[IC] Chapter 0: Prologue...   Posted by GM.Group: public
Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 22 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 03:18
Re: [IC] Prologue...
"No, defensive line. Repel them, then we press," Kaleas called. While he'd be the first to admit his limitations, he'd had some training in squad tactics.  Spreading out would leave them vulnerable to getting swarmed, while a line of waiting weapons was a formidable obstacle to beasts that had no choice but to close to strike.

Sticking together gave them another advantage. Bracing for the wolves' rush, he held out his blade in front of him, point upward, and tapped the air before him with it. There was nothing of substance to strike, of course, but that wasn't the point. An elaborate sigil flared, first translucent, then with radiant power, before fading out in the very spot that his blade had swished. Let the wolves break their fangs against that.


Move: None.
Minor: Rune of Mending on self. No surge spent. Kaleas and all allies within Burst 5 (that's everyone!) gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses until Kaleas's EONT.
Kaleas enters the Runestate of Protection: While adjacent to Kaleas, allies have Resist All 2.
Std: Ready Divine Rune of Thunder with Rune of Protection, to target the first enemy that comes within range. (+8 vs AC; 1d8+4 thunder damage; target is pushed 3 and dazed until Kaleas's EONT.)


 IniACFortRefWillHPEffects
Rav-02171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-03171512141425 / 25No Effects
Gray-01151614151338 / 38No Effects
Gray-02151614151338 / 38No Effects
Mokvon131815171129 / 29+1 All Defenses
Jessica101512161422 / 22+1 All Defenses
Merric101611161224 / 24+1 All Defenses
Ehryk091611131625 / 25+1 All Defenses
Zur062016121131 / 31+1 All Defenses
Vetur041815131331 / 31+1 All Defenses
Kaleas021815131624 / 24+1 All Defenses; Runestate of Protection

Mokvon, Jessica, Merric, Ehryk, Zur, and Vetur are up!

This message was last edited by the player at 04:19, Thu 20 Jan 2022.

Zuranduil
 Dwarf, Fighter, 11 posts
 Cheerful, for a Dwarf
 Don't ask about the Axe
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 03:49
Re: [IC] Prologue...
In an odd cadence, Zur growls to the mists

'"Zur sets his shield
And bares his teeth;
Ready, waiting
Axe seeking wolf-flesh to sheath
Action in front
Missileers behind
Valor vanquish all b'tide!"

OCC: Zur holds his action, and if a wolf comes within striking, attack with Brute Strike and mark if not dead.  If two are within striking, Passing Strike.  If one comes close enough and stops to growl or otherwise posture, Sure Strike and throw something - hammer, throwing axe, javelin or even Merric.  ;)

OCC2: I probably did that wrong. Sry.

OCC3: maybe Zur will slide into Skald.  idk where that couplet came from...


Brute Strike is +7 vs AC; 3d10+4 & in a miss, it's still available
Passing Strike is +7 vs AC; 1d10+4 & 1d10+4 vs the second opponent
Sure Strike is +9 vs AC; 1d6+4

This message was last edited by the player at 19:21, Fri 21 Jan 2022.

Vetur Amastacia
 Eladrin, Swordmage, 14 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 04:13
[IC] Prologue...
Without much complaint, Vetur shuffles into place and begins chanting the soft, alien words of magic.

Move: Move to W31
Minor: None.
Std: Ready Frigid Blade for the first enemy that comes into melee. (+6 vs AC; 1d8+3 cold damage; If target starts next to Vetur next turn -3 Movement.)

Jessica
 Human, Wizard, 12 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 05:06
[IC] Prologue...
Jessica knew enough about wolves to know that the situation was grave. But she had always been taught by her father to always be calm and never lose her cool. A calm mind was the first step in handling any situation, especially combat situations. So she has her wand out.

Jessica will cast Magic Missile on the nearest wolf that comes within sight for 7 points of damage.
Ehryk
 Shifter, Cleric, 11 posts
 HP 25/25
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 08:02
[IC] Prologue...
With a smooth and practiced motion, Ehryk raised his bow and loosed an arrow toward the nearest approaching wolf. He watched it arc toward the beast as he shouted, "AWAY WITH YOU! WE'RE NO MEAL BROTHER!" To anyone taking the time to notice, his face wore a pained expression.

Knowing they were likely to get surrounded, he took a couple of steps back to increase the size of their circle and give the fighters room to maneuver.


Standard: Longbow attack Wolf 2_2
  Ehryk rolled 20 to hit for 11 damage!
Move: 15' east to T,35

Merric Lightfoot
 Halfling, Rogue, 3 posts
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 15:24
[IC] Prologue...
Move: Move to U31
Minor: None.
Std: Ready Positioning Strike for the first enemy that comes into melee. (+8 vs AC; 3d6 + 4 damage; Slide the target 1 square up or down to trigger another readied attack from a different character.)

Mokvon The Swift
 Human, Slayer, 13 posts
 L1Slayer A8 1d10+8 I5
 29HP AC18 F15 W12 R17
Thu 20 Jan 2022
at 21:38
[IC] Prologue...
Mokvon moved over to a good defensive spot and readied his spear. Once the wolves were closer, he could show off his mobility.


(OOC: Move to U31, ready to attack anyone who walks in range)
GM
 GM, 92 posts
 Master of Mysteries
 Arbiter of Pains
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 02:46
[IC] Prologue...
ROUND 2
Wolf 2_2 charged to Merric (V30). Merric's readied action triggered and (21 vs AC, for 12 damage), drops the wolf. No shift.

Grey charged to Merric (V30). Triggered Vetur (17 vs. AC for 4 cold damage), I'm assuming Mokvon was readied, so triggered attack (19 vs. AC for 10 damage)


Grey 1 (24 of 38) attacks Merric (16 vs AC for 7 damage) - Merric has no Shield and should have the +1 AC bonus, so that results in a near miss.

Grey 2 charged Zur (R32) its attack will be (25 vs AC for 11 damage) but Zur is triggered for a brute strike (+7 vs AC; 3d10+4 - which results in 15 vs AC for 19 damage - The Grey Wolf dodged the strike!)

Rav2_1 charged Merric (U30) which triggers Kaleas (11 vs AC,11 damage - but this misses) the wolf likewise missed (11,9)

Archived: https://cdn.discordapp.com/att...082571/Battle-1b.png

 IniACFortRefWillHPEffects
Rav-01171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-02171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-03 171512141400 / 25DEAD
Gray-01151614151324 / 38No Effects
Gray-02151614151338 / 38No Effects
Mokvon131815171129 / 29+1 All Defenses
Jessica101512161422 / 22+1 All Defenses
Merric101611161224 / 24+1 All Defenses
Ehryk091611131625 / 25+1 All Defenses
Zur062016121122 / 31+1 All Defenses
Vetur041815131331 / 31+1 All Defenses
Kaleas021815131624 / 24+1 All Defenses; Runestate of Protection

This message was last edited by the GM at 04:44, Tue 25 Jan 2022.

Mokvon The Swift
 Human, Slayer, 14 posts
 L1Slayer A8 1d10+8 I5
 29HP AC18 F15 W12 R17
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 04:14
[IC] Prologue...
Mokvon saw his opportunity, leaping back quickly from the wolf, which desperately charged forward... only to run directly into Mokvon's suddenly extended pike, stuck directly into the thing's eyesocket.

Death was instantaneous.

He gave a smirk, then danced around the entire melee, standing next to Zur.

"How's it going?" He asked Zur casually, keeping an eye out for another opening.


EDIT - Included Actions from OOC thread.

Swift: Mobile Blade Stance (Lets me move 5 after I hit someone)
Move: Shift to 32U
Standard: Basic attack on rav 1 with reach.
20:05, Today: Mokvon The Swift rolled 28 using 1d20+8.  Roll to hit Rav 1, Basic Attack.
This triggers the mobile blade, move to 28V by going diagonally down to Y30. No attack of 00 because I'm attacking from reach.
Action Point, Chrage to 29V to Attack Rav 1, (Triggers) Surprising Charge
Note: Use  "Power Strike" on the first attack that actually hits.
So that's 27 damage enough to one shot the thing, which kind of makes spending an action point irrelevant.
Instead, use my free five move from the stance to move to 31 S.

This message was last edited by the player at 05:24, Sat 22 Jan 2022.

Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 23 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 04:40
Re: [IC] Prologue...
They'd repelled the charge. Now it was time to press.

Kaleas dubbed the air in Zur's direction. As before, a rune - somehow both similar to and distinctly different from the first - flared momentarily into being, crowning Zur as it suffused the area with its power. Then he brought his blade about and struck the ground in front of him. Brilliance flared outward across the ground in thin, deceptively delicate-looking lines from the point of impact, and a comforting radiance rose all about.

In the ancient days, the gods created a mighty rune to protect their astral dominions against the primordials...

Comforting to the members of the company, at least. For the wolves caught therein, the divine luminescence was clearly anything but. He stepped forward into the gap left by Mokvon's maneuver and the sudden demise of one of their assailants. Two down, three to go.


Minor: Rune of Mending on Zur: Zur may spend a healing surge. Kaleas and All allies within burst 5 (all of us) gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls until Kaleas's EONT.
Kaleas enters the Runestate of Destruction: Allies gain a +1 bonus to attacks against enemies adjacent to Kaleas.
Standard: Rune of the Undeniable Dawn: Close burst 3. Creates a zone. Kaleas and all allies within the zone gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses until Kaleas's EONT (sustainable). Kaleas hits Gray Wolf 1 and Gray Wolf 2 for 13 radiant damage.
Move: Walk southwest to U30. Granting +1 to attack against Gray Wolf 1.


 IniACFortRefWillHPEffects
Rav-01171512141400 / 25DEAD
Rav-02171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-03 171512141400 / 25DEAD
Gray-01151614151311 / 38Bloodied
Gray-02151614151325 / 38No Effects
Mokvon131815171129 / 29+2 to damage rolls
Jessica101512161422 / 22+2 to damage rolls
Merric101611161224 / 24+2 to damage rolls
Ehryk091611131625 / 25+2 to damage rolls
Zur062016121129* / 31+2 to damage rolls
Vetur041815131331 / 31+2 to damage rolls
Kaleas021815131624 / 24+2 to damage rolls; Runestate of Destruction

This message was last edited by the player at 05:01, Sat 22 Jan 2022.

Jessica
 Human, Wizard, 13 posts
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 14:01
Re: [IC] Prologue...
Jessica was about to cast one spell but realized as one of the other ravenous wolves fell, that it was better to wait until the other ravenous wolf came closer. So she turned her attention to the gray wolf nearest to her and then again unleashed one of her 'silver missiles' on the beast.

Cast Magic Missile on Gray Wolf 1 for 7 points of damage.
Merric Lightfoot
 Halfling, Rogue, 4 posts
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 14:34
[IC] Prologue...
Merric licks his lips, a little alarmed at all the wolves trying to eat him. He does his best to hold in place and look big as the beast in front of him snaps at him. "Cheeky, ain't they?"

Delay until Gray-01 dies to go catch Gray-02 from behind.

Delayed turn
Move: Walk to Q33
Standard: Sly Flourish vs Grey-02. Attack hits with or without CA. 18 damage with CA, 9 damage without.


 IniACFortRefWillHPEffects
Rav-01171512141400 / 25DEAD
Rav-02171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-03 171512141400 / 25DEAD
Gray-0115161415134 / 38Bloodied
Gray-02151614151325 / 38No Effects
Mokvon131815171129 / 29+2 to damage rolls
Jessica101512161422 / 22+2 to damage rolls
Merric101611161224 / 24+2 to damage rolls, Delay
> Ehryk091611131625 / 25+2 to damage rolls
Zur062016121129* / 31+2 to damage rolls
Vetur041815131331 / 31+2 to damage rolls
Kaleas021815131624 / 24+2 to damage rolls; Runestate of Destruction

This message was last edited by the player at 16:02, Sat 22 Jan 2022.

Ehryk
 Shifter, Cleric, 12 posts
 HP 25/25
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 17:17
[IC] Prologue...
The huntsman readied another arrow, trying to line up a shot. His new companions were moving around in the chaos of battle. Being overly cautious,  he ended up pulling his shot high.


Standard: Longbow attack GreyWolf1
  Ehryk rolled 7 to miss!
Move: 10' east to T,37

Vetur Amastacia
 Eladrin, Swordmage, 15 posts
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 18:15
[IC] Prologue...
As the beast focuses on Merric an Kaleas, Vetur draws a series of sigils on his longsword. He darts to the side, his blade erupting with a white glow as he cuts into the beast, leaving a frozen trail which shows off the creature's internal organs.

Move: Shift 1 to W30
Standard: Frigid Blade vs Gray1. Hit for 9 cold damage.

Merric's delayed action goes off.


 IniACFortRefWillHPEffects
Rav-01171512141400 / 25DEAD
Rav-02171512141425 / 25No Effects
Rav-03 171512141400 / 25DEAD
Gray-01151614151300 / 38DEAD
Gray-0215161415137 / 38Bloodied
Mokvon131815171129 / 29+2 to damage rolls
Jessica101512161422 / 22+2 to damage rolls
Merric101611161224 / 24+2 to damage rolls, Delay
Ehryk091611131625 / 25+2 to damage rolls
> Zur062016121129* / 31+2 to damage rolls
Vetur041815131331 / 31+2 to damage rolls
Kaleas021815131624 / 24+2 to damage rolls; Runestate of Destruction

This message was last edited by the player at 18:15, Sat 22 Jan 2022.

Zuranduil
 Dwarf, Fighter, 12 posts
 Cheerful, for a Dwarf
 Don't ask about the Axe
Sat 22 Jan 2022
at 18:35
[IC] Prologue...
"Och, but for a nip, alls well, Mok." Zur replies, keeping his shield high and slicing hard and low with the axe...

Standard: Sure Strike on Grey 2; +9 v AC, d10+4
Move: (do I need to move for an attack on Grey 2?)

13:38, Today: Zuranduil rolled 11 using 1d10+4.  If hit.
13:37, Today: Zuranduil rolled 18 using 1d20+9.  To hit. (I didn't put anything in for Combat Advantage...but I don't think I'll need it...)

This message was last edited by the player at 18:41, Sat 22 Jan 2022.

Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 24 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Sun 23 Jan 2022
at 11:30
[IC] Prologue...
Four down, one to go.

Kaleas turned toward the last wolf and bared his fangs in a deep-throated snarl, a deliberately theatrical gesture on his part that, along with the swift fall of the rest of its pack, was meant to convey a clear message to the beast: we are not a herd of prey.

If that was enough to scare it off, great, but he had no reservations about bringing it down if it persisted.


Not a turn, just thematic!
GM
 GM, 97 posts
 Master of Mysteries
 Arbiter of Pains
Mon 24 Jan 2022
at 08:31
[IC] Prologue...
Based upon the results….

The wolves were no match for the herd, erm, party of adventurers. The final remaining wolf latched onto the body of a dead wolf and dragged it away to satiate its ravenous hunger in the brush and leave the party to continue onward to the tower that lay beyond the bridge.

OOC: we are out of combat. And shucks, Merric lived to tell of this harrowing tale…
Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 25 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Mon 24 Jan 2022
at 08:50
[IC] Prologue...
Kaleas eased out of his fighting stance as the creature dragged one of its own off to eat. If it was really that desperate then perhaps a final blow would have been a mercy, considering its likely fate, but no matter.

"No one hurt?," he called over his shoulder between breaths, unwilling to turn his back on the thing, just in case. "Let's get to the tower before anything else decides to take advantage."
Zuranduil
 Dwarf, Fighter, 13 posts
 Cheerful, for a Dwarf
 Don't ask about the Axe
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 01:37
[IC] Prologue...
"Aye" agrees the dwarf.

"Tis but a flesh wound...and we were headin ta that tower anyway; I can't know why we'd change that now."

Zur shoulders his shield and pack, and with a glance back, sets to walking.
Merric Lightfoot
 Halfling, Rogue, 5 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 02:23
[IC] Prologue...
As they walk, Merric springs around like a child with too much sugar, asking anyone who will listen, "Did you see that? I gave it the real 'how's about that', didn't I?" whilst making a midair stabbing motion.
Mokvon The Swift
 Human, Slayer, 15 posts
 L1Slayer A8 1d10+8 I5
 29HP AC18 F15 W12 R17
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 03:40
[IC] Prologue...

"Yep, you sure did. Hopefully all our foes will be so easy.. but I doubt it.

Looks like no one got TOO hurt this time."


Mokvon cleaned his spear and continued to walk, trying to keep a look out for more threats.
Jessica
 Human, Wizard, 14 posts
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 04:30
[IC] Prologue...
Jessica just rolls her eyes and just follows the others to the Tower. While on the outside she is calm and collected, on the inside she is a bit flustered. Yet she continues to put up a brave face and moves on, staying near and in the middle of party until they are safely in the Tower.
Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 27 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 06:51
[IC] Prologue...
While Merric's enthusiasm brought a hint of a smile to his face, Kaleas nevertheless kept a wary eye out as they crossed the bridge and approached the tower, his runic resonance fading out not long after they'd reached safety.
Ehryk
 Shifter, Cleric, 13 posts
 HP 25/25
Tue 25 Jan 2022
at 19:29
Re: [IC] Prologue...
Ehryk let the others go ahead as he knelt by the remaining bodies of the slain wolves. His craggy face was dark and grim, and he spoke lowly, words of sorrow towards his "brothers" for their plight. He bowed his head briefly as if in prayer, rubbed the wrists of each hand, and then proceeded to quickly skin the wolves.

As this was taking place, he glanced up to see Kaleas looking questioningly his way. "The hides are worth money, and our brothers no longer need them. I would hate for their deaths to be completely meaningless.  They were driven to this..."

Ehryk seemed to consider saying more, but did not. He worked quickly and then made his way to catch up with the others.
Kaleas
 Tierian, Runepriest, 28 posts
 AC18/F15/R13/W16
Wed 26 Jan 2022
at 12:32
Re: [IC] Prologue...
Kaleas returned a small nod of understanding as he proceeded to the tower. While he held some concern that the last wolf might come back to harry a lone target, Ehryk was an alert sort, and he needed the moment alone besides.

This message was last edited by the player at 13:09, Wed 26 Jan 2022.