Creating a Game
A registered, verified RPoL user can, by default, create five games without any need for requesting permission. Creating a game is very quick and merely requires a Game Name (naturally enough), a Classification, and the GM Alias you (the GM) will be known as within the game. You'll also be prompted for the Biography lines for your GM persona, but these are optional.
The number of games a person can GM does vary, and will (as a general rule of thumb) increase over time. Creating a brand new game will reduce your limit by one, so be aware what you will not be able to produce a flood of new games all at once unless you have already established a presence on RPoL.
Once a game has been created, you will be taken to the appropriate page, so you can begin sculpting your masterpiece.
To begin, simply click the "Start your own game" link on the Main Menu.
The RPoL Game Creator
The RPoL Game Creator has settings for the following five areas:
- Game Name (required): Enter the name for your new game. Note that formatting code may not be used here, and entering profanity or non-alphanumeric characters will stop the game from being created. This field is limited to sixty characters in length.
- GM Alias (required): This is the name you, the GM, will be known as within the game.
- Genre (required): Select a genre (or three) for your game here. Explanations of the various game classifications can be found by clicking the small query marks next to each one.
- Forum (optional): Checking the box for "Forum" will set the game up so it is a forum, that is there will be no character database for the game. Any registered, verified RPoL user would be able to post to the forum, and they would always post as their Account Name, rather than as a Character.
- Bio1 and Bio2 (optional): Here, you can set the two Biography lines for your GM character if you choose to do so at this time. Each line is limited to thirty characters in length, and cannot contain formatting codes or special characters such as the ampersand or quotation marks.
Last updated: 20:36, Sun 08 June 2008.
Direct link: http://rpol.net/help/?t=help&page=creatingagame