16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances.   Posted by GM.Group: 0
GM
 GM, 1 post
Wed 17 Feb 2021
at 16:22
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
The night goes long as the camp gathers around a central bonfire. Dara gives a prayer for those that have lost their lives over the past Tenday. She focuses on their suffering and the blessings of Ilmater that have taken that suffering from them. The prayer seems uncharacteristically dark and she can be seen visibly struggling to keep it from being even more so.

After the prayer is ended, each member of the caravan comes forward with a note or a possession of someone that was lost and tosses it into the bonfire. A light rain does little to help the somber mood.

What are you folks doing?
Bricet
 player, 1 post
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 21:26
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
In reply to GM (msg # 1):

Bricet is cleaning his weapons and reciting legal concepts in his head.
Brer Vodraz
 player, 1 post
Thu 18 Feb 2021
at 22:48
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Brer watches quietly and respectfully  as Dara performs her ceremony knowing that the other party had found their place withTempus having fallen in battle.  Still, the ceremony over, he seeks out the priestess, “You did well.  Now that we have food and some weapons for hunting and defense we should be able to concentrate or efforts on just keeping the group together and moving.”  He seems sheepish for a moment, not knowing how to continue, “Horrible as it is, those deaths will motivate our guards and I intend to see if there is anyone else who would like to learn to use a crossbow.  Easy enough to learn to load and not point them at anything you’re not intending kill and bandits will likely run from a volley of bolts even if they miss..  I was planning on starting the training with you if there is interest.”

OOC: I remember us getting crossbows but maybe I’m crazy.  It can be any simple weapon honestly.  If she refuses he will continue to make sure that the guards are ready and armed with the new weapons and seeing if others are interested in training.
Dara
 NPC, 1 post
Fri 19 Feb 2021
at 14:19
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Dara seems distant when Brer first approaches, but pays attention as he speaks responding thoughtfully when he finishes, ”I appreciate the offer, but I do not feel that Ilmater’s path for me includes taking lives or causing the harm I need to take away.” She rests her hand on Brer’s arm and offers a wane smile, ”I trust that you and Tempus can keep us protected.”. She excuses herself and heads to her tent, her old bodyguard and his goat trailing behind her.

Where is everyone else and what are they doing at this moment?
Jamrion
 player, 1 post
Sat 20 Feb 2021
at 00:42
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Watch the ceremony silently.  As Brer walks away from Dara.
Brer, I will assist you.
Will walk and talk about how we can set up training.
Mouse Squeak
 player, 1 post
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 20:40
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Mouse listens to the service and only shuffles occasionally. When everyone breaks up he will watch them go before finding some cover near a wagon.

[Is the caravan trying to keep silent and dark during the night or do have fires going?]
Roscoe Porridgepot
 player, 1 post
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 20:43
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Roscoe is feeling beat from the past two days activities.  Especially almost being killed by a glorified rosebush.  Not having much to add to the topic of martial training, he finds a comfy spot near a fire and almost immediately falls asleep.
GM
 GM, 2 posts
Sun 21 Feb 2021
at 23:49
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
There are campfires
Mouse Squeak
 player, 2 posts
Mon 22 Feb 2021
at 15:56
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Mouse hesitantly pulls out his viola and starts a sad, quiet song.
GM
 GM, 9 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 13:10
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Brer and Jamrion finish their perimeter wall and arrive back at their camp where Mouse is playing his viola by the fire. A small gathering of refugees has gathered around to listen.
Mouse Squeak
 player, 3 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 15:38
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Mouse seems to withdrawal into his hood more as people gather around. He isn't bad but isn't particularly striking either.
Jamrion
 player, 13 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 17:03
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Finds a spot to sit around the fire.well done mouse.
Mouse Squeak
 player, 4 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 20:40
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Mouse inclines his head slightly at Jamrion before he closes his eyes and focuses on his song.
Brer Vodraz
 player, 8 posts
Thu 25 Feb 2021
at 23:32
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Brer seems preoccupied when he returns to the fire, and waits for the end of the song before speaking, “So...  What next?  I don’t intend to spend any more time with this group after we bring them to Baldur’s Gate than is necessary.  What is the next step for us?”
Mouse Squeak
 player, 5 posts
Fri 26 Feb 2021
at 15:34
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
"I don't know. Home is gone. There are people in Baldur's Gate who should care about this right? Priests? Do we talk to them?"
Bricet
 player, 2 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 19:51
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
In reply to Mouse Squeak (msg # 15):

I think we should talk to the priests there as well as anyone in charge that may have an idea as to what happened or what we do not know that has occurred since. 
Brer Vodraz
 player, 9 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 21:13
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
Brer shrugs, “I suppose, but what will they know that we don’t already?  The city was taken to one of the hells.  I doubt the reason why matters and I’d bet the solution is going there and killing whatever took it.  The means to get there and survive are another matter, but...  That is neither here nor there.”

He scratches at his beard, “The question is, is it even prudent to try to bring the city back.  Who knows what has happened to its inhabitants or what else might come through with it.”
Bricet
 player, 3 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 21:54
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
In reply to Brer Vodraz (msg # 17):

We don’t know what they know or don’t know.  Certainly, we will never know anything more if we don’t ask.
Jamrion
 player, 14 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 22:30
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
I have no idea what we should do next.  Talking to preist and leaders seem like a good idea if we really want to get embroiled in this.  Is it really any of our concern??
Brer Vodraz
 player, 10 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 23:07
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
“Jamiron is hitting on what I am thinking.  Certainly we can ask, but should we?  Do we even want to chase down the cause of this event?   There are only five of us...  Plus maybe a few of our guards...  And we are struggling to make it to Baldurs Gate.  How can we expect to get to the hells?”

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:16, Sat 27 Feb.

Jamrion
 player, 15 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 23:28
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
I am sure that we could get to Baldurs gate much faster, but we assured Dara we would assist the caravan.  As for going to hell I would just rather wait until I am an old man.
Brer Vodraz
 player, 11 posts
Sat 27 Feb 2021
at 23:31
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
The cleric smiles, “I intend to skip the hells entirely, but yes I have no intent of leaving the caravan before we make it to Baldurs Gate.”
Jamrion
 player, 16 posts
Mon 1 Mar 2021
at 17:27
16th of Mirtul; Night of Remembrances
since we have a consensus on near future, I say it is time to turn in for the night, we can talk to Roscoe in morning. 

Find place to sleep.

OOC: plan to speak with Bill before movement in morning.