A stormy night.   Posted by Storyteller.Group: 0
Storyteller
 GM, 55 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 04:58
Re: A stormy night
Killian misses and the biker turns towards him and cackles maniacally.
Daniel's first attack hits the biker sending him to the floor. Rover misses all of his attacks.

The Fed points a small pistol at the flame tossing biker and it lets out a high pitched screech.
The biker doubles over like he's been hit by a two by four and bursts into flame.
Daniel
 player, 52 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 15:42
Re: A stormy night
Daniel and Rover double team the tailed biker, but all they manage to do is distract it.

OOC:
08:41, Today: Daniel rolled 8,4 using 1d20+4,1d4.  Daniel CMA lethal.
08:40, Today: Daniel rolled 10,8 using 1d20+5,1d8+4.  Rover Bite.

Killian Shadowkin
 player, 48 posts
Wed 1 Sep 2021
at 17:37
Re: A stormy night

 When his first blow skims past the forehead of the patently skilled biker without making solid contact, Killian growls a rough "Laugh it up, chuc...", only to break off mid-sentence in favour of a startled yipe when the man out and it catches fire.

 Since beating up a man on fire is the story of thing only a Scotsman would do, he therefore turns on the other man, and attempts to drive a boot up between his legs as he fends off Scrappy and Rover.

 ---

 13:33, Today: Killian Shadowkin rolled 19,11 using 1d20+11,1d8+6.  Punching the other one.
 +2 for flanking, I think.

This message was last edited by the player at 00:58, Thu 02 Sept.

Storyteller
 GM, 56 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 00:44
Re: A stormy night
Killian manages to connect with the now revealed to be rather a freaky biker and it crumpled to the ground.

The Fed rushed over and slapped on a pair of cuffs on the biker.

"You have the right to stay silent. You have the right to a lawyer, if you can't afford one it will be provided."

He kneels next to the fallen officer, and withdraws a radio.
"I need a Class 6 Bus and a Class 7 cruiser to the Golden Safari ASAP." he straightens and draws out Sunglasses.

"Mr. Daniels, my next action depends on your decision to help us or not." Agent McGee says hand in his overcoat.
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 49 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:00
Re: A stormy night

 Killian meanwhile grabs the fire extinguisher (Remember that? He had it by the door) and hastens over to the first yahoo, hosing him down with rapid blasts of cold, expanding fire-retardant foam as he announces cheerfully "You know we've all seen Men in Black, right? So I'm absolutely prepared to close my eyes and swing this extinguisher wildly.", adrenaline still running through him in a torrent after this outbreak of lunacy.
Daniel
 player, 53 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 01:14
Re: A stormy night
Storyteller:
"Mr. Daniels, my next action depends on your decision to help us or not." Agent McGee says hand in his overcoat.


Dan smiles. "The dog still hasn't bitten anything. His next action depends on your next action. That being said, I'm for hire, and have worked for more than one federal agency. All you have to do is actually ASK, rather than acting like one of the...let's call them illegal aliens... that keep trying to intimidate me into following their demands. Well, ask and pay me, of course. You know: hire me."

This message was last edited by the player at 01:14, Thu 02 Sept.

Agent McGee
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:06
Re: A stormy night
"I'm prepared to offer a G-3 salary plus performance bonuses. I also am allowed to offer citizenship for certain support individuals in your organization."
Daniel
 player, 54 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:22
Re: A stormy night
In reply to Agent McGee (msg # 153):

Daniel shakes his head, "G-5, if you're going civil servant rates. Full reinstatement with full insurance coverage for Rover. Or you pay full civilian rates, including an expense account about double a federal per diem. I have overhead."
Agent McGee
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:36
Re: A stormy night
"I'll have to work on that but the full insurance is a given. Now we need to compensate your companions and get a full scale operation up and running."
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 50 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 02:49
Re: A stormy night

 "You ever feel ignored and unappreciated?" Killian asks the mutated biker he's just finished extinguishing, checking to make sure that he's completely extinguished and then 'delicately' smacking him upside the head to make sure he's knocked out before handing him over to the WPC for arrest and processing.

 With that, he shoulders the extinguisher and nods to both gentlemen with a rumble of "Scrappy, Mulder." before he heads back inside, whistling.
Agent McGee
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 04:00
Re: A stormy night
"Mr. Killian, I believe we can work out generous terms. After all, the government might be able to find a use for you in a certain Bureau. If Mr. Daniels agrees then we can have you in a different area." the Agent said as the modified ambulance and cruiser pulled up.
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 51 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 05:05
Re: A stormy night

 "I've got a job, Mulder... And a girlfriend, who you, Starsky and Hutch just threatened to drag off in chains, which - in case you're a little slow - means that you can kiss my lily-white ass with your 'suddenly playing nice' bullshit." Killian announces gruffly as he heads back inside, putting the fire extinguisher to one side to be recharged when the guy comes around again and picking up a fresh one to replace it with (then signing the incident book).
Daniel
 player, 55 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 14:59
Re: A stormy night
Daniel clears is throat, "Scales, he just offered you a Green Card and a legitimate Social. The flip side of that is... well, that depends on the administration, but usually not great."
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 52 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 23:15
Re: A stormy night

 "No, he just used my friend as a cheap poker chip, tried to throw his weight around like his doesn't stink, started shooting on sight fuck the guy in front of the bikers... I don't know exactly who trained this asshole, but do you really think they're any smarter or more considerate than him?" Killian answers gruffly, before throwing in as he heads inside, "Besides, I just got a promotion and I'm going to be working extra shifts the next few weeks."
Daniel
 player, 56 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 23:18
Re: A stormy night
In reply to Killian Shadowkin (msg # 160):

Daniel shakes his head, "No, I think they work for the government and can get away with whatever they want, as long as the press can't prove it. As you said, the down side of saying 'no' affects your girl friend. So quit saying 'no'."
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 53 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 23:44
Re: A stormy night

 "Way I see it, this asshole is going to asshole. All I can do is make the paperwork more trouble than me." Killian answers with a shrug, "Well, that or have him realise that he's just fucked up more or less everything he came here to do because his approach sucks harder than a trailer-trash teen."
Daniel
 player, 57 posts
Thu 2 Sep 2021
at 23:59
Re: A stormy night
In reply to Killian Shadowkin (msg # 162):

Daniel clears his throat, "You watch the news much? You see how they treat locals coming into the country without papers? Now think hw they treat someone that doesn't actually exist? I don't think paperwork comes into it. You folks will just disappear."
Agent McGee
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 05:02
Re: A stormy night
"I was extra lucky with my superiors Mr. Daniels, I got a G5 salary, an expense account, a nearby compound for "tourists" and compensation for your staff."
This time the agent was alone, with no officers in sight.
Killian Shadowkin
 player, 54 posts
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 06:01
Re: A stormy night

 Having been less than impressed with Mulder - shockingly - Killian just offers Daniel a nod of the head before ducking inside as the other man arrives back from his negotiations, with every intention of reassuring those inside that the gunfire and screaming was nothing to worry about...

 ...and to collect the sand bucket, spackle tube and spray-paint needed to cover up any bullet holes in the outside of the bar. Because y'know, customers get weird about that sort of thing.
Ilyas Keal
 player, 10 posts
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 13:07
Re: A stormy night
In reply to Lorvan Stormcaller (msg # 143):

"Well Lorvan welcome to a new world. It does take some getting use to. Especially the way these civilized humans go about doing things. It can really be an experience in frustration." He could hear all the commotion from outside but chose to ignore it. He didn't need the authorities causing him any more trouble.

"If you don't mind some advice. I may be able to help shed some light on things here."
Lorvan Stormcaller
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 13:30
Re: A stormy night
"Don't mind, been tryin' to get my bearings." Lorvan says leaning in his amulet clinking on the table.
Ilyas Keal
 player, 11 posts
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 14:34
Re: A stormy night
"Number one you will probably want to change your name a bit. Lorvan is good but Stormcaller might need a little bit of changing to fit in.  Maybe just drop the call off the end. Lorvan Storm has a pretty good ring to it."

Thinking about the last few years and his own troubles getting use to this culture he continued. "Most humans will not even pay you any attention. So at first get a job that pays in cash." He took out his wallet and showed Lorvan what he was talking about with the paper bills the humans used. "At least until we can arrange a permanent identity and the required papers. Then if you want you could try for more permanent work with all the taxes and so on."

"Oh and if you have any gold or silver coins with you don't try paying with those. It will cause you a lot of trouble trying to explain, best to find someone to sell them to for their value in cash." He paused to give Lorvan or Annalee a chance to ask any questions and to take a sip of his drink.
Daniel
 player, 58 posts
Tue 7 Sep 2021
at 16:20
Re: A stormy night
Agent McGee:
"I was extra lucky with my superiors Mr. Daniels, I got a G5 salary, an expense account, a nearby compound for "tourists" and compensation for your staff."
This time the agent was alone, with no officers in sight.


Danie looks at the Agent, "So, when do I get my Ray-bans and flashy thing?"
Agent McGee
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 04:09
Re: A stormy night
The Agent laughs.
"The neuralizers are on backorder, so are the Raybans."
He then smirks.
"Although Q is coming up with some toys, James."
Daniel
 player, 59 posts
Wed 8 Sep 2021
at 04:38
Re: A stormy night
In reply to Agent McGee (msg # 170):

Daniel quirks an eyebrow in his best 'vulcan' way, "Don't you mean Agent McQ, Agent McG? Let's keep the movie references American. Good practice for an ICE cover story." He directs his next comment at Rover, "God ICE is or best cover story..."