Defying Nypoll's will!   Posted by Lords of Light.Group: 0
Pig Rider
 NPC, 7 posts
 Humanoid pig
 Not kosher
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 14:58
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
The race continued into the moonlit desert sands. Due to the afterburners of the Pig Riders, and the used up state of the group's own after burners, the Riders comes much closer now. The party can see the gleaming tusks and hear the oinks as the pig men are so close they can be reached with hand to hand attacks.

OOC: Everybody expect Astrid is up! All drivers need to make dex saves to keep control of their bikes in addition to any other action they take.
Katarina
 Player, 40 posts
 HP-8/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 16:46
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
I rolled a natural 20, is that bad?
Lords of Light
 GM, 117 posts
 Watcher over all...
 of this ruined earth
Tue 27 Oct 2020
at 17:44
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
In reply to Katarina (msg # 26):

OOC-indeed it is! Also, you should post all your rolls in your private thread. Then when we hash out the results you post that.
Lords of Light
 GM, 123 posts
 Watcher over all...
 of this ruined earth
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 12:30
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Even as Katarina tries to maneuver away from the incoming attacks of the energy pistols, she cannot avoid one of the nitro-like boosted bike of one of the riders. The Pig rider viscously side swipes her and Astrid's bike. She loses control and both woman go flying as the bike crashes. Even as they struggle to rise, other riders are heading directly for them...

OOC-07:26, Today: Lords of Light rolled 6 using 1d6. Astrid and Katarina take that damage, minus whatever armor points they have.

Quetz on the other hand manages a leap off of his bike and lands directly on one of the nearby rider. He shreds the pig man, knocking him off the bike and flips off the vehicle. The raptor then lands in mid-stride, running with a cheetah-like sprint back towards the bike with his friend upon it.

OOC-Astrid is up, after she takes her damage can do her normal attacks. There are going to be pig riders within melee range if she wants to try it.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:32, Sun 15 Nov 2020.

Katarina
 Player, 46 posts
 HP-8/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Sun 15 Nov 2020
at 21:46
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Landing as smoothly as she could, Katarina's dextrous form tried to roll to soften the landing, but it was simply going too quickly for her. Bouncing and bumping as she rolled along, whimpering in pain as she hit a particularly large rock, she finally thudded to a stop at the end, and looked towards Astrid apologetically,

"I'm sorry!" she said, trying to look around and get to her feet as quickly as she could to avoid being run over.

Looking around, she tried to locate the bike, to be able to get it working again, if possible... otherwise her and Astrid were finished.
Astrid
 Player, 42 posts
 HP-14/14, HD-1d10
 Armor-2
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 01:41
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Astrid tried her best to land softly as the vehicle careened out of control, though it was all for naught as her shoulder slammed into a rock as the blonde rolled free of the wreckage. With the attacking swine within melee distance, Astrid pulled out her axe.

The barbarian had visions of pork roast, but the distracting thoughts made her attacks ineffectual. Astrid did connect once, but it didn't seem to produce all that much harm to the enemy.
Pig Rider
 NPC, 8 posts
 Humanoid pig
 Not kosher
Tue 17 Nov 2020
at 23:05
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
In reply to Astrid (msg # 30):

OOC: Astrid takes 4 damage, Kat takes 5.

Astrid cuts a Rider as he drives by, but its mostly a nick due to the high speeds they are moving at. They proceed to try and circle the two, but half their numbers break off to follow Elric's bike and Quetz's fast moving form.

(OOC-All PCs expect for Astrid are up!)
Elric
 Player, 29 posts
 HP-10/10, HD-1d6
 Armor-1
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 15:32
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Elric continues to live the Biker lifestyle as he controls the metal monstrosity between his legs...
Katarina
 Player, 47 posts
 HP-3/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 01:51
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Her eyes suddenly widened, as she realized they were vastly outnumbered, and that Astrid would get herself hurt if Katarina didn't help.

Running forward, she threw herself in the direct path of one of the vehicles, trying to get its attention without seeming like she was. Looking suddenly panicked, to bait him into following her, she swiveled her hips and ran directly to the side, dragging the biker's path into the other one's, hopefully causing chaos. Then, she did it again, bringing the biker's into one another's paths, hopefully knocking one down, but at least distracting and slowing them all down to give Astrid some time.

This message was last edited by the player at 22:51, Mon 30 Nov 2020.

Lords of Light
 GM, 126 posts
 Watcher over all...
 of this ruined earth
Tue 24 Nov 2020
at 00:33
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
In reply to Katarina (msg # 33):

OOC: Yes, but make your rolls and such in your private thread to me, and then do a write up of the in-game action here.
Quetz
 Player, 53 posts
 HP-12/12. HD-1d8
 Armor-3
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 15:23
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!

Quetz screams and leaps upon a pig-rider and BITES him.

This particular pig-man is not as tough as those who were previously pursuing the individual members of the now-assembled party, and the bite proves deadly.

Quetz gets on the downed pig-man's bike, and pilots it over to the currently-on-foot ladies...
Astrid
 Player, 45 posts
 HP-10/14, HD-1d10
 Armor-2
Tue 8 Dec 2020
at 03:18
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
As Kat played matador, Astrid lined up a couple shots with her battle axe and took two huge hunks of pork out of piggies that ventured too close.
Elric
 Player, 32 posts
 HP-10/10, HD-1d6
 Armor-1
Wed 9 Dec 2020
at 19:02
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
As Elric drove he reached out his hand and the unnaturally long black sword with red runes appeared within it and then sliced the head off one of the foes before it could make a snide remark.  In a flash, the sword was sizzling with the creatures blood.
Pig Rider
 NPC, 9 posts
 Humanoid pig
 Not kosher
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 14:40
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Sure enough, Kat's distraction caused a massive bike pile up. Each Pig rider slamming into another because they where unable to get out of the way of that first crash. While the riders survived they impact, they did not survive the party taking advantage of their situation.

OOC-Combat over! What is the plan now? Moving on to the wreck?
Katarina
 Player, 53 posts
 HP-3/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Mon 14 Dec 2020
at 20:17
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Jumping up and down excitedly, Katarina grinned and threw her hand up to try and high-five Astrid,

"Yay, you did it!" she said, firmly convinced the valkyrie goddess was the sole reason behind their success.

Moving over towards the bike, she struggled to try and stand their bike back up, to be able to get it back over to Astrid.
Elric
 Player, 33 posts
 HP-10/10, HD-1d6
 Armor-1
Wed 16 Dec 2020
at 15:22
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
"Let's get to the wreck as soon as possible.  We signed up to help these people not deal in pork futures..."  Elric helped others as needed but when everyone was ready he started up the bike and continued on.
Astrid
 Player, 46 posts
 HP-10/14, HD-1d10
 Armor-2
Wed 16 Dec 2020
at 15:31
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Astrid's connected solidly with Katarina's as she completed the 'high-five'. She then grinned at the dark-haired woman. "You did it! Nice work getting them all to pile up like that."

The blonde looked over at Elric and nodded at his suggestion. "Good idea. Let's get moving." Astrid moved over to help Katarina get their bike back upright and slipped onto the back of it once they were ready to move again.
Katarina
 Player, 54 posts
 HP-3/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Thu 17 Dec 2020
at 03:35
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
"Woohoo!" Katarina said excitedly, even if Astrid's powerful high five forced her to step back a bit. She didn't care! Her and Astrid, the super powerful female badass were teammates now! The best of friends! Attached at the hip! The world couldn't separate them, she was sure of it now!

Hearing Astrid's words, Katarina nodded affirmatively, and when she helped her get the bike back up, she was thankful, and hopped back into the driver's seat,

"I'll try and be more careful this time, I promise!" she assured Astrid over her shoulder, hoping deep down that she could succeed this time.
Lords of Light
 GM, 138 posts
 Watcher over all...
 of this ruined earth
Wed 30 Dec 2020
at 00:07
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Gathering up any bikes that still are functional, the party is able to move on with its remaining members. They drive on, using the route Mayor Sandhira had given them. Sure enough, after a bit of driving they come across the remains of an large hovercraft, seemingly crashed into the side of a larger sand dune. It seems mostly intact, and the trick will be getting it unburied.

That, plus the nest of Bat-Apes that seem to have made a nest on the hovercraft's cargo area. The creatures are about five feet tall with large leathern wings, and the fang filled maws suggest they are not fruit eaters.
Astrid
 Player, 48 posts
 HP-10/14, HD-1d10
 Armor-2
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 00:13
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
"Hm...."

The blonde went rummaging around in the saddlebag near her right thigh. "A-ha! Looks like some of these piggies had...something that looks like it might be meat. Maybe we can draw them off. Move slowly toward them and then I'm going to toss this stuff in hopes to draw them off."

She waited for a nod and the requested movement. The plan wasn't foolproof, but it was one that might save them a fight.
Katarina
 Player, 55 posts
 HP-3/8. HD-d4.
 Armor-1
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 00:17
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
"O..ok!" Katarina tried to sound brave. This looked like a silly idea, but to be a hero, she had to do it!

Inching up with the vehicle, Kat did her best to help slink forward, so Astrid could throw the 'meat'...
Quetz
 Player, 54 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 18:51
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!

This message was deleted by the player at 16:37, Sat 09 Jan.

Astrid
 Player, 49 posts
 HP-10/14, HD-1d10
 Armor-2
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 19:38
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Astrid tried to throw the meaty substance near enough to the creatures that it would get their attention, but far enough that they would have to abandon their post to retrieve it.

With luck, they would at least be able to get good defensive positions while the creatures were distracted. If not extract the vehicle. She didn't know how much work it would take to fix the thing. Hopefully not much.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:20, Sun 10 Jan.

Lords of Light
 GM, 140 posts
 Watcher over all...
 of this ruined earth
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 02:40
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
In reply to Astrid (msg # 47):

The bats are drawn by the meat, and fly towards sudden source of food. They are clearly quite hungry, as they snap and scream at each other for the treat. Everyone can tell those ultrasonic screams are quite painful for anyone who is not a giant mutant bat. Of course, the creatures hearing is quite good-and as soon as the group moves towards the hovercraft all the bats heads snap about followed by the rotating of those giant ears.

It seem they would prefer living prey, as they all take to wing and start circling above the group...

(OOC: Everybody roll dex to for initiative!)
Quetz
 Player, 57 posts
 HP-12/12. HD-1d8
 Armor-3
Sat 16 Jan 2021
at 09:46
Re: Defying Nypoll's will!
Lords of Light:
In reply to Astrid (msg # 47):

The bats are drawn by the meat, and fly towards sudden source of food. They are clearly quite hungry, as they snap and scream at each other for the treat. Everyone can tell those ultrasonic screams are quite painful for anyone who is not a giant mutant bat. Of course, the creatures hearing is quite good-and as soon as the group moves towards the hovercraft all the bats heads snap about followed by the rotating of those giant ears.

It seem they would prefer living prey, as they all take to wing and start circling above the group...

(OOC: Everybody roll dex to for initiative!)


Quetz dodges to the side as a bat swoops near.

...But he trips over something almost-entirely-buried in the sand, and falls flat...