(IC) 1: The Rescue.   Posted by Takmarin.Group: 0
Sand
 player, 66 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 18:54
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Quickly surrounded, the construct parried two of the attacking shadows, but the third one managed a hit that was thankfully partially soaked by the bard's magic. Sand did feel a unknown weakness spreading in his limbs, but shrugged it off, as his fighting style did not depend on the strength of his arms, but on the keenness of his mind. He still growled a challenge to the shadow he had injured before stabbing it again, as Scamp was flying in its face.

Clacker jumped in and protected Sand from the first blow, attacking a second shadow with his mandibles.

From the corner of his eye, he saw a strange black creature jumped in the fray beside Andraste, that seemed to attack the shades... a problem for another moment.

From the chaos, the construct saw another undead take shape in the background, that his ingrained knowledge also recognized. There would be time to explore how he knew all those thing later, for now, he needed to warn his companions again.


Another dead thing, this one is the screamer! Need magic to really hurt it too!

Scamp uses the help action
Sand strikes 23, 26 (Crit!!!) (advantage) for 10 magical damage (targeting the first shadow he injured, if already dead, he strikes another one)
Clacker uses reaction to cause disadvantage to first attacker.
Clacker uses Sand bonus action to strike and misses again, with a 8.
Free action, warn about the banshee

This message was last edited by the player at 21:00, Wed 05 Aug 2020.

Mathorn
 player, 53 posts
 Elven Ranger
Wed 5 Aug 2020
at 23:02
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Fighting through her irrational fear and the pain shredding her mind, Thorn focused on the battle and on Aisling who flew forward to distract this new, deadly foe. She murmured "Prey", as she unleashed her chakram on the wailing monstrosity.

Constitution Saving Throw vs Banshee's Wail: 9, 10 (advantage), 21 (inspiration)
Aisling helps (cancelling the disadvantage imposed by Frightened condition).
Thorn casts Hunter's Mark on the banshee and attacks.
Primary Weapon: 15
Damage: 18
Wisdom Saving Throw vs Frighted condition: 21
If any opponents move closer to her, she and Aisling will strafe 35 ft.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:08, Thu 06 Aug 2020.

Erik Moor
 player, 9 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 00:27
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The moorbounder responded to the horrifying visage of the banshee by turning away from the shadow it had just struck and leaping directly toward this new terrifying threat. The tatted creature seemed to care very little about leaving itself open to attack and launched itself whole heartedly at the hovering ghostly she thing that seemed to inspire the other shadows. Marks flared once more as claws raked out at the banshee. But something about the leap or the landing threw off the strike enough to be wasted. Which only seemed to make the moorbounder angry as it waited for the right opportunity to strike at the banshee again.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Movement: Leap to Banshee (may provoke opportunity attack from shadow.)
Action: Attack Banshee (Miss)

Potential Reaction: Opportunity Attack on Banshee with a Crit for 31 total magical slashing damage.


This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Takmarin
 GM, 126 posts
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 04:17
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The hunters, scared beyond belief, swing wildly at the Shadow, and only Gizmo is able to connect, damaging it, but the dagger seeming to have little effect.

Althaea picks up her flute and begins to play it, but not before hurling insults at the last Shadow...who just disappears into nothingness.
  (another dead Shadow)

The Banshee, now furious that things aren't working to her liking, lets out a demonic cacophonous wail that sends shivers down everyone's spine.  The high-pitched and eerie scream wreak havoc...your ears bleeding from the sound.

Note:  Sand and Althaea are exempt from the Banshee's Wail.  Those that make their Constitution Saving Throw take 14 points of Psychic Damage.  Those that fail to make their ST, fall to 0 HP.
Erik Moor
 player, 10 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Thu 6 Aug 2020
at 14:04
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
As the high-pitched cacophonous wail burst out of the banshee, the moorbounder that had moments ago leapt at her took the brunt of the attack. It reeled back as something red and fluid began to seep out from its ears and eyes. The head, tusks and all, sank to the ground and, like a kitten trying to hide beneath it's paws, the clawed forpaws of the bounder started scrabbling at it's ears. The musculature of the toad-cat beast heaved in effort and agony before falling still. But only for a moment. As the wail came to an end so too did the moorbounder. It melted away. In its place something else now lay. Someone else. A broad-shouldered tatted up, hairy, near-beast, of a man lay on the ground where the moorbounder had been. He was practically naked, wearing nothing but a what might be considered a loin cloth. And he breathed, untouched by the fury of the undead, for now.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Takmarin
 GM, 127 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 03:36
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The power of the Banshee's blood-curdling scream almost took Thorn down as well.  It took every fiber of her being to keep going; small pools of blood forming on the towel that covered her ears...but hold on Thorn did, and struck back with a vicious blow to the Banshee, the Banshee letting out a different type of scream.  One of pain.

The shadows led a barrage of attacks on Giltris and Sand, but Giltris's protective ward and Clacker's defensive maneuver kept the Shadows from finding purchase with their claws.

Giltris takes a diagonal swipe at the Shadow whose wispy tendrils were fading and the cut was enough to finish the job, the Shadow melting away into a pool of nothingness.

Sand thrusts his spear up and through the Shadow he previously stabbed and hit with a powerful blow, the spear tip coming out the head of shadow's inky head.  The shadow then disappeared.


Note:  There is one shadow left on Giltris and 2 left on Sand.  The Banshee is still over by the graves.
Sand
 player, 67 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 03:57
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The banshee's wail ripped through the temple, and from his position, he saw Andraste stagger, grind her teeth and slash one shadow, the inky darkness dissipating in the air. There was one more on her, but he couldn't do anything about it now.

Curiously, the wail had no effects on the warforged, nor on his creations. He could hear the intensity of the scream, but it was no louder than the warding glyph explosion in the tunnel. So it seemed that the fact he had no ears was an advantage. As he was pondering this, Clacker deflected an attack on him and Sand snapped out of his micro trance, stabbing the one Shadow that was injured, causing it to dissipate in the wind.

One down, two to go

Making sure there was no other surprises, he continued the same tactic, attacking the Shadow that got distracted by Scamp, Clacker ready to intervene, and trying to bite something



Scamp uses the help action
Sand strikes 16, 21 (advantage) for 7 magical damage
Clacker uses reaction to cause disadvantage to first attacker.
Clacker uses Sand bonus action to strike and still misses, with a 7. Poor Clacker!
 

This message was last edited by the player at 04:00, Fri 07 Aug 2020.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 85 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 10:37
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
That was unpleasant. The echoes of that haunting wail are still echoing in my head so I shake it quickly to clear it. Of course such an upsetting creature used to be an Elf! Whatever Thorn did to it seems to have worked, I trust that I can leave it to her to finish.

Where did the large cat go? And who is the naked guy? Nice tattoos.

With only a single shadow left around me I have a few more options open to me. As the creature flails at me I interpose my shield before slamming it into the creature and following up with a thrust of my sword.

Summary
Action: Attack with long sword (12 to hit for 10 slashing damage).
Move: If the shadow is dead move up to 20 ft to flank a shadow Sand is fighting else hold position.

Alternate 1 (Shadow within 5 ft of me is dead)
Move: Move up to 20 ft to flank a shadow Sand is fighting.
Action: Attack with long sword (12 to hit for 10 slashing damage).

Alternate 2 (All shadows defeated)
Move: Move up to 20 ft towards the Banshee.
Action: If I am within 5 ft of the banshee attack with long sword (12 to hit for 10 slashing damage) otherwise I will hold my action to attack it if it comes within 5 ft of me.
Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 101 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 13:14
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Now that the shadow creature in the room with us was dead, I nodded to the hunters and slipped out the door to help my companions. Seeing just the one shadow left by Giltris, still guarding the door I came from, I made that one my target, playing a familiar haunting melody, I let my spell free

Giltris, be strong. Be fierce. We shall prevail!

Move: 30ft or however far it is to stand next to Giltris. (Also, within 5ft of shadow creature)
Action: cast dissonant whispers on shadow in front of us. Wis save DC: 13 Damage: 11
Bonus Action: Give bardic inspiration to Giltris
Conditional reaction: attack Shadow with my rapier if he flees (22 to hit for 8 piercing damage)
Mathorn
 player, 54 posts
 Elven Ranger
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 14:01
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Thorn watched in vicious satisfaction as her attack cut a wispy hole through the howling apparition. She'd known males more intimidating than this undead bitch. In unison as always, she and Aisling launched another brutal volley at this abomination of Nature.

Aisling helps.
Thorn attacks the banshee with advantage.
Primary Weapon: 13, 22
Damage: 14
Off-Hand Weapon: 26 (Critical)
Damage: 24
Thorn and Aisling move as far as possible from Banshee while remaining within 60 ft.

Erik Moor
 player, 11 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 14:31
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The man laying where the moorbounder had been placed the knuckles of his hands on the ground. His face was obscured by an unruly mat of dirt brown hair and beard and emanating from his chest was a growl not unlike that of the creature he had been before though less resonant. Getting his feet beneath him he slowly pushed himself up to a four point stance resting on his knuckles, his legs cocked beneath and behind his torso so he was in something between a crouch and a primal animalistic stance reminiscent of the bounder itself. His neck turned so his face looked at the banshee beside him and through her to the elven woman attacking the thing. Blue eyes looked at her from beneath his hair. They began to darken as his brow furrowed even deeper than it had been before and then a hint of a smirk. A tattoo of intertwining design along his right arm and hand began to shift. A series of inky tendrils lifted from his arm and lashed out at the ghostly being beside him.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
Movement: Stand from prone (Fluff for a more primal stance)
Action: Banshee needs to make a DC 14 strength save or take 11 Force damage (Coiling Grasp Tattoo, minus grappled effect because Banshee)

Forgot to mention my AC dropped to 16 when I reverted.


This message was last edited by the player at 23:15, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Takmarin
 GM, 128 posts
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 15:32
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The hunters seem perfectly happy staying where they are, in the perceived safety of the room.

Althaea slips out of the room and into the fray, and once again whispers her discordant melody at the shadow facing Giltris.  Just as the first, this Shadow is wracked with pain and when it tries to flee the agonizing melody, Althaea, with a stab of her rapier, finishes off the foul apparition.

Seeing the new threat come out of the room and quickly dispatch one of her Shadow minions, the Banshee moves forward with alacrity, closing the distance to Althaea quickly.  She reaches out her clawed hand, dripping with black ichor; her nails digging deep into Althaeas flesh, leaving remnants of the rancid smelling sludge.
(Althaea: 18 points of Necrotic damage)

The Banshee's fearsome blow was short lived however, as Thorn, determined to be rid of this abomination, sends out her chakrams with deadly efficiency, severing the apparition into multiple pieces, one at the neck and another at the torso. (Dead Banshee)

With the death of their master, the remaining shadows dissipate into nothingness, the howling wind abates, and the once chaotic church ruins, now quiet. (Dead Shadows)
Andraste Giltris
 player, 86 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Fri 7 Aug 2020
at 18:39
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
As the remainder of the undead fade away with the fall of the Banshee I take a second to ensure the fight is truly over. When nothing else appears to be readying to attack us I sheathe my sword and turn to face the hunters. I will find out what the naked guy wants after.

"Are any of you hurt?" I ask them trying to keep my voice as calm as possible. (Insert pause for response.)

"Where are Althidon Syllar and Elias Leafbrook?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:30, Fri 07 Aug 2020.

Erik Moor
 player, 12 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 13:31
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
For a short time after the banshee was vanquished along with its shadows, the same beast like man that had appeared out of the death of the moorbounder remained nearly motionless. In the brief stillness in the aftermath of the fight he turned his head this way and that while still poised in his primal stance. Finally satisfied that the thing was dead or at least gone for now he began to move. One leg planted itself more firmly beneath his center of gravity. Legs in a wide stance now his torso lifted drawing his arms and hands up with him. All the way up. He stood to his full height, something over six feet easily. His head raised up and he seemed to almost smell the air around him before finally turning to the folks he'd just jumped into the fray alongside.

He looked at them each with his dark, dark blue eyes. When they came to Sand and his metallic companions his head tilted to one side to a far extreme, like a dog confused by what it heard or saw. Slowly, carefully, he took one step toward them and his head tilted back the other way. His elbows bent and hands came up slowly, palms out and fingers splayed to show they were empty. Like the rest of him his hands were nearly naked as well. On one there was ink that looked like the head of some creature incorporated into the intertwining tattoo along his forearm; on the other there was a simple looking ring carved to look like a leaping moorbounder chasing itself round and around the finger for eternity. He took another careful step. The spacing between each step was wide and odd. His whole body turned with it so mostly only his side was to Sand. It was like he wanted to keep all the combatants in his periphery even while he was focused on the large metallic beetle looking thing. One more step, after which he froze and his eyes darted around again.

Unsure if he could approach any further, he crouched down. His legs coiled to spring away. In a deep voice that sounded like it had not been used for human speech in quite some time hesitantly he asked,
"What    Is   This?" After each word there were small grunts and other animal sound as well as a slight pause as if to search for the correct next word to use, it only half worked. One muscled finger pointed at Clacker.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:16, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 102 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 18:55
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Now that the fighting was over, I had time to assess the newcomer to the group. He seemed quite primal, as though he spent more time as an animal than a human. I did not have much experience with druids, so I was not sure whether that was possible. However, there was still a much bigger concern, the faerie circle.

Elinaora or Gizmo can you describe the path to get to the grove? I need more information on it before I can determine the proper course of action. The Fey are rather tricky and it would help to know who the greater fey that is controlling the circle is. A Banshee is not strong enough on her own to summon one to this world.

Arcana: 18
Sand
 player, 68 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 22:55
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
The battle was over with the death of the screamer, the other shadows disappearing into thin air. Spear always pointed in a defensive gesture, the construct looked around to make sure there was no other threats, the spear point finally dipping down, as the curious near naked human approached the group awkwardly, and pointed at Clacker.

What ... is Ö. This.

The defender knew, in itís limited intelligence, that the man talked about him and raised itís front legs to lift itís head, the red beady eyes reflecting the image of the man on its multiple facets. The nasty looking mandibles opened and closed, like daring the man to approach its master closer.

Sandís big friend is called Clacker.

Suddenly the attention seeking mechanical owl hooted loudly in the air as it did a close flyby of the man before landing 3 feet in front of the druid, looking at him, hooting. Sand shook his head at the antics of his familiar and said.

Scamp is Sand bird friend. What is man's name?

Althaea started issuing orders about going to some kind of circle, but the warforged had seen the last hit she had taken and turned its head towards her.

Althaea injured. Giltris, Thorn and Sand injured too. Sand thinks friends need rest.
Erik Moor
 player, 13 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 07:40
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Crouched as he was, the man watched as Clacker claimed protection of one of it's swarm. Though it was wrapped in a strange shell and made up of things alien to Erik he could easily read it's warning and heeded it. He bowed his head slightly in deference and shifted his weight so that his already non threatening pose appeared just ever so slightly less so. And then that strange whirring bird thing flew by just a little too close. The beast-man's immediate response was to tense his body and he nearly leapt from his position until he saw what Scamp was.

Owls he knew. Even if it was made differently than those he knew, this was still an owl and it seems curious to say the least. His movements still careful, he lifted one arm elbow and hand at the same level so his forearm was parallel to the ground creating a perch of sorts. He hooted in response. His eyes lifted to Sand's mechanical person and he tilted his head to the side again as if processing what was said.
"Scamp." His off hand, the one not being presented as a potential perch, pointed at the mechanical owl and then at toward the guardian beetle. "Clacker." His hand then touched his own chest. "Erik." There was another pause but fewer animalistic sounds between his next words as the practice of speaking common slowly returned to him. "I am..  Erik. Why    is there... Screaming shadows?" The correct usage of present and past tense might eventually come back but for now his wording was still muddled and out of practice.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:17, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Takmarin
 GM, 129 posts
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 13:48
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Darcassan, lead the rest of the hunters out of the room they were hiding in.  Looking around, he saw the half elf walk up to him.

No, we are not hurt.  Thank you for asking.

They were taken from us.  One each night by the Banshee.  We....we were too frightened, almost frozen in place against our will.  We couldn't stop her.  We don't know where they are.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:50, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 87 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 15:32
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
"Thank you. We will see what can be done for them."

My armour drags at me as I stumble over to where Thorn keeps vigil. I am going to need to rest before we continue or I will slow everyone down. Sand seems to be dealing with the stranger, I will leave that in his hands. It will be good for him to deal with new people.

"Thorn, well done in the battle. As always, your skills were impressive. The hunters say that two of their members were taken over the last two days by the Banshee. Can you see any trace of what happened to them?"

This message was last edited by the player at 16:43, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Mathorn
 player, 55 posts
 Elven Ranger
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 15:49
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
So the fascinating creature was just a human after all. And one apparently determined to inflict the view of his full form upon others besides. Disappointing.

Observing no immediate danger, Thorn unwrapped the covering from around her ears and used it to scrub the blood from her skin Ė despite being wounded, she mustnít appear vulnerable Ė before hooking the towel into her belt just in case. Then she raised her hood, chose a dim location close enough to overhear her companionsí conversations and kept a silent vigil for additional threats.

"You as well - no hesitation," she replied to Giltris, making a mental note that the half-elf readily fought undead. "Tracking depends on how she captured them: carrying would leave no trace; forcing them to follow her, some; dragging them, more. You ask. I'll look."

Perception:25 (Natural 20)
Survival: 17

Sand
 player, 69 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 19:27
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Scamp flew back a step when Erik started hooting back at him, surprise in its entire attitude, and started grooming itself, in a mechanical, almost comical, imitation of real life. When the human offered his arm as a perch, the fey familiar sensed an occasion for mischief and flew, not to the arm, but to the top of the manís head, starting to pick playfully at the unwashed hair.

Sand shook his head, discouraged by the owl, then cocked his head to the side, expressing curiosity at the near naked man. He didnít know the answer to his question so he shrugged.


Sand not know why the screaming dead thing was here. Sand thinks it wonít come back. Maybe dead things come from Feywild, Althaea told us itís dangerous.

His focus went past the man, to where the banshee initially appeared.


Erik know where big black beast is? Sand does not see corpse.


The halting speech of the man reminded the construct of his own awakening from the ice, less than two years ago. This savage man was obviously not used to communicate with fellow intelligent creatures, but it saw the efforts the man was making so was willing to be patient with him.
Erik Moor
 player, 14 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sun 9 Aug 2020
at 20:44
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
When the odd owl flew to his head rather than his arm, Erik ducked just a little and rolled his eyes up as if trying to look through the top of his own skull at the mischievous little thing. He didn't seem bothered by the grooming he was getting though and his eyes returned to Sand only to notice that he was being looked past. Instead of turning to see what Sand was looking at he looked up again keeping very still and then looked back and quirked a half smile. "Black beast Moorbounder. I am beast. Erik Moor. Looking for father, Wulf." That number of words strung together at once seemed almost exhausting to the man as he put one hand to his throat and open and closed his jaw moving it side to side.

Still careful not to disturb Scamp's choice of roost, Erik stood, slowly. His head turned to survey the others again, which might have given Scamp pause about staying there.
"Some.  are hurt..." His eye seemed to rest particularly on the armored half-elven woman who had just stumbled. "Have things can help." He said simply.

He hooted a warning to the owl to either fly or hang tight and then he started moving toward the window the moorbounder had leapt through skirting a good distance around anyone in his path. His movement was odd again but swift. It shifted between this nearly upright stance and occasionally leaning all the way forward and planting his hands to propel himself as well. Whether it was this odd gait or just the natural strength wound in his muscles, he was very quick. In no time at all he had made it to the empty window and with an incomprehensible word spoken he jumped through it with ease.

Moments later the sound of someone or something rustling through a bag, clack of wood on wood, and other things making contact with eachother could be heard emanating from the other side of the church wall.

This message was last edited by the player at 23:18, Sun 09 Aug 2020.

Zail
 player, 1 post
Mon 10 Aug 2020
at 00:32
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Seriously! I canít even stop for two seconds to re-adjust my gear without some tattooed human seeing me. Although I wasnít really trying to hide. I assumed fighting that screaming thing would keep them busy. Now how is this going to look? A bunch of heroes, I assume, fighting some screaming monster, kill it and suddenly around a wall they find a little Dark Elf girl going through her stuff. I look over to her.

You were suppose to warn me if anything was coming. What were doing?

She jumps from branch to branch slightly above me. Her feline form adjusting midair to land quietly as possible. As she moves the trail of black mist, same as her coat flows behind her, settling as she stops moving. Her purple eyes (the same as mine) fixed on me. I hear her in my head.

I thought you were more perceptive.

Donít start Drow. Now I have to explain myself to him.

I point at the human staring at me. Damn it. Gritting through my teeth...

Hi, my name is Zail. Zail Hakken

This message was lightly edited by the player at 00:33, Mon 10 Aug 2020.

Erik Moor
 player, 15 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Mon 10 Aug 2020
at 02:13
Re: (IC) 1:  The Clifftop Keep
Erik looked up from his things that he had left on this side of the wall before leaping into the fight. A nearly worn through rucksack was filled to the brim in no organization whatsoever. His eyes landed directly on a new individual, one that hadn't been part of the fight with the banshee. But he had overheard the others talk about others missing or not being present. He started searching through his bag again. Well searching was one word for it. In a squatting position he turned the bag inside out and dumped everything everywhere. A scroll case started to roll and he grabbed it up and stuffed it back in the bag. Patched and poorly repatched clothes were shoved back in along with an assortment of makeshift torches and tinderbox and rope and other equipment that all looked like it had seen it's best days years or even decades ago. The rough hewn wooden shield, pieces together leathers, and old curved blade that had been beside the bag were lifted up as he peaked under them to see if he could find the thing he seemed to be looking for.

At first he had thought that maybe those drag marks he had seen by the grove, the ones leading to it that had given him the thought of a possibility of a scuffle up that way, may have had something to do with the missing hunters. But now that She was here, his eyes went to the dark skinned elf again briefly, there was nothing to worry about. Their friends were back. They'd be happy he found her and maybe they'd be willing to help him find who he was looking for. He kept looking through his stuff uncaring of her presence until his hands finally found the kit he was searching for.

She started talking to him and Erik paused again his one hand resting on the kit. His head tilted to the side as she introduced herself. A single animalistic grunt and a short
"Erik" while he placed his empty hand on his chest was all she got in return.

Kit in hand he slung the overstuffed bag over his person so that it hung in front of him. He looked down at the discarded armor, shield and weapon and back at the hand holding the herbalism kit, shook his head and made to move toward the window again leaving those things there. He leapt up into the window this time, not through it. Bracing himself with his toes holding onto the bottom stone frame of it and his free hand against the side higher up. He looked over his shoulder at Zail and motioned with his head to come join the others. The ones he assumed knew her and then leapt down to the ground back on the side where he had left Sand and the others for a short time.

Raising the hand with the herbalism kit over his head with a self satisfied smile he told Sand.
"This help the hurt. Friend is outside."
Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 103 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Mon 10 Aug 2020
at 03:27
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Sand mentioned needing to heal our wounds before heading to the Faerie Circle, but I was too wound up after the fight to just sit still. I hurt, do not get me wrong. My arm hung nearly useless at my side from the ichor the Banshee left in my skin. Grimacing, I picked up my pan flute and took a deep breath before playing a soothing tune, directing the spell into my arm with my opposite hand. I pulled a piece of cut-up cloth out of my bag and wrapped it around my arm poorly while searching around the church for a common herb that would speed the healing. Seeing it over by the window Erik had jumped through, whoever he was. I crouched down and picked the herbs when I was close enough to them and re-wrapped my arm so it was more capable of keeping my wound sterile. As I stood from my crouch I was able to see through the window at a young female Drow.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I reopened them I looked through the window again hoping she had been a figment of my imagination. She was still there. If any of my companions had been watching me, they saw me blink out of existence; leaving in my stead gold and silver smoke swirling in on itself, whisps of scarlet weaving through the more delicate colors.

I popped back into existence next to the Drow, grabbing her arms to keep her from fleeing should she resist my charms.
Who are you and what are you doing here? I could not help my voice beginning to take on a malicious tone after my most recent experience with those of her race. I did not care this time what manner Giltris would hope we take with the girl. I would not let her get the drop on us.

I could tell she brushed off the magic that came with my appearance, however, I still held her firmly as I called out to Thorn.
Thorn, I think I may have found our missing Drow! I require your assistance!

Perception: 17 to find herb (12+5)
Medicine: 4 (2+2)
Perception: 23 looking through the window (18+5)

Action: Cast cure wounds on self. 11 (2d8+4)
Bonus Action: Fey Step and attempt to charm Zail DC 14 Wis save

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 03:30, Mon 10 Aug 2020.