OOC.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
Hound
 player, 41 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 03:55
OOC
All right! I'll take influence over Plasti, then!
GM
 GM, 53 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 20:57
OOC
Done.

I keep the sticky list updated as to influence. Much less good on keeping that list updated on the team pool but I'm trying to keep a running tally of that in the main posts.
Traveler
 player, 37 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 00:13
OOC
How's everyone doing? Seems quiet recently...
Hound
 player, 42 posts
Mon 16 Nov 2020
at 06:10
OOC
I've been clutched! Or rather, Hound has.

Things are okay enough. Running Masks for a great group of people, ditto Dungeon World. Making some very slow prep for a Monsterhearts game.

Starting preliminary work on novel #4.

Trying to keep warm, and give love to my cat.

Hope things are okay for other folks!
Plasti
 player, 40 posts
 Protege
Wed 18 Nov 2020
at 00:22
OOC
Sorry.  I was looking to give Hound first chance to respond, being the one in the villain's clutches.  And then I fell into a patch of bleh and distraction, and it's today already.

As for my action, I doubt it's the wisest course of action.  But it was the first thing that came to mind when I started thinking about my response, and since our characters don't have that much time to ponder their actions, I often try to go with the first reasonable thing that comes to mind.

Also, hoping that as a tech-based character, Falcotron is somewhat more bound by the laws of physics - that is, while the suit may be strong enough to tear the vault door off its hinges, its thrusters aren't strong enough to fly with the much weight.

And it feels like there should be some kind of roll to hold him down.  Not sure if it should be Directly Engage or Unleash Powers.  Same roll, so I just make it either way, but I'll take feedback on which move was more appropriate to my action.
Traveler
 player, 39 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Thu 19 Nov 2020
at 06:37
OOC
I just had a thought Plasti...you set em up, and let em go slingshot style?
GM
 GM, 54 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 21:28
OOC
Plasti:
"And it feels like there should be some kind of roll to hold him down.  Not sure if it should be Directly Engage or Unleash Powers.  Same roll, so I just make it either way, but I'll take feedback on which move was more appropriate to my action.


I think Directly Engage was the right call for that one as you're specifically trying to restrain the bad guy. Though I wouldn't have changed it if you had gone Unleash Powers as that does kind of fit too!

Though thinking about it Defend Someone could probably fit as well. Gotta love so many options for the same action.

This message was last edited by the GM at 21:32, Sat 21 Nov 2020.

GM
 GM, 55 posts
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 21:36
OOC
Plasti and Traveler I think you both get options off the back of your rolls.

For Plasti I can see pretty much any of those options working to help get Hound free in different ways though 'take something from him' is the most obvious choice.

For Traveler I think it's just a choice between whether or not you want to mark a condition or have the effect being unstable or temporary.
Traveler
 player, 40 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Sat 21 Nov 2020
at 23:54
OOC
Ok, I took hopeless as I'm trying to maintain the aperature.
Plasti
 player, 41 posts
 Protege
Mon 30 Nov 2020
at 10:55
OOC
Bleh.  As an adult, holidays have become a chore,  Or at least throw me off kilter.

'Take Something' sounds good.  Let's go with 'Guilty' for my blow - getting people in danger through my actions.

I was going to take an action, but now I'll wait for the result of dropping an anvil, er, the vault door on his head.

As for using scenery, I thank years of playing with systems and GMs who reward you for it. ;)
GM
 GM, 60 posts
Thu 24 Dec 2020
at 21:44
OOC
Happy holidays all!
Traveler
 player, 44 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Thu 24 Dec 2020
at 23:12
OOC
Happy holidays to all my fine compatriots!
Hound
 player, 44 posts
Fri 1 Jan 2021
at 17:02
OOC
So... Is the fight over-ish at this point?
GM
 GM, 61 posts
Sun 3 Jan 2021
at 20:31
OOC
Sorry, could have made that clearer!

Yep - all the bad guys are down or surrender so the fight is officially over. Just the opportunity to interrogate Falcotron (if you want to), hand him over to the authorities (if you want to) and decide how much glory to claim!
Plasti
 player, 45 posts
 Protege
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 10:39
OOC
Yeah, holidays are over, finally.

So, being just a bit bossy.  Team leader and all that. ;)

The other thing I'm wondering is how we want to handle the game going forward, since only 3 players + GM have posted in the last 2 months.  I won't deny I've been flaky.  But we have reached a point where we can regroup and advance the story, and half the group is MIA.  Just sayin'.
Hound
 player, 46 posts
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 15:52
OOC
I'm thinking injecting new blood into the game might help. Whether that means they take over existing characters or make new ones is something I'd want to discuss if we go that route.
Traveler
 player, 45 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Fri 8 Jan 2021
at 21:08
OOC
 I'm here just not much to do currently.
GM
 GM, 62 posts
Sat 9 Jan 2021
at 21:00
OOC
I was thinking of casting around for some new players when the first encounter ended. There was no shortage of RTJs so I suspect some new blood wouldn't be hard to obtain.

Realistically people who want to play new characters are likely to be easier to obtain than those wanting to take over existing and I would have no objection to that in principle. It would likely mean redoing some of the relationships between the characters but we could, in true comic book style, retcon that!

What does everyone think? If people would prefer the existing characters be taken over I don't mind casting around for that and seeing if there are any takers first. At least two of the characters needing cover took little action so they are pretty much blank slates.
Traveler
 player, 47 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Mon 11 Jan 2021
at 10:45
OOC
I'm sure that now after the holidays we'll get some less fair weather players to hang in a bit longer, but it might not hurt to mention your expectations for posting rate.
Plasti
 player, 46 posts
 Protege
Mon 11 Jan 2021
at 23:10
OOC
True, Kick Chick and Echo didn't do as much as Shade.  Also, I like the angle that I like Shade's mentor more than mine.  So I'm somewhat stronger on finding a replacement for Shade than the other two.

On the whole, I'm not sure about looking for replacement players vs new characters vs both.  I suppose it depends on how much you liked the dynamics of the characters.

Only thing I can say is should probably send an official notice to people via rmail that you're replacing them by X.
Hound
 player, 47 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 01:44
OOC
Official note is good, and setting up an expectation for posting rates is also good.

If we decide on fresh characters, I think maybe re-working our influences and our connections with the other characters is in order (the main reason I pushed for taking the old ones was so we wouldn't need to do that, but I'm not totally against it, really.)
Traveler
 player, 48 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 06:38
OOC
I agree with that and the sending notice as well. ^_^

Let's keep it rollin'!
GM
 GM, 63 posts
Wed 13 Jan 2021
at 20:47
OOC
Thanks all - good call on the notice to the others; 'tis the fair thing to do.

I've put some feelers out for a couple of new players.

In the meantime I'll put up a thread for some downtime. Is the plan to meet at the Sanctum or would you rather debrief in some other junior Superhero hangout?
Traveler
 player, 49 posts
 Oh, that's a flashlight
 installed in my eye...
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 05:23
OOC

 Trav has no place to go so I'm with whoever will take me. ^_^
Hound
 player, 48 posts
Thu 14 Jan 2021
at 15:27
OOC
I kinda want to show off the sanctum, but I'm equally good with stopping by a burger joint. :D