Scene 2: Tukoa.   Posted by DM.Group: 0
DM
 GM, 21 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Mon 11 Apr 2022
at 02:05
Scene 2: Tukoa
Scene Setup: Thelonius and Frack arrive in Tukoa.
Chaos Factor: 6

21:07, Today: DM rolled 7 using 1d10.  Roll to modify scene (no modification).

This message was last edited by the GM at 02:08, Mon 11 Apr.

DM
 GM, 22 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Tue 12 Apr 2022
at 03:43
Scene 2: Tukoa
22:36, Today: DM rolled 22 using 1d100.  Any resistance entering Tukoa (with + CHA, but goblin, say chance 50% of trouble). 22 = Random event!!!

22:43, Today: DM rolled 28 using 1d100.  Event Focus. NPC Action.
22:47, Today: DM rolled 7 using 1d12.  Which NPC (1 - 11, reroll on a 12)? Oh no - it's Lex Malcolm!!!
22:39, Today: DM rolled 83 using 1d100.  Random event: action. Assist
22:39, Today: DM rolled 28 using 1d100.  Random event: subject. Pleasures

Lex Malcolm Assist of Pleasures means:
1. Lex hired a gal from the local bordello?
2. Lex and his drinking buddy are at the bar and wasted?
3. Lex is buying some off-market mud that has hallucinogenic properties?

After 3 weeks of not deciding, let's just roll for it!
01:08, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 3 using 1d6.  1 = bordello. 2,3 = wasted. 4,5,6 = drug deal.
Looks like Lex and a drinking buddy are wasted!

This message was last edited by the GM at 06:10, Sun 01 May.

DM
 GM, 23 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Sun 1 May 2022
at 06:17
Scene 2: Tukoa
It is a fairly short journey to Tukoa from the intersection where they met, and after a peaceful night's rest, Frack and Thelonius made their way into the village. There was a single inn on the main street. It was a ramshackle building with a sign outside reading the Weary Traveler. Stepping inside the pair found a common room with several empty tables and a bar. A plain faced lay worked behind the bar and only a pair of patrons were there at this fairly early hour.

To Frack's chagrin, however, one of the pair was Lex Malcolm. And by the looks of it, he had been at the bar since leaving them outside of town the night before.
Frack the Faithful
 player, 8 posts
 Paladin 1
 AC: 18 HP: 12/12
Mon 2 May 2022
at 02:43
Scene 2: Tukoa
"Oh great," Frack exhaled as he saw the guard he battled last night leaning on the bar. "The first building I go in and there he is!"
Thelonius
 player, 7 posts
 Monk 1
 AC: 16 HP: 9/9
Mon 2 May 2022
at 02:49
Scene 2: Tukoa
Thelonius paused as he observed the guard slapping his companion on the back while they both guffawed at some story he told. "Fortunately, we don't need to sit by them. Take that table over there." He motioned to a table as far away from the bar as possible. "I will see if they have anything to eat."

He proceeded to the end of the bar (as far from Malcolm as possible) and waited patiently for the attendant to notice him.
DM
 GM, 24 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Mon 2 May 2022
at 03:12
Scene 2: Tukoa
As Thelonius waited at the other end of the bar, the attendant, a smaller man with shifty eyes and an apron, finally walked over, wiping a glass with a dirty cloth as he did. "I don't know who the hell you think you are," he snapped before pointing to Frack at the far table. "But we don't serve the likes of him here, or anyone who's with him!"

21:59, Today: DM rolled 4 using 1d100.  Is the bar attendant rude to Thelonius (no way + Chaos 6 = 25%). That's an exceptional yes!
Lex Malcolm
 NPC, 1 post
 Guard Leader
 Hates goblins
Mon 2 May 2022
at 03:13
Scene 2: Tukoa
Lex Malcolm, meanwhile, followed the barkeep with his eyes. When they landed upon Thelonius, he shifted in place awkwardly before approaching, leaning noticeably against the bar as he did. "You!" he shouted at the monk. "I told you to kill that goblin, not bring him along like your pet dog!"

21:56, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 71 using 1d100.  Does Malcolm confront Frack (likely)?
Thelonius
 player, 8 posts
 Monk 1
 AC: 16 HP: 9/9
Sun 12 Jun 2022
at 21:12
Scene 2: Tukoa
"I mean no trouble," Thelonius pleaded, pulling a gold coin from his pack in hopes of appealing to the innkeeper's business sense. "I only mean to find food and lodging for my friend and I. If that cannot be found, then we will depart."

16:13, Today: Thelonius rolled 12 using 2d20-1, dropping the lowest dice only with rolls of 13,9.  Persuasion vs. innkeeper (advantage for showing some gold).
16:16, Today: Thelonius rolled 49 using 1d100.  Chaos.

This message was last edited by the player at 21:17, Sun 12 June.

DM
 GM, 25 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Sun 12 Jun 2022
at 21:22
Scene 2: Tukoa
The bartener's eye caught on Thelonius's gold for a moment, but it was not enough to purchase civility for the monk and his unwelcome friend. "Your gold is no good here," he spat, gaining courage from Malcolm's inebriated support. "Now get out before I have you removed."
Frack the Faithful
 player, 9 posts
 Paladin 1
 AC: 18 HP: 12/12
Sun 12 Jun 2022
at 21:32
Scene 2: Tukoa
Frack rose from his seat and backed toward the door. Although he liked his chances against two drunken soldiers, he realized that breaking up the only common room in town probably wouldn't be good for him in the long run. "Come on, Thelonius. Let's go. Our lousy trail rations are probably better than the food in this place, anyway."
Lex Malcolm
 NPC, 2 posts
 Guard Leader
 Hates goblins
Mon 13 Jun 2022
at 01:52
Scene 2: Tukoa
Lex staggered after the departing heroes, but his condition meant he could travel no further than the end of the bar. "Get back here, filthy goblin! Don't-"

20:18, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 55 using 1d100.  Does Lex intervene (50/50, chaos 6 = 65%). RANDOM EVENT!!!

20:27, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 12 using 1d100.  Random event: focus. NPC Action.
20:32, Today: DM, on behalf of Lex Malcolm, rolled 5 using 1d12.  Which NPC? Galdar Goldhelm.
20:27, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 36 using 1d100.  Random event: meaning 1. Imitate
20:28, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 78 using 1d100.  Random event: meaning 2. Masses

Galdar Goldhelm. Imitate of masses?
Goldhelm is back to try profiting from mud harvesting?

This message was last edited by the player at 02:15, Mon 13 June.

Galdar Goldhelm
 NPC, 1 post
 Runaway hero
Mon 13 Jun 2022
at 02:32
Scene 2: Tukoa
Malcolm's tirade was interrupted by the entrance of a well dressed merchant and a trio of his assistants. His mere presence in the room stopped the intoxicated guard short.

"The Weary Traveler," he announced with arms spread wide. "A little rough for the wear from what I remember."

His assistants scanned the common room with an assortment of sneers and disgusted exhales. None spoke, but their faces were enough to show they were not impressed. The first two were twins, both gigantic men with thick arms folded across barrel-shaped chests. The third, a scrawny, pale man wearing spectacles and carrying a stack of books, contrasted comically to the twins.

"Ho now,"
the leader continued, staring at Thelonius and Frack. "You are a curious pair. It seems the mud attracts all sorts."
Thelonius
 player, 9 posts
 Monk 1
 AC: 16 HP: 9/9
Mon 13 Jun 2022
at 04:21
Scene 2: Tukoa
Thelonius stared at the strangely confident man, saying nothing. The twins behind the man blocked the doorway, so the monk simply waited.
Frack the Faithful
 player, 10 posts
 Paladin 1
 AC: 18 HP: 12/12
Mon 13 Jun 2022
at 04:29
Scene 2: Tukoa
"We were just leaving," Frack replied. "If your goons would be so kind as to move."
DM
 GM, 26 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Mon 13 Jun 2022
at 04:50
Scene 2: Tukoa
The bartender squinted at the entering trio. The face looked familiar, but he had seen so many faces in his time he couldn't place it.

"Gal Goldhelm," came a call from a doorway in back of the bar, into which had stepped and older man with a stern look on his face. "The so-called hero from the north. I didn't think I'd ever see the likes of you again. At least not in Tukoa. You know there's a price on your head here."

23:33, Today: DM rolled 11 using 1d100.  Does bartender remember Galthar (very unlikely, chaos 6)? RANDOM EVENT!!!

23:34, Today: DM rolled 12 using 1d100.  Random event: focus. NPC action.
23:39, Today: DM rolled 10 using 1d12.  Which NPC? The innkeeper.

23:34, Today: DM rolled 77 using 1d100.  Random event: meaning 1. Deceive.
23:34, Today: DM rolled 90 using 1d100.  Random event: meaning 2. Danger.
The innkeeper, deceive of danger. The innkeeper appears and warns Galthar that there is a price on his head (there isn't really a price on his head - I guess the innkeeper is a bit melodramatic).

This message was last edited by the GM at 05:01, Thu 16 June.

Lex Malcolm
 NPC, 3 posts
 Guard Leader
 Hates goblins
Sun 19 Jun 2022
at 07:30
Scene 2: Tukoa
Lex guffawed and waved his hands dismissively at the new stranger. To Frack and Thelonius's benefit, the newcomers' arrival had cooled Malcom's temper. The gigantic twins had a way of doing that.

"They were jushht leaving,"
Malcom slurred to the newcomers. With that, he turned his back to the party and staggered back to his drink at the other end of the bar.

02:24, Today: Lex Malcolm rolled 74 using 1d100.  Stir up trouble with Goldhelm (45%... very unlikely, chaos 6).
Galdar Goldhelm
 NPC, 2 posts
 Runaway hero
Mon 20 Jun 2022
at 02:24
Scene 2: Tukoa
Goldhelm motioned to the twins. "Let them go. It appears they were just leaving." He gave Frack and Thelonius a suspicious look before sitting himself at a round table. The gigantic twins took a seat on either side.

The skinny bespectacled man went to the bar, set his books down, and ordered some drinks. "Three ales, please," he mumbled to the bartender, fussing with a pouch of coins as he did.

21:16, Today: Galdar Goldhelm rolled 83 using 1d100.  Reaction toward the party (65% positive).
Frack the Faithful
 player, 11 posts
 Paladin 1
 AC: 18 HP: 12/12
Mon 20 Jun 2022
at 02:26
Scene 2: Tukoa
"Come on. Let's get out of here." Frack tugged on Thelonius's sleeve, urging him toward the door.
Thelonius
 player, 10 posts
 Monk 1
 AC: 16 HP: 9/9
Mon 20 Jun 2022
at 02:30
Scene 2: Tukoa
Thelonius, still puzzled about a man with a price on his head taking a seat nonetheless, nodded to the room, then silently followed his goblin companion out of The Weary Traveler.

Once outside, he inquired to Frack. "That man had a price on his head, yet he didn't seem bothered by it."
Frack the Faithful
 player, 12 posts
 Paladin 1
 AC: 18 HP: 12/12
Mon 20 Jun 2022
at 02:37
Scene 2: Tukoa
"Probably because those two goons on either side of him can take care of any trouble. Wish I had a couple of goons like that, but it's really not what Pholtus teaches."

He scanned the town for another source of information. "Well, I can't sleep there. Guess my next stop is the stable. They let a bunch of animals sleep there. Sometimes they'll take a goblin, too... if I promise them I won't eat any of the horses. Can you believe that? Like I'm going to just eat a horse. That's gross."
Thelonius
 player, 11 posts
 Monk 1
 AC: 16 HP: 9/9
Tue 21 Jun 2022
at 02:53
Scene 2: Tukoa
"I will go with you... and I also will not eat any horses."


End of scene.
DM
 GM, 27 posts
 Let's give this a try!
Tue 21 Jun 2022
at 03:09
Scene 2: Tukoa
End of scene 2:

Characters: Add barkeep, innkeeper, twin bodyguards for Galthar, and bespectacled bookworm.
New Threads: Find a place to sleep in Tukoa.
New Chaos: The scene was controlled by the characters. They left without a confrontation with Leb, so 6 - 1 = 5.