1: Catastrophe Strikes!   Posted by GM StarMaster.Group: 0
Vogh Kath
 player, 18 posts
 Human Bard/Oracle
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 10:59
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Before Trick left Vogh responded to his comment, "I never said it was a dead wizard.  If he were an elf he could still be very much alive."
Trickster
 player, 20 posts
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 00:21
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Trick rotated once and was gone by the time the tail broke the line of sight. "You never said he wasn't either clever Vogh. All mages can become immortal but most dont. Half the fun is finding out. When pages lead as far as they can the only thing to do is put dust on the bottoms of your shoes." And he was gone like the Cheshire cat.
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 31 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 13:41
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
OOC: Who is all here now?
GM StarMaster
 GM, 58 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 15:19
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
The only two left reading the journals are Chess and Vogh.
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 32 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 15:30
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
With the others gone and only Vogh there she looked to Jarvis ďWhere have you place the body of such a treasure?
Jarvis Martel
 NPC, 6 posts
 Old Human Retired Warrior
 Green Star Sage
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 15:38
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Jarvis looks a bit confused for a moment at Chess's words.

"Do you mean Esmeralda's body?" he asks. "She was laid to rest in the crypts beneath this monastery where all of our monks are buried."
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 33 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 16:01
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Nodding her head Can you take us there? Please
Vogh Kath
 player, 20 posts
 Human Bard/Oracle
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 19:56
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Neither Vogh nor Chess had finished the journals but when Chess asked to see the body Vogh looked to her, "What are you hoping to find?  Is there something you read that might lead you to think that there is something with her?"

Vogh then turned to Jarvis and asked, "Are all your monks and oracles buried with any personal possessions?"
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 34 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 20:23
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Turning to Vogh "One can always try to speak with the Dead, no matter how long they have been away.  The only thing is that we must tread careful in such fields for she is still capable of having a bit of her late self within her.
GM StarMaster
 GM, 63 posts
Fri 23 Oct 2020
at 20:05
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
One of the things that Vogh ran across was a few comments about places in the area. At the time, it didn't seem significant since Esmeralda would write something like, "Tisa Morall from Boxleigh is going to have twins. I don't think she knows it yet. I passed through the village on my way to the Field of Dreams."

Unfortunately, she didn't elaborate on the Field, although there was a later entry that said it wasn't what she expected.


It isn't until Chess works her way back to the period after Esmeralda's Great Vision that she finds similar references. She mentions a black dragon named Causticus that destroyed a village although a hero saved all the people but died killing the dragon. The villagers built a crypt for him, but never rebuilt the village.
Vogh Kath
 player, 21 posts
 Human Bard/Oracle
Sun 25 Oct 2020
at 22:33
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
"So, if this village was destroyed by a dragon and then a hero saved the people and was buried, there should be other stuff written about this and perhaps even the Field of Dreams I spoke of.  Perhaps there is something in the crypt that would aid us more?  I mean we should at least check it out."  Vogh suggested to Chess as they spoke about their findings.
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 35 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Mon 26 Oct 2020
at 00:58
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Chess ala'riina agreed with Vogh "I was thinking the same but we also need to discover if the others learned anything.  Especially those that was looking at the painting.

She wanted to go see more of the crypts but casting the spell there to Speak with the Dead was going to not be done at the moment unless Vogh was able to thread that spell.  Chess ala'riina wasn't able to yet.
Vogh Kath
 player, 22 posts
 Human Bard/Oracle
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 09:12
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
"Sounds good to me, let's head to the entrance,"  Vogh said as she began to head that way.
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 36 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 17:29
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Moving along with Vogh and hoping that Jarvis was leading the way so that they didnít get lost in the monastery.

Before leaving she too a few moment to memorize the room and all that was within it.

This message was last edited by the player at 17:30, Tue 27 Oct 2020.

GM StarMaster
 GM, 65 posts
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 00:41
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Confused. Going back to the entrance to the building or the entrance to the crypt?
Chess ala'riina Nasadra
 player, 37 posts
 Drow Sorceress/Oracle
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 00:46
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Chess ala'riina Nasadra:
Chess ala'riina agreed with Vogh "I was thinking the same but we also need to discover if the others learned anything.  Especially those that was looking at the painting.

She wanted to go see more of the crypts but casting the spell there to Speak with the Dead was going to not be done at the moment unless Vogh was able to thread that spell.  Chess ala'riina wasn't able to yet.

Back to this room.
Hardcore Jimmy
 player, 6 posts
 Half-Elf Ranger/Rogue
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 01:01
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Smoke and dust rose like a cloud on the horizon, slowly growing... showing whatever it's source was making way toward the citadel.

Off in the horizon, a loose and almost matty plume over a helmet... much like hair on a scalp... pokes up into the horizon. It quickly rose into sight, followed by what appeared to be the visage of a humanoid sat atop what may be large turkey of some sort. Trailing just behind it, a full brim cover designed to block the sun made similar entrance into sight, similarly heralding the humanoid wearing it, in a sleigh drawn by the large turkey.

Leaving a wake of smoke and dust behind them as they strode onward toward the citadel.

As they drew closer, it became more clear... one rider, the one on the anima, looked more like a lightly armored and colorful knight. Their armor was open faced covered by a dark green cloak, a light green quiver on their hip with a crimson pack. the plume showed it'self to change varying shades of matallic blue to white with the light, the armor mostly an eggshell white but also letting off sheens of light visible across the distance. Other than the colors presented, and the density of the armor, it was also fashioned in a way much like the local regions knightly uniforms.

The figure in the sled more simple and humble in presentation, they wore what looked to be a straw hat large enough to block out the sun along with oriental style robes crossong their chest and fastened by a belt. They sat comfortably in the sled along with some things bound onto it with rope. The person in the sled was munching on a fruit that looked a lot like a plum.

The sight would lost for a short time, the beast moving it all had a strong pace as it approached the citadel and would only stop just before the entrance or when the three were addressed.

Whichever happened, the person on the beast, masculine in stature and voice, would dismount... the beast itself now looking more man sized than mount sized, the more perceptive eye would see it shrink as it is dismounted, down to about the size of a man instead of overshadowing one.

the armored figure would move with purpose, a smile, and overly raised knees to make a few steps towards that which they were addressing "HAIL!" the voice was boisturous and bold. "I've been called by the local wizard and seek to uncover why!"

The oriental looking person, also appearing masculine in stature, would simply glance over their shoulder but otherwise remained seated... munching their fruit.
Tyrol Halverschlagen
 player, 17 posts
 Gnome Alchemist/Rogue
 AC: 29/18/25; HP: 120/120
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 04:11
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Engrossed in deciphering the script on the paintings, it wasn't until someone called out that Tyrol realized that someone was at the open doors.

"No local wizard here," Tyrol said as he walked over to the man.

"If you've got a green star birthmark burning a hole in your ass, then you're part of the Cycle. And, no, I don't really know what that means."

"An oracle saw great disaster that seems to be the volcano over the mountain. For some reason, a bunch of us were drawn here to stop the disaster."

"If you're one of us, then come on in."

Hardcore Jimmy
 player, 8 posts
 Half-Elf Ranger/Rogue
Wed 28 Oct 2020
at 06:16
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
As Tyrol explained that there was no wizard, the expression of the person in colorful armor quickly shed and changed to one of somber disapointment. The bright demeanor orginally offered from the start quickly disapeared and they just stood there with a dropped expression until the gnome finished his explanation... and then a few seconds more passed until he finally reacted, "@#$%..."

the person then flared their arms out and threw their head back, "%$#@!!!"
This was quickly followed up with them throwing out their middle finger up at the open sky and spinning in a circle as they repeated themselves a third time... offering the gesture to all the elements and nature around them in one fell swoop of indignant demonstration of frustration "a divine gaea's!?! why the hell did I get picked!?"

During this, what can probably be descriped as a tantrum, the person who had been lounging finally finishes their fruit and gives a disenterested glance to the tirade before then moving to disconnect and dissasemble the sleigh... slowly transforming it into a ruck sack of sort.

Finally, turning back to the gnome, "damnit all," they then compose themselves, brush themselves off, and then turn back to face the gnome "Apologies!" their cheary demeanor suddenly returning as if nothing had happened. "Many thanks and a good morning to you, care to catch me up? A bunch you say?" they slap their gloved hand on to their shining chest plate before making more elaborate and peraded steps onward to enter the building.

Once freed, the beast shrunk ever more in size to that of a small wild cat. Once could now make it out to have sharp protrusions from many places across it's body... from it's mouth... the end's of it's thin but feathery arms... and particularly nasty looking ones at the end of it's legs, as well as whisps of smoke.
It's barding equally flamboyant and presenting as it's rider.

It would follow close behind it's rider, but not so close as to get kicked.
Tyrol Halverschlagen
 player, 18 posts
 Gnome Alchemist/Rogue
 AC: 29/18/25; HP: 120/120
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 17:47
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
"I just did! Disaster, volcano, Cycle... that's you and me and the others," Tyrol patiently tries to explain.

"Don't know if it's divine or not."

"Anywhoos, we're supposed to retrieve 12 Wonders in order to stop the disaster, which, I'm guessing, is bigger than just the volcano... world-ending stuff and all that."


Just then, he notices Trickster return, and then Chess and Vogh.

"I'm busy deciphering the scripts on the walls, so, unless you know Drow Sign Language, maybe the women will entertain you."

"Oh, pardon my manors... told you I was busy... I'm Tyrol Halverschlagen, that's Kurat over there with the mirror. Trickster just came in. Oh, and there's Chess and Vogh."

"Two of us went to check out one of the locations of the Armor Wonder and three of us are scouting the volcano. Don't know when any of them will be back."


With that, Tyrol goes back to deciphering the Sword painting script.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:41, Fri 30 Oct 2020.

Hardcore Jimmy
 player, 12 posts
 Half-Elf Ranger/Rogue
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 07:43
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
In reply to Tyrol Halverschlagen (msg # 118):

Jimmy scracthed his chin for a moment as he listened, offering a brief "so you did" after Tyrol re presenting the information he already gave. When The gnome stopped talking, "I do... To the volcano then!" Flourishing their cloak while turning "Flicker! To the Unknown!" The beast from earlier made to quickly move to under the departing jimmies legs before quickly growing nearly 16x  it's size to that of a proper mounts... All the while moving off to the direction of the volcano.

The Fruit munching, straw hat, individual watched impassively as Jim departed before than turning back to Tyrol. A short and casual pace moved the two closer until they where at proper conversation distance, Tim, the straw hatted person, offers a smile and a nod before speaking "What do you have so far?" Craning his neck to look over any visible pages.
Vogh Kath
 player, 26 posts
 Human Bard/Oracle
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 09:42
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Everyone seemed to have been breaking off going everywhere, checking wonders and the volcano which Vogh knew had happened.  When she saw the others checking out the paintings still she came up and asked what they had found thus far.  Vogh too gave all the information that she had found as well, and she wasn't surprised to know that Trickster had already given much of the information they had learned already.

Vogh saw the new person head out having no idea whom they were and so she asked Tyrol, "Who was that?"
Tyrol Halverschlagen
 player, 19 posts
 Gnome Alchemist/Rogue
 AC: 29/18/25; HP: 120/120
Sat 31 Oct 2020
at 18:47
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
"I have no idea who that was or even what it is," Tyrol replies to Vogh, "or even what this is standing beside us."

"Thanks for the info. Don't know if it'll help. I think we're missing something, but I just can't put my finger on it."

Hardcore Jimmy
 player, 13 posts
 Half-Elf Ranger/Rogue
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 00:46
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
Maintaining his smile, "Oh, excuse me, I'm Tim and that colorful individual is Steiner. You can also call either of us by Jimmy, if you'd prefer."

This message was last edited by the player at 23:54, Sun 01 Nov 2020.

GM StarMaster
 GM, 74 posts
Sun 1 Nov 2020
at 03:11
Re: 1: Catastrophe Strikes!
OOC: Her name was Magill and she called herself Lil, but everyone knew her as Nancy...