(IC) 1: The Rescue.   Posted by Takmarin.Group: 0
Sand
 player, 85 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 01:57
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
The next few minutes were interesting to say the least. While Sand was recovering from the mild electrical shock he had received from the satyr and analyzing his systems to see if anything had changed, Erik did this weird chicken race with the fey, both confronting the other. Sand contented himself to watch at that point, until the fey tried to suffocate Thorn. Instantly, he determined that he needed to help the elf and decided to cut the mushroom her face was pressed on, to give her a chance to breathe. The hidden armblade extended from his forearm and he tried to move in to cut the stalk of the fungusÖ but his feet where rooted on the ground, the fey not wanting any interruption of his game with no discernable rules that Sand could see. He started to hack at the vegetation keeping him in place when suddenly he roughly threw Thorn back and called out Erik as the target of a future vengeance, before disappearing, with his grove. Suddenly free, the construct stumble a few step, and, after checking that there was no immediate danger, he retracted his blade and checked on the coughing Thorn, that let him know that she was going to be all right.

Erik was another story. Convulsing on the ground, the man seemed to be in great agony, and Sand approached him, ready to use his magical energies to help him. There didnít seem to have any physical injuries, until he saw those slits opening in the manís torso, which prompted him to actually cast his spellÖ he didnít know want those were, so it was better to heal than be sorry!

Sand casts cure wound on Erik, for 12 HP

Mathorn
 player, 64 posts
 Elven Ranger
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 01:58
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Thorn lay flat on the ground, stunned by the power of the satyr flinging her aside. Even after her vision cleared, she still could do nothing save forcing air into her collapsed lungs. Finally able to breathe again, she rose carefully as if uncertain of her balance.

Yet her eyes darted over the area, hunting first threats and then, with increasing urgency, something else entirely. Apparently locating what she sought rustling through the tall grass toward her, she quickly moved to meet it. A spider the approximate size of a childís training buckler emerged, climbing up her leg and torso before settling on her left should across from Aislingís habitual perch.

A series of chitters and hisses issued from under her cloak; at the sounds Thorn glanced over, regarding the hidden arachnid silently for a moment before flicking back the heavy cloth. The creature quieted, settling herself more comfortably on the pauldron as her multi-faceted eyes regarded the world from this new height. Aisling, who had returned to her right shoulder, ruffled his metallic feathers irritably causing Thorn to reach up and briefly touch his wing in reassurance.

She approached Althaea and spoke in the same level, neutral tone as always: ďI felt Magorian bestow the promised power upon me. Yet I advised you to accept no debt on my behalf and I was attacked by a being with whom you chose to parley. As far as I am concerned, this matter is settled between us.Ē

This message was last edited by the player at 03:15, Sat 22 Aug 2020.

Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 124 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 18:37
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
I felt as though I was not picking up on something Thorn was trying to portray, but she seemed so matter-of-fact that I was not sure how to ask. Thorn, it was not my intent to get you attacked and you would not have been, I glanced in Erik's direction, not wanting to voice that his behavior caused the Satyr to react that way. Regardless of how upset Magorian was at Erik, he was still in control of his own actions. However, it is always wise to use caution with beings more powerful than oneself. I turned back to face Thorn. I was not the one who bargained to give everyone else power. He was simply powerful enough that he did not care that no one else wanted what he might have to offer and did not change the deal upon learning it. I am sorry you were attacked in the process. I was supposed to be the only one who suffered because of this. I will make it up to you, you have my word on that.


OOC: Emily, let me know if you want a persuasion roll here and I'll make one.
Mathorn
 player, 65 posts
 Elven Ranger
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 19:00
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
As she often did, Thorn felt she had missed something glaringly obvious to others. For a moment she was tempted to accept Althaea's offer, but then Aisling stirred on her shoulder. She studied the kite thoughtfully for a heartbeat before looking back at the female and speaking more haltingly as if struggling to explain: "No - I meant there is no debt between us. Either way. Yes?"

This message had punctuation tweaked by the player at 19:01, Sat 22 Aug 2020.

Erik Moor
 player, 31 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 20:21
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
As the healing magics of the metal man coursed through Erik he could feel some of the pain easing. The struggle to breathe through the strange system eased as well. From an outward appearance the slits in his torso began to fade in appearance until they looked akin to something between scars and a new tattoo design seared into his flesh. Internally that strange shifting of things moving about made itself known again and Erik flinched once more. Finally he heaved in a breath through the usual means and his lungs filled with air.

From his place on the ground on his back his eyes met Sand's as the warforged stood over him. He twitched his head downward in a sort of nod of thanks. Breathed again, easier this time, rolled over and pushed himself up to a crouched three point stance position using the shield again. With his non-shield hand he started to probe the new found designs on his torso tenderly. While doing so he looked around at everyone feeling a deep guilt as he noted the fading marks of the Satyr's hand on the back of Malthorn's neck. He knew it was she who nearly suffocated for his defiance even if he hadn't seen it occur. He could see the look in Althaea's eye as well. He was to blame.

He ducked his head down and swiped at the tear beginning to make its way down his cheek. To Sand beside him he asked,
"This. is  on me?"

After a moment he looked up again. There was a different glint in his eye now. A desire to purge his bad feelings by purging something else.


"Was wrong, this IS bad place. Burn it all down."

Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 125 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 20:26
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
I smiled at Thorn and gently placed my hand on her forearm for reassurance. I never intended to make you feel as though you owed me anything for this. I apologize if that is how it came across. I still feel as if I owe you for what befell you in the process. Let me know if you are ever in need of anything.

Looking to the group, Erik makes a good point, we cannot let this place remain. However, we do not want to burn the rest of the forest with it. Sand can your water decanter help wet the area around the grove so the fire cannot spread beyond it? Then, we can use it to put out the flames when the grove has gone.
Sand
 player, 86 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Sat 22 Aug 2020
at 21:31
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
The healing seemed to have the desired effect and Erik started breathing normally again, giving the construct a nod of thanks, Sand nodding in return. Then he looked around and at Thorn, seemingly feeling guilty for the ordeal the satyr had put on the elf. He asked Sand if this was on him. It was a tricky question and Sand took time to think before answering.

Sand believes Erik played dangerous game and Sand is sorry to see Thorn and Erik hurt by horned one. Sand think Erik encountered horned one, or one similar, before. Is this the Gra Erik talked about?

Seeing the druid tense up, he put his hand on the manís shoulder.

Sand sorry to evoke bad memories in Erik. Sand will be there for Erik, if Erik wants to talk. Sand will be there for Erik, if Erik wants to fight bad memory.

The druid seemed to take a decision about the remainder of the fey wild vegetation and Althaea acquiesced, asking for Sandís help.


Sand will help. Sand can move earth to protect normal plant too. Tell Sand what needs to be done.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 103 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 04:54
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
As the hunters step from the cages as they open, Althidon turns to me and the corner of his mouth twitches with a barely suppressed sneer, "We suffered no injuries and that goat-man gave us food and water right before you arrived."

Of course he did; another needless cruelty inflicted on those weaker than himself. I wonder who degraded him so badly that he feels this childish need to flaunt his power and intimidate others. If it was Althaea's mother that might explain why he has chosen this needlessly convoluted way to seize power. I dread what will become of the people if and and when he comes to rule the Feywild. Well that is a problem for another day; maybe She can deal with that, I have my hands full here.

"I am glad to hear you have not been hurt. Your companions are waiting for us back at the church; they were very concerned about you."

This message was last edited by the player at 04:55, Mon 24 Aug 2020.

Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 126 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:05
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
I could see Giltris talking to the hunters and overheard their comment that Magorian fed them shortly before our arrival. I walked over to her, as this information was slightly more pressing than the fire we wanted to set.

I whispered in her ear so that the hunters were not able to hear, unsure of how to broach the topic with them as of yet.
There is no way to counteract the effects of the food they were given. They will need to be told and possibly watched over. It is not uncommon for mortals to starve themselves to death as a result of eating food from my homeland.

Once I had warned Giltris, I looked back over to Sand.

Before we start the fire, we should wet the area around the grove, preferably for a few feet all the way around. I do not want to take the chance of an ember drifting and starting more fires. Once that part is done, we can start lighting the fires around the grove.
Sand
 player, 87 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 16:13
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Sand understands.

Taking his decanter, he started the tedious process of walking around the grove, using water and earth to separate the material plane plants from the invaders from the Feywild. How long did that take? He didnít count it, it was what was needed to do. While he did need to rest every day, since he didnít need to eat, he could focus on a task for his waking hours and get on with it.

Sand uses decanter, mold earth and shape water to create barriers between feywild and normal plants.
Erik Moor
 player, 32 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 17:02
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Sand had offered Erik something he had never had. Or at least something he hadn't had in a very long time. An ear to listen and a friendly presence to face memories with. It was good to hear but right now there was something else the beast-man wanted to do. He had almost started burning things right away but he had enough sense to wait as Althaea requested Sand prepare some way of keeping any errant flames from spreading. He began pacing the entirety of the grove. Just walking about in his beastlike manner brought him from one end of the grove to the other in a matter of moments and while Sand wet areas and covered others with dirt, Erik paced and paced.

Someone talked to the hunters and they responded, in the back of his mind Erik logged that they were screwed when it came to desiring food from this world but it didn't register as highly important. In his pacing he intermittently flicked his gaze toward Thorn and felt the guilt well up again and again. He took that feeling and turned it into something else though and let that fuel his desire to burn this place. As he paced, a smallish tattoo on the back of his shoulder that depicted a small campfire had begun to slowly come alive as he began another guttural chant.

It felt like ages of preparation crawled by. Finally it seemed the metal friend.. Metal man.. Had finished and it was time for Erik to let his fire out. By this point the small fire on his shoulder had let its flames roil up his neck and rest just below his left eye. His free hand began a series of quick motions through the air reminiscent of a tinder being struck as his chant intensified. The sparks of a fire not yet born danced in the glint of his eye and suddenly one of the plants of the feywild on the far side of the grove went up in a flames. A bonfire as wide across as some men are tall and the flames just as high burst forth. In a matter of moments the massive flames burned out leaving only the materials it had ignited to burn and he turned his gaze to the next plant continuing his guttural chant and repeating the motions to cause another bit of this horrid place to burn. It wouldn't take all that long for this whole place to be in flames...

Takmarin
 GM, 150 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 20:18
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Thank you for rescuing us. You say you know our friends?  Have they fared better than we have?

Elias quickly jumps in before you can respond, Is Elinaora okay?  She's my sister...Is she safe?
Andraste Giltris
 player, 104 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 21:37
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
"They were well when we left earlier today. They were frightened but none suffered any injuries. We dealt with the Banshee that was plaguing them before we came here so they should be safe at the church and once we are all together again we will head back to Vertigo." I reach out and rest a hand briefly on each of their shoulder and give it a gentle squeeze. "Please be patient, just a little longer, while my compatriots deal with what the satyr left behind."
Takmarin
 GM, 151 posts
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 02:56
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Thank you.  For rescuing us...for saving our friends.  We are in your debt.  Is there anything we can help with?
Takmarin
 GM, 152 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 03:31
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
It took a couple of hours, but with the help of Sand wetting down and creating a barrier between the Feywild trees and plants, their hope was to focus the fire so as to not burn the whole forest down.  The hunters did what they could, though completely outmatched by Sand's master of water and earth and the fire that raged from Erik.  The preparations were a success, the fire unable to spread past the barriers set in place.  There were a couple times that Erik's eyes bulged with a suppressed anger and the fire seemed to get out of control until Sand put his metal hand on his other shoulder, calming Erik...with the fires slowly dying down.

Once the burn was complete, the group led the hunters back to the church where everyone was reunited; they were embracing, and happy to be back together, and relatively calm with the help of Althaea and Giltris, who eased their tension with their words and gentle singing.  You could tell that with the amount of time the hunters spent out together, it was evident how much of a family they had become.

Though as quickly as it started, everyone seemed to have had enough of this hunting trip and wanted to get on the move right away.  Gathering and packing up all their belongings, the hunters and the party headed back towards Vertigo.

The hunters, after seeing the giant corpse of the Owlbear, stopped and took the time to cut and wrap in cloth as much as they could, spreading it out among themselves to carry, so as to not be empty handed on their return to Vertigo, though they were happy to be coming home with each other.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:35, Wed 26 Aug 2020.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 105 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 04:51
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
As I assist the hunters load the butchered Owlbear onto Sand's cart I approach Elias; he may not be the leader of the band but I have found that humans are more likely to help me than an elf. "Excuse me but I am hoping you can help me. Approximately eight days ago Sebastian denied a young human man entry into Vertigo and he was last seen heading north east. He is a friend of mine and I have been trying to catch up with him. Have you seen him in your travels?" I ask him softly, and pull out the charcoal sketch and hand it to him.
Takmarin
 GM, 153 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 11:42
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Elias looks over the sketch and shakes his head.  Unfortunately I have not, friend.  We usually don't see any other signs of human life out here.

If you don't mind me asking, why would Sebastian deny him entry?

Andraste Giltris
 player, 106 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 13:15
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
"He has always been a bit twitchy, especially when stressed, and after so long in the wilderness I imagine he is highly stressed. Sebastian thought he looked wild and untrustworthy." I pause for a moment to think and out of the corner of my eye notice how dark a brown my hair has shifted. "Are you aware of any other settlements in this area?"

This message was last edited by the player at 21:22, Wed 26 Aug 2020.

Takmarin
 GM, 154 posts
Wed 26 Aug 2020
at 17:45
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
There's a town a little more east of here, but from what we saw when we passed by it, it looks completely deserted.  Haven't been over that way in about a month and a half, so I can't say if there is anyone there now.  Other than that, there really isn't any settlements that I'm aware of.


Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:45, Wed 26 Aug 2020.

Althaea Sylvaranth
 player, 127 posts
 Autumn Eladrin
 Glamour Bard
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 00:57
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
Once the hunters were reunited, along with help from Giltris, we were able to convince Althidon and Elias to eat something before we started on our journey back to Vertigo. I could see by the looks on their faces that they did not enjoy the food in the slightest and I would need to figure out a more permanent solution once we had made our return. For now, I was just happy that they would not lose energy too quickly and need medical attention on the return trip. The cart made travel slow and there was no telling what other obstacles we could face.

Performance: 23
Erik Moor
 player, 33 posts
 Human, Mark of Handling
 Circle of the Moon Druid
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 04:19
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
With the remnants of the Satyr's grove dealt with Erik's spirited stance deflated and he soon returned to his silent, odd walk. He followed the others back to the church, trailing behind and casting his gaze back in the direction of the scorched grove now and then. The trip back to the grove was mostly filled with his silence, allowing the others to discuss whatever they chose with the hunters and each other. Every now and then he would allow his pace to slow and fall back behind the others for a short bit. When he did so he would watch them. His eyes rested on each individually as he took them in. Their stride, their presence, the way they moved when walking and talking and how they moved when they thought nobody was watching. That was the difficult thing to catch as his own manner of observing wasn't exactly subtle. A few times he would walk back up to the group upright in an attempt to replicate someone's movement. It was different each time and as soon as he noticed anyone noticing him he'd drop back down into his easier movement with all his limbs working together to drive him about. By the time they reached the church he had attempted to replicate each and every one of their walks for various lengths of time never really settling on any in particular.

When they got to the church he sat back a little behind Sand and watched the hunters enjoy each other's company still having said nothing. His eyes didn't just rest on the hunters though, they drifted to Malthorn again and again and his mind kicked back to what he had caused her to go through. But he didn't know how to express his guilt and sorrow accurately or how it would be taken. He owed her... Something... For anyone else it may have been as simple as an apology and bygones would become bygones. For Erik it was more than that. It was also a guilt that went far beyond just this one act. There had been others in his past hurt by his actions but he had so rarely had to face them in life afterwards. She was a living breathing reminder of his guilt. A reminder he didn't want to let go of just yet. His eyes flicked back to the hunters again.

Soon everyone was up and moving. It seemed natural for him to do the same. There had been no invitation extended for him to follow them, not directly at least, so he kept his presence as little known as possible. Walking among them in his silence trying again to be more like them. They talked about the upside down mountain, Vertigo, like it was a place to return to and as if they knew people there. This in particular struck Erik as odd as he had never known what the place was like only that he was to avoid it but keep it within sight. Well now it was more in sight than it had ever been before he couldn't stop looking at it in awe and a little bit of anxiety.

For the most part he let them talk without any indication that he was listening but when Giltris talked about a wild and potentially untrustworthy looking person being denied access to this Vertigo by a Sebastian, Erik's head did a tilt, just slight, but different enough from his usual movement to be caught by any paying attention. Would they even let someone like him into this place just to look for someone? How would he even begin to look for his father if he couldn't get in? Was his father even here? Can you ever really trust a crow to be honest? Shortly after paying attention to the conversation he shook his head and started to walk upright more and more often as if testing out this unstable method of traversing.

As Erik became more comfortable with the fact that they weren't kicking him out of the group returning he found liked walking up in front of the cart by Clacker's side. Every now and then he would try and imitate the mechanical beetle's method of communicating. As far as he could tell it was some combination of natural beasts and something slightly other. It was strange and unique and just intriguing to him. Every time he got a response from the thing whether passive work aggressive, the strangest thing made itself present on his face. The hint of a very childlike smile. When he wasn't interacting with Sand's defender he would cast his gaze over his shoulder and watch Thorn, hoping she wouldn't notice the pained look in his eye and confront him but also trying to figure out just what he was doing here. That look would vanish again though just as soon as his interactions with the great metal beastie kicked back up.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 107 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 06:05
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
A deserted town to the east, maybe Rolland has gone there for shelter. It is not much but it is all I have to go on. A rough direction is all I had when I begun this journey so I will not complain now; I will have faith and trust that Rao will steer me true.

I have enjoyed my time in Vertigo but it seems that it is coming to an end. I would love to help the settlement grow and prosper but it seems the time is not yet right. I have previous commitments which must be kept; Rolland is out here alone and I will find him! I will return with the hunters as promised then I will tell Thorin and Sebastian that I must be moving on. Maybe Erik and Zail will assist the others in retrieving the cache from the keep.

The others; it has been nice to have someone at my side again, challenging the darkness of a broken world and mending a tiny piece of it. I will miss them in the days ahead. I was looking forward to understanding them better and helping them find their own peace but that was wishful thinking. In truth, there is little binding us together other than coincidence; though I hoped it was more. At least for a time, they will have each other and I believe they will accomplish much; maybe even save the world if that ancient trickster is correct.

Althaea has paid much for power and I hope she finds it worth the price when the bill comes due. She is a flawed person but she strives to be better; what more can someone ask of another.

Sand will continue its search for order, both within and without. Its questions were difficult but it forced me to question my beliefs, feelings, and preconceptions and I find my faith in the rightness of my path the stronger for it. I will miss the wonder of his creations.

I regret that I do not understand Thorn as well as I should. There is an anger in her but I do not know the cause or its target. In fact, I know nothing of her motivations or her goals; all I can say is that on her own initiative she helped others in need. I do not think she felt she could trust me to have her back and I am sure she will be relieved to be free of my inhibitions.

While I have not had a chance to learn much about Erik, I know that he has suffered great pain. His attempts to study and mimic our behavior is interesting, I wonder if it is caused by a lack of self-confidence or if it is a survival mechanism. I am happy he seems to have bonded with Sand, I think those two can help each other.

And Zail. Sadly I have not had the chance to speak with the young elf yet so I know even less about her. I pray she finds acceptance here on the surface and closure regarding her father. It is difficult when you do not know what happened to a loved one.

I suppose I am being premature; there are hours yet before we return to Vertigo and circumstances may change. I need to clear my head of these distractions and focus on the now; we are in the Wilderness and safety is an illusion supported by our wits and will. This calls for a marching song!

This message was last edited by the player at 21:36, Thu 27 Aug 2020.

Zail
 player, 11 posts
 Drow Rogue/Wizard
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 03:00
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
So now Iím heading to a town called Vertigo. Iím sure itís some ransacked city already destroyed thatís been built into a barely functional town. That wood elf keeps staring at me, makes me uneasy. Iíve been keeping to myself, I donít want to talk to anyone, even Drow has been staying out of my mind. Sheís still resting on my shoulders. I occasionally look over at Althaea and then down at my hands. I felt the energy but how was I changed, I donít feel different but I know I am. Stupid satyr. I canít believe now Iím stuck with this.

Are you? Anger to be stuck with this or with them?

(So youíre up? I donít know. I havenít been a part of anything with anyone, except you for so long. I feel trapped. That Satyr made me part of this game heís playing, you know how I feel about that.)

Itís not so bad, at least weíre not alone anymore. You should at least try to get to know the people youíre ďstuck with.Ē

(I guess I should. Who should I start with?)

The Wood Elf, Thorn.

(Why her?)

Sheís taking an interest in you, might make her less nervous about you.

(Why would she be nervous of me?)

Drow looks at me with that look that means Iím missing something she thinks is obvious. Sheís given me a lot to think about. Letís hope this Vertigo will be a good place to rest and collect my thoughts and figure out how to talk to these new companions of mine.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:11, Fri 28 Aug 2020.

Sand
 player, 88 posts
 Warforged
 Battle Smith artificier
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 14:33
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
The return trip was busy for Sand and Clacker. After finding the cart and owlbear, it was decided that most of the meat would be salvaged and put in the wagon to bring back to Vertigo. From there, because of the trail that was already made when the group arrived, the going was slow but bearable, Sand only needing occasional casting of his spells to keep the travelling relatively smooth.

That gave him time to think. And if that path could be made permanent, maybe the going would be faster for the next hunting trip? That was an idea to ponder. Sand had seen remains of roads during his travels and he had marveled at the practicality of it, so maybe this would be an interesting project to undertake. But there was that keep business he needed to take care of. Maybe after?

After all, Sand had no personal projects now. Oh he still had the rock that fascinated him to repair, still wanted to peer into the dwarfís spell book and hack at it until he understood, but those were thing he could do alone, he didnít need the group that had assembled. He repaired a pot hole on the path with a quick casting of mold earth then looked at his companions. Who were they for him?

Althaea was the first he had met, and the poor woman seemed to have paid an awful price for more power. He didnít know much about the relationship between parents and children but it seemed important to the few families he had seen in Vertigo. Was a child only a commodity to be traded away to the elves? He looked at his hand that the satyr had touched and shook his head. The power promised did not seemed to have done very much to him, as he still felt the same. Maybe the fey had sensed his anger and gave him nothing else than that shock?

Andraste and Thorn both harbored dark secrets, that much was obvious. They dealt with it completely differently though, Thorn seething and brooding, Andraste fighting it and trying to do good. The fight did not always go her way, as evidenced by her hair color changes. He liked Andraste, she was patient with him and did her best to answer his questions, which he had an ample supply of.

For the two newcomers, he still needed to make up his mind about them. Erik had obviously lived a life of pain, and his transformation into an animal really intrigued him. How did that happen? Somehow, he did feel like he wanted to know the man better, and his offer to listen had been sincere. ZailÖ well he didnít know much about her. Scamp liked to pester the shadowy cat that followed her, she was looking for her father, and apparently she was very young for an elfÖ he couldnít tell the difference.

Another pot hole got leveled off before Clacker walked into it, and the little procession continued on their merry wayÖ

This message was last edited by the player at 14:35, Fri 28 Aug 2020.

Andraste Giltris
 player, 108 posts
 Half-Elf Female
 Envoy of Rau
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 17:47
Re: (IC) 1:  The Rescue
As we got closer to Vertigo a thought occurred and I headed over to the young drow. "Good evening neighbour, we have not been properly introduced; I am Andraste Giltris. I thought you should know that the town we are heading to was attacked by a drow raiding party three days ago. The locals are still on edge and will probably not give you a warm welcome. They are good people and will get over it eventually but I thought it best you know what you are getting into."