Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)   Posted by Mr DM.Group: 0
Mr DM
 GM, 4 posts
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 12:57
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
It has been three long months since you set sail onboard the fleet of ships heading to the newly discovered continent of Von Arth.  Little has been discovered about this new continent and the lure of being part of history in the making made it an easy decision for you to find passage aboard the fleet.

You are all aboard The Wandering Minstrel and Captain Luren, a broad middle aged human dressed in a very unique naval uniform of his own design, you think the rhinestone covered Axebeak feathers in his hat are a sombre touch compared to the rest of the outfit, is smiling at the prospect of seeing land.

"Look lively me pretty laddys!  Not long now and we'll be landing on a new continent, untouched by civilized hand say the smarty pants back east!" booms out the Captain.

He turns to the nearest adventurers and yells out

"You tasty morsels must be about ready to pee your pants at the thought of all that exploring you lot are going to be doing!"

And with that the Captain heads off as he checks to ensure that his crew are doing their jobs.


Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
feel free to jump into posting here. This is just a free-form chat to introduceyour characters.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:57, Thu 04 Feb 2021.

Solwyn
 player, 2 posts
 Half-Elf Monk
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 13:48
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
   Solwyn was sitting high up on a mast, his keen elven ears picking up the captain's words. The wind felt cold on his bare feet, through his tattered pants. It pulled at his long dark hair, tugging his simple shirt open.
   Those last three months as a sailor on The Wandering Minstrel had gone well : the Captain was fair, the crew friendly enough, and it was an easy way to pay for the journey for someone without coin or connections. But the last few weeks had seemed very long to him. He grew restless thinking of the continent awaiting them, where he could finally switch from sailor to explorer.

   He studied the horizon for a moment, the sight bringing a smile to his face, then smoothly dropped from his perch, sliding down the mast to the deck.
   He had exchanged a few words with some of the other would-be explorers on the ship during the journey, but it was time to introduce himself as not just another sailor.
Taklinn Coalburner
 player, 2 posts
 Dwarf Ranger
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 14:31
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Dwarves and sea voyages were about as good a match as a fish in a desert, and Taklinn was no exception. He had spent the first week retching his guts out, the second one learning to stand around without falling on the constantly swaying vessel, and the best part of the last two and a half months trying to restore his reputation among the crew. Fortunately, the liberal amounts of dwarven schnapps he had brought along had helped with both the seasickness and his standing with the sailors.

But as it often is, all good things must come to an end, and the young dwarf watched with a sigh as he emptied the last drop of brandy from his very last bottle into a cup that was way too small to drown his sorrow. Though full of pride for having survived this ordeal of a journey, he thought longingly of home, of his family, of the garrison he'd probably not see again for a long time. The captain's banter pulled him from his gloomy reverie, and he grinned at the extravagant sailor while holding up his cup.

"Aye, capt'n, just when me fzg'hart ran out, perfect timing! Now that I got used to this ship o'yers, I'm curious as to what me legs will do once we reach the shore. How long till we're here, dy'ou reckon?"
Hyacinth
 player, 2 posts
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 14:58
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
While not part of the sailing crew in a proper sense this small and oddly plant based humanoid would never me mistaken for a laborer, as small as a halfling, and often more clumsy than a dwarf, she has however made herself useful as the ship's medic through the journey.  And a more comfortable journey it has been because of that.  Every member of the crew has at some point benefited from the amazing healing powers of the berries she makes, both for healing and supplementary nourishment.  Although not nearly enough to feed a crew of any size they do make a noticeable dent and have kept the usual dietary problems of long sea voyages from plaguing this crew or from spoiling the other sources of food.

This sort of rare and valuable features has made the crew, and captain quite happy to overlook some of her stranger idiosyncrasies.  When not actively engaged in the tiny amount of work she actually does she spends her days sunning herself on the deck of the ship, shifting from place to place to always be in the most direct light even if a sailor or two needs to step more carefully to walk over her small body.  At night she retires below decks to sleep on a bed of soft earth inside a medium sized shipping crate.  The only thing even remotely like clothing she has ever worn is a heavy set of interlinked pieces of bark and wooded vine that technically covers most of her body, but is no more solid or difficult to see her not quite anatomically correct body through than the suit of chainmail it seems to be styled after.
Tumenril Moonshadow
 player, 2 posts
 Elf Archer
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 15:33
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Tumenril kept to his self through most of the voyage. He helped where needed, but for the most part left the sailing up to the crew. His work would start once they reached their destination. He said very little and when he did speak it was always in the Elven language. This seemed to confer a bit of superiority attitude to Tumenril, one which he didn't seem to want to dissuade. When not doing the few things he was willing to do to help out, he'd often bee seen on deck at practice with a strange two bladed scimitar. He seemed proficient in it, but looked as though he was still trying to master it. He also kept a bow near at hand and seemed more comfortable with it than the strange weapon he practiced with. Any who asked about the weapon received an icy glare and a sharp few words in Elvish that roughly translated to Mind Your Own Buisness though perhaps not as nicely put.


OOC: Tumernril can speak common (and you defiantly know he understands it), but chooses not to. I imagine he's a little more willing to speak to Solwyn, but still with a bit of disdain as he's not a full elf.
Teoshi
 player, 2 posts
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 15:40
Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
As for Teoshi, well, she had grown used to odd looks from folks on the mainland but here it was like all the other oddities aboard drew more attention than herself at least for appearance. After all she practically looked human, it was just the odd slit for pupils and forked tongue that gave away her otherness and those were easily distracted from. She spent most of her time aboard tending to minor injuries that occurred and when not performing any duties as such she would often be found sitting with Taklin and the sailors. She could put away the dwarven alcohol as good as any sailor and almost as good as Taklin himself, almost. Strong and well armed and armored she would certainly be an asset to the whole exploration party once they made land.
Braaka Nightseer
 player, 2 posts
 Orc Cleric of the Moon
 Night holds no secrets
Thu 4 Feb 2021
at 19:06
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Braaka had decided, after some time, that he liked sea journeys. He hadn't been sure at first, of course. The unusual, constant movement under him, the swaying causing walking to be hazardous, the initial retching....none of it had been pleasant, and he had kept to himself during that time so he didn't bite someone's head off.

But over time he had gotten used to the sea travel. While he was never going to be a sailor or pirate, he no longer hated it at least. For him, that was saying something.

He turned his head slightly to glower at the captain. But then he shrugged it off, literally, and shook his head. He wasn't afraid. He was...eager.

To no one in particular he muttered, "It'll be good to be on land again."
Taklinn Coalburner
 player, 3 posts
 Dwarf Ranger
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 08:22
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Taklinn patted his vestment, found a final hip-flask hidden under the layers of cloth and mail, and uncorked it with a satisfied "Ha!". A look of disappointment spread across his face as it proved to be empty as well. With a sigh, he glared at the towering orc beside him.

"Aye, that it will be. What's brings ye to those new lands, Orc? Not everyday ones of youse takes the road - or water - with the so-called civilized folks. So far we seem to be a pretty wild bunch. Anything but plain ol' humans, eh? I guess they want to send in the expendables first before setting up shop." he concluded with a chuckle.
Mr DM
 GM, 8 posts
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 12:40
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Taklinn Coalburner:
"Aye, capt'n, just when me fzg'hart ran out, perfect timing! Now that I got used to this ship o'yers, I'm curious as to what me legs will do once we reach the shore. How long till we're here, dy'ou reckon?"


"Well me little dumpling I find whenever I have to leave me beloved ship for land I tend to stumble around like a drunkard for the first week or so, but once I stop drinking I'm generally pretty steady on the old sea legs!"
replied Captain Luren to Taklinn.

At this point when the adventurers were mentally preparing themsleves to set foot on the unexplored continent, the attention of all of them was drawn to a massive explosion of water in the distance as several huge tentacles exploded out of the depths seeming to seek out the nearest ship, which happened to be the war galley Mercy For None, and attempted to shatter the vessel with it's coils.

"KRAKEN! PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS!" cried out Captain Luren.

Turning to the nearby adventurers he barked out quick orders.

"Where there's a kraken there is bound to be kraken spawn!  Prepare your steel and spells me lovelies!   Those of you who can fight engage anything that attempts to clamber aboard, if you are shooting or have spells pick your targets carefully!  Anything that looks like a leader or spellcaster you bring them down as soon as you can!" and with that the Captain set about preparing the rest of crew for combat against whatever attempts to board.

OOC: Please roll Initiative everybody and once you have then we will get the order and start the shenanigans

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:41, Fri 05 Feb 2021.

Mr DM
 GM, 9 posts
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 12:45
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
CURRENT INTIATIVE ORDER

Solwyn rolled 18 using 1d20+3
Teoshi rolled 17 using 1d20-1
Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 15 using 1d20+3
Captain Luren, rolled 15 using 1d20
Taklinn Coalburner rolled 9 using 1d20+2
First Wave of Kraken Spawn, rolled 9 using 1d20.
Hyacinth rolled 5
Braaka Nightseer rolled 4 using 1d20
Crew of the Wandering Minstrel, rolled 4 using 1d20

I will update this when everybody has rolled

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:03, Sat 06 Feb 2021.

Taklinn Coalburner
 player, 4 posts
 Dwarf Ranger
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 12:52
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
With an agility that would be unparallelled for a dwarf if he hadn't been drunk, Taklinn sprang on his feet and upon the nearest barrel in order to gain the best view. He unslung his longbow from his back, engaged an arrow and waited with excitation for the first wave of assaillants.

13:50, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 9 using 1d20+2.  Initiative!
Teoshi
 player, 3 posts
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 13:14
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
As the captain started barking orders Teoshi leapt up, grabbing her shield, and headed toward the middle of the ship where and have the best view and chance to help the most people.

Teoshi rolled 17 using 1d20-1.  Initiative
Hyacinth
 player, 4 posts
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 14:56
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Having already set herself in motion to prepare for landfall Hyacinth is just returning to the deck with her heavy wooden version of chainmail and a similarly styled shield when the call goes out to prepare for assault.  As she heads for the tightest group of combatants on the deck she also pulls free an oddly shaped club that looks like it was made in the shape of a humanoid's arm with the hand forming both grip and guard as she holds it, whispering what could be a short prayer over it, no doubt for luck in the upcoming conflict.
Braaka Nightseer
 player, 4 posts
 Orc Cleric of the Moon
 Night holds no secrets
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 15:59
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Braaka's head whipped around as he heard the yelling. He bounced on the balls of his feet as he checked to make sure his holy symbol was hanging freely to be grabbed. He pulled out his shield and warhammer, a fierce grin sliding on to his face.

08:45, Today: Braaka Nightseer rolled 4 using 1d20.  Initiative.
Tumenril Moonshadow
 player, 3 posts
 Elf Archer
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 19:59
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
OOC: On my phone so won’t get a real post up til
14:56, Today: Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 15 using 1d20+3 ((12)).

Solwyn
 player, 4 posts
 Half-Elf Monk
Fri 5 Feb 2021
at 23:00
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
   "Aye, aye, Captain."

   Solwyn took up position, standing back to back with the tall woman near the main mast. He was unarmed and unarmored, his feet and arms bare, but his stance and the resolute look in his eyes indicated someone ready and able to fight for his life as well as others'.

13:50, Today: Solwyn rolled 18 using 1d20+3.  Initiative.
Mr DM
 GM, 11 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 12:30
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
With a practiced effort the crew of The Wandering Minstrel prepared themselves for combat.  They loaded and aimed the four small magical rune cannons, preparing the runerods of igniton and seeking clear targets amidst the waves.  Other crew members handed out the spring guns, and those with the long tubes swiftly wound the cranks and loaded in the harpoons.  The remainder armed themselves with their own personal weapons and prepared themselves to go where they were needed.

The adventurers set themselves as they were wont to and waited for the blood and fury to begin.

Peering over the railing into the waters of the ocean they could see the frothing of the waves as masses of creatures boiled up from the depths.  Off in the distance where the kraken was venting it's fury on the war galley several of the nearby vessels of the fleet had let loose volleys from their rune cannons which seemed to have little effect on the tentacles of the great beast.

At that point five sea spawn (AC:11 HP:??) started climbing up the side of the Wandering Minstrel to be met by the defenders.  About 100 feet out a large shelled creature, it looks like a weird mixture of armoured fish and snail perhaps a kraken hatchling (AC:16 HP:???), rises to the top of the ocean and seems to be preparing to do something.

ACTIONS?

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:35, Sat 06 Feb 2021.

Solwyn
 player, 5 posts
 Half-Elf Monk
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 13:58
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
   Solwyn kept his position, back to back with Teoshi, ready to charge the first creature to appear over the railing.

ooc : initiative 18

This message was last edited by the player at 22:28, Sat 06 Feb 2021.

Tumenril Moonshadow
 player, 4 posts
 Elf Archer
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 15:17
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Tumenril moves to an upper deck to provide a better vantage point to shoot from. He deems the Hatchling to be the better target as the others should be able to handle the spawn that have boarded. Lining up his shot he takes a deep breath and just as he lets the arrow loose, the ship rolls and throws the arrow wide.


10:13, Today: Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 12 using 1d20+7.  Attack: kraken hatchling.

Teoshi
 player, 6 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 15:47
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Teoshi stayed center of ship for now, better to let the spawn come to them and attack in greater numbers. She etched a symbol in the air with her free hand and swung it downward as if a hammer to an anvil. As she did she called out in dwarvish two words. "Kadrel'th Varekan."

A flame like radiance descended on the first spawn to crawl aboard the ship.

Action: cast Sacred Flame
  Spawn makes DC13 Dex save or take a whopping 1 radiant damage

Taklinn Coalburner
 player, 6 posts
 Dwarf Ranger
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 16:44
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
From his elevated position, Taklinn could see the frontliners closing onto the ship, but his attention was drawn to the snail-like creature. This one would certainly prove much more difficult than the mass of sea spawns; plus, his companions could handle those. Taking a deep breath, he drew his bow and let an arrow fly towards the kraken hatchling. The projectile hit true, though the creature seemed barely affected.


Hits AC 21 for 4 piercing damage
17:43, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 4 using 1d8+2.  Bow damage (piercing).
17:43, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 21 using 1d20+4.  Bow attack vs. AC 16.

Braaka Nightseer
 player, 5 posts
 Orc Cleric of the Moon
 Night holds no secrets
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 17:15
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Braaka watched as the ship's crew readied themselves. They seemed to be well-prepared and/or well-practiced at this. Time would tell if they were good in combat as well. They had spiffy weapons, to be sure.

He stepped up to the side where the sea spawn were coming up. He looked down at one not yet up to him and touched his holy symbol, "This bell tolls for thee." A low bass ringing noise echoed near the sea spawn.

OOC: Toll the Dead on one of the sea spawn. Wisdom Save DC 12 or take 7 damage if uninjured, 1 if injured.

10:14, Today: Braaka Nightseer rolled 7,1 using d8,d12.  Damage if save failed (first one if it's uninjured, 2nd if it's not).

Hyacinth
 player, 6 posts
Sat 6 Feb 2021
at 17:45
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Neither quick nor hasty Hyacinth finds herself a spot by the railing with the largest clump of sailors and waits for one of the sea spawn to poke its head over the edge where she can see it, and smashes it with the stick in her hand, cracking its skull open with an impossibly powerful hit from such small arms.
Mr DM
 GM, 13 posts
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 12:52
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
The combat develops swiftly with the adventurers and crew preparing to defeat the swarming sea creatures.  Scaling the side of a ship is difficult especially so when the people on the ship are trying to kill you, as the sea spawn find out.  Met by a wave of resistance the first sea spawn is hit by the sacred flame cast by Teoshi while another is targeted by Braaka but simply shrugs off the ringing attack.

Roaring out orders Captain Luren calls for the rune cannons to specially target the kraken hatchling before drawing his cutlass and dart gun.

An arrow flies out and strikes the kraken hatchling but doesn't seem to do as much damage as Taklinn hoped for.

With a burbling cry the sea spawn clamber up the side of the ship and lay about them with their claws and strange appendages.  Half a dozen of the crew go down under their blows.

In reply the crew fire their tube guns and one of the sea spawn is struck twice by two harpoons while the crew in melee combat deliver significant damage, with Hyacinth delivering the finishing blow to one of the sea spawn with her cudgel, meaning that only four of the creatures remain, all of them injured.

Then the rune cannons go off with a thump, two of the flaming balls missing but the other two striking home and exploding causing the kraken hatchling to start issuing a strange keening wail as it slowly sinks back under the waves.

ACTIONS?

OOC: The kraken hatchling has sunk out of sight while one of the sea spawn is dead and the other four are surrounded near the starboard railing and being flanked and attacked by the crew.  All of you can move into melee with the sea spawn if you wish and have Advantage or stay at a distance and attack.

This message was last edited by the GM at 12:55, Sun 07 Feb 2021.

Tumenril Moonshadow
 player, 8 posts
 Elf Archer
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 14:24
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Seeing the hatchling disappear beneath the waves, Tumenril turns his attention to the spawn on deck. He lines up an arrow with one that's engaged in melee and lets it fly. His aim is true this time and it sinks into the creature with some effect.



09:21, Today: Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 5 using 1d8+3.  Arrow Damage.

09:20, Today: Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 23 using 1d20+7.  Attack: Spawn (advantage roll).

09:19, Today: Tumenril Moonshadow rolled 9 using 1d20+7.  Attack: Spawn.


Taklinn Coalburner
 player, 9 posts
 Dwarf Ranger
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 14:53
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Taklinn watched with satisfaction as the hatchling went under. Maybe it had been the cannons, but he was certain his masterful shot had played a significant part it the beast's demise. Meanwhile, the sea spawn were wrecking havoc on the crew, threatening to overpower the untrained sailors. Dropping his bow, the dwarf jumped down from his barrel and marched over to the nearest sea spawn, drawing both his hatchets in the process, then sliced at the creature with both weapons. The first blow severed a sizeable hunk of flesh, the second only a little bit.

"Have at ye, ye big shrimp!"

15:51, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 9,1 using d6+3,d6.  Damage 1st and 2nd attack.
15:51, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 21 using 2d20+5, dropping the lowest dice only.  Bonus attack vs AC 11 with Advantage.
15:50, Today: Taklinn Coalburner rolled 22 using 2d20+5, dropping the lowest dice only.  Attack AC 11 with advantage.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:54, Sun 07 Feb 2021.

Teoshi
 player, 8 posts
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 15:07
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Time to wade in and crack some skulls. Teoshi grabbed her mace and made her way to one of the sea spawn being swarmed by the crew. With a heavy swing she brought her mace down on the creature feeling a satisfying thunk-squelch as it collided.

Mine: To most injured spawn
Action: Mace hits AC 18 for 6 Bludgeoning

Teoshi rolled 18 using 2d20+4, dropping the lowest dice only.  Mace

Teoshi rolled 6 using 1d6+2.  Mace damage

Hyacinth
 player, 9 posts
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 15:27
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Sticking with the plan that brought her early success Hyacinth continues to batter the sea spawn, aiming for the most damaged looking one when the opportunity presents, but never taking any significant risks to get there, or leave any of them behind her still standing.
Varx
 player, 2 posts
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 16:11
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
With a hand on either side of the pail that sat on the ground before her, Varx's stomach once again spasmed, forcing up nothing but bile and water - for this was the sixth time that she'd wretched this morning as a result of the curse'ed sickness that the constant swaying of the boat had plagued her with.  She would be glad for this vessel to finally reach its destination so she could once again plant her feet on solid ground.

As the urge to vomit subsided her ears perked at the sounds coming from above deck.  It was the distinct sound of battle.  Aboard a ship that could only mean one of two things...there was a mutiny afoot or someone or something was attempting to take the ship.  Wiping her face clean from her recent 'efforts' she grabbed her bow and proceeded up the ladder she now stood beside to the deck above.

Having made it to the deck of the ship Varx assessed the situation.  She could see a number of creatures, presumably having climbed the side of the ship, attacking the crew and other passengers.  Raising her bow and nocking an arrow she took aim and fired upon the nearest attacker that was currently in melee combat with someone from the ship.






NOTE: Vrax is currently in the form of a female elf (see image in character description) and will be going by the name of Anaya while in this form (to prevent any confusion when I do introduce her to members of the group).


12:01, Today: Varx rolled 10 using 1d20+3.  initiative.


12:08, Today: Varx rolled 6 using 2d6+3.  arrow damage with 1d6 sneak attack damage.

12:06, Today: Varx rolled 12 using 1d20+5.  ranged attack.

and already the rpol roller is showing me the love...sigh lol

Braaka Nightseer
 player, 7 posts
 Orc Cleric of the Moon
 Night holds no secrets
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 17:32
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
Braaka frowned as the sea spawn shrugged of his divine attack. He then huffed out a breath and shrugged it off. He waited for them to clear the side of the deck and come over the railing, but then he hurried forward and smashed one with his warhammer. He didn't waste any time or breath on words, fully in the fight.

10:29, Today: Braaka Nightseer rolled 20 using 2d20+5, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 15,12.  Warhammer vs Sea Spawn.
10:30, Today: Braaka Nightseer rolled 8 using 1d8+3.  Warhammer damage.

Rex Dauntless
 player, 4 posts
 Human Fighter
 AC 17 | HP 12/12 | PP 12
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 18:19
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
With a snort, Rex Dauntless awakes from his nap to hear the sounds of shouts, bows, swords, and spells. Battle!

He leaps into action, spotting the interloping sea spawn, and enters the melee, drawing a longsword and a whip as he cries out, "Yarrrghhh!" He immediately moves to attack to attack the nearest spawn with his sword and a slightly further one with a crack of the whip.

Init 12, whip hits for 6 slashing damage, and longsword crits for 10 slashing damage.

12:03, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 12 using 1d20+2.  Initiative.
12:18, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 1 using 1d8.  Second half of critical. (swore I hit 2d8 the first time, but I guess I mis-clicked)
12:16, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 9 using 1d8+3.  Longsword Damage (critical hit).
12:15, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 25 using 1d20+5.  Longsword attack vs. Sea spawn.
12:15, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 6 using 1d4+3.  Whip Damage.
12:14, Today: Rex Dauntless rolled 11 using 1d20+5.  Whip attack vs. Sea spawn.

Solwyn
 player, 8 posts
 Half-Elf Monk
Sun 7 Feb 2021
at 19:25
Re: Welcome to Von Arth! (IC THREAD)
   No soonner had the creatures appeared over the railing than the half-elf bounded toward them, crashing into the nearest enemy elbow first and instantly following up with a backhand punch.

ooc : init 18
Move Action : Move (up to 30ft) to the nearest enemy
Attack Action : Unarmed Attack critical miss
Bonus Action : Unarmed Attack Hit 23, 6 bludg. dmg