Terror in Times Square.   Posted by Ajudicator.Group: 0
Empress
 player, 25 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Mon 24 Oct 2022
at 05:52
Re: Times Square, New York City
Empress moves towards the mech operator, shows no fear of the weapon, and gives them a smile that has melted Kings and Czars.
"Power this machine off NOW!... for me?"

This message was lightly edited by the player at 05:53, Mon 24 Oct.

Ajudicator
 GM, 87 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Fri 28 Oct 2022
at 03:41
Re: Times Square, New York City

Between the mech's movement and Empress distractions, the technician with the gun shifts her focus away from Agent 9. One judo chop layer the technician is unconscious.


Participantfirst Actionssecond actionfinal action
Huge Mech 2813
Archer402510
Anchor 249
The Zenith 249
Agent 937227
Empress36216
Saber 7 216
Rock Star 183
NPCs  15

Agent 9's special attack to the head (quadruples chance of unconsciousness).
Agent 9's chance to hit is 19 or less (+6 accuracy, +4 ht expertise, +2 weapon, +2 facing) Rolling 1d20-19 means any positive number is a miss.
Using his pistol as a club, damage is 2d8 for carry cap +1d2 for weapon +5 for damage modifier. Special attack to the head results in quadruple chance to knock out. Fifteen points of damage is a 60% chance of KO, 29 is less than 60.
Ajudicator, on behalf of Agent 9, rolled -17,-4,15,29 using 1d20-19,1d20-19,2d8+1d2+5,1d100.  special attk to strike, damage, knock out


*Judo Chop
Empress
 player, 28 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Fri 28 Oct 2022
at 08:03
Re: Times Square, New York City
"You knocked out the pilot!  So do you know how to land this vehicle?"

Since we're playing async and Empress' action is not needed bc the pilot is KO'd, hoping Empress can switch her action on INIT 6 to:

Empress moves past the downed pilot and Agent 9, and over to the controls in a non-threatening manner, studying the controls to see if she can find a way to land the mech?  (INT 18)
Agent 9
 player, 73 posts
 More Clearance then God
 No Background on File
Fri 28 Oct 2022
at 08:36
Re: Times Square, New York City
“ Her fault, I don’t like guns pointed at me. And she might not be the pilot, I’ve been trying to ID the pilots console since I got in here. “ Checks to see what it was she was doing before she was knocked out.
Ajudicator
 GM, 88 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Sat 29 Oct 2022
at 03:51
Re: Times Square, New York City

There doesn't appear to be any horizontal movement.

This message was last edited by the GM at 14:36, Tue 01 Nov.

Saber 7
 player, 55 posts
 Yokai yokai
 Ikaze
Sat 29 Oct 2022
at 15:21
Re: Times Square, New York City
Skating on a jet-powered cushion of air, Saber-7 circled the big mech from below.  Fortunately the Square had already been evacuated - mostly - in advance, but still...

"Clear the area!" It called over a synthesized speaker, booming.  "Look out!  Get clear!"
Agent 9
 player, 75 posts
 More Clearance then God
 No Background on File
Tue 1 Nov 2022
at 04:37
Re: Times Square, New York City
“All right why don’t you two try to get these guys out of here” Agent 9 says to the other two members of the ‘team’ as he searches the pockets of the unconscious bad guys quickly, looking for anything that might plug into the control boards. “Saber! What heading is this thing on, can you tell? “ he asks offer the team radio freq
Ajudicator
 GM, 89 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Tue 1 Nov 2022
at 14:46
Re: Times Square, New York City
The mech isn't moving, just hovering in response to its inactive legs.
Saber 7
 player, 56 posts
 Yokai yokai
 Ikaze
Tue 1 Nov 2022
at 16:48
Re: Times Square, New York City
"It's NOT," Saber-7 replied over the comm.  "It's just hovering there. I think you got it."
Agent 9
 player, 76 posts
 More Clearance then God
 No Background on File
Tue 1 Nov 2022
at 21:56
Re: Times Square, New York City
“Oh, well ok then let’s get these prisoners out of here and Dr Archer would you come in here and let’s see if we can work out the controls and put this big guy somewhere we can examine him please” Agent 9 continues to pat down the unconscious baddies before helping lift them one at a time out the hatch. “Saber can you come collect these folks and take them over to the cops for holding. “
Archer
 player, 37 posts
 Scientist
Tue 1 Nov 2022
at 22:46
Re: Times Square, New York City
Archer, stood at the Mech's dangling feet, looking up; aware that with those aerial thrusters, this thing could fly off (with her companions) at any moment, she was calculating how to next deactivate them.
Her scientific mind racing to calculate what could be done to those thrusters, or thrown in to them perhaps, to forcibly shut them down.

The Mech had caused some destruction to the nearby buildings ... was there a nice sized chunk of cement that a 24' tall lady could pick up (she could lift over 29,000lb)?
Or, maybe, a large telephone pole like beam, that could be used for thrusting and probing?

This message was last edited by the player at 22:47, Tue 01 Nov.

Anchor
 player, 7 posts
Thu 3 Nov 2022
at 23:36
Re: Times Square, New York City
Since he heard the roar of the engines and felt the mech lift off the ground, Anchor switched to his M4/M203 and makes his way to where he heard talking. When he enters the room where the other supers are, he takes a wild guess as to who the good guys are and says I'm Anchor - do you need help setting this thing down? He lowers his weapon as well.

Assuming that these are the good guys, Anchor will scan the room for anything that looks like flight controls....if he finds something, he will attempt to land the mech.
Empress
 player, 31 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Fri 4 Nov 2022
at 15:12
Re: Times Square, New York City
"I'm Empress, and we wouldn't have needed any help if this fellow" (points at Agent 9) "hadn't knocked out the pilot.
So we were trying to figure out how to land this construct -- before it crashes or explodes or worse."


Empress had been studying the complex controls, but refrained from flipping switches since technology is not her specialty (by any means).  She gives up with a shrug. "Computers are so BORING."

She moves over to the pilots and picks them up easily, "You two land this bucket, I'll clear out this mess."

She smiles at both heroes.  Time stops and her unearthly beauty may cause their hearts to skip a beat.

Teleporting out the pilots will have to wait for next INIT.

This message was last edited by the player at 15:16, Fri 04 Nov.

Ajudicator
 GM, 90 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Thu 10 Nov 2022
at 07:16
Re: Times Square, New York City
The Zenith grabs the mech's legs to attempt to hold it down. Rock Star does some internal damage (that no one else sees). So, we're waiting on Anchor, I think.

OOC:
Participantfirst Actionssecond actionfinal action
Huge Mech 2813
Archer402510
Anchor 249
The Zenith 249
Agent 937227
Empress36216
Saber 7 216
Rock Star 183
NPCs  15

There is minimal debris around (Saber 7 has managed to save most of the buildings), but there is certainly a large piece to bash the mech with.

Archer
 player, 38 posts
 Scientist
Mon 14 Nov 2022
at 11:42
Re: Times Square, New York City
Archer was picking up a large piece to bash the mech with, when she heard the comms talking about landing this bucket.

"If you need help with the computational systems, let me know, and I can come in"


Holding my action till I hear a response from those within
Agent 9
 player, 77 posts
 More Clearance then God
 No Background on File
Tue 22 Nov 2022
at 15:20
Re: Times Square, New York City
“That’s what I said Dr. Don’t tell me we have a comms problem now! “ Agent 9 will attemp to power up the console that was shut off. “ Dr please come up here and see if we can sort this out before we have something more unpleasant occur. “
Ajudicator
 GM, 91 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Wed 23 Nov 2022
at 15:57
Re: Times Square, New York City
Console B is clearly marked as "life support". It appears to be a monitoring station, as it has few controls.
Console C appears to be some sort of interface console. The only controls on it appear to be pushbuttons next to various data ports (male and female versions of USB C are obvious, the others appear proprietary).
Console D appears to be some sort of monitoring station. Apparently, before leaving the station the technician manning it turned it off. The only control on the station is a switch, currently in the position labeled 'off'.

Spoiler text: (Highlight or hover over the text to view)
If the flight controls are in this section, which pilot used them to start flying the mech?

Anchor plies his weapon on the hatch in the ceiling over the hatch in the floor. Although the entire hatch doesn't become dust, it is effected to the point that the hatch falls from the ceiling, leaving the opening clear.

OOC:
Participantfirst Actionssecond actionfinal action
Huge Mech 2813
Archer402510
Anchor 249
The Zenith 249
Agent 937227
Empress36216
Saber 7 216
Rock Star 183
NPCs  15

Saber 7 should supply next turns initiative with their action, initiatives from everyone else will also be expected.

This message was last edited by the GM at 17:09, Wed 23 Nov.

Empress
 player, 34 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Wed 23 Nov 2022
at 23:31
Re: Times Square, New York City
Empress carries the 2 unconscious mech pilots, looks as if she could easily carry another 2 or 3 more.  She looks vaguely bored.
"This robot looked much more interesting on the outside.
Needs an interior design upgrade."



15:26, Today: Empress rolled Init = 35 (using 1d10+29 with roll of 6).

Empress' first action on INIT 35 next turn will be opening a teleport door and teleporting outside with the unconscious criminal pilots, to interrogate them when they wake, and then turn them over to the authorities.

Empress will leave the door open for longer so the other heroes have an escape.

This message was last edited by the player at 14:48, Mon 28 Nov.

Archer
 player, 39 posts
 Scientist
Mon 28 Nov 2022
at 01:38
Re: Times Square, New York City
Final action; init 10
Archer dropped the chunk of concrete she had, and (shrinking down to normal human size) headed up through the open entrance in the foot into the robot interior, to meet with those there.


- rolled 37 using 1d10+33.  Initiative.

First action for the next turn ...

Taking a look around, Archer attempted to understand the control mechanisms before her; with a view to shutting them down safely.
Saber 7
 player, 57 posts
 Yokai yokai
 Ikaze
Sat 3 Dec 2022
at 05:48
Re: Times Square, New York City
Skating on ground level on a cushion of air, the robotic mech known only as Saber-7 circled the towering mechanical monstrosity that dwarfed it in so many ways.  As the others - small enough to do so - had infiltrated the giant bot, Saber-7 had focused mostly on using its nanite stream to repair the damage it inflicted on the buildings.

Now, it continued to circle, preparing for the worst...

OOC: Set up Evasion this turn.
Ajudicator
 GM, 92 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Sun 4 Dec 2022
at 04:34
Re: Times Square, New York City
Archer heads inside the mech, The Zenith grabs the mech's shoulders and tries to hold it down, Saber 7 considers defensive maneuvers.

I took the liberty of rolling all necessary initiatives for the coming turn (some had been rolled).
actions for Agent 9 (39), Archer (37), Empress (35), will occur before the mech moves (28)

Participantfirst Actionssecond actionfinal action
Huge Mech 2813
Rock Star 2611
Anchor 238
Agent 939249
Archer37227
The Zenith 216
Saber 7 216
Empress35205
NPCs  15


This message was last edited by the GM at 13:48, Sun 04 Dec.

Empress
 player, 35 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Sun 4 Dec 2022
at 08:03
Re: Times Square, New York City
Empress (on INIT 35) opens a shimmering yellow portal with her mind.

"I'm getting out of this hunk of junk with these two.  Care to come with me?"
She gives a dazzling smile and a look over her shoulder.

"See you heroes on the other side -- and next time don't knock out the pilots."
And a wink that could stop a heart from beating.

And then she steps through the portal and teleports outside with the unconscious criminal pilots.
(The other heroes can join if they wish.)
And then the portal closes.

She'll teleport approximately 500'-750' away (guessing at an explosion distance);somewhere with a good view of the action.
Maybe the roof of a nearby building?

There is a small PR cost (6) for teleporting.

On the rooftop in her subsequent actions, she will subject the pilots to an intensive interrogation; but they will be eager to divulge everything they know to her.

This message was last edited by the player at 08:09, Sun 04 Dec.

Agent 9
 player, 78 posts
 More Clearance then God
 No Background on File
Wed 7 Dec 2022
at 06:03
Re: Times Square, New York City
None of the controls in this area operate air movement or fire weapons, so Agent 9 decides there must be another area. To find it, he holds a mirror on a selfie stick up through the hatch. After noting to the others, "four of them, and they look too busy to notice," he heads up through the hatch.
Ajudicator
 GM, 93 posts
 MacGuffins are for posers
 Posers are for voguing
Wed 7 Dec 2022
at 06:24
Re: Times Square, New York City
Archer attempts to hack the consoles, and discovers the systems are isolated and none of these operate anything essential.
Agent 9 heads to the next floor.

Empress teleports out with a couple of the pilots, leaving a door open for others.
The mech fires laser eyes at Saber 7 and tries to punch The Zenith, missing in both cases.
Flashes of actinic light accompanied by rock music loud enough to rattle the windows on the buildings begins to flare from the mech's head.


Participantfirst Actionsnext actionsfinal actions
NPCs  15
Huge Mech 2813
Rock Star 2611
Agent 939249
Anchor 238
Archer37227
The Zenith 216
Saber 7 216
Empress35205

It appears Rock Star used If You Want Blood, You Got It to attack the villains.

This message was last edited by the GM at 07:16, Yesterday.

Empress
 player, 36 posts
 Most beautiful woman ever
 "Oh, thank you so much."
Wed 7 Dec 2022
at 09:29
Re: Times Square, New York City
Now at a safe distance from the mech, Empress attempts to wake & then interrogate the pilots.
"HelloOooOoo robot jockies,
time to wakey wakey... and spill the beans."


Hopefully she won't get too bored trying to wake them -- luckily there's loud rock music blasting and a dangerous mech nearby for stimulation.

Since the pilots are unconscious, she'll attempt to revive one pilot and then use the following action to attempt Emotion Control. Then she'll repeat with Pilot 2.

(Really only one pilot is needed to be controlled, but she'd likely zap both so they will completely divulge any information (willingly/eagerly) to her.

Also it's usually easier to arrest people who willingly go to jail to make their beloved happy.)

This message was last edited by the player at 09:32, Wed 07 Dec.