OOC Chatter (1)   Posted by Nerull.Group: 0
Danila
 Pilot, 86 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 09:38
The Museum thread
In reply to Frederick Vicouna (msg # 393):

We all were invited.
Khuevaengh
 Sensors-Comms, 84 posts
 Vargr - 7C9CC6
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 15:59
The Museum thread
I don't suppose the records that he just hacked give any indication as to why? (If the pawnshop saw an opportunity with the museum, the museum was pressuring them, someone else was involved, etc.)
Nerull
 GM, 197 posts
 God of Death
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 16:03
The Museum thread
In reply to Khuevaengh (msg # 395):

The museum paid more than the item was worth. They paid 10,000Cr for a 2,500Cr brooch.
Khuevaengh
 Sensors-Comms, 85 posts
 Vargr - 7C9CC6
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 16:12
The Museum thread
Which means that the museum isn't going to be cooperative on this, and the pawn shop has just as much motive to deny everything. So...
Danila
 Pilot, 87 posts
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 16:50
The Museum thread
In reply to Khuevaengh (msg # 397):

A call to a fraud prevention agency?
Khuevaengh
 Sensors-Comms, 86 posts
 Vargr - 7C9CC6
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 17:48
The Museum thread
Maybe, although that's likely to just get the thing seized, not just because of the fraud but because it's of interest to the authorities for its message. And any resolution would require the swift (bureaucratic) hand of justice to do its work, so it might be done in a year or three.

If giving the museum and pawn shop (especially the latter) a poke in the eye is more important than getting the amulet back quickly, though, then it's a viable plan.
Alyx Karoll
 Steward, 127 posts
 Retired Entertainer
 UPP 597FFA
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 20:31
The Museum thread
In reply to Khuevaengh (msg # 399):

Yup. We either need to do this ourselves or bring overwhelming Imperial assistance, which probably means we don't get the message.
Khuevaengh
 Sensors-Comms, 87 posts
 Vargr - 7C9CC6
Sun 11 Oct 2020
at 21:10
The Museum thread
We don't have any secret psions among us, do we? A suggestion or two would come in handy in resolving this...
Andrew Steward Copeland
 Captain, 80 posts
 Self exiled Noble
 Scout Service Survivor
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 03:23
The Museum thread
My character would prefer to avoid resorting outright robbery of the museum. Other than the legality we would need hide from both the authority and the criminals until repairs on the ship are completed in two weeks.If the message on the macguffin is vital for the adventure I hope that pulling off a heist is not our only option.
Alyx Karoll
 Steward, 129 posts
 Retired Entertainer
 UPP 597FFA
Mon 12 Oct 2020
at 04:39
The Museum thread
In reply to Andrew Steward Copeland (msg # 402):

I can see several other ways, but they all include involving other parties with the authority to yoink the brooch/message from us. Part of why I'm trying to figure out who at the museum is actively involved and what they know.
Gvoudzon
 Vargr Gunner., 34 posts
 down on his luck
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 05:10
The Museum thread
quote:
our itinerary includes Pysadi, Zila, Carsten, Pavanne, Nasemin, Jesedipere and then the Vargr Extents to beautiful Scangen. Your return journey will be back through Jesedipere to Junidy.

Your cousin on Aramanx has asked that you depart from your itinerary and pick up the additional luggage he referred to in his last letter. He also says that he hopes you will prolong your stay there for several weeks and then travel to Junidy by way of Nasemin.


Does something look suspicious to Gvoudzon in this message? Is the itinerary standard? Is Scangen that beautiful? Is there something worth staying for weeks on Aramanx? Is "pick the additional luggage" a code for smuggling ? Is "cousin" a slang word for something in the corsair circles?

Streetwise : Gvoudzon rolled 11 using 2d6+1 ((6,4)).
Nerull
 GM, 199 posts
 God of Death
Tue 13 Oct 2020
at 12:01
The Museum thread
Luggage could be a person or item, it could very well be a coded message!
Frederick Vicouna
 Broker, 39 posts
 Astrogater / Broker
 Human 66BCE89
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 16:54
The Museum thread
Picturing dinner like a Tarantino film, camera constantly moving in circle around the table as witty dialog happens. Of course, with less racism than his movies tends to have...
Carver Arvel
 Engineer, 50 posts
 UPP 798BCA
 <REDACTED>
Wed 14 Oct 2020
at 17:33
The Museum thread
In reply to Frederick Vicouna (msg # 406):

Yes, Carver is black.
Nerull
 GM, 201 posts
 God of Death
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 15:40
The Museum thread
In reply to Carver Arvel (msg # 407):

Did I miss something? It got real quiet.
Danila
 Pilot, 90 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 18:47
The Museum thread
In reply to Nerull (msg # 408):

I think Alyx has some investigation out there and if he does not, I'm OK to skip to the next day.

This message was last edited by the player at 18:47, Fri 16 Oct.

Nerull
 GM, 202 posts
 God of Death
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 18:53
The Museum thread
We'll go to the next day tomorrow.
Tal Atvar
 Marine, 48 posts
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 18:58
The Museum thread
Just enjoying the dinner and the atmosphere of the place since Tal doesn't get this type of stuff all that often.
Nerull
 GM, 203 posts
 God of Death
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 19:14
The Museum thread
In reply to Tal Atvar (msg # 411):

RED juicy MEAT!!! RAW! Roooaaaarrr!
Andrew Steward Copeland
 Captain, 84 posts
 Self exiled Noble
 Scout Service Survivor
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 19:24
The Museum thread
Is Andrew going to have to tip the servers (and the clean up crew) extra? Also was our departed captain kind enough to pay for his distraction or is Andrew footing the bill as well?
Nerull
 GM, 204 posts
 God of Death
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 19:27
The Museum thread
In reply to Andrew Steward Copeland (msg # 413):

The Captain took care of everything.
Alyx Karoll
 Steward, 132 posts
 Retired Entertainer
 UPP 597FFA
Fri 16 Oct 2020
at 20:06
The Museum thread
Left to his own devices, Alyx will keep following his curiosity until he falls over. At this point I think he's gotten what he can from the museum. (Sounds like the assistant director may not know he was presenting falsified documents).

He's still interested in more follow up following up on Chan and now having Horizon Travel to find out if there's any records that match the note (betting that there aren't).
Gvoudzon
 Vargr Gunner., 37 posts
 down on his luck
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 10:55
The Museum thread
as a new cub to the group, Gvoudzon follows the pack captain everywhere, - to the navy, the scout, the board - unless ordered the contrary.
Nerull
 GM, 206 posts
 God of Death
Mon 19 Oct 2020
at 11:27
The Museum thread
In reply to Gvoudzon (msg # 416):

He should hide, he's being sought! Unless he decides to steal his brooch back.

This message was last edited by the GM at 11:27, Mon 19 Oct.

Nerull
 GM, 216 posts
 God of Death
Wed 21 Oct 2020
at 13:04
The Museum thread
In reply to Nerull (msg # 417):

Khue has left the game. Would someone be interested in taking the character over? I would appreciate it. Thank you.

This message was last edited by the GM at 13:28, Today.