Zodanga.   Posted by Jeddak.Group: 0
Jeddak
 GM, 141 posts
 Threat: 5
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 02:16
Zodanga
The first view of a Martian city is intimidating for Demetrius.  The architecture style is different from any Earthly culture he is familiar with and many of the buildings rise much higher than he would believe possible; perhaps the lesser gravity of Mars allows such structures which would not be feasible on Earth.  Add to this the flow of pedestrians on the ground and the frequent flyers overhead and it is truly a wonder to behold.

Ducet Cog takes the thoats and locates a stable where they may remain while the rest of you wait in a small plaza.  Nantas notices some dark looks but none of the passersby pay Demetrius or Aeryn any mind.  Upon the white martian's return Ducet Cog asks, "Is there a plan for how we are to find who you search for?"

Aeryn frowns and looks to you both, ready to listen to any suggestions.
Nantas
 player, 144 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 17:59
Zodanga
"Let's keep a low profile and have a look around first. First time for me in Zodanga."

This message was last edited by the player at 17:59, Fri 02 Apr.

Ducet Cog
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 22:06
Zodanga
"A wise choice," Ducet Cog nodded to his lord, "Zodanga is much as other Red Martian cities but the slave gangs are openly accepted here," he motions as a group leads a line of slaves past; most are red martians but a small few other races are present, "and the smugglers and worse are...well ignored I suppose unless they cause too much of a disturbance."

"At least that was my experience ords ago and from the looks of things little has changed.  Oh the bribes I had to spend just to sell here; it simply wasn't worth the expense,"
he grimaces at the group of captives bound for servitude.

This message was last updated by the player at 22:06, Fri 02 Apr.

Aeryn Arj
 NPC, 7 posts
Fri 2 Apr 2021
at 22:09
Zodanga
"I do not know if the woman who took Patterson was a slaver," Aeryn frowns, also considering the group as they pass the plaza, "but if we are correct that she also arranged for our transport here on the slave wagon then one of their factions is certainly involved with her."
Demetrius Esper
 player, 146 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Mon 5 Apr 2021
at 22:43
Zodanga
Demetrius scratches his chin. "Folks, I'm a little out of my depth, here. My best bet is for us to play the part of mercenary and earn some coin so that we can move about a bit more freely. I'm open to any suggestions on where to go to do that. Worst comes to worst, I could talk to some folks on the street, but I'm a little worried I'll have to bribe anyone I talk to, based on what you're saying, Ducet."
Jeddak
 GM, 144 posts
 Threat: 5
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 01:53
Zodanga
Ducet Cog nods as Demetrius speaks, "Yes posing as mercenaries is still an excellent ruse but I think we should focus on speaking with slavers to locate your woman.  We do not know her name but do any of you remember her well enough to describe her features?  Slavers often have tattoos or other markings which indicate the gang they are a member of; do you recall any on her?"

The White Martian's questions spark your memories of the woman who stood outside your cell; who you suspect took Patterson with her in the ship you saw depart the Warhoon city.  For a moment it is as if you sit chained once more, you can almost smell the stench of the place and feel the aches of the wounds you have received in combat in the area.  Distantly the cried of the Warhoon fill your ears.  You recall looking at the red woman through the bars...

What do you recall about her?

Make a D1 test using Reason + (Passion OR Empathy) to remember details about the strange woman.  For every Momentum gained you may spend to recall and extra detail
Demetrius Esper
 player, 147 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 8/6/8
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 20:45
Zodanga
Demetrius' attention to detail is solid, if not spectacular...

1 success.
16:45, Today: Demetrius Esper rolled 12,15 using 1d20,1d20 with rolls of 12,15.  Reason + Passion 13/6.

Nantas
 player, 145 posts
 Mom: 0 | S(C/F/I): 4/9/9
 A (C/F/I): 0/0/0
Tue 6 Apr 2021
at 21:03
Zodanga
Nantas is perplexed:"How is the search for this woman going to be useful for us?"

[OOC: 22:02, Today: Nantas rolled 19 using 2d20 with rolls of 3,16.  Reason 4; Passion 4.]

This message was last edited by the player at 21:04, Tue 06 Apr.

Ducet Cog
 NPC, 2 posts
Wed 7 Apr 2021
at 01:57
Zodanga
Both Earthman and Green Man recall the general features of the woman and believe they would recognize her again if they saw her.  But Nantas recalls a particular marking upon her left forearm and is able to sketch it in the dust of the plaza.

Upon seeing the sketch Ductet Cog's eyes widen and he bends down to make a small adjustment, "If this is the mark she bore then she is a member of one of the largest and most powerful slave rings in all of Zodanga."  He rubs his chin in thought before nodding and adding, "If this woman took your friend in chains and brought him to Zodanga then she did not hire the slavers who transported us all by wagon.  She was, in fact, part of their same organization.  She must be someone of prominence in the group, to take select slaves by flyer while the bulk were transported by lesser members by wagon."