Milnors Ford.   Posted by Master of Tales.Group: 0
Coraxa
 player, 16 posts
 Iron Violet
 Hp 25/25
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 04:35
Re: Milnors Ford
Coraxa Fallows the screams to help those in need. she follows Ingrid and tries to help hold up the fallen tree. but slips in the mud.
Istvan Vanoson
 player, 16 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 16:28
Re: Milnors Ford
Istvan took cover as best he could-- away from the tower, and next to a nearby section of wall that still seemed very sturdy.

Who does this? he wondered. Don't I remember something about... a... story...? Or legend...? Or folktale...? about something like this happening...? The weather working against someone as if it had a mind of its own, or was being directed by someone or something...?

He tried to remember...

(Spout Lore result: 8)
Caedwen
 player, 11 posts
 Druid
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 19:46
Re: Milnors Ford
From his position of relative safety, Caedwen raises his eyes to the sky to look at the clouds, the bolts of lightning, and attempting to find patterns in where they strike.  As a student of the land and skies, he is quite familiar with what a normal storm looks like, and this seems strange at first glance.


11:44, Today: Caedwen rolled 7 using 2d6+2.  Discern Realities (+Wis).
"What here is not what it appears to be?"

Coraxa
 player, 18 posts
 Iron Violet
 Hp 25/25
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 23:23
Re: Milnors Ford
Croaxa tried again and again in the mud and rain to help Ingrid, but Try as she might, Coraxa was just no match for the mud.

16:19, Today: Coraxa rolled 5 using 2d6+2 ((1,2)).
Master of Tales
 GM, 21 posts
Tue 10 Nov 2020
at 23:49
Re: Milnors Ford

An awestruck bystander came to Haslos aid, helping him to his feet. "wow mister where did you learn to do that?" the wide-eyed youngster asked, as they made their way inside the tower.


Galadiir and Caedwen can both feel the magic of the storm dissipating. The power source upriver, not far off.

Eventually, some of the other warriors and mages of the tower come to Ingrid's aid. with Coraxa and the people, they are able to lift the tree enough Ingrid is free of it.

Ingrid and Coraxa, covered from head to toe in mud, walk into the tower. Where they are joined by the rest of the team.

as they all come together Istvan remembers the tale of the  Weather Weaver's orb. Something about twins...

The summer storm still rages outside, but for now, is no longer destructive.

After receiving reports for damage to the tower and casualties, Magus Sarifina is headed directly to your group.

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:53, Tue 10 Nov 2020.

Galadiir
 player, 16 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 00:05
Re: Milnors Ford
"This felt almost like a warning..." Galadiir frowns. "As if someone meant to say 'give up now, or else', in big lightning letters. Annoying, though I have to give them points for style."

As he notices the Magus, Galadiir turns to her. "Are you unharmed, Magus?"
Caedwen
 player, 12 posts
 Druid
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 00:21
Re: Milnors Ford
Collecting his spear, Caedwen returns to the group.  Before the Magus arrives, he states "It came from upriver.  Not far.  I will go scout, see if anything was left behind.  The magicker who caused the storm will be long gone by now.  If you leave before I return, I will find you."  With this, his form rapidly changes into that of a large bird and flies in the direction of the source of magic.


16:18, Today: Caedwen rolled 5 using 2d6+2.  Shapeshift into bird.
It is a success and Caedwen holds 1, but... [cue Storyteller]

This message was last edited by the player at 21:26, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Istvan Vanoson
 player, 17 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 14:41
Re: Milnors Ford

"Have any of you ever heard an old folktale about... 'the Weather Weaver's orb?' Something about twins...? I feel like it's something I heard a long time ago, like when I was just seven or eight years old... I can remember hardly any details..."
Doxrider
 player, 11 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 15:42
Re: Milnors Ford
Doxrider had found herself simply trying to keep out of peoples' way for the most part, but as the group approached the tower, she looked to Istvan.

"Twins... Twins... Hm. Rings a bell. A silvery one."

Bardic Lore
Choose an area of expertise:

•  Legends of Heroes Past

When you first encounter an important creature, location, or item
(your call) covered by your bardic lore you can ask the GM any one
question about it; the GM will answer truthfully. The GM may then
ask you what tale, song, or legend you heard that information in.

So, GM, who are these twins from the past?

Haslo Gwellerford
 player, 23 posts
 Paladin
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 16:59
Re: Milnors Ford
Haslo gratefully accepts the boy’s aid. “Tis not what I did, lad. For what thou hast witnessed is the work of He Who Guards, whose humble servant I am. My order of the Argent Aegis work His will, that all may find shelter in the hereafter.”

Safe within the tower Haslo collapses against a wall. “Bless you, lad. And keep thy ears open for His call; there is true freedom to be found in submission to Him.”

Haslo gave the boy a closer look. “By what name art thou called?”

“T-Truden, sir.”

“And I am Haslo Gwellerford, Truden.” He paused. “Art thou sure He does not call thee even now? Come. Take up the white and I shall teach thee of hope amidst the terror.”


OOC:
10:55, Today: Haslo Gwellerford rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Parley, boy.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:19, Wed 11 Nov 2020.

Ingrid the Warmaiden
 player, 20 posts
Wed 11 Nov 2020
at 20:04
Re: Milnors Ford
With one arm slung over Coraxa's shoulder for support as she recovers from her exhaustion, Ingrid gives a tired two-fingered salute to the departing druid with her free arm.  Still too tired to muster a verbal response, Ingrid smiles and breathlessly mouthed "thank you" to the warriors and Mages who had rescued her from beneath the tree after her own reckless efforts to save others.  It was part of her creed (and charm) not to care for the cost she paid for her goals, so long as she lived to see victory and revelry after.

She remains quiet before the Magus aside from her heavy breathing, echoing roughly through the air... but glances curiously at Haslo, expectant but unable to call out to him yet about whatever is on her mind..
Master of Tales
 GM, 23 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 02:51
Re: Milnors Ford
Truden: If you did not think the boy's eyes could not get any wider, you were wrong. "I have, I have heard the call of thy Lord Aegis. And... and you will teach me... everything?" he ran off at that moment to gather what few meager belongings the poor orphan had.

Magus Sarifina: She watches as the druid takes flight, inside the building. tisk tisk. "someone help that poor bird get outside." she closes her eyes and pinches the bridge of her nose, it had been a long night, even before the attack. she takes a deep breath.  "The tale you speak of is indeed old, not many even remember it. Long ago in the great planes of Telason. There had been a great drought. The twins of the tale were not true twins, not of blood. But of closest friendship. One studies the ways of the druid, and one the way of the mage." she looks at each of you."I am unharmed, Galadiir. I wish it were so for many." she pauses "I wish it were different but there is no time. you must hurry off. it has been seen by many in the tower. your faces, here, this night. you must follow the bird, you must retrieve the Weather Weavers Orb, it has been seen it is pivotal"
Coraxa
 player, 19 posts
 Iron Violet
 Hp 25/25
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 13:06
Re: Milnors Ford
That mud was a beast. She made a few rude gestures to the warriors who made catcalls at her and Ingrid, covered in mud like wrestlers, as they made their way into the tower. "I think" breath " we can " breath " make it to the... Wearhouse docks.... I can get us a barge... The merchant Torkson owes me... I just have to convince the ... Dockmaster " might be slower than running out the gate, but the looks of this group might be the best option

This message was last edited by the player at 13:10, Thu 12 Nov 2020.

Galadiir
 player, 17 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 16:45
Re: Milnors Ford
Looking at how the warrior tries to catch her breath, Galadiir nods. "It may be somewhat slower, but it will give those of us who needs it a chance to rest as we travel." He turns to Magus Sarifina. "We will set out at once..." *PUCK* "...as soon as we manage to get our horned bird through a window."
Istvan Vanoson
 player, 20 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 17:29
Re: Milnors Ford
Master of Tales:
Truden: If you did not think the boy's eyes could not get any wider, you were wrong. "I have, I have heard the call of thy Lord Aegis. And... and you will teach me... everything?" he ran off at that moment to gather what few meager belongings the poor orphan had.

Magus Sarifina: She watches as the druid takes flight, inside the building. tisk tisk. "someone help that poor bird get outside." she closes her eyes and pinches the bridge of her nose, it had been a long night, even before the attack. she takes a deep breath.  "The tale you speak of is indeed old, not many even remember it. Long ago in the great planes of Telason. There had been a great drought. The twins of the tale were not true twins, not of blood. But of closest friendship. One studies the ways of the druid, and one the way of the mage." she looks at each of you."I am unharmed, Galadiir. I wish it were so for many." she pauses "I wish it were different but there is no time. you must hurry off. it has been seen by many in the tower. your faces, here, this night. you must follow the bird, you must retrieve the Weather Weavers Orb, it has been seen it is pivotal"


Istvan walks to the door, to let the bird out. "...Then let's follow that bird," he says.
Caedwen
 player, 14 posts
 Druid
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 17:33
Re: Milnors Ford
Having not thought ahead, Caedwen beats his newly-formed wings against any window that stands in his way.  It isn't long before someone tires of the noise and opens one, through which Caedwen disappears.  'If they are all travelling upriver, the least I could do is scout ahead.'  He flies over the walls and heads in the direction intended.
Istvan Vanoson
 player, 21 posts
Thu 12 Nov 2020
at 18:19
Re: Milnors Ford
Caedwen:
Having not thought ahead, Caedwen beats his newly-formed wings against any window that stands in his way.  It isn't long before someone tires of the noise and opens one, through which Caedwen disappears.  'If they are all travelling upriver, the least I could do is scout ahead.'  He flies over the walls and heads in the direction intended.


"Um, and let's hurry," Istvan adds. How do we follow that bird if that bird is faster than us...? he frets...
Ingrid the Warmaiden
 player, 22 posts
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 20:22
Re: Milnors Ford
"I'll join you," Ingrid mutters to Coraxa, finally catching her breath and straightening out her body but not yet rejecting her battle-sister's continued support.  The Warmaiden gives a half-hearted salute in the direction of Magus Sarifina, before moving with Coraxa to secure transport...

00:49, Today: Ingrid the Warmaiden rolled 9 using 2d6+1 with rolls of 3,5.  Aid +Bond Coraxa.


Haslo Gwellerford
 player, 25 posts
 Paladin
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 20:31
Re: Milnors Ford
When Truden returned with a small sack and a knife in his belt Haslo rose and drew his sword.

Indicating he should hold the sword in two hands on the forte, Haslo said, "Kneel, Truden, and repeateth: 'I, Truden"."

  "...I, Truden."
  "...Pledge my life, soul, and sacred honour."
  "...In defense of others."
  "...As a shield against the darkness."
  "...As a blade against its cruelty."
  "...I have heard the Call of Light."
  "...And respond without hesitation."
  "...By this pledge I begin my novitiate."
  "...One year of discernment."
  "...Under the Protector Gwellerford."
  "...Sorry, Preceptor Gwellerford."
  "...That I may know better how to serve."
  "...The Righteous Light."
  "...And the Argent Aegis."
  "...So help me."

Haslo smiled. "A day thou shalt remember and cherish thine life entire, Truden. For tis now your life hath truly begun!" He slapped the boy's shoulder. "Haste we now make for the river, for the mechanisms of our enemy are known to us, and with urgency must we strive for their destruction. Come, lad! And on your way, you may begin with the first precept: The Burden Is Light. Meditate upon it as we walk!"

Remembering Coraxa's concern he continued. "Tis not all learning; thou must also teach when thou may'st. Know you aught of watercraft, lad?"


OOC:
How shall we roll up young Truden, DM? You or me?

Coraxa
 player, 22 posts
 Iron Violet
 Hp 25/25
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 22:54
Re: Milnors Ford
The two muddied warriors walking down the street leaning on one another must make for a sight, followed by a ragtag bunch of adventures. Coraxa waves to a few faces she knows as they walk down the dock.

One of the Merchants come up to the party to try to buy their services, "Coraxa! is good to see you eh? You come looking for work you do eh?" Coraxa tries to brush off the merchant lord. "please Coraxa we need you, anyone carrying a sword in the city, it seems, is leaving for the north..."

"aye, as are we" she replies over her shoulder. "Calvin! she hollers out to the dockmaster.

"Coraxa? what you want, your merchant lord Torkson has no barges leaving today."

"That ass, Torkson, owes me. I'm going to take one of his barges on a little trip. She stares him down. "Are you going to deny me? me and my crew here?" she gesture to her friends. quite the imposing team I would think.

The man Calvin is by no means easy to intimidate. Big burly man, arms as big as clubs.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
OOC 15:12, Today: Coraxa rolled 10 using 2d6.  charm dockmaster.


"I reckon not. That a," he looks around to see if anyone is listing "that ass as you called him, is late on his dock fees. Not paying what he owes to more than just you."


and with a 10 roll, I think we get our pick of the litter?? . a nice  row boat just big enough for what 8 people or 10 maybe.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
15:49, Today: Coraxa rolled 6 using 2d6+1.  trailblazer, how quickly do we catch up to Druid.

  or not
Caedwen
 player, 16 posts
 Druid
Fri 13 Nov 2020
at 23:35
Re: Milnors Ford
Upon his release, the antlered hawk flies swiftly into the direction from which he determined the magicks to be emanating.  The storm, lessening somewhat, does not deter Caedwen as it would a normal bird, as he would be able to dry off much more easily upon accomplishing his task.  Finding the river and flying up it turned out to be a simple task, and finding the location was equally trivial.  Through his haste, Caedwen had plenty of time to examine the area before needing to turn around to find his allies.

15:31, Today: Caedwen rolled 12 using 2d6+2.  Scouting upriver.
Master of Tales
 GM, 27 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 01:46
Re: Milnors Ford


Well, Coraxa and her friends really talked that dockmaster out of a beauty. Unfortunately, it takes them the rest of the day to learn how to run the rigging. Coraxas overly enthusiastic "
quote:
" I've seen it done hundreds a times, we can do this
"was not much help.
Caedwen
 player, 17 posts
 Druid
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 02:26
Re: Milnors Ford
'This must be them.  I should wait for my friends, but perhaps I can prevent their escape in the meantime.'  Caedwen, circling the camp to pick out any last detail, turns back upriver and flies until he can find a small stand of trees near the riverbank.  'This will do nicely!  Now to create a hindrance...'  Caedwen lands, and his form shifts rapidly; his feathers fall off, wings turn to legs, his body morphs into that of a rodent... and then his teeth enlarge and his tail pancakes.  As a beaver, he quickly gets to work downing the trees to block any passage.  Making quick work of the wood, he returns to his previous bird form and flies back (taking a moment to note where the suspects are), returning to his companions who seem to be struggling gaining any momentum.

"There are men upriver, not far.  They have only one way to go, as I created a small dam to deter them.  Hurry, lest they clear the way before we arrive."

18:12, Today: Caedwen rolled 11 using 2d6+2.  Shapeshift into beaver.
18:22, Today: Caedwen rolled 5 using 2d6+1.  Hack and Slash (?) against some trees.
18:21, Today: Caedwen rolled 8 using 2d6+2.  Shapeshift into a bird.

Galadiir
 player, 19 posts
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 02:59
Re: Milnors Ford
Galadiir's mouth drops as he sees the ship. "Um... Coraxa? I though you were getting us a barge... not a full ship. It would probably be faster to walk then learning how to avoid beaching this thing..."

Since no one else seems to volonteer for quartermaster, I'll give it a try.

21:59, Today: Galadiir rolled 9 using 2d6.  Quartermaster.

Coraxa
 player, 24 posts
 Iron Violet
 Hp 25/25
Sat 14 Nov 2020
at 03:33
Re: Milnors Ford
"It was the only barge that was empty"