Zodanga.   Posted by Jeddak.Group: 0
Nantas
 player, 210 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Wed 3 Nov 2021
at 20:36
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
[OOC: my hope is that my threat will have the best possible success (i.e. she surrenders, as she has been disarmed) and that her (dishonourable) minions that used to shoot at me will surrender as well]

Okay then you need the extra damage dice to roll and try to give her a Fear affliction.  It's basically just like when you roll for an Injury (from sword or pistol) but instead of applying to her Wounds stress track it will apply to her Trauma stress track.  As a Villain she has separate tracks for Stress just like you do.

You wouldn't roll damage for a sword and then try to increase quality of success for greater damage, you'd just spend it on more damage dice to roll.  Same thing here.

If you do want to increase scope of success I'll let you affect 1 extra target for each Momentum spent and, since the Minions from above will arrive this round, I'll let you apply any Fear Stress to one of them as they appear (assuming you roll some Stress, so far your attack has not done any).  So you'll still need to roll at least 1 or more Combat Die and hope for anything other than a 3 or 4.


[OOC: here is the extra roll: 21:32, Today: Nantas rolled 5 using 1d6 with rolls of 5.  extra damage.]

This message was last edited by the player at 20:33, Thu 04 Nov.

Jeddak
 GM, 193 posts
 Threat: 5
Wed 10 Nov 2021
at 02:20
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Isalia
Nantas knows he holds the advantageous position, his blade is in had(s) and the slave captian's lies on the floor.  There is still the pistol at her side but his threat upon her should make her wary to reach for it.  And she does not but....instead lifts her hand to her scantly clad chest in an display of weakness.

"And would you strike me down, unarmed as I am?  Are you so savage that only blood delights you?"

Again her beauty strikes Nantas and for a moment he questions his own actions.

Okay Isalia is going to try a Threaten/Intimidation attack of her own, trying to use her beauty to Confuse Nantas.   But he's a savage Green Man and likely less vulnerable to such tactics from a Red Martian so will make this a D2 test for her.

20:09, Today: Jeddak rolled 16 using 2d20 with rolls of 6,10.  Isalia Insult/Threaten Nantas 10/4-.
- she just succeeds

Nantas attempt to see through her feminine wiles using Daring + Passion or Might.  You need only 1 success


White Ape
The hairy brute is enraged from the wound Demetrius has dealt it and attempts to overrun and crush the Jasoomian beneath its great bulk.

20:13, Today: Jeddak rolled 33 using 2d20 with rolls of 15,18.  White Ape attack Demetrius, 17/7-
- only 1 success

Demetrius defend yourself


Slavers
Into this scene then come those slavers who had fire upon Nantas from above, intending to charge at the Green Man on the second level but now finding him no longer there.  In their confusion they gaze down upon the floor, the brutal struggle between Demetrius and the White Ape so close to where their mistress Isalia stands before the giant Green Man Nantas in apparent weakness.  It is too much for one of their number who cries, "Isalia is taken, it was foolish to follow her."  Before any of his companions can stop him he disappears from the railing, presumably to exit the building and find other employment elsewhere.

As for the rest, they yell, threaten and taunt Nantas but their position is weak and their words do not cause the Green Man any doubt.

3 Slavers remain in this group now.
Between the distance and the poor position they are in, with Isalia nearly unarmed and showing weakness to Nantas, not even going to roll for their Threaten attacks.

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:21, Wed 10 Nov.

Nantas
 player, 211 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Wed 10 Nov 2021
at 13:37
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
[OOC: 14:33, Today: Nantas rolled 12 using 2d20 with rolls of 5,7.  Daring 9; Might 6.]

"You make appeals to honour only after losing your fight, while your followers repeatedly shoot at me while I was fighting with my sabres and you didn't care about that lack of honour."
Demetrius Esper
 player, 230 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Thu 11 Nov 2021
at 02:04
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius expects the onrush from the great beast and steps aside neatly.

Spend 1 Momentum, which was wasted, but still got my one success. Gain an extra d20 on my next attack against the beast.

21:03, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 12,19,15 using 1d20,1d20,1d20 with rolls of 12,19,15.  Defending Daring + Reason 14/7 +1 Momentum.

Jeddak
 GM, 195 posts
 Threat: 5
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 13:59
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
You have the slaver captain helpless before you.  Isalia motions for her lackeys to stand down and holds up her hand in a show of surrender, "I cannot call off the ape.  Once it is joined in battle it will only cease when it or its opponent is dead."

And so it will be.

Declare you actions!
Demetrius Esper
 player, 231 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 22:15
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius crouches and springs onto the great ape's back. He manages to slice into the back of its neck with his blade and then kicks the wound to cause the ape pain, but his balance wobbles...

Attack using my bonus d20. Get 4 successes--and a Complication! For the Complication, I propose that Demetrius falls off the ape's back and lands on his back, making him defend at Difficulty 2.

Deals 3 damage (2 rolled + 1 sword effect). If that hits, I'll spend any generated Momentum on damage!

17:12, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 5,3,5,1 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6 with rolls of 5,3,5,1.  Damage before Momentum.
17:12, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 3,20,6 using 1d20,1d20,1d20 with rolls of 3,20,6.  Attack the ape w/bonus d20 13/6.



16:45, Today: Jeddak rolled 21 using 2d20 with rolls of 4,17.  White Ape defend vs Demetrius, 11/4-
- weeeeeell, 2 successes, you earn 1 Momentum.  Bank or use and roll your damage

This message was last edited by the GM at 22:46, Fri 12 Nov.

Nantas
 player, 213 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Fri 12 Nov 2021
at 22:57
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
"I accept that you surrendered to me and I accept that you can't control that beast. Stay there, at fair distance, so that the beast won't hurt you and let me deal with it. I will be back to you once it will fall."

Nantas turns around at jumps at the Ape, attacking it with his trusted sabres.

[OOC: 23:53, Today: Nantas rolled 8 using 2d20 with rolls of 2,6.  Cunning 9; Daring 9. Four successes?]


Momentum
2


Yikes!  That's 4 successes.  Poor little White Ape defends with...

17:03, Today: Jeddak rolled 25 using 2d20 with rolls of 14,11.  White Ape defend vs Demetrius, 11/4-.
- only 1 success, you hit and generate 2 Momentum!  Bank or spend as you choose and roll your damage!

poor little white ape...



07:51, Today: Jeddak, on behalf of Nantas, rolled 4 using 2d6 with rolls of 2,2.  Damage
- 4 damage

Bank extra Momentum

Momentum
3

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Mon 15 Nov.

Demetrius Esper
 player, 232 posts
 Mom: 1 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Sat 13 Nov 2021
at 00:53
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Spend the 1 Momentum earned and 1 Momentum from my pool for damage, get 1 more damage on the ape!! Total of 4.

19:52, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 3,1 using 1d6,1d6 with rolls of 3,1.  2 Momentum for damage.


White Ape takes 4 stress.

Demetrius will defend at D2 difficulty until his next turn

UPDATE: Coupled with the 4 stress Nantas caused this takes the Ape to 0 stress and causes another Affliction

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:58, Mon 15 Nov.

Jeddak
 GM, 196 posts
 Threat: 5
Mon 15 Nov 2021
at 14:06
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
White Ape

The white ape reels under the assault of both Green Man and Jasoomian and it bleeds from a dozen or more cuts.  With a mighty roar it rears up on its back legs and slams itself down upon Demetrius with all it's great might.

08:05, Today: Jeddak rolled 9 using 2d20 with rolls of 2,7.  White Ape attack Demetrius, 17/7-.
- 4 successes, Demetrius defend yourself


edit: Ape has 2 Afflictions, making that a D3 test.  It actually only had 2 successes.

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:46, Tue 16 Nov.

Demetrius Esper
 player, 233 posts
 Mom: 1 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Mon 15 Nov 2021
at 21:09
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius watches the ape's movement. He smiles as he watches it wind up. As the ape's hands slam down, Demetrius springs straight into the air...

Burn both of my Momentum for 4 dice; I get 6 successes! That refreshes the two Momentum that I used and I get my Thinks Fast on His Feet benefit.

16:07, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 6,7,8,14 using 1d20,1d20,1d20,1d20 with rolls of 6,7,8,14.  Defending Daring + Reason 14/7 +2 Momentum.


Add 2 more Momentum since I forgot about the ape's Afflictions.  You can spend now or bank.

Let me know which.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:45, Wed 17 Nov.

Nantas
 player, 214 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Sun 21 Nov 2021
at 21:51
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Nantas attacks the huge ape as well, helping his companion.

[OOC: 22:49, Today: Nantas rolled 17 using 2d20 with rolls of 12,5.  Cunning 9; Daring 9. Three successes?]

Giving Demetrius a chance to spend his Momentum before moving to next turn/your actions

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:22, Wed 24 Nov.

Demetrius Esper
 player, 237 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 19:44
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
...and, soaring above the ape' head, slashes at its face as he falls quickly behind it!!

Of the four generated Momentum, bank 1 and use 3 for Counterstrike: I get 2 successes and a Consequence! If I beat it, it takes 4 damage (2+2 extra for Effect from sword).

14:42, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 5,6,3,4 using 1d6,1d6,1d6,1d6 with rolls of 5,6,3,4.  Damage, if that hits.
14:42, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 11,8,20 using 1d20,1d20,1d20 with rolls of 11,8,20.  Counterstrike: Attack the ape w/bonus d20 13/6.


14:41, Today: Jeddak rolled 28 using 2d20 with rolls of 9,19.  White Ape defend vs Demetrius, 11/4-, D3.
- Ape only gets 1 success on a D3 action, failure

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:42, Mon 29 Nov.

Jeddak
 GM, 200 posts
 Threat: 5
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 20:54
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
The crash of the Ape's body is the only sound as it falls to the Jasoomian's counter-strike.  Then all is quite. Looking round you see no sign of Isalai or her crewmembers, apparently the slaves have fled while you battled the last White Ape.

The sound of running feet from one hallway causes you to spin, prepared to defend yourselves from a slaver attack.  Instead Alya and Ducet Cog appear and quickly explain that Zodanga authorities are even now gathering.  The sounds of combat and the howls of the White Apes echoed over the streets outside.  Soon they will surround the building and cut off any chance of escape.

Unless you mean to battle Zodangan security forces, you must gather Patterson Boon and make haste from the building!

Ape took Stress after it was already at 0 Stress.  Automatic Affliction,  Ape is dead.

What now?  Will you attempt to battle your way through the Zodangan soldiers or sneak away unseen?  Where will you go should you escape?

This message was last edited by the GM at 20:54, Mon 29 Nov.

Nantas
 player, 217 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Mon 29 Nov 2021
at 21:06
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
[OOC: I propose to sneak away unseen. If the roofs are close enough, we can go that way, otherwise we can take a back door...]
Demetrius Esper
 player, 238 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 00:45
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius turns to his large friend and says, "Caution is the better part of valor! Let's make our way out. Alya, Ducet, do you have any suggestions on a good way out?"
Jeddak
 GM, 201 posts
 Threat: 5
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 05:51
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
"Not out the front," Ducet Cog shakes his head, "There are already a dozen security officers there."

Aeryn scaned the unfamiliar building, trying not to get distracted by the strange machine and dozens of men and women hooked to it, "We have only just come from outside, it is possible we were seen entering.  Pick a direction, any is better than none at this point."
Nantas
 player, 218 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Tue 30 Nov 2021
at 08:38
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
"I'd suggest the opposite direction from where the security officers are. By the way, let's see if there is something light and valuable that we can plunder."
Demetrius Esper
 player, 239 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Wed 1 Dec 2021
at 19:40
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius agrees and leads the group in that direction, Patterson in tow!
Jeddak
 GM, 202 posts
 Threat: 5
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 13:39
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
You find a doorway leading from the building and from it observe that security forces are attempting to encircle the building but as yet they are few in number with only a bare few covering this side.  It may be possible to slip away in the confusion but you will need be quick.

Who will lead the escape and who will assist?

Lead - make a D2 Daring + Reason to move quickly and smartly out of the tightening noose
Assistant - can roll 1d20 also against their Daring + Reason

I'll make an opposed Cunning + Reason roll for the Zodanga security to to see who scores the most Momentum

Nantas
 player, 219 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 21:45
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
[OOC: my Daring is 9, but Reason is 4... how about you?]
Demetrius Esper
 player, 240 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Thu 2 Dec 2021
at 23:32
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Demetrius quickly times the guards' movement and then leads the little group, darting from place to place!!

Daring+Reason is fantastic. Spend both of my Momentum for a cool 4 Successes!

18:31, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 19,1,9,10 using 1d20,1d20,1d20,1d20 with rolls of 19,1,9,10.  Daring+Reason 14/7 + 2 Momentum!!


18:52, Today: Jeddak rolled 27 using 2d20 with rolls of 19,8.  Zodanga security notice, 10/4-.
- only 1 success, you generate 1 Momentum unless Nantas wishes to assist you

This message was last edited by the GM at 00:53, Fri 03 Dec.

Nantas
 player, 220 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Sat 4 Dec 2021
at 20:46
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Nantas provides his assistance.

[OOC: 21:44, Today: Nantas rolled 24 using 2d20 with rolls of 16,8.  Daring 9; Reason 4 - assistance.
One success.

What's the impact on my Momentum pool?]


Unfortunately when Assisting you only roll 1d20, not 2d20. Your 16 will not generate a success but in this case that should be okay

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:10, Yesterday.

Demetrius Esper
 player, 243 posts
 Mom: 2 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Wed 8 Dec 2021
at 01:04
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
GM, I think that gives us 2 Momentum total. I'd like to spend my Momentum to improve the quality of success. Nantas can bank his if he wants :-)

This message was lightly edited by the player at 01:04, Yesterday.

Jeddak
 GM, 203 posts
 Threat: 5
Wed 8 Dec 2021
at 02:32
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
There is still much confusion as the Zodangan authorities attempt to establish a perimeter. Their attention is split between watching the building, directing those nearby to move away, and numerous other distractions.  Into this sea of movement Dimetrius leads the group, timing his advancement just as a group of Isalia's crew begins yelling at two of the officers.  It seems likely they intend a distraction, assuming that many of their people are still inside.  If they notice your movement and are surprised by the sight of a Green Man among you they make no sign.

Soon you are blocks away from the warehouse, lost in the throng of Zogangan populace.  In an alleyway you are finally able to rouse Patterson Boon, he is confused and it takes many minutes before he is able to recall and relate his transport to Zodanga in Isalia's ship and the final moments when he was attached to the strange machine in the warehouse.  After that...nothing.  Not even dreams.  He is surprised to learn how much time has passed and is indeed thinner and weaker than before; whatever nourishment was given to those connected was hardly sufficient to keep them in good health.

The time has come to determine your next course of action.  Carth Val-ab, who directed you to Isalia's residence, expects you to report the specifics of Isalia's operation in exchange for the help he provided.  He claims that his network will be watching you and alert him should you try to leave without returning to him first....but your choices are your own.

What will you do?
Nantas
 player, 221 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Wed 8 Dec 2021
at 21:59
Re: Battle of the Warehouse
Nantas shakes his head and rolls (independently) his eyes, thinking about the risks that they took to release an individual of low value. Now, with Isalia dishonourably on the run after surrendering, he may have problems leaving the city.
"Maybe we should go to Carth Val-ab, now." He says.