User-Run Forums on RPoL
All registered RPoL Users may create Discussion Forums which do not require a Request Access to join, and to which any registered user of RPoL may post.
Creating a Discussion Forum
Moderating a Discussion Forum
The RPoL Game Creator has settings for the following five areas:
- Game Name (required): Enter the name for your new Forum. Note that formatting code may not be used here, and entering profanity or non-alphanumeric characters will stop the game from being created. This field is limited to sixty characters in length.
- GM Alias (required): In a Discussion Forum, this field will be ignored and your Account Name will be listed instead. You should put something in this field, however.
- Classification (required): Select the "Discussion" category from the list. Forums may only be created by Users in the Discussion category.
- Forum: Check this box to ensure your newly-created board will be a "Forum".
- Bio1 and Bio2 (optional): As with GM Alias, these will be ignored when the forum is created.
The Mods Menu
The creator of a Forum becomes its Owner, and can assign others to assist them with running the forum using the "Mods Menu" to "Manage Forum Access" and "Add a Moderator". Moderators can edit and remove posts and can ban Users from the forum. They cannot edit posts by the Owner, change the Forum Owner, or ban the Forum Owner.
Participating in a Discussion Forum
Forums are managed through the Mods Menu, available to the Game Owner and the Moderators of the forum. There, those with proper access will see a section on the forum information, and several links to assist them:
Discussion Forums are run by their Owner and Moderators. They may have rules posted, so it's a good idea to read these rules before posting in them. The Moderators and Owners of Discussion Forums are analogous to a GM in a game: they have the sole say over who may user their forum and how discussions there will take place, and they have the power to ban those who become undesirable participants. RPoL Site Moderators will not interfere in these decisions, so if you are banned from a discussion forum you must deal with it by contacting the Forum Mods/Owner and working it out with them. They are under no obligation to allow anyone to access their forum who has caused trouble for them.
Last updated: 15:23, Mon 30 Apr 2007.
Direct link: http://rpol.net/help/?t=help&page=userforums