RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to The Rise of the Sorcerer Princess

04:00, 18th May 2024 (GMT+0)

The City of Almask.

Posted by The Shinning OneFor group 0
The Shinning One
GM, 147 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 09:44
  • msg #289

The City of Almask

You step outside to find a small battle being waged about 6 Bandits are attacking your group, one seems to be in charge and is yelling orders.

[OOC: Init Roll please]
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 146 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 10:20
  • msg #290

The City of Almask

(OOC: Initiative roll - Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore rolled 18 using 1d20)
The Shinning One
GM, 148 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 10:33
  • msg #291

The City of Almask

[OCC: you're up
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 147 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 10:53
  • msg #292

The City of Almask

Epineh quickly cast a spell sending out darts of pure magic.

(OOC: Upcasting magic missile to 3rd level for 5 missiles. Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore rolled 5,2,4,5,5)
The Shinning One
GM, 149 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 11:01
  • msg #293

The City of Almask

The bolts quickly fly out and dart towards the Bandits two of them fall to ground with cries of pain and don't get up.

Glendara and the other rangers engage several of the other Bandits arrows and bolts hissing through the air between them.

The one who'd be gesturing and barking orders glares at you and moves towards you, rapidly closing the distance "You're gonna pay for what you did!" he yelled.

Lady Alisha steps up beside you and chants a prayer and you feel the magic flowing into you, offering retribution for those that would strike you.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 148 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 11:22
  • msg #294

The City of Almask

Epineh quickly cast a spell at the man charging her.

(OOC: Going for a frostbite cantrip. Con save DC 17 or takes 6 damage and dis advantage on the weapon attack.)
The Shinning One
GM, 150 posts
Wed 23 Feb 2022
at 21:02
  • msg #295

The City of Almask

The spell takes effect and the man crys out in pain but still closes the gap and takes a series of swings at Ephine with a mace.

Despite the biting cold his first blow connects but a flas of divineenergy flashes from Ephineh and strikes her attacker, but his follow up went wide surpised by the attack.



[OOC: You take 4 dmg, the Thug looks very rough]
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 149 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 05:49
  • msg #296

The City of Almask

"I suggest you surrender!" Epineh said.

(OOC: Intimidate check - Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore rolled 8 using 1d20+5)
The Shinning One
GM, 151 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 08:49
  • msg #297

The City of Almask

The man was breathing heavily and grinned "Hah, no I know what would happen if I did. I'd prefer to die on my feet" he growled and attacked again but due to his pain the attacks went wide.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 150 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 09:02
  • msg #298

The City of Almask

Epineh cast magic missile, sending them at the man.
The Shinning One
GM, 152 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 09:19
  • msg #299

The City of Almask

The man falls still grinning as the missiles hit, a quick glance around shows the others have won their battle and you have a chance to withdraw before the main group of Bandits can attack.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 151 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 09:30
  • msg #300

The City of Almask

"I think we should leave," Epineh said.
The Shinning One
GM, 153 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 09:41
  • msg #301

The City of Almask

Glendara nodded "Okay you head the princess withdraw!" she commanded and the group headed out of the quarry.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 152 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 10:00
  • msg #302

The City of Almask

Epineh followed as well as she could.
The Shinning One
GM, 154 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 10:14
  • msg #303

The City of Almask

You regroup in a copse a short distance away from the quarry. Glendara looked in the direction they had come "We don't seem to have been followed" she said after a few minutes.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 153 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 10:36
  • msg #304

The City of Almask

"We have to get back to the city and quickly," Epineh said. "This is so huge."
The Shinning One
GM, 155 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 10:41
  • msg #305

The City of Almask

"Agreed Highness" Glendara said and after a quick rest ordered everyone to move out towards the city.

It takes two days before you get back to the city. A quick word with the guards sees Ephineh, Glendara and Lady Alisha talking to the Baron and his council.

"I understand that your mission was successful?" the Baron asked.
This message was last edited by the GM at 10:41, Thu 24 Feb 2022.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 154 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 10:58
  • msg #306

The City of Almask

"Yes, we have found something of deep concern. We have found evidence that some nobles of this country have been working against it," Epineh said.
The Shinning One
GM, 156 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 19:36
  • msg #307

The City of Almask

"That is troubling. What did you find?" The Baron asked looking at Ephineh intently.
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 155 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 21:50
  • msg #308

The City of Almask

Epineh explains what they found and hands over the evidence.
The Shinning One
GM, 157 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 22:13
  • msg #309

The City of Almask

The Baron examines the evidence "Then it seems you must get to your father as soon as possible." Hangel said returning the items "I will write a letter supporting your conclusion"
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 156 posts
Thu 24 Feb 2022
at 22:48
  • msg #310

The City of Almask

"Thank you, I will do just that," Epineh siad.
The Shinning One
GM, 158 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2022
at 08:52
  • msg #311

The City of Almask

It takes about half a day to prepare your transport and guards, as you make to leave Baron Hangel arrives to see you off "Gods speed you princess and whatever happens you have a firm ally here. I'm not sure we could have beaten this without your help"
Epineh Alena Grimmory Ashmore
player, 157 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2022
at 09:17
  • msg #312

The City of Almask

"You are welcome, lord," Epineh said. "It was part of my duties."
The Shinning One
GM, 159 posts
Fri 25 Feb 2022
at 09:35
  • msg #313

The City of Almask

The Baron bows again and your carriage sets off back towards the capital city and your father.
Sign In