RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to Robber's Dungeon

14:00, 23rd February 2024 (GMT+0)

Waverlin.

Posted by Grand MasterFor group 0
Grand Master
GM, 322 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 18:55
  • msg #1

Waverlin

Waverlin's thrown in the well to jeers.  He's cold, wet, and hungry, in a large domed chamber with a pool with a ledge and a door to one side and a passage to another.

Level 1 the well lost.
This message was last updated by the GM at 18:55, Fri 09 Dec 2022.
Waverlin
player, 2 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:03
  • msg #2

Waverlin

“You think you’re so funny!” he shouts back up the well.

“Cretins! All of you! I’d like to see YOU make it down here!”

He brushes himself off as best he could, and ponders.

”if something was down that passage it would have heard me and already attacked me…” he muses.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step, as they say. And his first steps are down the passage.
Grand Master
GM, 325 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:09
  • msg #3

Waverlin

Boos and hisses from above, someone throws a good sized rock at Waverlin, he weaves and avoids it.  That rock might be a better weapon than his fists at least.

11:07, Today: Grand Master, for the NPC Mob, rolled 4,1 using d20,d2.  rock vs. Waverlin.

(rock d2 thrown/melee)
Waverlin
player, 3 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:11
  • msg #4

Waverlin

In reply to Grand Master (msg # 3):

Waverlin nonchalantly picks up the rock from the muck and responds with a middle finger pointed upwards as he continues down the passage.

”I’ll show them! I’ll show them all!”
Grand Master
GM, 327 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:20
  • msg #5

Waverlin

Waverlin comes to a door at the passage, with nowhere else left to go he opens and enters the room beyond, a 40' square room with 2 doors on either side leading out.  An empty sack sits in the middle of the room.

Room Track 6 lost.
Waverlin
player, 4 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:26
  • msg #6

Waverlin

He walks over to the sack and lifts it up, trying to judge by the weight if there’s anything in it.
Grand Master
GM, 331 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:31
  • msg #7

Waverlin

It's empty, but easier to carry things in than in your sleeves.
Waverlin
player, 5 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:32
  • msg #8

Waverlin

Wrapping the empty sack around his left hand for a modicum of protection, he goes left.
Grand Master
GM, 334 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:45
  • msg #9

Waverlin

Room track 5 - The door opens into a huge cave approximately 400' by 300' feet.  No light from the well is reaching that far, but the cave is covered with something softly glowing green, a faint whistling is heard from a tunnel leading out to the right, there are two other tunnels leading out.
Waverlin
player, 6 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 19:56
  • msg #10

Waverlin

In reply to Grand Master (msg # 9):

He examines the phosphorescent lichens, trying to remember if they were ever mentioned in his studies.

Suddenly his eyes widen. An idea…

”I have a rock…I have a sack…a rucksack?”

He drops the rock in the bottom of the sack. He twists the sack as tight as it can go then knots the rock securely at the bottom of the sack. He then make a knot near the top, enough to get a firm grip with one or two hands.

He takes a practice swing.

”Centrifugal force multiples the impact!

He chuckles to himself.

”Behold! the ROCKSACK!”

[New Item - Rocksack: improvised flail]
Grand Master
GM, 339 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 20:07
  • msg #11

Waverlin

(OOC Ingenious! I'll make it a d4 damage)
Waverlin
player, 7 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 20:15
  • msg #12

Waverlin

”Now if only I had an apple and a pen…”

He takes a deep breath and holds it, listening to the faint whistling to the right. If it’s a long steady note, maybe it’s the wind. And if it’s the wind, it might lead to the surface if the passage is wide enough.

He licks his finger and holds it up, trying to feel if there are wind currents in any direction.

If it’s not steady, is it a pattern? Like a bird call? Or someone whistling a tune or just whistling aimlessly?
Grand Master
GM, 345 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 21:28
  • msg #13

Waverlin

Listening carefully it's like the wind through trees or a small gap.

There is just enough breeze to cause such a wind going through with a pattern sort of like breathing going between the passages.
Waverlin
player, 8 posts
AC 10
HP 10 of 10
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 21:35
  • msg #14

Waverlin

In reply to Grand Master (msg # 13):

Perfect, he thinks. Towards the gap, then. Even if he can’t crawl through at least he’ll have some fresh air!
Grand Master
GM, 351 posts
Fri 9 Dec 2022
at 22:10
  • msg #15

Waverlin

The tunnel is quite wide, above it disappears into a crack, the whistling is coming from up there.

Room track 4 lost.  Waverlin comes to a doorway, no way but forward he opens it to find it's a secret door on the other side which opens into a large trapezoidal room lit bright red from a number of people carrying red light emiting things.  A bunch of dog sized dead beetles lay around the floor, one live one following around around one a man, and another man in plate mail has hand sized spider sitting on his shoulder.  (Join on party B thread.)
This message was last edited by the GM at 22:29, Fri 09 Dec 2022.
Grand Master
GM, 603 posts
Tue 13 Dec 2022
at 17:12
  • msg #16

Waverlin

Waverlin walks out of a small waterfall in a shallow pool that  somewhere in the woods outside with the sun shining.  Flit is there.
Sign In