RolePlay onLine RPoL Logo

, welcome to MULTICLASS: THE GAME!

01:00, 23rd June 2024 (GMT+0)

In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Posted by The GMFor group 0
Dh'Gath
NPC, 9 posts
Sun 30 Jul 2023
at 17:08
  • msg #164

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...


Dh'Gath gets less shouty next, more growly, snarling things that sound like threats. He grabs the other man by the hair and shakes his head violently (but not actually slamming it against the hard wood of the deck).

The other man quietly says some stuff...

Dh'Gath gets up... then leans down and slaps the man's shoulder, hard. Then he walks over to the ladies. "We do not have weapons of earthbone-- metal-- like westerners do. The cult of the snake has been trading treasure to these westerners for weapons. I do not know what the west thinks about selling weapons to Quayern, but this is forbidden in Quayern. But they have done it anyway. Such things are more dangerous in the east than here, for... sindth... ah... spirit reasons. This must be stopped. Very dangerous spirits can be freed, with earthbones hammered for the purpose of killing. And when they do what the snake cult wants... the spirits will want to go to where the weapons that freed them came from... they will travel west, just as the caribou travel into the cold to calve."
Lethal Lil
player, 320 posts
HP: 3/5
Sun 30 Jul 2023
at 17:26
  • msg #165

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lil is taken aback by the strange almost cryptic information. Still she finds herself nodding.
"So this use of metal weapons is taboo, yet the Snake Cult is buying metal weapons anyway. Alright, I guess we can see about stopping this."
Dh'Gath
NPC, 10 posts
Sun 30 Jul 2023
at 19:57
  • msg #166

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
Lil is taken aback by the strange almost cryptic information. Still she finds herself nodding.
"So this use of metal weapons is taboo, yet the Snake Cult is buying metal weapons anyway. Alright, I guess we can see about stopping this."


"Very good. Your help helps the Dawn tribes, and your people of the west as well.

What is the next step, then? Dropping off these men? My heart beats well to think of leaving them all here in the west while we glide to Quayern."
Cassandra Everquill
player, 277 posts
Tomb Raider for Hire.
Scruples Extra. HP: 4/5
Sun 30 Jul 2023
at 22:28
  • msg #167

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra wasn't completely convinced of the supernatural shenanigans going on,  but she recognized someone who needed aid, and might reward them for their efforts

"Let's drop off our prisoners,  so we can get underway as soon as we can"
The GM
GM, 310 posts
Sun 30 Jul 2023
at 23:57
  • msg #168

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra Everquill:
Cassandra wasn't completely convinced of the supernatural shenanigans going on,  but she recognized someone who needed aid, and might reward them for their efforts

"Let's drop off our prisoners,  so we can get underway as soon as we can"


Tom and Will Stoutly and the other volunteer excise men haul up the rowboat that brought you here, and soon your new ship the Sea Ghost is sailing toward...

Say, where? Rose Harbor? Or Hanging Tree?

I guess Hanging Tree? ...But you might be better able to hire a full crew in Rose Harbor...?
Cassandra Everquill
player, 278 posts
Tomb Raider for Hire.
Scruples Extra. HP: 4/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 00:07
  • msg #169

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

OOC:  Rose Harbor was where wewere hired, right?
The GM
GM, 311 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 00:18
  • msg #170

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra Everquill:
OOC:  Rose Harbor was where wewere hired, right?


It's where you heard about the job... but the job was actually for the town council of the rather smaller town of Hanging Tree...
Cassandra Everquill
player, 279 posts
Tomb Raider for Hire.
Scruples Extra. HP: 4/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 00:50
  • msg #171

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

OOC:  okay, then I'm thinking we check in with our employer first
Lethal Lil
player, 321 posts
HP: 3/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 00:54
  • msg #172

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Rose Harbor it is.

Plus we can check on the post dealing with our new friend the diplomat Shaman.
The GM
GM, 312 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 01:17
  • msg #173

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra Everquill:
OOC:  okay, then I'm thinking we check in with our employer first


Lethal Lil:
Rose Harbor it is.

Plus we can check on the post dealing with our new friend the diplomat Shaman.



Uh y'all just said two different things
Lethal Lil
player, 322 posts
HP: 3/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 01:18
  • msg #174

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Arghhhh I thought Rose Harbor was where we had to go.
Cassandra Everquill
player, 280 posts
Tomb Raider for Hire.
Scruples Extra. HP: 4/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 01:19
  • msg #175

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

We'll go to Hanging Tree then
The GM
GM, 313 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 01:32
  • msg #176

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra Everquill:
We'll go to Hanging Tree then


(Got it.)

Before dawn, the Sea Ghost is anchored within 100 yards of the docks of Hanging Tree.

News of the success of the two adventurers (and their helpful excise men helpers) awakens the town council from their beds.

"As promised, the ship shall be yours. We will unload the Quayern cargo, but otherwise, you may keep anything else on board, and we shall give you a very fair price for the cargo.

Were any of you badly hurt? Is everything else all right?" asks one town councilman...
Lethal Lil
player, 323 posts
HP: 3/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 01:53
  • msg #177

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

"We took some scrapes and bangs but were otherwise alright. Be careful with that one he is a mage. Him and several others escaped once we would hate to see them do so again. They even kidnapped a diplomat."
Cassandra Everquill
player, 281 posts
Tomb Raider for Hire.
Scruples Extra. HP: 4/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 02:01
  • msg #178

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Cassandra nodded in agreement, backing up Lil
The GM
GM, 314 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 16:03
  • msg #179

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
"We took some scrapes and bangs but were otherwise alright. Be careful with that one he is a mage. Him and several others escaped once we would hate to see them do so again. They even kidnapped a diplomat."


"Understood, understood. We'll do our best-- keeping him bound and gagged-- and we'll send him and the other mage to Rose Harbor soon, they'll be better equipped to deal with him. They'll deal with him, or more likely have him sent to Sternza or even Vierna if need be-- ...Wait, a diplomat? What diplomat?"
Lethal Lil
player, 324 posts
HP: 3/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 20:05
  • msg #180

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

"Dh'Gath, he is a shaman."
The GM
GM, 315 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 20:43
  • msg #181

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
"Dh'Gath, he is a shaman."


"What? Of what-- Oh, d'you mean from Quayern? Not another caveman...!"

Most Sefonians think of most inhabitants of Quayern as either extremely-primitive cavemen, or little better than cavemen.
Lethal Lil
player, 325 posts
HP: 3/5
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 20:48
  • msg #182

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

"Yes, he was being held by his people. We will see to getting him back to Quayern."

Lil will take a moment while here in town to see what exactly the post was detailing the diplomat. She also wants to send a letter if possible dependent on if she finds the posting or not.
The GM
GM, 316 posts
Mon 31 Jul 2023
at 22:50
  • msg #183

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
"Yes, he was being held by his people. We will see to getting him back to Quayern."


"Well... well that's your business, of course. ...Right nice of you, I'm sure."

The town councilman doesn't really have a problem with it, he's just thinking that wild horses and hot pokers couldn't get him to travel to Quayern...

"Well, I suppose we can talk about all this in the morning... Er... you're not leaving right now, are you...?"

Lethal Lil:
Lil will take a moment while here in town to see what exactly the post was detailing the diplomat. She also wants to send a letter if possible dependent on if she finds the posting or not.


(GM rolls dice)

Sorry, that particular posting didn't make it to Hanging Tree. You may want to just ask around about it when you get to Quayern.
Lethal Lil
player, 327 posts
HP: 3/5
Sun 6 Aug 2023
at 21:48
  • msg #184

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lil sets forth into town hitting all the seaside taverns and docks trying to rouse the spirits of men to join her crew on an adventure to far off exotic lands. She makes impassioned speeches to potential ships crew trying to drum up interest in a spirit of adventure.




15:47, Today: Lethal Lil rolled 13 using 1d100 with rolls of 13.  Fighter -rousing speeches.

I will take that -5 making this an 8.

Success !

Fighter 70-->65


The GM
GM, 321 posts
Sun 6 Aug 2023
at 22:26
  • msg #185

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
Lil sets forth into town hitting all the seaside taverns and docks trying to rouse the spirits of men to join her crew on an adventure to far off exotic lands. She makes impassioned speeches to potential ships crew trying to drum up interest in a spirit of adventure.




15:47, Today: Lethal Lil rolled 13 using 1d100 with rolls of 13.  Fighter -rousing speeches.

I will take that -5 making this an 8.

Success !

Fighter 70-->65



Lil's attempt to recruit a crew goes extra-well. She gets more than enough experienced hands to sail the Sea Ghost practically wherever Lil might want to go-- yes, including to Quayern.

(Anything else we need to deal with before setting off?)
The GM
GM, 327 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2023
at 18:27
  • msg #186

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...


On the first night headed to Quayern, Lil has a dream... Bellmora whispers to her that if the Bosun's cabin had a secret little room where Dh'Gath was kept... why shouldn't the First Mate's cabin, to the left, be the same way? After all, they were side-by-side, and each seemed to be the same size when one first walked in...
Lethal Lil
player, 334 posts
HP: 3/5
Sat 12 Aug 2023
at 18:33
  • msg #187

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Upon waking then she will thank Bellmora for the vision then visit Cassandra telling her of her vision and thoughts that they should check it out together. She is sure that it is true for why would a goddess lie to her priestess. She searches for the means to find a secret door.
Dh'Gath
NPC, 13 posts
Sat 12 Aug 2023
at 19:14
  • msg #188

Re: In-Character Thread: Taking The Smuggling Ship...

Lethal Lil:
Upon waking then she will thank Bellmora for the vision then visit Cassandra telling her of her vision and thoughts that they should check it out together. She is sure that it is true for why would a goddess lie to her priestess. She searches for the means to find a secret door.


(Not gonna make you roll for it, because it's so much like the other room.)


This cramped area, only 4’ wide at the widest, is sandwiched between the adjacent cabin and the ship’s stern. It contains a number of large, irregularly-shaped bundles, wrapped in
oilskins and bound with light rope. These are piled apparently at random on the deck, as though thrown in casually from the door.

This is the place in which the weapons are housed during their journey to the customers (the lizard men). There are eight bundles here at the moment:
1 - contains five morning stars (you know, like a mace, but more spiky)
2 - contains five broadswords
3 - contains five small shields
4 - contains 10 javelins
5 - contains 10 more javelins
6 - contains five more broadswords
7 - contains five more morning stars
8 - contains four small shields and a large shield-- this latter is emblazoned on the front with the design of a snake, with forked tongue extended.

There is no identification of any sort on any of the bundles, nor is there anything else in this area.

Dh'Gath gets excited and investigates. "Good. There is no curse on these weapons yet. You can toss them into the sea."

Then he looks over the hidden storage room. "You can hide your treasure here. Much better than hiding a man."

Oh yeah, you never did finish opening all those strongboxes that were on board, did you?
Sign In