The Forest Outside.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Dungeon Master
 GM, 57 posts
Mon 8 Jun 2020
at 03:14
The Forest Outside
It did indeed seem to be magical, with no magical traps around it.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 57 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 00:28
The Forest Outside
Well, then.  She went to pick it up.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 58 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 00:43
The Forest Outside
You now have (another) magical sword.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 58 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 01:08
The Forest Outside
Manisha swung it experimentally to see what it was, and get a feel for it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 59 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 01:20
The Forest Outside
It felt light for how big it was.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 59 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 01:55
The Forest Outside
Interesting... or was that just her strength?  She tucked the sword away as best she could and went back to the others.

"Did you see where the sword came from?" she asked.  "It's a good sword.  I wouldn't think that someone would just leave it out here."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 02:43
The Forest Outside
"Dunno," the kobold said. "There's some bones here!"

Indeed there was, there was part of a humanoid skeleton scattered on the ground.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 60 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 03:04
The Forest Outside
"...I wonder if this was your sword?" she said to the bones.  "If so, thank you for the sword.  I'll take care of it."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 61 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 03:19
The Forest Outside
"I wonder f there's any marrow left," the kobold said, cracking open one of the bones. "Nope."
Manisha Kubo
 player, 61 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 22:26
The Forest Outside
"Nah, long dead," said Manisha, trying to not think about the implications.  "Let's go looking for some food and medicine."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 62 posts
Wed 17 Jun 2020
at 23:00
The Forest Outside
"Right, new god!" the kobold said and hurried off to look.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 62 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 03:47
The Forest Outside
Manisha stayed close to the center of the foraging kobolds.  She'd see what else was out here...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 63 posts
Thu 18 Jun 2020
at 04:23
The Forest Outside
The kobolds were gathering mostly berries, nuts and herbs with the occasional root. You haven't seen anything that could be dangerous, just small animals and birds.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 63 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 02:54
The Forest Outside
That was fine.  Just for practice, she tried bringing down larger birds when she spotted them.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 64 posts
Fri 19 Jun 2020
at 03:41
The Forest Outside
(OOC: Give me three attack rolls or anything else you can justify to see how you do.)
Manisha Kubo
 player, 64 posts
Sat 20 Jun 2020
at 23:56
The Forest Outside
18:55, Today: Manisha Kubo rolled 22,27,27 using d20+10,d20+10,d20+10 ((12,17,17)
Dungeon Master
 GM, 65 posts
Sun 21 Jun 2020
at 23:42
The Forest Outside
You manage to take down three of them.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 65 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 00:08
The Forest Outside
She passed them on to the kobolds, and continued to oversee them, trying to survey the area and get a feel for it.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
Mon 22 Jun 2020
at 23:16
The Forest Outside
The trees were pretty spaced out, the area around the road was rather flat, but the forest had several large hills.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 66 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 03:38
The Forest Outside
Manisha took a moment to look over the road more.  She knew it was going to be important one way or another; she might as well try to get a feel for it now, and see if she could figure out anything about the people who used it.  Or how much it was used at all...
Dungeon Master
 GM, 67 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 04:19
The Forest Outside
The road was rather wide and looked well maintain, it clearly gets a lot of traffic in the day-light hours.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 67 posts
Tue 23 Jun 2020
at 23:59
The Forest Outside
That could be significant, especially if her hopes of establishing some kind of peaceful trade with the local human-types were going to see fruition.  She looked around the road a little more; if nothing else came up, she headed back to her kobolds.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 68 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 00:22
The Forest Outside
There were a few small animals investigating, probably seeing if the travellers dropped any food.
Manisha Kubo
 player, 68 posts
Wed 24 Jun 2020
at 23:30
The Forest Outside
Well, that wasn't a big deal.  If any looked particularly fat, though, she threw a quick bolt their way.  More food for her kobolds was good.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 69 posts
Fri 26 Jun 2020
at 02:31
The Forest Outside
You managed to bring down a couple fat squirrels.