RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Tales from The Seven Cities

21:25, 26th February 2024 (GMT+0)

The beginning - The village elder has a problem.

Posted by Game MasterFor group 0
Lady Magister
player, 58 posts
Silver Folk
Tue 8 Feb 2022
at 03:49
  • msg #225

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Lady Magister is surprised by the arrows that are sticking out of her body, as she was trying to calm the outcome of the Elf's life.  The new target of her anger is none other than the one causing her some sever pain.  If only she was able to heal herself.

Lightning Fork being cast at the Gnoll.

Attack: 5 vs. PD
22:47, Today: Lady Magister rolled 19 using 1d20+5.
22:48, Today: Lady Magister rolled 17 using 3d6+5.  Damage.

Doherti
player, 69 posts
Tue 8 Feb 2022
at 18:46
  • msg #226

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Seeing some of the thugs starting to change their mind about the fight, Doherti takes a defensive stance and holds up his empty hand to his opponents. "We're not after you, we're after something controlling people. Maybe controlling you. Let us past." He's ready to swing his weapon, if his opponents don't let up.


Doherti will take a defensive stance, even if that means giving up his action. He'd like to move through to the gnoll if his opponents let him.
Game Master
GM, 102 posts
Wed 9 Feb 2022
at 18:20
  • msg #227

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

The Gnoll sees Marthohtar coming and snaps a Quick Shot against the elf. The long arrow sinks deep into Marthohtar's upper leg. [A crit; 16 damage to the Wood Elf. Ouch.]

Logresia comes at the Gnoll as well and it is not happy about the situation. It desperately tries to disengage towards the magic circle but is unable to do so. So it drops its bow and grabs a pair of nasty looking hand axes from its belt. "Let me passsh, you hairrrlesssh apesssh! Zaathhh will make you kneel and then I'll have my waysssh with you..." It's rambling cuts into a pained howl when Lady Magister's spell torments its flesh.

Mangron stands there, alert but not continuing to fight "Aye! My mind has been quite foggy past few days. Like a bad dream. I would pay a fortune for a pint of cold ale." The dwarf strokes his forehead as if he's suffering from headache.

The human thug who a moment ago shouted betrayl, suddenly ceases from fighting, drops his weapon and sinks on the floor to sit. "Be my quest then, half-elf. Try your luck with Khur if you wish. I'm tired and I'm tired of fighting most of all . What am I even doing here? I have a family."

+++

ROUND 4 Player's Turn. Escalation +3.
- The gnoll is the only foe that continues fighting. The others apparently weren't very eager to fight to begin with.
- Doherti's stunt will become possible when Escalation is 5, if we get that far.

The enemy:
A - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:14/27 - Human, Passive
B - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:27/27 - Human, Passive
C - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:10/27 - Elf, Staggered, Passive
D - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:12/27 - Dwarf, Staggered, Passive
E - Gnoll AC:18 PD:17 MD:14 HP:21/46 - Engaged w/ Marthohtar & Logresia, Staggered

Logresia Skrieven
player, 72 posts
AC15 PD13 MD13 Init+4
HP27/27 R8 d8+2
Wed 9 Feb 2022
at 18:27
  • msg #228

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Logresia tries again to smash the mace at the gnoll in order to cause as much damage as she can.  This time she doesn't miss.

18:25, Today: Logresia Skrieven rolled 18 using 1d20+7.  Mace attack versus the Gnoll.
18:25, Today: Logresia Skrieven rolled 6 using 1d6+3.  Damage the gnoll.

Thorgrim Stonefriend
player, 31 posts
Dwarf
Paladin
Thu 10 Feb 2022
at 09:16
  • msg #229

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

"Aha! No one left to hide behind, you bastard! SMIIIIIITE EEEEEEEEEVILLLL!!!!"

Thorgrim runs at the Gnoll, swinging his axe around in an arc that trail radiant white light, the force of the half-parried blow sending the creature staggering.

10:13, Today: Thorgrim Stonefriend rolled 22 using 1d20+6.  Smite Evil.

10:13, Today: Thorgrim Stonefriend rolled 4 using 1d8+2.  Damage.

10:14, Today: Thorgrim Stonefriend rolled 8 using 1d12.  Damage.

Aha! About time it worked. :D

Marthohtar Oakheart
player, 26 posts
Fri 11 Feb 2022
at 08:08
  • msg #230

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Marthohtar speaks again in the ancient language, causing his wounds to close a bit, then swings his blade at the gnoll, but the strike goes wide.




00:06, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 7 using 1d8.  roll for extra action.

00:06, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  Attack.

00:05, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 7 using 1d8+3.  Recovery Roll.

Doherti
player, 70 posts
Sun 13 Feb 2022
at 05:55
  • msg #231

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

His allies appear to have the situation in hand. Doherti stands between them and the other people they had been fighting, making sure they both stay safe and don't rejoin the fight on the gnoll's side.
Lady Magister
player, 60 posts
Silver Folk
Sun 13 Feb 2022
at 12:52
  • msg #232

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Lady Magister is carefully taking out the arrows that has pierced her delicate skin.  Once they were taken out her wounds begin to heal.
Game Master
GM, 103 posts
Mon 14 Feb 2022
at 14:37
  • msg #233

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Literally cornered and staggering the gnoll growls and howls in desperation. It swings wildly with its two handaxes. Second of its strikes manages to find its way past Logresia's guard leaving a vicious slash across the bard's side.

Game Master, for the NPC Gnoll, rolled 26 using 1d20+6.  attack vs Logresia. A Crit; 12 total damage.
Game Master, for the NPC Gnoll, rolled 9 using 1d20+6.  atk vs Thorgrim. A miss.


The thugs remain passive, almost mentally exhausted, while they wait for the outcome of the fight.

+++

ROUND 5 Player's Turn. Escalation +4
- Doherti's stunt will become possible next round when Escalation is 5, if it is needed.

A - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:14/27 - Human, Passive
B - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:27/27 - Human, Passive
C - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:10/27 - Elf, Staggered, Passive
D - Thug AC:17 PD:14 MD:12 HP:12/27 - Dwarf, Staggered, Passive
E - Gnoll AC:18 PD:17 MD:14 HP:2/46 - Engaged w/ Marthohtar, Logresia & Thorgrim, Staggered

Lady Magister
player, 61 posts
Silver Folk
Mon 14 Feb 2022
at 16:55
  • msg #234

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Lady Magister walks up to the Elf "What is your name?  I will make sure you are returned back to our lands or wherever you wish to go. her voice is soft and gentle to the ears of the Elf.
Thorgrim Stonefriend
player, 32 posts
Dwarf
Paladin
Tue 15 Feb 2022
at 06:51
  • msg #235

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Thorgrim tries to strike an impressive finishing blow, but to his annoyance the Gnoll manages to parry the attack through what seems like sheer desperation.

07:50, Today: Thorgrim Stonefriend rolled 15 using 1d20+7.  Attack.
Marthohtar Oakheart
player, 27 posts
Tue 15 Feb 2022
at 08:47
  • msg #236

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Marthohtar swings again, desperate to finish the beast off, and his blade strikes true.


00:45, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 18 using 1d20+6.  Attack.

00:45, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 12 using 1d8+5.  Damage.

00:45, Today: Marthohtar Oakheart rolled 6 using 1d8.  roll for extra action.

Logresia Skrieven
player, 73 posts
AC15 PD13 MD13 Init+4
HP27/27 R8 d8+2
Tue 15 Feb 2022
at 18:01
  • msg #237

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Logresia allowed herself to recover most of the damage from the gnoll's latest blow, but her blow in return was less than effective.

17:58, Today: Logresia Skrieven rolled 10 using 1d8+2.  recovery two.
17:59, Today: Logresia Skrieven rolled 12 using 1d20+8.  Attack the gnoll.

Yalathanil
NPC, 1 post
Tue 15 Feb 2022
at 19:27
  • msg #238

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

In reply to Lady Magister (msg # 234):

The elf lifts his gaze from the floor and looks proudly at you. Under the dirt and grime he is stunningly handsome, even by Elven standards.

"I'm Yalathanil of House Chaeralei, My Lady."

Lady; as part of your education during your time in the Elven Court, you've have had to learn lineages and families of the Elven people - at least the important ones. House Chaeralei rings a bell, it is indeed familiar to you. It's one of the larger important Houses of the High Elves, noted for their outgoing and adventurous nature. Many diplomats and emissaries in the Empire come from this House.

"Again, please accept my apologies for not recognizing you. I'm but a simple mercenary and while it's been a long time since I've seen the Queens Wood, I'm not in need to return anywhere but into open air and sunlight. I never submitted to the spell of the She-Demon. I played along and was looking for a chance to escape. With you people arriving has brought that chance to me... to us." Yalathanil nods towards Mangron and the two humans.

"If you can spare us a torch, I can lead these three outside, or I can stay by your side and fight these oppressors, though I don't have my war gear on me. What is your wish, My Lady?"

Game Master
GM, 104 posts
Tue 15 Feb 2022
at 19:34
  • msg #239

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Marthohtar finishes the gnoll and after combat, growling and howling the chamber falls nearly quiet. Only faint humming of the magic circle can be heard. The two humans appear shell-shocked and Mangron Mountainbane like he's experiencing the hangover of his lifetime.

+++

The combat has ended and we're back in exploration mode. You can use recovery dice if you have them.

What do you want to do?

Thorgrim Stonefriend
player, 33 posts
Dwarf
Paladin
Wed 16 Feb 2022
at 07:35
  • msg #240

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Thorgrim produces a leather bottle of eye-wateringly strong ale from his pack and takes a deep gulp of it. Feeling much refreshed, he companionably offers Mangron a swig.

08:32, Today: Thorgrim Stonefriend rolled 12 using 2d10+3, dropping the lowest dice only.  Recovery.
Mangron Mountainbane
NPC, 2 posts
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 17:49
  • msg #241

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Mangron drinks deep before returning the bottle, some ale foaming down of his beard. "Thank you, brother. It hasn't been that bad down here, but one thing we've been lacking is decent beverages! The management has been rather strict on rationing. Are you sure you don't remember me, Thorgrim? I went on few patrols with you before you...were exiled."

The dwarf shakes his head and rugs his eyes and addresses all of you: "Sorry to cause you all this trouble! I wasn't quite myself! And to add to my shame I've seem to have misplaced my axe, shield and my mail as well! Damned scavenging gnolls!" He throws an angry glance at the now dead gnoll.
Lady Magister
player, 62 posts
Silver Folk
Thu 17 Feb 2022
at 23:04
  • msg #242

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Lady Magister looked to Yalathanil with a warming smile. "It is good to that your able to fool them, but it might be best for you to continue on your own mission.  We need to help save the people of this town. she looked for someone to give up a torch.

"Yalathanil please lead those that wish to leave out of here.  This is no place for them.
Thorgrim Stonefriend
player, 34 posts
Dwarf
Paladin
Fri 18 Feb 2022
at 09:34
  • msg #243

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

"'Course I remember you!" says Thorgrim, who doesn't, but who also knows that his brain is a bit of an ale-soggy mess and that there's no reason to hurt a fellow's feelings because of it. "Just took me a while to recognise you, is all. Why don't you head back with the others? I'll keep an eye out for your weapons - can't let fine Dwarfen craftmanship gather rust in some surfacer ruin, can we?"
Logresia Skrieven
player, 74 posts
AC15 PD13 MD13 Init+4
HP27/27 R8 d8+2
Fri 18 Feb 2022
at 14:04
  • msg #244

Re: The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Logresia smiled. "Let those who wish to leave, leave and we will continue."
Game Master
GM, 105 posts
Tue 22 Feb 2022
at 20:14
  • msg #245

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Lady Magister:
"Yalathanil please lead those that wish to leave out of here.  This is no place for them."

"As you wish, My Lady." The elf replies with a bow.

Mangron simply nods to Thorgrim and without waiting further heads to the door where you entered to this room. The quiet humans soon follow him and finally after them Yalathanil after igniting a torch. "We shall warn the nearest settlements about the evil spawning here, regardless of your success. I just wish we shall not have to cross blades again. Good luck on your quest."

+++

The party has now a choice to make; possible paths forward are the closed door on the west wall, a narrow corridor towards south and the glowing magic circle with strange handle on the wall.
Doherti
player, 71 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 05:51
  • msg #246

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Doherti has his breath back. "The gnoll appeared to me to be guarding or coming from this corridor," he say. "I recommend we go that way first."
Marthohtar Oakheart
player, 28 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 07:03
  • msg #247

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Marthohtar nods.  "It's as good a way as any, let's go."
Thorgrim Stonefriend
player, 35 posts
Dwarf
Paladin
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 08:25
  • msg #248

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

Thorgrim hefts his axe on his armoured shoulder.

"Let's be at it!"
Logresia Skrieven
player, 75 posts
AC15 PD13 MD13 Init+4
HP27/27 R8 d8+2
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 11:18
  • msg #249

The beginning - The village elder has a problem

"Very well", said Logresia.  "Let us go."
Sign In