Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House.   Posted by Alcuin.Group: 0
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 126 posts
Fri 25 Mar 2022
at 21:31
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Ann sat and applied a little makeup.

"So where did you hear those names? Are they in Cambridge?"

Ready at last, she found a handbag, added a stake that she'd hidden under her mattress, then opened her door.

"Come on, there's a phone on the corner. We'll call Miss Casey from there."
Inoue Miko
 Vessel of the Kami, 144 posts
 My body, your instrument.
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 07:11
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Remember that powerful spirit I told you about, who told me about the Iron Wall? She also mentioned Joe and Pressman at about the same time."
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 129 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 19:13
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"OK, so let's keep an eye out for those geezers."

She led the way downstairs and out of the house to a payphone. There she put in ten pence, ready to dial Alice's numbers, both at home and at work, hoping to catch her somewhere.
Alice Casey
 Trainee Watcher, 57 posts
 Pretty Irish Lass
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 22:02
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
It took many rings before Alice picked up at her College appartment number.

Hello?  This is Alice, thanks for waiting.”
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 130 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 22:29
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Hi Miss Casey, it's Ann. Sorry to bother you on a Saturday night. I'm here with Inoue. She's had a vision, and I thought it best to check with you. She has a sketch of a woman who is going to turn into a werewolf for the first time tonight. Also, the moon is apparently going to snatched from the sky and the werewolves will revert to human form."

Even after some of the crazy things she'd seen, it sounded crazy. She bit her lip, wondering if she was wasting Alice's time.

"Does any of that mean anything to you?"
Alice Casey
 Trainee Watcher, 58 posts
 Pretty Irish Lass
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 00:10
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
No, it’s fine Ann… I thought this was ‘your’ night off.”

Alice listened to the details, but decided that a phone call might not be enough to handle it.

Could you get this picture to me?  I’m at Emmanuel College.  I’ve not heard of moon snatching, but it would be worth studying… especially if it helps lycanthropy.  If you take a cab or bus, I’ll reimburse you… and bring Inoue, if she wants to come.”
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 133 posts
Sun 27 Mar 2022
at 16:39
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Yes, I did have plans, but it seems I might have to put them on hold. OK, I'll be round to the college straight away."

After hanging up, she turned to Inoue.

"I'm going to the college to see my Watcher. She'd like it if you came along. If not, can I take that sketch with me to show her?"
Inoue Miko
 Vessel of the Kami, 145 posts
 My body, your instrument.
Mon 28 Mar 2022
at 23:08
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Inoue nods. "I'd love to meet her!"
Alcuin
 GM, 204 posts
 The Director
 The Storyteller
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 10:28
Re: Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House

OOC

Alice Casey:
...If you take a cab or bus, I’ll reimburse you… and bring Inoue, if she wants to come.”


There are no buses between these two points.  Walking is probably easier than taking a cab.  It's probably a ten minute walk at normal people pace

Inoue Miko
 Vessel of the Kami, 146 posts
 My body, your instrument.
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 10:38
Re: Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Inoue is happy to jog at a normal-person pace!
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 134 posts
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 20:00
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Ann jogged at Inoue's pace towards Alice's college. The streets were fairly empty, but as they passed a phone box, Ann called Inoue to a stop and knocked on the window pane.

"Hi Elissa," she shouted to the occupant.

This message was last edited by the player at 20:43, Tue 29 Mar 2022.

Alcuin
 GM, 211 posts
 The Director
 The Storyteller
Tue 29 Mar 2022
at 21:06
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
You all hear the sound of the wolf or wolves howling.  They sound as though they're in the direction of Fenners or possibly the multi storey Car Park that overlooks both Fenners and Parker's Piece.
The Hon. Elissa St. Clair
 Skint Aristocrat, 244 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 09:04
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"I just tried phoning you. I'm calling Alice" Elissa said "I take it you have heard the noises, seen the moon, and come to the same conclusion I have. Have you got any silver on you? Because if not I think we need some. Maybe Alice has a silver paper knife or two?"

It was hard to hold two conversations, but probably needed. "Ann and Inoue are here" she said into the phone, letting Alice know what was happening
Alice Casey
 Trainee Watcher, 59 posts
 Pretty Irish Lass
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 12:57
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
When Alice reached her phone (again) she found Elissa on the other end.

Where is ‘here’ Elissa?  Ann and Inoue were bringing me a picture, to Emmanuel College  You are welcome to tag along, of course…”
The Hon. Elissa St. Clair
 Skint Aristocrat, 246 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 14:39
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"See you in five. Have silver weapons ready" Elissa said, her voice obviously in a hurry as she hung up and joined the other two. She broke into a run with them: she didn't jog it was terrible for your knees, and commented "Alice said you had a picture. Did you catch a glimpse of the werewolf then?"
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 137 posts
Wed 30 Mar 2022
at 21:00
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Inoue has a picture. It's of someone who is going to turn into a werewolf for the first time tonight. But we've not seen any of the hairy ones yet. Why don't we all go to the college, talk to Miss Casey, and figure out what we should do."
Alcuin
 GM, 213 posts
 The Director
 The Storyteller
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 06:52
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Inoue, sorry but was I the only one who could see the name of the young woman in your post about the picture or does Ann know?
Inoue Miko
 Vessel of the Kami, 155 posts
 My body, your instrument.
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 12:38
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
(( Everyone can see it, although no one knows it in-character. Also: I'm not in a great place for writing right now so everyone should go ahead and assume Inoue is cooperating, showing pictures and stuff when relevant, etc. ))
Alcuin
 GM, 214 posts
 The Director
 The Storyteller
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 12:43
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Thank you Inoue and understood.
The Hon. Elissa St. Clair
 Skint Aristocrat, 249 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 14:55
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Can I see the picture" Elissa said while running along with the other two. It would be a bit awkward, but she wanted as much information as possible. She nodded to Ann. They were running to Alice and she was fine with that.
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 138 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 21:19
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"I don't suppose you recognise her, do you Elissa? If not, let's go see Miss Casey."
The Hon. Elissa St. Clair
 Skint Aristocrat, 250 posts
Thu 31 Mar 2022
at 21:43
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"Fuck me" Elissa stopped running looking both stunned and horrified "Rhiannon. Rhiannon Davies. Shit." Elissa had to bite her tongue to stop a long string of worse expletives "Yeah... yeah I know her. Oh Crap. Are you sure?" it was rhetorical she was fairly sure they were sure

"So... you remember asking me was I looking for someone at the Talon. And I said yes..." Elissa tapped the paper "I've... I haven't seen her for a week. I thought... well who cares what I thought"

"We... she's ... she's a person Ann."
another few expletives. "What do we do?" Elissa looked lost, looking between Inoue and Ann to see if they had a clue what could be done

<<< To Night of the Full Moon <<<

This message was last edited by the player at 11:39, Sat 02 Apr 2022.

Alcuin
 GM, 218 posts
 The Director
 The Storyteller
Fri 1 Apr 2022
at 15:09
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
If you continue to Alice's House then please continue in the main Night of the Full Moon thread.
Inoue Miko
 Vessel of the Kami, 156 posts
 My body, your instrument.
Fri 1 Apr 2022
at 18:04
Re: Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
Have you got any silver on you? "No," Inoue admits. "Very expensive." Plus werewolves are not spirits, and therefore outside her usual portfolio. She doesn't even think she has any spells that would be helpful.

Can I see the picture? "Yeah sure." She hands over Rhiannon's picture. It's not quite as good as her sketch of Ann (and it was a good picture, Ann! Gosh!), but she had been in a hurry. It was sufficient for Elissa to identify the person depicted however, which made Inoue frown. She doesn't know what to do, so she just offers Elissa an apologetic half-smile. "Gomen..."
Ann Winters
 Schoolgirl Slayer, 139 posts
Fri 1 Apr 2022
at 22:42
Night of the Full Moon - Ann's House
"So she's not just a monster we can kill. Who is she, Elissa? Where is she likely to be? Though even if we found her, what can we do? We have no way to lock her up, and even if we had a silver bullet, I don't think we could use it."

She looked at the phone box.

"Miss Casey might have some ideas. I can't imagine that the Watchers haven't dealt with this sort of thing before."

<<< To Night of the Full Moon <<<

This message was last edited by the player at 22:45, Fri 01 Apr 2022.