Caves of Chaos Part 2.   Posted by Dungeon Master.Group: 0
Gyp Toogood
 player, 128 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 14:09
Caves of Chaos Part 2
"We won't know unless we try. Better than getting our heads cut off in a needless battle" Gyp offered some hope however slim.
Simon
 Player, 21 posts
 Apprentice Wizard
 AC 9 | HP 2/2
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 21:30
Caves of Chaos Part 2
"I do not believe there is a dragon...or any beast there. I believe Kyr was desperately trying scare us off before. I expect there are only a few females and younglings and I doubt they have any significant treasure left," Simon says.

He continues, "From my perspective, we made an accord with the Kobold to leave them be in exchange for information on the caves."
Falco Mugwort
 player, 140 posts
 Human Spear Fighter
 AC 2/4 | HP 2/2
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 21:35
Caves of Chaos Part 2
After listening to the options of the others, Falco says to Gyp, "I agree, it does not feel right to go back on our deal. I will not stand in your way, Gyp, but neither will I aid you. If you and your hired help want to pillage the kobolds again, I will wait here for your return."

This message was last edited by the player at 21:40, Thu 17 Feb.

Gyp Toogood
 player, 129 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 21:57
Caves of Chaos Part 2
"Aye" Gyp nodded and agreed with his companions "I seek treasure not battle, so I'm happy to fight neither kobold nor goblin" he smiled "let's bargain where we can and steal when we can't. Are we ready?"
Faldal
 player, 42 posts
 Acolyte
 AC 2, HP 2/2
Fri 18 Feb 2022
at 16:31
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Faldal nods at the speeches of Falco and Simon, showing he is on the same page. He is ready to go whenever the others will.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 167 posts
Sat 19 Feb 2022
at 15:33
Caves of Chaos Part 2
After a brief rest at the edge of the clearing, using the forest for cover, the party moves on through it, past the small cave (empty as they pass) and into the rougher woods beyond that lead to the Caves of Chaos.  It is another hour to move through the thicker woods and underbrush, the ground rising steeply on the left (North) as they move, until finally rounding a bend and coming into the entrance of the defile or bowl that is largely barren of trees and has the cave mouths.

On the lowest level to the right is the kobold cave.  On the left there are two other cave entrances, one directly across from the kobold cave partially concealed under the eaves of a gnarled tree, the other much closer to where you are standing.
Gyp Toogood
 player, 130 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Sun 20 Feb 2022
at 09:32
Caves of Chaos Part 2
”Closest cave first” Gyp pointed “anyone speak any goblin or hobgoblin? Do hobgoblins have their own language or do they just said hob before every word” the fool began to prattle on whilst he waited for the others to make their minds up.
Simon
 Player, 22 posts
 Apprentice Wizard
 AC 9 | HP 2/2
Sun 20 Feb 2022
at 14:49
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Simon replies, "I learned the language of the Goblins in addition to that of the Kobolds from my studies. I expect the Hobgoblins also speak it." He lightly scratches the left side of his face, lost in thought, as he looks on at the caves.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:49, Sun 20 Feb.

Gyp Toogood
 player, 131 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Sun 20 Feb 2022
at 16:02
Caves of Chaos Part 2
"Ah good. Let's go knock on the door and see who's home" he headed toward the nearest cave.
Leozaren
 player, 57 posts
 Elf
 AC3 , HP 2/2
Tue 22 Feb 2022
at 22:15
Caves of Chaos Part 2
"And I know the language of the hobgoblins. I fear I may have to use it to ask for Gyp's return..."

Leozaren gave a wry smile as he watched the Fool head for the cave.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 171 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:25
Caves of Chaos Part 2
The party cautiously approaches the first cave on the left as you enter the ravine, the closest cave entrance to where you were, and within ten feet of entering the tunnel becomes more regular, clearly worked and shaped.  At the 20 foot mark it divides into three tunnels, West, South and East.  There are no torches or other light, though for the moment the light entering the cave entrance illuminates the tunnel.  Joop and Wort have their weapons ready, for the moment bringing up the rear.
Falco Mugwort
 player, 142 posts
 Human Spear Fighter
 AC 2/4 | HP 2/2
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:26
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Falco stands ready, his shield in place and his spear held firm. He replies, "Hmmm...let us go left and work around like the hands of a timekeeper's clock." He adds, "Be sure to our retreat is secured, or it could be our end."
Faldal
 player, 44 posts
 Acolyte
 AC 2, HP 2/2
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:26
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Faldal nods and starts very cautiously to progress into the left tunnel, his shield up.
Gyp Toogood
 player, 135 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:27
Caves of Chaos Part 2
“We’ll watch your back” Gyp reassured Falco as he followed behind with his two men at arms. In preparation for danger Gyp readied his own bow, passing his torch to Wort who carried a javelin.
Gyp Toogood
 player, 136 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:27
Caves of Chaos Part 2
When the tunnel forked again Gyp's only suggestion was to continue with their original plan "stay to the left" he whispered from behind Falco.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 173 posts
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:32
Caves of Chaos Part 2
The new left passage it becomes clear as the torchlight precedes the group, is a dead end.

You hear the sounds of footsteps from the passage ahead, not the dead end.  They are not hurried and there is no sound of alarm, however, the torch will give you guys away very soon.
Gyp Toogood
 player, 137 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Sat 26 Feb 2022
at 15:49
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Keen of ear Gyp heard the footsteps in the other passage. The fool whispered for the others to hide “to the dead end, Leozaren guide them into the darkness. If they want battle I will flee to you, set an ambush” he urged. Gyp took a leaning position at the mouth of the dead end tunnel. Torch in hand and dressed in his motley Gyp hoped to convey a peaceful posture and waited to see what emerged from the darkness. He would try parleying and if that failed he would flee, hopefully leading any enemies into a well laid trap!
Faldal
 player, 45 posts
 Acolyte
 AC 2, HP 2/2
Mon 28 Feb 2022
at 13:54
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Faldal sees the merit of the jester's plan, and does as instructed.
Leozaren
 player, 58 posts
 Elf
 AC3 , HP 2/2
Tue 1 Mar 2022
at 22:58
Caves of Chaos Part 2
There was wisdom to the Fool's plan, and Leozaren nodded and quickly led everyone else into the cover of darkness. He readied his bow.
Dungeon Master
 GM, 174 posts
Wed 2 Mar 2022
at 22:25
Caves of Chaos Part 2
The party - minus Gyp -  barely has time to get out of sight when a group of six goblins comes into the torchlight.  They are wary, all of them have short-swords, four of them carrying sacks over their shoulders, the other two their swords in hand.



The goblins rolled a 6 initiative.  They definitely appear hostile.  Roll initiative for the group.  Gyp can withdraw as part of his move and draw them to the others.

17:24, Today: Dungeon Master rolled 6 using 1d6.  Goblin Initiative.

Leozaren
 player, 59 posts
 Elf
 AC3 , HP 2/2
Wed 2 Mar 2022
at 22:57
Caves of Chaos Part 2
As the goblins appeared and Gyo moved out of the way, Leozaren immediately fired his bow. However, he was not the most dextrous of elves and his shot badly missed it's mark.


22:56, Today: Leozaren rolled 2 using 1d6.  initiative.
22:56, Today: Leozaren rolled 3 using 1d20.  attack roll, longbow.

Falco Mugwort
 player, 143 posts
 Human Spear Fighter
 AC 2/4 | HP 2/2
Thu 3 Mar 2022
at 02:20
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Falco, generally being a cooperative sort of person, remains quiet with the others. He holds his shield and spear firmly and observes.
Simon
 Player, 23 posts
 Apprentice Wizard
 AC 9 | HP 2/2
Thu 3 Mar 2022
at 02:21
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Simon quietly observes with the others. He rubs his chin, thinking about the situation as it plays out before them.
Gyp Toogood
 player, 138 posts
 Thief
 AC 7, HP 4/4
Thu 3 Mar 2022
at 07:31
Caves of Chaos Part 2
An entertainer of both the rich and poor Gyp could read an audience. He saw little that he liked in the faces of the armed goblins. They’d be little time for jokes or foolery “how do orcs eat their food?” he said as he ran away “by goblin it down!” the fool called out over his shoulder.
Faldal
 player, 46 posts
 Acolyte
 AC 2, HP 2/2
Thu 3 Mar 2022
at 15:14
Caves of Chaos Part 2
Faldal is ready to engage as soon as the orcs appear nearby, his shield and weapon gripped firmly.