Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Morgan DeLisle
 Enchanting Courtesan, 2 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 02:07
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
It is then that the courtesan whose people also came to help with the rescue efforts steps into the scene.

"Shame on you Mr. Yewson. As a merchant you should have the information you're wondering about." she smiles only a bit smugly, but then removes it since this is no time for being cute or teasing people.

She looks at Neva, "And you my dear, the speed of the drake is not relevant to that information. He's aiming to know if any suspicious travelers have come through that might have been attacked by bandits and might have been carrying this 'infection' you're talking about. The speed of the drake has nothing to do with that."

The woman places her hand on Lewis' shoulder and rubs it a little, "The problem with his theory isn't that the drake is fast, it's assuming that the attacked travelers were heading in and not out. If they were going out, they would be much harder to track down. Nearly impossible. Also, it assumes a travelng infector passed through here at all."

She looks back to Lewis, "Lucky ducky though. In my trade you have to know the comings and goings of travelers very well. Yes. Travelers coming is my wheelhouse most assuredly. A caravan arrived from the east within the past day that looked like it had been attacked. I wouldn't necessarily think it suspicious and call your theory kind of a shot in the dark, save for a little detail."

Her hair flutters as she addresses the group as a whole, "It didn't stop or drop anyone off. It went right through. Putting aside the offense that they didn't want to come see me, that's just madness. There's a reason this town is doing so well. It's the last stop in a long while. If they were attacked it's especially foolish to not stop here. Especially the way they went, towards the deserts north of here. Suspicious, no?"

This message was last edited by the player at 05:42, Mon 24 Aug.

Sarn Theris
 Hellknight, 25 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 03:08
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Sarn healed up easy enough and cleaned off elsewhere. When Alfwen thanked him for the life of her brother he bowed his head in acknowledgement and farewell. He then gravitated toward the others as they started discussing the attack. Finding out some of these folks actually knew the owner of the drake was surprising, but welcome, news.

He nodded when Suiri asked about healing capability, "Not much, but some. And I'm with Suiri on this. I'm not sure we should all go splitting off until there's good reason to do so," the knight offered, "And Adam raises an interesting point. It's possible he's been waylaid. Jade has the right of it, we should ask the locals and find out if they know where he hangs his hat."
Lewis Yewson
 Mortal Usher, 16 posts
 Merchant, Magician
 Marksman, Maestro
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 03:23
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"It is a good point, Ms. Suiri." he turns to regard Morgan, who he would know well enough, "I appreciate the information. That does sound a bit suspect. I have a few skilled trackers in my employ that I can send to check out that caravan. They should be able to catch up to it in theory."

Turning back to the group, he stands and dusts himself off, "I am no good in a fight compared to you adventuring sorts, so I will stick to information gathering and put you in contact with some of my people that could help you better with something like this more directly and provide my information through them. Your contact will be a duskwalker by the name of Gath Abhainn. To make sure you know it is him, ask him for the password, which will be,"

He leans closer to Suiri, whispering the password to her.

"I'll be heading out to get to work on that if there's nothing else. If you folks need to buy anything, get in touch with me and as long as it isn't incredibly expensive I can probably find you a great deal on it."

He pauses to give the others a chance to interject.

This message was last edited by the player at 03:24, Mon 24 Aug.

Suiri Caisteal
 Crimson Templar, 17 posts
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 14:10
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Suiri seemed a bit confused at what was whispered to her for a moment, but then realization appears as the private exchange continued.

"Right. If we're scattering to ask around quicker we should meet up somewhere in an hour. Does anyone have a problem with meeting at the temple? The grounds are warded by the various religions it would be safe there against any scheming folks that aren't our scheming folk. I'll be asking around the faithful there if they have any information. I have some connections and one of them didn't show up to a meeting we were supposed to have."
Imryll Quizeiros
 Eldritch Knight, 18 posts
 HP 51/51, AC 20
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 14:46
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Imryll speaks again, trying to understand the behaviour of the people around him. He listens to the discussion and after a while decides to act again again.
“If you want to chase the drake last day it’s a valid option. I still think that this information can be obtained if we get our hands in the person that was controlling him. This ‘Shard’ will provide us with very valuable information, either as a witness, expert or suspect. If he has something to do with what happened to the drake, responsible or not, it will be easier to get the information directly from him. If not, he can always give us some information on the whereabouts of the drake during the last day or so, if it was in contact with any group of people in or out of town or any other. I think I’ll aim for that option as I am not tracking down beasts.”
Then after a couple of seconds
“Although I’m not very good on tracking people either. In any case I think one hour will not suffice to gather meaningful information. 12 hours would look better to me.”
Vagras of Kleinhold
 player, 12 posts
 Future Loremaster
Tue 25 Aug 2020
at 04:39
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Just as Vagras finishing cleaning himself up, a streak of sparkling lights flew through the air and landed beside him. "Everything okay, V?" Indigo said as she looked him over. Vagras smiled down at his companion and replied, "So far, so good. And it looks like we'll be on the road sooner than I thought." The tiny azata did a little dance at that news. "I thought that might cheer you up." He continued, "Stay close. We're on the hunt now."

Looking around at the others, the wizard piped in, "I'm up for helping either tracking down Shard or investigating that caravan. I'm Vagras, by the way. And this is Indigo." He motioned down to the tiny winged woman doing cartwheels around his feet.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 58 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 14:37
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Introductions are completed and those that remain of the group go throughout the town trying to gather information. The majority of you only turn up rumors that provide information you already know, but that flesh it out more. It seems that Shard is somewhere in the northeast, as the roads coming from the est and north are the most protected, and he's only very rarely appeared protected the road to the west, perhaps suggesting a base slightly more eastern than northern. Combined with rumors about a kineticist troll tribe (that he seemingly hasn't appeared with) protecting an area much more northeast, if you presume he doesn't live among them you can narrow the area he could be in within a 20 mile area.

Some slight poking around about the caravan that didn't stop reveals that one person spotted that there was a wounded person in the caravan, making it all the more strange they didn't stop. If they had a healer (and thus didn't need to stop) surely he'd have been healed better?

It is around this time a few hours later that much of the group finds themselves in the town center, including Suiri, who is approached by a gray skinned man in light armor. He looks like he could really use a nap.

"You Suiri Caisteel? I'm Gath Abhainn. There wasn't actually a password. Just Lewis being paranoid and trying to fish for any people that might try to sabotage us."

Jade Eurydice
 Kineticist, 20 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 18:24
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Asking around produced more information than Jade had and, once the group narrowed things down a bit, gave a way forward.

"It sounds like we can track Shard down if we head out to the east and look a bit.  If he really doesn't want to be found, I doubt we will find him, but if he has been attacked and needs assistance, it would be best if we make haste.  If those things infesting the drake... well, we had best hurry."
Suiri Caisteal
 Crimson Templar, 19 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 18:33
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Suiri nods to the gray man, "Yes. I am Suiri. A pleasure to meet you. Do you have any information we haven't managed to gather? From what I can tell we've only narrowed his location down a bit."
Sarn Theris
 Hellknight, 26 posts
Sat 29 Aug 2020
at 18:51
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"The information revealed about the injured man in the caravan is strange. Was he purposely avoiding revealing possession by an interloper," he asked the group at large before turning his attention to the gray man.
Gath Abhainn
 Totally Not Lewis, 3 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 04:39
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Aye. I do have some information you might not have." Gath pulls out a parchment map with two distinct markers on it. One to the north, and one to the north east, more east than north, "This north marker is from word we got from our boys that chased the caravan. They got in touch with Lewis via a scroll of message. The caravan stopped and a wounded man walked with the driver and a few guards into these ruins here. Old subterranean fortifications of elven make. Probably built to fight drow or something."

He then points to the spot to the north east, "We also caught a really obscure rumor from a woodsman who says he found a camp with drake tracks all about it, along with one pair of boot prints. Also some signs of smaller dragonkind. Maybe pseudo-dragons or wyrmlings but they weren't drake talons. Sound like yer boy? Camp showed signs of frequent use, looked like a staging ground more than a sleeping spot. Combine this with yer information and maybe we can narrow our guesses a bit more."
Sarn Theris
 Hellknight, 27 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 16:05
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Sarn nods and points at the map at the north east, "Would that be the man Jade had mentioned. Sharpe?"
Gath Abhainn
 Totally Not Lewis, 5 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 16:26
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Aye. Seems like it. Not a lot of men running around with drakes and dragons I'd wager. Like I said, the camp didn't seem like it was for sleeping, just to have a staging ground. So either it was a base camp for some fellow we haven't heard about, or it's a camp he uses to watch the roads. Looking at where it is in relation to the guesswork ya'll have done, we can maybe guess at where he is in that area based on needing a base camp but not an overnight stay."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 60 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 16:28
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Combining your sets of information, you can narrow the search area down to a ten mile area, but there's still a chance it's further out into the initial estimates than that. Still, it could save a fair amount of time.
Gath Abhainn
 Totally Not Lewis, 6 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 15:46
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"I've also been in touch with that Morgan DeLisle woman that turned us on to the caravan. She's willing to send one of her girls with us that's suited to our tasks. She wants her to come along to follow that caravan. I've gathered that Morgan seems to share our goals, but we shouldn't perhaps trust her completely. She's a wheeler and dealer that can rival my boss. Who you also shouldn't trust completely. He's out for the greater good, but he's not above any means necessary sort of method."

Gath points the the ruins the caravan stopped at, "That aside I aim to head into those ruins too. That mess does not smell right. So we'll have me as a undead hunting specialist with some arcane spells, Morgan's girl whose an Inquisitor type, and Lewis' other two boys which are solid warriors but not quite our caliber. Who else want in on that? Because of the boys we could probably send more to the other place and do fine if we want to go that way with it."
Suiri Caisteal
 Crimson Templar, 20 posts
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 15:50
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"I'll come along to the ruins. I'm more used to chasing bad folks and you guys will need a heavy. Since this team will have some divine healing it'll also make up for the heavy not having any. However I'm open to going the other way as well if the consensus differs."
Imryll Quizeiros
 Eldritch Knight, 20 posts
 HP 51/51, AC 20
Mon 31 Aug 2020
at 16:01
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Imryll checks the plan
"I said I would go check on the master of the Drake that got infected, and as it seems the other location is already served with enough volunteers I am fine with keeping my word."
He looks at the rest of the people who has not spoken yet.
"For those coming this way with me, I'm Imryll. Depending on what you think your main skills are I'll be wielding my arc, my sword, or casting done spells from the back."
He points at his weapons and backpack while he speaks.
Neva
 Sphere Singer, 25 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 21:34
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Neva pondered what to do. Her first thought had been to go to Shard, and it still made sense to her. But she was wary of the Hellknight. She knew she would not mesh with him. On the other side of the coin, she might stick with him to watch him..
Sarn Theris
 Hellknight, 31 posts
Tue 1 Sep 2020
at 22:45
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Sarn had been unwrapping a bandage from his left arm as he leaned against a nearby table. Even in this slightly relaxed position, his back was stock straight. His thickly muscled arms spoke of thousands of hours training with sword and shield, but also told a story in the tattoos that inlaid his skin.

A full sleeve of tattoos on each arm that depicted Abadar creating a great city, inventing trade, and providing riches on his left. His right showed the five gods of order uniting in purpose and becoming stern, armored paragons of lawful purpose that coalesced into a claw holding a five-pointed star.

He caught eyes with Neva and nodded very slightly, resolving he would head where she did for the moment. He was half-tempted to stick with Suiri so the two of them could roll over whatever foul beast was unlucky enough to cross them. But there were others to consider, others that could use a steady shield.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:03, Wed 02 Sept.

Vagras of Kleinhold
 player, 14 posts
 Future Loremaster
Wed 2 Sep 2020
at 00:20
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Indigo and I will head over with you, Imryll," Vagras said, "My skills tend more towards investigation or hanging back casting spells if we get into a scrape."
Dungeon Master
 GM, 66 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 14:41
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
As the group of heroes finalizes their teams, a human laborer comes over with a box, bowing respectfully as he speaks.

"Hello. I'm a representative of the trade guild. Gonnie Tellson by name, messenger by profession. I was given orders by the guildmaster to supply the ones that stopped the beast and were asking around for information on caravan attacks with resources to pursue their objectives. It's not much, but it should be adequate to ensure your progress should things get dangerous."

He flicks a switch and the box sprouts legs, allowing him to release it at waist level and open it as if there was a table there. He hands a pack of six potions and one ring to each group.

"These are potions of cure serious wounds. The ring is magical and enables you to expend a spell, arcane or divine is fine, to amplify the effects of a healing potion in your hands as you administer it. If the spell is the same level as the potion's spell, the effect is guaranteed to be at least an average strength heal for the potion, potentially make the heal much much larger, and also cure damage to your physical and mental abilities. The command word for activating the effect is Saffron and the tier level of spell you want to spend. If you prepare spells, you use the name of the specific spell instead. For example, 'Saffron Burning Hands'. Any questions?"

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:42, Sun 06 Sept.

Imryll Quizeiros
 Eldritch Knight, 22 posts
 HP 51/51, AC 20
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 21:42
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
Imryll nous accepting the gift.
"Thank you for this. Will try to use them when necessary. Please express our gratitude to everyone for these potions and the ring."
Then looks at Jade, Sarn, Neva and Vargas
"Are we all ready? We should get a copy of the map where it marks our destination, I don't want to get lost in the woods looking for our man. Sarn, I think you'll have best use of the potions. Probably you should keep two, and then the rest of us one each. Vargas, Jade, Neva, any of you want the ring?
He puts his backpack his back, bow and one sword tied to the backpack, the other wrapped in a piece of cloth in his hand.
Sarn Theris
 Hellknight, 33 posts
Sun 6 Sep 2020
at 22:44
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Sure," Sarn said to Imryll as he took the proferred potions with a nod to Tellson, "My gratitude to the trade guild."
Don Esteban de Leon
 Devoted Muse, 13 posts
 Swashbuckler
Mon 7 Sep 2020
at 00:34
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Domonoc, I plan to invest say, 2,100 or so gold pieces to rebuild the inn. That shoudl help to defray the costs of rebuilding." Don Estaban said, working out the details with Domonoc.

Once finished and hearing of the plan of action he looked to gath, Suiri and the others. "Something does not sound right. If you do not mind, I will join you Gath, Suiri and Widowkiss in checking the ruins. "
Gath Abhainn
 Totally Not Lewis, 7 posts
Tue 8 Sep 2020
at 01:46
Introduction - Run Over on the Path Forward
"Solid team we've got here from the look of ya. We'll be meeting with Morgan's agent on the way out of town. Let's get to it." he hands the map he brought to the other team, "You lot use this. I know the way. Good luck and God speed to ya."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:47, Tue 08 Sept.