OOC THREAD.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
The GM
 GM, 1 post
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 17:15
OOC THREAD

OOC Thread...
The GM
 GM, 8 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 15:14
Re: OOC THREAD

Okay, ad placed in PLAYERS WANTED.

...It occurs to me, if we get no takers, that I might play the Namedealer myself. How would you feel about that possibility?
Dim
 player, 1 post
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:19
Re: OOC THREAD
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.
The GM
 GM, 9 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:22
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.



Okay, good, but in the meantime, we'll give it a couple of days and see if anyone shows up...
The GM
 GM, 10 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 18:55
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Dim:
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.



Okay, good, but in the meantime, we'll give it a couple of days and see if anyone shows up...


Okay, it looks like Scraps is coming to be your Namedealer!

He says he plans to RTJ later today.

I am enthused.
Dim
 player, 2 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 19:09
Re: OOC THREAD
Kewl
The GM
 GM, 11 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 23:30
Re: OOC THREAD


Allllthough it also occurs to me that I think that Scraps is not remotely in my time zone so I suspect "later today" will probably mean "it might be there when I get up tomorrow."

Oh well! Whatever!
Dim
 player, 3 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 23:38
Re: OOC THREAD
What time zone is he in?
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 1 post
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 18:51
Re: OOC THREAD
He is in Brisbane, Australia ... GMT+10.
Dim
 player, 4 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 18:59
Re: OOC THREAD
Yikes. Seventeen hours ahead of me.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 2 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 20:45
Re: OOC THREAD
Only geologically.   Mentally, I’m probably several years your junior.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 3 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 11:16
Re: OOC THREAD
So I thunk I am ready to kick this thing in the ‘go’ button.
The GM
 GM, 12 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 12:37
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
So I thunk I am ready to kick this thing in the ‘go’ button.



8: Describe your expressions (what's a thing or two you often say?), and your actions (what's a thing or two you often do?).


You have three stats: BODY, MIND, and WORDS.

BODY: all things purely physical.
MIND: insight, logic, noticing things, realizing things.
WORDS: persuasion, communication


NAMEDEALERS have -1 in Body. Then they either have +1 in Mind and 0 in Words, or vice-versa.

(9: Which will you be? Good at Thinking but just okay at Speaking? Or vice-versa?)

Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 4 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 12:41
Re: OOC THREAD
Yes, all done in the Private ‘Access to ...’ Thread where we were doing chargen
The GM
 GM, 13 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 13:51
Re: OOC THREAD
Okay then, here we go.

Dim, since you were here first:

DIM'S QUESTION: Where are you (and your Namedealer companion)?

--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


MUM-RA-LUD'S QUESTION: What are you (and your companion) doing there?

--Are you preparing, now, for a confrontation? or will you face whatever comes next with a shrug, without preparation, for life is unpredictable? Or do you not prepare because you will you aggressively face all possibilities?

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Tue 18 Aug.

Dim
 player, 5 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:09
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


So you're saying we already know each other, then? Okay.

--Helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

(Don't ask me why. It was the first thing that came to me. And 'Timinit' is the name of the girl who checks my recept as I leave the local Costco. I'm terrible with inventing names.)
The GM
 GM, 14 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:22
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
The GM:
--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


So you're saying we already know each other, then? Okay.


Yes.


Dim:
--Helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

(Don't ask me why. It was the first thing that came to me. And 'Timinit' is the name of the girl who checks my recept as I leave the local Costco. I'm terrible with inventing names.)



Mum-Ra-Lud, you and your companion Dim (who already know one another) are currently helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

Mum-Ra-Lud, what are you (and Dim) doing in/at Timinit? Which is to say, what were you two doing there in the first place, before Timinit started burning? (Or has the city of Timinit been burning in some way for a long while, and you're helping refugees escape the city for a reason not directly related to the burning?)

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:23, Tue 18 Aug.

Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 5 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:43
Re: OOC THREAD
Oh no, it wasn’t burning when we arrived.
We set it alight!
In the name of Holy Sun, who sent us here to rescue the slaves.   The Sun will not tolerate the darkness of Timinit.
It once was a noble and bright city, a place of fortune and honour ... but these days, it harbours evil.  These days it is a city of corruption and selfishness ... a slave-trading gateway, whence poor souls are brought out of their cold cages and dark dungeons only long enough to be battered for on the stage of greed in the centre of town.

Great Sun, through dreams and pure thoughts, sent Mum-Ra-Lud and his companion to release the slaves and other refugees of Timinit, and bring them into the lands beyond.
Along the way, Mum-Ra-Lud thought it would do well to burn that place down ... starting with the auction stage.
The GM
 GM, 15 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:51
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
Oh no, it wasn’t burning when we arrived.
We set it alight!
In the name of Holy Sun, who sent us here to rescue the slaves.   The Sun will not tolerate the darkness of Timinit.
It once was a noble and bright city, a place of fortune and honour ... but these days, it harbours evil.  These days it is a city of corruption and selfishness ... a slave-trading gateway, whence poor souls are brought out of their cold cages and dark dungeons only long enough to be battered for on the stage of greed in the centre of town.

Great Sun, through dreams and pure thoughts, sent Mum-Ra-Lud and his companion to release the slaves and other refugees of Timinit, and bring them into the lands beyond.
Along the way, Mum-Ra-Lud thought it would do well to burn that place down ... starting with the auction stage.




DIM, the answer to "Who else is with you?" is immediately obvious, but tell of one individual amongst the refugees who stands out in some way, whether in looks, skills, or personality (or any combination of those).

(If and/or when you meet one from a people yet unknown, describe what the legends tell of one such. If you come to know any of them, they will both satisfy and defy expectations.)
Dim
 player, 6 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 16:11
Re: OOC THREAD
With us is Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the names of the three forgotten gods.
The GM
 GM, 16 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 16:19
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
With us is Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the names of the three forgotten gods.


I'm gonna change that to "Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the true names of three forgotten Great Names."

Finally:

Mum-Ra-Lud, there is someone (not necessarily a Great Name) present in the city of Timinit that wants something from you and/or Dim.

Who or what is this being, and what does he, she, or it want from y'all?


A name might be a stele, ancient when the sky was the face of a child and the moon was
as bright as the sun; a refugee who wants you to find his or her lost love; a fire, young and brash, with a wish to grow as large as the world, or almost anything else.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 6 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 23:44
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Mum-Ra-Lud, there is someone (not necessarily a Great Name) present in the city of Timinit that wants something from you and/or Dim.

Who or what is this being, and what does he, she, or it want from y'all?

She appears, at first, a child ... but one never grown, but somehow aged as though 800 years old.
A very, very old, child.

Nobody present seems to know her, or where she came from ... and she doesn't know, herself, who she is.   In fact, she keeps asking, "Do you know who I am?" of others.
She seems harmless, and the kind among the crowd seem compassionate to, if freaked out by, her.
"Do YOU know who I am?"

Others, freaked out, find no compassion, and seem close to driving her out ... with rock or stick, if need be.
"DO you know who I am?"

But Mum-Ra-Lud suspects a truth:  this is not mortal human, but a Great Name.
A Great Name that has lost its identify.  "Do you KNOW who I am?"
He suspect that when he can divine her true Name, and return it to her, she will be revitalised ... returned to her true form.
"... but, do you know WHO I AM?" she asks, full of confusion and sadness.
The GM
 GM, 17 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 23:56
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
The GM:
Mum-Ra-Lud, there is someone (not necessarily a Great Name) present in the city of Timinit that wants something from you and/or Dim.

Who or what is this being, and what does he, she, or it want from y'all?

She appears, at first, a child ... but one never grown, but somehow aged as though 800 years old.
A very, very old, child.

Nobody present seems to know her, or where she came from ... and she doesn't know, herself, who she is.   In fact, she keeps asking, "Do you know who I am?" of others.
She seems harmless, and the kind among the crowd seem compassionate to, if freaked out by, her.
"Do YOU know who I am?"

Others, freaked out, find no compassion, and seem close to driving her out ... with rock or stick, if need be.
"DO you know who I am?"

But Mum-Ra-Lud suspects a truth:  this is not mortal human, but a Great Name.
A Great Name that has lost its identify.  "Do you KNOW who I am?"
He suspect that when he can divine her true Name, and return it to her, she will be revitalised ... returned to her true form.
"... but, do you know WHO I AM?" she asks, full of confusion and sadness.



Dig it.

I plan to start you guys off tomorrow.

If I don't in the next 15 hours, nudge me.
The GM
 GM, 19 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 14:40
Re: OOC THREAD
Okay, new thread posted.

Dim, remember that ONCE PER DAY you can use a +1 bonus from a trophy. (And you haven't used it yet today.)

Mum-Ra-Lud, remember that you can call on the sun for awesome favors... but this will also make the sun impatient with you sooner or later... (You start at the sun giving you +1 to a roll... if you want to call in a favor.)

Also remember that you each have special actions:

DIM:
--Coerce
--Lead
--Test Yourself
--Attempt to Gain a New Follower

Mum-Ra-Lud:
--Offer What They Desire
--Coerce
--Thieve
--Escape

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:41, Fri 21 Aug.

The GM
 GM, 21 posts
Fri 21 Aug 2020
at 15:05
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Okay, new thread posted.

Dim, remember that ONCE PER DAY you can use a +1 bonus from a trophy. (And you haven't used it yet today.)

Mum-Ra-Lud, remember that you can call on the sun for awesome favors... but this will also make the sun impatient with you sooner or later... (You start at the sun giving you +1 to a roll... if you want to call in a favor.)

Also remember that you each have special actions:

DIM:
--Coerce
--Lead
--Test Yourself
--Attempt to Gain a New Follower

Mum-Ra-Lud:
--Offer What They Desire
--Coerce
--Thieve
--Escape


Okay, the Old Child is safe... let's let Mum-Ra-Lud take a turn next...
Dim
 player, 12 posts
 Experience: 1
Mon 24 Aug 2020
at 20:34
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
...let's let Mum-Ra-Lud take a turn next...


Whoops. Sorry.

This is what happens when boredom overcomes common sense.


(Bored elsewhere, not here. Bored EVERYWHERE but here.)

This message was last edited by the player at 20:35, Mon 24 Aug.

The GM
 GM, 30 posts
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 16:48
Re: OOC THREAD


Hmmmmm. The way the consequence you chose from Test Yourself is written, I suppose you don't have to roll and use the Attempt to Gain a New Follower move in order to gain a new follower. (It might HELP, but then again there's a chance it might not.)

However, even if you choose not to roll for that move right now, I do need to know your intentions. I presume you're going to take one or more followers... but are you going to try to get one, or more than one?

Or am I wrong?
Dim
 player, 16 posts
 Experience: 1
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 17:09
Re: OOC THREAD
I don't really know. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the way this works.

The Playbook:
"You are witnessed! You may take a free +1 to save for a future roll, and take followers from among the witnesses!"


How do I take followers? Do I just say 'Follow Me' and see who responds?
Dim
 player, 17 posts
 Experience: 1
Thu 27 Aug 2020
at 17:11
Re: OOC THREAD
I have added a line to the end of Dim's last post.
The GM
 GM, 32 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 15:04
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
I have added a line to the end of Dim's last post.


...Dim, I'm gonna ask you to do a Words roll... But you can use your Follower bonus from your new Follower if you want, since he's standing right there...

Alternatively, you can wait and see if Mum-Ra-Lud might show up in the nick of time and Word something or Mind something or get a spirit to intervene or something...

This message was last edited by the GM at 15:04, Fri 28 Aug.

Dim
 player, 19 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 15:57
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim rolled 6 using 2d6+1 ((3,2)).

Darn.
The GM
 GM, 33 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 16:08
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
Dim rolled 6 using 2d6+1 ((3,2)).

Darn.



Are you using that +1 you got earlier? Or are you using your Follower bonus? (because you're obviously not doing both):

quote:
--Also, once a day, a significant FOLLOWER you have can be used to give you +2 on a roll.


I dunno why I said that would be +2 instead of +1. I've gone back and forth about it-- considering knocking it down to +1 like Trophies, considering raising Trophies to +2 like Followers, considering knocking them each down to +1 but letting one use each 3 times a day...

But I finally decided to just let it ride, trust past-me's judgement, and see what would happen.

So... tl;dr, your Follower bonus is +2.

If that's NOT what you were doing, I will also ALLOW you to do it now, if you wish...
Dim
 player, 20 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 16:23
Re: OOC THREAD
Well, I was using the Follower bonus, but had forgotten it was a +2, instead of a +1. So I guess I really rolled a 7?
The GM
 GM, 34 posts
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 16:30
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
Well, I was using the Follower bonus, but had forgotten it was a +2, instead of a +1. So I guess I really rolled a 7?


That's what I'm saying.

I will post accordingly...
Dim
 player, 21 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 28 Aug 2020
at 16:42
Re: OOC THREAD
Woot!
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 13 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 07:56
Re: OOC THREAD
Hey GM, how are you handling healing in this game ... first aid, and patching up wounds?
The GM
 GM, 37 posts
Sun 30 Aug 2020
at 14:00
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
Hey GM, how are you handling healing in this game ... first aid, and patching up wounds?


If you have a wound, you seek healing//treatment.

If you manage to find and get it, the wound goes away.

But I have to sort of tell you it's official. You can't post "Mum-Ra-Lud, now that the battle is over, goes to the old man's cabinet of medicines and finds bandages, and uses them to bind his wound."

I mean, you can, but it won't heal a wound.

Also, the old man will probably have something to say about that.

But more importantly, bandaging isn't healing, anyway-- that's just not dying from blood loss. THAT, you're allowed to do all you want, if there are no other crises happening.

The best thing to do is find a healer. But even after you do, they might need you to go get them a special herb, or they might need some other special thing to do a healing ritual, or, heaven forfend, they might want payment up front.

Of course on the other hand, YOU might ask a Great Name to heal them. But you know how THAT can go...

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:35, Sun 30 Aug.

The GM
 GM, 38 posts
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 18:23
Re: OOC THREAD

Dim, I presume you (re)join the group...?
Dim
 player, 24 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 4 Sep 2020
at 19:11
Re: OOC THREAD
Yes. That.
The GM
 GM, 41 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 14:31
Re: OOC THREAD


I want a portrait for The Old Child, but I can't find anything that remotely seems good.

Suggestions?
Dim
 player, 27 posts
 Experience: 1
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 14:37
Re: OOC THREAD
mcp036?

Very cartoon-y, but it looks like an old kid.
The GM
 GM, 43 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 15:02
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
mcp036?

Very cartoon-y, but it looks like an old kid.



...I don't know how to look at portraits based on their code.
Dim
 player, 28 posts
 Experience: 1
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 16:17
Re: OOC THREAD
It's not exactly a code. It's just an abbreviation, really.

M=male
C=Creatures
P=Pokemon/Digimon

Go to the Male section, and read across the Creatures line until you get to the Pokemon link.
The GM
 GM, 44 posts
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 17:12
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
It's not exactly a code. It's just an abbreviation, really.

M=male
C=Creatures
P=Pokemon/Digimon

Go to the Male section, and read across the Creatures line until you get to the Pokemon link.



Ahhhhhh, the grandmother from Ranma 1/2. Yeah, that'll do, actually. Thanks.
Dim
 player, 29 posts
 Experience: 1
Wed 9 Sep 2020
at 17:17
Re: OOC THREAD
Happy to be of help.
Dim
 player, 30 posts
 Experience: 1
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 14:23
Re: OOC THREAD
Did the Old Child tell Dim, as MRL requested?
The GM
 GM, 46 posts
Mon 14 Sep 2020
at 15:02
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
Did the Old Child tell Dim, as MRL requested?



Yes. I didn't think to post about it (sorry) because I just accepted it as a given that she would, since there was no reason she wouldn't.

Whether Dim's new follower also gets told or not is up to Dim (and his fellow former deputy, for that matter).
The GM
 GM, 47 posts
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 17:48
Re: OOC THREAD


Oops-- Stop.

No, Dim can't see her feet. They're under the hem of her long dress.
Dim
 player, 37 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 17:52
Re: OOC THREAD
Oops.
Dim
 player, 38 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 18 Sep 2020
at 17:53
Re: OOC THREAD
Added the word "probably".
The GM
 GM, 49 posts
Fri 2 Oct 2020
at 17:20
Re: OOC THREAD

I'm back...
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 22 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 19:46
Re: OOC THREAD
This story seems to have stalled; apparently because there is nothing for Dim and Kairiya to say to each other, and nothing more for any of us to react to.

I could be proactive, and post us camping for the night ... or coming into sight of an Oasis?!?
The GM
 GM, 50 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 21:26
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
This story seems to have stalled; apparently because there is nothing for Dim and Kairiya to say to each other, and nothing more for any of us to react to.

I could be proactive, and post us camping for the night ... or coming into sight of an Oasis?!?


Sounds like a good idea to me... If Dim is ready, I'll post about that myself...?
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 23 posts
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 21:32
Re: OOC THREAD
Great
Dim
 player, 40 posts
 Experience: 1
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 21:39
Re: OOC THREAD
Ready!
Dim
 player, 41 posts
 Experience: 1
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 14:36
Re: OOC THREAD
Insightful... that's a Mind roll, I assume?
The GM
 GM, 53 posts
Thu 15 Oct 2020
at 18:56
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
Insightful... that's a Mind roll, I assume?



DUUUUH yes. Sorry, mea culpa; when you're involved in as many games as me, you can forget what stats you're using...
The GM
 GM, 57 posts
Tue 20 Oct 2020
at 01:07
Re: OOC THREAD


Not feeling well today. Feel run down to say the least. I think I'll be back tomorrow...
The GM
 GM, 58 posts
Thu 22 Oct 2020
at 21:29
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Not feeling well today. Feel run down to say the least. I think I'll be back tomorrow...



I am trying to return, but am about out of time and energy for today.

Take heart, however-- My schedule allows me more time on Fridays, and much more on Saturdays.
The GM
 GM, 59 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 02:02
Re: OOC THREAD


Mum-Ra-Lud, roll Words...
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 32 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 02:23
Re: OOC THREAD
Heh ...

rolled 2 using 2d6 with rolls of 1,1.
Dim
 player, 43 posts
 Experience: 1
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 02:25
Re: OOC THREAD
D'oh!
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 33 posts
Fri 30 Oct 2020
at 03:12
Re: OOC THREAD
indeed
The GM
 GM, 60 posts
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 17:56
Re: OOC THREAD


I have been just about out of my mind with anxiety over the election, which obviously is not over.

I expect to return when this anxiety is resolved satisfactorily.
Dim
 player, 45 posts
 Experience: 1
Thu 5 Nov 2020
at 18:07
Re: OOC THREAD
Understood.
The GM
 GM, 61 posts
Sat 7 Nov 2020
at 22:56
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
Understood.



Thanks.

Okay, for obvious reasons, I think I'm feeling enough calmer to try to proceed.
The GM
 GM, 63 posts
Fri 20 Nov 2020
at 18:48
Re: OOC THREAD

("Thank you for choosing T.G.I.Friday's" voice): "Okay, so hey, how we doin'? Anything I can get anybody...?"
The GM
 GM, 64 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 14:50
Re: OOC THREAD

(Gonna wait on a response from Dim...)
The GM
 GM, 65 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 15:27
Re: OOC THREAD

I'm gonna move forward to morning, unless anyone wants anything else...?
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 38 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 21:35
Re: OOC THREAD
thats fine with me
Dim
 player, 48 posts
 Experience: 1
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 21:38
Re: OOC THREAD
I'm good.
The GM
 GM, 66 posts
Wed 25 Nov 2020
at 23:59
Re: OOC THREAD

If I don't post in the next... 17 hours...? Nudge me