OOC THREAD.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
The GM
 GM, 1 post
Sat 8 Aug 2020
at 17:15
OOC THREAD

OOC Thread...
The GM
 GM, 8 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 15:14
Re: OOC THREAD

Okay, ad placed in PLAYERS WANTED.

...It occurs to me, if we get no takers, that I might play the Namedealer myself. How would you feel about that possibility?
Dim
 player, 1 post
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:19
Re: OOC THREAD
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.
The GM
 GM, 9 posts
Wed 12 Aug 2020
at 16:22
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.



Okay, good, but in the meantime, we'll give it a couple of days and see if anyone shows up...
The GM
 GM, 10 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 18:55
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Dim:
In reply to The GM (msg # 2):

I think I'd be okay with that.



Okay, good, but in the meantime, we'll give it a couple of days and see if anyone shows up...


Okay, it looks like Scraps is coming to be your Namedealer!

He says he plans to RTJ later today.

I am enthused.
Dim
 player, 2 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 19:09
Re: OOC THREAD
Kewl
The GM
 GM, 11 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 23:30
Re: OOC THREAD


Allllthough it also occurs to me that I think that Scraps is not remotely in my time zone so I suspect "later today" will probably mean "it might be there when I get up tomorrow."

Oh well! Whatever!
Dim
 player, 3 posts
Thu 13 Aug 2020
at 23:38
Re: OOC THREAD
What time zone is he in?
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 1 post
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 18:51
Re: OOC THREAD
He is in Brisbane, Australia ... GMT+10.
Dim
 player, 4 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 18:59
Re: OOC THREAD
Yikes. Seventeen hours ahead of me.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 2 posts
Sat 15 Aug 2020
at 20:45
Re: OOC THREAD
Only geologically.   Mentally, I’m probably several years your junior.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 3 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 11:16
Re: OOC THREAD
So I thunk I am ready to kick this thing in the ‘go’ button.
The GM
 GM, 12 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 12:37
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
So I thunk I am ready to kick this thing in the ‘go’ button.



8: Describe your expressions (what's a thing or two you often say?), and your actions (what's a thing or two you often do?).


You have three stats: BODY, MIND, and WORDS.

BODY: all things purely physical.
MIND: insight, logic, noticing things, realizing things.
WORDS: persuasion, communication


NAMEDEALERS have -1 in Body. Then they either have +1 in Mind and 0 in Words, or vice-versa.

(9: Which will you be? Good at Thinking but just okay at Speaking? Or vice-versa?)

Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 4 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 12:41
Re: OOC THREAD
Yes, all done in the Private ‘Access to ...’ Thread where we were doing chargen
The GM
 GM, 13 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 13:51
Re: OOC THREAD
Okay then, here we go.

Dim, since you were here first:

DIM'S QUESTION: Where are you (and your Namedealer companion)?

--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


MUM-RA-LUD'S QUESTION: What are you (and your companion) doing there?

--Are you preparing, now, for a confrontation? or will you face whatever comes next with a shrug, without preparation, for life is unpredictable? Or do you not prepare because you will you aggressively face all possibilities?

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:52, Tue 18 Aug.

Dim
 player, 5 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:09
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


So you're saying we already know each other, then? Okay.

--Helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

(Don't ask me why. It was the first thing that came to me. And 'Timinit' is the name of the girl who checks my recept as I leave the local Costco. I'm terrible with inventing names.)
The GM
 GM, 14 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:22
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
The GM:
--If you travel, is it in pursuit of something, or flight from something?

Examples:
--On the Great Road, traveling with a caravan west, toward the Deepest Well?
--In a wadi (a small canyon), hoping to remain unseen by the army marching above?
--Astride an akum (a large flightless bird, a bit larger than an ostrich), a flashing lance in one hand, singly charging the great hero of a city that quakes at the mention of your name?
--In the last place to which you fled?
--On a ship?


So you're saying we already know each other, then? Okay.


Yes.


Dim:
--Helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

(Don't ask me why. It was the first thing that came to me. And 'Timinit' is the name of the girl who checks my recept as I leave the local Costco. I'm terrible with inventing names.)



Mum-Ra-Lud, you and your companion Dim (who already know one another) are currently helping refugees to escape the burning city of Timinit.

Mum-Ra-Lud, what are you (and Dim) doing in/at Timinit? Which is to say, what were you two doing there in the first place, before Timinit started burning? (Or has the city of Timinit been burning in some way for a long while, and you're helping refugees escape the city for a reason not directly related to the burning?)

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:23, Tue 18 Aug.

Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 5 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:43
Re: OOC THREAD
Oh no, it wasn’t burning when we arrived.
We set it alight!
In the name of Holy Sun, who sent us here to rescue the slaves.   The Sun will not tolerate the darkness of Timinit.
It once was a noble and bright city, a place of fortune and honour ... but these days, it harbours evil.  These days it is a city of corruption and selfishness ... a slave-trading gateway, whence poor souls are brought out of their cold cages and dark dungeons only long enough to be battered for on the stage of greed in the centre of town.

Great Sun, through dreams and pure thoughts, sent Mum-Ra-Lud and his companion to release the slaves and other refugees of Timinit, and bring them into the lands beyond.
Along the way, Mum-Ra-Lud thought it would do well to burn that place down ... starting with the auction stage.
The GM
 GM, 15 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 14:51
Re: OOC THREAD
Mum-Ra-Lud:
Oh no, it wasn’t burning when we arrived.
We set it alight!
In the name of Holy Sun, who sent us here to rescue the slaves.   The Sun will not tolerate the darkness of Timinit.
It once was a noble and bright city, a place of fortune and honour ... but these days, it harbours evil.  These days it is a city of corruption and selfishness ... a slave-trading gateway, whence poor souls are brought out of their cold cages and dark dungeons only long enough to be battered for on the stage of greed in the centre of town.

Great Sun, through dreams and pure thoughts, sent Mum-Ra-Lud and his companion to release the slaves and other refugees of Timinit, and bring them into the lands beyond.
Along the way, Mum-Ra-Lud thought it would do well to burn that place down ... starting with the auction stage.




DIM, the answer to "Who else is with you?" is immediately obvious, but tell of one individual amongst the refugees who stands out in some way, whether in looks, skills, or personality (or any combination of those).

(If and/or when you meet one from a people yet unknown, describe what the legends tell of one such. If you come to know any of them, they will both satisfy and defy expectations.)
Dim
 player, 6 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 16:11
Re: OOC THREAD
With us is Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the names of the three forgotten gods.
The GM
 GM, 16 posts
Tue 18 Aug 2020
at 16:19
Re: OOC THREAD
Dim:
With us is Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the names of the three forgotten gods.


I'm gonna change that to "Zula, an escaped slave girl of exceptional beauty and courage, who claims to know the true names of three forgotten Great Names."

Finally:

Mum-Ra-Lud, there is someone (not necessarily a Great Name) present in the city of Timinit that wants something from you and/or Dim.

Who or what is this being, and what does he, she, or it want from y'all?


A name might be a stele, ancient when the sky was the face of a child and the moon was
as bright as the sun; a refugee who wants you to find his or her lost love; a fire, young and brash, with a wish to grow as large as the world, or almost anything else.
Mum-Ra-Lud
 player, 6 posts
Thu 20 Aug 2020
at 23:44
Re: OOC THREAD
The GM:
Mum-Ra-Lud, there is someone (not necessarily a Great Name) present in the city of Timinit that wants something from you and/or Dim.

Who or what is this being, and what does he, she, or it want from y'all?

She appears, at first, a child ... but one never grown, but somehow aged as though 800 years old.
A very, very old, child.

Nobody present seems to know her, or where she came from ... and she doesn't know, herself, who she is.   In fact, she keeps asking, "Do you know who I am?" of others.
She seems harmless, and the kind among the crowd seem compassionate to, if freaked out by, her.
"Do YOU know who I am?"

Others, freaked out, find no compassion, and seem close to driving her out ... with rock or stick, if need be.
"DO you know who I am?"

But Mum-Ra-Lud suspects a truth:  this is not mortal human, but a Great Name.
A Great Name that has lost its identify.  "Do you KNOW who I am?"
He suspect that when he can divine her true Name, and return it to her, she will be revitalised ... returned to her true form.
"... but, do you know WHO I AM?" she asks, full of confusion and sadness.