 using 1d20 ((15)). Poison save vs. psychedelic effects of licking an unfamiliar frog familiar.)

The goblin stared the frog for several moments, obviously in deep concentration, and finally nodded his vigorously say, "Deal, present the frog's back for licking."

Everyone watching flinched, squirmed, oohed, blanched, or gasped. The goblin smiled and then made a lemon-sucking squint face. He shook his head several times. Gagged for a moment. Then began giggling and fell backwards into the mud.

"I feel it." The goblin nearly shouted. Then, giggling, whispered as he pointed at his feet. "In my toes."

Rolling his head to one side it was easy to see that the goblins eyes were wildly dilated; one was nearly all pupil while the other was nearly all iris. He smiled a gape toothed smile and said, "What were you saying?"
Brengalyn
 PC, 31 posts
 AC 24/15/19 hp 30 init 7
 Fort 6 Ref 10 Will 2
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 19:15
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"The attacks on the village, are they part of some plan? Are you just raiding for resources or are you being directed to raid?"

The annoyance in Brengalyn's voice was clear as she stepped forward to tower over Barg and his new friend

"You've seen what we can do. It doesn't have to come to your people if you stop these raids."
GM
 GM, 68 posts
Thu 10 Sep 2020
at 12:15
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Must lure them out." He whispered. Then nearly shouting again. "Yes! Lure them out of the valley, get them away from the temple. She is dear to him, draw him out, the Black Company will follow."

He began giggling like a mad Gnome that had consumed Dwarven fire ale until his wits were addled and his nose hairs singed. it was not a glorious sight to behold. Especially when the flatulence heralded soiling of his trousers in a spectacularly foul manner.

"Oops, I seemed to have shat my brains out." The goblin whispered. The giggling stopped as his eyes seemed to lose sight of the world in front of them. "Pretty, pretty elfie princess. Hate to see tied to the stake. Dragons are such messy eaters."
Brengalyn
 PC, 32 posts
 AC 24/15/19 hp 30 init 7
 Fort 6 Ref 10 Will 2
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 16:01
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Ugh"

Brengalyn moved away from the rapidly soiling himself goblin, casting an accusatory glance at Barg.

"This sounds . . . menacing, to be sure. Perhaps even something which needs addressing. Should we try to rescue this 'elf princess' quickly?"
Barg
 PC, 31 posts
 AC 22/16/17 hp 31/31
 F/R/W 6/9/4 init 7
Tue 15 Sep 2020
at 00:43
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Hmm. Is difficult. Dragon and goblin traps! Elfy princess."

Barg looked up at Brengalyn

"We should take fight to the enemy! Who cares about stuffy elf captain? Is fight of glory awaiting!"
Penny Perseus
 PC, 23 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 18:03
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"I think we should help the elf first too. We will need to come back later to help these people."
GM
 GM, 69 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 20:14
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
In the back of Thamkiss' wagon, bundle under a pile of wool and fur blankets under the canvas bonnet covering the back of the wagon, the Elf stirred. She tried to smile, but it was forced. She was still weak, healing, and vulnerable.

"Barg is a silly little creature, with a big heart, but my husband is a man. He is no prince, but a monster with a big heart like you." She laughed, it was a brittle sound giving away how weak she still was. "You fight his enemies. Here and now, foragers, raiders, and doing the bidding of a dark power."

With that she lay her pretty head back down and retreated into sleep.

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:14, Tue 29 Sept 2020.

Thamkis Slybones
 PC, 28 posts
 Init +2 AC 21/21/19
 Save 7/7/12 hp 20/20
Wed 30 Sep 2020
at 12:58
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
"Job we took first needs doing first. Just means we'll need to be quick about it."

Thamkis paused when the elf emerged from the cart and said her piece

"Nevermind I suppose! We'll handle this then, at our 'employer's' request."

She looked at the rest of the group and pointed to the drugged goblin

"I'll take care of him, away from the villagers. Don't want them tearing him apart . . . "
Penny Perseus
 PC, 24 posts
Tue 6 Oct 2020
at 22:03
Re: Dreary days and ancient roads
Penny rushed to the elf lady and settled her down making sure that she was comfortable and piling on the blankets.