DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD.   Posted by The GM.Group: 0
The GM
 GM, 16 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 15:02
DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan and Kriskr have been hired by the coastal (human) village of Hanging Tree to clear out threats at a derelict ship graveyard.

"There's a bad section of reefs or rocks or whatever where ships run aground," the mayor explains, "and the currents keep them there. Lately, though, captains passing the problem area have seen a couple of things moving around that shouldn't be... a zombie, or maybe it was a skeleton... a water elemental... some sort of seaweed thing crawling around... You know how it is-- anyplace that people don't go to often that offers protection from sunlight, eventually monsters'll start moving in and getting comfortable... that keeps happening, eventually you start getting something really bad. So we're willing to pay you out of the city treasury to go clear things out. We'll have a ship nearby with rowboats..."

And so it is that Evan and Kriskr come in sight of Harkaway's Folly (named after Abraham Harkaway, the first captain to run aground on the rocks), a collection of 10 large ships all huddled together like they're having a secret meeting...

And taking a rowboat over to one that the captain of the Alert, the ship that takes them to Harkaway's Folly, points out as the safest one to enter/exit the Folly, the Aurora.

(Evan and Kriskr row their rowboat to the Aurora. Roll Move Forward to climb on board...)
Evan
 player, 8 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 15:40
DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD

09:40, Today: Evan rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Move Forward (Add a D6 if Kriskr helps).
The GM
 GM, 19 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 20:25
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan:
09:40, Today: Evan rolled 1 using 1d6 with rolls of 1.  Move Forward (Add a D6 if Kriskr helps).


(15:21, Today: The GM, on behalf of Kriskr, rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.

GM chooses: You find a clue here about something nearby. Take +1 die roll toward your next Move Forward or Cunning Ploy roll.)


Nothing is moving on the deck of the ship except what is moved by the strong ocean breeze.

There is seaweed on the deck, though.

Wet seaweed.

It leads from the poop deck down to a door that leads below... and yes, there's wet seaweed at the top of the stairs...
Evan
 player, 9 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 20:38
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Moves carefully so as not to slip and climbs up looking to tie the rowboat to a secure place.
The GM
 GM, 20 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 21:25
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan:
Moves carefully so as not to slip and climbs up looking to tie the rowboat to a secure place.


Evan ties the rowboat up firmly, managing not to slip on anything.

The ship that brought Evan and Kriskr this far, the Alert, is easily visible from this spot, waiting. They will watch to make sure that nothing interferes with the rowboat. Even if anything did, they would-- if need be-- send another once they see the adventurers return.
Evan
 player, 10 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 21:30
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan looks at Kriskr a little nervously then back at the ship.

He calls upon his pact to make a tiny lightning arc to create light for them to see once they go below decks. Getting his scimitar ready.

"I guess town is worried about whatever is on here reaching shore."
Kriskr
 player, 3 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 22:01
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Kriskr is holding her sickle, though it's not clear when she drew it. She nods, mandibles clicking, and gestures with one hand, a sort of sweeping gesture that encompasses the whole of the ship graveyard. And who could blame them? it seems to say.

As she moves, she tries to spot a good place to lay an ambush....and there it is. An alcove off the hallway, tucked behind a fallen piece of wreckage. She moves towards it, clearly planning to hide, have Evan bait the monsters forward, and then leap upon them from behind with a sickle to the throat-equivalent. It's a common strategy, but no less effective for it.

OOC: Move is a Cunning Ploy, rolled a 6.
The GM
 GM, 21 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 23:15
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Kriskr:
Kriskr is holding her sickle, though it's not clear when she drew it. She nods, mandibles clicking, and gestures with one hand, a sort of sweeping gesture that encompasses the whole of the ship graveyard. And who could blame them? it seems to say.

As she moves, she tries to spot a good place to lay an ambush....and there it is. An alcove off the hallway, tucked behind a fallen piece of wreckage. She moves towards it, clearly planning to hide, have Evan bait the monsters forward, and then leap upon them from behind with a sickle to the throat-equivalent. It's a common strategy, but no less effective for it.

OOC: Move is a Cunning Ploy, rolled a 6.


(Hmmmm... Someone roll Move Forward, please... BUT the party has 2 Hold that can each be used for extra dice (max of 3 per roll).)
Evan
 player, 11 posts
Wed 11 Aug 2021
at 23:19
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD

17:19, Today: Evan rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Move Forward.

The GM
 GM, 25 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 15:18
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan:

17:19, Today: Evan rolled 4 using 1d6 with rolls of 4.  Move Forward.


--On a 4 or 5, the GM chooses one thing from the following list:

* There is a person, some persons, a monster, or some monsters here! On a 4 or 5, they spot you first.


The ambush is prepared... Then the party carefully checks the area ahead...

--Suddenly, a mass of seaweed attacks from the darkness anyway! It's Crawling Seaweed!

This species of carnivorous plant can, as long as it stays wet with seawater a couple of times a day, move around in dry places to find and strangle prey.

(Roll for Get Violent! and yes, you can still use one of your Holds...)
Evan
 player, 13 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 15:30
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan calls upon dry winds to swirl around his scimitar as he lays into the seaweed horror.

"Ahhhhh this thing is trying to strange me."

Chop chop


09:30, Today: Evan rolled 6,4 using 1d6,1d6 with rolls of 6,4.  Get Violent and since he is good at forceful .
YAY !!!

The GM
 GM, 26 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 15:48
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Evan:
Evan calls upon dry winds to swirl around his scimitar as he lays into the seaweed horror.

"Ahhhhh this thing is trying to strange me."

Chop chop


09:30, Today: Evan rolled 6,4 using 1d6,1d6 with rolls of 6,4.  Get Violent and since he is good at forceful .
YAY !!!


Evan makes quick work of the Crawling Seaweed. Soon the pieces just lie there on the flooring and don't move no more. Looks like it's done.

(Feel free to attempt to Loot The Room, or just Move Forward again! You can save those Holds until you rest, or use them for any rolls that you want before you rest... I think, though, that I'm gonna say that there is a maximum of 2 Holds from Cunning Ploy that can be held...)
Kriskr
 player, 5 posts
Fri 13 Aug 2021
at 17:33
Re: DUNGEON 1: THE DERELICT SHIP GRAVEYARD
Kriskr nods, moving forward and examining the room. This seems like a place that could plausibly hold something of value, left behind when the sailors left.

OOC: Loot the room, using 1 Hold. 3d6, best result 4.