1 - Adventure begins.   Posted by Ao.Group: 0
Osmon Mambetov
 player, 42 posts
 Human Wizard
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 00:20
1 - Adventure begins
While the others move to investigate the supplies, I send a quick message to Amalia. I am going to keep an eye on the entrance. Moving back through the cavern I send Edgar ahead to keep an eye on the entrance from the trees outside while I wait inside near the entrance to the Wolves enclosure. Memories from the days multiple fights keep trying to surface and drag me under into a dark stupors but I repress them ruthlessly. I will deal with them when this is over.
Yana Whitlock
 player, 100 posts
 Apprantice Locksmith
 AC 14 HP 15/15
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 00:30
1 - Adventure begins
Yana looked around.
'We should press on. There's a bit more to explore here, i presume?"

OOC  : 19:30, Today: Yana Whitlock rolled 17 using 1d20.  Perception

Malice Baenrret
 Lurker, 28 posts
 Half-Drow Paladin of Torm
 AC [15] HP [21/22] THP: 8
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 00:42
Re: 1 - Adventure begins.
Picking up the gear that was previously taken from her, dropping the weapons taken from the goblins amongst those in the stockpile, Malice turns to Yana. "We haven't located Gundren at this time, it would make sense there would be another cavern we have not explored yet where he is being held. Are there any doorways we have seen but haven't gone through yet?"
Allura Whitlock
 player, 160 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 00:45
1 - Adventure begins
Looks at all the things, "Can we even sell this stuff ?" Looks at Goblin weaponry and then at the oddly marked caravan goods.

"We going to try to get a reward for returning this ?"

She then walks over and looks at the wolves, "Anyone good at, well making clothing or saving the skins of such creatures ? I would like one to be honest."
Yana Whitlock
 player, 101 posts
 Apprantice Locksmith
 AC 14 HP 15/15
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:01
1 - Adventure begins
Yana shrugged to her sister
"We might get a reward for returning those trade goods.  If we tried to sell them on our own,  we'd almost certainly get caught,  and be blacklisted in town."
She spoke with the authority of someone who might have experienced that exact problem
Solgran Farnzythe
 player, 79 posts
 Human Barbarian
 AC 16 HP 11+7/23 Raging
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:24
1 - Adventure begins
Solgran pointed out the pair of potions to Amalia, "Any idea what those might be? I'm afraid my experience with potions and chemicals is rather lacking."

Then he replied to Allura, "I can handle taking the pelts if you wish to have them. Leatherworking is not a skill I possess, I'm afraid."


I have Survival +3 for the pelts, if no one has better.

This message was last edited by the player at 01:26, Thu 02 Sept.

Allura Whitlock
 player, 161 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:33
1 - Adventure begins
"Thank you Solgran, it would be at least something for this venture, that I would appreciate."

Then she looked to her sister, "You would know better then I about that, so I will trust you in that matter. Let's hope for a reward then."
Ao
 GM, 100 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:37
1 - Adventure begins
As the group searches the room, the goblins chatter amongst themselves, Sildar glaring at them, but Yeemik looks at Solgren. “We did as you asked…,you keep word. Goblins free to go?”
Solgran Farnzythe
 player, 80 posts
 Human Barbarian
 AC 16 HP 11+7/23 Raging
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:44
1 - Adventure begins
Solgran nodded his head in reply to Yeemik, "Yes, you are free to go. The wolves down below; we would see them returned to the wild, not chained as they are. Do you know the commands that will let me get near and release them safely?"
Allura Whitlock
 player, 162 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:00
1 - Adventure begins
"I will go with you just in case a double cross is in the works."

"Before we do though where did they take Gundren, where is this Black Spider ? Your most likely going to be joining him and so we will be killing you later if you do. Tell us Yeemek where did they take the dwarf."
Ao
 GM, 101 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:46
1 - Adventure begins
Yeemik shook his head as solgren released the bonds, the other goblins made haste leaving, but Yeemik remained back. “Wolves wild. Caught to be trained. No commands.” He rubbed his wrist and turned to leave, the. Turned again to the group. “You kept word…free Yeemik and friends. Know that Klarg was boss here, but had another boss. King krol at place called cragmaw. Yeemik not know where it is, but knows that Klarg answered to King Krol and the spider.”

Yeemik turned and walked out.

OOC: anyone who follows, the goblins are true to their word and leave the area, striking west and north
Amalia Firnam
 player, 92 posts
 Human
 Twilight Cleric of Selune
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:50
1 - Adventure begins.
Amalia looked dubiously at the crates, then turned to Yana.

I agree that these should be returned, they were probably stolen. But there is too much for us to carry, we'll need carts and pack animals. The cart we have left, if it's still there, would not be enough for all this.

Malice is right though, there's no signs of Gundren, and we killed the one that was supposed to know where he is. Sildar, would you have heard where Klarg sent our friend?


Taking the potions after Solgran's question, she did like her mother taught her and tasted one small drop of the liquid, trying to determine what it was. The sweet taste was unmistakable and she smiled.

This will help when someone is injured. Solgran and Allura, you are going in front, you should take one each.


Allura made a comment about the wolves pelts and the cleric moved towards the carcasses, squatting beside the one she had killed.

My father taught me how to skin an animal, but it's been a while, I can't guarantee the results. And do we have the time? It will take a while to do. 

Today: Amalia Firnam rolled 22 using 2d20+5, dropping the lowest dice only.  Amalia survival, assuming advantage with Solgran's help.
Ao
 GM, 102 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:54
1 - Adventure begins.
Amalia begins skinning the large wolf pelts. The surprising furry pelts came away easily in the lean wolves, and within no time, Amalia had two full sized wolf pelts
Allura Whitlock
 player, 163 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:58
1 - Adventure begins.
Takes the offered potion when she returns.

"Thank you. Uhmn what are they ?" She stores it on her person.

"Looks like your father taught you pretty well, those look pretty good to me Amalia."
Solgran Farnzythe
 player, 81 posts
 Human Barbarian
 AC 16 HP 11+7/23 Raging
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 03:14
1 - Adventure begins.
"If we have a group holding torches on this side of the wolf den, I think I might be able to go in and remove their collars to allow them to escape. Seeing the torches should be enough to drive them out the door rather than coming after all of you. As Yeemik said, they're still wild, not yet trained to follow commands, so they will care more about staying alive than fighting people with fire."
Allura Whitlock
 player, 164 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 03:23
1 - Adventure begins.
Lights a torch in the fire here.

"Alright, I'll join you. Malice, Amalia ? Where the most armored you want to join me ?"
Snoric
 player, 70 posts
 Rock Gnome Artificer 2
 AC 14 HP 15/17
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 08:01
1 - Adventure begins.
While people discussed wolves and engaged in potion tasting parties, Snoric got down to work.  Rounding up what help he could he began moving all the cargo they planned to take with them to the cave entrance.  He rounded up the help of anyone who was available to assist.
Yana Whitlock
 player, 103 posts
 Apprantice Locksmith
 AC 14 HP 15/15
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 08:27
1 - Adventure begins.
Yana looked around,  seemingly slightly annoyed

"Are we sure there's no more of this cave to explore?" 

OOC: 03:24, Today: Yana Whitlock rolled 18 using 1d20.  Perception

Amalia Firnam
 player, 94 posts
 Human
 Twilight Cleric of Selune
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 10:28
1 - Adventure begins.
Covered in blood, Amalia started casting a spell multiple times to clean herself up, while listening to the planners.

I agree, let's go free those poor beasts. I will help you.  We don't have more more horse meat but will wolves eat wolf flesh? There's plenty of that now.

She scrounged for a bag  in the loot and put the wolf pelts in it, making a note to have them cured in town before they could use them. Picking up a branch from the fire, the bright light stinging her eyes, she followed Solgran to the wolves, carrying some of the wolf meat.
Snoric
 player, 73 posts
 Rock Gnome Artificer 2
 AC 14 HP 15/17
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 21:32
1 - Adventure begins.
Snoric looked up from his work to regard Yana.  "Seems that way.  At least those ones seem to think so."  He gestured at the others.  "We seem to have gone in a big circle.  Still I don't really get consulted on such things it seems."  He sighed and went back to sorting cargo boxes.
Solgran Farnzythe
 player, 84 posts
 Human Barbarian
 AC 16 HP 11+7/23 Raging
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 22:58
1 - Adventure begins.
Solgran looked at Yana as she asked her question, then glanced around the cavern, "We've got some time while I work on getting the wolves free. If you want to search for further nooks and crannies, now is a good time to do so. Getting all of the goods loaded will take quite a while either way."

Solgran and Amalia set off after the wolves, meat of the slain wolves in-hand to feed them and calm their emotions before he approached and went to setting them free.


Taking care of the wolves.
17:56, Today: Secret Roll: Solgran Farnzythe rolled 21 using 2d20+3, dropping the lowest dice only.  Survival.

Allura Whitlock
 player, 165 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 22:59
1 - Adventure begins.
Helps out with a torch with the free the wolves initiative.
Malice Baenrret
 Lurker, 29 posts
 Half-Drow Paladin of Torm
 AC [15] HP [21/22] THP: 8
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 02:12
Re: 1 - Adventure begins.
Malice nods in agreement to Allura. Grabbing an unlit torch from her pack, she steps up to the fire and sticks the end into the flames. Following along behind Solgren, Allura, and Amalia a thought came to Malice, "Might this cragmaw be on a map somewhere? There are a lot of items in the other room."
Allura Whitlock
 player, 166 posts
 Tiefling Hexblade 2
 HP: 15 AC:16/18 TempHP:5
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 02:17
Re: 1 - Adventure begins.
"I'll search with you when were done, or maybe that trading company knows."
Malice Baenrret
 Lurker, 30 posts
 Half-Drow Paladin of Torm
 AC [15] HP [21/22] THP: 8
Fri 3 Sep 2021
at 06:09
1 - Adventure begins
"It wouldn't hurt to ask if we don't find anything." Malice nodded in agreement.