shadows gather.   Posted by storyteller.Group: 0
Kimura Reiko
 player, 42 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Mon 14 Mar 2022
at 13:59
shadows gather
"I'm not a warrior, but I do have some tricks, hehe."

Reiko loosened up in a manner that looked pretty creepy.
storyteller
 GM, 62 posts
Fri 18 Mar 2022
at 15:07
shadows gather
So you pass another seven hours there, behind the barricade. Conversation reveals that Yanagida is a very intelligent woman. She speaks freely about her past: that she was the wife of a soldier who lost his life in WWII.

[OOC: if there are any specific questions you want to ask her, ask them and we can assume they happen before the combat]

Finally, while Kiku is taking her turn watching from atop the street’s imprvosed wall, she sees wraiths armed with spears and the like advance slightly into the intersection. They then move off to either side. A creature at least twelve feet tall starts to scurry across the zebra stripes on the asphalt. You can make out around a couple dozen legs, and just as many arms, along with the tormented faces of what were once human beings.

Given the warning, the both of you are standing, along with Yanagida, atop the barricade, with the horrific creature coming at you at roughly the same level.

[OOC: So roll Init. And state what you’re doing for the round. And go ahead and roll dice for your action, if that’s appropriate.]

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 48 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Fri 18 Mar 2022
at 15:55
shadows gather
10:36, Today: Chiziwa Kiku  with rolls of 8.  Init.

I will have activated blood shintai before hand using 1 jade chi

Makes for 16 Init, If i won i would get to know what it is doing, but i am assuming that it is rushing forward and attacking.  Given that this is 12 feet tall with many arms and legs, i assume that i can not throw this thing...

Spending a yang chi for an extra action which will happen Next round



Kiku doesnt really have any questions right now as her less than successful introduction took the wind from her sails.

Waiting on the street for the creature to close the distance, Kiku plants herself and dashes in to grab a leg and twisting hard.

<orange>
10:53, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 6 successes using 13d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 4,3,6,6,8,3,10,5,5,3, 10,9,4.  joint lock damage.

10:52, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 4 successes using 9d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 1,10,4,7,7,1,6,10,7.  martial arts for joint lock part 1.

This message was last edited by the player at 02:06, Sat 19 Mar 2022.

storyteller
 GM, 64 posts
Sat 19 Mar 2022
at 01:41
shadows gather
[OOC: Kiku, if you are using the Demon Art black wind:

"Moreover, each turn the power is
used, the vampire must roll P'o (difficulty 8); if he fails this roll, he
enters fire soul"]

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 50 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Sat 19 Mar 2022
at 02:06
shadows gather


I am using

Iron Mountain
which has no requirements

Blood Shintai
System: No roll is needed; one Chi point (of either type) must be spent. Either diffusion or concentration reduces soak rolls to difficulty 5. With this power, a vampire may easily slip into narrow crevices or wriggle free of bonds. Getting through very tight spaces (between bars or through a
 small window) might require a Dexterity + Athletics roll (difficulty depends on the situation).


Yang Prana
"System: The vampire spends one or more Yang points. For each Yang point spent, the vampire gains either three extra dice on initiative or one
additional action next turn. The vampire may spend no more Yang points than he has dots in this Discipline."



Though after re-reading this, i get the extra action NEXT turn not this turn... so only the first one happens.

Kimura Reiko
 player, 43 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Sat 19 Mar 2022
at 15:56
shadows gather
Reiko acted a little after Kiku, which was her preferred option anyway.

Brandishing her phone (and staying out of melee range), she lined up the monstrosity and snapped off a shot, applying her 'Curse Filter'.  In truth, she had never unleashed the artifact's Yin curse and this would be an interesting test of its abilities.


OOC  not sure what to roll...  ST can roll for me on this occasion :)  Just let me know the dicepool for next time.
01:48, Today: Kimura Reiko rolled 1 success using 1d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 1 with rolls of 8.  Reiko's init +5.

storyteller
 GM, 66 posts
Sun 20 Mar 2022
at 05:50
shadows gather
Yanagida leaps off the top of the barricade and slices off three of its heads before landing beside the monstrousity.

Kiku approaches and grabs one of the creature’s many legs. She all but twists it off, and the monster shifts to restore its balance.

The thing advances and swipes at both Yanagida and Kiku. Its claws slash at Yanagida and score the left side of her chest. The hands on the other side of its body reach down to rend Kiku.

[OOC: Kiku, soak 6 lethal damage.]

Reiko snaps the curse-filter shot at the horror. Patches of utter darkness rush up from the pavement and begin to swarm around its remaining heads.

[OOC:
rolled 4 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 3 with rolls of 10,7,4,7.

Yin curse is your Cha+Occult difficulty equal to their permanent Willpower. Subtract 1 from difficulty in Yin world, add 1 in Yang world. Variable effect based on successes and situation.]

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 52 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Sun 20 Mar 2022
at 12:54
shadows gather

07:47, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 2 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 4 with rolls of 4,4,1,8.  soak. – [roll=1647780439.16122.363713]

OUCH!


Next round i assume as i dont think it has more than one action?
The dice roller...

07:51, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 1 success using 6d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 8,1,5,2,10,5.  dodge. – [roll=1647780717.20224.363713]

07:51, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 6 successes using 8d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 10,4,7,5,7,7,6,10.  joint damage. – [roll=1647780705.18412.363713]

07:51, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 1 success using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 9,2,6,2,1,5,3.  joint lock again. – [roll=1647780685.59113.363713]


Kiku screams as the hit from the monster crushes her chest.  Undeterred she reaches for another leg and wrentching it out from under the creature.   Jumping back and attempting to dodge its next attack.
Kimura Reiko
 player, 44 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Mon 21 Mar 2022
at 12:06
shadows gather
Hoping the curse would keep the monster blinded for a little longer, Reiko looked to see what else she could do to help.  In the end, she picked up some rubble and threw it at the monster.  Her effort even exceeded her expectations…

Ooc:  3succ at diff 6.  St can roll dmg, since I’m not sure what piece of rubble Reiko found :)
22:03, Today: Kimura Reiko rolled 3 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 6,10,10,5.  Dex+athletic, throwing rubble.

storyteller
 GM, 67 posts
Wed 23 Mar 2022
at 03:44
shadows gather
Yanagida’s fate on the other side of the monstrosity is unknown, though her kiai shouts pierce the air.

Meanwhile, on the near side, Kiku wrenches first one leg and then another, causing it to cry out with rage from multiple mouths.

Several of the thing’s clawed hands flail empty space, with its ability to see its target hampered. One just grazes Kiku.

[OOC: soak 1 lethal damage. waaaaah!]


Reiko summons her memories from high school, and throws a rock like a baseball at the horror. It hits the creature and ricochets off a bit of bone just under the skin. A little of its oozing black ectoplasm seeps out, though.

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:45, Wed 23 Mar 2022.

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 53 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Wed 23 Mar 2022
at 12:27
shadows gather
Kiku easily shrugs off the beasts attack and continues to work on breaking legs as the beast appears to be hampered she takes the opportunity to break more than one.



Soaked damage easily.

if the black stuff is staying i will attack twice, if it seems to be fading then the second action will be to dodge
and my last yang spent for next round.

Attack 1 1 successes for 5 damage
Attack 2 5 successes for 5 damage

Kimura Reiko
 player, 45 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Wed 23 Mar 2022
at 13:28
shadows gather
Reiko decided that maybe some trickery could help her Wu sister (and Yanagida).  She called out a fake tactic to hopefully distract the monster.

Sestuna, about time you showed up.  Hit it in the back with your fire blade!”

Ooc:  assuming Man+subterfuge, results up to ST.
23:26, Today: Kimura Reiko rolled 1 success using 5d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 3,1,5,6,7.  Man+subterfuge, distracting the monster.

storyteller
 GM, 69 posts
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 05:16
shadows gather
Two more heads are sliced off from the other side, presumably by Yanagida.

The thing roars with its few remaining heads and falls to the ground as Kiku cripples the last of its legs.

Furious with its fading unlife, the monstrosity strikes at Yanagida, scratching her deeply along her side.

It also flails out at Kiku.

[OOC: soak 3 lethal, Kiku]

The monster seems either too preoccupied or mindless (or both) to fall for Reiko’s distraction.
Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 54 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 12:41
shadows gather
Kiku grunts as the abomination hits her, though it does not seem to slow her down at all.  Taking the opportunity as it fell to attempt to crunch an arm.



Soaked all 3
Hit for 2
damage 3

07:31, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 4 successes using 4d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 4 with rolls of 7,9,9,4.  soak. – [roll=1648297860.90423.363713]

07:39, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 3 successes using 11d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 1,6,8,6,5,4,1,7,8,2, 3.  damage. – [roll=1648298349.22476.363713]

07:38, Today: Chiziwa Kiku rolled 2 successes using 7d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 6,2,4,8,1,2,8.  Attack. – [roll=1648298332.61337.363713]

Kimura Reiko
 player, 46 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Sat 26 Mar 2022
at 17:59
shadows gather
Unsure about what she could do to help, Reiko decided to play lookout… just in case there were any other nasty surprises to follow..

Ooc
03:58, Today: Kimura Reiko rolled 4 successes using 5d10 with the World of Darkness 3rd ed system with a target of 6 with rolls of 10,5,6,6,9.  Per+alertness.

storyteller
 GM, 73 posts
Fri 29 Apr 2022
at 02:21
shadows gather
Yanagida becomes visible for a moment as she leaps up for an attack, and her sword slashes down into the beast, sinking deep between its heads.

Kiku lets go of her powerful grip as the monstrosity slumps to one side and falls.

Ectoplasm runs from Yanagida’s wounds, especially one across her left side. “That was certainly fun and games,” she croaks.

Motioning back toward the barricade, she waits for Kiku and Reiko to follow. Catching Reiko’s half-conscious gaze out at the strange illumination of Tokyo Tower, Yanagida says, “It’s been like that for a month. We have a contingent over there which might know more, but we’ve been cut off them for a while.”

The leader’s oversized lieutenant helps her down from the stacked cars. Yanagida turns to Kiku and hands her the sword, hilt first. “I doubt I could have done this without you. Or the sword. But please return it, with my compliments.”

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 56 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Fri 29 Apr 2022
at 12:34
shadows gather
Kiku accepts the sword from Yanagida.

We will speak to them.  Maybe if we bring back this story he will be persuaded to offer some kind of assistance.  Though I can not say for sure.

Kiku looks to Reiko.
Kimura Reiko
 player, 50 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Fri 29 Apr 2022
at 12:59
shadows gather
Reiko bowed to Yanagida.  Saying anything seemed so unnecessary, but the look she gave Kiku was one of Well Done.

And then true to nature, Reiko snapped a selfie that included the dead creature for posterity (and proof).  She also invited Kiku in as well, should her wu sister wish to partake.

"Yoichi.  I forgot about him... we should make sure he is OK.  As for Setuna, he'll catch us up.  Yanagida, would you mind terribly if we visited again sometime?"
storyteller
 GM, 74 posts
Sat 30 Apr 2022
at 03:13
shadows gather
Yanagida says to Kiku, “Thank you for your intentions.”

To Reiko, she says, “You would be most welcome to visit, although we have little to share here except violence.” She smiles and bids you safe travels.

Her lieutenant guides you back south, then east, the way you had come. As you exit the last barrier and start to walk back to the temple, you see a figure leaning against a low wall. Setsuna pulls himself up and walks over to you.

Glancing at Kiku, Setsuna says, “Looks like you got the sword.” He scratches his temple with his forefinger. “I guess I wasn’t much help. It’s just that I wanted to visit an old friend I knew back when I was alive. He’s sort of shy, so I thought I’d go myself. And, I admit, I’m not used to this whole ‘team’ thing.”

Setsuna grins crookedly. “But my detour got us some information that is, you know, pertinent. My friend introduced me to a couple Yakuza wraiths who had some breaking news: two Yakuza gangs are going to war. Neither the Umemura-kai nor the Nakatomi-gumi would cause any of the major clans to break a sweat. The fresh wraiths told me, though, that both sides have magic of some sort.

“All this would be of minor interest, except where they’re going to face off.  Their territories abut in Harajuku.”

He stops, as if waiting for one of you to interject.

“Harajuku, in Shibuya City?”

He then bites his lower lip. “Oh, I didn’t tell you. I convinced Arima-sama that some younger keui-jin should cover that district. So it’s ours, and our trouble.”

This message was last edited by the GM at 03:13, Sat 30 Apr 2022.

Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 57 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Sat 30 Apr 2022
at 15:11
shadows gather
That was nice of him (in a sarcastic tone)


Well i certainly dont have much issue with popping a few yakuza heads.  though this experience has taught me that we will need to be more subtle and choose our battles more carefully.

Did they give you more information to work from like where they are, who they are, how many?


Kimura Reiko
 player, 51 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Mon 2 May 2022
at 04:15
shadows gather
While Setsuna's presence had been missed (for the fight), the sisters and Yanagida had prevailed... so it was alright.

"Yakuza?  I wonder if any of them are cute, hehe."

Reiko gave a crooked smile.

"So... do we get any perks for looking after Harajuku?"
storyteller
 GM, 76 posts
Fri 6 May 2022
at 11:44
Re: shadows gather
Chiziwa Kiku:
Did they give you more information to work from like where they are, who they are, how many?


"Well, they could always call in more members, but local crews tend to run 40 to 60 yakuza," replies Setsuna. "Guns are unlikely, in public at least. The new wraiths didn't give details on the kinds of magic the two groups have available."

He looks over at Reiko. "The venue is a "perk" in and of itself. Have you never been there? Really?"
Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 59 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Fri 6 May 2022
at 12:21
shadows gather
Well i have not been there. in the mean time we can work on heading back to deliver the sword and relay our story here.  Maybe we can get back in time to have a snack, that beast really took it out of me.




Kiku leads the way back to the closet as the wounds begin to heal.

This message was last edited by the player at 12:24, Fri 06 May 2022.

Kimura Reiko
 player, 52 posts
 Bone Flower
 Western Direction
Mon 9 May 2022
at 14:50
shadows gather
"I've been there!"

Reiko spoke defensively.  And she had been to Harajuku... to take Instagram snaps and then leave again.

"You were very brave, Kiku..."

If her sister accepted her touch, Reiko gave her fellow Boneflower a light shoulder rub... for all of about five seconds.  It was supposed to be affectionate but if it looked creepy, well... that was typical Reiko.
Chiziwa Kiku
 player, 60 posts
 Bone Flower
 Eastern Direction
Mon 9 May 2022
at 18:53
shadows gather
Thank you Reiko, i think those sparring lessons really helped.   I was not much of a person to fight before, but i seem to be better at it now.   Still some lessons learned.

Kiku leans her head back slightly as she gets the shoulder rub.