Prologue - Bad Dreams.   Posted by The Owl.Group: 0
The Owl
 GM, 12 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Fri 10 Jul 2020
at 08:17
Prologue - Bad Dreams

Fire lights the grounds of Hyrule Castle Town. The market has been burnt to the ground, people scream and run. Hu stands by Helor, while Diyan watches their back and the Green Witch rifles through her pack for the last red potion (a Healthy restorative) she has. Monsters roam, ten foot tall shapes of black with solid red eyes. They wield nasty silhouette spears, and look to destroy all the works the people have built up here.

A group of the monsters see the four and begin to close in on them, their attention diverted from chasing bystanders.

[Welcome to The Throne of Sorrow! We'll be opening with a quick combat to work the kinks out, get to know each other a little better, and jump right into action! I've rolled initiative for us all, since that will be faster than having you roll individually. Now let's open with everyone's first actions and the narrative that goes along with it!

Initiative Order
Helor 17
Protector 16
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warriors 7
Hu 5

Helor! A group of shadowy monsters approaches, bent on your destruction! Go!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:37, Fri 24 July 2020.

Helor Highwater
 BrimstoneAngel, 5 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 20:13
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Helor readies his greatsword, the vessel for the spirit of Hu, and prepares to defend his companions from the approaching horde. He raises his weapon and slashes thrrough one of the figures, hoping to stop it dead in its tracks. (Does a 14 hit? If so, the target takes 10 Sharp damage.)
The Owl
 GM, 15 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 20:33
Prologue - Bad Dreams
[14 hits Warrior 1's 13 Evasion, dealing 10-3=7 Sharp damage!

Warrior 1 = 9 HP

Protector's Turn!]


One bearing a shadowy shield rushes in and swings its club down at the back of Helor's legs!

[Protector attacks Helor with Hamstring, dealing 10-4=6 damage!

13:32, Today: The Owl, for the NPC Protector, rolled 10 using 2d6+8.  To-Hit Helor's Vitality 13.

Protector used Hamstring! But it wasn't very effective.

Initiative Order
Helor 17
Protector 16
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warriors 7
Hu 5

Diyan, you're up!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:40, Tue 14 July 2020.

Diyan Daphor
 dragonearth3, 8 posts
Mon 13 Jul 2020
at 22:19
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Diyan knowing that these things are going to be needed to cleared out before they can move on. She then sends out a "sword" beam to the one that Helor attacked trying to make sure it goes down. (if it is already dead attack the next closest one for 8 damage).
The Owl
 GM, 16 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Tue 14 Jul 2020
at 07:39
Prologue - Bad Dreams
A glowing fist flies through the air and strikes the shape holding the big sword, sending it dropping to a knee and turning its malicious gaze to Diyan.

[Diyan hits Warrior 1 for 8 damage!

Warrior 1 = 1 HP PERIL

Initiative Order
Helor 17
Protector 16
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warriors 7
Hu 5

The Green Witch is next!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:39, Tue 14 July 2020.

The Green Witch
 sbodmann, 6 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 16:57
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Green wasn't sure what these things were, but they looked kind of like shadows to her. And she knew how to push back shadows - with light! Pushing some of her magical power into her lantern, she gives it a green glow, then amps up the power until it's so bright that it's hard to look at. "Begone shadows!"


Will cast a 4MP Sol's Gleam

13:32, Today: The Green Witch rolled 12,9 using 2d6+4,2d6+4.  sols gleam.


This message was last edited by the player at 18:32, Wed 15 July 2020.

The Owl
 GM, 19 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 17:14
Prologue - Bad Dreams
[You only have enough Willpower to empower a 4 MP Sol's Gleam, but that's pretty beefy anyway! Give me two To-Hit rolls vs Concentration to see what happens, one against the Protector and one against Warrior 1. Warrior 2 isn't in range.]
The Owl
 GM, 22 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 19:54
Prologue - Bad Dreams
[14 vs Protector's 15 Vitality, 11 vs Warrior's 13 Vitality, neither is a hit so no secondary effect.]

As the lantern flares with emerald light, the shadow creatures silently flinch back, though you can imagine the hiss any other creature would let out when cringing like that.

[Warrior 1 and the Protector are Dazzled, making any attacks they issue Hard To Hit with -2 to any sight-based Perception checks.

Warriors' turn!]


A vicious-looking greatsword is lifted back up into fighting position as the dazzled warrior lets out a silent roar and swings its weapon down in anger at the nearest target: Helor!

Meanwhile, the other aggressive monster circles around the group and decides to throw its weapon at the source of the light, and the one holding it!

[Warrior 1 attacks Helor with Windup Strike, but is Dazzled so has to roll To-Hit Evasion as well as Concentration, both at -2:

12:48, Today: The Owl, for the NPC Warrior 1, rolled 14 using 2d6+6-2.  Windup Strike vs Helor's Evasion 13.

12:48, Today: The Owl, for the NPC Warrior 1, rolled 8 using 2d6+6-2.  Windup Strike vs Helor's Concentration 11.

The attack hits! The secondary effect misses! Helor takes 11-4=7 damage.

Warrior 2 throws his Greatsword at Green Witch!

12:52, Today: The Owl, for the NPC Warrior 2, rolled 16 using 2d6+6.  Throwing Greatsword at Green Witch.

The attack hits! The Green Witch takes 11-4=7 damage!

Initiative Order
Helor 17
Protector 16
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warriors 7
Hu 5

Hu's turn is up!]

Hu
 WanderersGambit, 3 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 20:56
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Hu reached back before remembering - not for the first time - that his weapon form was in the possession of Helor. He gave a chuckle and unwound into several streams of energy that rewound themselves around Smithsoul, sinking into the greatsword. Joining as Helor was following through on his attack against one of the shadowy creatures, Hu-Smithsoul amplified the force of the swing, carrying their blade around in a spinning strike that struck out at every foe in melee range.

Hu uses a minor action to inhabit his weapon form, and then uses Spin Attack in a Burst of 1. It costs 8 Stamina for Weapon + Combat = 6 + 5 = 11 sharp damage. Starting next round, they act on Helor's initiative count, as it is the higher of the two.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:57, Wed 15 July 2020.

The Owl
 GM, 24 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 22:45
Prologue - Bad Dreams
SWOOSH! Smithsoul sailed wide around, catching the two nearby monsters in its path! The warrior was cut apart and burst into wispy black smoke, while the defender was knocked back from the force of the blow. Two creatures remained, and one was looking the worse for wear, so much as a creature of darkness could.

[Warrior 1 is taken out entirely! Protector takes 11-5=6 damage!

Protector = 9 HP, Dazzled

Initiative Order
Helor, Hu 17
Protector 16
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warriors 7

New round, Helor and Hu's turn!]

Helor Highwater
 BrimstoneAngel, 6 posts
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 23:11
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Helor's fairy, Ajri, illuminates the weakened shadowy figure with a faint blue glow. Illuminated by the companion's light, the shadowy figure is made an easy target for the blade of Helor Highwater. Striking with the enchanted greatsword, Smithsoul, he attempts to return the figure to the darkness of which it once came. (Does a 15 hit? If so, it takes 11 Sharp Damage. If it survives, future rolls to-hit against the marked target have +1.)
The Owl
 GM, 25 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Wed 15 Jul 2020
at 23:33
Prologue - Bad Dreams
[A 15 does indeed hit, if only barely!

Protector takes 11-5=6 damage, bringing it to 3 HP! It's in Peril, and it's Hu's turn!]

Hu
 WanderersGambit, 4 posts
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 15:19
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Hu-Smithsoul pulsed with a glowing light as, following up Helor's attack, they shot out a blazing arc of light from the blade of their weapon at the Protector.

[Since Hu-Smithsoul is still at full health, they can use Sword Beam for Weapon + Combat = 11 sharp damage.]

This message was lightly edited by the player at 18:44, Thu 16 July 2020.

The Owl
 GM, 26 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Thu 16 Jul 2020
at 17:53
Prologue - Bad Dreams
PRRING!

The living weapon fires a glowing copy of itself that skewers straight through the monster's shield, causing it to vanish in a puff of black smoke! All that remains now is the unarmed warrior facing the Green Witch!

[The Protector goes down! Too bad he forgot to use any reactions to defend himself and his allies. That woulda been useful.

Initiative Order
Helor, Hu 17
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warrior 7

Diyan's turn! Go gettem!]

This message was lightly edited by the GM at 20:03, Fri 17 July 2020.

Diyan Daphor
 dragonearth3, 9 posts
Fri 17 Jul 2020
at 19:12
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Noticing that the other two went down Diyan rushes the last one and preforms the Serpentís Fangs technique on the last one standing.

13 and 16 to hit each do 7 if both hit total is 17

This message was last edited by the player at 23:49, Fri 17 July 2020.

The Owl
 GM, 29 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 01:19
Prologue - Bad Dreams
The final creature is pummeled to its knees by Diyan's metal fists! It slowly begins to rise to its feet again, smoke seeping out of invisible cracks on its body.

[Warrior 2 takes 17-3=14 damage, reducing it to 2 HP!

Warrior 2 = 2 HP

Initiative Order
Helor, Hu 17
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warrior 7

Green Witch's turn!]

The Green Witch
 sbodmann, 10 posts
 HP 5/12 MP 4/8 SP 4/4
Sat 18 Jul 2020
at 23:57
Prologue - Bad Dreams
In reply to The Owl (msg # 16):

Green directs her magic through her broom, shooting a glowing green globe of magical energy at the creature.


18:56, Today: The Green Witch rolled 11 using 2d6+6.  magical salvo.
I think that's a miss.

The Owl
 GM, 31 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Sun 19 Jul 2020
at 00:20
Prologue - Bad Dreams
The warrior manages to sidestep the incoming magic from behind it, then runs its way to the weapon it threw at the Green Witch, easily hefts it back up, and takes a leap at her, bringing the black sword down for a heavy strike!

[Green Witch's salvo misses the Warrior's Evasion of 13, and passes the turn to it!

Warrior 2 takes its turn to Move, use a Minor Action to grab its greatsword, and use the Jump Attack Technique on Green Witch, dealing an automatic 11-4=7 damage! Green Witch auto-Parries (where I just assume you Parry the first attack that comes your way), bringing the damage down by half to a final total of 3 damage! The Warrior is now Off-Balance until the start of its next turn.

Initiative Order
Helor, Hu 17
Diyan 15
Green 10
Warrior 7

Helor and Hu, it's up to you!]

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:31, Mon 20 July 2020.

Helor Highwater
 BrimstoneAngel, 7 posts
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 01:47
Prologue - Bad Dreams
Helor runs towards the off-balance figure and strikes at it. (Does a 13 hit? If so, 11 Sharp Damage.)

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:03, Fri 24 July 2020.

The Owl
 GM, 34 posts
 Would you like to
 hear that again?
Fri 24 Jul 2020
at 05:15
Prologue - Bad Dreams
[A 13 just barely hits, and 11-3=8 damage is enough to kill it!]

Smithsoul cleaves through the massive shadow, splitting it in two before both halves dissolve into smoke and blow away! The last monster defeated, light begins pouring from the fountain in the center of the market square, even as the rest of Castle Town continues to burn. A young woman's voice rises up from the glowing white water.

"Wake up! The Nightmare is real! Please, wake up and come to the castle, quickly!" And the cries of anguish and fear fade away, followed by the surrounding town, the fires, the market square, the fountain, and finally the heroes.

They each wake up.