We start at the bottom...   Posted by GM-NameShortage.Group: 0
Sentara
 player, 55 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 15:14
We start at the bottom...
The ram continues to attack the flying head, while Sentara and the rest of her managerie get a little closer.

11:12, Today: Sentara rolled 6 using 1d4+3.  Ram 1 damage.
11:11, Today: Sentara rolled 14 using 1d20+3.  Ram 1 attack.

Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 83 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 15:15
We start at the bottom...
Tomack will try to get a bit closer to the fight so he can see the targets. His destination is G14 if he can get there.
GM-NameShortage
 GM, 114 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 17:25
We start at the bottom...
Tomack runs into the room to assess the situation while Sentara's Ram connects with the Chon Chon above its head and knocks it out of the sky.

Chon Chon 2 is dead. Tomack double moved to G14. Sentara and gang move around Zara (since they go before her).
Zara and Untin left to go before Chon Chon 1 and 3


This message was last edited by the GM at 17:42, Mon 14 Sept.

Untin Blackstone
 player, 64 posts
 Dwarf Rogue 1
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 00:22
We start at the bottom...
Gasping in pain, Untin pulls a potion from one of the pockets in his bandolier, thumbs off the stopper, and chugs it down.

-----
Move action: Get potion CLW
Standard action: Drink potion CLW
HP: 5/10

20:20, Today: Untin Blackstone rolled 3 using 1d8+1.  CLW.

Zara
 player, 34 posts
 Oread Warpriest 1
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 11:09
We start at the bottom...
Assuming there is any gravel or loose small stones in the corridor, or that they'd be part of my kit.

Zara scoops a handful of small stones into her hand and draws from her inner magical reserves to enchant them.

"Earthmother, impart your power into these pebbles that they might strike down mine enemies!

-----
Move action: grab stones
Standard action: cast Magic Stone SLA

Sorry ... my computer is acting up, overheating after just a few minutes use. Using my phone for now; much more cumbersome.

GM-NameShortage
 GM, 116 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 18:24
We start at the bottom...
GM-NameShortage, for the NPC ChonChons, rolled 4 using 2d2.  Decisions (1 for Tomack, 2 for Untin. Both rolled 2)

Both remaining Chon Chons ignore Tomack running into the room and continue raining acid down on Untin.

14:10, Today: GM-NameShortage, for the NPC Chon Chon 3, rolled 21,3 using d20+5,d4.  Acid Spit,Damage
14:10, Today: GM-NameShortage, for the NPC Chon Chon 1, rolled 21,2 using d20+5,d4.  Acid Spit,Damage
(Untin, take 5 acid damage)

Disabled: A character with 0 hit points, or one who has negative hit points but has become stable and conscious, is disabled. A disabled character may take a single move action or standard action each round (but not both, nor can he take full-round actions, but he can still take swift, immediate, and free actions). He moves at half speed. Taking move actions doesnít risk further injury, but performing any standard action (or any other action the GM deems strenuous, including some free actions such as casting a Quicken Spell spell) deals 1 point of damage after the completion of the act. Unless the action increased the disabled characterís hit points, he is now in negative hit points and dying.


No sooner does Untin down his potion and feel its healing energy do two more globs of acid hit him from both sides. He manages to stay standing, but knows he's at his body's limit.

End of Round 2!
Round 3 Turn Order
Sentara (20)
Untin (19)
Tomack (15)
Zara (14)
Creature 3 (14)
Creature 1 (5)


Nobody has moved since the last map update.


Sentara
 player, 57 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 18:56
We start at the bottom...
Sentara moves into the room to help Untin and orders the Ram1 to attack the floating head in the south. The ram charges the head and barely manages to crush it against the wall.

Move: Handle Animal on Ram 1
Move: Move to G6


14:52, Today: Sentara rolled 9 using 1d8+3.  Damage.
14:51, Today: Sentara rolled 14 using 1d20+5.  Charge attack Ram 1.
14:51, Today: Sentara rolled 28 using 1d20+13.  Acrobatics - Jump (Ram1).
14:50, Today: Sentara rolled 21 using 1d20+7.  Handle Animal - attack.

Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 84 posts
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 18:59
We start at the bottom...
Tomack steps to the north (G14) and targets the head with his wand of Web Bolt Reflex DC11
GM-NameShortage
 GM, 118 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Thu 17 Sep 2020
at 19:13
We start at the bottom...
Sentara's Ram charges and leaps gracefully over the acid, smashing the Chon Chon into the wall, splattering it across the stones. Chon Chon 3 is dead

Tomack steps up and fires a spell from his wand at the Chon Chon to the north.
15:10, Today: GM-NameShortage, for the NPC Chon Chon 1, rolled 11 using 1d20+4.  Reflex (DC 11)
The Chon Chon frantically flaps its wings and barely breaks the webs apart. (If the creature saves or breaks free of the webbing, the remaining webs dissolve and the square is not considered difficult terrain.)
Zara
 player, 35 posts
 Oread Warpriest 1
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 19:34
We start at the bottom...
Hearing Untin's wail of pain, Zara purposefully strides past Sentara and Tomack and turns the corner.

She spies the flapping creature beyond the burbling stream of acid, and casts one of the stones in her hand at it.

"Chew on this!" she cries out.

-----
Move: 15 ft. to F14
Standard: Ranged attack at #1

15:29, Today: Zara rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  Magic Stone Attack @ #1.
15:56, Today: Zara rolled 22 using 1d20+2.  crit confirm.
15:32, Today: Zara rolled 9 using 1d6+4.  Magic Stone Damage (+1 Enh.; +3 STR).
15:57, Today: Zara rolled 5 using 1d6+4.  crit damage.

This message was last edited by the player at 19:57, Fri 18 Sept.

GM-NameShortage
 GM, 120 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:05
We start at the bottom...
Zara winds up and whips magically imbued stones at the remaining Chon Chon, which pierce through its head and it drops from the sky, landing on the ground, its brain matter splattering out.

Out of combat!
Sentara
 player, 59 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:21
We start at the bottom...
Sentara moved to Untin ready to heal with the wand as much as he needed.

OOC: Will use one, or two as he needs it.
Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 85 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:21
We start at the bottom...
Tomack casts a Detect Magic and begins to search the room and the .... bodies of the heads.
GM-NameShortage
 GM, 121 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 20:31
We start at the bottom...
It's a DC 5 Acrobatics to jump over the acid channel. For the sake of having not rolled the check yet, we'll say Sentara, Zara, Tomack, Jolina and Ram 2 are still on the western side of the channel.

Tomack sweeps the room with Detect Magic, but doesn't sense any.
Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 86 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 15:20
We start at the bottom...
"Nothing magical. Lets see if there is anything else, although I doubt it would have survived all the acid. What the heck do these things live off anyway?"

Tomack looks for any none magical loot.
Zara
 player, 37 posts
 Oread Warpriest 1
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:09
We start at the bottom...
Zara positions herself back in the corridor for a running start and jumps over the acid channel to land beside Untin.

She looks him over, noting the acid burns to his face, and shakes her head sadly. "These are gonna leave some scarring. You've got to get over this sense of indestructibility you seem to have. Perhaps the scars will be the Earthmother's way of reminding you."

-----
15:05, Today: Zara rolled 9 using 1d20-4.  Acrobatics DC5.

Untin Blackstone
 player, 67 posts
 Dwarf Rogue 1
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:15
We start at the bottom...
Untin eases himself down to a sitting position, his back resting against the wall.

"Whatever. Some healing would be appreciated, scars be-damned. Otherwise, I hurt too much to move."

-----
Not sure if Sentara's wand requires a touch to work. 10 HP will get me to full.

If not, Zara can spontaneously cast CLW for 1d8+3. Or we can wait for Sentara to jump the acid.

Sentara
 player, 60 posts
Thu 24 Sep 2020
at 19:57
We start at the bottom...
Sentara uses 2 charges from her wand.

Take 10 on Acrobatics to cross the stream

15:56, Today: Sentara rolled 6 using 1d8+1.  CLW.
15:56, Today: Sentara rolled 5 using 1d8+1.  CLW.

GM-NameShortage
 GM, 122 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 03:36
We start at the bottom...
I was originally going to say no to taking 10 to jump over, but I did some reading, and given that an overweight guy like myself could easily jump five feet with a short running start, I suppose it's reasonable that you guys could make it, especially with Guidance and whatnot.

Everyone who wants to makes it over to the center island with Untin. Sentara taps Untin with the wand twice, and Untin is feeling good as new, or as good as someone in his position can.

Sentara, we'll also assume your Handle Animal checks eventually get the animals over wherever you go.

Looking around, the party can see an iron door on the north side of the western wall, an iron door on the northern wall, and a wooden door on the southern wall.

Untin, you can Take 10 on leaping over the acid. Roll some perception checks on whatever door(s) you want to check out.
Untin Blackstone
 player, 68 posts
 Dwarf Rogue 1
Fri 25 Sep 2020
at 21:17
We start at the bottom...
Noting the two doors to the north, Untin makes his way in that direction, carefully navigating over the bubbling stream of acid.

He shudders involuntarily, the smell of his own skin burning still fresh in his mind, then gets to work.

He first checks the door in the western wall, since he likes the idea of closing a circle, and his sense of direction (and the map) grants him a fair guess that this will lead eventually to the door they had blocked with the corpses.

He then moves to the door in the north wall, and peers over the doorway, looking for traps, hinge positions and locks.

-----
17:16, Today: Untin Blackstone rolled 16 using 1d20+11.  Perception - west door.
17:16, Today: Untin Blackstone rolled 13 using 1d20+11.  Perception - north door.

GM-NameShortage
 GM, 123 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Sat 26 Sep 2020
at 01:00
We start at the bottom...
Untin sizes up the jump and hops across to the northern area. Looking over the two doors, he doesn't find either door trapped. The western iron door is locked while the northern wooden door is unlocked and in good working order. He carefully pushes it open and finds a short hallway that ends in a T-junction. He gives a quick look and feels it's safe and moves into the hallway. The right junction is a dead end while the hallway continues to the left before turning right, ending in a wooden portcullis. He looks around, but doesn't see any lever to open it.

20:56, Today: GM-NameShortage, on behalf of Untin Blackstone, rolled 21 using 1d20+11.  Perception on Portcullis

Determining the portcullis isn't trapped, he attempts to give it a lift, but can't get it to budge.

Looking through into the next room, which is a similar stone room with 10 foot ceilings, there are no torches to provide illumination. The main attraction are four metal cages, each one big enough to hold one person. Leaning to the right, he barely makes out a short hallway in the north-west corner that appears to end in the back of a statue. Leaning to the left, he sees writing inscribed on the eastern wall that, in Common, says "Imprisonment Will Set You Free".


Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 87 posts
Tue 29 Sep 2020
at 14:04
We start at the bottom...
"It seems to suggest that we should enter those cages to be taken out of here, but it also appears that there are places here which we have not explored as well. Shall we do so? I am still willing and able."
Untin Blackstone
 player, 71 posts
 Dwarf Rogue 1
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 19:52
We start at the bottom...
Untin notes the position of the cages and refers to their drawn map, realizing another entry to the room may be behind the trapped statue that burned Zara and Tomack.

Not ready to leave this level, he backtracks to the western wall, and examines the locked door.

He requests Zara cast the Guidance cantrip on him, and Tomack's aid to open the lock.

-----
If the lock is simple, Take 10 will give me a result of 20 with Guidance.

Roll below if lock is more complex (DC 25 of higher, not including Aid Another):
15:51, Today: Untin Blackstone rolled 18 using 1d20+10.  Open Lock (DC 25 or higher), includes Guidance, but not Aid Another.

Actually, if I can Take 20, I will. I don't think we're in a hurry.

Tomack Quicksilver
 player, 89 posts
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 20:05
We start at the bottom...
Tomack nods and helps out as he can

16:05, Today: Tomack Quicksilver rolled 20 using 1d20+3.  Disable Device Aid.
GM-NameShortage
 GM, 126 posts
 In-person game on hold
 Finding refuge online
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 01:29
We start at the bottom...
Untin returns to the acid room, wrinkling his nose at the sulfur smell, and makes his way to the last door. Tomack takes his time to carefully jump across the acid channel and join Untin. Together, they're able to unlock the door.

21:14, Today: GM-NameShortage, on behalf of Untin Blackstone, rolled 23,24 using d20+11,d20+5.  Perception, Stealth

Pressing his ear to the door, Untin doesn't hear a thing on the other side and, once everyone joins him on the north side of the acid, he slowly pushes the door open. Carrying the Perception check over... Untin scans the new room and sees a grand room that measures 55' x 25' with stone walls, ceiling and floor. On the north side of the room is an opening into what Untin assumes to be another hallway, but he can't see in to it at this angle.

In the middle, under three lit chandeliers, is a large wooden table surrounded by high back wooden chairs with cushions in the seats. Spread across the table is a red table runner. On the table is set a large variety of decadent food and drink. At a glance, he can see a large roasted bird, bottles of wine, loaves of bread, and various fruits.

But what catches Untin's eye is a slight disturbance on the floor immediately in front of him, and he informs the others of the trap.

Red X is the trapped square